Forums / Discussion / General

168,600 total conversations in 5,401 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users


I requested, might as well post.

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 06:07PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 06:04PM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

So you all thought I was being insensitive or are you say that to the part where I think there might be karma trolls? (I am just trying to clarify).
Also for ponies:

No, I was saying we have karma trolls I think. I don’t think regular posters would downvote apologies taking all the blame or something completely unrelated. This post I quoted has 4 negakarma for some reason. It must be trolls.

Anyways, let’s discuss Saturday’s 2 parter everybody!

Apr 19, 2012 at 06:15PM EDT
Quote

I leave for but a short while and I miss everything rustling to Hell in a jimmy basket… Upvotes for all! I love all of you!

Apr 19, 2012 at 06:31PM EDT
Quote

>Comes in for my daily dose of pony thread
>Starts reading posts
>Sees there’s been another shitstorm
>mfw

I won’t say anything about the ones involved or say I’m tired of this place. Just want you to know that I thought we were done with this kinds of things here.

Now, if you’ll excuse, I’ll be back to my pony posting.

Apr 19, 2012 at 07:00PM EDT
Quote

MLP OC Ponies in a nutshell:

Apr 19, 2012 at 07:26PM EDT
Quote

Hey, looks like another clip of season finale. I cant be bothered to link it at the moment so just go on equestria daily.

Apr 19, 2012 at 07:27PM EDT
Quote

Seriously guys? I specifically called for an image war page on the page get, not a flame war…

I went ahead and up voted all the negative posts, because they were seriously unwarranted. JJ, Cite, Dac, and Ric did sound a bit butthurt and prickish, but that’s no reason to neg bomb them. It happens to all of us sometimes, and we shouldn’t punish them unjustly for it. Remember what happened when the Allies destroyed Germany’s economy, prosperity, and military after WWI? Hitler ring a bell?

To all you invisible 12 negative karma givers, I say nay to your actions. I’m not going to blame anyone on this thread, though. As far as we know, it could be a bunch of anti-brony trolls negging everyone, trying to ruin our happy little place on the web.

Well, it’s not working. Please, get out before I’m forced to do something drastic.

Or, if some of those negs are coming from our very own little community here, remember, karma doesn’t do anything. Don’t think you’re helping anyone after the post is already hidden with -5 karma, and worse, don’t just continually neg posts just because someone disagree with you. Karma bombing every one of Cite and Ric’s posts was extremely undeserved. They were overreacting, and behaving poorly, but we could talk to them calmly instead of using the force of a – button to signal our disapproval.

After all, we didn’t neg bomb MisterDude1337’s post on page 74 that brought up Derpy again, didn’t we (inb4 someone does)? No, we had a calm discussion on it, and although jimmies were rustled, no flame war started.

And that was the end of our innocence self-control. After that post, the thread never would be the same. Anyone who mentioned Derpy’s change or showed the slightest bit of rage in their posts would be negged to oblivion.

And that’s stupid.

Apr 19, 2012 at 07:29PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

MLP OC Ponies in a nutshell:

MY OC PONY IS NO MARY SUE!!!
Just to keep that clear.
He is a hermit and like to avoid people, he is mostly paranoid.

Apr 19, 2012 at 07:31PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

MLP OC Ponies in a nutshell:

OC character in a nutshell*

Seriously. It’s this way with most fandoms.

It just so happens that people like to make OC ponies that are so edgy you need band-aids.

Edit: @Ric: He’s a cyborg scientist with lightning and machinery I doubt ponies have.

I see no problems whatsoever.

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 07:35PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 07:35PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

Hey, looks like another clip of season finale. I cant be bothered to link it at the moment so just go on equestria daily.

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 07:40PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 07:39PM EDT
Quote

No one wants to discuss the episode? Okay…

Also, brad bird needs to get his shit together and direct the incredibles 2, not mission im-poo-sible ghost protocol. Also Iron Giant 2

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 07:52PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 07:43PM EDT
Quote

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Seriously guys? I specifically called for an image war page on the page get, not a flame war…

I went ahead and up voted all the negative posts, because they were seriously unwarranted. JJ, Cite, Dac, and Ric did sound a bit butthurt and prickish, but that’s no reason to neg bomb them. It happens to all of us sometimes, and we shouldn’t punish them unjustly for it. Remember what happened when the Allies destroyed Germany’s economy, prosperity, and military after WWI? Hitler ring a bell?

