Forums / Discussion / General

169,566 total conversations in 5,527 threads

+ New Thread

KYM World of Tanks General (redux)

Last posted Nov 23, 2012 at 06:35AM EST. Added Jan 25, 2012 at 05:49AM EST
466 posts from 16 users

Well the other one fizzled out a little but now I’m completely addicted to this game. Who doesn’t like rumbling steel beasts firing shells at each other in matches to the death?

What is World of Tanks?

World of Tanks is a team-based massively multiplayer online game dedicated to armored warfare in the mid-20th century. Starting from 1930s era tankettes to late 1950s designs and many experimental tanks and vehicles.

What tanks and nations are available?

Currently the tanks are divided in five classes:

Light Tanks: The Speedy scouts of the team, dedicated to harassing artillery and spotting enemies for the team.

Medium Tanks: The most flexible of classes, can support any of the other classes in their duties.

Heavy Tanks: The battle line tanks. They hold the line and go toe to toe with the enemy heavies.

Tank Destroyers: Dedicated ambushers and snipers with thin Armour but fearsome guns.

Self Propelled Guns: The Mobile artillery of the team. They are the main damage dealers but in close quarters combat will be destroyed easily.

In terms of TF2 classes think of it like this: Light Tanks: Scout, Mediums :Demoman, Heavy: Heavy, Tank Destroyers: Sniper, SPGs…..uhh…nothing really, also kind of sniper?

The Nations currently available:

Germany:Well armored tanks with the most accurate and highest penetration guns in the game. This is “Finesse” tanker’s nation.

USA: American Tanks are generally lighter and less armoured then their rivals but their guns have no glaring weakness. The “Jack of All Trades” tanker nation. (They do have the best artillery though)

USSR: Russian tanks are a mixture of heavy and light armour, their guns are inaccurate and have low penetration but in return, they have the best raw explosive power. The have the most powerful tank gun in the game, the BL-10, available for several late tanks. The “Brute Force” tanker nation.

France: France starts off with the slowest tanks in the game that have poor guns as well. They make up for it by having the toughest armour in the game. Halfway up the tech tree tough, things flip around. French armour becomes laughably thin but their tanks come with hard hitting VERY fast firing guns and their tanks are fast as shit. At first they’re the “turtle” tanker nation but then become the “Gunslinger” tank nation.

Proposed nations to be added in the future:
Britain
Japan
*Combined Europe Tree (Italy, Romania, Czechoslovakia…etc)

This video covers all the aspects of the game quite well:

Also, my current tank line-up is as follows (right click->view image to see bigger):

So fellow tankers, tell me great tales of crushing capitalism with 57mm Zis gun of doom.

Last edited Jan 25, 2012 at 05:50AM EST
Jan 25, 2012 at 05:49AM EST

Oh yes, i’ve been getting back to it lately. I hadn’t played a lot last month as i am watching Hokuto no Ken. But i’m coming back to it, enjoying the T-25, got my KV and the 107mm Gun, T-14, Getting over the Char B1, AMX40, also i’m Hetzing a little. Also, the tetrarch is pretty cool. Specially with the limiter remover. -GeneralMaus out!
Also had a nice little 5 frags with the B1 yesterday, i normally do REALLY bad with that slow peashooter.

Last edited Jan 25, 2012 at 12:57PM EST
Jan 25, 2012 at 12:55PM EST

I think they’re including Multigun support in the future so you can use that 75mm howitzer on the front of the B1 as well as the smaller gun on top of the M3 Lee.

Jan 25, 2012 at 06:10PM EST

Apologize for the double post but there is a new ingame sale with the following benefits:

50% off the credit cost of the following vehicles:

U.S.A.

M4A3E8 Sherman M4A3E2 T20 T29

Germany

StuG III JagdPz IV Jagdpanther

U.S.S.R.

KV KV-3 IS

France

AMX 12t AMX 13 75 AMX 13 90

Additional discounts:

50% off the gold cost to purchase Garage slots 50% off the credit cost to purchase Equipment

Be sure to take advantage of these discounts during the special. The above-mentioned items return to normal price on January 31, 2012!

