Forums / Discussion / General

232,886 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9926 posts from 193 users

@I post stuff
What… on… earth…? That is extremely disturbing for some reason and yet… it's not? I don't know. I feel simultaneously like staring at it and running away to go hide in my room. WHAT IS THIS BLACK MAGIC?

Last edited Apr 27, 2012 at 02:58PM EDT

GIANTDAD wrote:

I forgot the name of the original comic of this, it's been so long sense I last checked. All I know from the art style the original, comic series are funny as all get out.

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

I forgot the name of the original comic of this, it's been so long sense I last checked. All I know from the art style the original, comic series are funny as all get out.

I think it's something like Persona Himsday comic dub. Although I'm not entirely sure about this.

GIANTDAD wrote:

You want Hiimdaisy-pony crossovers? You'll get Hiimdaisy-pony crossovers.
Large pictures embedded directly, don't click unless you want to load it.

SHE IS HALF-TREE is lifted directly from the original comic, no need to switch references here.

BUT YOU ARE A PONY! AND SHE IS A PONY! AND PONIES AND PONIES ARE ALWAYS LOVERS!
^This should be the fandom's motto…

Hiimdaisy's original parody collection
Parody's Pony parody-er devArt page.

That aside…
Congratulations Gigatoast!
However, the real winner here is US for having you posting again on our thread!

Last edited Apr 27, 2012 at 05:02PM EDT

Seems I have missed a bit.
@Bruelock & Connor
I was unsure what to think of that pic… Art's good, but suggestiveness is high…
Allow me some time to sort my mixed emotions, so I won't upvote nor neg (well, I wouldn't neg in the first place) any of it.

@Hiimdaisy crossovers
Cool!

@burning_phoenix
I love a whole lotta attack helos (and I agree, wtf with the Eurocopter), but Hinds will always have a special place in my heart…

Now, for a personal story:

An acquaintance of mine (who is an anti-brony and doesn't know I am one), started joking around about MLP. He said he could name two, and said this:
"FlutterPie and Pinkie Pie"
I kept a straigt face on the outside, but on the inside I was like:

LOL HE SHIPPED WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING IT

X wrote:

SHE IS HALF-TREE is lifted directly from the original comic, no need to switch references here.

That aside…

badsitrep wrote:

Still eagerly awaiting a Chrysalis fanfic.

Bronies, y u no be writefag?

Too busy shipping RD and the kitchen sink.

I don't really like Chrysalis enough to spend time writing a fanfic about her (especially since I'm screwing around with 10 individual stories, but that's not really why). I mean, she's cool and all, but Cadence and Shining Armor are 21% cooler.

I mean, FUCKING LOVE, man! FUCKING LOVE!

badsitrep wrote:

It takes a long time to write, bro. There's a process involved.

badsitrep wrote:

Like Fridge said, there's a process involved. Ideas, especially for a character like Chrysallis, whose background is not explored, are hard to come by.
I would work on it if I could, but I've got four fics in development and a possible fifth in process of brainstorming. So my time is pretty much eaten up.
BTW Expect the first one to be on FIMFiction by Sunday

X wrote:

That aside…

I stumbled on a image made by him and I thought this was hilarious.

Definition of Swagger.

I think I'm finally starting to get un-obsessed with Chrysalis. For one thing, I've stopped saving every picture I see of her, regardless of quality, Anyone know what I'm sayin'?

Last edited Apr 27, 2012 at 07:57PM EDT

I'm gonna continue writing. The first fic's coming along great. I'll either proofread tonight or tommorrow depending on whether on not I get done, and probably tomorrow afternoon, I will have uploaded it the the FIMFiction website (name: We'll_Never_Know). I'll go on there and post an overview of the whole four-parter on my page.
Anyway, I remembered that ship thing with Shining Armor and Cadance from before that had me at mixed emotions, and Dr. Greg just posted the humorous follow up story:

@Pyro
That pic's great, and very good stuff that Dr. Greg posted. But I ask, do you like it more just because it has flames (you're Pyro, after all), or that you really appreciate the art style?
Not accusing you, just asking

Last edited Apr 27, 2012 at 10:09PM EDT

I just thought, what are the chances of a Chrysalis figurine? If it weren't for bronies, Nightmare Moon probably wouldn't have even gotten a figurine, and now we have a part-insect character with hole-riddled limbs that would require an entirely new mold for production. The body could prove difficult to make, and the somewhat grotesque appearance isn't what Hasbro is going for with their My Little Pony line. Do you think Queen Chrysalis stands a chance in terms of marketability as a toy?

After rereading this comic, I ask, do you think the intended demographic might actually want a Queen Chrysalis? Do you think young girls have any interest in a villain toy?

On another note for those who are tired of discussing our Queen and Glorious Hivemother Chrysalis, hail to the swarm and all glory to her name, how about that Cadance, huh? Was it the same singer for both characters in "This Day Aria"? And was it the VA who did the singing? If so, Britt Mckillip is one of my new favorite VA's for the show. Dare I say, almost as good as Tabitha St. Germain. Almost.

I COULD JUST LISTEN TO HER TALK ALL DAY. GADDAMN, SERIOUSLY.

Also, fun fact, Jayson Thiessen spells it Cadence, as does We Love Fine. Who says the official spelling is Cadance? Could it be the toys are actually misnamed?

@Jackal Lantern
For the first count, I don't collect, so it doesn't affect me much. However, it would be interesting to see it on the shelves the next time I go to ToysRUs for Star Wars exclusives…
As for the second count, dunno. But all I can say is that it was damn good. So good, in fact, I can put it up there with some of my other favorite animated movie/show songs (and that list includes Disney movies!)
Third count, I dunno. I started spelling it Cadance (and remains such in the fic I've been working on), but I'll wait and see. Perhaps, spelled both ways? (like Joseph Stalin. I like spelling it Josef Stalin, but Joseph is also used. Same pronounciation, but just different spelling)

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!