Forums / Discussion / General

168,577 total conversations in 5,399 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users

Oh, so we’re talking about fanfics now? The only sad story I’ve ever read was MLD. No regrets. Manly tears were shed for days after I read it. I mainly read Grimdark-Horror like The Slender Mane, I know a lot of people don’t like grimdark stories because when they hear that word they immediately think of Cupcakes. But there are some pretty good Grimdark/Dark/Horror stories like Harmony, Fallout Equestria, Silent Ponyville, and a lot more. But I’ll give these other sad fics a read if I have time. Also, Connor, congratulations for getting your fanfic on EQD!

EDIT: Page get for Luna!

Last edited May 10, 2012 at 03:37PM EDT
May 10, 2012 at 03:18PM EDT
Quote


Now this art really makes changing look much more Zerg like! (But in pony form).

Last edited May 10, 2012 at 03:36PM EDT
May 10, 2012 at 03:35PM EDT
Quote

Muffins wrote:

What the hell did I just watch?

It is stuck in my head now. Why.

Last edited May 10, 2012 at 04:52PM EDT
May 10, 2012 at 04:51PM EDT
Quote

Wimbleflat wrote:

Here’s some gifs of examples of nice animation in the show:
Applejack elbowing Rarity
Rainbow Dash reluctantly tries out a hooficure
Rarity telekinetically removes leaves from Applejack’s mane

More of these please. Here’s a hint of why I actually fell into the pony fandom:

I’m an animation buff. I first thought that Flash was the death of 2D animation. MLP and Wakfu have made me see the light.

or rainbow…as it were.

I mean, I don’t recall many shows putting so much movement and subtle details into the character animations. Truly an exceptional effort by Studio B.

May 10, 2012 at 04:55PM EDT
Quote

I’m back, and I brought a fleet. And no, Lunar Dawn is not finished. But this time, I’m here to rain destruction:


…but not on you guys or Equestria, no sirs (and madams), on whomever made THIS:

warning! View at your own discretion! Pyro, your jimmies may be rustled as well!

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/302022-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic

and that .gif in the comments…
I’m ready to burn a world again…
(sighs)
usually this stuff doesn’t rustle my jimmies TOO much, but this is just ridiculous. Crossed a line with me…
I know we’ve been over this before, but I’m sorry, they can’t leave ONE character alone? I mean really, this image gallery and searches have been pretty clean (though not all the way) about Chrysallis. But lately, all this implied R34, SMN, and other sexual BS is getting on my nerves.
/rant

…and the last pic on my last post was a reaction to Chrysallis, not me admiring it (though it is quite useful as a reaction pic)

oh and Joe, this will fit well in your RariSpike Stories (best sung by Spike):


Last edited May 10, 2012 at 05:10PM EDT
May 10, 2012 at 04:56PM EDT
Quote

The topic is now shipping:

May 10, 2012 at 05:41PM EDT
Quote


Thanks for the congratulations.
Now I can start work on the sequel and all the other stories to want to write.

May 10, 2012 at 06:01PM EDT
Quote

@Popperfett

You can’t let R34 or shipping get to you. If you get annoyed every time you see a pic like that, you’re gonna have a hard time surviving in this fandom. It’s just what we do, along with every other fandom in existence. No matter how much you fight it, your favourite character(s) will be shipped. If anything, fighting against it only encourages it. Anyway, more often than not images like that are just made for the lulz, so it isn’t worth getting your jimmies rustled over.


Muffinator wrote:

Oh god, I’m turning into Algernon.

Hmm… you might be on to something there. I’ll just check my checklist:

  • Is a male humanoid being [CHECK]
  • Is a brony [CHECK]
  • Is studying physics at college/uni [CHECK]
  • Knows a little too much about MLP fanfiction [CHECK]

Huh, looks like you’re exactly like me in every way. Oh wait, forgot the last point:

  • Is breathtakingly handsome [NOT CHECK]

Sorry brah, you just can’t compete with this much swag.

(Spoiler: Just kidding)

Last edited May 10, 2012 at 06:12PM EDT
May 10, 2012 at 06:10PM EDT
Quote

So, guys, season 2 of MLP is now on netflix.

May 10, 2012 at 06:15PM EDT
Quote

Algernon wrote:

@Popperfett

You can’t let R34 or shipping get to you. If you get annoyed every time you see a pic like that, you’re gonna have a hard time surviving in this fandom. It’s just what we do, along with every other fandom in existence. No matter how much you fight it, your favourite character(s) will be shipped. If anything, fighting against it only encourages it. Anyway, more often than not images like that are just made for the lulz, so it isn’t worth getting your jimmies rustled over.


Muffinator wrote:

Oh god, I’m turning into Algernon.

