170,266 total conversations in 5,454 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users

Joe Amethyst wrote:

@Mr. RandomMan

“Ponification” seems like it’s more of a whole separate idea away from the main MLP entry. I think it deserves a whole new entry, because of the potential behind it. It’s like having a rules of the internet entry, and then making a different entry for specific rules.

Edit: It could be a sub-entry, just like all the other ones (example below), but I guess that’s what you had in mind.

It’s MLP related, of course I’ll add it as a sub-meme. Was the plan from the beginning.

But good to know people agree. I’ll go dig up some info.

May 15, 2012 at 05:32PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

Hey, we also have Commander Shepard. Don’t forget about him.

Hey wait,

If we already have Seth Green (aka Joker) and Commander Shepard………..
Is it possible we could get the entire of crew of the SSV Normandy to become bronies?

May 15, 2012 at 05:58PM EDT

badsitrep wrote:

Hey wait,

If we already have Seth Green (aka Joker) and Commander Shepard………..
Is it possible we could get the entire of crew of the SSV Normandy to become bronies?

Zaeed likes ponies, too.

But I guess he isn’t on the Normandy anymore, technically…

May 15, 2012 at 06:03PM EDT

Lets throw a Pony Party!!!

So… many…. GIFs…

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 06:32PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 06:30PM EDT

I’m not exactly sure how to report images but can someone get this trollpic off KYM?

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/305275-toddler-hit-and-run-tragedy-wang-yue

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 06:36PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 06:35PM EDT

@Cheesestick: I believe that this music is needed for the situation.

May 15, 2012 at 06:41PM EDT

I must say something:
It’s been… hell, I don’t know how long since I’ve joined this forum. I first arrived on unfortunate circumstances, and probably did not give a good first impression. I’m sorry. When I started to start being here without discussing… the event… then I started to enjoy it here. I thought it was pretty neat. Even when that topic came up again, and my subsequent withdrawl, I still came back, met with open arms.
So, thank you all. I know I’ve messed up here before, and I do not intend to repeat the same mistakes. But just thank you for allowing me back, and to welcome me here. All of you are great.
And also, sorry if I come off to be a narcsistic asshole. I’ll try to be a little more humble…

Tl;Dr; This forum’s great, and thank you all for having me.
--
Also, I must announce that I will be in several different locations a lot in the coming months, so I’ll be off the forums during these times. But I’ll look forward to see what went on during these times.
And Nightmare Moon, send my love and regard to Chrysallis please…:)

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 06:42PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 06:42PM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

I’m not exactly sure how to report images but can someone get this trollpic off KYM?

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/305275-toddler-hit-and-run-tragedy-wang-yue

removed

May 15, 2012 at 06:44PM EDT

The best duck face you will ever see.

Also We have to keep this party going.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 06:57PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 06:50PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

I guess Derpy partied too…..
puts on sunglasses
Hard.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 07:08PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 07:07PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

But seriously, bravo good sir. Dunno what was troll and what not, but 10/10.

Thank you RandomMan! I greatly value your 10/10.

About the question. I added some unnecessary cheesiness to troll. Other than that, that’s totally what I would do. In real life I don’t obsess over ponies, but put in a situation with fluttershy…

Yeah that story was honest. I’m not a sexual deviant though, trust me.

My first instinct would have me freak out that she was real. I would want to just run up to her and hug her. That would scare her off though. So I would do something clever and romantic to have her come to me.

HEY PONY GENERAL READ THE QUESTION BELOW ITS FOR YOU AND I WANT YOUR OPINION

If that situation happened, do you think fluttershy would actually go with me? I know her character really well so I think yes. If you haven’t read my theoretical plan, it’s on the last page.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 07:39PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 07:38PM EDT

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

I must say something:
It’s been… hell, I don’t know how long since I’ve joined this forum. I first arrived on unfortunate circumstances, and probably did not give a good first impression. I’m sorry. When I started to start being here without discussing… the event… then I started to enjoy it here. I thought it was pretty neat. Even when that topic came up again, and my subsequent withdrawl, I still came back, met with open arms.
So, thank you all. I know I’ve messed up here before, and I do not intend to repeat the same mistakes. But just thank you for allowing me back, and to welcome me here. All of you are great.
And also, sorry if I come off to be a narcsistic asshole. I’ll try to be a little more humble…

Tl;Dr; This forum’s great, and thank you all for having me.
--
Also, I must announce that I will be in several different locations a lot in the coming months, so I’ll be off the forums during these times. But I’ll look forward to see what went on during these times.
And Nightmare Moon, send my love and regard to Chrysallis please…:)

Trash Boat wrote:

If that situation happened, do you think fluttershy would actually go with me? I know her character really well so I think yes. If you haven’t read my theoretical plan, it’s on the last page.

