Forums / Discussion / General

168,567 total conversations in 5,400 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users

No pls stop the drawing of ponies pls. You need time and effort in order to pony.

Jun 21, 2012 at 11:57PM EDT

@badsitrep:

Yep, ponies are fun and easy to draw. They don’t have the fucking hands and feet.

The comment had been up for a few minutes already, and my scanner takes about a minute to scan. Add the time to type a comment up, and I made these in a few short minutes. Probably could have inked them in a minute, tops.

[Killing Floor]PONI PONI PONI! LOADS OF PONI![/Killing Floor]

Yeah, I think the more show accurate style more, but I like the ‘Wut’ one, too. I’d probably use the latter for shits ‘n’ giggles.

Jun 22, 2012 at 12:00AM EDT

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

this is all you get on such short notice

Jun 22, 2012 at 12:01AM EDT

@drawing ponies
That feel when you have a badass idea and are already planning it……
Then you realize you don’t have a scanner…or a drawing board…or an art program…or MS paint skills…

EDIT- @Fifths
Yep. Enjoying it very much. ’cept the part when…Daenerys…brother…yeah…

Last edited Jun 22, 2012 at 12:13AM EDT
Jun 22, 2012 at 12:05AM EDT

@sitrep
dont worry, I got this
HEAR YE HEAR YE
Everyone look at this video!

Now leave pony drawing to the pros

Jun 22, 2012 at 12:07AM EDT

More pony because I’m bored. He has nuts on his ass.

@badsitrep:

Wanna know what you’ve done?

SOME BOMB-ASS SHIT!

@Popper:

You could probably get an old crappy scanner that serves your purposes for a cheap price, and it would do fairly well. I’m not really sure, since I got my scanner as a hand-me-down, but I don’t think they cost too much.

It’s worth it to upload your shit for everybody on the internet to see and evaluate your skills as an artist and by extension a person. Staring at what your produced, judging and criticizing it and scrutinizing you as a mental breakdown

@Megalolzors:

Jun 22, 2012 at 12:23AM EDT

@Lasers
Unfortunately, my desk is too crammed with:
-Joystick for flying sims
-DVR
-Monitor
-Games shelf
-Desk foam rocket-launcher
-Big-ass printer
- a ton ofnostalgic video games
-books in all the other storage spaces
Scanner has no room…oh well…

Jun 22, 2012 at 12:32AM EDT

404 user not found wrote:

QUICK, EVERYBODY, DRAW A PONY!

Hm? Okay, I was working on some random guy’s OC ayway. It’s not done yet, but here’s what I have so far.

Seems like everyone wants someone to draw their OCs these days. It’s a lot of work.

Last edited Jun 22, 2012 at 12:40AM EDT
Jun 22, 2012 at 12:39AM EDT

It’s been forever since I last posted here! It seems we are drawing ponies at the moment. It’s been a while, but let’s see what I can muster up…

So, how’s been everybody?

Jun 22, 2012 at 12:45AM EDT

I posted earlier today that I watch MLP FiM with my two nieces and I think I should expand on that. I have three older sisters (lucky me), two nieces (2 and 4 years old), and two nephews (one is turning 9 this Saturday and the other isn’t 1 yet). My nieces are always asking to watch the the show with me.
The 4 year old go’s: “I WANNA WATCH MY LITTLE PONY! I WANNA WATCH MY LITTLE PONY! I WANNA WATCH MY LITTLE PONY!”
to witch I respond :“ME TOO!”
I got my now 8 year old nephew to watch the show by asking him if he’ll watch it with me. I didn’t force him to watch it, and he loves it. My sisters and my parents think that I’m weird for watching the show, but I don’t care.

As for fanfics, I’ve only read short ones and never read any of the big ones like ‘Fallout: Equestria’, but I’ve never heard anything bad about it so maybe I’ll give it a chance.

Jun 22, 2012 at 12:55AM EDT

@sibilings/female relatives
IRL: none that watch the show, unfortunately.
Yeah, disturbedbrony, I don’t care if someone thinks I’m weird. I like it; they don’t have to.

@20% Cooler
Wilkomen back, mijnheer.

We talked about going to Equestria, which mutated into a discussion about the pony reproductive system. We’ve also discussed names for the next Pony General (I’m still up for Sgt. Twilight and the Lonely Pony’s Club Band, btw), and various other topics.

