Forums / Discussion / General

171,318 total conversations in 5,615 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
KYM Pony General IV: Electric Scootaloo

Last posted Feb 19, 2012 at 11:26PM EST. Added Dec 15, 2011 at 11:43AM EST
9955 posts from 129 users

badsitrep wrote:

@Connor
I like how Mac is shipped almost every mare in that chart.

Big Mac be pimpin’.

Yes, that is a chart of all fics accepted to EqD as of when it was made. lol there are at least 2 incestfics there.


Have some Gilda:

Anypony know some good short Gildafics?

Last edited Jan 19, 2012 at 10:15PM EST
Jan 19, 2012 at 10:13PM EST
Quote

I never read a Gilda fic…hell I stopped reading fanfics all together months ago. Unless they are very popular short story grimdarks.

Last edited Jan 19, 2012 at 10:17PM EST
Jan 19, 2012 at 10:17PM EST
Quote

Fridge wrote:

So, does this mean you’re shipping yourself with Fluttershy?

Why not?

Jan 19, 2012 at 10:27PM EST
Quote

Still Erin wrote:


My heart just asploded.
This is guy is responsible for many deaths from DIABEETIS.

Oh My Gosh, so that’s the guy who made Sight for Really Sore Eyes!!

That was just the most sweet, sugar-filled, diabeetus-indulcing shipping comic I’ve ever seen!

Just remembering it makes m- HHHNNNNNNGGGGG!! thud

Last edited Jan 19, 2012 at 10:43PM EST
Jan 19, 2012 at 10:42PM EST
Quote

Ideological the Vinyl Scratch wrote:


Just baking cupcakes. No rules have been broken.

Do the monkey with me!

Also, Kotaku users, I am disappoint at how many people keep using the term pedophile, it’s like that stupid cop accusing Animal Crossing players of being pedos.

Jan 19, 2012 at 10:49PM EST
Quote

What? You guys don’t know about SpeccySY?

Well, let me acquaint you. I think that hugely popular, lightly-shipped Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie tumblr is done by him. Also, there are some stray comics that use cuteness and humor to disable audiences so he can catch them with his Great Balls, because he’s too cheap to use Ultra Balls before he gets to the two Snorlaxes blocking that path to Violet City.

Examples for the clicking:

This is a personal favorite of mine (among all of the other favorites.)

…Wait, this isn’t the Celadon Department store…

Why are there ponies here?

Last edited Jan 19, 2012 at 10:54PM EST
Jan 19, 2012 at 10:52PM EST

Fluttershy got to be a tree, though I still have to wonder how she’d get in her house now.

Jan 19, 2012 at 11:26PM EST
Quote

Luna and Celestia (you heard me,I said “Celestia”.) are two of my favorite characters, and yet my favorite Alicorn will always be this one:


HUZZAH! THE CANTERLOCK HAS BEEN DOUBLED!

Anyway just making sure everyone knows I’m still in this thread and reading every post in it,
We got Ivan, our two iam s, our two Doctors and RandomMan (a.k.a. He-who-we-bring-our-virgins-to.) actively participating in this thread all we need is Twins and we’ll all be present.
If we maintain this epic turnout rate till Saturday we’ll have some really GREAT Episode discussion, the kind I look forward to even more than the episode itself.


As for shippings I approve of none.


@kp-shadowsquirrel pic:
it’s not her Gala dress that’s cheating!


@Dr. Raymond Stantz
Doesn’t matter man, the editor was clearly a brony (or closet brony), the poster with the maid-something username was obviously trolling/troll-bating, he even recommended comments that made fun of his original troll-bait, and if you read down the comment section you’ll see several people said they are gonna try the show “Anything made by the creator of PPG gotta be awesome” or something among these lines…


@Verbose:
SpeccySY is the one responsible for the Flutterjuice fad no?
(not the Dash Academy one, but the person who actually got it started into a fad on his tumblr)
If only he focused more on characters other than Flutters and Pinkie.


