Forums / Discussion / General

168,550 total conversations in 5,398 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General IV: Electric Scootaloo

Last posted Feb 19, 2012 at 11:26PM EST. Added Dec 15, 2011 at 11:43AM EST
9955 posts from 129 users

I honestly think Tabitha might be joking, or at least as I said, I hope she’s joking, cause if they can force her to remove Derpy’s name from her blog, that’s just all sorts of sad.

Feb 03, 2012 at 01:35PM EST

Update: Not sure if Catastrophe or just Epic-trolling.(Link to Tabitha St. Germain’s personal blog, she’ Derpy’s VA in case you don’t know already)

See all those “_____” ?

Derpy’s name used to be posted there.

I understand WeLoveFine and iTunes (companies) pulling the name, but on a Voice Actor’s personal blog?

Wow, SOPA and PIPA level censorship right there.
Dare I say …… You know what? I was just about to invoke Godwin’s Law here….

@Ivan:
It looks like this “Brand New Member” added everyone who posted on THE PREVIOUS PAGE ONLY as an editor, thus I wasn’t added.

Last edited Feb 03, 2012 at 01:47PM EST
Feb 03, 2012 at 01:39PM EST

As I said, I think she’s trolling/joking, cause that’s her blog, I don’t think you can be forced to remove stuff from your blog, and if you can, then as I said, that’s just all sorts of sad.

Feb 03, 2012 at 01:43PM EST

Ashki wrote:

As I said, I think she’s trolling/joking, cause that’s her blog, I don’t think you can be forced to remove stuff from your blog, and if you can, then as I said, that’s just all sorts of sad.

maybe some contract or NDA or something is forcing her to remove it?

Feb 03, 2012 at 01:44PM EST

Does anypony remember when Valentine’s Day is?

Cause I’m thinking this may be why we are getting a shipping episode.

Feb 03, 2012 at 02:57PM EST

Feb 14 2012

Feb 03, 2012 at 02:59PM EST

Hey people, the OP of this article has added around every non-mod on this thread as an editor.

Most of you who post here on a regular basis were amongst it, you can check your mail for it if you’re uncertain. It should contain an automatically generated mail that you got editorship.

But anyway, I’m going to remove you all as an editor. Please don’t take it personal, but OP just had to be a faggot. I don’t want you guys get blamed for his actions. He has been warned about this.

Last edited Feb 03, 2012 at 03:34PM EST
Feb 03, 2012 at 03:31PM EST

I still feel Forever Alone for not getting added to that article, oh and btw guys.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/02/derpy-returns-to-we-love-fine.html

This whole situation, it makes me…..

Feb 03, 2012 at 03:34PM EST

Ashki wrote:

I still feel Forever Alone for not getting added to that article, oh and btw guys.

Ages ago, Lauren Faust wrote:

DANCE PUPPETS DANCE!

Her way of thought seemingly did live on…

These are all my thoughts on the matter so far…

Last edited Feb 03, 2012 at 04:02PM EST
Feb 03, 2012 at 03:55PM EST

this hole derpy thing is hurting my brain

Last edited Feb 03, 2012 at 04:46PM EST
Feb 03, 2012 at 04:26PM EST

Ashki wrote:

Wouldn’t it be funny if this whole thing turned out to be nothing but a series of vaugue coicedences and practical jokes, and we’ve completely uprooted the internet over nothing? Potentially disastrous or not, we’re all jumpy as balls.

@badsitrep:
!2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png!

Last edited Feb 03, 2012 at 04:34PM EST
Feb 03, 2012 at 04:27PM EST

This is the best thing ever.

I have to miss tomorrow’s episode. Argh.

Feb 03, 2012 at 04:43PM EST

@Gigatoast: Well, niether WLF or Hasbro has said what the deal is, but all I know is raging at Hasbro is not going to help.

@Fridge Logic: I was wondering how long it was going to be before someone did something like that.

@Ric: That’s always made me laugh as well.

Last edited Feb 03, 2012 at 06:28PM EST
Feb 03, 2012 at 06:27PM EST

Last night, I started posting here like I do every day, untill the moment my internet “derped” so hard it took just hours to reconnect.

I knew something was wrong

Now today I finally got the chance to enter KYM again and what do I see? Derpy’s being censored because some pony ignorants see her as an offense to mentally disabled people. I know you probably have discussed about that on nthe previous pages, but I feel like throwing my two cents about it.

