Forums / Discussion / General

174,125 total conversations in 5,721 threads

+ New Thread


KYM Tokusatsu General

Last posted Feb 20, 2012 at 01:28PM EST. Added Jan 09, 2012 at 07:28AM EST
64 posts from 11 users

I’m surprised no one made this yet. Just like other generals, you talk about anything Tokusatsu which includes but isn’t limited to:

Godzilla

Kamen Rider

Super Sentai

Ultraman

But it’s not just Japanese as we also have:

Power Rangers

Mystic Knights

Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills… yeah don’t ask…

Armor Hero

Inframan

Metal Kaizer

And many more!

To start off the thread I’ll just leave this pic that’s from a deleted scene from Gokaiger episode 45:

Since we’re not talking about fried pork cutlets, are y’all familiar with the band PEELANDER-Z? They like to dress up kindof like these superheros, and sing about things like tacos and guys named Mike:

Last edited Jan 10, 2012 at 12:25PM EST

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin wrote:

If there’s action and special effects, it Toku! Which makes me wonder if El Chapulin Colorado is a comedic toku of sorts…

AH! That show! I remember it when I was a kid! I feel so…

Such a nostalgia tsunami!

Tomberry wrote:

No mention of X-or?

I’m dissapoint.

OOH! Gavan’s Dol!

@Rinsan and Tomberry
Since we’re talkin’ crossovers and Space Sheriffs, this seems quite related: Gokaiger vs Gavan



and for a little extra bizarre… MALE PINKS:

Leonard Arch wrote:

OOH! Gavan’s Dol!

@Rinsan and Tomberry
Since we’re talkin’ crossovers and Space Sheriffs, this seems quite related: Gokaiger vs Gavan



and for a little extra bizarre… MALE PINKS:

HEADCANON: Captain Marvelous is the Rule 63 of KImberly! XD

Nah, kidding, but this is a big change of pace right here.

I’ve been lurking for a while and I just noticed this thread. I’ve got some insight that might be important. That Kaman Rider vs Super Sentai movie already started filming.

And the teaser trailer is out as well!

Concise wrote:

I’ve been lurking for a while and I just noticed this thread. I’ve got some insight that might be important. That Kaman Rider vs Super Sentai movie already started filming.

And the teaser trailer is out as well!

OH HOLY GOSH, IT’S HAPPENING ALREADY!? I can’t wait til april…

Also, it seems there will be a second season to Power Rangers Samurai:

Not sure what that’s about.

Pterodactyl wrote:

I just started watching OOO. It’s my first Tokusatsu (besides Power Rangers). I just love all the characters to much. They’re all great. Any recommendations for a newbie?

If you like OOO, you could continue on to Fourze. You could also go for other Toku series like Super Sentai, Ultraman, GARO, or for a classic taste, maybe some Godzilla. After the initial series are dealt with, go on with any Toku you want!

It looks like Gokaiger vs Gavan’s movie summary came out!

The movie sounds really awesome… but I’m not sure about this-

JEFusion wrote:

Once they break into the prison, they come across Jealoushito and some of the previous Super Sentai enemies. Having been in prison for awhile, they are a kind of horny and begin to lay flattery on Joe, Luka, Don, and Ahim.

I’m not sure what that’s about, so have some early Gobusters:

Concise wrote:

It looks like Gokaiger vs Gavan’s movie summary came out!

The movie sounds really awesome… but I’m not sure about this-

JEFusion wrote:

Once they break into the prison, they come across Jealoushito and some of the previous Super Sentai enemies. Having been in prison for awhile, they are a kind of horny and begin to lay flattery on Joe, Luka, Don, and Ahim.

I’m not sure what that’s about, so have some early Gobusters:

Ah, non-suited fights FTW!

And as for Leo, I’ll go with…

Team Ishinomori!

I ALWAYS pick a third option!

Last edited Jan 23, 2012 at 04:28PM EST

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin wrote:

Ah, non-suited fights FTW!

And as for Leo, I’ll go with…

Team Ishinomori!

I ALWAYS pick a third option!

Ah, so you wanna play like that, huh!? Have at it!

VS

Who’d win? Ultraman or Jet Jaguar!?

Leonard Arch wrote:

Ah, so you wanna play like that, huh!? Have at it!

VS

Who’d win? Ultraman or Jet Jaguar!?

Ultraman of course. Remember, Jet Jaguar is only a robot. Giant robot fighting giant alien sound funny though. You should have gone with Giant Robo himself since he’s somewhat sentient.

SUPER HERO WARS SCANS!!!

Tsukasa leads the Daishocker once more as Marvelous leads the Daizangyack!

Shots of Riders and Rangers going at it!

There are also new scans of the GoBusters, who say “It’s Morphin’ Time,” plus have and fight “Megazords.”

WUT









And to cap it off, here’s a new Teaser for the 3DS crossover RPG, Lost Heroes:

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!