Forums / Discussion / General

170,278 total conversations in 5,455 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users

I definitely don’t think AJ’s any kind of Mary Sue. Twilight fits that description better, but you don’t see her losing any popularity contests. It would seem Applejack is unloved because she actually has a lick o’ sense. I ask you, where is the justice in that!

And now for something random again.

Oh, Rainbow Dash, how I hate it when you’re cute.

Edit: Did… I seriously just page get with a Rainbow Dash gif? I can’t believe this…

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 04:44AM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 04:42AM EDT

Rainbow Dash page? Rainbow Dash page.

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 05:12AM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 05:10AM EDT

AJ? Mary Sue? Nawww

Mary Sue’s are flawless characters that always win, are always right and/or always get the girl/guy…even when its completely unrealistic to do so. But we’ve seen AJ lose a couple times. She does have very ideal working ambition and common sense…the kind many of us wish we had but there’s a few episodes where even that fails as well.

In fact she’s probably the character than behaves most realistically (as far anthropomorphic characters go anyway)

It might pay to look at a few more episodes centered on AJ. She seems to have her share of personal problems so I’m not too convinced that she gets less love because she doesn’t have enough of that.

Instead, I have always been under the impression that AJ is simply less relateable to Bronies and that’s all the explanation needed as to why she is “best background pony”. How many of us here are hard working, productive, modest and southern?

Plus in addition to that, her character just doesn’t seem to grab people’s attention as much as other characters. Her cuteness gets overshadowed by Flutters, her sportsmanship gets overshadowed by Dash, her energy gets overshadowed by Pinkie, etc

She’s almost like a middle child.

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 06:24AM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 06:17AM EDT

I post stuff wrote:

Rainbow Dash page? Rainbow Dash page.

nope It’s Gunter time!

Jun 26, 2012 at 07:43AM EDT

The reason why AJ isn’t as popular as she deserves?

IT’S BECAUSE YOU’RE ALL LAZY GOOD FOR NOTHING NERDS WHO WOULDN’T SPEND A GOOD HARD DAY OF HONEST WORK IF YOUR LIVES DEPENDED IT ON! SHAME ON YOU ALL!

And then there’s Dac, a guy who grew up on a farm baling Hay or whatever farm peasents do and he turns into a faggot for Cristiano Ronaldo or some shit and likes Pinkie Pie or Rarity or some other dog gone thing AND I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOORE!

Jun 26, 2012 at 09:03AM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

The reason why AJ isn’t as popular as she deserves?

IT’S BECAUSE YOU’RE ALL LAZY GOOD FOR NOTHING NERDS WHO WOULDN’T SPEND A GOOD HARD DAY OF HONEST WORK IF YOUR LIVES DEPENDED IT ON! SHAME ON YOU ALL!

And then there’s Dac, a guy who grew up on a farm baling Hay or whatever farm peasents do and he turns into a faggot for Cristiano Ronaldo or some shit and likes Pinkie Pie or Rarity or some other dog gone thing AND I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOORE!

Jun 26, 2012 at 09:21AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

AJ? Mary Sue? Nawww

Mary Sue’s are flawless characters that always win, are always right and/or always get the girl/guy…even when its completely unrealistic to do so. But we’ve seen AJ lose a couple times. She does have very ideal working ambition and common sense…the kind many of us wish we had but there’s a few episodes where even that fails as well.

In fact she’s probably the character than behaves most realistically (as far anthropomorphic characters go anyway)

It might pay to look at a few more episodes centered on AJ. She seems to have her share of personal problems so I’m not too convinced that she gets less love because she doesn’t have enough of that.

Instead, I have always been under the impression that AJ is simply less relateable to Bronies and that’s all the explanation needed as to why she is “best background pony”. How many of us here are hard working, productive, modest and southern?

Plus in addition to that, her character just doesn’t seem to grab people’s attention as much as other characters. Her cuteness gets overshadowed by Flutters, her sportsmanship gets overshadowed by Dash, her energy gets overshadowed by Pinkie, etc

Well I am hard working at school I do get a lot of stuff done and don’t screw around. I do be productive at home believe it or not, just only when I have home work or when my mom makes me do stuff around the house. I also live in N.C. which is ironically considered to be in the south…

I guess I got more similarities to AJ then I thought. O.o

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 09:50AM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 09:49AM EDT

In retrospect, maybe the way I described AJ would describe a lot of people. I was speaking in very simple terms and there is certainly more to her than that.