Hmm… you might be on to something there. I’ll just check my checklist:

  • Is a male humanoid being [CHECK]
  • Is a brony [CHECK]
  • Is studying physics at college/uni [CHECK]
  • Knows a little too much about MLP fanfiction [CHECK]

Huh, looks like you’re exactly like me in every way. Oh wait, forgot the last point:

  • Is breathtakingly handsome [NOT CHECK]

Sorry brah, you just can’t compete with this much swag.

(Spoiler: Just kidding)

I’m just messing with you.

Last edited May 10, 2012 at 06:22PM EDT
May 10, 2012 at 06:21PM EDT
Quote

Teh Brawler wrote:

So, guys, season 2 of MLP is now on netflix.

…and they kept censored Derpy.


I’m cool now, it’s alright, not gonna start a s&%^storm…

Now, for that Chrysallis/Luna link from last post…
(fleet moves into bombardment position )

May 10, 2012 at 06:23PM EDT
Quote

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

…and they kept censored Derpy.


I’m cool now, it’s alright, not gonna start a s&%^storm…

Now, for that Chrysallis/Luna link from last post…
(fleet moves into bombardment position )

May 10, 2012 at 06:29PM EDT
Quote

Teh Brawler wrote:

So, guys, season 2 of MLP is now on netflix.

@Popper:

It’s not even actual r34. It’s implied.

I chuckle seeing legit r34 of AJ, and she’s my favorite pony. Unless it’s Tiarawhy.

Then I visit this site.

Edit: That site is also how I beat Dead Space 2.

Alone.

In the dark.

At night.

With surround sound.

Last edited May 10, 2012 at 06:29PM EDT
May 10, 2012 at 06:29PM EDT
Quote

@Windigo

you know what…

F&%$ That S&$#, I’m outta here… again

I’ll be back when I’m less pissed.

Oh, and Random, that site made me


GIFSoup

So, BYE
SEE YOU GUYS LATER
DON’T EXPECT ME FOR A WHILE… or until my fic’s done…

Last edited May 10, 2012 at 06:56PM EDT
May 10, 2012 at 06:48PM EDT
Quote

@Windigo


@PopperFett

You get your jimmies rustled way too fast over such minimal stuff. It’s basically asking for others to reply like that. Try to calm down and accept its excistance, there isn’t much you can do about it.

Last edited May 10, 2012 at 06:53PM EDT
May 10, 2012 at 06:53PM EDT
Quote

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

@Popper:

It’s not even actual r34. It’s implied.

I chuckle seeing legit r34 of AJ, and she’s my favorite pony. Unless it’s Tiarawhy.

Then I visit this site.

Edit: That site is also how I beat Dead Space 2.

Alone.

In the dark.

At night.

With surround sound.

Oh, hush, it only happened today. You can’t use that unless I’m being legitimately slow, like weeks or months after the fact.

May 10, 2012 at 07:20PM EDT
Quote


I’ve… I think I’ve cooled down now. There was some awesome art uploaded to our image gallery; enough to drown out the bad stuff. My abscence wasn’t as long as I thought it was (obviously), so… I’ll give it another shot.
It may seem selfish, but I want to go over some boundaries I have (and please abide with them)

-Sure, there’s nothing I can really do about R34, but that doesn’t mean it’s void of criticism. However, I’ll try to keep my opinions (unless it downright gets to me) as down-low as possible

Windigo, keep that kind of stuff away from me. As you noticed, I don’t really appreciate it (especially after I ranted about how I didn’t like that stuff). So lines were crossed there with me

Everything has the point to where it’s too ridiculous for me. That post happened to be one of them. I have lines.

…I’m sorry, but most of my reaction came from the ridiculousness of some of the sexualized stuff and SM stuff that came in (the latter I really do have moral issues with). And after that article with the 6-year old girl finding R34 Pony stuff while searching pony vids, it starts to bug me.
So please, just don’t post that stuff, and I won’t get mad. I’m sorry if I come off as an asshole, but sometimes, there’s just things that get you mad…

Last edited May 10, 2012 at 08:09PM EDT
May 10, 2012 at 07:56PM EDT
Quote

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

Somebody’s on a neg spree again…

In totally unrelated news:

Neg Spree?
What are you talking about?
-I negged windigo for the comic
-I think TehBrawler (not sure though) negged you for the post
…don’t worry, it’s not massed negging or negbomb.
So put up the fruit salad… for now.

May 10, 2012 at 08:10PM EDT
Quote

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

Neg Spree?
What are you talking about?
-I negged windigo for the comic
-I think TehBrawler (not sure though) negged you for the post
…don’t worry, it’s not massed negging or negbomb.
So put up the fruit salad… for now.

People get ups, then get immediately knocked back to zero.

Teh Brawler had that, and so did others. My post with Slowpoke in it was upped, went back to zero, was upped again, and went back down to zero.

