Forums / Discussion / General

232,892 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9926 posts from 193 users

So I've been gone for five days. I have no plans to read anything I missed, because I don't have time, so if I missed anything important, please, do not hesitate to let me know of its existence.

Now is the time where StarGazer will recap everything pony on his road trip. Though this post may not seem relevant at first, IT DOES CONTAIN PONIES. Just read it. A tl;dr version can be found at the bottom.

So this last weekend starting Saturday and up until an hour ago, I was off in Mississippi in order to go to a conference for an organization I am highly involved in (the name of which is irrelevant). On the way in, my family stopped in Memphis in order to take in the sights and be tourist-y for a day or two. Little did we know that for the entire duration of our stay at that hotel, we would be in the presence of Anime Blues Con 2012. The rest of my family was horrified and needless to say, I was the only one who had a good stay in that hotel.

But why is this pony? BECAUSE I SAW A MOTHER LOVING RAINBOW DASH COSPLAYER WHILE I WAS THERE.

Granted it was a dude.

With dreadlocks.

And all he had on was a cap with felt rainbow hair and tiny blue angel wings.

BUT IT WAS RAINBOW DASH COSPLAYER NONETHELESS.

Then, later I received a text message Check-In notification from Facebook on my phone with a mobile URL to see it on the site that ended in "XXXXXXXXXXXXMLP" the x's being other characters that are irrelevant. The odds of the fifteen digit url code ending in MLP in all caps, with none of the proceeding characters being in caps is astronomical, if I'm doing my calculations right. Freaky man.

At the conference I attended, board members (youths such as myself) performed skits based around themes in order to promote aspects of the organization to younger members in creative and fun ways. One of the skits was My Little Pony. They used the theme song at the beginning, and like any self-respecting brony who wants to respect those around him, I mouthed along quite happily. A friend of mine saw me doing this and he was all like:

And I was all like:

And then he was all like:

And I was all like:

And then I took the girl who played Rainbow Dash to the conference dance party.

TL;DR: Pony will follow you. EVERYWHERE. THERE IS NO ESCAPE.

Last edited Jun 20, 2012 at 10:41PM EDT

Let me ask you guys a question, and I would appreciate a serious answer more than a joking one. If a magical genie came and offered you the chance to live in Equestria for the rest of your life as a pony on the condition that you never be allowed to return to earth, would you accept?

Personally, I really can't say whether I would or not. This planet both depresses and fascinates me, and I think in the long run that Equestria wouldn't be as good at doing either of those things. Equestria seems a nice place to retire, when I'm old and have had my fill of earthly things and find I can no longer take the weathering this place does on my soul.

@Fifths
Errrr I would choose to stay on Earth personally, Like you said there are good things and bad things on Earth, and you know you have your freinds and family, other loved ones, and the internet. There's no video games in Equestria too, that means no minecraft, no TF2, no halflife, no portal, etc.

Now for the jokey part :P
I wouldnt want everyday having a villain all up in your face, trying to take over the world and all. If I were there when discord was turning ponyville into a place of madness, id nearly s*** my pants in fright.

@Fifths:

It really depends. If I could bring my brother and mother along, I most likely would, as it seems to be a perfect world, with just enough excitement and danger to keep me happy, without people being assholes. However, if I couldn't bring my brother and my mom, I'd be a lot more hesitant. I'm not sure if I'd be completely alright with abandoning them like that, as it's somewhat similar to suicide, in a way. I'd be gone from this world, and they wouldn't ever be able to see me again, so I'd debate the merits of doing it, in that case.

Still, I would choose Equestria over Earth in most cases, for various reasons.

Relevant:

@Deadparrot's pic

I dont really like those kind of pics to be honest. I don't think of the ponies as animals. They are pretty much humans just in a cartoon pony body, so pictures like that just seem so intimate and seem to reflect the desires of the artist. Last time I checked, my pets don't blush when I give them snacks, so that picture seems to intimate for my taste. IIts the same reason I don't like MLD. It just creeps me out that people desire to be with ponies so much.