But disregarding similarities, the biggest question is if AJ is a character you can relate towards and thus favor?

My thinking is that there might be a correlation between between the overall appreciation of AJ and the percentage of Bronies who can find her anything like themselves. And while I’m sure some of us enjoy outdoor field work and country lifestyle, I am sure that there are many more of us who are somewhat the opposite

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 10:23AM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 10:19AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

In retrospect, maybe the way I described AJ would describe a lot of people. I was speaking in very simple terms and there is certainly more to her than that.

But disregarding similarities, the biggest question is if AJ is a character you can relate towards and thus favor?

My thinking is that there might be a correlation between between the overall appreciation of AJ and the percentage of Bronies who can find her anything like themselves. And while I’m sure some of us enjoy outdoor field work and country lifestyle, I am sure that there are many more of us who are somewhat the opposite

I like her because she is a pretty kind, honest, that gets things done when it needs to be. She is also family oriented as some other people say. Some people have hard times relating to her.

Unrelated:

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 10:26AM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 10:24AM EDT

@AJ discussion
Well, Ric does have a point.
Her southern-like character makes her less-interesting than the others. She’s less dynamic as opposed to Dash or Pinkie.

@BSoD
I really don’t know if I can relate as much. I was born in the South but I am most unlike any southerner. Even though I do work hard on school work, and do various things with my time, However…I don’t consider myself “southern”, mainly because I was raised like a northerner and a European. I’d say work ethic (when there is to do) is my only similarity.

unrelated:

Rarity, you have several options:

1. Sneak off and pray that the police don’t catch you

2. Apologize to the shopkeep and pay the lost sums in return for not being prosecuted.

3. If you don’t have the sums, take a job at Sugarcube Corner in return for not being prosecuted and your pay goes into the lost sums

or…

4. Wait until it’s dark, put on a gown and make yourself look pretty, and wait at a streetcorner. Hopefully it’s only Spike that will find you and he has enough money. Use the money you get to pay the lost sums.

We all know what happens in option #4, so I would not advise it.

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 10:35AM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 10:30AM EDT

@I Post Stuff
Rainbow Dash page?
Maybe?
Alright then….

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 10:33AM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 10:30AM EDT

CocoaCannon wrote:

@I Post Stuff
Rainbow Dash page?
Maybe?
Alright then….

not to get all fanboy here but really the move who uses that that anyways what a waste of bits
this has been my fanboy rant

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:48AM EDT

@AJ
Oh, god, what did I start?
Less relateable is probably the best explanation.
There aren’t a whole lot of similarities between a southern-California suburb and a farm so that even though I share a lot of her general honesty and rationality, it’s hard to really connect.
That, and I’m lazy as hell.

@Popper
So that’s where this weird Megasweet drawing came from…

@Random
Yay, it’s that thing I stopped caring about 3 episodes ago and only continue to watch out of morbid curiosity! Can’t actually watch it until I get home so no one ruin it for me! I want to be surprised when a character makes a random,unfunny sexual joke with no provocation!

Come on, everyone! Rainbow Dash page!

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:36AM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Okay, that’s enough internet for today…

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:39AM EDT

@Randomman

That was actually less disturbing than I expected it to be.

HotDiggety’s style of humor seems to changing. He’s taking himself more seriously and being more creative rather than just using pure vile and stupid crudeness.

I confess, I laughed at Pinkies"horses face" insult. It’s funny because they are horses, hurr hurr hurrrrr…I’m going to bed.

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 11:57AM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 11:56AM EDT

Obligatory Rainbow Dash.

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 12:15PM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 12:05PM EDT

Wow… I can’t say I expected that from PARTY.MOV. That was a lot more creative than I thought it would be. I mean seriously, a documentary on the life of Pinkie? I bet nobody saw that coming.

I also agree with Blue Screen, HotDiggety seems to be aiming towards a more mature sense of humour. It’s still a bit crass (e.g. period jokes), but much improved over the likes of DRESS.MOV. I also think his animation is improving in quality, which is quite impressive when you consider he was already pretty damn good at it.

I don’t think he beat SHED.MOV or MAGIC.MOV, but it was still really entertaining. I hope he keeps making MLP parodies once this series is over, since I kinda like his messed up sense of humour.