A large amount of posts had one karma, but were then knocked back to zero.

So…

There’s a Spy in our midst, men! Get the Pyro!

May 10, 2012 at 08:12PM EDT
Quote

The quoted post has been deleted.

I’m just pointing out that somebody is randomly downvoting us. It caused a shitstorm a while ago that wound up with Citation getting pissed and leaving.

I don’t care about the karma, I care that there’s a troll in our midst.

May 10, 2012 at 08:37PM EDT
Quote

@Connor

One-Upped. Three is more than one
and I swear I didn’t neg you.
Explosive is probably right: troll’s here
--
Now, let us get back on track, and move forward.
Have some awesome art I found:


post more, and we can forget anything bad happened

Last edited May 10, 2012 at 08:39PM EDT
May 10, 2012 at 08:37PM EDT
Quote

>Biggest Karma Thread on the Forum
>Everyone gets -1
>“It’s a hater! We should upvote everyone for no reason, that’ll teach him!”

May 10, 2012 at 08:41PM EDT
Quote

Well legacy burito’s ban has been lifted and has been string up trouble on the pony pages so he might have neg-ed here. Any ways just move on and stay classy.

May 10, 2012 at 08:54PM EDT
Quote

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:


I’ve… I think I’ve cooled down now. There was some awesome art uploaded to our image gallery; enough to drown out the bad stuff. My abscence wasn’t as long as I thought it was (obviously), so… I’ll give it another shot.
It may seem selfish, but I want to go over some boundaries I have (and please abide with them)

-Sure, there’s nothing I can really do about R34, but that doesn’t mean it’s void of criticism. However, I’ll try to keep my opinions (unless it downright gets to me) as down-low as possible

Windigo, keep that kind of stuff away from me. As you noticed, I don’t really appreciate it (especially after I ranted about how I didn’t like that stuff). So lines were crossed there with me

Everything has the point to where it’s too ridiculous for me. That post happened to be one of them. I have lines.

…I’m sorry, but most of my reaction came from the ridiculousness of some of the sexualized stuff and SM stuff that came in (the latter I really do have moral issues with). And after that article with the 6-year old girl finding R34 Pony stuff while searching pony vids, it starts to bug me.
So please, just don’t post that stuff, and I won’t get mad. I’m sorry if I come off as an asshole, but sometimes, there’s just things that get you mad…

No. Your absence lasted about 45 minutes, I think. I was counting.

I get the feeling that this, along with the PMs and other forum posts I directed at you, will be entirely ignored, but someone else might get something from it.


I don’t like a lot of stuff about this thread, let alone stuff about the fandom. But you really gotta stop talking about it. It just leads to people responding and carrying the issue further than you want it (however, it is my guess that Random’s assumption about egging people to respond a certain way is right.)

As for R34 and kids, here’s the thing. The Internet is not a censored place or shouldn’t be simply because people disapprove of some material. R34 of ponies isn’t illegal. Right or wrong is a different story, but it isn’t illegal. People are allowed to post it somewhere on the Web.

Parents take responsibility for their children’s online activities. They set-up filters, they have a computer in an open area of the house, they let them use a library’s computer, whatever. But I don’t have kids now in part because I don’t want to be responsible for a kid’s well-being. It is not bronies responsibilities to watch out for kids in that respect.

If someone sent explicit material to a kid directly, then that’s different. If some dude wanted to post something to the voice actors for the CMC, then I’d feel a need to tell them where they should go. If a kid who hasn’t been properly supervised comes across something on a site like Ponibooru or paheal, then that’s not the responsibility of an entire community to prevent them from seeing it. It would be unfortunate, but it’s not our responsibility. Besides, there are already some filters and checks in place for some places. Ponibooru has filters set-up for Anons and has a warning saying that explicit material is on the site and it isn’t for children.
 
So if you come across some things that just get you mad…just don’t talk about it.

Or at least come up with a better argument for it. Dear heavens…


Anyway, I’m going to pose a topic for the Late Night Debate Club at some point. It may not be a revival, but if burning_phoneix is still about the thread, then he’ll probably have something to say on the matter. However, that may be very late. A few hours from now. I’m workin’, at the moment.

May 10, 2012 at 08:56PM EDT
Quote

@Zarathh:

I have an Applejack figurine I got from McDonalds…

Shit’s too goddamn Inception!

Edit: @Popper below me, regarding the ‘spoiler’:

That’s the joke.

Last edited May 10, 2012 at 09:27PM EDT
May 10, 2012 at 09:25PM EDT
Quote

errr…. getting a little serious here with the karma
distractor image!

… what happened when I asked my boss for a raise


Now for serious biz…

I think it’s just an ambiguous way of describing the ending scene of an episode. Any one of them (no matter the theme) could just fade out.
But what do you think?

