Forums / Discussion / General

171,077 total conversations in 5,485 threads

+ New Thread

Asperger Syndrome General

Last posted Feb 26, 2012 at 11:09AM EST. Added Feb 16, 2012 at 01:20PM EST
80 posts from 27 users

I’ve always dream of being a machine, and like fucking off to mars or something to live in a hut. When everyone copies me, I’ll head to some planet out of the solar system.

Last edited Feb 17, 2012 at 09:54PM EST
Feb 17, 2012 at 09:54PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

I’ve always dream of being a machine, and like fucking off to mars or something to live in a hut. When everyone copies me, I’ll head to some planet out of the solar system.

I been wanting to have a machine or become one sense I was six or something…. D:

^Who made this btw?

Feb 17, 2012 at 10:03PM EST

Ric Tesla wrote:

I been wanting to have a machine or become one sense I was six or something…. D:

^Who made this btw?

Yeah, its always been the conjoined mind thing thats bugged me, like do I really want to know about everyone’s infinite masturbating?

I’m sure it would hella efficient, but without reason to be efficient it would be pointless.

Last edited Feb 17, 2012 at 10:11PM EST
Feb 17, 2012 at 10:10PM EST

Ric Tesla wrote:

^Who made this btw?

That’s pretty cool.

Feb 17, 2012 at 10:12PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

Yeah, its always been the conjoined mind thing thats bugged me, like do I really want to know about everyone’s infinite masturbating?

I’m sure it would hella efficient, but without reason to be efficient it would be pointless.

Then take away of all sexual organs of both genders and have us to reproduce by mitosis….

Feb 17, 2012 at 10:13PM EST

Ric Tesla wrote:

Then take away of all sexual organs of both genders and have us to reproduce by mitosis….

>Implying robots can’t have a sex life.

Feb 17, 2012 at 10:20PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

>Implying robots can’t have a sex life.

Well….I am unsure a robot arm giving a car a hand job counts, Sweatie…

Feb 17, 2012 at 10:28PM EST

Ric Tesla wrote:

Well….I am unsure a robot arm giving a car a hand job counts, Sweatie…

Besides derailing this thread into oblivion.

How people view robots.

How realist would view robots.

What robots currently look like, and this video was 2 years ago. Imagine 20 years into the future, what they would look like.

If anything its gonna be the sex industry that pushes robotics into greatness.

Last edited Feb 18, 2012 at 06:56AM EST
Feb 18, 2012 at 06:49AM EST

>Makes thread about Aspergers.
>Talks about robotic sex toys.
Wat.

Feb 18, 2012 at 11:39AM EST

Ric Tesla wrote:

>Makes thread about Aspergers.
>Talks about robotic sex toys.
Wat.

You’re right, we need a Robotic sex toys general now.

Feb 18, 2012 at 12:43PM EST

We’re only a few years away from functional robotic limb replacements. Give it a few decades and we could go full cyborg if we want to.

Sign me up, if I can get it for free by being the first one, I’m all for it.

TREMBLE BEFORE THE MIGHT OF ASPIE-TRON

Feb 18, 2012 at 01:12PM EST

What if Robotics could give you more emotion?

Feb 18, 2012 at 05:05PM EST

This just flushed through the massive torrent of “What people think I do” entries:
[photo:253822]
Very funny.

@Sweatie:
The robot was really impressive. I’m always surprised to see an artificial human, either robot or animation character, that’s managed to land on the far side of uncanny valley. When it’s not talking, it’s pretty convincing.

I recently went to Disneyland and rode on their new Little Mermaid ride, and found it to a three-minute trip right through the center of uncanny valley.

<shiver/>

Feb 19, 2012 at 03:06AM EST

I know for a fact I have ADD/ADHD, I have learned to be so perfectly people mistaken me for mannequin.

Feb 19, 2012 at 07:06AM EST

ConnerABacon wrote:

Holy crap, we’re the next step in human evolution!

HUZZAH!

It’s a conspiracy I believe I could add some scientific hypotheses to. Seriously, I’ve a theory planned out here.

Feb 19, 2012 at 05:44PM EST

My father has Asperger syndrome, so i was diagnosed with it when i was little. To be honest i never knew what was it until i became older. However, i know a lot of people who have Asperger’s, and they are cool people, and i respect them mostly cause, like i said, my fathers has it. But alot of guys at my school think that Asperger’s is the same thing as Autism, so they hate aspies.
They end hurt really bad however, mostly by me.

Feb 19, 2012 at 06:48PM EST

GriM ReapeR wrote:

My father has Asperger syndrome, so i was diagnosed with it when i was little. To be honest i never knew what was it until i became older. However, i know a lot of people who have Asperger’s, and they are cool people, and i respect them mostly cause, like i said, my fathers has it. But alot of guys at my school think that Asperger’s is the same thing as Autism, so they hate aspies.
They end hurt really bad however, mostly by me.

