Forums / Discussion / General

171,349 total conversations in 5,618 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users

@Schellu

If what appears to me to be a romantic/humorous setting is actually a sexually perverse thing to you; Then you had best hope you never see what I consider to be sexually perverse and disgusting. It would probably send you on a killing spree.

But seriously, the more time you spend on the internet, the more you will start to see things from my perspective. That I promise you.

But I understand and respect that some people simply do not want the show to be “matured” in any way. So as I said before, I won’t post any shipping from now on even though I consider it to be pretty harmless

PS:

There is zero reason to sexualize it.

Remember that this is the internet. No reason is needed for anything


@Ideo

Aaaaaaaaaagh! I give up! There’s no pleasing you! Buck this, I’m leaving. See you guys later. It was fun while it lasted. Apparently I’m not allowed to be angry or sad either. Apparently I’m supposed to be all happy and cheerful.

Okay buddy. Calm down, breath in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.

I want you to relax and listen to this:

Now repeat after me:

Nobody is getting mad or sad with me

I am allowed to be mad, but I don’t have to be mad

I am allowed to be sad, but I don’t have to be sad

I don’t have to be happy and cheerful, but my life is better when it is

People across the internet cant take my happiness away from me because I am better than that

I don’t care what CitationNeeded thinks and I don’t need his respect

Nobody likes a downer and I am not a downer

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 09:40PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 09:31PM EST
Quote

You know what will make everyone happy?
A synchtube.

Let’s not hate on each other, I’ve had enough sadness for today.

Feb 24, 2012 at 09:36PM EST
Quote

@Schellu

I don’t disagree with you. Things would be much better if people didn’t feel the need to make porn out of everything and making porn out of cute cartoon horses is wrong on every level

However you are exaggerating here:

Sexualize show designed for 5+, which is NOT suggestive is basically saying u like little kids.

Uh, not quite. It is basically saying that you are lonely and depraved but it is not saying you are a kiddie toucher. Try to avoid irrational conclusions like that


@Connor

Whenever two people get into a disagreement. Try to avoid saying “Everyone is getting mad”.

It’s not “Everyone” its just two guys. When you say it is everyone though, it exasperates the situation


Enough serious business.

Lets post cuteness

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 09:56PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 09:50PM EST
Quote

The pony related content of this thread is dropping by the post. What’s something we can discuss that’s pony related and interesting? Equestrian psychology? Fanfic analysis/discussion? Predictions of the future of the Brony culture?

I need something to discuss before I start to suffer from debate withdrawal!

Feb 24, 2012 at 09:54PM EST
Quote

@Connor

I got some.

Feb 24, 2012 at 09:55PM EST

@BSOD
I completely understand where you’re coming from. Your pic wasn’t actually too bad, and I only did -1 because I felt +8 was too high for this type of thing.

“There was no graphic depictions, no nastiness, no depravity. Just two ponies having a romantic moment behind a bush and getting embarrassingly interrupted by Pinkie.”
Well, I suppose some people just don’t like the idea of shipping. And romantic moment? It was obviously leading up to something more than a simple kiss. The implied meaning is what made it a bit “eww” to me, although I ignored Pinkie Pie, and now that I look at it again, it is rather funny.

Also, I hate to nitpick, but that’s not how horses copulate.

@Schellu Yeah, your logic fails on a couple of levels, and I think BSOD did a pretty good job at explaining why.

@BSOD again:
Actually it is everyone. Although I like to think me and you aren’t getting mad at each other, we are simply coming out cooly from our respective viewpoints.

@ideological:
Please please please tell me how your name is over 20 characters. I’m trying to change mine to “Twins the Silly Filly” but it’s 1 bloody letter over the cap.

@Citation and Connor

@my new username
Hopefully we can all agree that I’m trying to keep peace here.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 10:08PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 10:04PM EST
Quote

I done with lurkin’ and I’m done with depression as well! I feel almost better than ever!

Let’s get HAPPY… crap, there’s no episode tomorrow…

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:06PM EST
Quote

@twins:Is it? I don’t think it is. I might have to check and see but I’m pretty sure it’s under 20.

@Schellu: Huh. It said “the Forum Vinyl Scratch” was over 20 but not this title. So I dunno.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 10:15PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 10:10PM EST
Quote

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin wrote:

I done with lurkin’ and I’m done with depression as well! I feel almost better than ever!

Let’s get HAPPY… crap, there’s no episode tomorrow…

I’m sorry, you came back at the wrong time. This thread kind of exploded for the past few pages, but I assure you we have things mostly under control by this page.

Also, haven’t seen you around here before. If you’re new, hopefully this won’t give you a bad impression of us. We really are nice people. If you’re not, I’m Twins, resident KYM detective, TL;DR poster, and the voice of reason. Welcome to the thread. I mean, if you’re new.