First of all: Really parents? F**** really? The producers of MLP had no intention at all to portrait her as having mental problems. They were just attempting to make a small dedicatory to some of their show’s most beloved fans, the bronys. It probably wasn’t even their idea to make she act like that in the episode. It is us in first place who made Derpy the way she is, silly and clumsy, nothing more.They knew it, and put her on the episode just the way we see her. So if any of those critics want to complain about her, it should have been us they had to attack first. Hasbro? She got nothing on it. Come at us bros!

Continuiying, as most likely everyone has pointed out already, Derpy isn’t the first (and won’t be the last) cartoon character that show traices of this “mental dissability”. Ed and Patrick are just two of the most famous examples.But why only Hasbro got face these acusations? I say it’s because these people are still attached to the ye old way of MLP: a sugar filled cartoon about colorful ponies that do absolutelly nothing on each episode, but are an excellent entertainment for their little girls. When Faust agreed to develop the new generation, she clearly wanted to break the girly and dull, stereotype of the show, and put it in the same level as more mature cartoons made for everyone, like Sponge Bob and Ed, Edd and Eddy. Those, of course, are very same cartoons with “mentally disabled” characters that make things infinitelly more stupid, but that no one has ever complained about, not the fans, and even less the parents. So if they can, why not ponies?

And finally, just to leave no doubts whatsoever, Faust herself addmited she see’s Derpy as more of a Harpo Marx type of character. Goofy, yes, but certainly not an idiot.

/ rage rant mode over

Last edited Feb 03, 2012 at 06:34PM EST
Feb 03, 2012 at 06:33PM EST

And now Im being comissioned to draw Derpabuse after the last comissioned pic. Wow, people sure hate some characters. Its all bloody and stuff. I mean id accept the money and never mind, but damn, even I go “wtf??!”

Feb 03, 2012 at 06:43PM EST

omgitsmr wrote:

And now Im being comissioned to draw Derpabuse after the last comissioned pic. Wow, people sure hate some characters. Its all bloody and stuff. I mean id accept the money and never mind, but damn, even I go “wtf??!”

@404: As Pinkie woukd say, do it!

@Ivan: Ugh, thats bad, though I’m curious, what was your last commission.

Feb 03, 2012 at 06:47PM EST

@Greg’s post and others like it

THIS MAN! IS A F@#KING GENIUS!
Greg, you’re right. I know others have said it, and you’re all correct. People don’t complain about Patrick, Ed, or others like it. Derpy is not mentaly challenged. My guess, it’s the eyes. The disorient her. It’s NOT A MENTAL HANDICAP. They need to realise they can’t make exceptions. Just because MLP is one targeting girls, doesn’t mean they can let the others like it off. Ponies are a show too. They deserve the same treatment. Well, good news! (somewhat) I got my laptop back, but it’s not without drawbacks. I can only have it from 3:30 in the afternoon to 6:30 at night. And only 4 hours on the weekends. But, I can manage the late night discussions now. ‘Rents get tired, I’m online at 10. Thank you, closet.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please take everything above the line with a grain of salt. If anything stupid is there, please dismiss it as another one of my insane rantings that are not meant to make any valid point. If there is something o merit, meh. Sense can come from nonsense. Who knew?

@ Ivan I saw the Scootabuse one. God, what the hell? I can expect Tia, but Luna? Seriously? Well, if it’s where the money’s at, then go for it. But, if you get anything too upsetting, let me take a look at it. I can probably help you with the judgment of the outlandishness.

Last edited Feb 03, 2012 at 07:05PM EST
Feb 03, 2012 at 06:50PM EST

404, stop that. That’s fairly obvious.

twins wrote:

And really, what would be better for Hasbro to do, alienate most of their audience by getting rid of a fan favorite, or pleasing the small but vocal (or at least they suddenly got vocal) minority who have no basis for wanting her gone than “it’s offensive?”

Gigatoast wrote:

There are more bronies then people offended by projected stereotypes in a kid’s show.

BSoD wrote:
Well, I can’t take his argument out of context without removing the point that I strongly object to, but I’ll link to it here.

Now that I read twins’ post in more detail, that’s a terribly insensitive remark. (BSoD and Gigatoast, I’m actually a little embarrassed in you guys.) I think I’ll address both of your points in what follows.

If something is offensive to just a few people, then that doesn’t mean the objections are not valid or do not merit discussion. And most certainly not on the basis of trying to please the majority. Dear God, no.

There is a point of being too sensitive, and I think the Derpy situation is that, but don’t bring up the majority argument when concerning something that is potentially prejudiced. That, in itself, is offensive and unfair to any minority of any sort who has a valid (or at least reasonable) point. Sexual minority, racial minority, mental capability minority…broneis have a case (one that I agree with mostly.)

