Forums / Discussion / General

171,305 total conversations in 5,504 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users

I;m sorry. I try really hard to make longer posts and be happy but it’s hard. I really mean to but it’s too hard. But if it’s want you want……

Feb 24, 2012 at 06:46PM EST
Quote

Ideological the Vinyl Scratch wrote:

I;m sorry. I try really hard to make longer posts and be happy but it’s hard. I really mean to but it’s too hard. But if it’s want you want……

Long posts aren’t 100% necessary. So as long as post contributes to discussion and maybe a random pic with it once in a while is all that is needed.


@ Random below

Was wondering if we had our own IRC room, just for KYM Bronys, but probably very few people would use it. I got a bot on a server to look after room whenever its empty.

Traffic is too low, it would probably be empty like 20 hrs per day if not more.

And then whenever more people are free, we can start a SynchTube.

The IRC room would be registered and permanent, unlike most SynchTube rooms and would have specific lists for people to +v +o +b

How does this idea sound? Too stupid, missing something?

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 06:56PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 06:47PM EST

Schellu wrote:

Long posts aren’t 100% necessary. So as long as post contributes to discussion and maybe a random pic with it once in a while is all that is needed.


@ Random below

Was wondering if we had our own IRC room, just for KYM Bronys, but probably very few people would use it. I got a bot on a server to look after room whenever its empty.

Traffic is too low, it would probably be empty like 20 hrs per day if not more.

And then whenever more people are free, we can start a SynchTube.

The IRC room would be registered and permanent, unlike most SynchTube rooms and would have specific lists for people to +v +o +b

How does this idea sound? Too stupid, missing something?

^This yes.

I’m not a fan of short post spamming. But that doesn’t mean you’re never allowed to do it.

Just don’t turn this into a chat. If that happens, just start a synchtube.


Adding an image also helps.


@IRC Idea

You can go ahead and start one if you want. I’m ok with just the KYM IRC.

But if you continue this, I’ll probably join you guys a few times.

Citation also has a Msn group for the users here, if you send him a PM he can add you.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 07:02PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 06:50PM EST
Quote

Ephemeral_Athambia wrote:


Did this topic’s number come up? Hmm?

Well I always like grimdark…

and creepy pasta.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 06:55PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 06:54PM EST
Quote


Why is she always associated with grimdark!?!
Oh yeah…

Feb 24, 2012 at 07:01PM EST
Quote

Because there very nature of Pinkie is PERFECT for Grimdark! Her personality is innocent enough to make the use of grimdark seem truly disconcerting, yet unstable enough to make the insanity sensible.

Oh dear, thanks Crooked Trees…I bet HE is the reason for my (bizarre) interest in Pinkamena…

I regret nothing…

Feb 24, 2012 at 07:10PM EST
Quote

Ideological the Vinyl Scratch wrote:

sigh Why do I even bother. I always manage to piss off one person here. I should just stop posting here and focus on Tumblr where I haven’t managed to make everypony hate me.

Oh don’t mind Citation, Ideo.

He’s just a grumpy mcgrumpypants!

Emperhal wrote:

Why is it that some of the most talented artists anywhere are the most fucked up?

Think about all the famous artists from the past, and count how many of them were borderline insane, or already past that threshold. Many of them, yes?

This may be because whatever causes them to have their way of thinking may also be related to their drawing ability. For example, Crooked Trees, founder of the Ask Pinkamina blog on Tumblr, is…a very, very, very troubled man. On his personal Tumblr page: Filly Rule 34 everywhere, monster sex everywhere, indescribable art…all of which is some of the best drawn art I have ever seen. His art could be mistaken for photographs sometimes. This may stem from what I perceive to be a psychological condition he has, reinforced by some interviews he has released detailing his reasons for making such disturbing art.

My point is, many of the best artists do make disturbing, unsavory art; but it’s still their art, and should be enjoyed for the finesse with which it was made.

