Forums / Discussion / General

232,891 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9926 posts from 193 users

Equestrian history in nutshell:
(Do note, when the Original Beings find they have created all the can for their world, they are reborn into new deities. Think of it like phoenixes.)

BS (Before Sentience) longer than known: Two ideas, matter and antimatter appear. For many billions of years they battle, creating the known universe. When their task is done, they are reborn into two new forms.

BS 8000000-12000: Lithus and Aqua, the new forms, form the matter left from their ancestors into the stars and planets.

BS 12000-0: The forms are reborn again. They represent Life and Death. Life creates countless
species, and Death refines the order so the strongest survive. At BS 0, they are reborn, but leave some of their creations with intelligence. Amongst these species are the ponies, dragons, griffins, and the great lizards (and several more).

KH (Known History) 0-4000: The reborn forms take the shape of the ponies, one of the planets dominant species, and become Alicorns. These sisters represent Summer and Winter and they watch over their subjects. Many societies develop.

KH 4000-7846(present day): At 4000, the Alicorns are reborn once again as the Sun and Moon, Celestia and Luna. During the War of 4K, the great lizards are said to have been wiped out by Celestia.

And that theres a big steaming pile of headcannon.

Another World of Tanks Crossover but this one needs a little explanation:

Larger but short barreled guns in the game that are designed to use explosive power instead of Armour piercing (raw power over technique essentially) are usually designated Howitzers in real life but in World of Tanks these guns are called "Derp Guns" on the basis of their low accuracy.

The biggest most feared Derp Gun was the M-10T 152mm Howitzer mounted on a Tier 5 Heavy tank: The Russian KV-2. It was so powerful, it can damage tanks far above it's tier and was quite OP.

Of course, being a game full of bronies I'm surprised it took this long for someone to make pic of Derpy riding a KV-2:

Also, if you want Derpy colors on your tank ingame….

It took me a while to remember "Big Mac" and "Scootaloo" burgers. :(

But dayum, even in a burger, Scootaloo looks cute as fuck.

burning_phoneix wrote:

Another World of Tanks Crossover but this one needs a little explanation:

Larger but short barreled guns in the game that are designed to use explosive power instead of Armour piercing (raw power over technique essentially) are usually designated Howitzers in real life but in World of Tanks these guns are called "Derp Guns" on the basis of their low accuracy.

The biggest most feared Derp Gun was the M-10T 152mm Howitzer mounted on a Tier 5 Heavy tank: The Russian KV-2. It was so powerful, it can damage tanks far above it's tier and was quite OP.

Of course, being a game full of bronies I'm surprised it took this long for someone to make pic of Derpy riding a KV-2:

Also, if you want Derpy colors on your tank ingame….

Very tempted to play this game.

Also, this is kind of relevant:

@burning_phoenix
Oops! I derped and deleted my post. I feel so stupid right now…

Thats the pic I deleted if anyone wonders.

But yeah, there's also Taco Belle:

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 08:54AM EDT

Trash Boat is (spoiler) W.W. wrote:

@Explosive Lasers.
Can you give some details than? I'm taking from the picture you think our world was over thrown.

As humanity grew more and more, so did our pollution. We eventually started killing the world. Plants died, animals died, the skies burned with acid rain, and the world slowly fell into disrepair.

To amend this problem, scientists turned to teraforming, splicing genes, cloning, and using other methods to create a species capable of fixing the many problems. To further solve the problems, they began testing on the surviving animals, increasing their intellect. They spliced genes to make animals better suited to survive the harsh conditions, so life could continue.

Eventually, the species developed for teraforming became as intelligent as humanity, if less advanced. Seeing that humanity was just going to continue killing the world, the species overthrew them, and entrapped those that survived the near-apocalypse in a massive prison dubbed Tartarus.

Guards were placed on them, giving them the mercy of life, but the curse of eternal imprisonment. The species, naming themselves ponies after one of the many species driven extinct by the near-apocalypse, wiped the memory of humanity away, replacing it with the new world. Slowly, their genes diluted. Instead of every pony having a horn and wings, some had only one, or none at all.

They retained their abilities to control weather, plants, animals, and 'magic', stewarding the world.

The other species created by humanity splicing genes remained: griffons, minotaurs, and others.

Edit: Also, I read that fanfic that was posted. Read it, you fuckers. It is the most epic, awesome, sexy thing of all time.

I grew a mustache reading it.

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 01:03PM EDT

@StarGazer:
>Mfw I saw that video

I mean seriously, did they even watch the show? Don't judge a book by its cover, and that's exactly what they did. These are exactly the kind of people that I hate strongly dislike in this country. But in all seriousness I gotta say, it's amazing how uninformed these people are, I for one find it hilarious, it's like watching five year olds discussing third world economical politics. Oh well, what can you say about a bunch of uninformed news reporters?

EDIT: Tara strong said this about that "broadcast" earlier on her twitter, and I quote, "I just love how these "newscasters", researchers, r commenting on a show they admit they've never watched"
Even Tara Strong thinks that was stupid. Their arguments are invalid.

