Forums / Discussion / General

170,278 total conversations in 5,455 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users

Any one know the name of this tumblr or a link to it btw?

Edit: New page get because I love saying it to annoy the living hell out of people for no reason what so ever.

Last edited Jun 13, 2012 at 11:59AM EDT
Jun 13, 2012 at 11:58AM EDT

@5ever
Took me a bit to find it because it’s actually the older Sweetie Bot tumblr that has (temporarily?) converted to Ask Thrackerzod.
SOURCE

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:04PM EDT

Alright new topic since no one is doing anything. If you could have a maximum of five episodes about your favorite fanfiction to be on the show, what would the fanfiction be, and what would the episode(s) be about?

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:43PM EDT

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

@Popper:

OH GAWD YOU GOT NIGHTMARE PREGNANT!

OH GAWD WHAT IS CHRYSALIS GONNA DO WHEN SHE FINDS OUT?!

OH GAWD WHAT IS PYRO GONNA DO WHEN HE FINDS OUT?!

He did WHAT?!!?

Last edited Jun 13, 2012 at 01:12PM EDT
Jun 13, 2012 at 01:06PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

Alright new topic since no one is doing anything. If you could have a maximum of five episodes about your favorite fanfiction to be on the show, what would the fanfiction be, and what would the episode(s) be about?

Seriously.
Anything with Scootaloo.
Happy, sad, funny, even boring: I don’t care.
Just something.

As for other fics becoming episodes, there really aren’t very many that would really work for a lot of reasons.
Obviously, any story with any grimdark or shipping elements is pretty much out right off the bat.
I also don’t really see the show venturing into overly sad territory, at least not for long, so most sad stories are unlikely.
Meta humor and human stuff would break the universe so a lot of those comedies are gone, too.

I have read a few stories that would make legitimately good episodes, but I can only remember one off the top of my head.
AH AIN’T GOT NO ACK-CENT
This was a very nice little tale of being true to yourself that fit the characters well and was interesting without being too overly complex to fit into a 30 minute time-slot.

Jun 13, 2012 at 01:07PM EDT

@Guile (regarding Sitting Pyro’s quoted post) & Sitting Pyro

I went on a date with Chrysalis, that was the news. It was a fantastic evening, and I care you to get that sick idea about me impregnating Nightmare Moon out of your heads.

@fanfic episodes
Past Sins would make a good series of episodes. Otherwise, I’d say good action-adventure fics would help make the series look a little bit more believable for bronies to watch to the outside world.
And (0.000000000001 % chance of this happening) if the intended audience goes spontaneously down and Hasbro hands over rights to Studio B, I’d say:
FALLOUT: EQUESTRIA

Jun 13, 2012 at 01:19PM EDT

@Popper
….they’re joking. Both of them are joking.
Besides, I’m infertile, so the idea is already impossible.
@Fanfics to episodes
InB4Cupcakes, Rainbow Factory, and Sweet Apple Massacre
Nah, I kid. Personally, I think Guile’s choice of Eternal is a good one.

Sister, please, not in front of the humans…you’ll give them ideas….

Jun 13, 2012 at 01:30PM EDT

BACK THE FUCK UP EVERYPONY!!!!!!

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!!!

I just caught a motherfucking Filly Derpy in Ponymon.

FILLY MOTHERFUCKING DERPY, MOTHERFUCKERS!

A 1% encounter rate in ONE patch of grass, and one of the most difficult ponies to catch ever. I used ten Ponyballs, and caught her on the LAST goddamn Ponyball! I now have the rarest, most useless Ponymon in existence. She’s basically an uber-rare Magikarp.

Jun 13, 2012 at 01:34PM EDT

>MY
>FUCKING
>FACE
>WHEN

Last edited Jun 13, 2012 at 01:40PM EDT
Jun 13, 2012 at 01:39PM EDT

@Guile
Hey, I got one just a few days ago, too!
She was in that patch of grass just south of Mt. Moon (or whatever the pony version is called).
And, yes, she is the game’s Magikarp.

‘Derp’ is just ‘Splash’ re-named.
According to the wiki, she won’t learn an offensive attack until level 12…
Worth it!

Jun 13, 2012 at 01:46PM EDT

@Ponymon
YOU WILL TELL ME WHERE TO GET THIS GAME OR I WILL BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUT OF YOU. NOTHING WILL KEEP ME FROM CATCHING A FILLY LUNA. NOTHING.
OBLIGATORY DAWW IMAGE

Jun 13, 2012 at 01:48PM EDT

Yeah, I still prefer the CMC, Pinkie, and CheeriMac in my group, even though Derpy is so rare. I got mine from the patch of grass between Hoofington (Brock’s town) and the Everfree forest.

