Forums / Discussion / General

168,560 total conversations in 5,399 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users


You fools, do you not see that Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack is best pony?

Page 86 is now a shipping image war page.

Last edited Apr 18, 2012 at 11:45PM EDT
Apr 18, 2012 at 11:38PM EDT
Quote

shipping Image war huh?

I’ll get started then


This is totally not shipping. Who said anything about shipping?


This image demonstrates how AJ achieves cuteness in all forms


What’s going on here? Does anyone know?

So much good artwork in the gallery today.

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:52PM EDT
Quote

From The Colbert Report: The third shoutout.

“I want to very specifically not give a shout out to my Bronies tonight. I feel like I have been sucked into a dark corner of humanity, and am crawling my way back to the light.”


 
 
 
 
 

I think he likes us, guize!


Keep in mind everything The Colbert Report is and the character who hosts it is.

Apr 19, 2012 at 01:07AM EDT
Quote

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

>wearing a shirt
>naked

naked |ˈnākid|
adjective
1 (of a person or part of the body) without clothes

I reiterate,
>wearing a shirt
>naked

How do?

Apr 19, 2012 at 01:17AM EDT
Quote

@Colbert: Another one? He just keeps those shout-outs coming, doesn’t he?

Speaking of keeping pony things coming, MAD did another pony reference recently:

I’ve got to say, that was pretty meh. The delivery was terrible. I mean, it’s not like this kind of parody hasn’t been done 200 million times before. Also, the animation of the ponies dropped a few levels, and apparently Twilight is now Snips.

Most of the jokes were unfunny and forced, and the sketch as a whole was as painfully repetitive as you could get in 48 seconds.

HOWEVER, I will give them props for the bit at the end which was actually quite clever, and for actually making fun of ponies and bronies in a positive way. I don’t really like the parodies, but they’re better than what College Humor and everyone else who thinks bronies are overweight and lonely manbabies make, and give us free (mostly positive) publicity.

For that I say, good job, Cartoon Network.

Also, 0:25.

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 01:37AM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 01:26AM EDT
Quote
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

ok ill stop whining even though i still don’t think everything will be ok.

because well, if they can delete a character just because a hint of stupidity they can also delete everyone else.

twilight is too nerdy and offends nerds.
RD looks like a lesbian so it will be offensive too

and so on and so fourth…

but you don’t want to see me whine. so there i stop…

Apr 19, 2012 at 07:30AM EDT
Quote

@JJ

Uuuurrrrrrrrrrrgh…

I can’t be bothered saying anything…just…thank you for stopping…seriously, thank you…

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 09:28AM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 09:25AM EDT
Quote

Jackal Lantern wrote:

>wearing a shirt
>naked

naked |ˈnākid|
adjective
1 (of a person or part of the body) without clothes

I reiterate,
>wearing a shirt
>naked

How do?

She uses the shirts as a blanket. Notice she never says wear.

@Verbose:

I wonder if he searched “’My Little Pony” on google.

MY EYES! ZE SAFE SEARCH DOES NOTHING!

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:56AM EDT
Quote

@20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin

Is that legit? And if so, what episode?

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:57AM EDT

Jolly Jew wrote:

ok ill stop whining even though i still don’t think everything will be ok.

because well, if they can delete a character just because a hint of stupidity they can also delete everyone else.

twilight is too nerdy and offends nerds.
RD looks like a lesbian so it will be offensive too

and so on and so fourth…

but you don’t want to see me whine. so there i stop…

@ jollyjew
Yes, because being very booksmart but lacking street savoir-faire or being a tomboy is clearly the same as mental retardation! Just stop, honestly dude, just stop.
Why do you call yourself jolly? You are always cranky and over emontional about something insignificant. You should change your name to CrankyKike!

Lololololololol, Umad jew? I’m just too much…

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:58AM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

@ jollyjew
Yes, because being very booksmart but lacking street savoir-faire or being a tomboy is clearly the same as mental retardation! Just stop, honestly dude, just stop.
Why do you call yourself jolly? You are always cranky and over emontional about something insignificant. You should change your name to CrankyKike!

