Forums / General

191,440 total conversations in 5,253 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9,954 conversations with 194 participants

If there’s anything I’ve ever been butthurt about, its this image:

Actually, I find this whole damn meme offensive.

It rustles my jimmies.

May 08, 2012 at 06:38PM EDT
Quote

Isn’t the entire purpose of the internet the rustling of jimmies?

Last edited May 08, 2012 at 06:46PM EDT
May 08, 2012 at 06:43PM EDT
Quote

badsitrep, gar wrote:

Isn’t the entire purpose of the internet the rustling of jimmies?

Aye, that it is.

And I thought there was nothing that could legitimately rustle my jimmies on the Interwebs, but that meme just did it.

May 08, 2012 at 06:48PM EDT
Quote

Owens wrote:

Aye, that it is.

And I thought there was nothing that could legitimately rustle my jimmies on the Interwebs, but that meme just did it.

That meme isn’t there to make fun of people with down syndrome. Nor was it ever there to make fun of Heidi Crowter. Both are just the internet being way too ignorant.

The meme isn’t the picture of Heidi Crowter, nor that she has down syndrome. The meme is the phrase “I can count to potato”. Why do you think our article isn’t called “I can count to potato girl”, because it’s not about her. Heidi was just the first instance of the phrase and therefore the origin. It’s the internet that commonly associates her with the phrase and meme.

The purpose of that meme is to indicate a lack of intelligence, often in a joking way. That the meme is sometimes combined with people with down syndrome is because that disease simply gives the assumption that those people lack intelligence (but that doesn’t automatically mean it’s true). Plus not to forget that people on the internet are dicks, they don’t always care about ethic reasons when making a post.

Why do you think it’s also commonly combined with actors and politicians? Because those are common targets online to make fun of when it comes to a lack of intelligence. But that doesn’t mean they all are unitelligent (although some are), nor that they all have down syndrome. Not to forget that the meme is a common reply to posts that lack intelligence. But that’s to indicate that the post lacks intelligence, not that the poster possibly has down syndrome.

What I’m trying to say is that people overreact to that meme way too often.

Last edited May 08, 2012 at 07:05PM EDT
May 08, 2012 at 07:00PM EDT
Quote

OmniXVII wrote:

^That is a vandalized piece of art with a caption attempting to pander to My Little Brony’s uninformed, generalized userbase.

That site, IMO, is Memebase’s biggest mistake.

Last edited May 08, 2012 at 07:11PM EDT
May 08, 2012 at 07:09PM EDT
Quote

OmniXVII wrote:

That, my good sir, is a piece of John Joseco’s artwork. It also has a wild Pinkie Pie coming out of the middle of it. It also has a My Little Brony watermark at the bottom. I hope that answered your question.

May 08, 2012 at 07:14PM EDT
Quote

Fridge Logic wrote:

^That is a vandalized piece of art with a caption attempting to pander to My Little Brony’s uninformed, generalized userbase.

That site, IMO, is Memebase’s biggest mistake.

>2012
>Brony website
>Referring to it as a mistake
>MFW:

May 08, 2012 at 07:16PM EDT
Quote


Hmm…top 5 with a power level of 80……needs improvement. Still, better than anything else below me, like my sister. (I always was better at magic, but she won’t admit it. Jealous, aren’t we….)

May 08, 2012 at 07:17PM EDT

@Nightmare Moon:

Shining Armor’s barrier was MUCH larger than Twilight’s… Though, she might not have been throwing it out at maximum overdrive.

Then again, she does have more spells than just the barrier, so I guess that fits. I think Discord should be on par with, or stronger than, the Windigoes. They made it blizzard, while he made it rain chocolate milk, plunged the sky into darkness, turned buffaloes into ballet dancers, made slenderbunnies, etc.

I’d place him VERY close to as strong as the Elements, which are likely stronger than the Fire of Friendship. The Elements are the direct embodiment of the Magic of Friendship, while the Fire is in everypony.

I’d also place Nightmare Moon below the Power of Love. And I’d bring Luna and Celestia closer to her. NMM was just corrupted and evil, not immensely more powerful. The reason Celestia didn’t engage her was because she had planned to allow Twilight to return her to Luna.