To all you invisible 12 negative karma givers, I say nay to your actions. I’m not going to blame anyone on this thread, though. As far as we know, it could be a bunch of anti-brony trolls negging everyone, trying to ruin our happy little place on the web.

Well, it’s not working. Please, get out before I’m forced to do something drastic.

Or, if some of those negs are coming from our very own little community here, remember, karma doesn’t do anything. Don’t think you’re helping anyone after the post is already hidden with -5 karma, and worse, don’t just continually neg posts just because someone disagree with you. Karma bombing every one of Cite and Ric’s posts was extremely undeserved. They were overreacting, and behaving poorly, but we could talk to them calmly instead of using the force of a – button to signal our disapproval.

After all, we didn’t neg bomb MisterDude1337’s post on page 74 that brought up Derpy again, didn’t we (inb4 someone does)? No, we had a calm discussion on it, and although jimmies were rustled, no flame war started.

And that was the end of our innocence self-control. After that post, the thread never would be the same. Anyone who mentioned Derpy’s change or showed the slightest bit of rage in their posts would be negged to oblivion.

And that’s stupid.

I don’t think I was meaning to sound dickish, I was actually kind of sick of this complaining about Derpy that I suggested to post ponies, but I guess it did made me sound like a dick and I am sorry, that was not my intentions.

What I am sick of is all the karma lately, it has been going wacky, not only in this thread but others as well, positive karma and negative karma alike. I swear it’s kind of annoying and I wonder if it’s even possible for any of us to know who exactly is doing it.

I hope the mods can figure this out soon, because karma is being abused like no other.

Apr 19, 2012 at 07:46PM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

I don’t think I was meaning to sound dickish, I was actually kind of sick of this complaining about Derpy that I suggested to post ponies, but I guess it did made me sound like a dick and I am sorry, that was not my intentions.

What I am sick of is all the karma lately, it has been going wacky, not only in this thread but others as well, positive karma and negative karma alike. I swear it’s kind of annoying and I wonder if it’s even possible for any of us to know who exactly is doing it.

I hope the mods can figure this out soon, because karma is being abused like no other.

Don’t worry, I never for a second there thought you didn’t anything particularly wrong. There wasn’t anything wrong in your posts, people just went crazy with the negging, and once some guy sensed a hint of rage (that wasn’t there) in your posts, the neg bandwagon kept on going. Also, complaining about getting negative karma only got you more.

Apology accepted

This is exactly the kind of abuse I anticipated happening back in late February: http://knowyourmeme.com/forums/site-related/topics/14261-the-karma-system. We had a pretty good discussion about it, and we came to the consensus that the system was good, and no one would really take the time to abuse it.

And then this happened.

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 08:02PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 08:01PM EDT
Quote

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Don’t worry, I never for a second there thought you didn’t anything particularly wrong. There wasn’t anything wrong in your posts, people just went crazy with the negging, and once some guy sensed a hint of rage (that wasn’t there) in your posts, the neg bandwagon kept on going. Also, complaining about getting negative karma only got you more.

Apology accepted

This is exactly the kind of abuse I anticipated happening back in late February: http://knowyourmeme.com/forums/site-related/topics/14261-the-karma-system. We had a pretty good discussion about it, and we came to the consensus that the system was good, and no one would really take the time to abuse it.

And then this happened.

I mean it was being abused and no one seemed to be noticing it besides me because I thought people might of gotten bombed for no reason, or being negged much more or getting positive karma then what was necessary.
This thread is not the only one who experienced this problem.

Reason why I complain about it is because it seems to becoming kind of a actual problem…

Apr 19, 2012 at 08:11PM EDT
Quote

I’ve noticed the karma negging/bombing before joining (when I was a full-time lurker). Never understood why on earth people would do that. Baffles me. If I give any out, it’s because I thought the person had a well-written post, of the photo posted was tasteful and/or wonderfully done. Ah well, guess I’ll figure it out some day.

In the meantime, here, because Fluttershy.

Apr 19, 2012 at 08:43PM EDT
Quote

ExudesAffluence wrote:

I leave for but a short while and I miss everything rustling to Hell in a jimmy basket… Upvotes for all! I love all of you!

Sorry I accidentally voted your post down.



Anyways, enjoy some Piggy Pie everyone, it is nice to see things cooling down.



Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 09:13PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 09:05PM EDT
Quote

Tim the Enchanter wrote:

Sorry I accidentally voted your post down.



Anyways, enjoy some Piggy Pie everyone, it is nice to see things cooling down.



If not for the very convincing video my love would go elsewhere. But it stays with you.