Lololololololol, Umad jew? I’m just too much…

>JJ is not only Jew here
>Silently judging you
>won’t bring up the term “offensive” as PC is for wusses that are too lazy to actually help
>still has rustled jimmies

Da fuq, Dac.
ಠ_ಠ

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 12:11PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 12:11PM EDT
Quote

badsitrep wrote:

>JJ is not only Jew here
>Silently judging you
>won’t bring up the term “offensive” as PC is for wusses that are too lazy to actually help
>still has rustled jimmies

Da fuq, Dac.
ಠ_ಠ

Haha, take it easy, I was only joking. Crankykike sounds better than Crankyjew which is the only reason I used that term. Let’s not get overly sensitive now.

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:22PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

@ jollyjew
Yes, because being very booksmart but lacking street savoir-faire or being a tomboy is clearly the same as mental retardation! Just stop, honestly dude, just stop.
Why do you call yourself jolly? You are always cranky and over emontional about something insignificant. You should change your name to CrankyKike!

Lololololololol, Umad jew? I’m just too much…

im calling myself jolly because that’s what i want to be….

unfortunatly i am a very bitter person and a pessimist in real life…

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:30PM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew wrote:

im calling myself jolly because that’s what i want to be….

unfortunatly i am a very bitter person and a pessimist in real life…


I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED.


Obviously SOMEONE needs a pick-me-up. Here, try this.

Apr 19, 2012 at 01:01PM EDT
Quote

SuperTrollz0r wrote:

@20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin

Is that legit? And if so, what episode?

I think it was episode 8 of season 13. (the current season)

Apr 19, 2012 at 03:11PM EDT
Quote




Apr 19, 2012 at 03:18PM EDT

Yeah guys, let’s all pick on him.
That’ll certainly make it better.
I seriously wonder why I still talk to you people sometimes.

Apr 19, 2012 at 03:20PM EDT
Quote

Wow, real fucking nice. Downvote me for trying to stand up for someone you assholes always pick on.
Yeah, I think it’s about time I took a break from the thread for awhile. Bye.

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 03:42PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 03:41PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

Yeah guys, let’s all pick on him.
That’ll certainly make it better.
I seriously wonder why I still talk to you people sometimes.

I’m going to back Citation on this.

I have no idea why people team up on other people like that. Downvote it, sure. It didn’t need to be said, and it doesn’t need to be encouraged, because we’ve already been over it, and it’s a touchy issue.

However, I could rail on the users who are getting after JJ for other reasons. Just like you could get after me. I just don’t think it’s cool to bring it up in the thread, usually.


I’ve missed you, semehammer.

Apr 19, 2012 at 03:41PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

Yeah guys, let’s all pick on him.
That’ll certainly make it better.
I seriously wonder why I still talk to you people sometimes.

Yeah, I do too. If you are gonna be such an elitist prick, be it somewhere else kid. If I’m not mistaken, most of us are older you. We’re young adults with jobs and going to college. Being an ass doesn’t make you better than us. Honestly, those snarky little comments are gonna get you beat up one of these days. I hate to be an ass, but you can’t keep talking like that and think it won’t piss us off that you consider yourself so much better than everyone else here. Either 1) drop the tough guy attitude 2) expect to get massive amounts of negakarma.

Edit: reading this over, I may have been too harsh, sorry cite. However, I still stand by what I said, please drop the elitist crap. It’s kinda annoying that you talk us down like if we are children.

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 04:02PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 03:44PM EDT
Quote

@Verbose
On that last part, I thought you wrote “semen-hammer.”

Four years of high school.
Well spent.

Apr 19, 2012 at 03:46PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

Yeah, I do too. If you are gonna be such an elitist prick, be it somewhere else kid. If I’m not mistaken, most of us are older you. We’re young adults with jobs and going to college. Being an ass doesn’t make you better than us. Honestly, those snarky little comments are gonna get you beat up one of these days. I hate to be an ass, but you can’t keep talking like that and think it won’t piss us off that you consider yourself so much better than everyone else here. Either 1) drop the tough guy attitude 2) expect to get massive amounts of negakarma.

Edit: reading this over, I may have been too harsh, sorry cite. However, I still stand by what I said, please drop the elitist crap. It’s kinda annoying that you talk us down like if we are children.

What “tough guy” attitude are you talking about? All I’m trying to do is help someone you people do nothing but rank on, and you insult me for that? Really?

Apr 19, 2012 at 03:46PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

What “tough guy” attitude are you talking about? All I’m trying to do is help someone you people do nothing but rank on, and you insult me for that? Really?