So, I’d place Buffed Chrysalis above Nightmare Moon, if just barely.

Additionally, I’d say Star Swirl is stronger than Cadence. She hasn’t shown much magic prowess, beyond the love spell. And that’s her special talent, so it isn’t that impressive, considering Star Swirl is the most famous wizard we’ve heard of.

By that logic, I’d say Twilight and Shining are at least on par with Cadence.

I don’t doubt Trixie is technically the weakest in the bunch, as most of her abilities are just flashy magic and illusions.

So…

-Elements
-Fire
-Discord
-Windigoes
-Love
-Buffed Chrysalis
-Celestia
-Nightmare Moon
-Luna
-Chrysalis
-Star Swirl
-Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, and Cadence (contested)
-Trixie

May 08, 2012 at 07:29PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

That meme isn’t there to make fun of people with down syndrome. Nor was it ever there to make fun of Heidi Crowter. Both are just the internet being way too ignorant.

The meme isn’t the picture of Heidi Crowter, nor that she has down syndrome. The meme is the phrase “I can count to potato”. Why do you think our article isn’t called “I can count to potato girl”, because it’s not about her. Heidi was just the first instance of the phrase and therefore the origin. It’s the internet that commonly associates her with the phrase and meme.

The purpose of that meme is to indicate a lack of intelligence, often in a joking way. That the meme is sometimes combined with people with down syndrome is because that disease simply gives the assumption that those people lack intelligence (but that doesn’t automatically mean it’s true). Plus not to forget that people on the internet are dicks, they don’t always care about ethic reasons when making a post.

Why do you think it’s also commonly combined with actors and politicians? Because those are common targets online to make fun of when it comes to a lack of intelligence. But that doesn’t mean they all are unitelligent (although some are), nor that they all have down syndrome. Not to forget that the meme is a common reply to posts that lack intelligence. But that’s to indicate that the post lacks intelligence, not that the poster possibly has down syndrome.

What I’m trying to say is that people overreact to that meme way too often.

I meant this submission.

I understand where the potato phrase came from. Not concerned about that at all.

It was that spin off meme that make me /facepalm.

You’re right, of course. There’s still no reason for my jimmies to be rustled over some stupid submission. One that isn’t terribly well written, and one that isn’t confirmed, no less.

But that’s what is so confusing: they are.

Maybe I’m sick. These things never bother me.

May 08, 2012 at 07:35PM EDT
Quote

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

>2012
>Brony website
>Referring to it as a mistake
>MFW:

You do realize that it was created only as a means of capitalizing on what was and still a popular trend, don’t you? That’s what Memebase does, and that’s also why My Little Brony’s quality of content is significantly lower than other MLP fan sites.

Last edited May 08, 2012 at 07:40PM EDT
May 08, 2012 at 07:36PM EDT
Quote

Fridge Logic wrote:

You do realize that it was created only as a means of capitalizing on what was and still a popular trend, don’t you? That’s what Memebase does, and that’s also why My Little Brony’s quality of content is significantly lower than other MLP fan sites.

Borrowing from Teh Brawler here:

May 08, 2012 at 07:38PM EDT
Quote

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

Borrowing from Teh Brawler here:

Roleplaying as you now:

>Responds to a post with a dumb reaction face.

>OP comes back with a just argument.

>Responds to that post, pretends it was all a joke.

>Spaghetti bursts out of computer in a noodly torrent.

May 08, 2012 at 07:42PM EDT
Quote

Fridge Logic wrote:

Roleplaying as you now:

>Responds to a post with a dumb reaction face.

>OP comes back with a just argument.

>Responds to that post, pretends it was all a joke.

>Spaghetti bursts out of computer in a noodly torrent.

>Insulted
>I burst into treats

May 08, 2012 at 07:54PM EDT
Quote

@Lasers
Over-analyzing this a bit, aren’t we? I’m not the one who made the chart anyway. I’m just happy I’m finally better than my sister at something. DO NOT TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME. I’M STUCK ON THE MOON, I HAVE NOTHING ELSE. DO NOT RUIN THIS FOR ME.