I do find that’s true. An artist who drew R34 MLP art kept calling me a “simple” man because I couldn’t understand what he called the deep “hidden meanings” inside art like Crooked Trees and compared me to Derpy (because I guess she’s simple minded)

I took it as a compliment.

I would also like to address your final point. If someone draws something completely unsavory like Filly sex and murder, I don’t care if it took 20 years to draw. I will not enjoy it, I will rightly denounce it for the abomination that it is.

Things like gore, sex and death are topics that can make any art piece (whether film, novels or paintings) be incredibly relevant to the human condition. But Fillysex from MLP is NOT one of them, and I don’t give a shit how Crooked Trees tries to philosophically explain it, it’s bad and he should feel bad.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 07:31PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 07:26PM EST
Quote

@burning: Talking like Pinkie Pie is always hilarious. I envy her greatly.

@Dr. Greg: The Gweat and Powerful Twixie and Twilight Sparkle. Dawwww.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 07:36PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 07:33PM EST
Quote

burning_phoneix wrote:

Oh don’t mind Citation, Ideo.

He’s just a grumpy mcgrumpypants!

Emperhal wrote:

Why is it that some of the most talented artists anywhere are the most fucked up?

Think about all the famous artists from the past, and count how many of them were borderline insane, or already past that threshold. Many of them, yes?

This may be because whatever causes them to have their way of thinking may also be related to their drawing ability. For example, Crooked Trees, founder of the Ask Pinkamina blog on Tumblr, is…a very, very, very troubled man. On his personal Tumblr page: Filly Rule 34 everywhere, monster sex everywhere, indescribable art…all of which is some of the best drawn art I have ever seen. His art could be mistaken for photographs sometimes. This may stem from what I perceive to be a psychological condition he has, reinforced by some interviews he has released detailing his reasons for making such disturbing art.

My point is, many of the best artists do make disturbing, unsavory art; but it’s still their art, and should be enjoyed for the finesse with which it was made.

I do find that’s true. An artist who drew R34 MLP art kept calling me a “simple” man because I couldn’t understand what he called the deep “hidden meanings” inside art like Crooked Trees and compared me to Derpy (because I guess she’s simple minded)

I took it as a compliment.

I would also like to address your final point. If someone draws something completely unsavory like Filly sex and murder, I don’t care if it took 20 years to draw. I will not enjoy it, I will rightly denounce it for the abomination that it is.

Things like gore, sex and death are topics that can make any art piece (whether film, novels or paintings) be incredibly relevant to the human condition. But Fillysex from MLP is NOT one of them, and I don’t give a shit how Crooked Trees tries to philosophically explain it, it’s bad and he should feel bad.

I think we can all agree with you there. But Crooked appears to make that abominable art SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE he wants to incite something. He wants to “destroy the innocence” of the ponies, and specifically, of childhood. Hence why his Tumblr has loli photos. And why I don’t venture there anymore.

Now, regarding Crooked’s other art, there does seem to be some messages in his abstract-ish art. If not, then it’s an interesting look into his mind…and my, is it unique…

I do not wish to give the impression that I enjoy his fillyporn, I look down on it. But other works from him convey messages; the Ask Pinkamina Tumblr was meant to have some purpose, but because fans didn’t ask enough good questions to progress the story Crooked was formulating, he shut it down.

Jeez, this is a long response post…

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 07:38PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 07:37PM EST
Quote

Megahwuahgursuah:


Nightmare Moon is now the most bad-ass charcter. No exceptions.


@Ephemeral_Athambia
The whole “corruption of innocence” is a rule of the internet. I quote:
“The more innocent something is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt it.”
I get a kick out of corruption. Not what it ends up being, like filly sex, but the fact that it was corrupted. It shows that nothing is above anything else. But, I dislike, not hate, the concept of filly sex. Some things are taken too far.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 07:43PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 07:37PM EST
Quote



Applejack came in last? And Rainbow Dash came in first?