Jun 22, 2012 at 01:01AM EDT

:D
Yeah.
I know.
LOTR jokes inbound.

http://bio4.deviantart.com/art/The-Edge-of-Equestria-307627398

Jun 22, 2012 at 01:07AM EDT

@PopperFett

So technically the usual. Ah, good that I didn’t miss that much. As for a new name for the thread…

KYM Pony General Six Pack
KYM Pony General: Mane 6
KYM Pony General Six Hooves Under
KYM Pony General: Mark of the Beast
KYM Pony General Six Flags over Equestria

Jun 22, 2012 at 01:19AM EDT

Berry Punch wrote:

Yes, that’s right.

Chew your food.

Jun 22, 2012 at 01:45AM EDT

Holy dicks, I have a lot of catching up to do.

@People liking Trixie and not Blueblood despite them both being arrogant

It’s because Blueblood doesn’t wear a little wizard hat, guise!

And I think Algernon said it best – arrogance is likeable behind a cute appearance. That’s probably why Gilda never caught on either. As to why Trixie’s so popular in general I also agree that it may be mostly because of Sethisto, but I think it’s also because she was one of the first one off characters the fandom got to work with and whatnot.

@Going to Equestria

I’ve never been interested in going to Equestria, being a pony, ect. Not only would I be uncomfortable there and sorely missed irl, but how am I gonna keep up with my other interests when alot of the things I like are nonexistent in Equestria?

@Reading fanfics

I’ve read some of your guys fanfics in the thread here but that’s about it. With my attention span being shit and alot of fanfics out there that I hear the best things about being novel length and longer, I tend to shy away from them.

@drawing ponies

I drew this about a year ago.

>Your faces when I tell you I’ve been trying to write this fucking post all goddamn day off and on and it’s not even that many words

lol actually I just like that picture.

Last edited Jun 22, 2012 at 03:27AM EDT
Jun 22, 2012 at 03:20AM EDT

>Inb4 Muumi draws a pony and owns us all.

Jun 22, 2012 at 06:30AM EDT

@regarding siblings
Once my 12-year-old sister saw me watching MLP. She was quite disgusted of me which that’s the reaction I was expecting. I have in no way how to tell my elder brothers about this though, not that I’m being teased around, calling me a sissy, reminding me how sucked I am that I still can’t find a girlfriend. Oh hay no, I’ll just be adding oil to fire. Can’t tell my parents either for they have no internet culture experiences but I’ll try and break it to them in the near when the time is right. I love my family so much.

@Moving to Equestria
If given a chance, I would gladly accepted it. But if I never get to return IRL, then I have to turn them down. Like Iamslow’s statement, there’s not much of things that will spark my interest.

@drawing ponies

>tries multiple attempts
>finally completes
>eagerness to upload into KYM
>realised that I have no computer scanners
>

I have a question though…

Is Equestria a continent… a country… um a state… er… or like Earth(the whole planet that is)? We know that Ponyville is a village situated some distance from Canterlot which is an upper-class city and there’s also a flouting city made of cloud, which is another advance city. And so far we know that when they mentioned Equestria, they only reveal these 3 venues. But what about other canon cities like Manehattan, are they being included as well or just another city in another state? Sorry but this has been in my mind for awhile now.

Jun 22, 2012 at 08:22AM EDT

@Bruelock

Got a camera? That’s how I got my sketches into this forum despite my distinct lack of scanner:

I don’t think it turns out that bad.

Anyway to answer your question, I tend to assume that Equestria is a continental nation.

I recall one episode where you briefly got to see a globe map. It showed a terrestrial planet with a rather different landscape to earth but had a few major continents. I got the idea that Equestria was one of those.

Jun 22, 2012 at 09:08AM EDT

Millennial Dan wrote:

No one told me my waifu was the drawfriend header today…

BEND OVER

Jun 22, 2012 at 09:52AM EDT

>mfw I can draw nearly anything but a pony

I was gonna draw my OC in my icon :(

@Dan
Looks like its gonna be epic
I dont wanna bother you too much, but if you have the time, could you draw my OC?