Got my Easy 8 Sherman and an Enhanced Gun Laying Drive and Shell Rammer for my Hummel as well.

Also, details about the next patch (7.2) have bee revealed: here is the highlights:

In-game novice training;
Approx. 20 additional crew skills and qualifications;
T30 moved to alternate branch as a tier IX Tank Destroyer
T30 replaced by Т110E5
T34 moved to Premium Tanks
Т34 replaced by М103

FINALLY! They announced the M103 and T110E5 in April of last year! They just finally got around to it!

Jan 26, 2012 at 08:59PM EST

burning_phoneix wrote:

Apologize for the double post but there is a new ingame sale with the following benefits:

50% off the credit cost of the following vehicles:

U.S.A.

M4A3E8 Sherman M4A3E2 T20 T29

Germany

StuG III JagdPz IV Jagdpanther

U.S.S.R.

KV KV-3 IS

France

AMX 12t AMX 13 75 AMX 13 90

Additional discounts:

50% off the gold cost to purchase Garage slots 50% off the credit cost to purchase Equipment

Be sure to take advantage of these discounts during the special. The above-mentioned items return to normal price on January 31, 2012!

Got my Easy 8 Sherman and an Enhanced Gun Laying Drive and Shell Rammer for my Hummel as well.

Also, details about the next patch (7.2) have bee revealed: here is the highlights:

In-game novice training;
Approx. 20 additional crew skills and qualifications;
T30 moved to alternate branch as a tier IX Tank Destroyer
T30 replaced by Т110E5
T34 moved to Premium Tanks
Т34 replaced by М103

FINALLY! They announced the M103 and T110E5 in April of last year! They just finally got around to it!

Excellent. I just got my BDR G1B and AMX12T. Also a nice lil garage slot to fit in a american medium. Getting some nice exp with the Hetzer derp, My KV is fully upgraded just trying to get on the KV-3 as quick as possible due the sale XP

Jan 26, 2012 at 09:56PM EST

Keep your KV-1. They’re gonna split the KV into KV-1 and KV-2 and giving everyone who has a KV a free KV-2 as well as a garage slot!

Jan 27, 2012 at 02:19AM EST

Woops, too late i’m gonna sell my M3 to get it back then. (PS, KV-3 is fuuun) Also i believe the KV-2 is for those who researched the turret, and the KV is getting turned into a KV-1

Last edited Jan 27, 2012 at 10:41AM EST
Jan 27, 2012 at 10:31AM EST

burning_phoneix wrote:

Wait, Geese what’s your username in wot?

Mine’s still burning_phoneix

Still GeneralMaus here.
Btw i just got the KV Back, thanks heavens, might as well buy a KV-5 this month too if i get the money

Jan 29, 2012 at 04:31PM EST

KV is tier 5 right? What gun you got on it? I’m grinding the Tier 5 AMX12t so we can platoon with no problems.

Jan 29, 2012 at 07:36PM EST

I use the 107mm gun normally. Also got a AMX12t on there so yeah, it’d be nice to platoon everyonce in a while with you :D

Jan 29, 2012 at 08:29PM EST

404 user not found wrote:

can you get a king tiger?

Yes, the King Tiger is a Tier VIII heavy on the german heavy tank tree i believe. (There are 2 heavy trees)

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:21PM EST

404 user not found wrote:

can you get a king tiger?

Of course, here is the German tech tree. The King Tiger is in the bottom middle:

@Geese:

Yeah I got my AMX 13 75 but stock it’s not very good so I keep grinding :P

Jan 30, 2012 at 12:29AM EST

Grinding the BDR for the 90mm gun, also the KV-3 for the 100mm and 122 guns, premium is making levelling way easier.

Jan 31, 2012 at 01:28AM EST

I got the AMX 13 75 and finally got all upgrades with the exception of the Radio, it’s not very good at stock but fully leveled it’s very good if you can surprise enemies. Of course, your team mates will be screaming “SCOUT TANK MOVE IT AND LIGHT UP ENEMIES” but the AMX 13 isn’t really for scouting, it’s a brawling support tank.