I would’ve put the opposite…


Anyway, I was curious, are there any official rules regarding posting ponies in areas of KYM not specifically designated for ponies (namely, outside of this thread, the FiM article and its submeme articles, and any other pony threads)?
I know some folks get annoyed by seeing ponies everywhere, which is understandable and I can sympathize with that (I get annoyed by seeing Homestuck stuff everywhere), so as fun as ponies are, I’m hesitant to let them bleed into other areas. To put my mind at rest, are there any rules about this, or at least a rule of thumb?

Feb 24, 2012 at 08:07PM EST
Quote

Anyway, I was curious, are there any official rules regarding posting ponies in areas of KYM not specifically designated for ponies (namely, outside of this thread, the FiM article and its submeme articles, and any other pony threads)?
I know some folks get annoyed by seeing ponies everywhere, which is understandable and I can sympathize with that (I get annoyed by seeing Homestuck stuff everywhere), so as fun as ponies are, I’m hesitant to let them bleed into other areas. To put my mind at rest, are there any rules about this, or at least a rule of thumb?

There are NO rules against posting ponies outside the pony thread.

But be warned: You will be hated and downvoted by the other KYM members

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 08:13PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 08:12PM EST

@ More good artists making rule 34

Honestly though, I don’t care. Whatever bad things people think about bronies as a whole is no skin off my bones. I am my own person and couldn’t care less about peoples preconceived notions about bronies.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 08:14PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 08:14PM EST
Quote

Captain Howel wrote:



Applejack came in last? And Rainbow Dash came in first?

I would’ve put the opposite…


Anyway, I was curious, are there any official rules regarding posting ponies in areas of KYM not specifically designated for ponies (namely, outside of this thread, the FiM article and its submeme articles, and any other pony threads)?
I know some folks get annoyed by seeing ponies everywhere, which is understandable and I can sympathize with that (I get annoyed by seeing Homestuck stuff everywhere), so as fun as ponies are, I’m hesitant to let them bleed into other areas. To put my mind at rest, are there any rules about this, or at least a rule of thumb?

I don’t think there are technically any rules about it, other than rules for specific threads, such as keeping the thread on topic.

I don’t like it when people come into my pony thread and post about Transformers, why would the Transformers people like it when I post ponies?

Know what I mean?

In any case, while there isn’t a rule that explicitly states that you can’t post ponies anywhere but in valid areas, its common courtesy to keep it here. For some reason, pony is a touchy subject on the Internet, and can easily start flame wars if not used responsibly.

So save everyone some grief, and keep it here. You won’t get your ass flamed by haters, your karma will remain intact, and the innocent bystanders don’t have to see the ugly things the less-tolerant users have to say about ponies.

Does this answer your question?

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 08:17PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 08:15PM EST

Captain Howel wrote:



Applejack came in last? And Rainbow Dash came in first?

I would’ve put the opposite…


Anyway, I was curious, are there any official rules regarding posting ponies in areas of KYM not specifically designated for ponies (namely, outside of this thread, the FiM article and its submeme articles, and any other pony threads)?
I know some folks get annoyed by seeing ponies everywhere, which is understandable and I can sympathize with that (I get annoyed by seeing Homestuck stuff everywhere), so as fun as ponies are, I’m hesitant to let them bleed into other areas. To put my mind at rest, are there any rules about this, or at least a rule of thumb?

I guess you are allowed to post ponies if they are somehow related to the topic or other meme discussed, but I actually don’t know.

Feb 24, 2012 at 08:21PM EST
Quote

Empheral wrote:

Now, regarding Crooked’s other art, there does seem to be some messages in his abstract-ish art. If not, then it’s an interesting look into his mind…and my, is it unique…

I don’t really find fucked up minds unique. There are far too many fucked up people in the world for that. I find peaceful happy minds more interesting to look at.

e, but because fans didn’t ask enough good questions to progress the story Crooked was formulating, he shut it down.

I was always under the impression that questions usually divert time from the story of an Ask blog?

Pyro wrote:

The whole “corruption of innocence” is a rule of the internet. I quote:
“The more innocent something is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt it.”
I get a kick out of corruption.

