Forums / Discussion / General

170,567 total conversations in 5,576 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users

Is “Bend Over” a meme? Discuss.

No it is not a meme, it is merely an inside joke at the moment which was created from our boredom. If it continued to spread to other sites and other users could identify it then it might be considered a meme. Currently, it can be identified as a force meme because we are propagating amongst ourselves. I personally feel like it will not spread to other sites and it will ultimately wind up as the next Cheeto of KYM which we will joke about now and then, but it will not affect the fandom greatly.

Last edited Jun 19, 2012 at 08:06AM EDT
Jun 19, 2012 at 07:59AM EDT

^ What Tim basically said. Currently the whole Rarity bend over thing is just a fad or inside joke, not a meme. But then again, like I’ve said before elsewhere, having spread beyond a certain fandom is not a must for something to be a meme. It helps in showing spread, but isn’t needed. The argument of “forced” is also a popular one, but I’m calling it invalid. If a meme spreads with succes, it’s a meme, forced spread or not. But I’d like to see the end of the month first, by then the whole bend over thing with Rarity has most likely died out.

As for the current page, I changed it so it applied to bend over in General. But feel free to upload all these Rarity related image macros. If it spreads to really notable meme levels, I just return it to its original state and change the title. I’ll then add the usage of bend over as a catchphrase as a precursor in the origin section in that case. Giving both a mention that way, but keeping the focus on Rarity and MLP.

Last edited Jun 19, 2012 at 08:48AM EDT
Jun 19, 2012 at 08:41AM EDT

Can I propose a new topic you guys? Anyways, new topic. What do you think it was like in Discord’s reign of chaos? This is my headcannon for what happened in that time.

Last edited Jun 19, 2012 at 10:08AM EDT
Jun 19, 2012 at 10:07AM EDT

@BSoD
Yeah, that was my idea. Seeing how much it fit, I did it.
As for a meme, I would go along with Tim & Random. I wouldn’t suspect it to last for more than a week. It’s a fad, but not necessairly a meme.

Now, to improve my view of the character after the “bend over” craze, I would like to thank whoever made this:

I’m not sure if it’s the same artist, but I really do enjoy these World War II pics.

@Zarathh
Same headcanon

EDIT-@DeadParrot
Thanks a bunch! Wow, those pics of her’s are great!
Oh, and Rarity would probably be more like this:

Last edited Jun 19, 2012 at 12:09PM EDT
Jun 19, 2012 at 11:42AM EDT

I swear Rarity’s trying to change professions from seamstress to proctologist.

Oh god I loved this movie. This is the first time I’ve seen it ponified. Good work, artist.

Jun 19, 2012 at 11:45AM EDT

@Popper
Here’s the source of that Rarity picture for you: SOURCE
You can go thank them directly now! =)
I’ve seen a lot of her stuff around and it’s all great!
(She has quite a lot of Rarity in there, too!)

I think we know how Rarity would react to this whole ‘meme’ thing…

Last edited Jun 19, 2012 at 11:54AM EDT
Jun 19, 2012 at 11:53AM EDT

@Bend over:

I would consider it a term that’s used somewhat often, even before the deal with Rarity, but I wouldn’t exactly call it a meme, yet. It’s a phrase, kind of like ‘prepare your anus’, that had some memetic value because a lot of image macros used it. At the moment though, I don’t see it as a full-fledged meme, and I would merge it with Prepare Your Anus (if we have an article for it) in a week or two if we don’t see significant spread.

@Zar:

Actually, I’m writing a fan-fic about my headcanon so damn bad-ass procrastination is keeping its distance.

Which is fucking amazing, because it’s muddled in the affairs of a dozen others I should have completed by now.

@Rarity’s response to all of this:

Yep, she totally doesn’t want us to bend over.

Jun 19, 2012 at 12:30PM EDT

>Gets finished working outside
>Goes inside to get a glass of water and take a look at the image gallery
>Sees an image dump of overused unfunny jokes
>Mfw

Last edited Jun 19, 2012 at 02:26PM EDT
Jun 19, 2012 at 02:25PM EDT

@Zarathh
He’s just a fail troll. Downvote, and move on.

