Forums / General

195,818 total conversations in 5,394 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9,954 conversations with 194 participants

Oh by the way you guy’s if you can’t figure out who I am then Look for a man named “DoctorHobo” on the server.

Jun 17, 2012 at 07:00PM EDT

Count me in (if you want to add me, that is, I only have a free account). I suck at it though, so be forewarned.

Relevant stuff:

Last edited Jun 17, 2012 at 07:03PM EDT
Jun 17, 2012 at 07:01PM EDT

SO when are we gonna start?

Jun 17, 2012 at 07:06PM EDT

@Seal: Popper said that he would like to start at around 8:00 CST. At least I think that’s what he said.

Jun 17, 2012 at 07:07PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

@Seal: Popper said that he would like to start at around 8:00 CST. At least I think that’s what he said.

Alright. I guess this gives me enough time to take a shower and rush through a few pages of Homestuck.

Jun 17, 2012 at 07:10PM EDT

I’m in for TF2 later; for awhile at least.

Now to be pony related:

Jun 17, 2012 at 07:14PM EDT

Who ever is participating in the tf2 match better be prepared to be turned into Swiss cheese when I am through with them.

Jun 17, 2012 at 07:33PM EDT

Tim the Enchanter wrote:

Who ever is participating in the tf2 match better be prepared to be turned into Swiss cheese when I am through with them.

Jun 17, 2012 at 07:38PM EDT

@Dan
Don’t worry, I’m F2P too (even though I have the Orange Box now).
But I’m pretty decent, so, yeah.

Again, 8:00pm CST.
Server name: KYM_Brony_Forum_Tournament

Last edited Jun 17, 2012 at 07:41PM EDT
Jun 17, 2012 at 07:39PM EDT

@ponibooru shutting down

My only concern is that Derpibooru is having trouble already

But atleast for now it seems to be alittle faster with less crap to wade through than ponibooru. It’s also more convient to search for stuff on Derpibooru because_you_don’t_have_to_type_all_of_your_search_terms_in_like_this_hurr_durr_hurr. So that’s my two cents. I probably won’t miss Ponibooru at all, to be honest.

Also I set up an account on Derpiborru and noticed that there’s no favoriting there but there is a My Upvotes tab that you can use in place of favoriting by simply upvoting what you want to keep track of.

Also found some Pinkie.

Last edited Jun 17, 2012 at 07:44PM EDT
Jun 17, 2012 at 07:43PM EDT

I’ll tell ya, I’m gonna miss Ponibooru. It was probably one of the best places to go looking for images, a great time-waster. Also, I kept all the weird stuff I didn’t feel like putting on my computer in my favorites, so now I have to move it all on there instead of keeping it in the Cloud. Oh well.

Ponibooru, here’s to you.

Last edited Jun 17, 2012 at 07:57PM EDT
Jun 17, 2012 at 07:57PM EDT

Tim the Enchanter wrote:

Four hundred thousand dollars to fire that gun, huh? Money well spent. Them two hundred dollar bullets ain’t so hot when they don’t hit nothin’, are they?

Jun 17, 2012 at 07:59PM EDT

MAGGOTS, PLEASE!

Save the aggression for me, because YOU! WILL! NEED! IT!

Anyways, here’s my account for Steam. Add me if you want.

As for ponies, I’m conflicted between the style I should use to draw them.

or

I think the first looks more cartoony, and I like it for some reason. The second seems to fit the show more, but I find it more difficult to get the expressions right, and all of that. Mind you, I’ve had more practice with the second one.

For further relation to ponies:

Gentlemen, I ask you…. WHY!?

Jun 17, 2012 at 08:14PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

Four hundred thousand dollars to fire that gun, huh? Money well spent. Them two hundred dollar bullets ain’t so hot when they don’t hit nothin’, are they?

Well, then I can use my fists.

Jun 17, 2012 at 08:15PM EDT

@Explosive

Yes, the second one looks more like the show’s style, but there’s something to be said for originality. When a fan sees this kind of picture, for expample:

If they’ve been around, they probably will recognize the artwork and know instantly that it was Joseco who drew it. Whereas if they see one of my vectors in a random place, like this one:

They’ll have no idea who did it, because it just looks like any other show-accurate piece. In other words, I’d endorse perfecting your own style. I would do that myself, but unfortunately I have no style.