You expect a girl that shy to open up that fast?

May 15, 2012 at 08:10PM EDT

Trash Boat wrote:

You may want to read this story and go down the route of seducing Fluttershy at her cottage.

May 15, 2012 at 08:41PM EDT

@Trash Boat
Hmm….probably not the best idea. She tends to be timid and afraid, and will probably not like how close you’re getting. And if she doesn’t like something, she snaps the neck of it. Like that bear. You don’t want to end up like the bear.

WE DID NOTHING. NOTHING.
Now, please give me the tapes or I will not hesitate to destroy you along with them……

May 15, 2012 at 08:48PM EDT

Top reason why I want to learn how to use photoshop.

May 15, 2012 at 08:52PM EDT

I am Just curious on your stance on the Care Bears remake by the Hub.

1) Do you think the Hub is trying to leach of the success of MLP?
2) Will the show be sucessful? Explain why or why not?
3) Will we all be converted into “Belly Bros”?

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 09:38PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 09:37PM EDT

Tim the Enchanter wrote:

This made me piss my pants.
I saw the commercials for this while watching the Royal Wedding, and I wanted to shoot myself in the face. I thought it was horrible, overly corny, and just bad voice acting. Followed by more horribleness. I suppose that horrible host lady that they had (what ever her name was) might have soured me a bit, but it still looked like a show for 2 year olds, not 9 year old girls.

And the names they already gave us? Belly Bros? Care Dudes? Seriously?

I don’t think a 3d animation series about fluffy bears can match the badassery of ponies.

May 15, 2012 at 09:44PM EDT

Tim the Enchanter wrote:

You can like whatever you please. However, I think everyone here can see that this is just leaching off this show’s success; good luck making us like this, HUB, assuming this image is legitimate.

The show’s success could be good, I suppose. Probably not; just LOOK at that girl’s eyes in the screenshot. That is some creepy animation. If THAT is the style the show will be animated with, I think I’ll pass.

No, we will not all be converted into “Belly Bros.” All is a big word. SOME probably would, but I just can’t see many people following that show; just from that screenshot, I can tell it has a high chance of being that which MLP FiM strives to avoid; excessively girly.

So fear not, friend; if that show ever develops a fanbase, it will never be as great as the one we currently reside in. It may just have a fanbase that exists for the lulz.

May 15, 2012 at 09:49PM EDT

@Monty Python
1) I don’t think so. Considering (as far as I know), it’s not the same crew making the show,and they’re the ones who make MLP:FIM amazing

2) Probably not, or at least not onto MLP standards.Remember, the writing style and the animation is what sold us onto FIM. With those two key factors lacking, it probably won’t be too popular out of the little girl demographic.

3)

I’d rather go into a Sarlaac Pit

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 09:53PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 09:51PM EDT

@MontyPython

The new bronies: Male fans of the Care Bears in the age group of 9-14, instead of 14-85 with the old bronies.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 10:13PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 09:51PM EDT

@Monty’s topic
This is the Cartoon Brew article Monty is referring to.

Also, this is the sneak-peek for the show:

1) They are most definitely leaching off the success of MLP, but understandably so. From what I hear, the Hub isn’t doing too well, and I can understand why. Other than MLP (and maybe Dan VS, from what I hear), the other shows, lets just say, are less than satisfactory. When I used to watch the new episodes live on Bronystate, we would first have to watch through the end of Strawberry Shortcake. And it was exactly what’d you’d expect from a show made for little girls, it had corny voice acting, horrible animation, etc. This may seem like an incredibly desperate move by Hasbro, but it is desperate times for the Hub.

2) I don’t think so. The main reason why MLP gained such following by males is because Lauren Faust carefully designed it to be gender neutral, much like her other cartoons. After watching the sneak peek, it doesn’t look like the show is heading in the same direction. Faust was an expert at doing this, simply mimicing MLP isn’t going to do it.

Also, from reading the comments in that video, a lot of people say no.

3) I highly, highly doubt it. Meaning: Ha ha, no. My main reasons for liking MLP is the animation (which Carebears may or may not have, you can’t tell at this point) and more importantly, the characters. I know it sounds typical, but I am a sucker for strong, well-built protagonists. And from the sneak peek, it does not look like that.

Then again, I didn’t expect to like MLP so much either.

I wonder how the author of the original Cartoon Brew Hub article feels about starting the MLP craze.