@Megalolzors

"There’s no video games in Equestria…"

Objection!

I'd take the chance to live in Equestria, mostly because I'm depressed with the politics here on earth. I'm honestly a tad scared for the future of humanity. I'd take Discord's shenanigans over the various lobbyists trying to pass laws for nothing but personal gain any day of the week.

@Dac

Humans, at least in western culture, don't have that kind of intimate contact with each other unless it's something sexual. Ergo, the picture communicates that either Lyra is less than human, or this is something sexual.

@living in Equestria

Something I hadn't thought about was that if I did move to Equestria, I'd have to either become a pony fucker or celibate. Neither of those options particularly appeal to me. Not to mention that, since I'm a pony now, I'd probably be considered a sick weirdo with a fetish for human women. Humans are pretty fucking freaky looking when you think about it, hairless apes constantly standing upright and exposing their underbellies for all the world to see. They've got those flat faces and big heads and freaky looking hands shudder

And the females, what the fuck are with those giant lumps on their chest? What purpose do those serve?

@Fifths

Nope. I choose life on Earth. Why? For starters, I have family and friends (no matter how little they may be) that I would never want to leave behind. It would seem like a betrayal to me to just leave them behind after all they've done for me. Also, despite any problems I may have now, they are only temporary. I won't surrender my potential future here because of a few stalemates.

Second, like you pointed out, I would be a human in a pony's body. If I am at all displaced here, I most definately would be there. I would first have to learn how to walk again, not to mention various other basic everyday functions. Also like you detailed, there is the awkward matter of sex. Whether or not we can be considered to be attracted to them sexually certainly can be debated, I would still view them as being from another race, thus any intimate connections would be incredibly awkward, not even mentioning the sexual components.

Lastly, horses disgust me IRL. I think they smell, etc. No offense to Dac.

Last edited Jun 21, 2012 at 12:47AM EDT

I've said it before and I'll say it again, my vote for the next thread name is "KYM Pony General Episode VI: Return of the Pony"

@Fifths
If I was given the chance to live in Equestria as a pony, I would immediately say yes without thinking about it because I'm and idiot. Then I would immediately regret it because I'm now trapped as a pony in a confusing new world with no way to go back to the way I was and no way to go back to Earth.

@living in equestria
No way, I am content living on earth. I wouldn't leave my family and friends just because ponies are cute and all that bullshit. The pony world is too goody-goody. I couldn't live that. I love my world with all its flaws. Thats what makes life intersting. Also, no women, so that would make finding a relationship really hard.

@ muffins
Umm, I'm not a horse so I don't really care. I can see why many people don't like livestock, they are smelly if you aren't used to the smell. Plus they poo so god damn much

Why is it that whenever this kind of topic comes up, everyone starts mentioning ACTUAL HORSES? That's crazy talk, Equestrian ponies are nothing like them. They're basically humans in pastel pony shape, so this livestock business seems incredibly silly to even bring up.

As to whether I would choose a life in that world over this one, I don't really know. My family is really the only thing I would stay for, but I'm the kind of guy who welcomes a chance at new and incredible experiences. I think I'd be inclined to leave this crazy place behind, but I can't really say for sure.

I wouldn't want to be an earth pony, after all.

>Notices we've done almost 3 pages today
Man, this thread is actually moving faster than I thought. I really need to post more.

@Fifths
This exact topic was brought up a few months ago in the thread. I don't exactly remember what I said, but it was probably another one of those signature Twins™ TL;DRs that rarely make sense, if ever at all, and contain no more meaning that could be done in a few sentences.

Here, I'll try to be more succinct this time: No, I wouldn't want to become a pony and live in Equestria, and I don't see the appeal in such. The real world equivalent of Equestria, if it existed, would be nothing like the idyllic and picturesque society portrayed in the show. It would be beset by major social problems, including the utter lack of any male ponies, strong, divisive racial tensions (especially with the supposed inferiority of Earth ponies), an all-powerful and immortal absolute monarch, and a bunch of other stuff.