To be honest, it’s been a long time coming. It’s not just for today. You are always making snarky little comments and giving off the impression that you think you are better than us. Whatever though. Also, jolly Jew brought it on himself by posting that and nobody really said anything other than the joke I made. Anyways, et tu Brutus? You sent ideo away with comments that put anything on this page to shame. Why are you acting like a victim? You know that you have a tendancy to be kind of a jerk. Just watch what you say is all I’m trying to say.
Like I said, I was a little harsh and for that I apologize.

Apr 19, 2012 at 03:58PM EDT
Quote

EVERYBODY CHILL THE FUCK OUT!

Arguing, fighting, insulting, and acting like pricks.

That’s what we’ve fallen to.

Does that sound like something that we, as bronies, should do. We’re supposed to love and tolerate everybody, especially each other. If JJ feels that the Derpy issue is unfair, that’s his opinion. We don’t need to flip our shits at him. Likewise, he doesn’t need to flip his shits at us.

If Cite wants to ask us to stop, let him. I was getting tired of it, too, but whatever. I honestly don’t care whether he shares his opinions.

I do care that you guys down vote him to oblivion. That goes against what we stand for.

Apr 19, 2012 at 04:02PM EDT
Quote

You’re all idiots. This is why I don’t come here anymore. Feel free to downvote me for this post. I don’t regret, nor do I believe I’m being too harsh.

(Note: This is towards certain people. I’m not naming anyone, but you should know who you are. If you really don’t, there’s no salvation for you.)

Edit: I could go into more detail, but I’m too lazy. Not to mention, you guys seem to glance over ALL tl;drs, so it would be pointless.

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 04:04PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 04:03PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

To be honest, it’s been a long time coming. It’s not just for today. You are always making snarky little comments and giving off the impression that you think you are better than us. Whatever though. Also, jolly Jew brought it on himself by posting that and nobody really said anything other than the joke I made. Anyways, et tu Brutus? You sent ideo away with comments that put anything on this page to shame. Why are you acting like a victim? You know that you have a tendancy to be kind of a jerk. Just watch what you say is all I’m trying to say.
Like I said, I was a little harsh and for that I apologize.

Do you want to fucking know why I act the way I do? It’s things like this, right here. Whenever I try to act nice, nothing happens except I get attacked and insulted by other people, and often the people I try to help. You think I wanted Ideo to leave? Well you’re dead wrong. I didn’t want anything like that. You think I’m glad he’s gone? I’m not. The last thing I want is the same thing to happen to Jolly Jew, and the more you people insult him, the more I’m afraid it’s going to happen.
Stop trying to act like you know me when you don’t.
Also, the actual quote is “Et tu, Brute?”, not “Brutus”. Brutus was the translation. And you misused it.
Goodbye.

Apr 19, 2012 at 04:05PM EDT
Quote

@Thread

DOUBLE FACEHOOF ACTIVATE

Can we stop with the negging please? It’s alright when someone says something really unhelpful (e.g. calling someone a shitlord or trying to make us go on a Save Derpy crusade), but Cite’s comments really didn’t deserve that. He said exactly what I thought when I read everyone’s responses to JJ. The part where he said “I seriously wonder why I still talk to you people sometimes” may have sounded a little harsh, but that’s just Cite’s personal brand of snark.

As I wrote this, Cite made a few more comments, and got negged further. In his last comment, he said that he regretted making Ideo leave (though whether or not it was entirely his fault is still up to debate), and yet he still got negged. What the hell, thread?


Edit:
>Asks everyone to stop negging where there’s no reason for it
>Gets negged

Fine, whatever.

I know some of you think Cite was being an ass there, but he really wasn’t. He was trying to stand up for someone that he thought was receiving a lot of unnecessary hate. Even if you disagree with him, is that really such a bad thing?

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 04:22PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 04:12PM EDT
Quote

Okay, I’ll post this.

Cite defended a person and you all vote him down for it? Yeah, that’s a real smart move. Congratulations jackasses, you’ve reinforced the idea that standing up for someone is a bad idea.

Have a medal.

Edit: Of course this will be voted down, you people can’t handle criticism.

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 04:14PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 04:12PM EDT
Quote

Okay fine. I’m done with this place. I would constantly call you all friends and so I lurked here and laughed with all of you as I read your posts.