And that’s the day Rarity became Seal Clubba. Have fun, you two.

Jun 19, 2012 at 02:31PM EDT

Hey guys what’s goin o-…

I see you guys found the Bend Over thing.

Last edited Jun 19, 2012 at 03:46PM EDT
Jun 19, 2012 at 03:44PM EDT

Record19 wrote:

Hey guys what’s goin o-…

I see you guys found the Bend Over thing.

How could we avoid it?!

Jun 19, 2012 at 04:05PM EDT

Bend Over
its just an inside joke like rob ford i really can’t see this becoming a meme

Last edited Jun 19, 2012 at 05:22PM EDT
Jun 19, 2012 at 05:22PM EDT

DeadParrot222 wrote:

How could we avoid it?!

Well, it’s become a thing on Tumblr and it’s already dying.

Jun 19, 2012 at 05:29PM EDT

Record19 wrote:

i guess we should wait for 9gag to pick this thing up so then we can know its dead for sure

Jun 19, 2012 at 05:31PM EDT

Record19 wrote:

They’re trying to force a tired joke to be a meme?
I guess you could say…

They’re beating a dead horse!
HAHAHAHAHAhahaha…ha…

Okay, fine!
It wasn’t great.
Just stop looking at me like that!

Last edited Jun 19, 2012 at 05:53PM EDT
Jun 19, 2012 at 05:52PM EDT

DeadParrot222 wrote:

They’re trying to force a tired joke to be a meme?
I guess you could say…

They’re beating a dead horse!
HAHAHAHAHAhahaha…ha…

Okay, fine!
It wasn’t great.
Just stop looking at me like that!

Jun 19, 2012 at 06:45PM EDT

For anyone who wanted to download from the Ponibooru super-torrent but couldn’t (pretty much anyone without a Mac), someone over on Derpibooru has written a script that will do it for you!

Here’s the link: PONIBOORU DOWNLOADER
It will take a while to run, but it seems to be quite effective!
It even lets you filter out tags that you don’t want.

Jun 19, 2012 at 08:20PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

Is that….no….it can’t be…..

THEY PUT DERPY ON AN ACTUAL PRODUCT!

Jun 19, 2012 at 09:19PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

Meanwhile in the Soviet Union:

This can be a good and bad thing for The U.S. o.o

Jun 19, 2012 at 09:50PM EDT

Stop quoting large images unless you’re quoting from the previous page, blah blah blah, what do I care, you’ll forget like you did the last several times I’ve said it.

Jun 19, 2012 at 10:08PM EDT

SuperTrollz0r wrote:

Is that….no….it can’t be…..

THEY PUT DERPY ON AN ACTUAL PRODUCT!

Where have you been?
Derpy is (or technically ‘will soon be’) a real product, muffins and derp eyes included!

Last edited Jun 19, 2012 at 10:13PM EDT
Jun 19, 2012 at 10:12PM EDT

@Deadparrot

Do you know when it will finally appear in the shop?

Jun 19, 2012 at 10:23PM EDT

@Random

I heard that the official Derpy Toy was going to be a limited time only offer. It was made available for sale at a recent convention but was not to be released in stores.

I still thought it was a genius move on Hasbro’s part to rake in some extra cash without risking controversy

Jun 19, 2012 at 10:58PM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Random

I heard that the official Derpy Toy was going to be a limited time only offer. It was made available for sale at a recent convention but was not to be released in stores.

I still thought it was a genius move on Hasbro’s part to rake in some extra cash without risking controversy

Don’t worry Blue Screen, we won’t mind if you quote such small posts.

As for the toy: According to the article about it, the toy will appear in the online shop for limited time and stock after both events. So we still have to wait until July.

And yes, very smart of Hasbro. Such a small nod, but one which can get them so much profit.

