Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9,954 conversations with 194 participants

Takashi.0 wrote:

>Will they accept or deny?

Deny.

Definitely Deny.

To them, we’re no different than furries. (Which is true to an extent.)

In fact according to them, we’re worse than furries because we watch a little girl’s show.

The media’s going to do what they always do and make us look like freaks, regardless of the truthiness of the documentary.

…But who gives a damn what the public thinks anyway? The public is stupid.

You should care what the public thinks. You don’t have to submit to mainstream norms, but they can’t be ignored entirely without exposing yourself to systematic disadvantage and, sometimes, outright harm.

But yeah. Unless this is on par with what are considered the greatest documentaries ever, then this isn’t going to change what the mainstream thinks about a fandom of men breaking some of the most well-established, most easily perpetuated, and most wide-ranging norms in Western society. If this documentary were able to do that, then we’d be at the precipice of a change in society much, much, MUCH bigger than making bronies look good.

Anyway, take a look at this site in the image link.

If you use Ponibooru a lot like me, then you know that it is a notoriously slow site. Derpibooru has fewer images, but it also seems like it has a lot less of the meta posts, troll posts, and screenshots that Ponibooru has. It also is currently functional and runs quickly.

There is also Bronibooru, but that is specifically for the mlponies/ponygoons forum. They have that site for posting images to their forum and they wouldn’t appreciate us sapping their bandwidth, but I figure it’s fine for browsing. They also do not allow questionable posts, let alone explicit posts, so you don’t have to worry about that, and they seem to have more posts than Derpibooru.

Down with the pony image monopoly! We need a true market for our ponu!

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 03:27PM EDT
May 31, 2012 at 03:22PM EDT

OmniXVII wrote:

I’m graduating high school tonight.

Lucky Bastard.

CONGRATULATIONS!

May 31, 2012 at 03:48PM EDT

OmniXVII wrote:

I’m graduating high school tonight.

Congratulations!

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 04:05PM EDT
May 31, 2012 at 04:04PM EDT

Can I put aside ponies for one sec and say this? NEW SKYRIM DLC IS COMING OUT!!!

And with that, I shall go back to ponies.

I shall also give you a new song by H8_Seed and The Wooden Toaster, himself!

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 04:29PM EDT
May 31, 2012 at 04:19PM EDT

I have been seeing an increasing amount of sexually suggestive images in the gallery. Does the amount of sexual images increase during the summer or has this trend just started up recently (this does not include the Lyra Plushie)? Is it because we are running out of original content and falling back on sexual images (because sex sells) to replace the lack of content?
I am not upset by this.

But being relatively new to the site I can’t help but notice this trend.

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 04:24PM EDT
May 31, 2012 at 04:20PM EDT

See, this is what the world thinks of bronies. That damn plushie ruined everything. Now, people are just creeped out

Also, unrelared to LOL above.
The world shall be ours

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 04:33PM EDT
May 31, 2012 at 04:28PM EDT

Tim the Enchanter wrote:

I have been seeing an increasing amount of sexually suggestive images in the gallery. Does the amount of sexual images increase during the summer or has this trend just started up recently (this does not include the Lyra Plushie)? Is it because we are running out of original content and falling back on sexual images (because sex sells) to replace the lack of content?
I am not upset by this.

But being relatively new to the site I can’t help but notice this trend.

It’s the wait for season three IMHO.
I know the hiatus has driven me to trollfiction, and I assume it’s driving other bronies to insanity as well.
Pic related.

Edit:
@Zarathh H8_Seed song
I dunno, I’m not really getting a “pony” vibe from that song. If it didn’t have ponies in the video I’d probably assume it was a Megaman tribute. I think the “blood on the chrome” and the 8-bitish synth riff is what caused that… it’s a good song anyway.

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 05:03PM EDT
May 31, 2012 at 04:38PM EDT

Windigo with salad wrote:

It’s the wait for season three IMHO.
I know the hiatus has driven me to trollfiction, and I assume it’s driving other bronies to insanity as well.
Pic related.