Damn, now I’m really looking forward to SWAG.MOV. I read on his Tumblr that he might be revealing it at a brony convention in LA sometime next month. I’m expecting something big.

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:09PM EDT

Guys, I have some serious news.

I heard a news story this morning that one of the producers for MLP was injured in a hit and run accident here in LA. I’ve been despratley searching for the story, but from what I’ve heard, he’s going to be fine.

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:38PM EDT

I wouldn’t call AJ a Mary Sue, as much as I would say that she is lacking some screen time in a similar fashion to Rarity (yes, I’m still making that argument). As someone who likes to analyze things, I would say her main flaw is pride. This was shown in “Applebuck Season” and “The Last Roundup”. She fears showing weakness, and thus she continuously turns down her friends help and attempts to understand her.

Don’t remind me.

Rainbow Dash page? Fine, I’ll bite.

@Next title

I’m voting for the PM and 3 vote system. Sure, there are people that lurk this thread and our conversations, but I think it’s only fair that we be the ones that decide on the next title, given we’re the ones that create such topics and continue them.

That, and, I’ll be honest, I don’t want Stay out of our Shed to win. Despite suggesting it myself. That makes my opinion somewhat biased.

Continuing Mary Sues:

A lot of people are once again going to object to what I have to say, so I’m hoping we can all be responsible about this. Nobody really asks for this, but I’ve been feeling a need to rant about this since forever.

Am I the only one (other than some of the people that ranted on that page) that hates Nyx with a passion? For those of you that don’t know who she is, she’s one of the protagonists of the popular fic Past Sins.

(Spoilers abound in this next part, so I’ll be white-texting some bits. Read those at your own risk.)
Let’s go over her personality traits:
- She’s Nightmare Moon reincarnate, and thus is an alicorn goddess
- She’s really shy, to the extent like Fluttershy was in season 1. No offense to any Fluttershy lovers (Verbose).
- She’s really gifted in magic
- She’s loved by everyone (%{color:white}Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon are expected to be asswipes, they don’t count%)

Et Cetera. Normally, I wouldn’t get so mad at under-developed characters in fics, but the problem I have is that she’s so goddamn popular. She gets her own artwork, she has her own Deviantart groups, etc. Despite her lack of believable personality, she’s held so highly in the fandom.

Once again, I mean no offense to anyone who likes Nyx or Past Sins. I’m just stating my opinion. I actually sort of liked the first half of Past Sins and thought some parts of it were well-written. I didn’t like the second half of it at all, but that’s a different story for another day.

Also, for those wondering about my mysterious disappearance from the thread (and site):

I never asked for this. You can expect me to return after I’ve finished stabbing hookers serving justice in the streets of Detroit.

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 12:38PM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 12:38PM EDT

Rainbow Dash page? Let’s have a Dainbow Rash page instead.

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:58PM EDT

>Am I the only one who hates Nyx with a passion?

Obviously you’ve never spent very long in the Ponibooru comments section while it was still alive.

However, I must commend you for not getting so ridiculously, rabidly butthurt whenever she’s posted like they did.

@Party.MOV:

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 01:13PM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 01:08PM EDT

@Muffins, on Nyx
If I may, I’d like to play Devil’s Advocate here.

Damn! Faulted again!

Anyway… Past Sins.
Oh, this should be fun!
Honestly, I’ve never really understood all the hate that Nyx gets. If she is a Mary Sue, she’s not a very strong one.
(Spoilers Ahead!)
Your three points specifically:
+Considering that she was created in an unholy ritual and left to die in a forest, her shyness is rather justified. Even then, she really wasn’t all that shy. As I recall, she wanted to go out and make friends, but it was Twilight holding her back out of fear of ponies discovering who she was.
+Well, she is essentially Nightmare Moon. We know that NMM is supposed to be a pretty even match for Celestia, possibly even more powerful based on her takeover in the pilot episode.
+She wasn’t really loved by everyone any more than every other random side character in the show. As far as they’re concerned, she’s just some new kid in town. Considering Ponyville’s rather kind atmosphere, it would have been more out of character for ponies to treat her like crap without provocation. Not to mention, most were only nice to her because she was in disguise. The instant her identity was revealed, that changed.