Last edited Jun 19, 2012 at 11:14PM EDT
Jun 19, 2012 at 11:11PM EDT

Fifths’ day:

7 am: Time to go home after staying with friend for a few days. Hung over. Applejacks and coca cola for breakfast.
8:30 am: Reach train station after hour long car trip. The train tracks are under repair, so have to take a 3 hour long drive in a sweaty bus to Chicago. Get seated next to chatty old woman.
10:30 am: Weigh pros and cons of killing chatty old woman. Narrowly decide not to.
11:30 am: Arrive at Chicago, 6 hour layover. Try to kill time in the city. Get challenged to chess game by crazy looking homeless man. Lose to crazy homeless man. Badly. He wins 25$ from me.
5:30 pm: train for home finally departs…without me on it. Get ticket turned over and wait for next one
6:30 pm: Begin hour long transit home. Think everything is going to be alright. Rest eyes.
8:30 pm: Wake up in the middle of fucking country, missed my stop by an hour. Get to end of route, buy a new train ticket home. Pretty sure the guys two seats up front are meth heads.
10:00 pm: Get off at my stop this time. My ride’s car is broken, so I have to spend the last sorry remnant of my Dash plushie fund on a taxi. Can’t even be arsed to care at this point.
10:30 pm: Finally get home. House is empty and pitch black. Have one thing to say…

Time for Pony.

Jun 19, 2012 at 11:34PM EDT

@Explosive Lasers
Wow, that second one actually made my eyes tear up a bit. I rarely feel such emotions for an image.

The song is ok, but it made me think about how female fans are treated and identified in the fandom. Is the term Pegasister necessary to identify a female fan of MLP FIM?

Last edited Jun 20, 2012 at 12:01AM EDT
Jun 19, 2012 at 11:39PM EDT

@Explosive
Feels are whelming…give me a moment….
MFW:

@Fifths
Feel sorry for you man. Sounds like you had a crappy day. Well, hope pony helps…

Last edited Jun 19, 2012 at 11:44PM EDT
Jun 19, 2012 at 11:40PM EDT

@Random

Don’t worry Blue Screen, we won’t mind if you quote such small posts.

For the record, its not the size that matters, but I do have strict conditions about when to quote

Post right above me = No need to quote or even address. I’m sure you guys can logically follow discussion from one post to the next (Although I still addressed you anyway in my last post)

Post few posts above = No need for quote but probably need to address

Post several posts above = Address and quote specific parts

Post on previous page = Full quote

Post on previous page but contains huge text/image = Address and Quote specific parts regardless of how far it is

You get the idea

Jun 19, 2012 at 11:45PM EDT

@Explosive
Your name should be Explosive Lasers the Element of Feels.
Anyways, you made me get the feels too. Also, try combining those two comics with this music.

>Mfw

Jun 19, 2012 at 11:53PM EDT

@badsitrep
Don’t worry, it’s audio from Lolipop Chainsaw, animated by (egghhh) Tiarawhy.
I know, Tara Strong’s voice sounds really similar to Twilight Sparkle in that game.

Last edited Jun 20, 2012 at 12:11AM EDT
Jun 20, 2012 at 12:10AM EDT

@badsitrep & Windigo
Don’t forget Princess Clara from Drawn Together!
(Pretty NSFW dialogue)

Found more:

Last edited Jun 20, 2012 at 12:39AM EDT
Jun 20, 2012 at 12:38AM EDT

I…I’m sorry if this has been posted before, but I’m kind of feeling down as of late.
I feel replaced by Chrysalis a bit.
Why don’t you draw me as much as her.
I can be loveable, I can be cute like her…
I guess none of you really did love me after all.
Everywhere I look its Chrysalis this, Chrysalis that.
She’s really nice to be around, but I’m starting to wonder what’s wrong with me that’s keeping people from drawing art of me or loving me.
I just want to be loved again….at least there’s one left…
Anyone got anything to cheer me up a bit?

Last edited Jun 20, 2012 at 01:07AM EDT
Jun 20, 2012 at 12:59AM EDT

Back Later wrote:

I…I’m sorry if this has been posted before, but I’m kind of feeling down as of late.
I feel replaced by Chrysalis a bit.
Why don’t you draw me as much as her.
I can be loveable, I can be cute like her…
I guess none of you really did love me after all.
Everywhere I look its Chrysalis this, Chrysalis that.
She’s really nice to be around, but I’m starting to wonder what’s wrong with me that’s keeping people from drawing art of me or loving me.
I just want to be loved again….at least there’s one left…
Anyone got anything to cheer me up a bit?