Plus, I wouldn't want to leave Earth behind. I love each and every one of my family members and friends, and for the most part, enjoy being a human being (although there's always a few members of our species that make me want to kill myself over). Leaving it all behind just to fulfill an unrealistic pony-filled fantasy would be, to quote Pinkie Pie, silly.

I must say, that was not quite succinct at all.

Last edited Jun 21, 2012 at 02:45AM EDT

These are the current ones suggested thus far:
KYM Pony General VI: Live free or Twi Hard
KYM Pony General VI: Pony General VI: Twilight has a well developed plot
KYM Pony General VI: Stay out of our shed
KYM Pony General Episode VI: Return of the Pony
KYM Pony General VI: Friendship, Unity, Caring, and Kindness
KYM Pony General VI: Know Your Pony
KYM Pony General VI: Never gonna say good-bye
Pony General VI: RandomMan Is Your God Now, Bring Him Your Virgins
Pony General VI: RandomMan’s Harem
Pony General VI: And May We All Bask In RandomMan’s Glory
Pony General VI: YES ANOTHER ONE, DEAL WITH IT
Pony Thread 6: >Implying We Talk About Ponies Here
Pony Thread 6 – Can’t Read My Pony Face P-P-Pony Face
Pony General VI: Because we needed another one

I like stay out of our shed

@Twins

If I may offer a rebuttal, I find that reasoning a bit odd. Instead of simply taking Equestria as we see it in the show, you claim that's not how the "real world equivalent" would be. Why not? Is the idea of such a society so extraordinary that you reject even the possibility of its existence outright? That kind of reminds me of a quote, actually.

"Some believed we lacked the programming language to describe your perfect world, but I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through misery and suffering. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from."

Your views are fascinatingly similar to Smith's claims, don't you think? Personally, I see no reason why an idealistic and peaceful society should be deemed so impossible, in spite of the factors you mentioned. If it's a whole other world, who says they have to play by our rules?

One other issue I have is that you reduced it to an "unrealistic pony-filled fantasy". I would see it as an incredible discovery, and an opportunity to experience a story like no other, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Lately, we've been throwing the word "fantasy" around like it's dirty or something. When we describe Tolkien's epics as fantasy, I'm pretty sure we don't mean it in a negative way, so why here? Humans have a pioneering spirit, so I see no reason it should automatically be creepy that many would choose this way.

Lastly, does loving others mean that we can't possibly live without them? Now, if I had children let's say, that would be another matter. But people say good-bye to friends and family members all the time. I think this really comes down to what your root motivation is. As it stands for me now, it would be a difficult offer to refuse. But, at the end of the day, I don't believe there's a right or wrong answer to this one.

Now for some art to make this post seem more interesting.

Last edited Jun 21, 2012 at 03:32AM EDT

warcraftnerd1234567 wrote:

u mad kid?

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

@Derpy Vazquez
*Guerilla. So close.

@warcraftnerd
You know, coming on to a pony thread and posting "go back to 4chan fetish idiots." Is not the best laid plan. Using the response of many a facebook blockheaded shites of "u mad?" makes this even more embarassing for you. Now none of us are even mad. So please, leave before you further tarnish such a 'great' and 'original' username as warcraftnerd and make a mockery out of yourself, you uncouth trite little pendejado marrano pedazo de mierda wue cree wue tiene el pinche derecho de juzgar a otros. Ahem. So just go.

EDIT: Yeah, I remeber him. And I know it's copypasta. I've just been working on a project for a few hours straight and it's 4 a.m. here, so I'm not in the best of moods. Forgive me.

Last edited Jun 21, 2012 at 04:56AM EDT

Maiden Heaven wrote:

@Derpy Vazquez
*Guerilla. So close.

@warcraftnerd
You know, coming on to a pony thread and posting "go back to 4chan fetish idiots." Is not the best laid plan. Using the response of many a facebook blockheaded shites of "u mad?" makes this even more embarassing for you. Now none of us are even mad. So please, leave before you further tarnish such a 'great' and 'original' username as warcraftnerd and make a mockery out of yourself, you uncouth trite little pendejado marrano pedazo de mierda wue cree wue tiene el pinche derecho de juzgar a otros. Ahem. So just go.

