Forums / Discussion / General

232,813 total conversations in 7,783 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
KYM Host AMA: Kristina

Last posted Dec 25, 2011 at 10:16PM EST. Added Dec 20, 2011 at 01:54PM EST
47 posts from 18 users

Hello! I am Kristina, and I'm one of the hosts for Know Your Meme. I'm the one who's usually making fun of Forest. :D

This is an AMA post for me! If you want to get to know me, or whatever.

Here's a picture of me dressed as Pinkie Pie dressed as a chicken on Halloween.

Last edited Dec 20, 2011 at 01:55PM EST

What was your favorite episode to work on?

Do you have a favorite meme?

If you could guest host with anyone, who would you pick and for what episode?

What are you going to have for lunch today?

DAT COSTUME.

So, what's your experience with the internet before coming to Know Your Meme?

Props on the new episodes, by the way. The Skyrim Catchphrases one was especially funny, especially with the hat at the end.

madcat wrote:

Why have you not had an account before now?

I do a lot of stuff online (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, DeviantArt, Tumblr, etc.) , and keep myself way too busy -- so until now I've been a lurker. But the KYM staff wanted me to give people a chance to get to know me, so here I am!

amanda b. wrote:

What was your favorite episode to work on?

Do you have a favorite meme?

If you could guest host with anyone, who would you pick and for what episode?

What are you going to have for lunch today?

1. I'm a big MLP:FiM fan, so getting to help with the Pony episode was awesome. But let's be real. I got to spray silly string in Forest's face in Pepper Spray Cop.

2. Oh goodness. Picking a favorite meme is hard. My friends and I once listened to Nyan cat for something like 4 hours straight. Plus, the combination of poptarts, cats and outer space pretty much sums up a huge chunk of my personality. xD

3. Like.. ANYONE? Can I pick Neil Patrick Harris? For the "Kristina gets to make out with Neil Patrick Harris" episode? That's not a meme? What do you mean?

4. Leftover chinese food.

Fridge wrote:

DAT COSTUME.

So, what's your experience with the internet before coming to Know Your Meme?

Props on the new episodes, by the way. The Skyrim Catchphrases one was especially funny, especially with the hat at the end.

:D Glad you like the costume.

Before coming yo Know Your Meme, I was (and am) a YouTuber by the name of "italktosnakes". I was also in the nerd rock band ALL CAPS (we wrote songs about zombies and robots and TV shows and released all our videos exclusively on YouTube).

if you're familiar at all with the phenomenon called "nerdfighters", I'm one of those.

How did you get involved in hosting for Know Your Meme?

What is the most important thing for you when hosting episodes, for example, making the video funny, or trying to convey as much information as possible?

Favorite music artist and album?

Chris wrote:

How did you get involved in hosting for Know Your Meme?

What is the most important thing for you when hosting episodes, for example, making the video funny, or trying to convey as much information as possible?

Favorite music artist and album?

1. Forest and I were friends before Know Your Meme, and I am also good friends with the camera guy. They brought me on to play a background scientist, but then they just kept asking me back!

2. I think it's about striking a balance. An episode with all jokes wouldn't be informative, and an episode with no jokes wouldn't be interesting. If you can find that perfect blend of fun and informative, then that's the best way to go.

3. Oh man. Hard questions. I'm a huge fan of Eisley and Sondre Lerche, but I can never choose albums. Maybe Muse, actually. Maybe Black Holes and Revelations.

Do you know Molly?

What is your favorite viral video?

Which KYM episode was your fav to work on so far? EDIT: Whoops missed that Amanda already asked this!

Last edited Dec 20, 2011 at 02:49PM EST

Kristina Horner wrote:

1. I'm a big MLP:FiM fan, so getting to help with the Pony episode was awesome. But let's be real. I got to spray silly string in Forest's face in Pepper Spray Cop.

2. Oh goodness. Picking a favorite meme is hard. My friends and I once listened to Nyan cat for something like 4 hours straight. Plus, the combination of poptarts, cats and outer space pretty much sums up a huge chunk of my personality. xD

3. Like.. ANYONE? Can I pick Neil Patrick Harris? For the "Kristina gets to make out with Neil Patrick Harris" episode? That's not a meme? What do you mean?

4. Leftover chinese food.

re: #3, that's going to be the best episode, I heard it's also the amandab gets to make out with Jason Schwartzman episode!!!!

Aristocatification aka Lolishiiit wrote:

Describe a normal day in your life.