Edit:
@Zarathh H8_Seed song
I dunno, I’m not really getting a “pony” vibe from that song. If it didn’t have ponies in the video I’d probably assume it was a Megaman tribute. I think the “blood on the chrome” and the 8-bitish synth riff is what caused that… it’s a good song anyway.

It’s funny to Pinkie because she is also insane!!!

“Humans will extinct themselves in the next thousand years anyways due to nuclear war or Celestia”

May 31, 2012 at 05:00PM EDT

NexStar wrote:

See, this is what the world thinks of bronies. That damn plushie ruined everything. Now, people are just creeped out

Also, unrelared to LOL above.
The world shall be ours

Surrounding that Lyra doll:

It’s just a dumb plushie made by one person. Plus the person that’s buying it and possible others that wanted it. Let’s go with 10 bronies who actually want that thing for its intended purpose (a sexdoll). Maybe even 20, because we’re just so outrageous.

With a brony community as big as it is now, I can confirm we’re nothing worse than your average fandom.

Plus I’m suprised. You’d expect that plushie to get the same feedback as the Derpy incident. Only disgust towards its existence and never wanting to hear about it again. But after the first grossed out reactions, most people just lol at it. Now all the content made surrounding that thing is mostly funny and doesn’t look at it like a sexdoll at all.

So overall:

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 05:28PM EDT
May 31, 2012 at 05:28PM EDT

@RM
It brings Pinkie got a new idea!
Let’s take the ponies corpses and use them as foot wear!!!
I WILL BE FILTHY RICH!

Also:

Zecora is afraid of ghosts it seems, I told her to laugh at the ghosties!

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 05:46PM EDT
May 31, 2012 at 05:45PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Surrounding that Lyra doll:

It’s just a dumb plushie made by one person. Plus the person that’s buying it and possible others that wanted it. Let’s go with 10 bronies who actually want that thing for its intended purpose (a sexdoll). Maybe even 20, because we’re just so outrageous.

With a brony community as big as it is now, I can confirm we’re nothing worse than your average fandom.

Plus I’m suprised. You’d expect that plushie to get the same feedback as the Derpy incident. Only disgust towards its existence and never wanting to hear about it again. But after the first grossed out reactions, most people just lol at it. Now all the content made surrounding that thing is mostly funny and doesn’t look at it like a sexdoll at all.

So overall:

Sniff This fandom is growing up so fast…

May 31, 2012 at 06:52PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

Regarding the Lyra plushie;

I swear, people are having a goddamn field day with this toy.

May 31, 2012 at 07:15PM EDT

@Fridge
Some random Escher quotes (the guy who drew the original waterfall thing, as well as other mindf##ks)

“I am always wandering around in enigmas.”
“I play a tiresome game”
“We adore chaos because we love to produce order”
“Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. I think it’s in my basement… let me go upstairs and check.”

That proves it- Escher is the humanized Discord. Hell, he even looks like him.

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 07:55PM EDT
May 31, 2012 at 07:52PM EDT

Well, gave the Lyra Plushie entry a clean-up. Looks a lot better now.

Feel free to give reactions or reviews.

@Dr. Gregory

It’s funny, because I also busted you of uploading that type of content multiple times.

As for your question. It’s a bit more now, but I doubt this will stay. We had small peaks of more questionable content numerous times before. It’ll slow down again. Not to forget people tend to upload dupes, so some of those have probably been posted before. But as I can’t really tell which ones, randomly removing them would be unfair.

@Pinkamena

Verbose is going to kill you.

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 08:07PM EDT
May 31, 2012 at 08:02PM EDT

Windigo with salad wrote:

@Fridge
Some random Escher quotes (the guy who drew the original waterfall thing, as well as other mindf##ks)

“I am always wandering around in enigmas.”
“I play a tiresome game”
“We adore chaos because we love to produce order”
“Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. I think it’s in my basement… let me go upstairs and check.”

That proves it- Escher is the humanized Discord. Hell, he even looks like him.

Can’t argue with that logic.

May 31, 2012 at 08:04PM EDT

It seems we’re entering a thick shipping battle tonight my friends, so bunker down the hatches.

May 31, 2012 at 09:03PM EDT

Joe Amethyst wrote:

It seems we’re entering a thick shipping battle tonight my friends, so bunker down the hatches.

