Forums / Discussion / General

232,632 total conversations in 7,776 threads

+ New Thread

"The Last Airbender" Graphic Novel

Last posted Jan 23, 2012 at 08:00PM EST. Added Jan 15, 2012 at 11:09PM EST
16 posts from 12 users

I remember seeing manga based on the original series as early as fifth grade (yes, I am that young) at my elementary school book fair. It's nice to see the concept being revisited.

The Legend of Korra is something I'm not looking forward to.
They should have done a second series with the original characters about energy bending.

GUYS DID SOMEBODY SAY AVATAR BECAUSE I LOVE AVATAR

I've actually already pre-ordered this, even though it was leaked and I read the whole thing online. It's pretty good, if you can get past Aang and Katara calling each other "sweetie" and every other page. I can't wait to read Part 2, and I absolutely cannot wait for Legend of Korra.

And you all get karma for caring about Avatar.

Nikolaki8 wrote:

The Legend of Korra is something I'm not looking forward to.
They should have done a second series with the original characters about energy bending.

Oh wait, you're hating on Korra? No karma for you, sir.

Also, I'm pretty sure the avatar is the only one capable of doing energybending. Even though The Lion Turtle told Aang that the original benders bended the energy within themselves, it's an ancient form and they're the only two who currently know it. The possibility of anyone else knowing, let alone being capable of energybending would be very slim.

I have this preordered. I can't wait. I'm a huge fan of Avatar and an even bigger fan of Gene Yang, who is overseeing the art. He's one of my favorite people in the comic publishing world. His first two comics he has done, "American Born Chinese" and "Level Up", are incredible and worth checking out.

Doc wrote:

Oh wait, you're hating on Korra? No karma for you, sir.

Also, I'm pretty sure the avatar is the only one capable of doing energybending. Even though The Lion Turtle told Aang that the original benders bended the energy within themselves, it's an ancient form and they're the only two who currently know it. The possibility of anyone else knowing, let alone being capable of energybending would be very slim.

I guess I miss phrased what I said.
What I meant was the second series should have been about Aang, and just Aang, learn about energy bending. And maybe add in another type of bending so he'd have something to fight.

I guess it's just me. Whenever a show loses all it's original characters, it gets me really pissed.

Trick Lobo wrote:

I have this preordered. I can't wait. I'm a huge fan of Avatar and an even bigger fan of Gene Yang, who is overseeing the art. He's one of my favorite people in the comic publishing world. His first two comics he has done, "American Born Chinese" and "Level Up", are incredible and worth checking out.

Oh man, level up was awesome.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!