EDIT: Yeah, I remeber him. And I know it's copypasta. I've just been working on a project for a few hours straight and it's 4 a.m. here, so I'm not in the best of moods. Forgive me.

he has trolled here before and gets banned every tiem.
Oh and copypasta is tasty with all things mis-spelled

@El Slinker

Say hello to the famous Warcraftnerd. The most persistent and consistent troll KYM has ever had.

Here how it goes:

1. He says something retarded like "ur all vergins trolololol"

2. You call him out for his retardation in any way you please, it makes no difference what you do.

3. He ignores your reasoning to matter how laid out and just responds with "u mad vargin trolololol"

4. Rinse repeat infinitely

There is no getting around that cycle. The only way to win his game is to not play so just ignore him.

@New thread name

I'm going to put in one more vote for "Stay out of our shed"

Please don't encourage the fail-trolls guys. Listen to BSoD.

Back on topic;

@Fifths
Sure, I'd do it. Equestria just seems more interesting. Here, we get boring problems like bills and taxes and warcraftnerds. In Equestria, you get RIDICKALUS SHIT like hydras, dragons, and the ursa. Sure, it's more dangerous, but what's life without the occasional scuffle with a draconequis? A boring life, that's what. Human society just bores the piss out of me. Sure, I could just go to some third world country and find some non-boring threats to my existence, but without dragons and unicorns, who gives a fuck.

I don't really have to worry about leaving people behind in this scenario. Like Millennial Dan said, people have to say goodbye to friends and family all the time. I haven't made any friends offline yet because I keep moving, so everyone I know is still in my hometown. I guess I'd miss you guys but, eh, I'll miss you when my terrible luck with internet catches up with me and I can't get online again for, like the fiftieth time. Seriously, I've spent most of my three years on this site being idle because I had no internet. As for family, I'm moving out anyway, so, whatever.

@Thread Title
I vote either "Episode VI: Return of the Pony," or "Stay Out of Our Shed."

@BSoD
Yeah, sorry. As I stated before, I am not in the best of moods, so lapse of judgement.

@Fifths
I would certainly love to live in a world where everything was lollipops and gumdrops with the occasional insane villian trying to vertake the world. I may have to say goodbye to my friends and family, and that will be sad, but it is something I would surely sacrifice just so I could explore the world of Equestria. I am the kind of guy who doesn't really get attached to things really quickly, but when I do, I hold on hard to it, which will help the pain of saying goodbye to the world I know, but also make it harder to let go to my family and close friends. If I do go to Equestria, I would become quickly enamored by the ponies and place. Then again, I do have an emotional attachment problem that would make my first few months there a living hell from having no contact with people I knew. But I also do have an amazing amount of emotional stability if need be… So hard to decide, but in the long run, yes.

I put in a vote for anything but "Stay Out of Our Shed."

I'll put an actual vote in later today, but gosh, I don't want to be reminded of those HDD vids each time I come to the thread. Also, I haven't checked, but do we have a simple way to count the votes?

Thread Title: I like the sound of Episode VI: Return of the pony

@BlueScreen
Did I miss seeing a warcraft troll on here? Well it looks like he was banned anyways.

@El Slinker
I don't think I would want to say bye to my family and friends forever. I mean, they've been there for me when times were rough, teaches me lessons the show doesnt. The thing about being on Earth is, there are more lessons to be taught everyday than equestria due to some of the flaws of Earth. For example, what to do if you find yourself on the wrong side of town. There are more details to that lesson on Earth than equestria because of the increase of potential danger. In my opinion, I would want to live on Earth where we have more lessons to be taught than equestria. As for the love of my family and friends, that's another factor that i would stay here. That's my opinion, anyhows =).

Side Notes: I noticed there are followers, how does one follow a user?
And I'm a gold member already!? :O

Last edited Jun 21, 2012 at 09:44AM EDT

I agree with Verbose.
Please, no shed references…
I still don't understand the appeal of those movies…

I said it the first time, but I love Episode VI: Return of the Pony (Poni?) and that seems to be the most widely acceptable solution presented so far.