We outnumber those who disagree with us is not it.

I rarely say this, but that is a terrible argument. Even as part of a broader argument, it is awful.

But back to the point I think twins was making. Gigatoast, if you read that paragraph, I think you can see she was saying that broneis are most of their audience, because she believed that broneis would be alienated.

• The broneis would not have been alienated.
    • Alienated means a group of people with a perceived identity are made to feel as if they are not wanted. Removing Derpy would at worst be appeasing a group that disagrees with broneis, but it would most certainly not be alienating them.
  • In twins’ rhetorical argument,…IT WOULD BE BETTER IF HASBRO ACTUALLY ALIENATED BRONEIS. The rhetorical question fails.
    • Like I said before, target demographic fans buy more than broneis and outnumber us. If they had the opportunity to alienate all of us as opposed to getting heat about Derpy (which fortunately it doesn’t seem like they’re getting in any real force,) then I would be shocked if Hasbro didn’t go into full “cut-off-the-Bronies” mode, and took off all YouTube video, shut down Ponibooru, Ponychan, and any site using their materials in a way that they could legally prosecute.

This outnumbering argument is not offending a person based on an unchangeable and obvious perceived identity such as a person with a mental handicap. It appeals to money and not a joke.

And my main point is that the show stays the same either way. It’s great to see Derpy, even if the voice was a little lower than the objectors would have liked (and it’s a little low for me, but I can get over it. I know why it happened.) But if I never saw her design at all again in the show, then I’m fine with that too.

DHX said hi, Hasbro said hi. They invited us over to a party. It was fun. Turns out that the strippers were in poor taste. They can’t have the party again, but I still know that they wanted to invite us and enjoy ourselves. That’s more than I need. All I want is the show to still be FiM, and that’s not in danger right now.

Feb 03, 2012 at 07:00PM EST

But what would happen if the person who complained about Derpy complained about say, Zecora and the same situation occured. To me this is kind of a slippery slope.

Feb 03, 2012 at 07:27PM EST

Guys I won’t be on much for tonight and I think I won’t be here for tomorrows episode because I will be going some where with my older brother…I forgot the name of the thing but he said the people in “The walking dead” will be there.
Also I got to get up early, night all.

Last edited Feb 03, 2012 at 08:26PM EST
Feb 03, 2012 at 08:24PM EST

One, Dr. Brown, you didn’t read all of my post (not saying it’s easy to read them though.) I was saying that twins’ argument wasn’t particularly good. I’m not saying her stance wasn’t one I agreed with. I said a few times in that post that I think those who object to Derpy are being oversensitive.

Also The slippery slope isn’t a sound and logical argument philosophically. “Note that these arguments may indeed have validity, but they require some independent justification of the connection between their terms: otherwise the argument (as a logical tool) remains fallacious.”

In the case of Zecora, if people haven’t argued it yet, then they probably won’t. Zecora is not seen as a joke character. She’s actually very wise, and it adds to diversity without making black people look bad. Derpy was made out to be a joke character (even as an nod to the fans.)

I agree with you guys. I’m just more moderate. Any argument to keep Derpy is not necessarily a good one.

Feb 03, 2012 at 08:25PM EST

@ Dr. Greg Horse.

Like hell he is, I draw violent stuff now. Maybe, just maybe ill have somepony stab that bunny.

OMG random dont kill me.

Feb 03, 2012 at 08:27PM EST

@Verbose

If I implied that anti-Derpy complaints should be ignored for being a minor opinion, then I apologize, but if that’s the impression I gave, then I gave it to you accidentally.

Read my post one more time. I’m simply pointing out the likelyhood that the complaints about Derpy are in fact minor. I never said that they don’t count for that reason.

I believe that Hasbro has every right to listen to their complaints and take appropriate action. Even if they are as small as I concluded in my post

Furthermore, what I previously wrote was before I found out that the complaints actually did come from disabled persons.

Before that, I assumed that only Bronies were attacking Derpy in defense of disabled persons (which I knew was completely unnecessary and my tone reflected that). That’s why I kept asking the question: Who’s really complaining?

Well I found out on my own after some digging and its true; Disabled persons really did complain among those who did. Once I knew that, I changed my tone.

Either way, I would have never suggested that their opinions didn’t matter.

That said, my friends, I have an announcement to make.

