Forums / General

195,506 total conversations in 5,381 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9,954 conversations with 194 participants

@Cheese

Oh sorry, did me quoting it make it enlarge?

Yea it does that, that’s why we prefer it when you don’t quote huge posts or posts with huge images.

A simple @[name here] is all you need to do to address people. Were smart enough to figure out what you are replying to.

Last edited Jun 01, 2012 at 10:37PM EDT
Jun 01, 2012 at 10:36PM EDT

Alright you guys. When will the synchtube be? Tomorrow or Sunday, and at what time?

[edit] HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT?! The Living Tombstone’s remix of Discord is going to be an OFFICIAL ROCK BAND SONG!!!!!

Last edited Jun 01, 2012 at 10:52PM EDT
Jun 01, 2012 at 10:43PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

Alright you guys. When will the synchtube be? Tomorrow or Sunday, and at what time?

[edit] HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT?! The Living Tombstone’s remix of Discord is going to be an OFFICIAL ROCK BAND SONG!!!!!

“A spark you say? Well lucky for you, I happen to have the perfect donor!”

Jun 01, 2012 at 10:56PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

I should stop using Photoshop…

The lineage of the Hero of Time continues on to a new generation!

Jun 01, 2012 at 11:31PM EDT

@Zarathh
Are you sure about that song?
You can use the authoring tools to chart pretty much any song you want, but to actually go on sale, it needs to be approved.
Other people have charted pony songs as well, but I think it’s unlikely that they’ll ever go on sale sadly.

I would buy these in a heartbeat if I could!

Jun 01, 2012 at 11:38PM EDT

@DeadParrot

I believe it is actually true. Here’s the EqD article and here’s a press release about it.
I am so buying/downloading that tomorrow.

Jun 01, 2012 at 11:43PM EDT

Caramel wrote:

@DeadParrot

I believe it is actually true. Here’s the EqD article and here’s a press release about it.
I am so buying/downloading that tomorrow.

Okay, then that’s just awesome!
(Odd that we got a remix and not the original, but whatever)

Jun 02, 2012 at 12:06AM EDT

Tim the Enchanter wrote:

Did you guys hear about Firefox posting a OC pony on their Facebook wall.

Link to the wall post

I went ahead and read the whole post.

There’s so many love and so many hate in there.

Jun 02, 2012 at 12:49AM EDT

@Tim

We should all comment on that Facebook post

KYM brought me here”

Also those comments are hilarious.

Last edited Jun 02, 2012 at 01:59AM EDT
Jun 02, 2012 at 01:48AM EDT

@Rock Band
@Firefox

Looks like it’s been an awesome day in the news. Tombstone and Eurobeat Brony totally deserve their success! Now let’s hope for even more awesome brony tunes in the Rock Band lineup. To celebrate, here’s some ridiculousness the likes of which I never thought I’d be posting.

Last edited Jun 02, 2012 at 05:13AM EDT
Jun 02, 2012 at 05:12AM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

I should stop using Photoshop…

mfw:

but then I’m like

Jun 02, 2012 at 06:20AM EDT

New song by The Living Tombstone is out! I thought this news couldn’t get any better. First Discord on Rock Band, then Mozilla puts a pony on their wall, and now an epic new remix!

Jun 02, 2012 at 12:51PM EDT

At first I thought she was joking.

And then the tweets kept coming in.

This woman is srs.

>mfw

Folk be like:

Unrelated:

Last edited Jun 02, 2012 at 02:49PM EDT
Jun 02, 2012 at 12:51PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

At first I thought she was joking.

And then the tweets kept coming in.

This woman is srs.

>mfw

Folk be like:

Unrelated:

Dat pics be broken Verbose.

Jun 02, 2012 at 02:27PM EDT

Bigger version here. Also you guys, when are we gonna do the synchtube? I’m itching to watch some ponies.

Last edited Jun 02, 2012 at 03:07PM EDT
Jun 02, 2012 at 02:59PM EDT

@Verbose
So Megan Macarthy is trying to assemble a brony band to play a massive, original, quilt-style song with each person writing their own part?
This could be interesting…
Has anyone alerted EQD?
The number of volunteers would probably skyrocket!
Ponies needs it’s own ‘We Are The World’ super-song!

Jun 02, 2012 at 02:59PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Dat pics be broken Verbose.

That’s odd. I can see saw them perfectly.

Changed them anyway.

Topik.

Let’s say Google is to make a Google Doodle of Ponu. What do you suggest they do?

I should hope it would involve unexpected animations with abrupt captions.