Obligatory image I attach to all my big posts:

Please try to avert your eyes from RD’s posterior. Thank you.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 10:18PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 10:03PM EDT

@Care bears
Yeah, thats gonna be a no. Half of the reason I like MLP is how cute the characters look and the animation in general, something that screenshot is lacking. They can’t expect all of their girly kid shows to be hits with adult males.
EDIT:wha….? Who down voted me?

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 10:14PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 10:03PM EDT

@Care Bears

It just won’t work out; I guarantee it.

Anyone got any happy, cute things to post? I’m feeling kinda down today.

May 15, 2012 at 10:09PM EDT

The quoted post has been deleted.

Done, I will also make the official Belly Bros logo. Also I will provide cookies and Kool Aid in the corner.

May 15, 2012 at 10:13PM EDT

The care bears have marks much like the other ponies…
They will be a great additions to Pinkie’s new “dresses” she has planned to make!
But I must monitor them afar and see what strategy is best to have them to be captured. Yes!
And remember!:

You don’t want to anger big sister either…

If you value your life span.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 10:24PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 10:21PM EDT

@Popper:

I watched that first gif for three minutes.

Thank you.

@Fridge:

I warned you about cupcakes!

I WARNED YOU, BRO!

@Muffinator:

Deepest regrets. That picture’s intense, gripping plot was too much to handle.

@Pinkamina:

Hm…

Not sure if troll…

Or just serial killer.

May 15, 2012 at 10:30PM EDT

You know, if enough of us make a big enough negative reaction towards a care bear fandom. 4chan might just be spiteful enough to make one purely to piss everybody off

We’ll have belly dudes in no time spamming care bear quotes and using care bear avatars. Care bear image macro’s will flood /co/. Bronies will declare war. Moot bans everybody and then makes a /carebear/ board one year later.

I wish I was joking.

May 15, 2012 at 10:31PM EDT

Regarding the topic of Care Bears and that guy who wrote the article;

But really, I don’t think the Care Bears will become as popular as MLP. If some freak miracle happens and it does become as popular as MLP, I won’t be against it. I was never an anti-anything. I accepted people for who they are, and what they liked. I just wish that some people would do the same for us.

On an unrelated note, have some epic beats made by the General himself!

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 11:05PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 10:36PM EDT

You know what, Ivan is right. Care bears is going to be the biggest thing ever, bigger than MLP.

I can hardly wait for the care bear version of Cupcakes.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 10:47PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 10:36PM EDT

So, I’d like to start a new topic.

As much as we want it to last forever, all good things must come to an end, and that includes FiM. Of course, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have to end with a bang. Which brings me to my point:

Eventually, the show will have to make a transition to film.

Right now, all Hasbro wants from Studio B is Slice of Life. That’s all well and good, but we’ve all seen what the staff can do with an extended story in the space of an hour. What if we gave them two? Eventually, Hasbro will have to catch on to the veritable gold mine that is the brony phenomenon, and they’ll want to capitalize on it by giving them what they want. The best way they can do this is with a movie. A movie that bronies will see in droves on opening night, and then go back to again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again until it’s the most successful animated film of all time. And then it’ll be put out on DVD, where it’ll sell out in stores faster than Diablo III did earlier today. And rinse. And repeat, until everyone’s sick of it, which will never happen.

Six seasons and a movie, guys. That’s what needs to happen.

And that’s how Equestria was made.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 10:39PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 10:38PM EDT

Muffins Wrote:

From what I hear, the Hub isn’t doing too well, and I can understand why. Other than MLP (and maybe Dan VS, from what I hear), the other shows, lets just say, are less than satisfactory. When I used to watch the new episodes live on Bronystate, we would first have to watch through the end of Strawberry Shortcake. And it was exactly what’d you’d expect from a show made for little girls, it had corny voice acting, horrible animation, etc. This may seem like an incredibly desperate move by Hasbro, but it is desperate times for the Hub.

NOPE

If you read the Hasbro financial reports, the Hub is doing well. Transformers Prime, My Little Pony, Dan Vs. and Aquabats are the standout performers.

Is The HUB profitable? No actually it is not. But that’s a business strategy, to make money you got to spend money. One of the big reasons most new business ventures fail is that people expect to make money straight away, which isn’t the case. You have to factor in that you’re muscling market share from other people and that takes time and money.

A good example is Microsoft’s Xbox, It did not start making money until the Xbox 360 came out. That’s right, Microsoft lost money on the Original Xbox. It’s just the way business goes.

This also goes double for TV Networks: You need ads to make money, but first you need ratings to get ads. So you’re gonna lose money till advertisers see value in your ad slots. And considering that the Hub is owned by Hasbro, Mattel and LEGO are not advertising on that channel.