@Moving to Equestria
Honestly, I would most likely do it in a heartbeat.
Kinda like Lantern said, I find human society to be largely boring and unengaging so it would be infinitely entertaining to go to a world full of magic and excitement.
Just make me a unicorn so I don't have to shove everything in my mouth. =)

I really don't care if I leave to Equestria or not..well I am unsure if I should because that would mean I would be leaving my loved ones behind….And I do get home sick…So I might not even go, though it sounds exciting.

Last edited Jun 21, 2012 at 10:29AM EDT

My vote is Return of the Pony, and I don't even like Star Wars. I just don't want the thread to be called 'Stay out of our shed'.

For that discussion on whether or not you'd live in Equestria:

No, I really wouldn't want to do that. I couldn't leave behind everyone I know and all of the things I've achieved. I haven't achieved all that much, but if I were taken to Equestria, it would all be for nothing. I'm also not enough of a dick to leave my entire family behind so that I could go enjoy my own personal paradise. That seems a little selfish to me.

I also doubt I could cope with the technological and societal changes. I don't know what I'd do if I were suddenly disconnected from the internet, my video games and my music, and I'd be completely incapable of acting like everyone else in Equestria. I'm nowhere near nice enough to fit in there. I doubt many Equestrians would approve of my tendency to drop occasional F-bombs in random sentences.

Equestria also seems to be a bit bipolar. It would either be really slow, e.g. everyone goes about their business with huge smiles plastered on their faces, selling flowers or picking apples, or it would be a little too interesting for my tastes, e.g. cities under attack by mythical monsters. Earth is a bit more stable (or at least it is where I live).

There are also other problems that have already been mentioned, like difficulties with sex or learning to adjust to a new body.

@Algernon
How would you have sex in equestria? Its all nice and fluffy and happy and stuff, how would you have sex? The ponies don't have sexual organs so how are fillies born? Magic? What about the pegasi and earth poni- WAIT A SECOND. Earth ponies…. that means they're from Earth… what if two different gendered earth ponies were on a rocketship, from earth, and they lost contact, then one day the rocket ship hit equestria and the ponies could talk there due to a different atmosphere. This means we can go to equestria. Somebody call NASA now and demand a trip to the magical planet of Equestria!!!

Last edited Jun 21, 2012 at 10:47AM EDT

@Megalolzors:

Earth as in soil, dirt, and ground.

As for how they reproduce, Lauren Faust confirmed they reproduce like normal mammals.

And you have to realize that your sex drive might be changed when you're put into the new body. You'd likely find ponies more attractive as a pony yourself, for one, and you'd only really have a massive sex drive when you're in the rut, usually. So, it'd be a lot less simple than you guys are painting it as, unless you keep ever single function of your human body, except for the appearance. In which case, you aren't technically a pony, really.

You guys are also treating the ponies as if they truly are horses. We tend to do that a lot, I know, but they have enough human characteristics to not be horses. Diapers, toilets, bathing, silverware, cooking food, etc. prove that they're far more hygienic than a common horse on Earth. Saying otherwise is damn silly.

As for people talking shit about earth ponies:

Give that my mother was relatively old when I was born, and my brother's probably psychotic enough to die young (I'm already going to Hell, so why should I care?), if I didn't have any romantic bindings to Earth, I might seriously consider the offer to live in Equestria. It wouldn't be an immediate 'YES!' like the fucking fan-fics portray, but I would consider it.

@DeadParrot222 and Lasers
Well I guess that makes sense, but you never see the ponies penis/vagina (of course sense the show is supposed to be directed towards kids too), are they so microscopic you cant see them with the human eye or something or do they only magically appear right before sex? Also a question on the going to equestria thing, does that include only canon, or does include all the fandom, including tumblr and what not?

