232,892 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General IV: Electric Scootaloo

Last posted Feb 19, 2012 at 11:26PM EST. Added Dec 15, 2011 at 11:43AM EST
9955 posts from 129 users

Cite wrote:

Uh, so according to this article, we've learned two things:
It's a group of trolls from /co/ and/or /v/ (asshats) that are taking down YouTube episodes, not Hasbro
and apparently, some assholes (probably the same guys) have doxxed Sethisto. Which means they have his phone number, address, and the identities of some family members.
I reccomend giving that whole article a read.
All I have to say is, why? Why the fuck would you waste so much energy just hating something? Dear Lord, this fandom pisses me off sometimes, but I still don't understand how anyone, nonbrony or not, could do something like this.
If these guys devoted half this effort to instead finding a cure to cancer and an infinite, nonpollutant energy source, the world would be a much better place.
But no. They need to waste it on pastel colored ponies.
The Internet seriously makes me sick sometimes, I swear.

okay, well that is definately weird. Wasting so much energy hating something, and for what. It accomplishes nothing. People got too much time on their hands.
-
Edit: Fantastic, Random, just fantastic. I sure love pictures of bugs. No, they don't creep me out at all. :P

Last edited Dec 29, 2011 at 04:40PM EST

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

Hay guys?
Does this sound silly to you or what?
Get a load of this confession.

To whichever troll made that:

edit: aw, the image disappeared. Now my joke doesn't make sense. I have a sad.

Last edited Dec 29, 2011 at 04:52PM EST

Riyku wrote:

I found another video made by Shimmlight

Almost made cry to

There were two things that made that video: Firstly, the song was goddamned beautiful. I don't care that it was written for a freakin' Dead Island trailer, I'd say it's a work of art in its own right. Secondly, the ending. I'm not gonna ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but it seriously hits you hard. It took a lot of effort for me to keep it together there.

Guess I'll add one of the sad vids I know about. It's not quite as good as the two that have already been posted, but it's still pretty sweet.

Last edited Dec 29, 2011 at 04:49PM EST

opspe wrote:

To whichever troll made that:

edit: aw, the image disappeared. Now my joke doesn't make sense. I have a sad.

Been there, done that:

For some of us, downloading from torrents or watching on youtube (both are piracy anyway) is the only way to watch the show.
-
Its not available in most places. I dunno in Steve's situation (i.e where he is) but some of us wish we could buy the episodes but simply cant.
-
Id buy it in an instant if I could. But you know, wrong country and everything.
-
edit: stop downvoting people over something so simple. Like I said, buy it if you can. But what happens if you can't? Being so pro-piracy or anti-piracy is bad. Don't go extreme in any situation or belief. Can't watch it on Hubworld if you don't have US IP address, can't buy it on iTunes.
-
We simply got NO other choice. Well, in my case I could bring an DirectTV satellite to Canada but then that is illigal. Whatever happens is illegal.

Last edited Dec 29, 2011 at 06:40PM EST

Erin ◕ω◕ wrote:

Must divert flamewar with another thing to flame over.

Blasphemy! Blasphemy I tell you!!!

(P.S. Don't be mean Cite; just love and tolerate the pirating out of him.)

Must
not
say anything
about
picture

omgitsmr wrote:

For some of us, downloading from torrents or watching on youtube (both are piracy anyway) is the only way to watch the show.
-
Its not available in most places. I dunno in Steve's situation (i.e where he is) but some of us wish we could buy the episodes but simply cant.
-
Id buy it in an instant if I could. But you know, wrong country and everything.
-
edit: stop downvoting people over something so simple. Like I said, buy it if you can. But what happens if you can't? Being so pro-piracy or anti-piracy is bad. Don't go extreme in any situation or belief. Can't watch it on Hubworld if you don't have US IP address, can't buy it on iTunes.
-
We simply got NO other choice. Well, in my case I could bring an DirectTV satellite to Canada but then that is illigal. Whatever happens is illegal.

Hahaha, guess what? Steve's American.
He has no excuse.