Wake up.
Reply to email.
Work on video scripts.
Eventually convince myself to shower.
Film vlog(s).
Reply to more email.
Realize I'm starving and it's already 3 and I haven't eaten anything.
Eat a bowl of cereal.
Reply to more email.
Phone meetings.
Run errands.
Do whatever that evening's activity is, be it filming a KYM episode, meeting with the other producers of my web series, meeting with friends.
Come home, put on footy pajamas.
Watch a few episodes of whatever show I am currently marathoning (right now: Parks and Rec)
Play some WoW.
Reply to more email.
Go to sleep.

Don wrote:

Do you know Molly?

What is your favorite viral video?

Which KYM episode was your fav to work on so far? EDIT: Whoops missed that Amanda already asked this!

1. I DO know Molly! We're old YouTube buddies, as well as working together on a YouTube channel I am part of called "Answerly" for MyDamnChannel. :)

2. I'm a big fan of this: http://lookatmyhorsemyhorseisamazing.com/

3. See above!

Alex>_> wrote:

Wow, you skipped me. Is it because of this?

Oh whoops! I missed that one, total accident. Sorry!

Did YOU make that photo? Haha.

OMG! Really? I think you are awesome! So what’s it like being the only active female in the KYM episodes? And also is Forest as cool of a guy as he portrays himself?

I'm not sure how to answer the "being the only girl" question. I have a lot of male friends so I am kind of used to hanging out with a bunch of dudes. They're all good friends of mine, so it's just fun. :) I hope I represent the female demographic well.. in my.. I dunno, girliness?

And I kind of love the idea that you said Forest "portrays himself as cool". I know you're probably hoping I'll divulge that he's this big huge dork in real life. …he's pretty dorky. A big old lovable dork.

(right now: Parks and Rec)

That is the best show. There is Literally not one thing wrong with it.

Pretty cool to have another brony/pegasister/whatever-female-bronies-call-themselves on staff. Tell me, who is best pony? I'm partial to Twilight Sparkle myself.

Fridge wrote:

(right now: Parks and Rec)

That is the best show. There is Literally not one thing wrong with it.

Pretty cool to have another brony/pegasister/whatever-female-bronies-call-themselves on staff. Tell me, who is best pony? I'm partial to Twilight Sparkle myself.

I am lovin' Parks and Rec. I Literally just started season 3 last night, so thankfully, I Literally was able to laugh at your reference. ;)

And yes! I am here for you, as a fellow pegasister! I like that name, I am sticking with it.
And like it or not, Pinkie Pie is best pony. Did someone say PARTY!?

Last edited Dec 20, 2011 at 03:03PM EST

Kristina Horner wrote:

I am lovin' Parks and Rec. I Literally just started season 3 last night, so thankfully, I Literally was able to laugh at your reference. ;)

And yes! I am here for you, as a fellow pegasister! I like that name, I am sticking with it.
And like it or not, Pinkie Pie is best pony. Did someone say PARTY!?

You seem like someone I can talk with.

So wassup?

Philip J. Fry wrote:

Did you know Jamie, Yatta, Ellie, etc before they left? Did they give you and Forest any tips on making episodes?

I have actually never met or spoken to Jamie, Yatta or Ellie. I'm sort of the newest member of the current KYM team, so I'm not sure what insightful wisdom was passed on to the rest of the current team. :)

Do you know why they waited so long to give you any sort of formal introduction, and then they seem to have essentially made you do it yourself? How do you feel about that?

pug on toast wrote:

How many other Hosts will there be?
And, can you give us a hint on what the next episode will be about?

As of right now, none. Just Forest and I!

And.. I would tell you what the next episode will be about.. but that would mean typing even more and I just got my nails done. (wink)

Brucker wrote:

Do you know why they waited so long to give you any sort of formal introduction, and then they seem to have essentially made you do it yourself? How do you feel about that?

I don't know, nor does it really bother me.

I started as an "extra" in the first episode here in Seattle (with a few other people who only did that one first episode) …but then I kept coming back and became more of a regular. At a certain point they probably just realized I was here to stay and needed an introduction.

Derpy Vaz wrote:

I have seen this on ponychan and other forums. How does it feel to be part of the MLP meme?

Hahha I've actually never seen that .gif!

I love MLP:FiM, and one of my good friends is sort of the guy who helps host meetups and conventions for the fandom.. so it's awesome to contribute in my own way. :)

Tomberry wrote:

What would be your reaction if a lot of KristinaXForest slash fanfictions are made?

Are you implying that Kristina is a trap?

Slash fiction is a genre of fan fiction that focuses on the depiction of romantic or sexual relationships between fictional characters of the same sex.

Brucker wrote:

Are you implying that Kristina is a trap?

Slash fiction is a genre of fan fiction that focuses on the depiction of romantic or sexual relationships between fictional characters of the same sex.

The internet can't see anything straight.

Greetings! You must login or signup first!