Jan 31, 2012 at 04:54AM EST

burning_phoneix wrote:

I got the AMX 13 75 and finally got all upgrades with the exception of the Radio, it’s not very good at stock but fully leveled it’s very good if you can surprise enemies. Of course, your team mates will be screaming “SCOUT TANK MOVE IT AND LIGHT UP ENEMIES” but the AMX 13 isn’t really for scouting, it’s a brawling support tank.

Kind of how i feel about the 12t, but i prefer sticking around a bush with camo and sniping a bit, while spotting at the same time.

Feb 02, 2012 at 06:08PM EST

Kasumi Kenshiro wrote:

Kind of how i feel about the 12t, but i prefer sticking around a bush with camo and sniping a bit, while spotting at the same time.

Well, that’s not really how the AMX was designed to function…I mean if you’re spotted, you’re going down very quickly :(

BTW, I tried messaging you ingame and got no response? I THOUGHT WE WERE GONNA PLATOON TOGETHER!

;___________;

Feb 03, 2012 at 11:44PM EST

burning_phoneix wrote:

Well, that’s not really how the AMX was designed to function…I mean if you’re spotted, you’re going down very quickly :(

BTW, I tried messaging you ingame and got no response? I THOUGHT WE WERE GONNA PLATOON TOGETHER!

;___________;

Sorry bout that mate, i’ll platoon with ya pretty soon, but the thing is the message didnt get at me >,< i added you in-game however it wasn’t showing you were online T-T

Also, more KYM users should start playing, it’d be hella fun to see all of us around WoT, hehe.

Last edited Feb 04, 2012 at 01:28AM EST
Feb 04, 2012 at 01:26AM EST

BAWMP and also bought a nice little tanks for myself:
Churchill, KV-5, PZH735f, Pzkpfw B2. And of course some garage slots for the American heavy and german heavy tree i plan to follow

Feb 08, 2012 at 09:22PM EST

Why get a PZ35f or B2? I know they’re being phased out but was it really worth it?

Feb 09, 2012 at 12:44AM EST

burning_phoneix wrote:

Why get a PZ35f or B2? I know they’re being phased out but was it really worth it?

To be fair i want to collect most tanks in game, and they’re really fun to play with specially 35f which is quite a mini maus

Feb 09, 2012 at 01:13AM EST

I hate the 35f whenever I drop to the lower tiers, I think only a few tanks can actually penetrate it or damage it in any way.

Feb 09, 2012 at 09:54AM EST

They’re not that hard to kill as they got some weakspots, 37mm guns works better against them, and the MS-1 “mini derp” with 45mm is specially effective against it.

Feb 09, 2012 at 09:58AM EST

I have some friends who are like this:

World of Tanks sucks so fucking much, KVs and T-50s are overpowered, Type 59 spam everywhere, matchmaker sucks so much…

If you hate it so much, why are you still playing it? Why are you even purchasing premium tanks?

I DON’T KNOWWWWW!!

Wargaming.net are probably looking at this going:

Feb 10, 2012 at 01:30AM EST

God, this is SO true. It happens in every game out there. Specially in those generic shooters.

Feb 10, 2012 at 02:07PM EST

Don’t forget guy, you can get a free day of premium by entering the code FREEHUGS into your account.

It ends on February 21st so be ready!

Feb 15, 2012 at 11:02AM EST

….Can i use this tank?

COME AT ME BROS

Last edited Feb 15, 2012 at 01:18PM EST
Feb 15, 2012 at 01:18PM EST

burning_phoneix wrote:

Don’t forget guy, you can get a free day of premium by entering the code FREEHUGS into your account.

It ends on February 21st so be ready!