Cite wrote:

Uh, so according to this article, we've learned two things:
It's a group of trolls from /co/ and/or /v/ (asshats) that are taking down YouTube episodes, not Hasbro
and apparently, some assholes (probably the same guys) have doxxed Sethisto. Which means they have his phone number, address, and the identities of some family members.
I reccomend giving that whole article a read.
All I have to say is, why? Why the fuck would you waste so much energy just hating something? Dear Lord, this fandom pisses me off sometimes, but I still don't understand how anyone, nonbrony or not, could do something like this.
If these guys devoted half this effort to instead finding a cure to cancer and an infinite, nonpollutant energy source, the world would be a much better place.
But no. They need to waste it on pastel colored ponies.
The Internet seriously makes me sick sometimes, I swear.

You've been on the internet long enough to know that is pretty much how it always goes.

Trolls typically have too much free time on their hands and harassing people really doesn't take that much effort at all.

For Trolls, harassing other people and their hobbies IS their hobby and digging up material on people just to piss them off harder is all part of the challenge

The same can also be said of haters; the trolls who do what they do, not to get some cheap thrills but because they genuinely hate. For those types, its all about fighting a battle. They have dedicated themselves to their own personal war even if their targeted enemy wants no part in it. For them, the hatred is the hobby. They enjoy believing they are fighting and resisting against something, it gives them a goal, a mission.

Why use hatred as a hobby and pursue conflict as you pass-time? We'll chances are these people don't have a job, any higher education, any money or any hope for the future. In such a situation….yea its pretty easy to make mountains out of molehills.

Fear not. They have less power than you may think. As long as you never let them destroy your spirit all actions they take will be in vein.

Steve the scout said:

HAI GUISE I ARE DOWNLOADING EPISODE LOLOLOLOL

I take it you missed our previous discussion on downloading episodes. If you read that you would have realized that we are actually not that supportive of episode downloading at all.

Ric pointed out:

Hay guys?
Does this sound silly to you or what?
Get a load of this confession.

The trolls are not even trying anymore.

Last edited Dec 29, 2011 at 07:14PM EST

Since this thread is total image dump mode I guess I'll show off some art.

Remember this shitty drawing?

Well I have decided to replace it with a slightly less shitty drawing:

I believe IamBob wanted to see this, he said something in the synctube channel about using it. Hey Bob when you get around to finding this can you remind me what that was?

Sorry for causing a shitstorm, but it IS the only way for me to get MLP episodes. I, too, would buy it in an instant, but no matter what I do to try and get an iTunes account, or any other method, it requires a credit card which I do not have, and my parents aren't willing to pay for it either. Once I DO have a credit card, though, I will gladly delete all the episodes and download them from iTunes. I never meant any harm to Hasbro by downloading those episodes, I just couldn't get them the regular, totally legal way. I'm not using any clips for money or uploading to YouTube, I am simply downloading them so I can view them without internet access (which frequently happens at both my parents' houses).

Let me be very clear, as soon as I can, I WILL pay for the episodes. All of them. I just can't do it right now.

Steve the Scout wrote:

Sorry for causing a shitstorm, but it IS the only way for me to get MLP episodes. I, too, would buy it in an instant, but no matter what I do to try and get an iTunes account, or any other method, it requires a credit card which I do not have, and my parents aren't willing to pay for it either. Once I DO have a credit card, though, I will gladly delete all the episodes and download them from iTunes. I never meant any harm to Hasbro by downloading those episodes, I just couldn't get them the regular, totally legal way. I'm not using any clips for money or uploading to YouTube, I am simply downloading them so I can view them without internet access (which frequently happens at both my parents' houses).

Let me be very clear, as soon as I can, I WILL pay for the episodes. All of them. I just can't do it right now.

Welcome to the world (Id say welcome to my world but this issue pretty much covers everyone who isnt in the united states – too large scale for "to my world")
-
I wish it was available to purchase in more countries. I honestly do.
-
As for your situation, you could do something else: US paypal account tied to US bank account. Pay for em using cash basically. US Paypal <--→ US bank account. Deposit like $50 USD into bank, transfer to Paypal (about 5-6 days). Click to buy via iTunes and pay via Paypal.
-
I can't do the method described above cause Im in Canada (but Im gonna fix that soon)
-
Edit:

Larger Version
Start buying ur episodes if you are in US without CC

Last edited Dec 29, 2011 at 07:51PM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Nah still a colt, just not extremely masculine. I can fix that though, will only take a few minutes

By input method what precisely do you mean?

