Forums / Discussion / General

232,890 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Disabled School set Visual Novel Katawa Shoujo finally released.

Last posted Aug 24, 2012 at 01:30AM EDT. Added Jan 04, 2012 at 01:22AM EST
300 posts from 46 users

After 5 years, the visual novel/dating sim Katawa Shoujo has finally been released.

As described on the website: "Katawa Shoujo is a visual novel set in the fictional Yamaku High School for disabled children, located in modern Japan. Hisao Nakai, a normal boy living a normal life, has his life turned upside down when a congenital heart defect forces him to move to a new school after a long hospitalization. Despite his difficulties, Hisao is able to find friends -- and perhaps love, if he plays his cards right. There are five main paths corresponding to the 5 main female characters, each path following the storyline pertaining to that character."

The games origins come from a page of sketches from a japanese doujin, which featured several designs and ideas for a dating sim set in a disabled school. Interest grew in the 4chan anime board, and slowly but surely plans were made to make the game. Don't be put off by the whole 4chan things btw. You would be amazed how….tasteful and uninsulting this game is to the disabled. There are no horrific insulting jokes…at all. It's kind of weird.

So, er, yeah. Free game. I've been waiting for the final release for like 3 years now, so it's nice to see it released. (Rin is best character) Demo was pretty good, so I'm looking forward to playing it. That is all.

Cale wrote:

Is there a hard mode… where they have like… two disabilities…?

That sounds terrible out loud.

>> An Armless, Legless, and Voiceless Loli.
>>Implying its harder that way.

Last edited Jan 04, 2012 at 11:30AM EST

As I was reading into it more I learned you have some genital heart disease, and are prone to dying if you get a boner, which makes this game even better.

Last edited Jan 04, 2012 at 02:06PM EST

Do not download this content if you are not 18 years old or over.

I knew. It's impossible to have a visual novel without a sex scene.

Last edited Jan 04, 2012 at 02:21PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

As I was reading into it more I learned you have some genital heart disease, and are prone to dying if you get a boner, which makes this game even better.

Lies.

Anako wrote:

Do not download this content if you are not 18 years old or over.

I knew. It's impossible to have a visual novel without a sex scene.

You can turn off the adult scenes, according to the options menu.

Cite wrote:

You can turn off the adult scenes, according to the options menu.

Oh, I know that and I have no problem with the adult scenes, it's just that I didn't expect adult scenes in a visual novel about disabled kids…

Last edited Jan 04, 2012 at 03:10PM EST

Anako wrote:

Oh, I know that and I have no problem with the adult scenes, it's just that I didn't expect adult scenes in a visual novel about disabled kids…

>visual novel
>no adult scenes

I'm laughing so freaking hard right now.

edit* not about the people being disabled I'm laughing at these comments.

Last edited Jan 04, 2012 at 03:25PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

That's hilarious if that's true.

Oh god, I want this game to get it's direct downloads out so I can play it.

Dang it, I was hoping there would at least be a chubby chick or something…
Just give her heart disease.

Oh god what am I even talking about
This is horrible

EDIT: Or a glandular problem, since your character already has a heart disease…

Last edited Jan 04, 2012 at 03:55PM EST

I absolutely hate anime and even more so for anime games, but this looks interesting. I'm going to play it… I just hope I dont become a damn weeaboo.

From what I gathered and making a observation…
There are scenes…of cripples having sex with each other…

Am I the only one here who sees this kind of fucked up?

Last edited Jan 04, 2012 at 07:44PM EST

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

Thats racist.

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

so crippled people can't have sex? that's messed up bro.

I don't know, i find that this game plot is, cute, in a weird way. I could play it, but i've never knew how to use torrents (yeah, i'm a noob).
EDIT: I discovered how :P

Last edited Jan 05, 2012 at 12:55AM EST

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

Dang it, I was hoping there would at least be a chubby chick or something…
Just give her heart disease.

Oh god what am I even talking about
This is horrible

EDIT: Or a glandular problem, since your character already has a heart disease…

I dunno man, this guy?

If you have a fat fetish he might be your man.

Alrigth now. I'm gonna be honest with ya guise. I played the game, got into hanako storyline, got the good ending and cried like little bitch watching the beggining of Up or Mufasa's death scene.

There, neg, insult, or laugh at me if you want, i regret nothing.

Last edited Jan 06, 2012 at 04:13AM EST

GriM ReapeR wrote:

Alrigth now. I'm gonna be honest with ya guise. I played the game, got into hanako storyline, got the good ending and cried like little bitch watching the beggining of Up or Mufasa's death scene.

Just played through Rin's route. That story seems to exist just to fuck with the player's head, because I ended up with a good ending despite all the depressing shit that happened.

Ok. I'm gonna be straight with. I'm beggining to question my masculinity. I played it again, but this time i've got Lilly's good ending. this time, my reaction was worse than when i got Hanako's. I should stop playing this game for a while.

But i can't. I really liked this "game".

Last edited Jan 06, 2012 at 10:29PM EST

GriM ReapeR wrote:

Hyperborea Odyssea Hackeron wrote:
Just played through Rin’s route. That story seems to exist just to fuck with the player’s head, because I ended up with a good ending despite all the depressing shit that happened.

Shit!
My first playthrough and all I got was drunk and an "untimely demise". Spending my last night on Earth with Kenji seems a perverse outcome for a dating game. :'(

On my second attempt on the Lilly path and at least I'm through to act two this time.

Great game though. I'm really glad this has turned out so well for 4LS.

Last edited Jan 07, 2012 at 09:00AM EST

Howdy! You must login or signup first!