It’s ironic that the worst Scootabuse case to date is made by Ms. Faust herself.
I call it Scoota-canon-abuse, it’s on a tier of it’s own.
Yet somehow it only makes me like Scootaloo more, disabled or not, to me she’s more awesome than anyone else.
Also she seems to be the Fandom’s favorite CMC, which is not saying much considering the competition(I keed, I keed…)


Last edited Jan 19, 2012 at 11:37PM EST
Jan 19, 2012 at 11:29PM EST
Quote

That is true, but I’ve seen several post like that. Ah well, I know we said to love and tolerate, but honestly, anybody who calls Bronies pedophiles for enjoying the show is just an idiot.

Jan 19, 2012 at 11:40PM EST
Quote

Expect a short TL;DR from me on why I’m feeling disenfranchised (not sure if that is the right word to use) by the thread as of late. I’ll be collecting my thoughts and post it later or sometime tomorrow. Feel free to ignore it since its liable to depress the thread; I just want to share my thoughts and I know you guys are all ways willing to listen.

Jan 19, 2012 at 11:45PM EST
Quote

@X-singular

So if we have virgins to bring to RandomMan, do we just leave them at his front step, or is there a designated drop-off place? I hope I don’t have to get someone to sign for them – that just causes a million kinds of trouble.

Jan 19, 2012 at 11:51PM EST
Quote
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

gah! thread is so long, please make a new one before the next episode airs and it really gets long

Jan 19, 2012 at 11:51PM EST
Quote

@Deadpool_aka_Wade_W
Fukking saved!
@Connor
I can see what you mean I felt the same too, but I think taking a break or trying to balance it in your life should help you.
“Does the child want it more when it is taken away then having it?”
^ It is true and it not only apply to kids…

Jan 19, 2012 at 11:51PM EST
Quote

Still Erin wrote:

Expect a short TL;DR from me on why I’m feeling disenfranchised (not sure if that is the right word to use) by the thread as of late. I’ll be collecting my thoughts and post it later or sometime tomorrow. Feel free to ignore it since its liable to depress the thread; I just want to share my thoughts and I know you guys are all ways willing to listen.

And here I was, thinking u stopped chatting because u joined:

Last edited Jan 20, 2012 at 12:00AM EST
Jan 19, 2012 at 11:52PM EST

omgitsmr wrote:

And here I was, thinking u stopped chatting because u joined:

Wait, there’s a society?
Do they get handshakes?
Or teeshirts?
Handshake teeshirts?

Jan 19, 2012 at 11:54PM EST
Quote

Platus wrote:

Wait, there’s a society?
Do they get handshakes?
Or teeshirts?
Handshake teeshirts?

Its more about exclusion. No trolls, jerks, douchebags allowed in there. No people who constantly argue and bicker between each other on public threads and no downers.
-
It was created after the SynchTube trolling and arguing to control conversations. To keep them relevant, clean and friendly
-
That, and I got kicked out for talking about it a page ago. Well, it sucks anyways! Can I get back in plz :)

Last edited Jan 19, 2012 at 11:58PM EST
Jan 19, 2012 at 11:56PM EST

omgitsmr wrote:

And here I was, thinking u stopped chatting because u joined:

CAN I BE IN IT!?!?!

Jan 19, 2012 at 11:57PM EST
Quote

404 user not found wrote:

gah! thread is so long, please make a new one before the next episode airs and it really gets long

I don’t think we’ve reached the required 200 pages yet.

Jan 19, 2012 at 11:59PM EST
Quote

Jan 19, 2012 at 11:59PM EST

Platus wrote:

@X-singular

So if we have virgins to bring to RandomMan, do we just leave them at his front step, or is there a designated drop-off place? I hope I don’t have to get someone to sign for them – that just causes a million kinds of trouble.

No I heard that if you do, you just contact your nearest Fluttershy (tumblr has tons of those), and just tell her of the message of praise you’d like to be appended to your tribute.
Simple as that.


for a few moments I came close to thinking that “Random is Angel” is KYM’s Arrow-to-the-knee joke. but then I discovered this:




Look at the most thumbed-up comment, IT’S SPREADING!!!