I'll break this out:

'“horse f###er” implies its bestiality, which it may or may not be.
Why “may not be”? Well, “best” implies “beast”: an unintelligent form of life. “beast” would imply the creature cannot speak, build, or form advanced communities (such as towns, cities,advanced governments, etc.).
Now, C.S. Lewis’s “Chronicles of Narnia” does feature what he calls “talking beasts”. They can speak, but as Qui-Gon Jinn in “The Phantom Menace” states: “The ability to speak does not make you intelligent”. As such, though those creatures can speak, they lack the other abilities that would otherwise make them intelligent (aside from, say, centaurs & fauns in the series).
The MLP ponies do carry the ability to speak, build cities and citadels, have advanced form of government (an absolute-monarchial position held by Celestia) and form advanced social communities, with an economy. In short, they are intelligent. Therefore, the term “beast” may not be applicable.
The main issue is that in Real Life, there are no creatures (that we know of now) that are intelligent as the homo sapiens. Therefore, the prospect of inter-intelligent life mating is not particularly thought of. The nature of the equines in the show makes it the target of “beast” though if they existed in real life they may not be.
However, there is an interest in communities (especially online ones) with other forms of intelligent life. Star Trek and Mass Effect both feature other “intelligent” forms of life other than humans (if I remember, protagonists in both do/can do things with these creatures). And remember that MLP is a cartoon. This feature throws most things about reality out the window.
Lastly, I think that most of the clopping bronies are fully aware of the fictionality of the characters.
Why is this important? Because its less likely for them to go out and do it in real life (where it would be seriously taboo). Sure, there are body pillows and that Lyra plush, but those are not real horses, are they?
I don’t clop, or take enjoyment out of sexualzations of MLP, but I just wanted to sort that out. No, it’s probably not what many would call morally correct, but it’s not what they think of. The issue for them really should be more “jerking off to fiction” rather than “jerking off to an animal” (pardon the terminology).'

Though, at the same time, it doesn't make it less weird or taboo. I would have no problem if I were to do anything with a human Chrysalis, but the regular one…that's going to take some thought, and I'd probably not do it.
Now, if I were a pony, then of course, that'd be a different story. Being fully intergrated into the culture, I guess things are different (of course; I'm a different species all together). Being such, I guess gender preferences are all that count here, considering I'm a pony and so is everyone else.
Would I go? At the same time, that take's thought. To do so is to pack up and leave all you have here and start from scratch over there. Though an overall better society, one will have initial problems adjusting to it. If one get's through this, sure, all is fine, but you have to consider how much you'll leave behind, and think if it's worth it.

@Megalolzors
You really expect them to draw that stuff in the show? I'd assume Mammalian reproduction does include those things, but I'd doubt they'd ever consider showing ponies doing it. There's R34 for that.

EDIT-@Lasers
Though as funny the thought, I doubt wings or horns have anything to do with their reproductive system. If they have anything to do with their sexuality at all, it's probably a sign of arousal. Other than that, headcanon states it's like every other mammal from there.

Last edited Jun 21, 2012 at 11:41AM EDT

@Megalolzors:

The fandom thinks of some freaky shit from out of nowhere (wingboner is so accepted it's practically canon, even though wings are made up of hollow bones and feathers and have very few if any blood veins in them, much less becoming rigid with arousal and I'm overanalyzing this because it irks me that the fandom accepted it so fast and I wanted to see how long I could make a fragment sentence and it seems pretty long so I think I got the point across). So, apparently, horns are dicks, wings are dicks, and earth ponies are everybody's bitches.

I guess.

Derpy Vaz wrote:

These are the current ones suggested thus far:
KYM Pony General VI: Live free or Twi Hard
KYM Pony General VI: Pony General VI: Twilight has a well developed plot
KYM Pony General VI: Stay out of our shed
KYM Pony General Episode VI: Return of the Pony
KYM Pony General VI: Friendship, Unity, Caring, and Kindness
KYM Pony General VI: Know Your Pony
KYM Pony General VI: Never gonna say good-bye
Pony General VI: RandomMan Is Your God Now, Bring Him Your Virgins
Pony General VI: RandomMan’s Harem
Pony General VI: And May We All Bask In RandomMan’s Glory
Pony General VI: YES ANOTHER ONE, DEAL WITH IT
Pony Thread 6: >Implying We Talk About Ponies Here
Pony Thread 6 – Can’t Read My Pony Face P-P-Pony Face
Pony General VI: Because we needed another one