Last edited Jun 22, 2012 at 10:29AM EDT
Jun 22, 2012 at 10:23AM EDT

Just thought I should share this:
Warning: TLC – My Crazy Obsession Seeks Pony Collector

Quoted from Equestria Daily:
"My Crazy Obsession has never been about showing people in a positive light. The crazier the better. It makes good TV, we can’t blame them for that! If you do own a larger than average pony collection, I would recommend avoiding it like the plague though. I might even run a “show off your pony collection” event in the near future if you want to brag."

tl;dr:

Last edited Jun 22, 2012 at 01:09PM EDT
Jun 22, 2012 at 01:08PM EDT

@Fridge Logic

Yeah, she is a little scary sometimes, but she’s really a doll. Kind of a big flirt though…

@Bruelock

It seems like Equestria is definitely supposed to be the nation in which all of these cities reside, not the entire world. Whether or not there are other nations, continents, etc. is a mystery though.

@Megalolzors

Send me a pm with the details. Also, if you donate points I will be at least three times as motivated.

@Windigo

And yet you just know they’ll find someone who will gladly take the infamy anyway.

Last edited Jun 22, 2012 at 01:33PM EDT
Jun 22, 2012 at 01:13PM EDT

@Drawing ponies:
>That feel when you can barely draw anything, but you still try anyway and fail horribly

Seriously, I suck at drawing. You can’t tell the difference between a circle with squiggles in it and a bacteria.

Last edited Jun 22, 2012 at 01:26PM EDT
Jun 22, 2012 at 01:22PM EDT

Here’s a drawing I made a while ago but I did not do to much with it.

I still need to ink it as well.

Jun 22, 2012 at 01:37PM EDT

Regarding the TLC thing,
It kind of makes me want to see if one can trick them into seeing one’s really tiny collection.
“Yeah, I have a Derpy plush and a Chrysalis T-Shirt. I also have a DJ P0n-3 t-shirt but I don’t know where that is right now. I’m just such a fan of the show! Oh, while we’re at it, do you want to see my Agatha Christie collection? I have all her mystery novels, even the obscure ones! I know, I’m obsessed. ;)”

That would be the best troll ever.

Edit:
You’re probably right Deadparrot- it is kind of a dumb idea now that I think of it.

Remember when TLC used to have awesome stuff like “Junkyard Wars”?
Good times, good times…

Last edited Jun 22, 2012 at 02:00PM EDT
Jun 22, 2012 at 01:40PM EDT

@Bruelock
Pretty sure Equestria is just a country based on Hearth’s Warming Eve where they founded it.
You don’t ‘found’ a planet and it didn’t look like they had to cross any oceans, so it’s probably not a continent either.

I’d also guess that Manehatten, Los Pegasus, Fillydelphia, and Trottingham (Did I miss any canon city names?) are all part of Equestria given their pony puns.
This does open the cool possibility of seeing an episode take place outside of Equestria, though.
Maybe Zecora’s homeland?

@Windigo
While that would be funny at the time, remember that they have the unholy power known as ‘final cut.’
If they truly are out to paint a negative picture, they can edit even the most benign interviews into something crazy.
Outright trolling would make their ‘jobs’ all too easy.

Last edited Jun 22, 2012 at 01:49PM EDT
Jun 22, 2012 at 01:44PM EDT

@Drawing Ponies
Maybe I will try to make one later, and post my monstrosity here.
@TLC Interview
If a troll did respond I think he would decline the offer before he signed the contract for the interview so he is not liable, unfortunately I cannot predict the actions of others but that is what I would have done. But it might be best not to respond to them.

Last edited Jun 22, 2012 at 02:20PM EDT
Jun 22, 2012 at 02:06PM EDT

Can’t edit other post. Too much time passed.

I drew this Surprise pic to use as my avatar:

Jun 22, 2012 at 02:09PM EDT

@DeadParrot
Maybe that’s whats going to be in season 3?
The homeland of Zecora… a land of zebras O_o

Jun 22, 2012 at 02:48PM EDT

^Modern art in a nutshell

Because Rock Farmers are the pony version of the Amish

Jun 22, 2012 at 03:06PM EDT

Jackal Lantern wrote:

HAY GUIZE I DARW A PONY TOO!

Discorded archer pony using a knife as an arrow jumping forwards above a wrestling match between pinkie pie and rainbow dash, and rainbow dash is winning?

Jun 22, 2012 at 03:10PM EDT

@Jackal Lantern
Show correct ponies are to mainstream.

Now just play some “Broken Social Scene” and you will have the perfect art gallery.

