Forums / Discussion / General

232,892 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Disabled School set Visual Novel Katawa Shoujo finally released.

Last posted Aug 24, 2012 at 01:30AM EDT. Added Jan 04, 2012 at 01:22AM EST
300 posts from 46 users

Aristocatification aka Lolishiiit wrote:

Have you ever thought about the following: If a girl with no arms or legs would ask you to be her girlfriend:
Would you really be ready to take over the responsibility for this person?
Would you really learn sign language for a girl you don't even really know?
Would you even take a "normal",non-disgusted look at a girl with a large scar?

Most likely, you wouldn't!
It's nice that the game brings someone too look under the surface and to trust his feelings more than his eyes, but it's unfortunately very far from the reality…

Burn scars are so Kawaii..

ConstantiNe wrote:

Autism isn't correct. Yamaku does not accept students with mental disabilities.

I never said he was correct, I just said he may be close; besides although what you said is true, (although he ended with Angelman syndrome not Autism) There is no physical deformation on her found by players or mentioned by staff thus far, however as he states during the video, the staff mentioned her problem being easily noticed or obvious and while not many are going to notice Angelman syndrome, the same can be said with any physical problem. What is easily noticed though is her yellow eyes (no other character has such odd eye color), her stuttering on big words, her inability to form large sentences and of course her constant hand movement. So while mental disabilities are stated to be unaccepted, what else is going to explain all those oddities?

tl;dr, her disability is being a lesbian my argument was pulled out of my tired ass.

quick question, it may be that I haven't played enough but was Katawa Shoujo and actual show before? I saw a gif of mishi or whatever laughing and it was so animated and looked like it was from the game.

Patrick wrote:

@Gamzee
After you beat the first act, there are fully animated cutscenes about the girl you ended up with.

oh, that makes a lot more sense :P

Teh Brawler wrote:

So, I just completed Lilly's story-line, and I am almost in tears.

Almost in tears? Man, you must be very manly. Most people (including me) who played her route cried like bitches.

GriM ReapeR wrote:

Almost in tears? Man, you must be very manly. Most people (including me) who played her route cried like bitches.

I broke down about ten minutes after posting that. It doesn't help that her personality is exactly what I want in a girl.

Last edited Jan 13, 2012 at 12:11AM EST

Teh Brawler wrote:

I broke down about ten minutes after posting that. It doesn't help that her personality is exactly what I want in a girl.

Sweatie Killer wrote:

Every girl in Katawa is underaged you pervs.

The guy is also so it doesn't even matter.

Besides, I'm fairly sure they all have their 18th birthday before he sexes them up anyway.

Finally!

Edit: Hahaha! That sex-scene was so awkward…

Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse.

Finally!

Edit: Hahaha! That sex-scene was so awkward…

You had to refuse:(. A well, at least you got to see her sex scene.

Ok… Confession time… (inhales deeply)

(Small warning… This is a series of ramblings. I decided the best way to unload how I feel is to type everything as I think it… It's a surprisingly effective way of getting this off my chest, but I doubt it'll be too easy to follow.)

I beat Shizune's route, both the good and bad, and never even thought of crying. Going through Hanako's story, I felt like the water-works were gonna start a few times, but I kept telling myself it was just a story, and managed to not crack a tear.

Then there was Rin.

I'm not sure what it was; perhaps her trademark hebetudinous reactions, her nonsensical ramblings, or maybe it was simply how cute she was… Maybe it was all of the above. It doesn't matter- whatever it was, it made Rin's story incredibly touching (and as such, very tear-inducing).

I mean jeeeez… I was literally under the impression that I had somehow botched something somewhere earlier in the story, and I was suffering for it through a bad ending that lasted for an entire act… After a while, I slowly began to realize that this was just how the story was- lachrymose, and bent on making me love this armless artist…

At one point, I was crying after every other scene. Crying because I was sad for what she was putting herself through, angry at my own inability to understand her, furious at my constant confusion as to how she felt, what she was thinking… She became less and less of a girl, and more and more of a puzzle… A puzzle that, the longer you work to solve, the more depressed you become… A puzzle that occasionally gives off the impression of completion, only for you to find that you're nowhere near finishing it. But, the worst part is that you can't just STOP trying to complete this puzzle… No matter how hard you try, you keep finding yourself drawn to it.

I started to feel like a masochist… No matter how much emotional pain I experienced, I just kept playing. I had to. I had to see this story to the end… I had to end this story on a happy note…

I did. I finally did.