Last edited Jan 20, 2012 at 12:03AM EST
Jan 20, 2012 at 12:01AM EST
Quote

X wrote:

No I heard that if you do, you just contact your nearest Fluttershy (tumblr has tons of those), and just tell her of the message of praise you’d like to be appended to your tribute.
Simple as that.


for a few moments I came close to thinking that “Random is Angel” is KYM’s Arrow-to-the-knee joke. but then I discovered this:




Look at the most thumbed-up comment, IT’S SPREADING!!!

I don’t think RandomMan cares…I think he would love it all the more…
Oh well.
I’ma go to bed now.
Night night!

Last edited Jan 20, 2012 at 12:08AM EST
Jan 20, 2012 at 12:05AM EST
Quote

Okay, expect rambling:

I’m thinking of taking a break from this thread, just this thread. I still love the fandom and everything we make an do. It probably has to do with that I never can quite get that high I got from when I first joined the thread (it really is like a drug that way) and it’s been compounded by the fact that it’s the middle of school which makes life suck and reduces posting. But the main thing that makes me want to find somewhere else to post is that we don’t do anything anymore. Today we had a “image war” of about five or six pics and that’s the largest one I can remember. We haven’t had any meaningful discussion or late night debate club. We just don’t do anything!

This thread is also starting to turn into Brony General instead of Pony General. We just discuss random stuff. Not that I don’t like this, I enjoy talking with you; we just don’t really talk about ponies anymore, which is what I’m mainly here for.

I’m not blaming anybody, but its the lack of discussion, lack of ponies, influx of newfags and their newfaggotry, and the suppression of normal thread behavior that’s disconcerting me. (Disconcerting was the word I was thinking of instead of disenfranchising, BTW.)

I’m going to try to find somewhere else to post for awhile. Maybe I’ll just lurk the EqD and ponibooru comments. Read some more fanfics and write some of my own.

I can’t make the thread change, and I don’t want it to change; it probably suits you all quite well. But it’s not the right thing for me anymore. I tried to bring back some of the older posters like Vinyl and Supermonday, but they just didn’t come or just left again. I shouldn’t try to change other peoples’ behaviors.

I’m not saying goodbye either. I’m literally addicted to this thread and it will take some time to leave if I choose to. I’ll lurk; I’ll talk if there is a discussion and post pics when there’s an image war. I just got addicted to posting all the time because there was something always going on.

I have to go to sleep now anyway. I hope some of you feel the same as me, and if not, this can help you understand my feelings. See everypony tomorrow!

P.S. Speaking of the “high” I got from when I first came. I still remember the 1 1/2 page Sweetie Belle Derelle I caused with one pic. I know we can’t and shouldn’t have that all the time, but I don’t like the suppression of fun, silliness, and randomness that I feel is going on.

Jan 20, 2012 at 12:09AM EST
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

I don’t think RandomMan cares…I think he would love it all the more…
Oh well.
I’ma go to bed now.
Night night!

Actually, I don’t think I have ever seen him say what he thinks about the joke. I assume he doesn’t mind, or else he would have probably tried to stop it.

Also – does “Angel is RandomMan” now qualify as the first legitimate meme to come out of KYM?

Jan 20, 2012 at 12:14AM EST
Quote

omgitsmr wrote:

And here I was, thinking u stopped chatting because u joined:

i thought KYM was always the brony society. just look at the top images page

Jan 20, 2012 at 12:17AM EST
Quote

Platus wrote:

Actually, I don’t think I have ever seen him say what he thinks about the joke. I assume he doesn’t mind, or else he would have probably tried to stop it.

Also – does “Angel is RandomMan” now qualify as the first legitimate meme to come out of KYM?

That is what RandomMan gets for being a mod and having a avatar of a character that fits his personality. He becomes a meme! xD
@Connor the Brony
Well I know, but reason why we do not do the AAAA thing that much (even I had to suppress myself from doing it too) is because the anti bronies or other KYMites will complain about it and repeat what happened last time the thread became almost a chat.
But it is okay to take a break for a bit, I kind of did too.
Good night (and this time I mean it).