Good, that give me time to catch up. Still haven’t watched “Read It and Weep” yet.

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:14PM EST
Quote

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

I’m sorry, you came back at the wrong time. This thread kind of exploded for the past few pages, but I assure you we have things mostly under control by this page.

Also, haven’t seen you around here before. If you’re new, hopefully this won’t give you a bad impression of us. We really are nice people. If you’re not, I’m Twins, resident KYM detective, TL;DR poster, and the voice of reason. Welcome to the thread. I mean, if you’re new.

Good, that give me time to catch up. Still haven’t watched “Read It and Weep” yet.

I’ve seen you before, but I guess we haven’t talked. I’m Rinsan, or Twunny, or Luis or whatever. I talk on here once in a while. :D

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:23PM EST
Quote

@ Ideological

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 10:37PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 10:31PM EST

@Cmuic/Schellu

What logic, what is everyone talking about. All of a sudden this thread is about sex and ponies.
Last thing I said was over an hour ago

What are you trying to pull? You deleted your posts and now you are pretending our conversation never happened? Because me and Twins just make up imaginary posts that you never made and reply to them? Riiiiiiiiiight.

Your last post was half an hour ago and you specifically raised the subject of pony sexuality yourself in response to the image I posted on the last page

I replied to them all and quoted parts of your posts before you deleted them. You cannot just pretend they didn’t exist. We all witnessed those posts.

If you wanted to drop the subject all you had to do was say “I take back what I said and I don’t want to discuss it anymore” alright. So I’ll drop the subject. We’re cool. Nobody really likes that discussion topic anyway

[edit]

You deleted your posts again and are taking on a new identity. Alright, I see whats going on.


@Twins

Also, I hate to nitpick, but that’s not how horses copulate.

Don’t ask me, I didn’t make the image

Actually it is everyone. Although I like to think me and you aren’t getting mad at each other, we are simply coming out cooly from our respective viewpoints.

Well I’ll let other people speak for themselves if they were mad or not.

It’s hard to tell how upset people really are over the internet but one of the things I learned is that people often make themselves sound more emotional than they really are, either intentionally or not.

Personally I was never mad. Not at you or anyone else.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 10:37PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 10:35PM EST
Quote

@Ideo and Citation:

You dudes need to chill….

Step with me into the green room….




Feb 24, 2012 at 10:35PM EST
Quote

I’m going to be honest with you guys. I jelly. I’ve been trying to have the draw blogs answer my questions yet his gets featured in Woonastuck. But why?

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:40PM EST
Quote

burning_phoneix wrote:

@Ideo and Citation:

You dudes need to chill….

Step with me into the green room….




Even if I wasn’t in a pissed off mood I wouldn’t find that funny. You know how I am about drugs.
inb4anotherfuckingdrugsdiscussion

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:40PM EST

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin wrote:

I’ve seen you before, but I guess we haven’t talked. I’m Rinsan, or Twunny, or Luis or whatever. I talk on here once in a while. :D

Rins sounds appropriate :D. And once in a while? This is by far, the best place to post/discuss/make conspiracy theories on about ponies.

@Cmiuc’s posts before you deleted them
Sorry if I sounded a bit confrontational there. I just hate crappy logic, and your “Sexualize show designed for 5+, which is NOT suggestive is basically saying u like little kids,” makes my brain hurt a lot. But I understand. Some people like R34, some people hate it, some don’t like it but tolerate it to some extent like me.

And BSOD, no need to respect me. Continue doing what you want, as long as it doesn’t reach pony porn level and then you get banned from KYM. I actually like shippings that have some justifiable basis. Like Rarity x Spike because it’s canon, Lyra x Bonbon because obviously two ponies who are always with each other must be lovers (I love brony logic, and no I’m not being sarcastic), Molestia (not to be confused with Celestia the benevolent ruler) x everyone else.

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:41PM EST
Quote


Remember, don’t use drugs, only alcohol.

@newfag
WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU!?

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 10:45PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 10:45PM EST
Quote

Cite wrote:

Even if I wasn’t in a pissed off mood I wouldn’t find that funny. You know how I am about drugs.
inb4anotherfuckingdrugsdiscussion

Actually, I don’t. I tend to skip all drug discussion since it has nothing to do with me.

So sorry if I offended you.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 10:45PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 10:45PM EST
Quote

@Cite and Ideo

If you two really have that much trouble with each other. Go play on each other’s walls or send the other some messages. This is NOT the place for it. People are getting annoyed by it. This is a place for ponies and discussion, not a place for butthurt and whining.

You’re both free to post here and I love having BOTH of you around, but either work it out or go ignore the other.

