Forums / General

191,319 total conversations in 5,248 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9,954 conversations with 194 participants

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

And not a single feather was given that day.

Last edited May 17, 2012 at 10:16PM EDT
May 17, 2012 at 10:11PM EDT

Caramel wrote:

I’m Connor the Brony for whoever was wondering. Send me a PM with whatever you wanna ask.

I was thinking that an interesting way to name the Proto Elements (as you’re calling them) is as the name of the Element. Say that the words didn’t exist before, but the names of the Elements eventually became the words ponies used to describe that trait. So magic’s name would be Magic, kindness’ would be Kindness, and so on.

P.S. I just wanted to let everyone know how much I’ve loved this page, and how much it reminds me of how it used to be. The perfect blend of TL;DR, image, stories, and everything else. Thanks, let’s keep it up.

So you are this man they speak of. Anyway, as I have stated no they are not the first wielders of the Elements, they are representations, I called them the Proto Six because they represent the Elements of Harmony much as the Mane Six does. Just wanted to clarify.

May 17, 2012 at 10:17PM EDT

You know, my other post with the fiction charcter wedding reminds me of the show Archer:

For those who don’t know, the charcter Dr. Krieger has a waifu, a completely holographic and self-aware anime/magna character, whom he intends to marry (however, he says that state laws prohibit such marriages).
So… just to get that out there.

Last edited May 17, 2012 at 10:26PM EDT
May 17, 2012 at 10:19PM EDT

I have a suggestion for a new topic. If you could spend an entire day in Equestria (while you’re a human) what would you do while you were there? And could you please give details?

[edit] I also found this badass RD artwork. Should it be my new picture?

Last edited May 17, 2012 at 10:28PM EDT
May 17, 2012 at 10:23PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

I have a suggestion for a new topic. If you could spend an entire day in Equestria (while you’re a human) what would you do while you were there? And could you please give details?

[edit] I also found this badass RD artwork. Should it be my new picture?

Fairly sure this was a topic like, a page and a half ago?
Silly Zarathh.

And no. this should be your new picture.

Last edited May 17, 2012 at 10:32PM EDT
May 17, 2012 at 10:31PM EDT

@Iamslow

When I said humans are boring, I meant appearance-wise. In general, humans aren’t terribly interesting to look at unless they’ve got deformities, scars or an elaborate getup. There’s functionally little difference between human and pony on a intellectual and emotional level, so you’ll get a similar conversation either way.

Guys can be just as interesting, you know. It’s just that society breeds men to be secretive about their emotions and motivations in favour of appearing more “macho”, so more often than not you’ll have to carefully coax them into talking about the deeper stuff.

The whole point of the thought exercise was that it seems ridiculous at first. It’s something you have to get used to. The idea is that you went through the exact same process with bog-standard sex back when you first learned about it, no?

@PopperFett

That’s hardly to only case of such a thing happening. Nor is it the strangest, most likely. And it isn’t an exclusively Japanese phenomenon. Just check out this woman for a second mind-blow.

Goes to show that love is a force that doesn’t recognize such petty boundaries as gender, species, sanity or even reality itself.

@Fridge Logic

Well, I feel you’re generalizing quite a bit there. It’s true that each individual fanwork become less remarkable when there’s an abundance of them, but the same goes for just about anything. If anything, it makes people work harder at improving their works so they’ll stand out.

There’s still plenty of innocent discussion about the show, you know. And don’t pretend the indecent stuff is a new phenomenon, it’s been there from the start. It’s just a little easier to notice now that there’s more people talking about it. How much you see of it kind of depends on who you’re hanging out with, but it tends to be that the perverts are the minority. I should know, I’m one myself.

Well, the unfortunate fact is that basically everything is in some way tied to some corporation these days. It’s only gonna get worse, too, most likely. But hey, there’s ways to stick it to the man while still remaining strictly in line.

I’d say the show is actually trying as damn hard as it can to subvert and mock the whole consumerism aspect while still remaining on Hasbro’s payroll. It’s a careful balancing act, but they’re pulling it off quite well if you ask me.

So the toys are a shameless money-maker, no question about that. But hey, it’s not like most bronies even bother with them, what with being wildly off-model most of the time and all. And the usual reasoning is that by buying the toys, they’re indirectly supporting the show, which is really all that matters to most bronies.

