Forums / Discussion / General

169,883 total conversations in 5,438 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users

Hey everypony! Did I miss anything! Te he

Hmm, let’s see. You just missed an invasion of pony insects who’s queen defeated me and then encased me In a cacoon. I swear, I feel like they put a fucking chest burster in me. Did I mention the queen was pretending to be cadance? No? Oh well now you know. Where the fuck where you! Thanks for your help sis! Anyways, on top of that, you somehow manged to miss two fucking weddings! Hell, the first was canceled due to an evil plot to steal our “love” ( schmaltzy, i know) you could have showed up to the other wedding you lazy fuck! But no! AND NOW YOU HAVE THE GALL TO SHOW UP AT THE RECEPTION EVEN THOUGH YOU DIDN’T ATTEND EITHER WEDDING! Let me guess, you just came for the free booze and to steal the groom. You can be a real cunt sister, I swear….
Anyways to answer your question, yes, you missed a couple things. Still love ya you stupid idiot.

Seriously? I wasn’t gone that long! You couldn’t have been in the cacoon for more than a couple hours! Try 1000 motherfucking years on the moon you insensitive prick! Whatever sis, i still love you even though you are kinda dumb.

Pretty much what was going through my head during the end of the second part.
Anyways, I loved that two parter. Great villain and surprisingly, I really liked the villains song. It was really good, and that means a lot since I usually don’t like the music that much.

Edit: woah, where is all my text?

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 04:07PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 03:55PM EDT

Any one else thinks that the changelings reminds me of tyranids?

• Swarms of them.
  • Insectoid.
  • The imposter told them to go feed.
  • They are from a place that might be far and distant.
  • They tend to go some what kamikaze on things.
Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 04:00PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 03:59PM EDT

The quoted post has been deleted.

I don’t think anyone noticed unless you were looking for it or had a mind set to catch these things
BUT STILL:

WE’RE NOT LETTING AN ENTIRE SHOW SLIP THROUGH OUR FINGERS

Now to set our minds off of that…

RedDawn/MLP on hold for just a few days as a a short pre-story is worked upon by moi starring Celestia.
And I found out how to get around the time gaps: I’m going to push back the beginning of the problems that lead to the war as back as the first episode, where instead of Nightmare Moon being defeated by the Elements of Harmony, she resists the change and eventually convinces around half of Equestria into her influence. A brief and non-destructive civil war will leave half of the land in Luna/Nightmare’s possession, and the other half Celestia’s. However, the fic will describe in short detail some of the tensions and then, finally, start the invasion.

And I think we should let Pyro see this again:

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 04:36PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 04:24PM EDT

@SomePlanet

Isn’t this offensive? Are you offended, ‘cause I’m offended, I’ve never been so offended- well, except for the time that I saw you stroll into the thread and I went [gasps dramatically] but I mean really, who can top that?

Apr 21, 2012 at 04:27PM EDT

I had a look, and if there was something, it was very, very, very brief. Granted of course, the overly politcal IE: stupid people look at every single thing, but honestly, I didn’t see it myself.

Apr 21, 2012 at 04:27PM EDT

@SomePlanet: Hold your horses! (no pun intended) I’m not angry that happened, just surprised. We KYM Bronies can keep it low at the moment. As for angry parents, well, I guess having an open mindset is unpopular.

Now I wonder how shippers would feel about this?

Edit: Huh, the comment was deleted. Okay, moving along…

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 04:38PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 04:31PM EDT

Hooray for my entire family taking naps but not me!

Also, I think my heart stopped at almost every scene. BEST. FINAL. EPISODE. EVER!!!! SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE, MLP IS WHERE IT’S AT.

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash kissed. What is this I don’t even. Oh well, I guess I’ll let it pass.

VINYL SCRATCH TOOK OFF HER BUCKING GLASSES OMG I WILL GIVE WHOEVER GETS ME A HIGH-RES PICK OF HER EYES A BILLION KARMA OR WHATEVER I DON’T CARE JUST GET ME THAT PICTURE!!!!!

Ahem… er… sorry about that, fanboy moment. Once again we have learned the power of underestimating the Mane 6 and the Magic of Friendship and Love! SUCK IT CHANGELINGS.