Sssshshshshshshssshshshshsh…..be quiet Nightmare..you will always be loved here….no tears…only dreams now….

Last edited Jun 20, 2012 at 01:16AM EDT
Jun 20, 2012 at 01:10AM EDT

The quoted post has been deleted.

I know Pyro. I meant to type Nightmare but my brain though “HEY, EVEN THOUGH THIS IS NIGHTMARE MOON IM GONNA MAKE THIS POOR KID TYPE CHRYSALIS JUST TO BE A JACKASS, HEEEE HEEEE.” Also, my brain speaks caps lock.

Jun 20, 2012 at 01:17AM EDT

HEY.

HEY YOU.

GUESS WHO WILL BE JOINING ANDREW W.K. AT CANTERLOT GARDENS.

D.C. MOTHERFUCKIN’ DOUGLAS.

Sound familiar? No? Let me refresh your memory:

That’s right… Albert Wesker is a brony.
Hell Yes.

@Nightmare Moon
Hasbro doesn’t make Chrysalis toys. Just sayin’.
Also, you have a stellar moustache no changeling could ever hope to replicate.

SHEER BEAUTY!

If you’re still feeling down, I know what’ll cheer you up. A MAKEOVER!

EBIT:
@Seal Clubba
Dude, did you miss what Verbose just said?

Stop quoting large images unless you’re quoting from the previous page, blah blah blah, what do I care, you’ll forget like you did the last several times I’ve said it.

Please watch what you quote. Particularly when it is only one or two posts behind yours.

Last edited Jun 20, 2012 at 01:25AM EDT
Jun 20, 2012 at 01:20AM EDT

@Nightmare Moon
Aw, we still love you!
You’re so pretty!

And don’t be jealous of Chrysalis.
She’s just the new girl in town right now.
I’m sure the two of you can put aside your animosity and make up!

What?
No, Chrysalis!
‘Up!’
I said ‘make up!’

@Lantern
That’s awesome!
I hadn’t even heard about him being a brony at all before.
Where did that come from?
Whatever the reason, I hope he’ll be able to stick around longer than he usually does…

Last edited Jun 20, 2012 at 01:33AM EDT
Jun 20, 2012 at 01:22AM EDT

Moon…

Always…I wanna be with you…and make believe with you…and live in harmony, harmony, oh love….
Be mine forever…I’ll always love you….

Jun 20, 2012 at 01:36AM EDT

Let’s not forget something here:

Crysalis brainwashed the Captain of the Royal guard to both feed off of his emotions and weaken the shields around Canterlot in order to conquer the pony capital. All while sadistically reveling
in every moment of the ponies’ pain. That’s pretty evil.

Discord wanted to turn Equestria into a world somewhere between an Escher drawing and Lewis Carrol’s Wonderland as well as turning everyone into jerkasses for the lulz. That’s also fairly evil.

Nightmare Moon wanted to bring eternal night- an act that would effectively kill everypony in a way not dissimilar to the way the dinosaurs were killed off by a meteor blocking out the sun… twice… because she was jealous.

I’ll let you come to your own conclusions.

Edit:
(I still love all three of them)

Last edited Jun 20, 2012 at 01:45AM EDT
Jun 20, 2012 at 01:38AM EDT

>talking with Sparty on MSN
>see some guy got the world’s first Hardcore Inferno kill of Diablo on Diablo III

>send link
>URL is “http://i.imgur.com/zVFeI.jpg”
>for some reason, Sparty types the whole link out in his browser rather than clicking or copypasting
>types out a lowercase “L” instead of an uppercase “I”.
>gets this

Last edited Jun 20, 2012 at 01:43AM EDT
Jun 20, 2012 at 01:43AM EDT

I know that I am contributing nothing to the following conversation now, so have a Vinyl.

Jun 20, 2012 at 01:46AM EDT

@DeadParrot222
Equestria Daily recently updated with announcements for special guests at Canterlot Gardens. Cathy Weseluck is going to be there too, and that’s cool since she works on the show. But I just had to say D.C. Douglas was coming because that really threw me for a loop.

Last edited Jun 20, 2012 at 01:58AM EDT
Jun 20, 2012 at 01:57AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!