Ah, how you all make such wonderful art of me. (I don’t think I deserve it, but whatever you want to, I’m not complaining.) It pleases me that I’m still liked by some people.


Aw, there’s so much nice art of me!

Last edited May 08, 2012 at 08:33PM EDT
May 08, 2012 at 08:03PM EDT


Some one seems to be taking speech classes from orks. O.o

May 08, 2012 at 08:04PM EDT
Quote

@Explosive Lasers

Pinkie was in a mood to post some pictures before venturing off to bed. Yes!!

Last edited May 08, 2012 at 10:16PM EDT
May 08, 2012 at 10:15PM EDT
Quote

Back Later wrote:


Hmm…top 5 with a power level of 80……needs improvement. Still, better than anything else below me, like my sister. (I always was better at magic, but she won’t admit it. Jealous, aren’t we….)

Alright, while I love this list, I have one thing I saw on it that I disagree with. (NOTE: if you want to get to my ideas for the thread, skip to the last paragraph.)

Star Swirl the Bearded is 37.5 magic power

Now I don’t know about you guys, but I love thinking about star swirls backstory, and none of that backstory involves him being weak. He’s a ancient wizard. The original gangster besides luna celestia and discord (as we know.) Star swirl dedicated his life to magic and I always pictured him as a Gandalf kinda guy. So he deserves some power.

On a constructive note, I think Ancient Equestria is awesome it’s also how it’s open to interpretation. So pony general, thoughts on old Equestria B.C.?

Last edited May 08, 2012 at 10:50PM EDT
May 08, 2012 at 10:49PM EDT
Quote

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

Old Equestria?

Oh, yes!

In the year 2572, Skynet wins a strong victory in the fight against the humans. As a last resort, a ragtag team of scientists go underground, planning to repopulate the earth when the robots have all faded away. To allow themselves to live longer so that the plan cannot be corrupted by later generations, they implant horse DNA into their systems to give them longer lives. However, as the genes spread over the hundreds of years they live, they find themselves transforming into horses instead, though still retaining their intelligence. By the time Skynet and it’s robots have deteriorated, it is 2847, and the Earth has begun to regrow plant life. The now pony scientists come up from their hiding spot, and repopulate the earth as ponies. Eventually, breakthroughs in science allow them to genetically engineer wings and horns with telepathic and telekinetic properties in their offspring, creating new species. However, not thinking about the future, the scientists do not pass on the information in an efficient manner before their deaths, and the science is lost as time passes. Eventually, the ponies forget about the time of humans, and rename Earth as Equestria.

And that’s how Equestria was made.

May 08, 2012 at 11:15PM EDT
Quote

@ Teh Brawler

And that’s how you won the internet.

Last edited May 08, 2012 at 11:30PM EDT
May 08, 2012 at 11:29PM EDT

(ship comes out of hyperspace)
sorry guys, my stay here is gonna be brief, but I couldn’t help but notice your… theories on the discovery of Equestria
So, I got some intel from the Empire to help you out:

apparently, some of my scouts found Equestria in a similar line as Earth, but in the galaxy behind it (where I hail from). It did have a barren moon (the scouts could’ve sworn they saw some sentient being on there), but other than that, it seemed coincidentally located in a position similar to Earth, so that explains that…
so, yeah, glad to see the forum running good
gotta go, bye!

May 08, 2012 at 11:30PM EDT
Quote

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

(ship comes out of hyperspace)
sorry guys, my stay here is gonna be brief, but I couldn’t help but notice your… theories on the discovery of Equestria
So, I got some intel from the Empire to help you out:

apparently, some of my scouts found Equestria in a similar line as Earth, but in the galaxy behind it (where I hail from). It did have a barren moon (the scouts could’ve sworn they saw some sentient being on there), but other than that, it seemed coincidentally located in a position similar to Earth, so that explains that…
so, yeah, glad to see the forum running good
gotta go, bye!

How come whenever I read your posts this song always comes into my head?