Plus Luna seems to be adjusting nicely to the modern day, don’t you think?

Apr 21, 2012 at 04:34PM EDT

Millennial Dan wrote:

Here’s something else I believe is a fun note about this episode.

It all makes sense now!

Apr 21, 2012 at 04:37PM EDT

And BTW, if there any C&C Red Alert 2 fans out there, the pre-story will have some similar dialogue and actions between Luna and Celestia as the opening to Red Alert 2…

Apr 21, 2012 at 04:46PM EDT

Millennial Dan wrote:

Here’s something else I believe is a fun note about this episode.

Apr 21, 2012 at 04:52PM EDT

@UU I already found it :P

Anyways that episode was amazing, and in the coming months there will be allot of changeling shipping and multiple other shipping (Pinkie x Cake is best ship by the way).

Lyra and Colgate spoke. Pinkie sneezed confetti proving that she is made out of 100% party. It was awesome to see Luna again. The party cannon was weaponized. Finally suspended in slime animation and zombie ponies are canon now. Over all this episode was amazing and I can’t wait for season 3 and the possible return of Discord. :D

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 04:56PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 04:52PM EDT

Oh, rainbow dash really did kiss her. But it was a little peck on the cheek, perfectly acceptable. I can’t imagine any uproar over that. It’s just like when you kiss your grandma, mom, or sometimes platonic friends.\
@Badsitrep
Hell, its customary for guys to kiss on the cheek in some European and middle eastern cultures. Any complaints will be quickly dismissed as nonsense

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 05:20PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 04:53PM EDT

But a simple tiny peck on the cheek is all it takes to cause a massive uproar. Angry letters will be sent by ‘concerned moms’ to hasbro.

You know how people are. They’ll get upset over anything.

I deleted my post because bringing more attention to this will just cause shitstorms, and trouble.
We don’t need any of that. we dont need another situation like the Derpy one

@ UU: We weren’t the only ones. I got notified via YouTube. The world knows. Angry letters incoming

@ Badsitrep: This is a north-american show. Its intended audience is north-americans. Its gonna be viewed like that because it isnt supposed to represent another culture

@ Badsitrep 2: Most of Canada isn’t french. Vancouver is where studio B is. Vancouver is more chinese/japanese than french. Also, french canada doesnt really like the rest of canada, and wants out. Quebec is where most french ppl are. I highly doubt producers would cater to a very very very very tiny portion of the (north american french speaking population) and risk putting that kiss in, hoping that it would be accepted as a cultural thing. 95percent of north american population wouldnt understand a cultural-greeting-based kiss. Its gonna be understood as much worse

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 05:14PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 04:58PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Oh, rainbow dash really did kiss her. But it was a little peck on the cheek, perfectly acceptable. I can’t imagine any uproar over that. It’s just like when you kiss your grandma, mom, or sometimes platonic friends.\
@Badsitrep
Hell, its customary for guys to kiss on the cheek in some European and middle eastern cultures. Any complaints will be quickly dismissed as nonsense

I didn’t want to mention it, but remember, the entire other situation was with something about just as small. Though the other sitaution was a lot longer, remember that those people will bring it up if it is so much can be SEEN in that way, by anyone.
So, I say, we should hope that we, the bronies, were the only ones who caught that, and keep it here in our community, to ourselves.

EDIT-
I hope that it doesn’t cause an uproar. I really don’t want it to become a major issue and hopefully, we won’t have to worry. But I am just saying, be on your guard. Those haters (especially the ones I had to deal with), are just dying for an excuse to bring down this fandom.

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 05:02PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 04:58PM EDT

Dac wrote:

@Badsitrep

It can’t be construed as only homosexual

If I remember correctly, in some cultures its customary for women to kiss each other on the cheek if they’re good friends or they’re greeting each other (ex: French greetings).

As MLP is made in Canada, it may just be a French tradition that spilled over into the show.

Apr 21, 2012 at 04:59PM EDT

@seal clubba (doctorhobo)
@Thunderlane

I know, right? It actually makes perfect sense, when you think about it.

@Dac-attack

Indeed!