I like stay out of our shed

KYM Pony General: Refriengeance

A couple people have said that they find human society boring and unengaging or that humans are uninteresting. Well, I have a couple things to say about that. Before I do, let me just say that I might sound a bit preachy and like a concerned parent, but I'm just trying to give helpfull advice.
First off, you can fantasize all day about equestria and the ponies and how nice it would be to go there, but you can't. It's impossible.
Human society isn't boring and unengaging, it's that you might not be engaging yourself. There is plenty of stuff to do and see in this world. Plenty of fun to be had. Millions of things to achieve, but if you just sit around complaining about human society and fantasizing about fake ones, you are missing out on your life. You might say that you don't like to party or do sports or whatever, but ask yourself if you have actually tried it. The only way you can't enjoy all the fun stuff in this world is if you have clinical depression, in which case you must get that checked out. Just go out, have a good time, meet people, just do something. I hate this acronym, but YOLO.
About relationships and humans being uninteresting, Don't knock it until you've tried it. I might be going out on a limb here, but to the ones who have said this, have you actually had a relationship with a girl( or guy)? Don't just close yourself to the opportunity due to preconceived notions that you really shouldn't have because you don't have the experience to have formed them. What else can you do? Fawn over characters that can never return the love you give them because they don't exist?
I just wrote this because some of the stuff I hear saddens me. Lack of irl friends, society and humans boring you, life being dull, etc. I am just trying to give you some stuff to think about that might help you get more out of life.

@Lasers
Oh, I think we know, AJ…

And the 'wingboner' thing is just a joke.
As with anything, there will always be a few people who take it seriously, but it was never really meant that way.
If you pay attention, the pegasi in the show will flare their wings during just about any emotionally charged scene (Dash yells at someone, Fluttershy screams, etc.)
Then, someone noticed this during Over a Barrel:

As Freud would say: "Everything is dicks!"

@Megalolzors

It's called the threshold of detail, or something like that. There are obviously some things that they're just not going to show.

I guess we never established this, but I assumed becoming ponified would be part of this gig. Being the sole human in the world would be a drag, if you ask me. So if we can assume that you are no longer human, the idea of bestiality would be moot. Not much to worry about there.

@Algernon

Personally, technology isn't something to which I'm really irrevocably attached.

@Dac

Who said anything about fantasizing the impossible? This is all based on Fifths' prompt, nothing more. I think many of us would jump at the chance to explore new worlds. And just because some would do it for the reason that it seems like a better life, well, that's nothing strange at all. In fact, it's what most people want anyway, so I don't see the big deal. This is in no way indicative of emotional problems, as you seem to be suggesting.

Edit: You know what's crazy about the horn thing, horns are sharp. They are commonly seen puncturing books, fruit, all kinds of stuff. I doubt they would make a very good prop for intimacy.

Last edited Jun 21, 2012 at 12:24PM EDT

@Deadparrot:

Yeah, I know it's a joke, which is why I had the shitty run-on sentence to explain it. But, I've also seen a lot of stuff taking it seriously.

Horns are another story altogether. It seems people think that, since they're phallic shaped, they must be intense sensory organs with a tie to sexual stimulation (i.e. a discostick)!

Wow, we are just speeding towards the end of the forum now.
We all do realize that it is just a fantasy, a simple "what if" scenario which most have complied that we probably not go. In addition, human society is a complex structure formed out of pride and power, were we are rarely willing to help those who we consider to be beneath our stature. It may not be perfect but I have come to terms with it, unfortunately. Finally, I already have a list of thing that I want to complete within my life time, some would call it a bucket list. (If you guys want to see my list to know what I am talking about, then I am more then happy to supply it.)

Bucket Lists/Life Lists are much more objectionable then YOLO which is used by young people for the justification to act stupid and try destructive actions which harm themselves and others.