Regarding the topic of how Equestria was made/founded;

I personally agree with Teh Brawler with this one. Maybe we caused our own demise, and ponies came here from another planet. I don’t know. Maybe the Royal Alicorn sisters were science experiments gone wrong, and they became to powerful and overthrew the human race. Maybe Equestria exists in an alternate dimension. It really makes you think.

Or maybe it could do with this.

Last edited May 08, 2012 at 11:58PM EDT
May 08, 2012 at 11:48PM EDT
Quote

@Zarathh
Don’t worry, I’ll be around the galaxy(/-ies):

you’d be suprised how much the Emperor gives me to conquer…
in fact…
you could say I’ve already made a prescence on Equestria…


Last edited May 09, 2012 at 12:02AM EDT
May 08, 2012 at 11:59PM EDT
Quote

Equestrian history in nutshell:
(Do note, when the Original Beings find they have created all the can for their world, they are reborn into new deities. Think of it like phoenixes.)

BS (Before Sentience) longer than known: Two ideas, matter and antimatter appear. For many billions of years they battle, creating the known universe. When their task is done, they are reborn into two new forms.

BS 8000000-12000: Lithus and Aqua, the new forms, form the matter left from their ancestors into the stars and planets.

BS 12000-0: The forms are reborn again. They represent Life and Death. Life creates countless
species, and Death refines the order so the strongest survive. At BS 0, they are reborn, but leave some of their creations with intelligence. Amongst these species are the ponies, dragons, griffins, and the great lizards (and several more).

KH (Known History) 0-4000: The reborn forms take the shape of the ponies, one of the planets dominant species, and become Alicorns. These sisters represent Summer and Winter and they watch over their subjects. Many societies develop.

KH 4000-7846(present day): At 4000, the Alicorns are reborn once again as the Sun and Moon, Celestia and Luna. During the War of 4K, the great lizards are said to have been wiped out by Celestia.

And that theres a big steaming pile of headcannon.

May 09, 2012 at 01:24AM EDT

Another World of Tanks Crossover but this one needs a little explanation:

Larger but short barreled guns in the game that are designed to use explosive power instead of Armour piercing (raw power over technique essentially) are usually designated Howitzers in real life but in World of Tanks these guns are called “Derp Guns” on the basis of their low accuracy.

The biggest most feared Derp Gun was the M-10T 152mm Howitzer mounted on a Tier 5 Heavy tank: The Russian KV-2. It was so powerful, it can damage tanks far above it’s tier and was quite OP.


.
.
.
.
Of course, being a game full of bronies I’m surprised it took this long for someone to make pic of Derpy riding a KV-2:

Also, if you want Derpy colors on your tank ingame….

May 09, 2012 at 06:16AM EDT
Quote

It took me a while to remember “Big Mac” and “Scootaloo” burgers. :(

But dayum, even in a burger, Scootaloo looks cute as fuck.

May 09, 2012 at 08:27AM EDT
Quote

burning_phoneix wrote:

Another World of Tanks Crossover but this one needs a little explanation:

Larger but short barreled guns in the game that are designed to use explosive power instead of Armour piercing (raw power over technique essentially) are usually designated Howitzers in real life but in World of Tanks these guns are called “Derp Guns” on the basis of their low accuracy.

The biggest most feared Derp Gun was the M-10T 152mm Howitzer mounted on a Tier 5 Heavy tank: The Russian KV-2. It was so powerful, it can damage tanks far above it’s tier and was quite OP.


.
.
.
.
Of course, being a game full of bronies I’m surprised it took this long for someone to make pic of Derpy riding a KV-2:

Also, if you want Derpy colors on your tank ingame….

Very tempted to play this game.

Also, this is kind of relevant:

@burning_phoenix
Oops! I derped and deleted my post. I feel so stupid right now…

Thats the pic I deleted if anyone wonders.

But yeah, there’s also Taco Belle:

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 08:54AM EDT
May 09, 2012 at 08:29AM EDT
Quote

I post stuff said:

But yeah, there’s also Taco Belle:

Perfect segue… I just found a fanfic I wanted to share with you all. Trust me when I say, this is a must-read. I don’t even read fanfiction! But when I do, it’s about tacos.