And now that I have, I'm not going to play through it again to get the bad ending… I can't even begin to think of how spirit-crushingly sad that would be… How disturbingly depressed I would become…

It was just… Seeing Rin cry… Made me hurt… Deeply, physically, mentally hurt…

Despite what I've said (or, maybe because of what I said), I really do recommend the story to everyone. I might just be making a big deal out of it, but you have no idea how strange it is for me cry over a story… The only time that I ever cried over any story (that I can think of) was in Castaway, watching Wilson float out to sea, and the only thing he could do was shout as he bobbed slowly further and further out of sight until there was only sea (which is a disturbingly close description of how I felt towards Rin… Floating out beyond my reach; my words the only thing reaching her)…

I wasn't really sure how I felt about this game before her path. It didn't speak to me… I thought it was a series of (very good) stories, with some (lovable) characters that you got to get to know, unraveling them, getting to understand them, their pasts… But there wasn't anything that really stuck out to me…

Then there was Rin.

There… I actually feel a little less drained, now…

I think I'll do Emi's route next. I think (actually, I hope) it'll be much happier…

Patrick wrote:

Ok… Confession time… (inhales deeply)

(Small warning… This is a series of ramblings. I decided the best way to unload how I feel is to type everything as I think it… It's a surprisingly effective way of getting this off my chest, but I doubt it'll be too easy to follow.)

I beat Shizune's route, both the good and bad, and never even thought of crying. Going through Hanako's story, I felt like the water-works were gonna start a few times, but I kept telling myself it was just a story, and managed to not crack a tear.

Then there was Rin.

I'm not sure what it was; perhaps her trademark hebetudinous reactions, her nonsensical ramblings, or maybe it was simply how cute she was… Maybe it was all of the above. It doesn't matter- whatever it was, it made Rin's story incredibly touching (and as such, very tear-inducing).

I mean jeeeez… I was literally under the impression that I had somehow botched something somewhere earlier in the story, and I was suffering for it through a bad ending that lasted for an entire act… After a while, I slowly began to realize that this was just how the story was- lachrymose, and bent on making me love this armless artist…

At one point, I was crying after every other scene. Crying because I was sad for what she was putting herself through, angry at my own inability to understand her, furious at my constant confusion as to how she felt, what she was thinking… She became less and less of a girl, and more and more of a puzzle… A puzzle that, the longer you work to solve, the more depressed you become… A puzzle that occasionally gives off the impression of completion, only for you to find that you're nowhere near finishing it. But, the worst part is that you can't just STOP trying to complete this puzzle… No matter how hard you try, you keep finding yourself drawn to it.

I started to feel like a masochist… No matter how much emotional pain I experienced, I just kept playing. I had to. I had to see this story to the end… I had to end this story on a happy note…

I did. I finally did.

And now that I have, I'm not going to play through it again to get the bad ending… I can't even begin to think of how spirit-crushingly sad that would be… How disturbingly depressed I would become…

It was just… Seeing Rin cry… Made me hurt… Deeply, physically, mentally hurt…

Despite what I've said (or, maybe because of what I said), I really do recommend the story to everyone. I might just be making a big deal out of it, but you have no idea how strange it is for me cry over a story… The only time that I ever cried over any story (that I can think of) was in Castaway, watching Wilson float out to sea, and the only thing he could do was shout as he bobbed slowly further and further out of sight until there was only sea (which is a disturbingly close description of how I felt towards Rin… Floating out beyond my reach; my words the only thing reaching her)…

I wasn't really sure how I felt about this game before her path. It didn't speak to me… I thought it was a series of (very good) stories, with some (lovable) characters that you got to get to know, unraveling them, getting to understand them, their pasts… But there wasn't anything that really stuck out to me…

Then there was Rin.

There… I actually feel a little less drained, now…

I think I'll do Emi's route next. I think (actually, I hope) it'll be much happier…

Rin's story was incredibly touching to me, as well, and I'll admit that I shed a couple tears after playing it, but it was rather hard for me to follow the train of thought at times. I definitely agree with everything you said, but there were points I had to go back and reread the text to try to understand what was being said. I got the gist of it, though.

As of yet, none of the stories have moved me like Lilly's.