By the way, despite most popular opinions, Past Sins was not Nyx’s original appearance.
She first showed up in Creeping Darkness (HERE), a highly entertaining Alan Wake crossover fic.
Very much worth the read if you’ve ever played the game, and maybe even if you haven’t.

Just to note, I’m not biased here. I didn’t really like Past Sins all that much either. Like Muffins said, the early parts were better that the latter ones and I think the writer left a huge potential for character development on the cutting room floor. It would have been far more interesting (and made better justification for her later actions) if Nyx were ‘found out’ while still a filly. I was really hoping for a Frankenstein-esque, ‘kill the monster because it’s different’ kind of angle that never manifested. Then, you could guarantee that at least some of the town would go nuts and try to banish/kill her which would actually make some feelings of betrayal evident rather than having Nyx just assume they exist later on.

I just felt like typing this because I have never thought that it deserves either the fanatical praise nor the vitriolic hate that I’ve seen for it (not that I’m accusing Muffins of this, but there was a lot of it around a few months back).
Overall, it was a good story, but it had its issues.

This has been ‘Past Sins in a Nutshell!’
Say ‘Goodnight,’ Nyx!

Obligatory Rainbow Dash:

@WhitishCollar, below

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 01:32PM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 01:23PM EDT

Hi everypony,

i am a new here, but have been a silent reader for some time now. Actually i know kym since the old rocketboom days, but i never thought of registering here or contributing anything.

But the times are changing and if it weren’t for ponies i would not be here. As i love to read those pony introductory posts i am doing one as well:

I have seen the MLP craze start about a year ago, but as i have the ability to just ignore stuff, i sort of scrolled over the images and never checked the show out. As the ponies got featured in a kym episode i tried to watch the first MLP episode out of curiosity, which was linked in the article, but i could not finish the episode as the intro had a heavy repellent effect;)

I have never tried to watch the show again until i stumbled upon some fanmade intro based on Game of Thrones. The intro was so well done and the love for the show was so clearly visible, that i just sat there amazed by the bronywork and gave the show a second chance. The result was, that i watched all episodes in less than a week and had to wait two weeks for the final.

Since that time ponies are on my mind, well there is just so much to catch up and check out. It is amazing how much stuff has been produced in less than 2 years and the community is so vivid that it doesn’t seem to end anytime soon.

BTT:
I don’t like HotDiggety’s .MOV series. That stuff is just so cruel and disturbing. I don’t have a problem with black humor, but this series is just unfunny. Thus i will just ignore it.

Jun 26, 2012 at 01:28PM EDT

@Takashi
Oh good I thought I was the only one who laughed at some parts in the video
@Mary sues
I wouldnt say Applejack is a mary sue. Most mary sues are more powerful/talented/faster/etc.
Let’s do a comparison with Celestia, who I’m sure we all know she’s a mary sue
AppleJack
+Fast land racer
-Gets 2nd place medals
-No horn, no magic
-No wings, can’t fly
-More of a follower than a leader

Now for Celestia…
+Flies
+Has the most powerful magic in Equestria (except that one time when Chrysalis… you all know…)
+Raises the sun
+The supreme leader of Equestria
+Has a pet phoenix
+Banished her sister to the moon for a thousand years
+Everyone in Equestria looks up to her

Must I go on?

@Hackenbacker
If you find the full story, please put it on here so we can all read it.

@Whitish
Ah, a new member!
I was new about 6-7 days ago…
Lemme give you a brief introduction you to some of our members

RandomMan- Sr. Entry Modder, the supreme master of swag
Verbose-Forum Moderator, loves fluttershy, dont forget to remind him that
DeadParrot- Loves scootaloo, never forget that
Popperfett- Bounty Hunter, lover of Chrysalis

and me?

Well, just gotta let you know that Derpy is best pony.

That’s all I’m gonna mention for now, other members here will probably give you more details to the members

Welcome to the forums :D.
oh, and I was a long-time mlp comment section/ image/ forums lurker like you
so I know that feel.

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 01:54PM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 01:38PM EDT

Oh you guys. Sometimes I wish I had the knowledge of things and attention span required to
crank out Tl;dr posts on a regular basis like a good number of you do. But I just -

Holy fuck this is cute.

@PARTY.MOV

hahaha wow

Jun 26, 2012 at 01:39PM EDT

@PARTY.MOV:

I really don’t mind HDDs stuff, usually, and I’ll probably watch that, but not right now. Can’t really make too much noise, at the moment.

