171,754 total conversations in 5,630 threads

+ New Thread

Megaupload taken down and its founder arrested by the FBI

Last posted Jan 20, 2012 at 01:50PM EST. Added Jan 19, 2012 at 05:32PM EST
29 posts from 24 users

>Using Megaupload
>Not using the all around superior Mediafire

Jan 19, 2012 at 05:38PM EST

Why not using both? Anyway, how long before MediaFire gets taken down as well?

Anonymous on a rampage.

Last edited Jan 19, 2012 at 05:53PM EST
Jan 19, 2012 at 05:49PM EST

I imagine the US Feds have to start somewhere. Megaupload is a name most people recognize, so they’d start with that one once they had reason enough to shut it down, because it would show entertainment media companies that the US government is serious about copyright infringement or something.

Also, inb4 SOPA/PIPA is stupid. According to the article, this had nothing to do with either version of the bill. While I don’t believe that claim personally, I’d have to imagine currently illegal stuff was going down anyway. Megaupload had it coming along with the tons of other sites.

So yeah. The current (and potential) laws and legal writing may be stupid or useless. But they are law (or at least a biased interpretation of it.)

Since film companies and others have begun to lobby for harsher enforcement, this was bound to happen. It was only a matter of time, regardless of what goes on with SOPA/PIPA.

@Tomberry

I’m guessing that if the FBI wanted MegaUpload, then they’ll probably take out other sites as soon as they have a decent enough case against them. If they took out MegaUpload, I don’t think there’s much else stopping them from getting other sites.

The laws about copyright infringement are already in place. There’s little doubt that most of the sites are in violation millions of times over. So the FBI just needs to prove it, have a statement planned, and pull the trigger for each one.

Jan 19, 2012 at 05:59PM EST

I feel a great disturbance in the net… as if millions of links suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly broken.

Last edited Jan 19, 2012 at 06:01PM EST
Jan 19, 2012 at 06:00PM EST

He was just arrested and put in custody, they still need to prove the founder guilty, and even if they do, another CEO, or whom ever replaces him, will replaces him. Corporations are like a snake with two tails.

Last edited Jan 19, 2012 at 06:33PM EST
Jan 19, 2012 at 06:33PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

He was just arrested and put in custody, they still need to prove the founder guilty, and even if they do, another CEO, or whom ever replaces him, will replaces him. Corporations are like a snake with two tails.

Can snakes have two tails?

Jan 19, 2012 at 06:35PM EST

Oh noes……..Now people that have been violating current copyright laws will be charged.

Save us, Anonymous. Save us, from laws the have been around for at least a decade.

#sarcasm

Jan 19, 2012 at 06:36PM EST

Wow, this was conveniently timed…

Now let’s see how much damage Anonymous can do before all goes to hell.

Jan 19, 2012 at 08:17PM EST

If shit’s gonna hit the fan, I hope Anonymous throws a fucking bomb into the fan. shit will fly everywhere.
GO ANONYMOUS!!! try not get arrested this time!

Jan 19, 2012 at 08:36PM EST

This is my war face v

I wanna kill those bastards.

Last edited Jan 19, 2012 at 08:53PM EST
Jan 19, 2012 at 08:53PM EST

ManWithGoodTaste wrote:

This is my war face v

I wanna kill those bastards.

This is my war face.

JK it’s this.

Last edited Jan 19, 2012 at 09:09PM EST
Jan 19, 2012 at 09:06PM EST

Really, I don’t see what this is about. Megavideo doesn’t even allow for filesharing. I’ve seen hundreds of videos that don’t work because they’ve violated copyright there, it’s just like youtube except less people bother to flag videos.
This is my war face;

Jan 19, 2012 at 09:10PM EST

This is my war face.

It’s also my happy face, sad face, excited face and nervous face.

Jan 19, 2012 at 09:34PM EST

This is my war face.

Last edited Jan 19, 2012 at 09:35PM EST
Jan 19, 2012 at 09:35PM EST

I had a post here, but it disappeared. Or maybe it didn’t go through. Perhapst blue ribbon it was deleted. Anyway it doesn’t matter…I was just looking for Megaupload today, for non-piracy reasons. This explains itch. What a load of SHAT.