Last edited Jan 20, 2012 at 12:19AM EST
Jan 20, 2012 at 12:18AM EST
Quote

X wrote:

No I heard that if you do, you just contact your nearest Fluttershy (tumblr has tons of those), and just tell her of the message of praise you’d like to be appended to your tribute.
Simple as that.


for a few moments I came close to thinking that “Random is Angel” is KYM’s Arrow-to-the-knee joke. but then I discovered this:




Look at the most thumbed-up comment, IT’S SPREADING!!!

Jan 20, 2012 at 12:19AM EST
Quote

@Connor

Who’s suppressing what? If this thread lacks ponies, post ponies. If it lacks silliness, post silliness.

Nobody is stopping you. Neither oldfags or newfags.

Have you considered the possibility that maybe it’s not the thread changing, but you? You have changed since I first saw your posts. Not in a bad way. I have just noticed you post a bit differently now compared to the last several months. Maybe you just are not the random silly poster you once were and your new attitude is being reflected in this thread. After all you have always been one of the guys who really drives this thread and the behavior in it.

Late night debates depend on very good timing, the right peopel must be present at the right time to start one. Lately that chance has not been happening so if you want another late night debate, it will take coordination. But they can still happen.

Image wars are smaller because people here are changing and don’t want them anymore. Too many people dislike rapid image spam. In order to make this thread more inviting to others, images have been toned down.

And be nice to the new people joining us. They are not to blame.

Oh well, see you later

Last edited Jan 20, 2012 at 12:29AM EST
Jan 20, 2012 at 12:23AM EST
Quote

404 user not found wrote:

i thought KYM was always the brony society. just look at the top images page

Jan 20, 2012 at 12:23AM EST
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

That is what RandomMan gets for being a mod and having a avatar of a character that fits his personality. He becomes a meme! xD
@Connor the Brony
Well I know, but reason why we do not do the AAAA thing that much (even I had to suppress myself from doing it too) is because the anti bronies or other KYMites will complain about it and repeat what happened last time the thread became almost a chat.
But it is okay to take a break for a bit, I kind of did too.
Good night (and this time I mean it).

That was just one example of how the thread used to be funner IMO.

And the discussion is more vanilla and meaningless than ever to me. It’s like a chat now. At least the derails were pony related.

Also not sure my other KYMers would complain. It doesn’t affect them.

Final goodnight from me too. Thanks for the karma, I needed the positive reinforcement.

Jan 20, 2012 at 12:24AM EST
Quote

The next episode coming up has an homage to the famous I love Lucy Chocolate factory scene. I remember that episode so well. Fred and Ricky tried to be the housewives, while Ethel and Lucy tried to bring home the bacon. I have the complete series of I love lucy, so I’m pretty excited for this!

Jan 20, 2012 at 12:27AM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Connor

Who’s suppressing what? If this thread lacks ponies, post ponies. If it lacks silliness, post silliness.

Nobody is stopping you. Neither oldfags or newfags.

Have you considered the possibility that maybe it’s not the thread changing, but you? You have changed since I first saw your posts. Not in a bad way. I have just noticed you post a bit differently now compared to the last several months. Maybe you just are not the random silly poster you once were and your new attitude is being reflected in this thread. After all you have always been one of the guys who really drives this thread and the behavior in it.

Late night debates depend on very good timing, the right peopel must be present at the right time to start one. Lately that chance has not been happening so if you want another late night debate, it will take coordination. But they can still happen.

Image wars are smaller because people here are changing and don’t want them anymore. Too many people dislike rapid image spam. In order to make this thread more inviting to others, images have been toned down.

And be nice to the new people joining us. They are not to blame.

Oh well, see you later

Please excuse the double post, should one occur.

Yeah, I thought about that. One thing that I forgot to mention that this thread (and to some extent, ponies in general ) have lost their novelty, as someone said a few pages ago. I’m not a leader and I usually just want to join in on things. It seems there are less ‘seeds’ for fun times recently. The only thing I ever really started was R34 dumps, but I don’t want to be known for that anymore and we can’t even do them legitimately.

Well today, I said I wanted to have a cute shipping war. Three pics in, someone proclaims an end to it. I know I can continue on my own, but then that will be boring and you all will think I’m trying to derail the thread for my own enjoyment. Such is the problem of being in a community, you have to rely on others, which is something I hate.