Apr 21, 2012 at 05:01PM EDT

I make sure that I follow EVERYONE that posts in this forum, and all these new posters are making that quite the chore!

Doesn’t matter. I love it when we gain members.

Apr 21, 2012 at 05:13PM EDT

Owens wrote:

I make sure that I follow EVERYONE that posts in this forum, and all these new posters are making that quite the chore!

Doesn’t matter. I love it when we gain members.

Hehe, sorry about that! Normally I’m just a lurker, but it seemed like a good day to say stuff.

Apr 21, 2012 at 05:17PM EDT

Oh man, this villain music is just…oh man…!

Apr 21, 2012 at 05:47PM EDT

I believe this begs the following question:

Apr 21, 2012 at 06:01PM EDT

Sandstone wrote:

I saw that on the image page a few minutes ago, and all I can say is buck yes. This show certainly does have fantastic villains, doesn’t it? They just keep getting better!

A friend said this: “Chrysalis has an awesome appearance too, much darker than the villains we’ve seen up to this point. Her filthy hair, fangs, holes in her legs (!), and the fact that she fed off the emotions of those around her made her very effective as a villain.”

I agree, I was pretty impressed. Time and again, we find that in Equestria, emotions and interactions have a very direct effect on its inhabitants. I submit the Elements (which depend on harmony), Luna’s transformation into Nightmare Moon by her negative thoughts, the wendigos, and now the changelings. Fantastic continuity, I’d say. Also, it provides a good explanation as to why Chrysalis didn’t outright kill anypony, even when she had the chance.

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 06:04PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 06:04PM EDT

>mfw that finale:

Seriously, I couldn’t think of a better way to round off such an awesome season. Those episodes were the perfect way to finish it all, combining a great story, unexpected twists, interesting new characters, epic action scenes, a few neat little cameos, some nice songs, and the usual FiM humour we’ve grown to love.

Highlights:
[I’m probably gonna forget half of them, there were so many this time!]

Part 1

• I really liked Twilight’s relationship with her brother. I was expecting him to be a bit of an ass, but he turned out to be pretty cool guy.
  • Pinkie sneezes parties now. I approve.
  • Twili? SHINING ARMOR. Y U NO CALL HER TWI?!
  • Colgate and Lyra have voices now. Voices for ALL the fan favourites!
  • Luna’s back! To quote best pony: yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes….
  • Twilight’s rant was so epic at the end of part 1. I felt really bad for her when nobody believed her. Also: “If I were you, I wouldn’t show up to the wedding at all!”. AW SHIT SON, NO YOU DIDN’T

• Wait… what the hell is Cadence doing? Oh God, this show is now grimdark

Part 2

• The first highlight I’m gonna list here is the entire episode. There was too much win here for one man to handle.
  • Since when did MLP actually get sorta scary?
  • Cadence is one hell of a bitch. I hope she dies horribly.
  • Oh wait… wut? There are two now? Totally didn’t see that one coming. She is now less of a bitch.
  • So, Cadence is actually a good guy, and her evil twin (who I like to call ‘Queen Bitch’) is a ‘changeling’? What does that even- OMG KILL IT WITH FIRE.
  • Seriously, best monsters ever. They even beat the timber wolves in terms of sheer awesomeness. The team really outdid themselves here.
  • That action scene between the mane 6 and all those changelings… guh, I can’t even describe the awesome.
  • FlutterDash is now canon. LOL.
  • Pinkie is wielding a rapid-fire Twilight laser. My life is now complete.
  • Screw the Helements of Armory, all we need is LOVE, bitch! Seriously though, that love explosion scene was so epic. (That sounded less dirty in my head)
  • OMG, Vinyl! I’m your biggest fan!
  • Guys. Seriously. GUISE. We got to see her EYES. Someone get an HD version of this so we can see if they were red or not!

I think I got just about everything there. I don’t think I’ve given out a perfect 10/10 in any of these hastily-written episode summaries, but this one deserves it. 10 out of mother-f*ckin’ 10. Thanks to Studio B for such an awesome season, and thanks to everyone in this thread for being equally awesome!

Oh wait… I just realised something.