See more on Know Your Meme

Last edited Jan 19, 2012 at 10:33PM EST
Jan 19, 2012 at 10:30PM EST

Eh, I prefer Bitorrent… I mean you should be ashamed! People go through so much to make you pay way to much for something!

Jan 19, 2012 at 10:32PM EST

And just think, this is WITHOUT SOPA and PIPA

That being said, what a bunch of assholes. As it was mentioned, there are tons apon tons of other file hosting sites.

Jan 19, 2012 at 10:52PM EST

You know, I’ve got to say it since I’ve been fairly vocal about not liking SOPA/PIPA: If this guy has broken the law (or been an accomplice to law-breaking), then arresting him is the right thing to do. Shutting down sites that clearly exist for the express purpose of copyright violation actually makes legal sense. (Of course, I still love seeing Anonymous fuck with people, legal or not.)

Jan 19, 2012 at 10:59PM EST

MY WAR FACE

My friends, it has often been said that I like the internet. Friends, I like the internet. No, friends, I love the internet!

I love lolcats. I love rage comics. I love copypasta. I love pirates, torrents, I love ddos attacks, and raids.

Internets across image boards, in forums, in comments, in games, in documents, through dial up, on the nets, in the tubes, I love every internet post that can occur upon this web.

I love trolling the kids to tears with pics that thunder across the front pages of reddit.

My heart leaps with joy whenever an entry is tossed high into the air and cut to pieces by well placed troll comments.

And there is nothing like a moderator using a ban hammer to destroy bad trolls. And the feeling that comes when a noob runs screaming from his blazing thread only to be mowed down by heavy troll comments, is such an exquisite feeling.

Like when ranks of users brandish their forum ammo rushing into the troll thread. It moves me deep within my heart to watch a new user trolling over and over into the abandoned replies of a long-dead thread.

The sight of dickwads being banned from a general forum is an irresistible pleasure. And there is nothing more arousing, than the sounds made by trolls dropping like flies, screaming in agony as they’re banned by ever efficent moderators!
When a band of pitiful furries makes their final stands with nothing but self-drawn pronz, only to have their thread smashed to bytes post by post by 4.8 ton banhammers, I’m in ecstasy.

I love it when my threads are locked by a vigilant admin. It’s so sad to see posts and images that were supposed to be good, being bumped to oblivion, their posters and commenters being kicked, and banned.

I love to be partyvanned by the members of the British and American governments. The humiliation, as my anons crawl around like newfags, ducking the sage flying overhead.

Gentlemen… All I ask for is the internet, an internet so grand as to make 4Chan itself tremble. Gentlemen, I ask you as fellow anons, what is it you really want? Do you wish for further internet as I do? Do you wish for a merciless, troll infested internet? An internet whose fury is built with gore, and boobs, and anime? Do you ask for the internet to sweep in like a tempest, leaving not even SOPA to censor, on this interwebs!?"

Very well. Then internet is what you shall have. We are a clenched anus, ready to strike down all who violate us, with our might. But.. After enduring over half a century wallowing in the 404, for us, a simple “ordinary” internet will no longer be sufficient. We need a MASSIVE interent! An internet beyond any other that man’s history has ever known!

We are but a single organization.. The forever alone, censored userbase numbering less than a thousand strong. However, I believe that each of you oldfags is worth a thousand of their candyass newfags! We represent a force that could easily defeat an army of a million and one mods! It is time for them to awake the ones who sent our threads screaming into post page 15, and who now lie AFK. Let’s troll them out of here by the anus, and remind them of what we are! We will remind them of what it feels like to live in lulz. We will remind them of the anger our comments make in their threads. We will remind them, that there are more things between Wikipedia and 4Chan than are dreamt of in their forums.

Our Kampfgruppe of one thousand anons will burn these websitest down to ash. Yes, my friends! Soon, SOPA’s charred remains will illuminate the night sky! I have brought you all back just as I promised I would. Back to our favorite series of tubes. Back to our beloved internet!

At last, the cheeto has crossed the database and is being confirmed! Attention gentlefags of KnowYourMeme, this is a message from your Dick tater:

Faggots…let’s bring them 4Chan."

Last edited Jan 19, 2012 at 11:16PM EST
Jan 19, 2012 at 11:12PM EST

If they take down mediafire, I’m gonna be really, really depressed.