@Deadparrot

That’s what it seems like. I don’t listen to pony music with lyrics, as the voices generally annoy me, so I haven’t heard what it sounds like. And I haven’t seen it on EqD, but I’m not sure if I want it to be a free-for-all on her twitter page either.

That’s not really my call to make, but I kinda want to sit back and see how it goes without my influence (implying an email from me is “influence.”)

Last edited Jun 02, 2012 at 03:04PM EDT
Jun 02, 2012 at 03:00PM EDT

Yes! School is finally out!
Time to PARTAYY! AND WHEN YOU PARTY YOU GOTTA

Now time to work hard on that epic poem fanfic… after E3. WHOO!

Jun 02, 2012 at 03:00PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

That’s odd. I can see saw them perfectly.

Changed them anyway.

Topik.

Let’s say Google is to make a Google Doodle of Ponu. What do you suggest they do?

I should hope it would involve unexpected animations with abrupt captions.

@Deadparrot

That’s what it seems like. I don’t listen to pony music with lyrics, as the voices generally annoy me, so I haven’t heard what it sounds like. And I haven’t seen it on EqD, but I’m not sure if I want it to be a free-for-all on her twitter page either.

That’s not really my call to make, but I kinda want to sit back and see how it goes without my influence (implying an email from me is “influence.”)

I listen to plenty of pony musicians, but to date the only vocals I can say I had zero issues with were Eurobeat Brony’s in “Discord” and “Luna”. The remixes of those tracks by The Living Tombstone and Alex S. are some of the most famous in the brony world for good reason. Still, I do listen to Aviators and a couple of others.

Anyway, the fan community has done a couple of compilation songs before, and they usually seem okay. It’s interesting to have someone like McCarthy driving it this time though, so I look forward to seeing what comes out of this. She said it would “involve charity of some kind,” that’s pretty cool.

@Google doodle

Interactive doodles are the best.

Comic time.

Last edited Jun 02, 2012 at 03:34PM EDT
Jun 02, 2012 at 03:33PM EDT

@Zarathh’s pony genetics

That’s actually really awesome. Overanalysis is always fun.

Jun 02, 2012 at 04:19PM EDT

That awkward moment when you find this gif:

In your pictures folder, and you have no reason why it’s there.
So to bring humor to the situation.
Mythbuster ponies.

Edit:
Just got an idea. Seeing as I have no skills, can someone caption that gif as abandon thread?
Hugs.

Last edited Jun 02, 2012 at 06:29PM EDT
Jun 02, 2012 at 06:05PM EDT

@Verbose

Know the logo from #MLP-FiM on DeviantArt?

Something like that would be pretty cool.

G-O-O-G-L-E written out by the main six.

Coffee Bean drawn on coffee paint. @dat-pun

Last edited Jun 02, 2012 at 06:19PM EDT
Jun 02, 2012 at 06:16PM EDT

Alright you guys. I have the synchtube set up, if any of you want to join. Come on, join. You know you want to.

Last edited Jun 02, 2012 at 07:19PM EDT
Jun 02, 2012 at 07:18PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

Alright you guys. I have the synchtube set up, if any of you want to join. Come on, join. You know you want to.

Sorry Zaranth, I’d definitely join you if it weren’t for several vector requests I suddenly need to work on.

Jun 02, 2012 at 07:23PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

Jun 02, 2012 at 08:40PM EDT

>at friend’s graduation party
>only IRL brony I know is there
>chilling with him and this guy I know’s sister
>ponies come up
>she’s started watching the show
>I ask if her brother (a guy I used to hang out with all the time) watches it
>he’s a brony
>text him about it
>he’s been a brony since the show premiered
>mfw:

Last edited Jun 02, 2012 at 10:46PM EDT
Jun 02, 2012 at 10:45PM EDT

Oh. Speaking of which when did you guy’s become bronies and how long have you been bronies? I think i stopped being an entitled little shit and became a brony around episode…what 30?

Jun 02, 2012 at 10:55PM EDT

GIANTDAD wrote:

Oh. Speaking of which when did you guy’s become bronies and how long have you been bronies? I think i stopped being an entitled little shit and became a brony around episode…what 30?

About the start of the second season. But I always had a certain love of cute things, so it came naturally without any regrets… Wait. A Mexican that has a secret obsession with cute things?
I’m the real life Chad!…from Bleach.

Jun 02, 2012 at 11:04PM EDT

GIANTDAD wrote:

When MLP first started getting popular on t3h int3rw3bz, I was rather indifferent to it, to be honest. I was like “Okay, it’s a meme. That’s great.” I never really hated it, but I was rather curious about the bronies. Not the “how the hell can they like it because it’s for girls” curious. The “how can they donate so much of their time and do awesome stuff to a bunch of ponies” curious.

