Forums / Discussion / General

232,886 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Twinkie makers are now bankrupt.

Last posted Jan 13, 2012 at 01:22PM EST. Added Jan 12, 2012 at 02:36PM EST
26 posts from 14 users

Suiseiseki     wrote:

Truly this is a sign that the 2012 prophecy is right and that the world shall come to an end this year.

It will be like that episode of family guy were they survive on Twinkies, but there won't be any Twinkies to survive on..

GriM ReapeR wrote:

I see that you are a fan of the BBC.But seriously, screw Twinkies, they never arrived to my country.

Well, I usually read Aljarzeera, but they never talk about important things like this.

I feel bad for you, Twinkies are gods gift to humanity.

GriM ReapeR wrote:

I see that you are a fan of the BBC.But seriously, screw Twinkies, they never arrived to my country.

I don't think Argentina has a very big Twinkie market.

You live in Argentina, right?

Fridge wrote:

Guise, we have to save the twinkies. Without their delicious sponginess and creme filling, life would have no purpose. #SaveTheTwinkies

Cleaned that up for you.

Ingredients
Non-stick spray
4 egg whites
One 16-ounce box golden pound cake mix
2/3 cup water
Filling
2 teaspoons very hot water
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups marshmallow creme (one 7-ounce jar)
1/2 cup shortening
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation
You will need a spice bottle, approximately the size of a Twinkie, ten 12 × 14 -inch pieces of aluminum foil, a cake decorator or pastry bag, and a chopstick.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Fold each piece of aluminum foil in half twice. Wrap the folded foil around the spice bottle to create a mold. Leave the top of the mold open for pouring in the batter. Make 10 of these molds and arrange them on a cookie sheet or in a shallow pan. Grease the inside of each mold with a light coating of non-stick spray.
Disregard the directions on the box of cake mix. Instead, beat the egg whites until stiff. In a separate bowl combine cake mix with water and beat until thoroughly blended (about 2 minutes). Fold egg whites into the cake batter and slowly combine until completely mixed.
Pour the batter into the molds, filling each one about 3/4 of an inch. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.
For the filling, combine salt with the hot water in a small bowl and stir until salt is dissolved. Let this mixture cool.
Combine the marshmallow creme, shortening, powdered sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl and mix well with an electric mixer on high speed until fluffy.
Add the salt solution to the filling mixture and combine.
When the cakes are done and cooled, use a skewer or chopstick to make three holes in the bottom of each one. Move the stick around inside of each cake to create space for the filling.
Using a cake decorator or pastry bag, inject each cake with filling through all three holes.

Unfortunately, this recipe doesn't include all the chemical preservatives that gives Twinkies that special something :C

Olivia Gulin wrote:

Ingredients
Non-stick spray
4 egg whites
One 16-ounce box golden pound cake mix
2/3 cup water
Filling
2 teaspoons very hot water
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups marshmallow creme (one 7-ounce jar)
1/2 cup shortening
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation
You will need a spice bottle, approximately the size of a Twinkie, ten 12 × 14 -inch pieces of aluminum foil, a cake decorator or pastry bag, and a chopstick.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Fold each piece of aluminum foil in half twice. Wrap the folded foil around the spice bottle to create a mold. Leave the top of the mold open for pouring in the batter. Make 10 of these molds and arrange them on a cookie sheet or in a shallow pan. Grease the inside of each mold with a light coating of non-stick spray.
Disregard the directions on the box of cake mix. Instead, beat the egg whites until stiff. In a separate bowl combine cake mix with water and beat until thoroughly blended (about 2 minutes). Fold egg whites into the cake batter and slowly combine until completely mixed.
Pour the batter into the molds, filling each one about 3/4 of an inch. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.
For the filling, combine salt with the hot water in a small bowl and stir until salt is dissolved. Let this mixture cool.
Combine the marshmallow creme, shortening, powdered sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl and mix well with an electric mixer on high speed until fluffy.
Add the salt solution to the filling mixture and combine.
When the cakes are done and cooled, use a skewer or chopstick to make three holes in the bottom of each one. Move the stick around inside of each cake to create space for the filling.
Using a cake decorator or pastry bag, inject each cake with filling through all three holes.

Unfortunately, this recipe doesn't include all the chemical preservatives that gives Twinkies that special something :C

That preservative is why I'm gonna go bury a few boxes of Twinkies in some dirt, and return 80 years later to sell them on Ebay for millions.

Last edited Jan 12, 2012 at 10:33PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

That preservative is why I'm gonna go bury a few boxes of Twinkies in some dirt, and return 80 years later to sell them on Ebay for millions.

That would be a money-making idea, but too many people will do the same thing for you to get any profit.

Piano wrote:

I don't think Argentina has a very big Twinkie market.

You live in Argentina, right?

Very close. I'm chilean and i've lived in chile for all my life.

Last edited Jan 12, 2012 at 11:05PM EST

Sorry to be a killjoy, but the whole idea that Twinkies last forever is a myth. They actually have about a month of shelf-life.

@RussianFedora: Congratulations.

[photo:233122]

Nikolaki8 wrote:

Since I'm Australian, what do these, "Twinkies" taste like? Heaven by the looks of it.

It's basic yellow spongecake, really, with a bit of cream in the center. In my opinion, not nearly as good as Raspberry Zingers, which used to be made by the Dolly Madison company until they went bankrupt and Hostess bought them out.

Coincidentally, "Red Raspberry Zingers" is the name of a fictional breakfast cereal in Stephen King's book Cujo.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!