Speaking of which i bought myself a Valentine light tank

Feb 15, 2012 at 01:29PM EST

burning_phoneix wrote:

You have better:

When the physics patch come in, damn its going to be fucking awesome

Feb 15, 2012 at 06:32PM EST

burning_phoneix wrote:

You have better:

Haha il stick whit My Overload Tank
DOUBLE BARREL,DOUBLE CHAINGUN
Big as Fuck
COME AT ME PANZERS

Feb 15, 2012 at 06:34PM EST

Max Cobar™ wrote:

Haha il stick whit My Overload Tank
DOUBLE BARREL,DOUBLE CHAINGUN
Big as Fuck
COME AT ME PANZERS

Mate, we talking bout a Panzer VIII maus… by the size of that thing i could live inside one without a single issue. btw, i think i’m getting sliiiiightly compulsive with the premium tanks… Oh well, its my money anyway.

Feb 15, 2012 at 06:49PM EST

Kasumi Kenshiro wrote:

When the physics patch come in, damn its going to be fucking awesome

I wish I could find that video of the T-50 doing backflips, that was awesome!

Feb 15, 2012 at 08:26PM EST

burning_phoneix wrote:

I wish I could find that video of the T-50 doing backflips, that was awesome!

you mean that one here:

I know it aint no T-50, but here it is

Feb 15, 2012 at 08:44PM EST

What’s the system requirements for this game? My gaming PC is a bit broken, so I’m stuck with this crummy laptop.

Consider me interested.

Last edited Feb 18, 2012 at 04:14PM EST
Feb 18, 2012 at 04:14PM EST

Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7

System Requirements:

Minimum system requirements:

Processor (CPU): Intel from 2.2 GHz or equivalent AMD Family

RAM: minimum of 1.5 GB for Windows 2000/XP, 2 GB for Windows Vista / 7

Free hard disk space: At least 3.5 GB

Video Card: Shader Model 3.0 GeForce 6800GT with 256 MB of RAM / ATI X800 with 256 MB RAM, DirectX 9.0c

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible Internet connection speed: at least 128 Kbps.

Connection rate: 1024 Kbps or higher (for faster downloads)
http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Game_installation_and_system_requirements (More info here :3)

Hope you enjoy your stay

My current garage includes:
KV, KV-3, KV-5, T14, T-25, Panzer III/IV, Panzer IV, Pzkpfw 735f, Pzkpfw B2 740f, Valentine, MK VII Tetrarch, Churchill, AMX 13 75, Char B1 (Rebought that for no reason at all pokerface.jpg) and the BDR was sold because i COULDNT FUCKING STAND IT.

Last edited Feb 18, 2012 at 05:09PM EST
Feb 18, 2012 at 04:34PM EST

Muffins wrote:

What’s the system requirements for this game? My gaming PC is a bit broken, so I’m stuck with this crummy laptop.

Consider me interested.

Geese has posted the requirements but the game actually has no multi-core support so it runs sluggish even on the best computers. You’ll need to turn down a lot of the graphical settings.

They’re working on it though, the next update will increase rendering performances and generally streamline the engine.

GeeseHoward Wrote:

My current garage includes:
KV, KV-3, KV-5, T14, T-25, Panzer III/IV, Panzer IV, Pzkpfw 735f, Pzkpfw B2 740f, Valentine, MK VII Tetrarch, Churchill, AMX 13 75, Char B1 (Rebought that for no reason at all pokerface.jpg) and the BDR was sold because i COULDNT FUCKING STAND IT.

I heard the ARL 44 is where the french heavies get really good. Maybe you can stand it a little longer?

Currently my garage is:

Germany

VK3001 H (HATE)
Grille (Not bad.jpg)
Hummel (Pretty Good)
PzII (For low tier battles)
PzIII (I love this tank even before WoT)

USA

Easy 8 Sherman (Fully upgraded it’s pretty good)

France

AMX 13 75 (French line starts to get decent here)

USSR

Tetrach (Drive like zoom shoot like pew!)
T-127 (Heavy of the lower tiers)
T-34 (FASCISM AND CAPITALISM WILL FALL BEFORE MY 57MM ZIS)
T-34-85 (Still working toward that D10T…..)

Feb 18, 2012 at 06:34PM EST

Hmmm, true that, the ARL is where it gets at, but the starting turret (that giant square where you could live at) is pretty weak, so i might use free exp to reach it later on. (Gonna be a long grind, but i’ll get the BDR back so, yeah ill try and get to it)

Feb 18, 2012 at 06:50PM EST

Heya, i had the idea of starting a World of Tanks diary, on how the “tanker life” is and how the game goes on… what you guys think about it? (I would make videos, however my video card is HEATING TOO DAMN MUCH lately…) and sorry for double post, i cant edit my last one.