Well, I came home from school one day to find my four-year-old brother watching “Sonic Rainboom,” and since I watch Phineas and Ferb with him, I was like “Okay, why not? Who knows? I may like this too.”

Well, one night I sat down and watched the first two episodes… giveortakeanothertwelve.

When I finally stopped, II started openly calling myself a brony… and my life has never been better. Seriously. I went from Cs and Ds in college to all As and Bs, I got a girlfriend, and I got a really high-paying job. I also notice I’m a lot more cheerful than I was, and a lot more accepting of people.

It’s amazing what a TV show about ponies can do to your life, no?

Jun 02, 2012 at 11:21PM EDT

GIANTDAD wrote:

First explanation
More concise without gifs that could potentially cause seizures.

The fandom was well-established by the time I started watching, and I watched the episodes that aired up to that point in a weekend (not so much of an achievement as it was for those who came on later,) so I guess early March, because I think I picked up after Sonic Rainboom for sure (I think A Dog and Pony Show was the first episode I saw upon its premiere or close to it.)

Related: Aha! I finally found the gif!

This was The reason I looked into ponies at all. Granted, I would have been bored and would have looked into this upon lurking KYM at some point, but still. Pinkie still holds a special place in my heart. (Um, heads up: If you don’t like Pinkie wearing suits for fun, don’t click that “heart” link.)

Jun 02, 2012 at 11:58PM EDT

GIANTDAD wrote:

Immediately after I watched Luna Eclipsed (second season). Somewhere around October last year I think.

Apparently I was not alone, Luna Eclipsed touched the hearts of many

Jun 03, 2012 at 12:06AM EDT

We interrupt this program to bring you an important news bulletin.

Sweet Apple Massacre has made its way on to the front page!

Users are encouraged to stay away from the entry, to prevent it from trending!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Last edited Jun 03, 2012 at 12:22AM EDT
Jun 03, 2012 at 12:21AM EDT

…Anyway.

HOLY FUCKING WATERMELON ARMADILLOS!!
Joe got off of his lazy ass, and typed up Spike’s point of view for A Long Time Coming. Woo hoo~

Both points of view are now on Fimfiction too!
The woo hoo has been doubled!

Picture related?

Jun 03, 2012 at 12:29AM EDT

I’ve been into ponies for a little more than a year now. I first saw them on the now long dead VG Cats forums and had to see more! My internet searches for them soon brought me to KYM, where I also found a decent sized, but not huge group of bronies talking about them. I wanted to actually get to know some people who were bronies as well and I wanted to be able to keep up with them easily so I joined this site rather than Equestria Daily.

I’m pretty sure this was one of the first pony related things I saw that got me interested in watching the show

Oh and check out Equestria Daily’s sweet E3 banner

Jun 03, 2012 at 12:44AM EDT

So, I have come to somewhat of a revelation and I thought you guys should here this. Now, before I start, let me just say that nothing will change. I will not leave, post less frequently, or stop discussing the show with you guys.
I have always wondered why I read MLP fanfics, looked at fan art, and discussed it with you guys so much. It seemed weird to me that I spent a good amount of time discussing ponies and what not even though I don’t really ever watch episodes after the first time. Why do I always discuss the dumbest things I can think of regarding mlp with you guys? Season 2 has been over for a while now and I have been watching other shows, and besides talking here or a fanfic every now and then, I haven’t really been spending much time with mlp. It made me realize that besides the characters, which I find to be amazing and lovable, the show is pretty much just average on my radar. It’s you guys that drive me to ponies. I really enjoy talking to you guys. As for the fanfics, I guess it’s because I love the characters, but the episodes never really quite do it for me. The fanfics fix that. Anyways, thanks for being so damn enjoyable to talk to guys.

Jun 03, 2012 at 12:46AM EDT

@Joe:

I’ll take some time out of my grimdark-horror version of Equestria to read that fic. That place can get scary sometimes, but not really. I still need to finish Yours Truly and Lunar Dawn. Now this? I’ll be sure to read it when I get some spare time.
Pics semi-related but not really.

Jun 03, 2012 at 12:48AM EDT

I’ve started watching the show last year either June or July, I can’t remember exactly. I watched the first two episodes on youtube just to see what it was all about. I said to myself “Well, that was stupid. At least I never have to watch it again.” but for some reason, I don’t know why, I started watching more episodes on youtube. I was around 6 or 7 episodes in when I thought “Wait, why am I still watching this?” Then I found out there was 26 episodes (season 2 hadn’t aired yet), so I said to myself “Alright, I made it this far, I’ll watch all 26 episodes then I’ll never have to watch this show again!” I watched all the episodes and started over again at episode 1. I think that’s when I started calling myself a brony.