I do want to be that random silly, occasionally inappropriate, poster that I was, but I need help. I can’t do anything fun with the community if the community doesn’t want to do it with me.

Real goodnight. Unless there is now another comment to respond to.

Jan 20, 2012 at 12:29AM EST
Quote

Still Erin wrote:

Please excuse the double post, should one occur.

Yeah, I thought about that. One thing that I forgot to mention that this thread (and to some extent, ponies in general ) have lost their novelty, as someone said a few pages ago. I’m not a leader and I usually just want to join in on things. It seems there are less ‘seeds’ for fun times recently. The only thing I ever really started was R34 dumps, but I don’t want to be known for that anymore and we can’t even do them legitimately.

Well today, I said I wanted to have a cute shipping war. Three pics in, someone proclaims an end to it. I know I can continue on my own, but then that will be boring and you all will think I’m trying to derail the thread for my own enjoyment. Such is the problem of being in a community, you have to rely on others, which is something I hate.

I do want to be that random silly, occasionally inappropriate, poster that I was, but I need help. I can’t do anything fun with the community if the community doesn’t want to do it with me.

Real goodnight. Unless there is now another comment to respond to.

Don’t leave! I promise to post silly shit whenever you do. If one person tells you to stop posting, just ignore it and do what you want. You have to stay bro, we need some silly posters to keep this thread funny…

Jan 20, 2012 at 12:32AM EST
Quote

@Connor

Instead of putting words in your mouth, I think I’ll just emphasize everything I "THIS"’d in my mind when I read it.

  • “But the main thing that makes me want to find somewhere else to post is that we don’t do anything anymore. Today we had a “image war” of about five or six pics and that’s the largest one I can remember. We haven’t had any meaningful discussion or late night debate club. We just don’t do anything!”
    • Ideally for me, there would be a ton of pony images, a lot of Pony discussion, and not much talk about each other and the world outside of it. But I’m guilty of that, myself. I want to know how you guys are doing, but I also want to talk and see Pony.
  • “…but its the lack of discussion, lack of ponies, influx of newfags and their newfaggotry…”
    • Nothing to add. I don’t want to make individuals feel bad. Just…this.
  • “Maybe I’ll just lurk the EqD and ponibooru comments.”
    • Please do this. I think you’ll find that there is much more focus on Pony on Ponibooru than here. I probably visit Ponibooru more because of it. Try to search all of the images of your favorite character when you get down. I did that with Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle. If you like ponies, then I’d doubt it couldn’t put a smile on your face. It’s one of the few times that I’ve felt something like that first marathon of watching 10 new (to me) episodes in a row.
  • “I can’t make the thread change, and I don’t want it to change; it probably suits you all quite well. But it’s not the right thing for me anymore. I tried to bring back some of the older posters like Vinyl and Supermonday, but they just didn’t come or just left again. I shouldn’t try to change other peoples’ behaviors.”
    • All of my This. We can’t/shouldn’t make it change.

And I guess I will throw in one last comment. As you said, because there’s nothing really wrong with the thread (unless we all agree with Connor,) posts like this will bring down the spirit of the thread. They shouldn’t be made often.

However, since Connor’s leaving for a bit/changing his posting habits, I’m glad he said why.
 
 
Look for my stray comments on Ponibooru, Connor. :D

Last edited Jan 20, 2012 at 12:58AM EST
Jan 20, 2012 at 12:36AM EST

Dac wrote:

Don’t leave! I promise to post silly shit whenever you do. If one person tells you to stop posting, just ignore it and do what you want. You have to stay bro, we need some silly posters to keep this thread funny…

It needs to be just more than two people. But you are always helpful whenever someone is trying to post silly shit. But even if there are two people, it still strays into the territory of derailing the thread for our own purposes.

I’m also too addicted to leave anytime soon. I’ll just try to extract as much fun from the thread as I can before I find somewhere else to post.


@Verbose
Thank you for responding. I’ve missed your epic posts a lot.
The only thing I can offer you right now (I’ve run out of words for today) are my hugs.


One last thing, since to make myself happy, I have to post pics. So have this one which combines every lulzy thing about the fandom

(Insert laughing Dash reaction here.)