As long as the show stays intact, folks won’t much care for all the politics involved. They’re not worshiping Hasbro and their business practices, they’re worshiping the show and the creative team behind it. There’s quite a bit of a difference there, you know.

May 17, 2012 at 10:33PM EDT

This thread belongs to Trixie now.

The mighty horse power which is Trixie’s car cannot be stopped.

Last edited May 17, 2012 at 10:44PM EDT
May 17, 2012 at 10:41PM EDT

Tim the Enchanter wrote:

This thread belongs to Trixie now.

The mighty horse power which is Trixie’s car cannot be stopped.

(back in Mandalorian character)

Ahem… you were saying?

May 17, 2012 at 11:04PM EDT
A guy did it (married a fictional character) in Japan; haters’ arguement is invalid.

Out of all of the battles to win, I don’t think this is one of them, bro. I think that sorta helps their claims, so you may want to rephrase that.

Also, Tara Strong is faaaaaar from a hater.

May 18, 2012 at 12:03AM EDT

@Fridge
I’m not sure the fandom is changing so much as it’s just flirting with the sexualized aspects of it more for the lulz.

@Brownmane
I think I must have read too far into “humans are fuckin’ boring!” My bad. I actually thought I was implying what your saying about guys there, though. I think being bread to be macho can be a good thing however because it feels great meeting the classic expectations of being brave and dependable.

Now everyone grab your insulin.

Last edited May 18, 2012 at 12:46AM EDT
May 18, 2012 at 12:44AM EDT

Randomman wrote:

Dude, Verbose goes to university to know that stuff. He can, and will, describe to you in great detail why you also like Crysalis on a sexual level.

You mean Verbose is our own Sigmund Freud? I can imagine the therapy sessions now.

Verbose: So PopperFett, how long have you desired sexual relations with Chrysalis?
PopperFett: What?! No that’s not true at all! Why are we talking about this?
Verbose:Fine, let’s move on…..how would you describe your relationship with your mother?
PopperFett:Uhh….fine I guess…..what does that have to do with anything?
Verbose: Nothing….nothing….

>Verbose writes down “Also wants to fuck Celestia”

@concerning what episode we would like:

THIS HORSE:

THIS HORSE DESERVES AN EPISODE!

@Fridge Logic’s assessment of the Fandom:

An interesting thought, what are my opinions of the fandom and whether it is changing or not?

LOL, DUN KARE I PUST PONES AND NO 1 CAN STOP ME!

May 18, 2012 at 07:53AM EDT

Cosplay has changed…..

Come with me if you want to live.

I’d grab my crowbar if I were you.

As for Episodes I would like the show to have:

Last edited May 18, 2012 at 08:11AM EDT
May 18, 2012 at 08:07AM EDT

Internet meme wrote:

The entire show needs more damn Scootaloo
That’s my opinion

> my opinion a fact.

Fixed that for you…

Oh yeah, MFW I just now realized that the main character for a fandom I thought of eight months ago shares his name with a transformer:

Last edited May 18, 2012 at 09:32AM EDT
May 18, 2012 at 09:18AM EDT

Thoughts on the fandom pre-Pony General (yes, there was a time.)

Millionaire Meow knew…

Unrelated, and yet:

And yet…

(I figure that newer bronies might not have seen this. Get hip to an older, related meme and its ponification.)

May 18, 2012 at 11:20AM EDT

New Topic: Best pony OC.

Mine recently became this one.
I never thought I’d say this about an OC and I certainly didn’t expect a pony to give me these kind of feelings, but I’m getting this really strong urge to steal her.
Oh the unspeakable things I would do to her Original Design. I’m a bad bad man.

Last edited May 18, 2012 at 11:54AM EDT
May 18, 2012 at 11:53AM EDT

@Zarathh

Not pushing ponies on anyone. Nope.

I know, I know. You’re joking (sorta.)

May 18, 2012 at 01:06PM EDT

Random turianization.

Cuz only doing humanization is racist:

Last edited May 18, 2012 at 02:11PM EDT
May 18, 2012 at 02:10PM EDT

Oh my God…

This is probably one of my favorite wii games ever.