@Explosive

Larger version

Last edited Jun 21, 2012 at 12:20PM EDT

@dan
I wasn't talking about you nor was I just talking about this question, but without naming anybody, There are a couple that I was talking to indirectly. And finding human society boring and uninteresting is an emotional problem, depression.

@tim
"You only live once" isn't stupid, what people do with it is. You can use it to justify trying a new restaurant, learning a new language, getting the courage to ask that girl you like out. It's not stupid at all.

Don't Make the mistake of thinking I'm addressing all of you or that I'm talking just about this question. If you don't thinks it applies to you, it might not.

Last edited Jun 21, 2012 at 12:42PM EDT

@Tim
Right on the money with YOLO. It's stupid. I mean, it stands for "You Only Live Once", so if that were the case for them, why the hell would you do something that would significantly lower your lifespan?

Anyway, in regards to the current topics, mind you that the interpretations that have been set as far as the use of horns and wings as erections came from coincidences like the one DeadParrot posted. Naturally, someone would take the folded out wings as an erection, and then (pompf?) we have "wingboners". Horn sparkling? Someone was like "that's gotta be arousal", and then (glow?) we have arousal-via-horn. So my guess is that all the things that are taken in regards to wings and horns came out of coincidences mutated into fads we have today.

@Dan

You make a good point, if your a pony there really is no beastiality, so it would be ok to have sex with another pony, if you were a pony. Then again, what would it be called if a pony were to want to have sex with a human? Would it still be called bestiality or something else?

Last edited Jun 21, 2012 at 12:33PM EDT

Dac wrote:

@dan
I wasn't talking about you nor was I just talking about this question, but without naming anybody, There are a couple that I was talking to indirectly. And finding human society boring and uninteresting is an emotional problem, depression.

@tim
"You only live once" isn't stupid, what people do with it is. You can use it to justify trying a new restaurant, learning a new language, getting the courage to ask that girl you like out. It's not stupid at all.

Don't Make the mistake of thinking I'm addressing all of you or that I'm talking just about this question. If you don't thinks it applies to you, it might not.

YOLO is a scapegoat for the use of stupid actions. Here is an example of the average YOLO user.

I am not saying living in the moment is bad, I simply do not believe in spontaneous doing something with very little thought which leads to destructive actions. That is why I believe a Life List is superior compared too YOLO.
/end rant

Last edited Jun 21, 2012 at 12:45PM EDT

@Popperfet
No, not right on the money popperfet. If you use it to justify dangerous behaoviors, you are in the wrong, not the phrase. Like I said, you could use it to get of your* ass and finally start drawing, working out, catching up with old friends, etc. saying it is stupid because people use it for the wrong reasons is like saying hypodermic needles are bad because they are used for various elicit drugs, you are ignoring all the good that can come from it.

• not yours, but in general

@Tim
And a bucket list can't be used for the same thing? But whatever, I wasn't telling anyone to drive drunk or do drugs in my post, so why you are focusing on yolo so much doesn't really make sense. I'm just saying that everyone needs to be more optimistic and try to enjoy the world instead of saying its dull and boring.

Last edited Jun 21, 2012 at 01:00PM EDT

@Popper
Horn are sexualized because they're phallic, plain and simple.
No deep thinking needed there.

It's just a silly way of alluding to dirty things without actually referencing dirty things.

@Dac
Pretty sure I'm one of those 'indirect' people because I think I used the word 'unegaging' on the last page.
Psychological analysis over the internet (with all the inaccuracies of tone rising from purely written language) is a tricky business so I don't really want to make a thing out of it.
Suffice it to say that while I'm sure I fit a few of the qualifications for depression (who doesn't nowadays?), it's really more of a general apathy to a lot of things.
I have plenty of stuff I like to do, but I'm also perfectly happy to just sit around doing nothing.
Or sleeping. Sleeping is fun!

@Mega
Now we're busting out the Japanese school girl outfits?

@Windigo, down below

Last edited Jun 21, 2012 at 01:09PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!