Forums / Discussion / General

232,817 total conversations in 7,783 threads

+ New Thread

Speaking French, is it bad?

Last posted Feb 11, 2012 at 06:12AM EST. Added Jan 13, 2012 at 09:19PM EST
34 posts from 23 users

Is kinda cheesy as a lenguage, and not very useful compared to other lenguages. But is fairly easy, and fun. Bon, c'est la vie, mon ami.

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

My god…I need to know the episode of where this came from…I forgot what it means…

it means omelette with cheese
and the episode is The Big Cheese

Last edited Jan 13, 2012 at 10:50PM EST
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

I honestly don't understand the point of learning french. Very few countries actually speak it world wide and those use other languages such as English or Spanish just as much as French. I predict that in 200 years French will be as commonly spoken as Latin. Which is to say not at all.

C'est pas si mal, sauf quand on parle comme ça :

En plus, 270 millions de personnes parlent français dans 37+ pays, et il a été un des plus importantes langues du monde.

In English: For those who don't think it's important, French is spoken by 270 million people in over 37 countries, and has histrorically been one of the most important languages in the world.

Last edited Jan 13, 2012 at 11:47PM EST

@burning_phoneix
NOT TRUE NOT TRUE! TAKE IT BACK NAOW!!

Anyway, this is bullshit. Actually, there is still a lot of people around the world using French either for political talks or for their everyday life. We can't account for the factual and actual number as it is difficult to track every French-speaking person down.

You know, only in America can you try to slander someone by stating they speak French. Why so? I don't really understand it all.

Lastly, as for the Japanese-mental trauma thing, get over it Japan. French people are nice, but can also become grumpy embittered assholes. It's our nature. We are still world's second concerning purchase of Japan-related products.

Last edited Jan 15, 2012 at 09:26AM EST

@Tomberry
Yeah i speak french.But i speak french like a Spanish Kid Whit a Tongue Disorder
It is a Very Beautiful language though its hard to speak
And thats why we have apps for that

Wait you think people in France can get Grumpy?
Hah.Wait till you see my Dad after i pulled a prank on him
He still doesn't speak to me

I know about the sterotypical saying that French hate Americans, but I think that everyone else in the world hates the U.S.A. This coming from the fact that we've become such a big and controling country that it's forcing other countries to learn English. As for the ones that already have it as their first language, well I think they'd still hate us because we always make ourselves the center of attention. But hey, that's just me.

I think the British common Wealth would be more responsible for the majority of countries that speak English more so then America.

Last edited Jan 15, 2012 at 05:37PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

I think the British common Wealth would be more responsible for the majority of countries that speak English more so then America.

It's one of those rare occurances in which Sweatie Killer has a point.
British colonization + Common Wealth countries are more relevant to the spread of English as a language than America alone.

Actually the Spanish are responsible for the spread of the English language but most (not all) languages derive from Germanic languages
Plato – Spanish = plate – English
Lampara – Spanish = lamp – English
Parasol in Spanish means stop sun

Last edited Jan 15, 2012 at 06:57PM EST

Derpy Vaz wrote:

Actually the Spanish are responsible for the spread of the English language but most (not all) languages derive from Germanic languages
Plato – Spanish = plate – English
Lampara – Spanish = lamp – English
Parasol in Spanish means stop sun

A lot of the languages came from Latin too, it is the original language that started Spanish, English, and etc.

Last edited Jan 15, 2012 at 09:16PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!