Last edited Jan 20, 2012 at 12:46AM EST
Jan 20, 2012 at 12:36AM EST
Quote

Verbose wrote:

@Connor

Instead of putting words in your mouth, I think I’ll just emphasize everything I "THIS"’d in my mind when I read it.

  • “But the main thing that makes me want to find somewhere else to post is that we don’t do anything anymore. Today we had a “image war” of about five or six pics and that’s the largest one I can remember. We haven’t had any meaningful discussion or late night debate club. We just don’t do anything!”
    • Ideally for me, there would be a ton of pony images, a lot of Pony discussion, and not much talk about each other and the world outside of it. But I’m guilty of that, myself. I want to know how you guys are doing, but I also want to talk and see Pony.
  • “…but its the lack of discussion, lack of ponies, influx of newfags and their newfaggotry…”
    • Nothing to add. I don’t want to make individuals feel bad. Just…this.
  • “Maybe I’ll just lurk the EqD and ponibooru comments.”
    • Please do this. I think you’ll find that there is much more focus on Pony on Ponibooru than here. I probably visit Ponibooru more because of it. Try to search all of the images of your favorite character when you get down. I did that with Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle. If you like ponies, then I’d doubt it couldn’t put a smile on your face. It’s one of the few times that I’ve felt something like that first marathon of watching 10 new (to me) episodes in a row.
  • “I can’t make the thread change, and I don’t want it to change; it probably suits you all quite well. But it’s not the right thing for me anymore. I tried to bring back some of the older posters like Vinyl and Supermonday, but they just didn’t come or just left again. I shouldn’t try to change other peoples’ behaviors.”
    • All of my This. We can’t/shouldn’t make it change.

And I guess I will throw in one last comment. As you said, because there’s nothing really wrong with the thread (unless we all agree with Connor,) posts like this will bring down the spirit of the thread. They shouldn’t be made often.

However, since Connor’s leaving for a bit/changing his posting habits, I’m glad he said why.
 
 
Look for my stray comments on Ponibooru, Connor. :D


THIS.
Down to every comma, THIS


anyone else getting the vibe that this thread is probably the last MLP general?
Naming it after “Electric Boogaloo” was just asking for it…

Last edited Jan 20, 2012 at 12:47AM EST
Jan 20, 2012 at 12:46AM EST
Quote

@Connor
I haven’t posted in here much because I don’t find many things I wish to comment on. I suppose I could join in the occasional image spam. But I really miss the discussions we used to get into in this thread. I think the lack of discussion is due to us discussing almost everything we could. The well has dried up, so to speak.

Jan 20, 2012 at 12:46AM EST
Quote

@Connor

Reading everything you wrote, I can pin the problem down to one thing only.

Change. That’s all it comes down to. Older posters leave, newer posters come in. With that comes different attitudes, different posting styles, different activities and different post rates. This thread is not dying, it’s just changing, neither in a good nor bad direction.

I have seen this all before. This happens in every forum I have ever been to, there will always be what I call “community shifts”. And I guess for you it is happening here, right now. It’s your turn to experience change.

You decide how you want to respond to it. You can change in accordance with the changing community or you can bail out and revert to lurking. But don’t leave us entirely. We will miss you.

Last edited Jan 20, 2012 at 12:51AM EST
Jan 20, 2012 at 12:49AM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Connor

Reading everything you wrote, I can pin the problem down to one thing only.

Change. That’s all it comes down to. Older posters leave, newer posters come in. With that comes different attitudes, different posting styles, different activities and different post rates. This thread is not dying, it’s just changing, neither in a good nor bad direction.

I have seen this all before. This happens in every forum I have ever been to, there will always be what I call “community shifts”. And I guess for you it is happening here, right now. It’s your turn to experience change.

You decide how you want to respond to it. You can change in accordance with the changing community or you can bail out and revert to lurking. But don’t leave us entirely. We will miss you.

I have noticed the same thing. Most of the people who were around KYM when I started up are gone now. It’s odd to think of how many bronies on this site do not remember a time when MLP was not the number-one meme on the site (you guys remember the race to 2 million views against Forever Alone? That was pretty sweet). I still plan to stick around, and a lot of people from before I know through a Steam group called The KYM Brony Brotherhood – so it isn’t that bad.