Last edited Feb 18, 2012 at 08:38PM EST
Feb 18, 2012 at 08:37PM EST

Kasumi Kenshiro wrote:

Heya, i had the idea of starting a World of Tanks diary, on how the “tanker life” is and how the game goes on… what you guys think about it? (I would make videos, however my video card is HEATING TOO DAMN MUCH lately…) and sorry for double post, i cant edit my last one.

Well, try it out and we’ll see how it goes!

Oh btw guys!

One day of 5xExperience for first victory because of Wargaming getting 200k fans on facebook!

It begins exactly 6 hours after this post is posted…(I think?)

Feb 21, 2012 at 06:34PM EST

OK I Decided to post here since I see a disturbing lack of interest in this game…. What the HELL people? this game is EPIC, I’ve had it for like 3 days and I’m at tier 5 medium and tier 4 TD (thanks in no small part to burning_phoneix’s guidance, you are my mentor and my Tank-Guru, we are not worthy… etc etc)

So I asked Phoneix before, but I’d like to hear everyone else’s opinion, and by everyone I mean just the other one left here.
GeeseHoward, where should I head after the PZkfw IV?

Feb 21, 2012 at 07:00PM EST

The tank had an interesting role in World War One. The tank was first used at the little known Battle of Flers. It was then used with less success at the Battle. The idea of the tank came from a development of farming vehicles that could cross difficult land with ease by using caterpillar tracks.

anatomy of the human body

Feb 21, 2012 at 11:44PM EST

Fuck you spam bot! You got my hopes up! >:[

X Singular wrote:

GeeseHoward, where should I head after the PZkfw IV?

Just a heads up Geese, my suggestions was PzIV->VK3601H->Tiger-> Tiger II

Yes I know the VK3001P and the Tiger P are better but they look ugly, and 90% of being in a tank is looking cool.

Feb 22, 2012 at 02:01AM EST

Well, i suggest heading both trees from Pzkpfw III/IV -> VK3601H -> Tiger -> Tiger II and Pzkpfw IV -> VK3001P -> Tiger P getting the best from both worlds haha, and yeah i’ll start my diary soon enough, had issues with my internet this week :’(

Last edited Feb 22, 2012 at 12:01PM EST
Feb 22, 2012 at 11:52AM EST

New crew skills unveiled!

http://worldoftanks.com/news/1045-72-preview-crew-skills/

I especially like Premonition, Do or Die, Jack of All Trades and Hunch

I have a vertical stabilizer on my Easy 8. If I had a driver with Cruise Master and a Gunner with Steady Hands…oh god!

Last edited Feb 23, 2012 at 04:36AM EST
Feb 23, 2012 at 04:35AM EST

burning_phoneix wrote:

New crew skills unveiled!

http://worldoftanks.com/news/1045-72-preview-crew-skills/

I especially like Premonition, Do or Die, Jack of All Trades and Hunch

I have a vertical stabilizer on my Easy 8. If I had a driver with Cruise Master and a Gunner with Steady Hands…oh god!

Jack of All Trades and Premonition sure seem awesome, cant wait for the next patch! (also the Russian heavy revision patch)

Meanwhile all of sudden my brother asks to play a little on my AMX 13 75 and racks up 7 kills o_o (WITHOUT SUPPORT) in a tier VIII match.
Needless to say i was really impressed, as the best i did on my 13 75 was 3-4 kills.

Anyway, i’m starting to work on my WoT tumblr, “Tanker Life” is a good name for it?

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:02PM EST

burning_phoneix you lucky bastard…
Congratulations on the 600 gold, I answered more questions than you did and got nothing…
I Jelly.

Feb 24, 2012 at 04:30AM EST

My friend Paingod556 got 800 gold.

The bastard didn’t tell me he was participating!

Feb 24, 2012 at 08:14AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!