Also, I cannot take Emi seriously anymore after playing through her story. Not because it was silly, but because I GOT LITERALLY COERCED INTO PLAYING IT

Last edited Jan 14, 2012 at 09:56PM EST

Finally got around to this game. First time I played through I got Emi (Good Ending). This game is amazing. Its hardly a game really, more like a book, I guess thats why its called a visual novel eh? That being said… I will never mention or even hint at that I played this game to anyone I know.

So, I was watching the last episodes of "Avatar: The Last Airbender" with my roommates yesterday. I found it interesting that Toph seemed to grab my attention more so than before. I didn't think too much of it, but it kept happening. Then, I realized it. I realized what this game has done to me, what Lilly's plot has done to me.

I now find blindness to be cute.

I know how the majority of you guys feel about Family Guy, so I don't know if you saw last night's episode… I'm just gonna walk through it.

Ok, so new episode last night. It was a Brian episode, and, err… Well, it started off lightly poking fun at the Japanese, and their tastes in entertainment (namely, octopi and school girls…). Anyway, Peter goes to his workplace, and Opie, his mentally handicapped coworker had been fired, and was replaced by a deaf woman.

First woman with disabilities that he met was deaf.

Quagmire shows up, and says he, err, enjoys disabled women because they'll do things that normal chicks won't.

So, later on, they go to the bar, and it's disabled ladies night. It's mostly women with prostheses (wooden legs, though, not runner's legs like Emi). Brian almost immediately noticed a normal looking girl at the bar. He asked her out, and she agreed to date him.

She was an attractive blond.

An attractive, blind blond.

Throughout the episode, Brian's a bit of a douche- taking advantage of her being blind… Turns out that she hates dogs, so Brian ends up lying about being one. The plan works until she gets him to meet her parents (who are capable of sight). Stewie concocts a new plan, where they wrap Brian's face in bandages… Then Stewie explained to the parents that Brian saved two kids from a burning building, getting disfiguring scars…

Burning building… Scars…

I'm just saying, here… It's quite a coincidence to me, but maybe I've been playing the game too much…

Patrick wrote:

I know how the majority of you guys feel about Family Guy, so I don't know if you saw last night's episode… I'm just gonna walk through it.

Ok, so new episode last night. It was a Brian episode, and, err… Well, it started off lightly poking fun at the Japanese, and their tastes in entertainment (namely, octopi and school girls…). Anyway, Peter goes to his workplace, and Opie, his mentally handicapped coworker had been fired, and was replaced by a deaf woman.

First woman with disabilities that he met was deaf.

Quagmire shows up, and says he, err, enjoys disabled women because they'll do things that normal chicks won't.

So, later on, they go to the bar, and it's disabled ladies night. It's mostly women with prostheses (wooden legs, though, not runner's legs like Emi). Brian almost immediately noticed a normal looking girl at the bar. He asked her out, and she agreed to date him.

She was an attractive blond.

An attractive, blind blond.

Throughout the episode, Brian's a bit of a douche- taking advantage of her being blind… Turns out that she hates dogs, so Brian ends up lying about being one. The plan works until she gets him to meet her parents (who are capable of sight). Stewie concocts a new plan, where they wrap Brian's face in bandages… Then Stewie explained to the parents that Brian saved two kids from a burning building, getting disfiguring scars…

Burning building… Scars…

I'm just saying, here… It's quite a coincidence to me, but maybe I've been playing the game too much…

That game is everywhere…

404 user not found wrote:

this whole thread seems to consist of

and

Pretty much, I just like dissing or burning cripples personally.

Ok I got a question, why does this motherfucker…

stand naked with you in the bathroom acting like it ain't a problem…and then ASK YOU FOR MONEY FOR PIZZA WHICH YOU CANT EAT. da fuq

Gamzee wrote:

Ok I got a question, why does this motherfucker…

stand naked with you in the bathroom acting like it ain't a problem…and then ASK YOU FOR MONEY FOR PIZZA WHICH YOU CANT EAT. da fuq

In Japan, we have this thing where we bond through nudity. Nothing sexual, you're just naked. If you're uncomfortable, then you're probably just too self-conscious. We men need to be comfortable around each other… Otherwise we may be divided and separated by the feminists.

Oh, and I'd give you a slice if you wouldn't hang out with the enemy all the time. Yeah, I know all about it- doing the dirty with feminists…

my favorite part was when █████ and █████ were ██████ ████ █████ ██ ███████ but then ████ ██ █ ██████ and then ████ █ ███ ███ ██ █ ██████. That was a really good part.

Namaste! You must login or signup first!