May 15, 2012 at 10:46PM EDT

Off topic
For anyone who’s interested…

LUNAR DAWN PART 1 IS UP!
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/26328/Lunar-Dawn

…unfortunately, after the fact, pt. 1 will receive an update either later tonight or tomorrow, as I left out a few sections at the end. I’m scrambling to restore and write them…
However, you can see right now if you wish

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 10:56PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 10:55PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

As much as we want it to last forever, all good things must come to an end, and that includes FiM. Of course, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have to end with a bang. Which brings me to my point:

Right now, all Hasbro wants from Studio B is Slice of Life. That’s all well and good, but we’ve all seen what the staff can do with an extended story in the space of an hour. What if we gave them two? Eventually, Hasbro will have to catch on to the veritable gold mine that is the brony phenomenon, and they’ll want to capitalize on it by giving them what they want. The best way they can do this is with a movie. A movie that bronies will see in droves on opening night, and then go back to again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again until it’s the most successful animated film of all time. And then it’ll be put out on DVD, where it’ll sell out in stores faster than Diablo III did earlier today. And rinse. And repeat, until everyone’s sick of it, which will never happen.

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes
I know one thing about a project like this, it would be the prefect way (and possibly, only perfect option) for MLP to end. I would be willing to fund my life saving to a legit movie. Maybe it could be one of those “one night only things” in theaters to lessen the burden of production. I see them having trouble making this, but it’s nothing we can’t over come. Someone needs to tell one of the staff members how incredible this idea is, when they get the chance.

(Six seasons and a movie, i feel your community swag)

@carebears
no.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 11:00PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 10:59PM EDT

@Fridge:

We’re assuming, of course, that Hasbro will just cut it when FiM inevitably does end.

Who’s to say there’s not gonna be a Gen 4.5, that’s extremely similar to FiM, just in a different town with different characters and plot points.

Might just be shooting in the dark, but that’s what everything is in this fandom (usually).

So, sure, go ahead and make a movie (and make it The Mare in the Moon story). It’ll sell well, truly, and it will bring profits. Profits that can be spent setting up another FiM.

May 15, 2012 at 11:03PM EDT

Back Later wrote:

@Trash Boat
Hmm….probably not the best idea. She tends to be timid and afraid, and will probably not like how close you’re getting. And if she doesn’t like something, she snaps the neck of it. Like that bear. You don’t want to end up like the bear.

WE DID NOTHING. NOTHING.
Now, please give me the tapes or I will not hesitate to destroy you along with them……

Seems you were a little too defending in your denial, your highness.
Cheating on your husband?

Don’t worry, I had the boys at the Imperial Surveilance Service destroy most of the footage
(logs onto recordings)
See! Nothing…
(notices an undeleted file)
hmmmm….. one got missed
(out of curiosity, views file)
Ooohh…that’s interesting…

Oh, I know I’m one button away from deleteing this forever, but the temptations are rising…

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 11:51PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 11:45PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

Eventually, Hasbro will have to catch on to the veritable gold mine that is the brony phenomenon, and they’ll want to capitalize on it by giving them what they want.

Hasbro will have to catch on to the veritable gold mine that is the brony phenomenon,

gold mine that is the brony phenomenon

Hasbro won’t make much money off of bronies and they know it. Unfortunately (for my frustration, anyway), bronies don’t know that. We don’t even buy music or movies. The users on EqD don’t buy official merchandise and they’re proba…

I’m pretty sure I could explain it perfectly, and it wouldn’t stick anyway. Much like Unknown and his propensity for bolding everything that isn’t an image and the users who forget about that 3 image limit for posts (or worse, just don’t care about it.)

Sure! Bronies are a profitable group of people!

A full-length feature would do well in the theaters!

I mean, look at how well the self-promoting commercial and documentary are doing! We’re ready to spend!

Well…sure, we still see Hasbro as a large corporation; something that people of the ‘Net don’t worry themselves with on the whole, and sure, charity and self-promotion are entirely different from merchandise which we haven’t bought much of over the course of our existence as a fandom, and that’s Hasbro’s main reason for airing the show in the first place, but that doesn’t mean that can’t change for a movie!

You know what? I’m going to be cool and just pretend that Fridge was exaggerating.

Good one, dude. You had me going for a minute there.

May 16, 2012 at 02:42AM EDT

I gotta say that I agree with verbose on that. I’ve always said have minuscule we are compared to the intended audience, so obvoiusly I would take his side. Really, hasbro can only afford to make nods to us bronies, nothing more. That is, unless you guys are willing to pledge to spend $50 a month on pony merchandise, as well as all the other bronies.

May 16, 2012 at 02:51AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!