Jun 03, 2012 at 12:54AM EDT

Little late to the party, but what the hay.
I first found ponies right here on KYM back in March/April 2011.
I had been killing time with the other Cheezeburger sites for a while before I noticed the ‘Know Your Meme’ link at the bottom of the page.
I’ve always liked seeing the origins of ideas so I started poking around.
Little did I know that I had stepped into a battlefield.
It was a time when ponies had just been banned on 4chan so bronies and non-bronies seemed to be facing off in almost every post’s comments.
I was curious so I read the whole MLP article and ran through its entire image gallery.
I’ve always liked cartoons and when I found out Faust had worked on PPG too, I was sold.
Watched all of season one over one weekend, then I watched them all again… and again.
Everything else sort of expanded from there.

I still remember watching the mods debate over banning ponies altogether.
I saw at least two days where the image board was suddenly locked without warning or explanation.
Ah… fun times…

So thank you KYM, for your eventual acceptance of the ponies!

BTW, I only started reading fan-fiction because of KYM’s page on Cupcakes.
It sounded so crazy and had generated so much hype that I just had to try.
I didn’t find it quite as bad as a lot of people did, but it definitely opened the floodgates.

Oh yeah, considering my obcession with Scootaloo, it may surprise some people to know that I really didn’t like the CMC at first.
I thought they were just really annoying distractions from the main cast.
Then Show Stoppers happened and they completely won me over with that song!
I don’t care how much the creators complain about having to intentionally butcher the song to give the whole ‘talent-show collapsing’ vibe,I thought it was absolutely perfect!

Jun 03, 2012 at 01:27AM EDT

Dac wrote:

So, I have come to somewhat of a revelation and I thought you guys should here this. Now, before I start, let me just say that nothing will change. I will not leave, post less frequently, or stop discussing the show with you guys.
I have always wondered why I read MLP fanfics, looked at fan art, and discussed it with you guys so much. It seemed weird to me that I spent a good amount of time discussing ponies and what not even though I don’t really ever watch episodes after the first time. Why do I always discuss the dumbest things I can think of regarding mlp with you guys? Season 2 has been over for a while now and I have been watching other shows, and besides talking here or a fanfic every now and then, I haven’t really been spending much time with mlp. It made me realize that besides the characters, which I find to be amazing and lovable, the show is pretty much just average on my radar. It’s you guys that drive me to ponies. I really enjoy talking to you guys. As for the fanfics, I guess it’s because I love the characters, but the episodes never really quite do it for me. The fanfics fix that. Anyways, thanks for being so damn enjoyable to talk to guys.

Heheh, I think we’ve disagreed over at least half the things we’ve talked about, but I’ll just imagine that I’m included in that anyway. After all, if everyone agreed all the time, discussion sure would be a drag. =b

So anyway, when did I become a brony? It was back in August, I believe. Like for some of you, KYM actually played an instrumental role in that process, as did EQD and YouTube, naturally.

I can’t remember if it was on some Zelda site or what, but I kept seeing random pony fanart pop up everywhere, and I actually tried watching the pilot sometime in the Spring of last year. I got bored around the time AJ came on the screen, and after that I left ponies alone for a few months. Eventually, though, I somehow saw Stare Master, and I was kind of impressed with the way Fluttershy retained her personality in circumstances that would have had her jump out of character in any other show. At any moment, I expected her to lose her demure voice and demeanor and start acting like in-charge-Marge toward the CMC, but she never did. Actually, that’s probably one reason I’m not too sure how I feel about Putting Your Hoof Down, it took her out of character for the sake of the gag. But anyway, not long after that I saw some other Fluttershy clips, like her yays and her Gala freakout, and I was hooked. Then I started finding awesome PMVs and the greatest remixes and such. Looking back, I must say an internet addict and animation fan like me never stood a chance against ponies.

Derpy deserves mention in my bronification as well, since after seeing a picture of her I became obsessed with finding out more about this odd derp-eyed pony. The more I researched, the more of the show I watched, until eventually I was sitting in eager anticipation for season 2 just like everyone else, totally pumped for more Derpy and Fluttershy and Twilight and Rarity and Luna and so on. Ah, good memories.

tl;dr
It’s all her fault.

Last edited Jun 03, 2012 at 05:18AM EDT
Jun 03, 2012 at 05:18AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!