But now I’m done. None of you can take criticism at all. You hide behind your negkarmas and rid yourselves of every opinion that does not suit your own. You’re afraid to face the truth, that maybe there are some people who just don’t agree with you. You should be ashamed to wave that motto you hold so close to yourselves.

As I said, I once called you friends. Now, I just don’t give two shits. You can burn in hell with your hypocrisy. I’m done with this thread. Fuck you guys.

Clean up your act, it’s the only hope you have.

(Note: Once again, this isn’t to everyone, just certain people.)

And Dac, you’re no one to call anyone elitist. Keep that in mind.

Apr 19, 2012 at 04:29PM EDT
Quote

Ok, everybody, I am sorry. I should have not posted that here. I should have just pm’d him but I didn’t because at the time I didn’t think it that big a deal. I was wrong and also I was way too harsh. I just read his comment and took it the wrong way I guess. Im really sorry citation.
I had no intention of getting everyone so angry. I didnt think this would happen. Can we just put this behind us and start the thread again with a good discussion? No negging, no arguing, just using this thread for what it is for, discussing ponies.

Apr 19, 2012 at 05:07PM EDT
Quote

@Thread.
Yeah…ima stay out of this shitstorm and try to post poni….


Apr 19, 2012 at 05:17PM EDT
Quote

I’m gonna make a seperate post for a bit of criticism.

You all make no sense, no exceptions.


@Jolly Jew

Thank you for understanding. Derpy is a touchy subject. We all would appreciate it if you don’t bring it up anymore. You have seen what it might cause.


@Dac-attack

If you think Cite is a prick, why do you lower your own posts to that level? Cite might do it a bit more than the common users, but those posts make you no better.


@Citation

Being a dick or not, Dac was a bit correct. You often behave a bit like a prick. I know you want to be accepted, but this requires effort from yourself as well. Nonetheless, such a massive negvote was unnecessary.


@Bob

You were one of the people which I didn’t expect this from. I agree with you that this page is just full of idiots, but that last post was harsh and unneeded. If you no longer care about this thread, why are you still posting here? That post makes you no better than the people you’re trying to reach.


@All of the above

My apologies for saying that. But it was needed.

It’s probably also the heat of the moment, so I advice most of the people here who feel rustled to just close the tab and return tomorrow. After you get some sleep and thought about your actions you often feel better.

If you want to release some frustation, do it on me. Otherwise take it to PM and/or walls, but not here.


@Verbose, Explosive Lasers & Algernon

Thank you for staying reasonable and trying to solve the situation.


@The rest

Thank you for not making things worse (besides perhaps some jimmies images).


Last message though: If you guys can’t handle idiots and criticism, what the fuck are you doing on the internet?


I hate to throw in the mod card, but I’m gonna do it.

Next person being a dick will be given a warning. After that you only have yourselves to blame for any consequenses that might follow if you continue.

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 05:30PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 05:20PM EDT
Quote

>Try to post pony help to lighten the situation somewhat with the whole shit storm as a distraction to bend the shit storm away from thread.
>Get -6 karma.
So me trying to help makes things back to normal suddenly a bad thing?
If you don’t think so, please tell me why. I am serious because I was trying to put some funny back in so we can feel better and have this past us.

Edit: Or is this coming from non-common users? I smell karma trolls…

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 05:29PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 05:27PM EDT
Quote

I apologized and took all the blame. I’m not sure why that warranted all that negakarma.

Anyways, the next episode is only 1 day away, what do you guys think is the secret that she is hiding? And what’s with the clones?

@ random man
Yeah, I choose my words poorly as well and I should have just talked to him in private. What’s done is done and all I can do now Is say I’m sorry.

@ric
Hmm, I hope so.

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 05:33PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 05:28PM EDT
Quote

Sit down kids as uncle Random tells you a story.

“Once upon a time, bronies had the blobs.

But then JohnJoseco came."

Apr 19, 2012 at 06:02PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

I apologized and took all the blame. I’m not sure why that warranted all that negakarma.

Anyways, the next episode is only 1 day away, what do you guys think is the secret that she is hiding? And what’s with the clones?

@ random man
Yeah, I choose my words poorly as well and I should have just talked to him in private. What’s done is done and all I can do now Is say I’m sorry.

@ric
Hmm, I hope so.

So you all thought I was being insensitive or are you say that to the part where I think there might be karma trolls? (I am just trying to clarify).
Also for ponies:

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 06:04PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 06:03PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!