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 01:09PM EDT

Algernon wrote:

Season 2 in a nutshell:

If anyone counts exactly how many times pony was said, I will give them a cookie. Or a hug. Or maybe a cake. Probably a cake.

(comes out of hyperspace)
We came as soon as we could, after hearing the alarms sound.

So, those guys in the video are being ignorant…

Let them hate us, as long as they fear us…

…before I leave once more, Equestria was not conquered. Rather, I decided to put a military outopost there, and a recruiting station for the Outlander Corps (my joint Empire-Mandalorian force, made up of volunteers from across the galaxy(-ies).
Managed to get Fluttershy to join, though she didn't really like the Imperial armor…

…so we gave her Mandalorian so it's all good:

@Explosive
so they have…

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 05:09PM EDT

@Zarathh
Pinkie has been thinking what is with this popularity of the "duck face".

Even Dashie is doing it! Yes!
PINKIE MUST KNOW WHY IT HAS COME TO BE!!!
Is it because we are practicing to become ducks to infiltrate into their nation and take them over by surprise? NO!

There is much more to this fad then simple over throw of another civilization. Unless…..
Is it the next stage of pony evolution? PINKIE WILL DO FURTHER RESEARCH!
Pinkamena Diane Pie: SCOOTALOO!
Scootaloo: What?
Pinkamena Diane Pie: WE WILL BE HEADING OUT AND MEETING SOME OF YOUR PEOPLE! THEN THE NEXT DARK HARVEST WILL BEGIN!

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 05:35PM EDT

@Pinkamina:
Ah yes, Ms Pinkamina. The "Duck face" fad is becoming popular with people and ponies alike. I have no clue where it originated from. But if this is the next stage of pony evolution that could be a sign of the apocalypse… I will help you research, Ms Pinkamina!
Even the Royal Princesses are participating in it!

On a side note, why do I always read your posts in the voice of this Pinkie?

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 05:46PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

@Pinkamina:
Ah yes, Ms Pinkamina. The "Duck face" fad is becoming popular with people and ponies alike. I have no clue where it originated from. But if this is the next stage of pony evolution that could be a sign of the apocalypse… I will help you research, Ms Pinkamina!
Even the Royal Princesses are participating in it!

On a side note, why do I always read your posts in the voice of this Pinkie?

Why thank you for the asist-

YOU DISCOVERED THE MY LOCATION! AND MANAGE TO GET IT ON FILM!

Now Pinkie needs to "bake" more pastries!
[[But yes that is the Pinkie I am trying to impersonate]].

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 05:50PM EDT

We know Pinkimena's location?
MANDALORIANS!
GO GO GO! SECURE THE QUEEN!

(recovers Chrysallis from Pinkimena)
Quick get to the ships!
(boards ships; take off)
to the moon, quick!
(flies off planet)
(panting) Nightmare, take good care of her (hands Chrysallis over)
I've gotta go…
(ships take off; jump to lightspeed, far away…)

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 06:28PM EDT

So it started reading deathnote equestria and let me just begin by saying that the only thing I knew about the anime/manga was the potato chip thing. Anyways, I gotta say that I'm getting pretty mad at twilight. I'm not quite on the L's side just yet because 1) it's twilight 2) I can understand where she is coming from, I mean, some people just don't deserve to live anymore in my opinion( which is why I love dexter and sided with Gerard butler in law abiding citizen to name a few). Still, twilight is on some kind of power trip it seems. She is killing like crazy and shows no remorse when she kills the innocents tracking her down. That's what bothers me. I guess it is partly do to the fact that with the deathnote, you only have to write the victims name down. You are so detached from the persons death that it leaves you with a god complex. So much power that it corrupts. It's not like how dexter has to work for the kill and ultimately stab his victim, seeing first hand all the emotions. The user of deathnote is emotionally detached from the ordeal. I hope twilight doesn't share the same fate as whatever his name is, but I don't know how she can live with the blood of good ponies on her hands.

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 07:55PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

Be careful Twilight… I think she's about to snap. But Dashie, is there something you're not telling us?

Pinkie thinks its best for not only YOU but ALL OF YOU to watch this video of what actually happened. Yes!

Because that blasted filthy Pegasus won't leave me alone about it!

@Pinkamina:

So… I tried baking myself…

Are heads supposed to melt when you cook them in batter?

@Nightmare Moon:

That was some serious nostalgia there…

@Dac:

Twilight performing murder?

So, anyways, I just finished reading the entire TVtropes page for TF2, as well as all the comics.

I can safely say something with full confidence:

SAAAAAAAXTOOOON HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALE!!!!!!!!

@Dac-attack

Funny is that the choosing of a side is an issue with most of the Death Note fans. The anime is really the same. Light Yagami receives the Death Note and wants to cleanse the world of evil by killing all the criminals through the death note, creating a world without crime where he will be a god.

So you can see how that creates issues with the fans. Criminals deserve punishment, but is Light's way really the correct one? I won't continue to discuss this now, as it's a pony thread.