Also, first downvote get!

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 09:16PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 09:13PM EDT
Quote
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Soooo…
I decide to come back and not say anything, and this forum is again in a negging frenzy.
You all know my opinion on the whole thing, so I have a suggestion:
-Next Time someone brings up the whole Derpy thing, then don’t neg them out and be dicks. Kindly ask them to keep it off the forum.
-If they say something regarding to action being taken, then still don’t neg them, instead, send them over to me, and I’ll PM them and hash it out with him/her.

See? You guys have less butthurt to deal with and my group benefits as well. Your forum stays mostly clear on the topic, and I get to recruit as well.
So what do you say, can you guys try this out?

Apr 19, 2012 at 09:26PM EDT
Quote

If you know we don’t want it brought up, stop talking about it.

now shut fuck and post ponies

Apr 19, 2012 at 09:35PM EDT
Quote

My reaction to the down votes at 0:16



We already went through one shitstorm we do not need another one. Arguing will get us nowhere it will only divide us.



I welcome your apology Unknown. btw I found a retort to your holy hand grenade.



update: Are you guys serious? he is making a suggestion, opinions are fine as long as they do not or try to threaten or insult others. He does not deserve that karma bomb.

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 10:06PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 09:37PM EDT
Quote

Well, look what we have here. Another Clip!




I just realized something.

It’s two days to air, and we have not heard either Shining or Cadence’s voice yet.

Props, Studio B.

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:08PM EDT
Quote

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

Soooo…
I decide to come back and not say anything, and this forum is again in a negging frenzy.
You all know my opinion on the whole thing, so I have a suggestion:
-Next Time someone brings up the whole Derpy thing, then don’t neg them out and be dicks. Kindly ask them to keep it off the forum.
-If they say something regarding to action being taken, then still don’t neg them, instead, send them over to me, and I’ll PM them and hash it out with him/her.

See? You guys have less butthurt to deal with and my group benefits as well. Your forum stays mostly clear on the topic, and I get to recruit as well.
So what do you say, can you guys try this out?

Well, that’s reasonable enough.

Except, we did specifically tell you that we weren’t having anymore of this derpy thing, and you said that you would leave stop.

And that’s a very one-sided argument. Our forum would stay clear of the topic, if someone didn’t have to bring it up every page. If you recruit people, what do we gain? Less shitstorms? I wonder who causes them anyway.

No point in trying again if it didn’t work the first time.

Personally, I strongly disagree with the pointless negs (see my first post on this page), but given the current state of the thread (and KYM as a whole), it’s almost like you’re asking for them.

We tried it once, it didn’t work. We welcome your group to stay here and discuss ponies, but please don’t bring up the same topic over and over again. There’s more to ponies than just Derpy, you know?


@Nostra
New member! Hmmm, I suggest you come back in a couple pages.

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 10:54PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 10:35PM EDT
Quote

Well, at least I tried.
Oh well, back to buisness.
Lets talk about some:

I CLAIM THIS POST INTO THE NAME OF:

…ohhhh YEEEAAHHHHH

On a side note, the Red Dawn/MLP thing is coming along great. Got most of the story worked out and ready to write. Should be up on FIMFiction within the next two months. Also, there is a prequel on the line, to explain the burst in some of the technology the story presents.

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 10:52PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 10:45PM EDT
Quote

>yfw HDD does something non-pony related:

Mercifully, it’s SFW.




Apr 19, 2012 at 10:49PM EDT
Quote

Looks like we another clip of the upcoming episode on equestria daily, go check it out!
Also, for all you Americans out there…

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:59PM EDT
Quote

This thread is really jostling my chandelier right now.

Apr 19, 2012 at 11:01PM EDT

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:


I have never seen something so cute, yet so pathetic at the same time.

INORITE? Obviously, Rarity is the hot one!

Apr 19, 2012 at 11:06PM EDT
Quote

So apparently I lost a bet with my friend. We were playing poker and we were playing for kicks. I said and I loving quote “If you win, I would give you 20 dollars, my marshmallow snack and I will do something stupid.”
He won, so he said this. "You will make your little Engie character marry that orange pony. Also you must yell out in the courtyard “I love mlp”."
Needless to say I proceeded to stand up and be in the middle of the yard and yelled it out. Someone joined me by yelling Fus Ro Dah…odd lunch. Weird school day to.
Also

I learned something today. My Engie can get married but needs to explain a few stuff. This should be interesting and he wants me to make a “Wedding Album”
Now if you need me I shall now think How the hell did he have that ace. While playing TF2.