I hope he turns into Gyarados when she evolves, though, metaphorically speaking. She just doesn’t know what went wrong.

Edit: @Pyro:

I posted it as Muffinator earlier, but here’s a link.

Last edited Jun 13, 2012 at 01:49PM EDT
Jun 13, 2012 at 01:48PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

Windigo’s trollfic where I drop in and claim everyone my bitch.

Last edited Jun 13, 2012 at 02:40PM EDT
Jun 13, 2012 at 02:39PM EDT

Algernon wrote:

MFW I finished my last exam today:

(You might think I’m exaggerating here, but that gif is actually pretty accurate. My last exam was on maths, and by some miracle I freakin’ nailed it.)

I’ve got about 4 months of summer ahead of me and I have absolutely nothing important to do, so I guess that means you’ll be seeing a lot more of me around here. This’ll also give me a chance to get back into fanfics, since I’ve been too occupied with work recently to really enjoy them.

Seriously, this is like, the best day ever.

@MMDW discussion
It seems like pretty much everyone here agrees that it was actually a pretty good episode, but I still don’t like it anywhere near as much as some of the others. It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly what the problems were, but something about it just felt different, and not in a good way. The way a lot of the characters behaved and interacted with each other just seemed a little off at times, and I think the pacing of the story could have been better. There’s also the problem of the ending, which seemed rushed and a bit forced to me.

This isn’t the only episode where I feel like something was off, as I also felt the same about Cutie Pox, May the Best Pet Win, and MMMystery on the Friendship Express to some extent. I think it might be because those episodes have a larger focus on action scenes than the interactions between the mane 6, which is something I consider to be one of the main highlights of the show.

my exams are next week
and i never studied

Jun 13, 2012 at 04:45PM EDT

@Slinker
He wasn’t pointing at the chart…

Mr. Shyamalan needs to be kept away from fillies…

Jun 13, 2012 at 04:46PM EDT

@DeadParrot
Then someone call Chrissy Chris.

He’s a secret ageeee~ent man!

This is just too much:

Dammit, RandomMan! What have I told you about abusing your swagg!
Here is the full size image
EDIT: Do any of you know if someone has ponyfied Chris Hansen?

Last edited Jun 13, 2012 at 05:24PM EDT
Jun 13, 2012 at 05:14PM EDT

@Slinker

Somebody made this awhile ago.

@Popper

We don’t blame you for getting Nightmare Moon pregnant or anything, man. It’s not like you can turn swag like this off.

Last edited Jun 13, 2012 at 05:41PM EDT
Jun 13, 2012 at 05:25PM EDT

@Slinker
That comic shows exactly why I love Angel.
He’s such an adorable little bastard!

But no matter what he does, you know that he loves Fluttershy more than anything.

Hey, there’s a good topic: Favorite pet!
Mine is Angel obviously, for the above reasons and because he’s really the only pet with an interesting personality.

Jun 13, 2012 at 05:52PM EDT

@DeadParrot The reason being for Angel having an interesting personality is that he (I might be wrong) is the only pet with a major load of screen time.

BTW. I’m a dog person, soooo…

Toothless, like a meth-head sir.

Last edited Jun 13, 2012 at 06:23PM EDT
Jun 13, 2012 at 06:03PM EDT

>2012
>Asking me about my favorite pet in MLP

(Fluttershy is best pet)
Jun 13, 2012 at 06:04PM EDT

@Slinker
Well, Tank and Owlowlycious (close enough!) each had their own episodes.
Gummy has appeared a few times and Winona and Opal have both been seen a couple times.
I’ve seen plenty of people say that they prefer one of the others, so I was just wondering what everyone here thought. (Plus, no one is really talking about anything else right now…)
Angel’s just the only one that really has major interactions with the main cast on a fully-sentient level.

@RandomMan
Why can’t I stop watching Fluttershy hit that mailbox?
It’s hypnotizing…

Jun 13, 2012 at 06:27PM EDT

You people are testing me, aren’t you. Just keep pushing your luck, little bunny friend. Do I need to remind you what happened to little Conker?

As for my favorite pet, that would have to be Scootaloo.

Last edited Jun 13, 2012 at 06:42PM EDT
Jun 13, 2012 at 06:34PM EDT

@Flutterrage

Last edited Jun 13, 2012 at 06:37PM EDT
Jun 13, 2012 at 06:34PM EDT

@Galo
That was one of my earlier missions. We were trying to find some sort of traitor.
Later, me and Vader were kinda like this:

BASIC, MUTHAF###ER DO YOU SPEAK IT?”
…not one of my proudest moments.

@best pet

I’m not sure, but the slimy Hutt’s got one. It seems to have uses for him. Personally, I’m not sure if I’d ever own one.