Aspergers is in the spectrum of autism. So they can confuse it for something else… :S

Last edited Feb 19, 2012 at 06:59PM EST
Feb 19, 2012 at 06:52PM EST

Ric Tesla wrote:

Aspergers is in the spectrum of autism. So they can confuse it for something else… :S

But it’s still no reason to hate them. All the Aspies i know are something totally different compared to this:

(And does “spectrum” means?)

Feb 19, 2012 at 07:06PM EST

Spectrum is like a scale of severity or differences. Asperger’s syndrome would be a 1, 2, or 3 on a scale of 1-10 on the autistic spectrum, and a person who is actually disabled from participating in society on their own would be an 8, 9, or a 10.

That’s a simple way of looking at it. Basically, severity of autism varies among people diagnosed with it. Like I said, some people I could suspect and others I couldn’t even tell.

Feb 19, 2012 at 08:06PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

I know for a fact I have ADD/ADHD, I have learned to be so perfectly people mistaken me for mannequin.

I know for a fact I have ADD/ADHD, I have learned to be so perfectly still people mistaken me for mannequin.

haha my bad.

Feb 19, 2012 at 09:48PM EST

量子 Meme wrote:

It’s a conspiracy I believe I could add some scientific hypotheses to. Seriously, I’ve a theory planned out here.

Well, if you think about it, Aspies are more “fit” for the modern world due to our logical thinking and mental ability. In a few more decades, Aspies could be even in population with non-Aspies, and could even outnumber them further into the future as long as some civilization collapse doesn’t happen.

This is purely theoretical thinking though. It may happen, it may not. It really is possible though…

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:18PM EST

Verbose wrote:

Spectrum is like a scale of severity or differences. Asperger’s syndrome would be a 1, 2, or 3 on a scale of 1-10 on the autistic spectrum, and a person who is actually disabled from participating in society on their own would be an 8, 9, or a 10.

That’s a simple way of looking at it. Basically, severity of autism varies among people diagnosed with it. Like I said, some people I could suspect and others I couldn’t even tell.

No no, a spectrum doesn’t have set values like that, does it? By ‘Autistic Spectrum’ it can be thought as a unexpected ‘value’ across a spectrum, as if high functioning autism wouldn’t exactly mean they are at the top, people are unique.

Feb 20, 2012 at 01:15PM EST

ConnerABacon wrote:

Well, if you think about it, Aspies are more “fit” for the modern world due to our logical thinking and mental ability. In a few more decades, Aspies could be even in population with non-Aspies, and could even outnumber them further into the future as long as some civilization collapse doesn’t happen.

This is purely theoretical thinking though. It may happen, it may not. It really is possible though…

Well, that’s assuming most Aspies are at the low end of the spectrum, where their obsessive tendencies fail to impede their thought process.
Also, mating potential is not really amplified by logical thinking. Lower levels of empathy among people with Aspergers probably decreases their chances of reproduction.
But this is irrelevant, because aspergers is not a solely genetically inheritable condition. There is strong evidence that environmental factors play a large role in whether or not a child will get Aspergers.

Feb 20, 2012 at 01:21PM EST

量子 Meme wrote:

>We are talking about world dominance

Ever sense my post; yes.
But I think Aspies will be the norm at a point in the future if we still advance in technology and not have a apocalyptic scenario.

Feb 20, 2012 at 06:10PM EST

MDFification wrote:

Well, that’s assuming most Aspies are at the low end of the spectrum, where their obsessive tendencies fail to impede their thought process.
Also, mating potential is not really amplified by logical thinking. Lower levels of empathy among people with Aspergers probably decreases their chances of reproduction.
But this is irrelevant, because aspergers is not a solely genetically inheritable condition. There is strong evidence that environmental factors play a large role in whether or not a child will get Aspergers.

By that, you imply that only environmental factors will show a person’s autism.

For me, that’s wrong.

Feb 23, 2012 at 03:07AM EST

MDFification wrote:

Aspies are the ones that can still function on their own. Autistic people are the people who usually can barely function on their, or can’t function at all.

Feb 23, 2012 at 03:28PM EST

I don’t believe I’ve ever mentioned this before, but I actually have Asperger’s Syndrome. I’ve noticed that what it takes away from social interaction, it adds to creativity. For instance, whenever I make something up, I like to think of a creative name for it, and I often enjoy using rarely-used words when I post on websites like this.

Overall, AS certainly has its ups and downs.

Edit: Wait, someone mentioned world domination, eh?

…so what are we gonna do tomorrow night, Brain?

Last edited Feb 26, 2012 at 02:25AM EST
Feb 26, 2012 at 02:21AM EST

William Schnell wrote:

I don’t believe I’ve ever mentioned this before, but I actually have Asperger’s Syndrome. I’ve noticed that what it takes away from social interaction, it adds to creativity. For instance, whenever I make something up, I like to think of a creative name for it, and I often enjoy using rarely-used words when I post on websites like this.

Overall, AS certainly has its ups and downs.

Edit: Wait, someone mentioned world domination, eh?

…so what are we gonna do tomorrow night, Brain?

That is what I was trying to say on the first page! Despite our social awkwardness we have something to make up for it to with creativity; like art, mathmatics, reading, engineering, science, and so on.

Feb 26, 2012 at 11:09AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!