Last edited May 10, 2012 at 09:26PM EDT
May 10, 2012 at 09:25PM EDT
Quote

Zarathh wrote:

New topic!

My curtains…

Dumb fabric.

May 10, 2012 at 09:27PM EDT
Quote

Zarathh wrote:

New topic!

This… thing…

I have no idea WTF my special talent is…

Last edited May 10, 2012 at 09:34PM EDT
May 10, 2012 at 09:31PM EDT
Quote

Zarathh wrote:

New topic!

It’s a poster from Civilization IV, showing the tech tree…
Doesn’t that mean I’m a master strategist?

May 10, 2012 at 09:33PM EDT
Quote

Zarathh wrote:

New topic!

My pajama pants on my desk that has this exact pattern….

My special talent is either sleeping, or being a flaming Mary Sue.
Or a combination of both….
I honestly do not want to be the flaming Mary Sue…

Last edited May 10, 2012 at 09:50PM EDT
May 10, 2012 at 09:35PM EDT
Quote

Zarathh wrote:

New topic!

I’m outside right now. There is nothing to my left. Forever a blank flank. ;___;

May 10, 2012 at 09:39PM EDT
Quote

Zarathh wrote:

New topic!

>pterodactyl figurine
>special talent is pterodactyls
This thing is good thing.

May 10, 2012 at 09:39PM EDT

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

I’m back, and I brought a fleet. And no, Lunar Dawn is not finished. But this time, I’m here to rain destruction:


…but not on you guys or Equestria, no sirs (and madams), on whomever made THIS:

warning! View at your own discretion! Pyro, your jimmies may be rustled as well!

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/302022-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic

and that .gif in the comments…
I’m ready to burn a world again…
(sighs)
usually this stuff doesn’t rustle my jimmies TOO much, but this is just ridiculous. Crossed a line with me…
I know we’ve been over this before, but I’m sorry, they can’t leave ONE character alone? I mean really, this image gallery and searches have been pretty clean (though not all the way) about Chrysallis. But lately, all this implied R34, SMN, and other sexual BS is getting on my nerves.
/rant

…and the last pic on my last post was a reaction to Chrysallis, not me admiring it (though it is quite useful as a reaction pic)

oh and Joe, this will fit well in your RariSpike Stories (best sung by Spike):


I haven’t even trolled on the thread in the few days, and I find a post mentioning me. I feel special.

Have I been mentioned in past conversations? I must go check…
I notice Monty has used my Sir Spike I uploaded…

Ring, ring, ring, ringgggggg…. Random picture time!

May 10, 2012 at 10:12PM EDT
Quote

Joe Amethyst wrote:

I haven’t even trolled on the thread in the few days, and I find a post mentioning me. I feel special.

Have I been mentioned in past conversations? I must go check…
I notice Monty has used my Sir Spike I uploaded…

Ring, ring, ring, ringgggggg…. Random picture time!

May 10, 2012 at 10:15PM EDT
Quote

@Popper

I noticed you love posting shocked/angry reactions on every single image that seems somewhat dirty.

Are you really that shocked and surprised by the internet? Or is that just what you do for fun.

(You aren’t the only one either, Zarathh does it too.)


@This image

My cutie mark is….(drumroll)…A WATER BOTTLE!

My special talent is…water redistribution I suppose

That’s like the 3rd time I had to pick my water bottle in these “Item to your left/right” games. I really should put that thing somewhere else

Last edited May 10, 2012 at 10:22PM EDT
May 10, 2012 at 10:22PM EDT
Quote

@Blue Screen
It’s a hobby, mostly.
At first, when I saw these things, I was legitimately shocked, but I’ve grown used to them. Therefore, the reactions mostly are out of custom and just for the hell of it. However, you will know the difference between when I am joking or when I am actually pissed.

Oh, and someone’s downvoting everyone again…
Ah well, back to business.

Last edited May 10, 2012 at 10:26PM EDT
May 10, 2012 at 10:25PM EDT
Quote
I noticed you love posting shocked/angry reactions on every single image that seems somewhat dirty.

Are you really that shocked and surprised by the internet? Or is that just what you do for fun.

(You aren’t the only one either, Zarathh does it too.)

@BSoD:
Whenever I do that, I mainly do it for fun. If I don’t do it for fun however, a long, wordy rant is followed after that image about me raving on about whatever I don’t like that the image/post has. But yeah, I’ve seen worse on the internet and I’m not really shocked by some of the stuff I see on here.

May 10, 2012 at 10:27PM EDT
Quote

Uhh….after missing out on the last page and most of this page and seeing that jimmies were rustled. I think i’m just gonna try and start a new topic.

So i heard u liek vinyl scratch….



This thread is now vinyl scratch.

May 10, 2012 at 10:32PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!