I know both me and X-Singular got into MLP not due to Corruption but rather white knighting so speak for yourself :P

Our entire mindset involves protecting ponies from corruption.

Basically, me and X are like this:

Captain Troper wrote:

Anyway, I was curious, are there any official rules regarding posting ponies in areas of KYM not specifically designated for ponies (namely, outside of this thread, the FiM article and its submeme articles, and any other pony threads)?

I don’t know if it’s an official rule or just frowned upon but it’s best to keep ponies here, massive negakarma and tempers flare anywhere else.

Ideo wrote:

@burning: Talking like Pinkie Pie is always hilarious. I envy her greatly.

Silly Ideological! It’s not hard! Just turn down the Unts and eat cupcakes and drink Cider till your blood sugar level is through the roof!


Also, Last Roundup is back on iTunes and Derpy is in it in her full derpy glory.

ALL HAIL OUR NEW QUEEN DERPY! BRING HER YOUR VIRGINS MUFFINS

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 08:26PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 08:24PM EST
Quote
Also, Last Roundup is back on iTunes and Derpy is in it in her full derpy glory.

This pleases me greatly. But since this thread is still in full on Chat & Image mode I am just going to post this:

Make of it, what you will.


But to follow up on previous posts:

@Ideological

Nobody hates you, relax buddy. If Citation hates you, that’s only because he hates everybody.

@Posting ponies outside this thread

Tolerated to a small degree. I have never gotten negged and hated for posting a pony macro image or a vague reference to the show. Even then, I avoid using pony macro’s if I can

BUT all discussion topics related to ponies MUST be kept to this thread.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 08:38PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 08:32PM EST
Quote

@Troper

Some pony here and there is usually fine, but any other pony threads than these threads being created usually doesn’t go over real well, understandably I suppose.

Also I saw you guys were posting woona. I like woona. Have a woona.

And I agree with Burning Phoenix about Crooked Trees.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 08:33PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 08:32PM EST
Quote

@Ideological

Keep making posts about how depressed you are and constantly changing your title to something even more inaccurate. That’ll certainly help your image in my mind.

Schellu wrote:

Just because someone on the internet doesn’t like you doesnt mean u should stop posting.
Do whatever you want. just like 60s spiderman
Crappy, loud music in vid


>Catgroove
>crappy
I will end you.

RandomMan wrote:

@IRC Idea
You can go ahead and start one if you want. I’m ok with just the KYM IRC.
But if you continue this, I’ll probably join you guys a few times.
Citation also has a Msn group for the users here, if you send him a PM he can add you.

Yeah, about that group… my MSN’s kind borked. I dunno what to do to fix it. I’ll try to hand leadership over to opspe sometime if I can’t get it fixed, but at the moment… yeah.

Picture:

Doctor Whooves is fulfilling the role of Doc Brown in this poster.

This is so fucking meta my brain exploded.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 08:42PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 08:41PM EST
Quote

@Pheonix
I can understand that. You feel a need to protect something that can’t protect itself. Me, on the other hand, justs wants to watch the world burn. I think a little bit of corruption can be good. Like I said, it shows that everything is vulnerable. But, the end result is not always pretty. I do like to smite evil, though. Some things make me sick when people let corruption get too far. That’s why I’m more of a hellish executioner than a white knight. You do it for justice and to protect, I just do it because it’s necessary. But, to each their own.


Under Master Chief’s armor is………………

&
A BRONY!

Feb 24, 2012 at 08:43PM EST
Quote

@Cite: I don’t appreciate your attitude. Why can’t you be less confrontational?

Seriously, I am disappoint. Very disappoint.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 08:48PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 08:45PM EST
Quote

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Derpy is back. Just downloaded the episode on iTunes.


Why did they take it down? I understand people were mad, but that wasn’t a reason to take it down. Considering nothing was changed.