Though I do need to post on this thread more. Are we still making jokes about arrows about all of someone’s bases belonging to us? Or is it arrows and knees now?

I feel old.

Jan 20, 2012 at 01:01AM EST
Quote

Still Erin wrote:

That was just one example of how the thread used to be funner IMO.

And the discussion is more vanilla and meaningless than ever to me. It’s like a chat now. At least the derails were pony related.

Also not sure my other KYMers would complain. It doesn’t affect them.

Final goodnight from me too. Thanks for the karma, I needed the positive reinforcement.

It’s like a chat……now?

Remember in Pony Thread II when people would literally post nothing more than a single sentence, usually less that 7 words and then followed by three fucking pages of sweetie derelles?

NO! That wasn’t pony related anymore than it is now.

I for one do not relish the old days.

Jan 20, 2012 at 01:34AM EST
Quote

@X-singular

Do I think this is the last Pony thread?

Simply, no. We’re far from it.
 
 
I will make a prediction though. For fun.

When it does die, the thread won’t autolock. It will be locked. And if God is a good storyteller (and I believe He is,) then a brony mod will be the one to lock it.

Reason?
 
 
The thread was off-topic.


But isn’t there a new episode in a few dozen hours? Isn’t it with Applejack?

I hope Dave Polsky wrote it.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy…

Jan 20, 2012 at 01:53AM EST

@Connor
I know what you mean when we say that this thread is becoming less and less about ponies and the brony fandom in general. I think it’s mostly because we’ve already discussed everything we can think of. Every time someone points out something that nobody had thought of before, it usually gets a decent response, but we’re just sick of the old ‘R34 sucks guise’ and ‘Dash isn’t a lesbian’ talks. I do miss the old days when everything was new and interesting, but I still wouldn’t want to go back. I prefer this thread now that we’re all familiar with each other, and get on more like a community than a random collection of bronies. Also the SynchTubes are fun.


Other stuff:

  • I apologise for my lack of activity lately. As I stated on the Mafia thread, I’ve found myself with significantly less free time than I’ve had in recent weeks. Blame uni. I should be around tomorrow night, since I can afford to sleep in on Sundays.
  • The only really good Gilda fic I’ve read is Heart of Gold, Feathers of Steel. It goes through Griffon the Brush Off from Gilda’s point of view (it makes her seems like less of a bitch), and then goes on to a sequel filled with OC’s. The second part isn’t quite as good as the first, but it’s still significantly better than the average fanfic. It’s not a short fic, but it isn’t overly long either. I think I finished the first part in an afternoon.
  • TwiLuna is best ship, but only pre-season 2 Luna. Second place goes to Octavia and Scratch. Strangely, when I think ‘shipping’, I never think of Lyra and Bon-Bon. They’re two background characters that I’ve never found very interesting.
Last edited Jan 20, 2012 at 08:20AM EST
Jan 20, 2012 at 08:15AM EST
Quote

X wrote:

No I heard that if you do, you just contact your nearest Fluttershy (tumblr has tons of those), and just tell her of the message of praise you’d like to be appended to your tribute.
Simple as that.


for a few moments I came close to thinking that “Random is Angel” is KYM’s Arrow-to-the-knee joke. but then I discovered this:




Look at the most thumbed-up comment, IT’S SPREADING!!!

Whoever is responsible for that comment. Sir, I salute to you.

Edit: I actually checked the profile of the person who made that comment. I believe he has posted here as well on occasion.


@Platus

Yeah, I really don’t mind it. Being one of the few bronies here who doesn’t have a pony related avatar, it just happened automatically. I actually find it quite funny.

Last edited Jan 20, 2012 at 08:43AM EST
Jan 20, 2012 at 08:32AM EST
Quote

All my old friends came back!

Yeah, if you somehow knew my personality IRL you would know how much I hate any type of change. Whether it be painting a room or going on an unexpected vacation.

I guess I’ll start thinking about things to debate, for my sake and the sake of the thread.
We just need one good day to start things off…

Jan 20, 2012 at 09:03AM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!