May 18, 2012 at 02:44PM EDT

What was everyone’s favourite song from season 2? My favourite was the one where Rainbow Dash tried to be a Canterlot big-shot and she sang about being popular. That was a great episode. Still can’t figure out why her singing voice sounded like Rarity though.

May 18, 2012 at 03:21PM EDT

badsitrep, gar wrote:

Random turianization.

Cuz only doing humanization is racist:

Mass Effect ponies!

“Geth consensus analyse Ponies on an average of 2.73 times daily. Rounded down”

May 18, 2012 at 03:24PM EDT

Hey guys, I’m back! What have I missed?
>Reads through posts
>Verbose is Freud
Have we ponified Sigmund yet?

In other news I’ve come to the conclusion Chrysalis is best pony. Her bizarre mind control powers seem to extend past the 4th wall…

Last edited May 18, 2012 at 03:41PM EDT
May 18, 2012 at 03:38PM EDT

Taste the rainbow, motherfucker.

Last edited May 18, 2012 at 04:01PM EDT
May 18, 2012 at 03:58PM EDT

Did I hear Mass Effect page?

But what topic were we on again? Oh yeah, favorite song. If I had to pick a favorite song from season 2 it would have to be This Day Aria. It reminded me of all of the good disney movie villain songs that I love oh so much.

[edit] Did you know that they used a deceptive cadence when Chrysalis was singing, and a real cadence when Princess Cadence was singing?

Last edited May 18, 2012 at 04:31PM EDT
May 18, 2012 at 04:28PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

Did I hear Mass Effect page?

But what topic were we on again? Oh yeah, favorite song. If I had to pick a favorite song from season 2 it would have to be This Day Aria. It reminded me of all of the good disney movie villain songs that I love oh so much.

[edit] Did you know that they used a deceptive cadence when Chrysalis was singing, and a real cadence when Princess Cadence was singing?

Eeenope, the “deceptive cadence” was in “BBBFF”, not “This Day Aria”.

May 18, 2012 at 04:40PM EDT

Alright, I’ve got a few things to say…
@Yesterday’s discussion regarding my emotions
I may have been a little too defensive, and also, my reaction was in fact, overthought. So I’ll try to not discuss these things here… otherwise I’ll get rustled for no reason.
Just don’t press me.
@Windigo
I do have to agree with your choice of best pony… for reasons I have made clear.
@Verbose
Entertaining game, but what the f&%^ did I just play?
@Lunar Dawn readers
I regret (don’t worry, its not cancelled) to announce that due to pressing matters, part 2 will come out later than expected, and parts 3 & 4 may not come out for a while. However, I will try to get them done ASAP.

Pic somewhat (but not very) related:

Last edited May 18, 2012 at 04:57PM EDT
May 18, 2012 at 04:56PM EDT

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

Alright, I’ve got a few things to say…
@Yesterday’s discussion regarding my emotions
I may have been a little too defensive, and also, my reaction was in fact, overthought. So I’ll try to not discuss these things here… otherwise I’ll get rustled for no reason.
Just don’t press me.
@Windigo
I do have to agree with your choice of best pony… for reasons I have made clear.
@Verbose
Entertaining game, but what the f&%^ did I just play?
@Lunar Dawn readers
I regret (don’t worry, its not cancelled) to announce that due to pressing matters, part 2 will come out later than expected, and parts 3 & 4 may not come out for a while. However, I will try to get them done ASAP.

Pic somewhat (but not very) related:

“part two will come out later than expected”

Time to go cry in a corner.

NEW TOPIC?!

Favorite fanfic ever? Doesn’t have to be shipping related, just in general.

May 18, 2012 at 05:01PM EDT

@Joe: If I had to pick a favorite fanfic it would have to be either My Little Dashie or The Slender Mane. I can’t really decide. I’m a really big fan of Grim Dark-Horror fics, but I also enjoyed MLD so much. If I had to pick I would go with The Slender Mane. Mainly because I enjoy Grim Dark stuff better than sad stuff. Don’t get me wrong, MLD is a great fic, I enjoyed it a whole lot. It also made me cry for like an hour straight. But I also have a gigantic obsession with the Slender Man. I have no clue why. He’s just freaking awesome. Another reason why I might enjoy it better than MLD is because I enjoy creepypasta. I basically like all things creepy and scary. It also had a really good story line too. But it’s a really tough decision between those two for me.