Last edited Jun 13, 2012 at 06:42PM EDT
Jun 13, 2012 at 06:41PM EDT

@RandomBunny

YOU ASKED FOR IT PAL.

It’s dinner time.

About the pet thing again, Angel is not the only one to behave in a complex way. Philomena is advanced enough to actually respond to Celestia’s command to apologize, not to mention she was playing mind games with… Ḿ̴̻̗͓͈̜̹̰͚̳̦͎̝͈͎̦͔̕ͅÉ̸̲̟͎͇͍̣͙. Phoenixes are apparently quite smart. I wonder if we’ll see more of Peewee in S3.

Last edited Jun 13, 2012 at 06:59PM EDT
Jun 13, 2012 at 06:52PM EDT

@Flutterrage

If you want to make this one on one, please take it to my wall. Don’t make unrelated posts here.

Jun 13, 2012 at 06:55PM EDT

@Random

Hey, at least I’m not as off-topic as Star Wars guy up there. (No offense, Popper)

@Fridge

Here’s their header image, cuz it’s awesome:

I noticed this in the MTV interview of Andrew WK.

Do you know any other Brony musicians?

Not formally, but I’ve heard rumors and had discussions about different folks.

So, how about it? Any of you heard any rumors about other famous closet bronies?

Jun 13, 2012 at 08:59PM EDT

@FlutterRage
I’m pretty sure that question is referring to whether he knows any other famous musicians in the brony community like Eurobeat, Tombstone, Mic, etc, etc.
It sounds like he’s been kinda laying low for a while on his ponyness, so he hasn’t met those guys yet but it’s hard to miss their names.
Though if he can pull in a few more celebrities, that would be pretty awesome!

Also, does he wear that shirt in that picture very often?
If he does, someone has to make a shirt out of this and give it to him at the con.

Jun 13, 2012 at 09:34PM EDT

Just finished a long day of studying music theory. This is what I see when I close my eyes.

In the famous words of the Austrian emperor responding to Mozart’s latest opera “Too many notes.”

Time to unwind with some pony.

Last edited Jun 13, 2012 at 10:15PM EDT
Jun 13, 2012 at 10:13PM EDT

I have participated on this thread for 3 months and I happily can say that it was one of the best decisions of my life. Even though we have went to hell and back on this thread, I can say that I would do it again. I can say that proudly because we are all unique individuals which embodies the human spirit of creativity, humor, reason and forgiveness to a certain extent.

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:49PM EDT

I…I feel a little sad now. Not because of the image, the image just added to it a bit. Anyone got something for a little pick-me-up?
Also, “Smile” does not count, because that song brings nothing but pain and suffering.

Last edited Jun 13, 2012 at 11:50PM EDT
Jun 13, 2012 at 11:49PM EDT

Pony-based riddles. Go.

The wise mares say that my coming’s a sign
I’m the fastest in the world, though I’m always behind
I’m a flash and streak across the blue sky
So tell me young foals, who am I?

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:11AM EDT

@Monty:

@Pyro:

Happy?

@Fifths:

Sonic rainboom.

Come back to me when you aren’t easy.

Anyways, I’ve been trying to figure out how to reskin ponies for Gmod, and I found a tutorial. It didn’t work for me, and I’m gonna try to figure out why, but if anybody else knows how to do it and can point me towards an easy way to learn or tell me how, I’d be thankful.

Also,

(Just to further kick the image cap’s ass)

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:17AM EDT

@Pinkimena
Been a while, my insane friend.

@Omegadrone

Did that help?

@Monty Python
I find this forum to be quite the good thing too, my friend.

EDIT- @Fifths
A comet, or a shooting star.

Last edited Jun 14, 2012 at 12:28AM EDT
Jun 14, 2012 at 12:21AM EDT

@Explosive Lasers

Damn that was quick. That would have really impressed me if, you know, that was the correct answer.

Edit: Nightmare Moon, you’re wrong as well.

Double Edit: It’s not a comet Popper. You’re extremely close Explosive Lasers. Make sure you’re paying attention to the whole riddle.

Last edited Jun 14, 2012 at 12:32AM EDT
Jun 14, 2012 at 12:22AM EDT

@Fifths
Its RD.
@Omega (Pyro)

Now you’ve got me sad…maybe a little something later will cheer us both up…you up for a nice stargazing run?

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:24AM EDT

@Fifths and Nightmare:

RD is too obvious.

It’s either the sonic rainboom or just a rainbow (RD’s trail), since it’s always behind, as in following RD, and a streak across the sky, as in leaving a trail.

It’s a rainbow or the sonic rainboom. Technically both, as they are both close to the same thing and leave the same effect.

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:28AM EDT

Skip to 0:56 or watch the entire thing.

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:31AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!