Anyways, I’m glad to hear he’s becoming more creative and mature. I thought the Northern Incident video was pretty disturbing up until the monsters were shown, which is when I started laughing my ass off. It was immensely funny, while being darkish, without the over-the-top deal some of the .MOV stuff had.

Also, I imagine Andrew W.K. would enjoy this short, judging by the title.

@Rainbow Dash page:

@Applejack:

She’s very far from a Mary Sue, trust me. Mary Sues have very few flaws, if any, and they’re usually self-insertion of the author or the author’s favorite character, by an immense margin. Applejack is neither, as she has very little screen time compared to most of the Mane Six, and she also has several flaws. One of the flaws, pride, is the ultimate indicator against a Mary Sue. Mary Sues are usually never wrong, always rightfully prideful, and rarely overestimate themselves. Applejack has been wrong, has misjudged others, has been prideful beyond herself, and has overestimated her capabilities multiple times. She’s also shown that she isn’t flawlessly courageous, as she was too afraid to face her friends after losing the rodeo in the Last Roundup.

I’d, honestly, say none of the Mane Six are even close to being Mary Sues. They show enough flaws, character development, and believable traits to be considered very good characters. Several non-main characters are like that too, namely Spike, Celestia, and Luna.

None of the characters on the show are Mary Sues, except for possible fan depictions of the characters (they don’t count, though). Applejack is just the metaphorical lightning rod of the Mane Six, taking all the crazy and grounding it by being reasonable. She makes mistakes and slips up, too, but she helps prevent others from doing the same.

@Whitishcollar:

Welcome to being a member on KYM, then. Generally speaking, we’re (usually) more reasonable than other places, in my experience, so you’ll likely have an enjoyable stay.

Obligatory, though if you’ve lurked you’ve probably read it:

’Verbose is the local TL;DR king and a mod, RandomMan gets all the bitches and is generally the best guy ever, Algy likes fan-fics, Muffinator and I are clones (according to Verbose), Ric is a pegasus with augmentation bullshit, Popper is a Mandalorian with the hots for Chrysalis, Pyro is Nightmare Moon’s waifu (and vice-versa), Twins is a girl that’s been strangely absent, Dac provides the shitstorms and controversy, and Princess Celestia is best pony. El Slinker, Windigo, Zarathh, and everybody else are awesome bros that come before hoes.

Now that that’s out of the way, make sure to be kind, contribute to discussions when you can and try to be nice and you’ll do fine. If you go to the Just For Fun forum, Captain Serious (AKA Thomas Nair) is kind of a dick, and hates bronies with a passion. Try to troll him as often as possible.’

Lastly:

yfw I listened to this:

while running through this:

Jun 26, 2012 at 01:45PM EDT
…Like Muffins said, the early parts were better that the latter ones and I think the writer left a huge potential for character development on the cutting room floor. It would have been far more interesting (and made better justification for her later actions) if Nyx were ‘found out’ while still a filly. I was really hoping for a Frankenstein-esque, ‘kill the monster because it’s different’ kind of angle that never manifested.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I think the largest mistake the author made was to take the whole (spoilers in white text) she returns to her original form to gain vengeance approach. For the next 4 chapters or so, she’s just dawdling about in a castle detesting everything. Also, I thought it ended too happily, though that may just be because I enjoy tragedy.

Overall, I think it could have been a whole lot better. I’ve said this many times before, but there are fics much more worthy of Past Sin’s fame (cough cough, go read Eternal, dammit, cough cough).

Moar obligatory RD:

As much as I disliked MLD, I’ll admit this image is adorable.

Btw, if I haven’t mentioned this, “Read it and Weep” is my favorite episode.

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 02:09PM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 01:51PM EDT

@Muffins
Yeah, I’d say that Past Sins is quite a bit more deserving of its fame than MLD.
I just read MLD about a week ago and was honestly surprised at how much it bothered me.
Considering the amount of content that’s been generated around it, the actual story was pretty weakly written and not exactly engrossing.

Have some Ninja Dash in honor of your favorite episode:

@Iamslow

Jun 26, 2012 at 03:11PM EDT

CONGRATULATIONS THIS HAS BEEN THE LONGEST THREAD IN KYM HISTORY
I DONT REMEMBER ANY OTHER THREAD BEING THIS DAMN LONG.
unless there was another pony thread that was longer…
I usually don’t pay attention to them.