May 18, 2012 at 05:17PM EDT

@favorite song

Mine is “This Day Aria”, but that’s obvious. My second favorite would be BBBFF. If you don’t want one from the finale, it would be the cider squeezy. Smile was great, but I guess Cider Squeezy 6000 or whatever had special appeal to me because I’ve seen The Music Man.

@favorite fics

My favorite ever is Eternal. I would also recommend Simply Rarity (Explosives posted it above). Past Sins is another pretty good one, but it drags a bit on a certain (spoiler-filled) part. And if you don’t mind crossovers/slight grimdark, I would recommend Harmony. I have many more, but this is all I can think of at the moment. I can PM you with more sometime if you want.

Explosives wrote:

Holy shit, I just realized how much I like sad fics. Da fuq is wrong with me?

That’s probably my fault, they’re my favorites too. I did start that sadfic thread.

In other news:

Last edited May 18, 2012 at 05:29PM EDT
May 18, 2012 at 05:28PM EDT

@Fridge
I prefer M&M’s over Skittles, thank you. And I find it a bit…offensive that people keep drawing what the show said happened over what I hope will happen when I get out this summer. Only a few more months and the thousand-year ban is lifted and I can go home. But, seeing as they’ll take it as me trying to cause eternal night again, I’ll probably get blasted by them without getting the chance to extend an apologetic hoofshake. Ponies, y u have to jump to conclusions and blast me on sight…..

Heh. 3-mare moon.

May 18, 2012 at 05:29PM EDT

*cue music* (this music)

I’m gonna go all sappy on you guys again.
I cannot express how much I love this community and you guys. I was once a cynical asshole of a man. I used to hate everything and everyone, except my small circle of friends and family. I used to be an intolerant jerk. I used to be so depressed, thinking that I had nothing to look forward to in my life. But this show, this community, and you guys have made me a different person all together. I truly want to thank all of you, this community, Studio B, Lauren Faust, The Hub, and any other people that were involved in the making of this. You have changed my life, and I want to thank you. I truly don’t know where I would be without this fandom. I love you guys, this community, and everything else about it. I was also a little suicidal before I found this show. I want to thank you guys for saving my life, or else I wouldn’t be here as of right now. I’m crying while I’m writing this, and I hardly ever do it. I just love you guys so much.
Friendship truly is magic.

May 18, 2012 at 06:01PM EDT

@Zar:

I think I can safely say that we’re all glad to have found the fandom. Countless people have been effected by the show and brony community itself. It’s part of having friends.

While it’s not a traditional friendship, considering we interact over the internet and usually never physically encounter each other, we’re all still friends, and we can continue to find friends. It shows how one thing can spark a lot of changes in human life and opinion.

Now,

May 18, 2012 at 06:08PM EDT

@Lasers, Connor, and everyone else:

Last edited May 18, 2012 at 06:20PM EDT
May 18, 2012 at 06:12PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

*cue music* (this music)

I cannot express how much I love this community and you guys. I was once a cynical asshole of a man. I used to hate everything and everyone, except my small circle of friends and family. I used to be an intolerant jerk. I used to be so depressed, thinking that I had nothing to look forward to in my life. But this show, this community, and you guys have made me a different person all together. I truly want to thank all of you, this community, Studio B, Lauren Faust, The Hub, and any other people that were involved in the making of this. You have changed my life, and I want to thank you. I truly don’t know where I would be without this fandom. I love you guys, this community, and everything else about it. I was also a little suicidal before I found this show. I want to thank you guys for saving my life, or else I wouldn’t be here as of right now. I’m crying while I’m writing this, and I hardly ever do it. I just love you guys so much.

(removes helmet)

I know that feel. Completely; same situation.
We’re not so different, you and I.
(offers brofist)
don’t leave me hanging…

May 18, 2012 at 06:23PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

*cue music* (this music)

It truly is a wonder fandom indeed, which I am proud to take a part in, in my own way. I may not have had depression or thoughts of suicide but I have learned a good amount about being tolerant and appreciating others.

Last edited May 18, 2012 at 06:27PM EDT
May 18, 2012 at 06:25PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!