Last edited Jun 17, 2012 at 08:44PM EDT
Jun 17, 2012 at 08:39PM EDT

So did we start yet? I just got back.

Jun 17, 2012 at 08:42PM EDT

@Pyro
In about twenty minutes. I’ll post when it’s ready.

Alright, I’m ready.
Map: ctf_doublecross
password: chrysalis
*(you guys know why)
Have fun, and may the force be with you :)

@Explosive
I have the host name. Hold on, I’ll reset (no one’s there anyway)

Last edited Jun 17, 2012 at 09:03PM EDT
Jun 17, 2012 at 08:43PM EDT

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

@Pyro
In about twenty minutes. I’ll post when it’s ready.

Alright, I’m ready.
Map: ctf_doublecross
password: chrysalis
*(you guys know why)
Have fun, and may the force be with you :)

@Explosive
I have the host name. Hold on, I’ll reset (no one’s there anyway)

We need an IP.

Last edited Jun 17, 2012 at 09:06PM EDT
Jun 17, 2012 at 09:05PM EDT

Can i get the IP?

Jun 17, 2012 at 09:11PM EDT

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

alright, IP is 192.168.1.17
If it doesn’t work, I’ll check my firewall.

Check your firewall, I still can not find it.

Jun 17, 2012 at 09:14PM EDT

@TF2

I wonder if I can join, but I might end with terrible ping. Even if I don’t get booted for lag I might have to go either Engie or Medic to compensate for my ping. I need good latency in order to play my usual Scout.

@Dan with soup

That wheel is made of stone, not rubber. There’s your explination

But its fun pretending Equestria is post-apocalypic earth but instead of “Planet of the Apes”, the horses evolve and it becomes “Planet of the Ponies”. That’s my headcanon and I’m sticking to it because it’s awesome

Jun 17, 2012 at 09:16PM EDT

404 user not found wrote:

Is anyone else keeping up with jappleack? Cuz that shits getting pretty trippy.

Oh man i’ve been and this shit is so..motherfuckin sweet.

Jun 17, 2012 at 09:27PM EDT

@Popper
Can you try putting up your server again and check your firewall, I still cannot find your server.

Last edited Jun 17, 2012 at 09:28PM EDT
Jun 17, 2012 at 09:27PM EDT

Please stay on topic people.

Jun 17, 2012 at 09:37PM EDT

Alright, I’m having issues here. The server isn’t up, so I’d have to ask one of you to either host or walk me through the process again.

EDIT-Just go to Tim’s server

EDIT- I’m getting nothing from that IP. Sure it’s up?
I’m running vanilla tf2, so…yeah
Feel like a total dumbass, but can anyone help me?

Last edited Jun 17, 2012 at 09:48PM EDT
Jun 17, 2012 at 09:38PM EDT

@Popper

-connect 192.168.1.17…failed after 4 retries

You sure that IP is correct? Also what port are you using? Might be useful to include the port into the IP address. I see a lot of us are on steam right now but we seem to be waiting around

[edit]

Never mind. Sounds like Tim has a plan, Tim what’s your current status?

Last edited Jun 17, 2012 at 09:40PM EDT
Jun 17, 2012 at 09:38PM EDT

Alright i need one of you guy’s one of you guys on my friends lists to connect to the server so i can join because i can’t figure out how to connect from IP.

Jun 17, 2012 at 09:49PM EDT

Random’s right. We can continue this conversation on Steam. I’ll create a chat.

If you need my ID, it’s on my page.

Last edited Jun 17, 2012 at 09:52PM EDT
Jun 17, 2012 at 09:52PM EDT

I think we already have a steam group, under the name KYM Brony Brotherhood. Maybe you guys should join that.

No then, the reason I’m here:

mfw:

Last edited Jun 17, 2012 at 10:33PM EDT
Jun 17, 2012 at 10:32PM EDT

Ric Tesla wrote:

I don’t recognize those chapters. Who are they?

@Ponibooru shutting down

Never was there such an epic hive of scum and villainy. Also, Ponibooru ran slow as shit.