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 11:16PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 11:12PM EDT
Quote

Fridge wrote:

>yfw HDD does something non-pony related:

Mercifully, it’s SFW.




DAMMIT I WAS GONNA POST THIS.

Apr 19, 2012 at 11:14PM EDT
In the two-part episode “A Canterlot Wedding,” the kingdom is in a frenzy preparing for the wedding of Princess Celestia’s niece, Princess Cadance, to Twilight Sparkle’s brother, Shining Armor. However, Twilight Sparkle discovers a dark secret about the bride that could ruin her brother’s “happily ever after.”

One word: Excitement.

Edit: Speaking of GMod, can anyone link me to the website? Been trying to find it for a while, but I can’t tell which is the legit one.

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 11:18PM EDT
Apr 19, 2012 at 11:16PM EDT

Well. It’s been a time and a half. Getting late her, so I’m going to end this semi-yet-not-so-really productive-and-yet-still-entertaining day on the forum and turn in.

NIGHT EVERYONE

Apr 19, 2012 at 11:32PM EDT
Quote

Fridge wrote:

>yfw HDD does something non-pony related:

Mercifully, it’s SFW.




Lol at sonics dream! Sonic how dare you!

Apr 19, 2012 at 11:45PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

No one wants to discuss the episode? Okay…

Also, brad bird needs to get his shit together and direct the incredibles 2, not mission im-poo-sible ghost protocol. Also Iron Giant 2

Missions Impossible Ghost Protocol was awesome.

Simon Pegg says so:

Dac wrote:

No one wants to discuss the episode? Okay…

I’m staying away from all spoilers. SO I KNOW NOTHING!

Saporian wrote:

Edit: Speaking of GMod, can anyone link me to the website? Been trying to find it for a while, but I can’t tell which is the legit one.

Like the program itself? Garry’s Mod is on Steam.

Apr 19, 2012 at 11:46PM EDT
Quote

Saporian wrote:

In the two-part episode “A Canterlot Wedding,” the kingdom is in a frenzy preparing for the wedding of Princess Celestia’s niece, Princess Cadance, to Twilight Sparkle’s brother, Shining Armor. However, Twilight Sparkle discovers a dark secret about the bride that could ruin her brother’s “happily ever after.”

One word: Excitement.

Edit: Speaking of GMod, can anyone link me to the website? Been trying to find it for a while, but I can’t tell which is the legit one.

Apr 20, 2012 at 12:09AM EDT
Quote

Pack it up, guys.

I don’t think “wat” and “awesome” can be combined into an ask tumblr more than this.

Related

Also, I need a reason to use this gif. In, like, every post I make.

Apr 20, 2012 at 12:20AM EDT
Quote

My first night. I’m scared to sleep.
Also part of the bet was to do what married couples do. I’m going to hate and love this.
So here. Nothing happened hopefully.

Apr 20, 2012 at 12:20AM EDT
Quote

Engie wrote:

My first night. I’m scared to sleep.
Also part of the bet was to do what married couples do. I’m going to hate and love this.
So here. Nothing happened hopefully.

I’ve seen enough John Joseco to know where this is going.

@Verbose
I do agree good sir. This blog is particularly spiffy

Last edited Apr 20, 2012 at 12:41AM EDT
Apr 20, 2012 at 12:29AM EDT
Quote

@Burning pheonix

I know it’s a good movie, but any movie keeping brad bird from making the incredibles 2: judgement day, iron giant vs megalon, or ratatouille: cook free or die hard is a steaming pile of poo-poo. Sorry Simon Pegg and Tom cruise, your movie was great but it ain’t got shit on his other works.
That pic of simon Pegg is unfortunate because it almost looks like a penis hanging through his pants. Mabye I just have a dirty mind lol jk :3 <3

Last edited Apr 20, 2012 at 01:21AM EDT
Apr 20, 2012 at 01:17AM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

@Burning pheonix

I know it’s a good movie, but any movie keeping brad bird from making the incredibles 2: judgement day, iron giant vs megalon, or ratatouille: cook free or die hard is a steaming pile of poo-poo. Sorry Simon Pegg and Tom cruise, your movie was great but it ain’t got shit on his other works.
That pic of simon Pegg is unfortunate because it almost looks like a penis hanging through his pants. Mabye I just have a dirty mind lol jk :3 <3

Last edited Apr 20, 2012 at 01:52AM EDT
Apr 20, 2012 at 01:47AM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!