Feb 24, 2012 at 08:46PM EST

Schellu wrote:

Anyway, I was curious, are there any official rules regarding posting ponies in areas of KYM not specifically designated for ponies (namely, outside of this thread, the FiM article and its submeme articles, and any other pony threads)?
I know some folks get annoyed by seeing ponies everywhere, which is understandable and I can sympathize with that (I get annoyed by seeing Homestuck stuff everywhere), so as fun as ponies are, I’m hesitant to let them bleed into other areas. To put my mind at rest, are there any rules about this, or at least a rule of thumb?

There are NO rules against posting ponies outside the pony thread.

But be warned: You will be hated and downvoted by the other KYM members

That was history. MLP is becoming more accepted.

The reason why everyone pretty much banished MLP from the other sections were some serious flame wars before I even joined. JFF was pretty much swarmed with pony threads on a daily base. This created a lot of tension, and with that hate, for the people who didn’t like MLP.

But that’s history now, people are learning to forgive and forget.

You’re allowed to post MLP, but spamming is a different thing. But then again, spam isn’t allowed anywhere on these forums.

If I see a person get downvoted for posting MLP, I automatically upvote them to fix the damage. Downvoting for adding ponies to a post is just a dumb reason imo.

Feb 24, 2012 at 08:51PM EST
Quote

@Ideo.

Stop worrying about Cite. It’s just the way he is. His negativity is not your problem.


@Cite

Oh so YOU are the one who boosted my negakarma ratio up by 1%!

How dare you mess with the karma of an Alpha as F**K poster!

Hehe, I’m kidding. I don’t care.


@Schellu

I’d rather not go into the reason why the episode was taken down. But it was a pretty stupid reason in the first place, I’m glad people have come to their senses

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 08:54PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 08:52PM EST
Quote

Simple: go on favorite TV show thread, say its MLP get -84172893472398472 in an hour


@ BSOD

Hasbro never cared about anything. Yes, episode was taken down. But even in next episode Hasbro was placing fan-shippings next to each other (whooves-Derpy) (Lyra-bonbon)

The number of shoutouts to bronies is increasing.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 08:55PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 08:52PM EST

Okay, I see a new reason to leave. Confrontational people who can’t forgive and forget. I already said I don’t act depressed anymore. Move on. There needs to be a block or ignore list on this site.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 08:57PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 08:55PM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of death) wrote:

@Cite
Oh so YOU are the one who gave me 1% extra negakarma!
How dare you mess with the karma of an Alpha as F**K poster!

Hehe, I’m kidding. I don’t care.


I don’t actually think I’ve ever downvoted any posts you’ve made. By “for once” I mean that’s the sort of picture I’d downvote normally.
But I didn’t. It was cute….

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 08:56PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 08:56PM EST
Quote

My comment was from last page and people still won’t drop it…


burning_phoneix wrote:

know both me and X-Singular got into MLP not due to Corruption but rather white knighting so speak for yourself :P

Our entire mindset involves protecting ponies from corruption.

Basically, me and X are like this:


While it is true, considering our place of origin I always thought we were more like this:

but I guess yours works too… it’s cool.


@Derpy’s return
But of course… If ivan was still here he’d be pissed as ****, strangely he deactivated his KYM and devART accounts…


EDIT:
My life on this thread in a nutshell:

Today is second time I almost died because of a Carbomb, F*CK YEAH!
There’s absolutely nothing hidden between this sentence and the picture above.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 09:05PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 08:56PM EST
Quote

Ideological the Vinyl Scratch wrote:

I;m sorry. I try really hard to make longer posts and be happy but it’s hard. I really mean to but it’s too hard. But if it’s want you want……

You don’t have to make long posts. We need everything, image posters, conversation bringer uppers, TL;DR writers, and yes, even the occasional troll for a healthy ecosystem. Don’t look up to TL;DR posters like me, Verbose, and some other guys that I forget. In fact, posting TL;DR is pretty much large waste of time since pretty much no one reads our painstakingly crafted message and carefully chosen words.

Keep being you, continue changing your username when you have a new favorite pony, posting short posts, whatever else you do. It wouldn’t be the same here without you.