/rant


Have some Ponei:

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 10:56PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 10:47PM EST
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

@Cite and Ideo

If you two really have that much trouble with each other. Go play on each other’s walls or send the other some messages. This is NOT the place for it. People are getting annoyed by it. This is a place for ponies and discussion, not a place for butthurt and whining.

You’re both free to post here and I love having BOTH of you around, but either work it out or go ignore the other.

/rant


Have some Ponei:

I never threatened to leave the thread (could it be considered a threat in this case? I know some people would like to see me leave…). I wouldn’t have done anything if Ideo hadn’t started it.
But whatever. I perfectly understand, and I apologize.

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:50PM EST


@Random
So that’s how cite got his title. Pretty pleeze, you can’t make one exception?

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:51PM EST
Quote

@Random: He did so and I don’t like the tone of his message. It’s hateful, rude, and not how a brony should act. And I like VNV Nation, okay?? sigh I don’t think I can stay.

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:51PM EST
Quote

@cmiuc
No need to delete your posts. If you don’t like it, fine, neither do I, but don’t be flankhurt over it. There’s times where you have to accept your mistakes. Confront them, don’t run away like you’re doing right now. I’d say your viewpoint is fine, but the way you’re approaching it is not.

Also, your avatar reminds me of CCleaner.

Thus ends that subject.


If my title becomes “RandomMan’s bitch,” the things I’ll do to this thread and his wall…

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:53PM EST
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

@Cite and Ideo

If you two really have that much trouble with each other. Go play on each other’s walls or send the other some messages. This is NOT the place for it. People are getting annoyed by it. This is a place for ponies and discussion, not a place for butthurt and whining.

You’re both free to post here and I love having BOTH of you around, but either work it out or go ignore the other.

/rant


Have some Ponei:


CANNOT UNSEE!

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:54PM EST
Quote

Still Erin wrote:


@Random
So that’s how cite got his title. Pretty pleeze, you can’t make one exception?

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:54PM EST
Quote

@Random: I did but frankly his hatred of me and EBM will overrule any commonsense. I can’t deal with this, I’m really going to leave this time. Sorry it had to end this way. It’s been fun.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 10:57PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 10:55PM EST
Quote

@Cite

Both of you started and both are to blame. But I’m glad you understand.


@Ideo

In that case you should go with option 2: Ignore.


@Cmiuc

Yes, I asked Don to help me out with this.


@Twins

>Implying all of you aren’t my bitches already.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 11:17PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 11:00PM EST
Quote

The quoted post has been deleted.

newfag, stop deleting your posts

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 11:08PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 11:04PM EST
Quote

Watching people fight actually saddens me. Were bronies. Aren’t we supposed to tolerate our peers ? If we fight, can’t we just talk out our problems and make amends ? We are a group of people that helped others from depression and other severe cases. We helped those who are in need. We are not supposed to tear away friends and special bonds. But there’s problems that are to far from our reach. All we can do is hope it gets better soon.

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:24PM EST
Quote

There are just a handful of things that truly get me angry. This is one of them.
I’m so fucking mad.
Fuck this, to bed I go.

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:43PM EST
Quote

@Engie

True words

But we can’t forget that we are still humans. Conflict is always going to happen no matter what. Especially in a big thread like this with lots of commotion and activity.

But don’t despair. We may not be able to stop petty disagreements from bursting out in this thread, but we can change how we respond to them and we can learn how to solve them

If people here are having trouble with others, I’m willing to help mediate and make amends.

I just want people to know that (in case I ever get caught up in fights here myself) I am never mad at anyone here and I always prepared to sort things out reasonably


@Derpy’s new voice

Yep, I knew they would do that. Best compromise they could have made to appease both sides of the coin. Voice sounds okay to me though.

However I just know some people are going to bawl their eyes out over this. Reel it in people. Just be glad Derpy is back.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 11:51PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 11:47PM EST
Quote

This is a sad day indeed. I actually liked her old voice.

The new voice is just so generic.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 11:59PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 11:49PM EST
Quote

Oh god, that voice.

The old voice was perfect, why did they had to go and change it!?!?!

They even removed the derp eyes!

And people thought Hasbro liked the bronies. Nice going starting a shitstorm.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 11:53PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 11:49PM EST
Quote

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

NO!
NO GOD PLEASE NO!
NO!
NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damnit Hasbro!




WHY HASBRO WHY!!!!!

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 11:53PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 11:49PM EST
Quote

Okay you drama queens, let me repeat what I said before. I’ll bold the important parts

Yep, I knew they would do that. Best compromise they could have made to appease both sides of the coin. Voice sounds okay to me though.

 

However I just know some people are going to bawl their eyes out over this. Reel it in people. Just be glad Derpy is back.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 11:53PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 11:53PM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!