Jun 22, 2012 at 03:15PM EDT

Close. It’s actually a pic of my OTP: Princess Celestia and Doctor Doom. They’re holding hands/hooves under the starry night sky of Acapulco and talking about FEELINGS and MAGIC and CONQUERING THE PLEBEIAN MASSES.

Jun 22, 2012 at 03:19PM EDT

@BSoD, Millennial, DeadParrot

Thanks for the answers guys. I think I’m very convinced Equestria is, indeed, a Nation to begin with.

…wait a minute…

BSoD – Earth Pony

Millennial – Pegasus

DeadParrot – Unicorn

The Prophecy!!!!

edit: Wow, so that’s how idiotic I’ve become if I stay up extremely late at night. Night all.

Last edited Jun 22, 2012 at 03:27PM EDT
Jun 22, 2012 at 03:22PM EDT

Hey, everybody!
Toys ‘R Us is taking pre-orders for the pony bundle that includes the Nightmare Moon, Trixie, and Vinyl Scratch toys!

Go here: ORDER PAGE
It’s even called the ‘Favorites Collection’ which is almost certainly a more subtle way of writing ‘Brony Bundle.’
This could be a great way to show that we will buy high quality toys if given the chance!

@Bruelock
I forgot you were out in Malaysia.
You’re talking about going to bed when it’s high noon for me!
TIMEZONES!
But at least you got the unicorn thing right for me.
Seeing as how I obsess over Scoots and RD mostly, I figured that most people would assume that I’d want to be a pegasus.
Being scared of heights and hating to put things in my mouth rled that right out for me, though. =)

Last edited Jun 22, 2012 at 03:43PM EDT
Jun 22, 2012 at 03:41PM EDT

@Jackal
It’s a different scene to everyones eyes.
One may say it involves ponies, another says its obama, the next says korra, etc.
Apparently, DeadParrot thinks its a penis
And now i cant unsee

Jun 22, 2012 at 03:43PM EDT

Jackal Lantern wrote:

HAY GUIZE I DARW A PONY TOO!

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/0/00/Scout_misc09.wav
i have no idea what that is and i don’t care to find out

Last edited Jun 22, 2012 at 03:59PM EDT
Jun 22, 2012 at 03:58PM EDT

If I didn’t know better….I’d say…you’re…trying to…seduce me…er….
I….

(ahem)

Back to topic…

@Nightmare Moon

@Jackal
That’s quite the piece of art you’ve got there…

@Bruelock’s Prophecey
“One pony to rule them all, One pony to find them, One pony to bring them all, and in the darkness…bind them?”
“One pony will bring balance to the force and defeat the dark side?”
“But there is one they fear. In their name, he is dovakiin: pony born?”

I would like to see a ponified version of max payne in that position. Looks pretty badass

Last edited Jun 22, 2012 at 04:20PM EDT
Jun 22, 2012 at 04:13PM EDT

@Popper
I’m not sure a pony could realistically bend that way, what with their reversed knees and all.
Have some other Max ponies, though!

(Hint: Check out the holster in the second one!)

Last edited Jun 22, 2012 at 04:36PM EDT
Jun 22, 2012 at 04:25PM EDT

@Windigo
You beat me to posting that pic…

But I wanna call BS on your sick thoughts on why the sky is blue…
Now im gonna disprove your theory
WITH SCIENCE LEMONS

@Thor
Well, the sky is blue because when it rains, 20% of the rain levitates into the atmosphere when noones looking. The rain then has to talk to the council of blues, lead by chuck norris, morgan freeman, and gordan freeman, located aboove cloud nine, a cloud that wanders around the Earth, never to dissapear, but turns invisible every now and again. The rain must go through a number of challenges to prove themselves worthy of becoming one with the sky. If any raindrop so much as fails one challenge, they are roundhouse kicked by chuck norris into the center of the galaxy with all the other failure raindrops. For all the raindrops that pass, they are taken to the sky by rainbow dash and morphed into the blueness of the sky. If the raindrops pass the trials perfectly, they are turned into a new color of the rainbow, which only 7 have done completely. The other 80% of rainbows that didnt go to cloud nine transform (like a transformer or voltron force robot) back into clouds, awaiting their next chance to be taken to cloud nine.

I hope this clarrified why the sky is blue.

Last edited Jun 22, 2012 at 04:39PM EDT
Jun 22, 2012 at 04:31PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!