Also, how the hell is your username over 20 characters?


Anyways, I can account for Rainbow being top (Dash? meh) and Applejack being less popular.

Rainbow is filled with so much coolness on a level that only she, a winged pony, could achieve. In fact, the power of her coolness is so great that somehow it makes up for her other assorted shortcomings. I hate how Trixie-like, abrasive, and lazy she is, but somehow, her being her makes it all better. She’s what most bronies wish they could be. Athletic, procrastinating yet able to get things done, and did I mention, multiples of 20% cooler than the rest of the cast.

That’s what put her ahead of Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie this poll around.

Also, Tank.

Applejack is the most sane and level headed of the group. To other people, that makes her that much less important and even forgettable. When a brony talks to some person who’s never heard of FiM before, they can talk about “FLUTTERSHY IS SO CUTE!” or “RAINBOW IS SO COOL!” or “PINKIE PIE IS SO LULZY!” but what can they say about Applejack? She’s the one that keeps everypony together and runs a farm? For most bronies, there’s nothing to really like about her.

Of course, the 6% of the people who vote Applejack as best pony are the ones who are the most enlightened on the path of life. A hardworking, dependable, self-sacrificing, honest, and not crazy pony is the best one in my books.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 08:59PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 08:57PM EST
Quote

X-singular wrote:

@Derpy’s return
But of course, If ivan was still here he’d be pissed as ****, strangely he deactivated his KYM and devART accounts…


That’s only, what, the third time this week?

Feb 24, 2012 at 08:57PM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Okay, someone negged me for the image I used so I changed it to something less hilarious.

But seriously is this all it takes to get someone panties in a bunch? C’mon it was funny. Whoever got offended by it needs to lighten up.

So…if it’s not what it looks like….what are they doing?

twins wrote:

Don’t look up to TL;DR posters like me, Verbose, and some other guys that I forget
me, Verbose, and some other guys that I forget.
some other guys that I forget.
guys that I forget.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 09:04PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 08:59PM EST
Quote

Thanks, twins. Your support really makes up for all the negativity. Now if you’ll excuse me, it’s time to be me.

I am having so much fun, I bet all of you are super jelly!

Feb 24, 2012 at 09:01PM EST
Quote

@Schellu

Hasbro never cared about anything. Yes, episode was taken down. But even in next episode Hasbro was placing fan-shippings next to each other (whooves-Derpy) (Lyra-bonbon)

But they did care about their public reputation. As soon as they smelled controversy in the air they reacted pretty darn fast. Hence the quick censoring and episode take-downs.

The next episode included fan shippings but that’s unrelated. Hasbro isn’t the one making the show, they did not make that decision. Instead, Hasbro simply decides if the show should air or not based on how beneficial it would be to their business.


@twins

But I read your TL;DR posts!

I may not create extremely long posts all the time but that does not mean I am incapable of following long posts. I have a lot of respect for posters who put time and effort into their posts such as you, Verbose, Phoneix, Singular, opspe and others. Not to imply that I have any less respect for posters who cannot dedicate such time.


@Phoneix

I never said it wasn’t what it looks like. But I’ll leave that to your imagination

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 09:08PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 09:03PM EST
Quote

Ideological the Vinyl Scratch wrote:

Okay, I see a new reason to leave. Confrontational people who can’t forgive and forget. I already said I don’t act depressed anymore. Move on. There needs to be a block or ignore list on this site.

>don’t act depressed anymore

sigh Why do I even bother. I always manage to piss off one person here. I should just stop posting here and focus on Tumblr where I haven’t managed to make everypony hate me.

I should just change my username to Nobody and just lurk. Clearly my titles and posting are making everypony hate me. I’ll just end both of them.

@Ric: Well Cite hates me. How else would you explain that picture? He’s clearly fed up with me even being here. Fine. I know when I’m not needed.

I can forgive. It’s rather difficult to forget when someone won’t stop doing it.