May 09, 2012 at 11:39AM EDT
Quote

Kim Jong Washes Hands wrote:

I like turtles

someone cross a pony with a turtle pls

As close as I can get I’m afraid.

May 09, 2012 at 11:55AM EDT
Quote

Trash Boat is (spoiler) W.W. wrote:

@Explosive Lasers.
Can you give some details than? I’m taking from the picture you think our world was over thrown.

As humanity grew more and more, so did our pollution. We eventually started killing the world. Plants died, animals died, the skies burned with acid rain, and the world slowly fell into disrepair.

To amend this problem, scientists turned to teraforming, splicing genes, cloning, and using other methods to create a species capable of fixing the many problems. To further solve the problems, they began testing on the surviving animals, increasing their intellect. They spliced genes to make animals better suited to survive the harsh conditions, so life could continue.

Eventually, the species developed for teraforming became as intelligent as humanity, if less advanced. Seeing that humanity was just going to continue killing the world, the species overthrew them, and entrapped those that survived the near-apocalypse in a massive prison dubbed Tartarus.

Guards were placed on them, giving them the mercy of life, but the curse of eternal imprisonment. The species, naming themselves ponies after one of the many species driven extinct by the near-apocalypse, wiped the memory of humanity away, replacing it with the new world. Slowly, their genes diluted. Instead of every pony having a horn and wings, some had only one, or none at all.

They retained their abilities to control weather, plants, animals, and ‘magic’, stewarding the world.

The other species created by humanity splicing genes remained: griffons, minotaurs, and others.

Edit: Also, I read that fanfic that was posted. Read it, you fuckers. It is the most epic, awesome, sexy thing of all time.

I grew a mustache reading it.

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 01:03PM EDT
May 09, 2012 at 01:00PM EDT
Quote

@StarGazer:
>Mfw I saw that video

I mean seriously, did they even watch the show? Don’t judge a book by its cover, and that’s exactly what they did. These are exactly the kind of people that I hate strongly dislike in this country. But in all seriousness I gotta say, it’s amazing how uninformed these people are, I for one find it hilarious, it’s like watching five year olds discussing third world economical politics. Oh well, what can you say about a bunch of uninformed news reporters?

EDIT: Tara strong said this about that “broadcast” earlier on her twitter, and I quote, "I just love how these “newscasters”, researchers, r commenting on a show they admit they’ve never watched"
Even Tara Strong thinks that was stupid. Their arguments are invalid.

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 01:09PM EDT
May 09, 2012 at 01:04PM EDT
Quote

Algernon wrote:

Season 2 in a nutshell:

>Ponychan in a nutshell

May 09, 2012 at 02:32PM EDT
Quote

Algernon wrote:

Season 2 in a nutshell:

If anyone counts exactly how many times pony was said, I will give them a cookie. Or a hug. Or maybe a cake. Probably a cake.

May 09, 2012 at 03:55PM EDT
Quote

aerolyt wrote:

>mfw this video

Did they only just notice the brony phenomenon? Those folks are so fast!

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 03:58PM EDT
May 09, 2012 at 03:57PM EDT
Quote

MFW> I watch the video.

I think it’s kinda sad on how little they know about what their talking about. It’s almost sad.

May 09, 2012 at 04:07PM EDT

(comes out of hyperspace)
We came as soon as we could, after hearing the alarms sound.

So, those guys in the video are being ignorant…

Let them hate us, as long as they fear us…

…before I leave once more, Equestria was not conquered. Rather, I decided to put a military outopost there, and a recruiting station for the Outlander Corps (my joint Empire-Mandalorian force, made up of volunteers from across the galaxy(-ies).
Managed to get Fluttershy to join, though she didn’t really like the Imperial armor…

…so we gave her Mandalorian so it’s all good:


@Explosive
so they have…

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 05:09PM EDT
May 09, 2012 at 05:08PM EDT
Quote

@Popper:

You managed to get Fluttershy to join a military establishment… AND you’re the Empire?

>MFW:

Did you use some form of science on her?

Or alcohol? Because that worked for me…

May 09, 2012 at 05:15PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!