This means we’re now in the Second Great Pony Drought…

“No Mac, ah can’t see no ponies for miles neither…”

Anyone up for SynchTube later? I’ll start one in 45 minutes or so if anyone’s interested. For those who aren’t familiar with SynchTube, we stream FiM episodes for Pony General posters to watch, and we chat alongside it (often about crazy unrelated stuff). All are welcome, and it tends to be pretty casual, so new members are just as welcome as the oldfags.

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 06:28PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 06:24PM EDT

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I LOVED this 2 parter! AND I WANT TO GET MARRIED NOW

Apr 21, 2012 at 06:24PM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I LOVED this 2 parter! AND I WANT TO GET MARRIED NOW

I know that feel, bro.

I also want to have a daughter, or daughters, too.

AND NOT JUST SO I CAN SHOW THEM PONIES, GUISE! GOSH!

Apr 21, 2012 at 06:49PM EDT

That episode was pretty darn rad.

Apr 21, 2012 at 07:27PM EDT

ANOTHER REASON WHY I THINK CHANGELINGS CAN BE TYRANIDS!!

(Despite it is referring to zerg it changes nothing of what I meant).

Apr 21, 2012 at 07:29PM EDT

The best part of part 2 was when pinkie said “Meh, ive seen better” And grabs twilight and uses her as a gatling lazer. Oh man i need to find that image…

Apr 21, 2012 at 07:32PM EDT

All you need is a Princess Celestia toy, paint, and a drillamawhut. I think there’s some Mane 6 toys that have butterfly wings too…so maybe just rip those out and- I’m going to far with this.

Apr 21, 2012 at 07:45PM EDT

Dat finale.

I’m floored and thoroughly impressed, especially by The song at the begining of part 2. I must have listened to it a dozen times now. I love a good epic orchestra piece, and this was fucking stunning, Two Steps From Hell tier stuff.

Also I’m glad they changed things up with how the changeling queen was defeated. In any other case I would have found the whole KILL THE EVIL WITH LOVE thing to be nauseating, but this was established nicely by everything that lead up to it, captivating and not to mention a good call on studio B’s part because dropping the great evil with the elements of harmony 3 times in a row would really have been 1 time too many.

And the way it ended was pretty nice too. All in all, amazing finale, amazing season.

Apr 21, 2012 at 07:54PM EDT

aerolyt wrote:

Apr 21, 2012 at 07:55PM EDT

Dammit:

I knew I should have Spychecked more……

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 08:02PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 08:01PM EDT

Sandstone wrote:

Dammit:

Fucking

SPIES

Apr 21, 2012 at 08:04PM EDT

News just in!

Mr Poniator continues to be a pretty cool guy:

(Stoned Spike is totally best Spike. Also, lol@ Nic Cage reference)

In other news, SynchTube is now on!. Sorry for being so late with it, but I wasn’t sure if anyone was actually interested or not.

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 08:11PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 08:07PM EDT

Sandstone wrote:

Dammit:

No.

No, man, the level of spychecking you’re doing right now is fine…

Er… what do people from Brooklyn say…

Jack dat gangsta swag, funky Caucasian male.

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 08:16PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 08:15PM EDT

Dear Celestia, that finale was amazing, so much that I watched it once, then I went ahead and watched it again in 1080p.

You. Watch. 1080p. Nao.

That was awesome on so many levels. Seriously, normally I’d write more about this, but the episode was so awesome that it’s impossible to put into words. I was actually pretty scared actually watching it, fearing that the episode wouldn’t live up to all the hype and it ruin ponies for me for the rest of the summer, but they sure did deliver.

The writing was great, the songs were epic, the action scenes were brilliantly animated, the new characters were extremely well-developed and lovable, SO MUCH SHIPPING, seriously, I can’t stop heaping praise on it.

Sure, the ending seemed a bit cliché at first, but the way the writers wrote it completely made up for it. They took a cliché and made it into… this episode.

Best season finale of all time.

New favourite episode? New favourite episode.

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 08:31PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 08:26PM EDT

@Twins
I would watch it in HD, but my computer can’t handle definition of that magnitude. For real. My computer sucks.
#FirstWorldProblems

Connor, are the brony bios still up? I think it deserves some fav episode updates.

Apr 21, 2012 at 08:34PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!