Hey, that was a good one. I should write that down.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 09:06PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 09:04PM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Okay, someone negged me for the image I used so I changed it to something less hilarious.

But seriously is this all it takes to get someone panties in a bunch? C’mon it was funny. Whoever got offended by it needs to lighten up.

Yes, yes it does. It may be funny, but you have to understand, a bunch of people like me would rather distance ourselves from the darker side of bronies, including fanfics (yes all of them), rule 34, trolling, all that stuff that gives us a bad name.

I’m sorry, I had to give that a -1, although the rest of KYM seems to disagree.

I think shipping is tolerable, as long as it doesn’t get too sexual or involve ponies that have never ever met each other in the show.

Feb 24, 2012 at 09:05PM EST
Quote

@Cite: I won’t but I can still be angry or just a tiny bit sad. Wow, it’s hard to talk to somepony while riding a record player. Get your head out of the gutter before minds are scarred.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 09:14PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 09:07PM EST
Quote

Ideological the Vinyl Scratch wrote:

@Cite: I won’t but I can still be angry or just a tiny bit sad. Wow, it’s hard to talk to somepony while riding a record player. Get your head out of the gutter before minds are scarred.

Feb 24, 2012 at 09:15PM EST
Quote

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Yes, yes it does. It may be funny, but you have to understand, a bunch of people like me would rather distance ourselves from the darker side of bronies, including fanfics (yes all of them), rule 34, trolling, all that stuff that gives us a bad name.

I’m sorry, I had to give that a -1, although the rest of KYM seems to disagree.

I think shipping is tolerable, as long as it doesn’t get too sexual or involve ponies that have never ever met each other in the show.

Even though you negged me, I am going to karma you for coming forward about it.

I would much prefer it if people expressed their grievances or issues and try to rationalize them rather than just downvote without explanation. That helps avoid these things happening again. Thank you for explaining yourself. I will won’t post shipping out of respect for you then.

Although I have to say that I didn’t see what was so “dark” and “r34” about the image I posted. There was no graphic depictions, no nastiness, no depravity. Just two ponies having a romantic moment behind a bush and getting embarrassingly interrupted by Pinkie.

They weren’t exactly in the middle of a dominatrix now were they? I thought they were just having a cute and tender moment. Plus I thought it was funny

But maybe we have different perspectives on these things because we have different levels of exposure to the internet.

I know what real “R34” is and what I posted was nowhere near it. I’ve seen some of the worst things the internet has to offer and I am not happy about it. I can’t unsee the horrors I have seen.

Compared to the things I have seen, the image I posted was very innocent. I don’t know about you.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 09:21PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 09:16PM EST
Quote

@BSOD:
It’s not really a time thing, I think if we all didn’t have free time, we’d be doing something else.
>implying KYM posters have no lives
It’s just in our nature to write a lot. We find something that we want to discuss, one word becomes a sentences, sentences become paragraphs, and paragraphs become massive, multilayered walls of text, that while superficially appearing deep, most of the time contain no more information than an image and a few sentences could accomplish. I really wish I wasn’t a TL;DR poster, because sadly, most people on the internet don’t respect us as much as we should be.

Thank you for taking the time to read them.

Feb 24, 2012 at 09:18PM EST
Quote

Aaaaaaaaaagh! I give up! There’s no pleasing you! Buck this, I’m leaving. See you guys later. It was fun while it lasted. Apparently I’m not allowed to be angry or sad either. Apparently I’m supposed to be all happy and cheerful.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 09:26PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 09:21PM EST
Quote

Sorry for being all derp today. I was having trouble coping with Berry being gone, finishing her fic will give it some closure.

What did I miss while I was skulking?

Oh… That’s what I missed…

Come on, everypony get along.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 09:30PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 09:27PM EST
Quote

Just Cite being a confrontaitional flankhole who just will not be pleased by anything I bucking do! The hell, man??

@Connor: Cite bucking hates me! He just won’t let me be angry or a tiny bit sad! Maybe he’ll be happier if I’m no longer here.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 09:36PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 09:30PM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!