Fixed it for you.

Oh thats real mature Random. :)
-
You know both cases cause its a penis and therefore mature picture and "real mature" cause its childish, get it?….. ill… uh… let myself out.

omgitsmr wrote:

Welcome to the world (Id say welcome to my world but this issue pretty much covers everyone who isnt in the united states – too large scale for "to my world")
-
I wish it was available to purchase in more countries. I honestly do.
-
As for your situation, you could do something else: US paypal account tied to US bank account. Pay for em using cash basically. US Paypal <--→ US bank account. Deposit like $50 USD into bank, transfer to Paypal (about 5-6 days). Click to buy via iTunes and pay via Paypal.
-
I can't do the method described above cause Im in Canada (but Im gonna fix that soon)
-
Edit:

Larger Version
Start buying ur episodes if you are in US without CC

Who will drive me to the bank to deposit said money? My parents? My mom's too busy on Facebook, and my dad's too busy doing actual work. A bank trip for me is once every 2-3 years. But that WOULD work. Again, I would do this if I could, but I can't. I've looked at every possibility, and it looks like I'll just have to Torrent until I can legally pay. But trust me, I will pay. Every cent. It's worth it. You can hold me to it, if you want.

Last edited Dec 29, 2011 at 08:03PM EST

opspe said:

Precisely, I mean by what tactile method do you input the data that forms your images?

Just my mouse. But I really wish I had a trackpen. Since I sketch my drawings on paper first I could just trace it with a trackpen and be done with it.

Instead I have to use my camera to photograph the sketch then trace the photograph on my computer with my mouse.

It helps having a good quality gaming mouse for the job though. I use a logitech G5 which lets me drop the DPI to 400. At low DPI you have much more control over mouse movements

Randomman said:

Fixed it for you.

Ha ha ha funny ha funny ha funny funny ha ha…

…miscreant

Ivan said:

Hey that's really neat Ivan.

At least you got the pony masculinity covered better, seems to be the skull shape that actually does it and that's the part I think I missed.

To make it look more "authentic" note that the fur color is bright BSOD blue (#0000FF)and the hair is shaggy and messy (as mine is in real life)

Last edited Dec 29, 2011 at 08:40PM EST

@Ivan

Me gusta.

For the mane, you can get away with with that spiked style, all you would need to do is comb it forward

Your drawing looks much more natural to the MLP style than mine. Did you use Dr. Hooves as a template by any chance?

Last edited Dec 29, 2011 at 09:12PM EST

BSOD wrote:

Just my mouse. But I really wish I had a trackpen. Since I sketch my drawings on paper first I could just trace it with a trackpen and be done with it.
Instead I have to use my camera to photograph the sketch then trace the photograph on my computer with my mouse.
It helps having a good quality gaming mouse for the job though. I use a logitech G5 which lets me drop the DPI to 400. At low DPI you have much more control over mouse movements

Yeah, I bet it would. That's what I've been thinking would work best for me too, except I have a trackpad on my laptop that I can use, even if it is minuscule. I did one sketch a while ago, but I left it in Vancouver so I can't do anything with it now.

@Ivan: nice work bro.

@Random: even nicer work. although he seems to have "shrunk" a bit lol

@Ivan

Me gusta.

For the mane, you can get away with with that spiked style, all you would need to do is comb it forward

Your drawing looks much more natural to the MLP style than mine. Did you use Dr. Hooves as a template by any chance?

Yeah I used him as the template. I know its an easy way out but its much faster. I did draw from scratch not just recoloring him but yeah. I got 2 projects I gotta finish quick so im doing everything I can to save time. (im posting here whenever I take a break from drawing – 2 projects before Jan 1st)

Last edited Dec 29, 2011 at 09:47PM EST

RANDOMMAN!

You deleted your post but don't think I didn't see that!

You're grounded! GO TO YOUR ROOM!

Meh.

Once is funny, but then it gets boring quickly.

But oh hell, people seem to like. So here you still go:

@opspe
It gets chilly at BSOD. But I might as well have gotten the scale wrong the first time.

Last edited Dec 29, 2011 at 10:12PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!