Jun 26, 2012 at 03:18PM EDT

Ann Hiro wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS THIS HAS BEEN THE LONGEST THREAD IN KYM HISTORY
I DONT REMEMBER ANY OTHER THREAD BEING THIS DAMN LONG.
unless there was another pony thread that was longer…
I usually don’t pay attention to them.

We’ve had 4 other threads that each went up to 200 pages long. This one is ending at page 200 as well.

Jun 26, 2012 at 03:19PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Get a load of dis gal.
Pinkie thinks it will be interesting talking to such a parallel form of herself.

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 03:39PM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 03:35PM EDT

@Electric Muffins
All together, that’s 1000 pages of ponies

@Pinkamena Diane Pie
Do you talk to all of your parallel forms, or just the ones you choose to speak to?

Jun 26, 2012 at 03:48PM EDT

Relevant:

@Hackenbacker
Make sure you send it in to EqD. That way we can organize some kind of effort to send them a card or money or something.

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 03:52PM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 03:51PM EDT

@whitishcollar
Greetings…
Welcome to hell the forums.
We are a lively bunch, as you see. Being a lurker, you’re probably familiar with some of our crew here. Solaire was pretty spot on with the introductions for any you don’t know. I would suggest Connor the Brony’s forum user guide for more information on some of the other people (he has to add a few).
Anyway, I hope your stay here is a pleasant one. Follow the rules, and be nice.
Oh, and there’s one more thing:
do not mention what happened to Derpy
I should know this better than everyone else. People get butthurt like nobody’s buisness, and there’s karmabombing everywhere. Such an arguement actually drove away (mostly) one of our respectable users, CitationNeeded.
So, yeah, have fun.

Back to PARTY.MOV

I can pretty much describe me watching any .MOV like this:

I watch it only because of curiosity on how bad. It’s honestly very very crude and unnerving humor, but it’s something you feel like you have to see. Now, I admit, it sometimes has it’s moments, but for the most part, it’s just weird.

@Pinkimena
And I thought you were insane…

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 06:42PM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 06:27PM EDT

Brony Bios have been alphabetized and had all the new members’ bios added.

If you see any errors please post on my wall (or PM me) about them. Make sure all the info in your bio is correct. I also may have lost one or two when I was cutting and pasting earlier, tell me if you see one missing. (Ideo’s was left out on purpose, he’s not here enough to warrant being on the list.)

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 08:50PM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 08:49PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Oh god that was wonderful.

Jun 26, 2012 at 09:24PM EDT

@pheonix
If Christiano was a faggot, then why do I look like him?
Christianity:1
Pheonix:0

@party.mov
That was brilliant! Spike is really the star of the show though.

Jun 26, 2012 at 09:57PM EDT

New .mov already? Didn’t expect it to be documentary-style. +1 creativity points for hotdiggedydemon.

Yeah, I still find his brand of humour to be unfunny, and the art style is (intentionally) creepy and unaesthetically pleasing as ever. But he does put a lot of work into it, and I can definitely see the appeal to others (coughcough dac) who like this kind of stuff.

I can’t believe he ruined the almost touching ending with a lame joke like that.

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:02PM EDT

@Twins
Yeah, that was a bit much. But it was an .MOV after all
Innocence and touching is almost thrown out of the window with that being said.

Unrelated:

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:12PM EDT

So in Party.mov, the scene where pinkie holds up the vodka had some strange apple patterns at the bottom of the glass… well someone decoded it….

See, apples with holes in it are “L”, Apples to the side are “E”, apples split diagonally left are “P”, etc.

mfw I see this

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:39PM EDT

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

@Twins
Yeah, that was a bit much. But it was an .MOV after all
Innocence and touching is almost thrown out of the window with that being said.

Unrelated:

I don’t get it. Isn’t Rarity British?

inb4algernon

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:45PM EDT

HEY KIDS, YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?!

“Time for you to find a new running gag?”

…Well yes, BUT IT’S ALSO TIME FOR THE LATEST INSTALLMENT OF: TAKASHI’S PONY PARODIES!!

And Today’s comes from a song by a band that I’m 99% certain that NONE OF YOU HAVE EVER HEARD OF!