>2012

>Shipping battle

When did that even get declared, anyway

May 31, 2012 at 09:23PM EDT

@Joe Amethyst
I don’t see any shipping battle happening here…is it gonna happen in the comments or image gallery or something?

May 31, 2012 at 09:23PM EDT

@Fridge
Uhm, erhm. About a week and a half ago? Sounds about right.

Gallery, as usually, mista Ric.

May 31, 2012 at 09:28PM EDT

Revolver ChocOcelot wrote:

Sniff This fandom is growing up so fast…

It seems only yesterday that I saw them rage over their first rule 34 pic.

Sniff I’m so proud of them.

@Joe

Please be aware of dupes and don’t go too crazy. Post images because you want to contribute to the image gallery, not because you want to best someone in posting ships.

It was funny at first, but now people are getting annoyed.

Also tell this to Advance in case he doesn’t read the thread.

(I’m just gonna post this on both your walls, just reply on my wall)

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 09:41PM EDT
May 31, 2012 at 09:29PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

It seems only yesterday that I saw them rage over their first rule 34 pic.

Sniff I’m so proud of them.

@Joe

Please be aware of dupes and don’t go too crazy. Post images because you want to contribute to the image gallery, not because you want to best someone in posting ships.

It was funny at first, but now people are getting annoyed.

Also tell this to Advance in case he doesn’t read the thread.

(I’m just gonna post this on both your walls, just reply on my wall)

Which one? There was the scandalous bikinis pic, the soft-core rule34 pic and the Lyra doll.
p.s. I did not randomly emblem pictures, you can find them in the image gallery.

Speaking of rule 34 check this out.

Surprise!!!! I would not post real rule 34 stuff here.

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 09:49PM EDT
May 31, 2012 at 09:40PM EDT

Joe Amethyst wrote:

@Fridge
Uhm, erhm. About a week and a half ago? Sounds about right.

Gallery, as usually, mista Ric.

For some reason I thought you were gonna say the shipping thread, I am happy that I was wrong.
Don’t start a shipping war in the shipping thread unless you want to see Gamzee pull out the sick stuff.

May 31, 2012 at 09:44PM EDT

So, I found out about this abomination on spaceclops( don’t go there, don’t make the mistake I did. Also thank you teh brawler for telling me about it /sarcasm). I read the description on the page and I realized that this is an extremely shity doll. First, the hole is lined with felt. Not realistic nor functional because it will get nasty very quick. Also, it’s diameter Is 6.5 inches and 6 inches deep, that’s a very odd size. Pretty lose for most and too shallow for many as well. What the fuck? If they are gonna full pervert, might as well do it right.
Anyways, I think anyone who buys it should be registered as a sex offender! Just saiyan…

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 10:06PM EDT
May 31, 2012 at 10:05PM EDT

Can we get this thread back on track? I think we went way to far into rule 34 discussion today.

Can we find something else to talk about, we can talk about rule 34 for pages but I think we have not been reduced to that just yet.

May 31, 2012 at 10:20PM EDT

Tim the Enchanter wrote:

Can we get this thread back on track? I think we went way to far into rule 34 discussion today.

Can we find something else to talk about, we can talk about rule 34 for pages but I think we have not been reduced to that just yet.

Let’s talk about Rule 63.

May 31, 2012 at 10:24PM EDT

The Pony Rule 63 image.

As for your analysis of the Lyra plushie, dac, I told opspe not long ago that those who “really like” ponies probably wouldn’t mind the loose fit. Being able to have something more physical and pony shaped would be a huge turn-on, perhaps. Also note that most women’s vaginas are analogous to the male penis. Therefore, the average vagina tends to be about the same depth as the average penis.

If you’re talking 6 inches deep, you’re in the middle of the range of the human penis. (Don’t let dac fool you, guys. Most penises aren’t 8 inches long.)

Edited: For some quick Wiki research.

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 11:14PM EDT
May 31, 2012 at 11:03PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

The Pony Rule 63 image.