But yeah, as you described some stuff, that's the same as in the anime/manga. Light goes on a power trip (wanting to become a god) and kills with no remorse, getting him more corrupted over time. The creator of that fanfic of course wanted to put that element in the fic. You can't claim it a Death Note parody without those elements being present.

But I really recommend you to watch the anime some day. I personally loved it, simply because of the atmosphere they created. It's also the only anime where I recommend the English voices. For some reason, to me, those do a great part to the atmosphere.

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 08:45PM EDT

@randomMan
I've never been a fan of anime besides Pokemon, but that is one of my favorite topics( vigilante justice and the moral issues behind it) so I'll give it a shot.
Just to make it clear, I'm on twilights side, but I'm still slightly bothered by some of her actions.

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 08:59PM EDT

Dac wrote:

@randomMan
I've never been a fan of anime besides Pokemon, but that is one of my favorite topics( vigilante justice and the moral issues behind it) so I'll give it a shot.
Just to make it clear, I'm on twilights side, but I'm still slightly bothered by some of her actions.

Most fans are on Light's side, even if they don't agree with everything he does. He is still the main character of the show. But to call him a protagonist or antagonist is a different thing.

And don't worry about your dislike in anime, the show doesn't use the stereotypical anime style (big eyes and stuff), nor is it "moe" or "kawaii".

See.

But if you have questions or anything about it, feel free to post on my wall or send me a PM.

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 09:08PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Most fans are on Light's side, even if they don't agree with everything he does. He is still the main character of the show. But to call him a protagonist or antagonist is a different thing.

And don't worry about your dislike in anime, the show doesn't use the stereotypical anime style (big eyes and stuff), nor is it "moe" or "kawaii".

See.

But if you have questions or anything about it, feel free to post on my wall or send me a PM.

Light's fun to root for, but L is the best character. He was awesome, mysterious, insightful, and a down right genius. The way light beat him was awesome, but ever since then, I haven't been motivated to read/watch the rest.

tl;dr L is a awesome character, anime or not.

Any way, this is a pony thread right?

Here have this, it should make a easy transition.

off topic!

LUNAR DAWN UPDATE

Just fair warning: as the story's coming along, it's NOT a direct-adaptation. Rather, the story is going to be, if anything, loosely based on Red Dawn, to explain things better and also for dramatic effect and artistic license. So, there will be little word-from-word dialogue, and some added stuff. However, I assure you it will be great. Most of the changes dealt with making the plot of Red Dawn (if any of you saw the movie, you would say it wasn't the greatest movie ever…), so, most story elements are still there, but don't be surprised if an even is added or one is changed (not much) to fit the setting more.

oh, and I saw this:

haters can't say anything now. She's human, and:

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 09:59PM EDT

Trash Boat is (spoiler) W.W. wrote:

Light's fun to root for, but L is the best character. He was awesome, mysterious, insightful, and a down right genius. The way light beat him was awesome, but ever since then, I haven't been motivated to read/watch the rest.

tl;dr L is a awesome character, anime or not.

Any way, this is a pony thread right?

Here have this, it should make a easy transition.

Oh, come on Light's dad, don't be so flabbesgasted.

After all, even some of the MLP staff would take a peak at similar stuff LOL

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 09:50PM EDT

null wrote:

>mfw this video

That's funny. It sounds like you actually expect news stations to do their research.

Regarding Dac and Death Note Equestria:

I haven't read the fic, but I've seen a good bit of the anime (up to that one certain part with L), and that's one of the themes in the series. If anything, that's a sign the author is doing his part pretty well.

I've only seen three animes total. But Death Note is very serious and dark, unlike other animes. So I'd recommend it as well.

Alex S. made a remix to his "Party With Pinkie" song. Since I've seen the original posted on the PG's about 5 times, I thought you people would want to know. He added "Smile" and some other Pinkie songs to it basically. I haven't listened to it yet, I just saw this on my youtube page and decided to put it here.

How did they manage to find Pinkie making the duck face?

I honestly don't remember doing such a thing!
But alas I must put this aside for now. Yes!

Pinkie is not fluffy. Or remember of being fluffy either.
Also who are these "humans" this picture speak of?
Lyra must have been onto something when she was trying to make that warp gate made out of hands.

Muffins wrote:

That's funny. It sounds like you actually expect news stations to do their research.

Regarding Dac and Death Note Equestria:

I haven't read the fic, but I've seen a good bit of the anime (up to that one certain part with L), and that's one of the themes in the series. If anything, that's a sign the author is doing his part pretty well.

I've only seen three animes total. But Death Note is very serious and dark, unlike other animes. So I'd recommend it as well.

Alex S. made a remix to his "Party With Pinkie" song. Since I've seen the original posted on the PG's about 5 times, I thought you people would want to know. He added "Smile" and some other Pinkie songs to it basically. I haven't listened to it yet, I just saw this on my youtube page and decided to put it here.

that song was awesome

also, LOOK AT THIS COMIC!

Zoom. Enhance

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 10:40PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!