Jun 17, 2012 at 10:41PM EDT

>Mfw fimfiction goes down while in the middle of typing part three of Numb

Jun 17, 2012 at 11:18PM EDT

Oh btw, I have been searching and the first part of that Warhammer 40k comic is this:

Jun 17, 2012 at 11:21PM EDT

That was entertaining. We need to go on TF2 servers like this more often. I wanna keep molesting everyone with my strange knife.

Jun 17, 2012 at 11:43PM EDT

Team Fortress? Y’all got nothin’, my computer will just lag the server into the ground. That is, if I didn’t already miss the whole thing. And if my TF2 worked worth shit.

EDIT: according to Pyro’s post at the same time as mine, I missed it. But I still love all of you.

Just gonna reinstall the whole thing while I sleep tonight. I’m so sick of it not working. I wish my computer weren’t complete garbage.

Did someone say Daring Do is best pony? No? Well, I did.

Last edited Jun 17, 2012 at 11:55PM EDT
Jun 17, 2012 at 11:44PM EDT

If you guys want to play with just all of us next time i do have a TF2 server ready to go
Also:
Did anyone notice i was there?

Last edited Jun 17, 2012 at 11:58PM EDT
Jun 17, 2012 at 11:46PM EDT

@Pyro
Agreed. Sniper wars all always fun to do with me.
I got to figure out how to set up a game better, though.
Also, it seems that entire Discord origin comic is complete in the image gallery.

EDIT- That Discord origin actually provides a good turn on the alicorn discussion we had earlier a bit.

Last edited Jun 17, 2012 at 11:52PM EDT
Jun 17, 2012 at 11:46PM EDT

Awesome TF2 game guys, that was fun. I didn’t think it would work due to my distance but even with 250 ping I still managed to get some good Scout action going on. Somehow managed to get several kills with the baseball

Connor kicks ass. He always seemed to lead the board

I got raped by a single spy every single damn time

Pony sprays were absolutely everywhere

And I laughed so hard when I got that single critrocket quaddruple kill on four of you guys…and then I got a 5th kill with a double critrocket. Really made my day, thank you

Last edited Jun 17, 2012 at 11:56PM EDT
Jun 17, 2012 at 11:55PM EDT

@Popper: You’re about the only person I killed that entire time, cause the damn teams were to unbalanced. I still enjoyed it nonetheless. Maybe we could do this every Sunday. My computer nearly burst into flames when I got into a group of 5 or more though. Really, I felt I did the worst tonight. But half of that is because my sensitivity was off, I didn’t have a mic, (I should be getting a new cord for my Turtle Beaches this week) and I suck at any playing any class except for Medic. I still died a lot cause the Heavies wouldn’t protect me. I still enjoyed it nonetheless.

@Tim and RandomMan: Nice hustle tons of fun, next time eat a salad.

Last edited Jun 18, 2012 at 12:05AM EDT
Jun 17, 2012 at 11:57PM EDT

Well, that tournament on an open server we didn’t own was immensely fun!

Except for me getting the team with unfair disadvantages a lot, but what are you gonna do? I had fun the few rounds I played as Heavy on Hoodoo, mostly because I made the cart the literal rape train.

Now, to get a late-night discussion going:

Where would you place Equestria, generally, on a technological scale, and why it is there. They still have quills, lanterns, and other things from less technologically advanced eras. However, they also have electric ovens, a dam, whatever the fuck the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 is, and other technology.

I seem to remember Lauren telling somebody that asked that the writers just threw in technology if it’s useful to the plot, or if they’ve used it before. They don’t have a rigid technology line, or something that could resemble a specific era.

Personally, I’d say the peaceful nature of Equestria, the magic it has, and possibly the wildlife, might lead to Equestria being in a more advanced version of the very early 1900s or very late 1800s, with more focus on ‘necessity’ technology, and less labor-saving and war technology. This is caused by their lack of violence and conflict, and the usage of magic to replace labor-saving.

What’s that? I’m over-analyzing something that’s confirmed to not have any truly analyzable material?

You’re damn right I am.

Jun 18, 2012 at 12:10AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!