As for your analysis of the Lyra plushie, dac, I told opspe not long ago that those who “really like” ponies probably wouldn’t mind the loose fit. Being able to have something more physical and pony shaped would be a huge turn-on, perhaps. Also note that most women’s vaginas are analogous to the male penis. Therefore, the average vagina tends to be about the same depth as the average penis.

If you’re talking 6 inches deep, you’re in the middle of the range of the human penis. (Don’t let dac fool you, guys. Most penises aren’t 8 inches long.)

Edited: For some quick Wiki research.

Why do you make me continue the topic? Anyways, 6 inches is only slightly above the average( 0.1 inch). Plenty of people can be 6.1. Now, about vaginas, they are designed to stretch to accommodate any size, felt can not. Only 0.1-3 inches to big and it becomes uncomfortable. I never said 8 inches. I still maintain that it is a terrible design.

May 31, 2012 at 11:36PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Why do you make me continue the topic? Anyways, 6 inches is only slightly above the average( 0.1 inch). Plenty of people can be 6.1. Now, about vaginas, they are designed to stretch to accommodate any size, felt can not. Only 0.1-3 inches to big and it becomes uncomfortable. I never said 8 inches. I still maintain that it is a terrible design.

Vaginas will be vaginas…

May 31, 2012 at 11:54PM EDT

Well…

This was an interesting discussion to come upon…
Let’s go back to Rule 63…

Jun 01, 2012 at 12:20AM EDT

At least it’s human genitalia this time.

RIGHT, DAC AND TWINS.

RIGHT.

Jun 01, 2012 at 12:20AM EDT

Bruelock wrote:

>Came for ponies
>genital discussion

>goes to Genital General
>pony discussion

Jun 01, 2012 at 12:38AM EDT

Bruelock wrote:

>Came for ponies
>genital discussion

[snicker]

…ahh, Pony General…don’t you ever change.

@That damn Plushie

I was horrified, now I just find it hilarious

Damn right, this fandom is having a field day with it. With all the lack of episodes, we need something to keep ourselves entertained and this plushie has arrived at a very opportune time.

It’s inspired enough artwork to warrant its own article which I told you guys would happen a few pages back.

Although it hasn’t spread enough to be a meme at this point and given its explosive nature, it will probably be over very quickly without leaving a lasting impression. So it might be deadpooled.

Never-the-less I have left my comment on that subject

I gotta say though, the guy who made the plushie is a Genius, whether or not he got it right. He’s still trolled the fanbase fantastically and the commotion is raising enough attention to his product that people are bidding on it. We’ve seen from Craigslist that people will buy absolutely anything if you hype it so the fact that the Plushie is only gaining in price since it first started spreading is no surprise.

I bet that people are buying that plushie just so that a real pervert cannot use it

As for how the plushie makes us appear to the outside world…those who use it to think negatively of us already did to begin with, so it does not matter. The fandom is doing it right by making fun of it.

@R63

Last edited Jun 01, 2012 at 01:13AM EDT
Jun 01, 2012 at 01:03AM EDT

@Pretty much half the posts on this page

I kid (sort of). As for the plushie, I thought it was weird and pretty gross, but I can’t deny the bronies’ sense of humor at this point. Some of those pics are indeed pretty funny. I never really cared that much other than to be sort of bugged by the troll-munition, but now it’s like it’s own little fad.

Anyway, time for some Soapie.

Last edited Jun 01, 2012 at 01:21AM EDT
Jun 01, 2012 at 01:10AM EDT

@Lord Tourettes

Flutterguy and Guylight Sparkle still look like girls…traps at best. Both of them need a haircut.

Although Pinkie Guy could get away with something longer, maybe a mullet.

Manity looks gentlemanly enough but only barely. He’s still pretty feminine. He should grow a mustache to should fix that

AppleJack, Pinkie Guy and Rainboy Dash are fine.

Last edited Jun 01, 2012 at 01:37AM EDT
Jun 01, 2012 at 01:32AM EDT

Dac wrote:

Dac, I came to have our regular sitcom like debate. But this is funny all by itself, no need for input by me.

Ahh, where would we be without socially tactless farmboys?

Jun 01, 2012 at 01:55AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!