This chain of event weighs heavily upon me. I am being emotionally compromised over a little grey cartoon horse and I apologize for any recent behavior then seemed irrational. Especially to you Verbose

I feel like I’m partially responsible for turning this thread into SRS BZNS and an unfunny debate scene and I don’t want that. Yesterday was the day I put on hold simply because someone else across the world made booboo on national television and people got upset. That’s sad, yes. But so is losing hours over it.

My posts are just exasperating the issue here.

So I’ve decided to do a Citation and take a break from this thread. I won’t be gone for long. Just long enough for this whole fiasco to blow over.

I’ll be on the JFF forum and my wall if anyone needs me

Feb 03, 2012 at 08:28PM EST

aww hell, why is everyone writing tl;dr now?
-
Yes, mentally challenged people complained, yes someone with actual issues was offended. Its just a cartoon character. Everyone chill the fuck out. You got brains, u understand whats going on.

Some people dont have that ability. They dont understand. Id rather people not be offended, and to have more people watch this show.

-
Its not about bronies, or trolls or haters being dissatisfied by Derpy and stuff. Its about people with actual problems being offended.

Last edited Feb 03, 2012 at 08:34PM EST
Feb 03, 2012 at 08:31PM EST

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

Random is now our religious leader

Give us your blessing, oh holy one!

Feb 03, 2012 at 08:35PM EST

Looks like everything with Derpy is gonna work out okay after all!

New discussion, how does Dash hurt herself? (If it said so in that little spoiler clip, don’t tell me please.)

If she can run into the ground at mach 1 how can she ever be hurt?

Feb 03, 2012 at 08:43PM EST

Not Caramel wrote:

New discussion, how does Dash hurt herself? (If it said so in that little spoiler clip, don’t tell me please.)

the plot is a deadly weapon

Edit: i just remembered what plot means to bronies….

Last edited Feb 03, 2012 at 08:56PM EST
Feb 03, 2012 at 08:46PM EST

@connor

she can be hurt like this

Last edited Feb 03, 2012 at 08:48PM EST
Feb 03, 2012 at 08:47PM EST

Crap……….well, I’m out. I’ll be back when the whole plot thing blows over. You know what I mean. See ya in a few.

Feb 03, 2012 at 08:59PM EST

Plot things blows over?

Feb 03, 2012 at 09:00PM EST

Pinkie! Watch out for his winkie! Its dirty, but it makes sweet lemonade…

Feb 03, 2012 at 09:01PM EST

Feb 03, 2012 at 09:04PM EST

omgitsmr wrote:

This is what I think about your horse…

Feb 03, 2012 at 09:07PM EST

Not Caramel wrote:

Let’s not forget Rarity’s promisse

Feb 03, 2012 at 09:09PM EST

Hey guys! SHED.MOV just came out! BUT WAIT! DON’T CLICK IT YET! VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED! Like, seriously. If you didn’t like the others you’ll hate this one with a burning passion. I personally thought they were all hilarious but maybe I’m a weird-o.

Last edited Feb 03, 2012 at 09:15PM EST
Feb 03, 2012 at 09:12PM EST

'Hip-Hop Legend' Lolstaz wrote:

Hey guys! SHED.MOV just came out! BUT WAIT! DON’T CLICK IT YET! VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED! Like, seriously. If you didn’t like the others you’ll hate this one with a burning passion. I personally thought they were all hilarious but maybe I’m a weird-o.

how fucking high was the person that made these

Feb 03, 2012 at 09:26PM EST

404 user not found wrote:

how fucking high was the person that made these

Feb 03, 2012 at 09:27PM EST

Staz, I spot some 80s Cherilee at the prom. God, best one yet. Too damn funny. Sides hurt bad, and many tears were shed out of laughter. The whole flashback sequence was priceless. And Discord’s STILL ravaging the city. The building and its residents are now his bitches………FOREVER.

Last edited Feb 03, 2012 at 09:31PM EST
Feb 03, 2012 at 09:29PM EST

Well, just watched

Apparently some characters had their dark sides switched

But still…

Last edited Feb 03, 2012 at 09:32PM EST
Feb 03, 2012 at 09:32PM EST

She turned her into a….decorative toaster cozy…

Feb 03, 2012 at 09:33PM EST

@BSoD

My bad, then. I recognized that you changed your tone earlier, so I wasn’t upset with that. I was upset with what I thought you said, but I did misinterpret what you said.

I’d hug you, but that’s some weak sh!t, yo. No hugs.

Also, Rainbow Dash tomorrow! Get hyped! Whooo…

Feb 03, 2012 at 09:47PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!