Jan 20, 2012 at 07:11AM EST

Suiseiseki     wrote:

MY WAR FACE

My friends, it has often been said that I like the internet. Friends, I like the internet. No, friends, I love the internet!

I love lolcats. I love rage comics. I love copypasta. I love pirates, torrents, I love ddos attacks, and raids.

Internets across image boards, in forums, in comments, in games, in documents, through dial up, on the nets, in the tubes, I love every internet post that can occur upon this web.

I love trolling the kids to tears with pics that thunder across the front pages of reddit.

My heart leaps with joy whenever an entry is tossed high into the air and cut to pieces by well placed troll comments.

And there is nothing like a moderator using a ban hammer to destroy bad trolls. And the feeling that comes when a noob runs screaming from his blazing thread only to be mowed down by heavy troll comments, is such an exquisite feeling.

Like when ranks of users brandish their forum ammo rushing into the troll thread. It moves me deep within my heart to watch a new user trolling over and over into the abandoned replies of a long-dead thread.

The sight of dickwads being banned from a general forum is an irresistible pleasure. And there is nothing more arousing, than the sounds made by trolls dropping like flies, screaming in agony as they’re banned by ever efficent moderators!
When a band of pitiful furries makes their final stands with nothing but self-drawn pronz, only to have their thread smashed to bytes post by post by 4.8 ton banhammers, I’m in ecstasy.

I love it when my threads are locked by a vigilant admin. It’s so sad to see posts and images that were supposed to be good, being bumped to oblivion, their posters and commenters being kicked, and banned.

I love to be partyvanned by the members of the British and American governments. The humiliation, as my anons crawl around like newfags, ducking the sage flying overhead.

Gentlemen… All I ask for is the internet, an internet so grand as to make 4Chan itself tremble. Gentlemen, I ask you as fellow anons, what is it you really want? Do you wish for further internet as I do? Do you wish for a merciless, troll infested internet? An internet whose fury is built with gore, and boobs, and anime? Do you ask for the internet to sweep in like a tempest, leaving not even SOPA to censor, on this interwebs!?"

Very well. Then internet is what you shall have. We are a clenched anus, ready to strike down all who violate us, with our might. But.. After enduring over half a century wallowing in the 404, for us, a simple “ordinary” internet will no longer be sufficient. We need a MASSIVE interent! An internet beyond any other that man’s history has ever known!

We are but a single organization.. The forever alone, censored userbase numbering less than a thousand strong. However, I believe that each of you oldfags is worth a thousand of their candyass newfags! We represent a force that could easily defeat an army of a million and one mods! It is time for them to awake the ones who sent our threads screaming into post page 15, and who now lie AFK. Let’s troll them out of here by the anus, and remind them of what we are! We will remind them of what it feels like to live in lulz. We will remind them of the anger our comments make in their threads. We will remind them, that there are more things between Wikipedia and 4Chan than are dreamt of in their forums.

Our Kampfgruppe of one thousand anons will burn these websitest down to ash. Yes, my friends! Soon, SOPA’s charred remains will illuminate the night sky! I have brought you all back just as I promised I would. Back to our favorite series of tubes. Back to our beloved internet!

At last, the cheeto has crossed the database and is being confirmed! Attention gentlefags of KnowYourMeme, this is a message from your Dick tater:

Faggots…let’s bring them 4Chan."

To arms.

Jan 20, 2012 at 07:49AM EST

These posts are really good and definitely beneficial. Great stuff from this part of the internet. This is the best weblog for anyone who wants to know about this subject.
voyance en directe

Jan 20, 2012 at 08:09AM EST

Cyruis wrote:

These posts are really good and definitely beneficial. Great stuff from this part of the internet. This is the best weblog for anyone who wants to know about this subject.
voyance en directe

Who the fuck are you.

Jan 20, 2012 at 10:44AM EST

Brucker wrote:

You know, I’ve got to say it since I’ve been fairly vocal about not liking SOPA/PIPA: If this guy has broken the law (or been an accomplice to law-breaking), then arresting him is the right thing to do. Shutting down sites that clearly exist for the express purpose of copyright violation actually makes legal sense. (Of course, I still love seeing Anonymous fuck with people, legal or not.)

Except that isn’t the purpose of the site. The purpose is to share files that are too big to email or need to go to a lot of people. The fact that some of those files happen to be pirated is inconsequential.

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:18AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!