/ReluctantHipster

I’ve recently discovered Battleplan by Derdian, and it’s quickly worked its way up into my top favorites. From the lyrics I’ve read, it sounds like it’s about some guy trying to kill some important kingly guy named Exhentar.

I read it and got the idea of a pony parody about Nightmare Moon plotting to overthrow Celestia both using Discord as a distraction and her own night guard, and it kinda spiraled from there.

Prepare your brains’s anuses, because I’m about to give you a glimpse into Nightmare’s plan!

The battle plan goes through my head
I have already planned to conquer the all the heav’ns!
He’ll be released within tonight
Forcing Celestia to fight

What I’ve prepared is just unfair
But I don t care about it because my night will prevail
The stars above will fall and bring death for all
Defeating her gives me control!

(My royal subjects ignore my arts)
And her behaviour is so false
(I’ll show them all, I’ll make them love the night)
No pity, no remorse, no fear and no retreat!

I’ve got a plan to kill Celestia
She’s daring to obscure my fame
He’ll try the tear, she’ll try the despair I need
To impede her fate
I will propose a false alliance
Deceiving Discord and then
She’ll be surprised, (She’ll be surprised!)
My sister will die! (Sister will die!)
And I’ll bring everlasting niiiiiiiiiight!
(And she’ll bring everlasting niiiiiiiight!)

I don’t know why he said to be
A friend of mine, an old ally
I don’t remember who is he
I only know he’s just a pawn to me!*
I’ll hide and wait until she says
that finally she’ll meet at the place
I wanna see the blood upon her face
Even if it causes the extinction of our race!

(I’ll call her to chase Discord down)
But by then he will be bound!
(Instead I’ll wait for her in the Everfree forest)
No pity, no remorse, no fear and no retreat!

To impede her fate

[KICKASS GUITAR SOLO]

To impede her fate

*Note: Luna’s transforming into Nightmare Moon, her hatred and envy towards Celestia’s taking over her functions and she’s starting to forget about everything else. She’s forgotten why she hates Discord, but she knows Celestia hates him, so she’s using Discord to lure Celestia into a trap. (Just in case it wasn’t clear enough.)

Here’s hoping I didn’t use up the last post on the page so people will actually see it!

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 11:08PM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 11:06PM EDT

Solaire wrote:

’Verbose is the local TL;DR king and a mod, RandomMan gets all the bitches and is generally the best guy ever, Algy likes fan-fics, Muffinator and I are clones (according to Verbose), Ric is a pegasus with augmentation bullshit, Popper is a Mandalorian with the hots for Chrysalis, Pyro is Nightmare Moon’s waifu (and vice-versa), Twins is a girl that’s been strangely absent, Dac provides the shitstorms and controversy, and Princess Celestia is best pony. El Slinker, Windigo, Zarathh, and everybody else are awesome bros that come before hoes.

STOP SPREADING THESE VILE LIES AND PROPAGANDA!

Dac the Douche Portuguese wrote:

@pheonix
If Christiano was a faggot, then why do I look like him?
Christianity:1

I seriously think that Cristiano has some sort of homosexual obsession with Messi, it’s like he mentions him every interview:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/2898/euro-2012/2012/06/24/3197777/ronaldo-not-thinking-about-critics

Jun 27, 2012 at 12:32AM EDT

@Solaire
I only was part of one shitstorm really, I pretty sure I have other traits that stick out…

@pheonix
If Christiano was a faggot, why is messi from Argentina?
Christianity:2

Jun 27, 2012 at 01:19AM EDT

Solaire wrote:

Verbose is the local TL;DR king and a mod, RandomMan gets all the bitches and is generally the best guy ever, Algy likes fan-fics, Muffinator and I are clones (according to Verbose), Ric is a pegasus with augmentation bullshit, Popper is a Mandalorian with the hots for Chrysalis, Pyro is Nightmare Moon’s waifu (and vice-versa), Twins is a girl that’s been strangely absent, Dac provides the shitstorms and controversy, and Princess Celestia is best pony. El Slinker, Windigo, Zarathh, and everybody else are awesome bros that come before hoes.

That’s like, the worst description of me ever. You completely neglected to point out my capability to over-analyze every little detail of every little thing in giant walls of nonsensical TL;DRs while highlighting my mostly irrelevant femaleness.

(I like how we’re critiquing this thing he wrote a month or so back right now)

Jun 27, 2012 at 02:11AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!