195,704 total conversations in 5,388 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9,954 conversations with 194 participants

Dac wrote:

@Solaire
I only was part of one shitstorm really, I pretty sure I have other traits that stick out…

@pheonix
If Christiano was a faggot, why is messi from Argentina?
Christianity:2
Pheonix:0

That don’t make a lick o’ sense!

EDIT: Page Get. I dedicate this page to Applejack. SHE’S NEVER HAD ONE ALRIGHT! SO I’M GIVING HER ONE

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 02:17AM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 02:15AM EDT

Suh-weet! Looky here e’eryone! Applejack dun’ got her her own page! Now how dun’ a’body paste dem dere images on this fancy schmancy compooter doohicky anyhow? Nevuh you min’ honey, jus’ figured it out on mah own.

I dun’ found an image of mah favuhrite lezzbean pairin’!

Jun 27, 2012 at 02:31AM EDT

AppleJack page.

Jun 27, 2012 at 02:31AM EDT

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Solaire wrote:

Verbose is the local TL;DR king and a mod, RandomMan gets all the bitches and is generally the best guy ever, Algy likes fan-fics, Muffinator and I are clones (according to Verbose), Ric is a pegasus with augmentation bullshit, Popper is a Mandalorian with the hots for Chrysalis, Pyro is Nightmare Moon’s waifu (and vice-versa), Twins is a girl that’s been strangely absent, Dac provides the shitstorms and controversy, and Princess Celestia is best pony. El Slinker, Windigo, Zarathh, and everybody else are awesome bros that come before hoes.

That’s like, the worst description of me ever. You completely neglected to point out my capability to over-analyze every little detail of every little thing in giant walls of nonsensical TL;DRs while highlighting my mostly irrelevant femaleness.

(I like how we’re critiquing this thing he wrote a month or so back right now)

I know this feel, I mean, this one is mine…
“Dac provides the shitstorms and controversy”
I’m sure that’s not my only trait, anyways, I was just in one.

@pheonix
If I have to explain it to you, then it is just too complex for you to comprehend.

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 02:35AM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 02:34AM EDT

A vital part of your daily pony-ing!

But why don’t they taste like apples?

Jun 27, 2012 at 02:54AM EDT

@El Slinker
Yeah, that last picture is a bit much. Personally, I don’t mind, and I actually like the pairing (or at least the way WhiteDiamondsLtd does it), but come on, not everyone on here wants to see this kind of stuff.

Could a mod please delete that picture?

Speaking of Applejack:

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 03:40AM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 03:39AM EDT

Alright, geez. Goddamn, I wrote that into thingy a month or two ago, as a joke, and I still post it because I’m too lazy to change it and it’s still a joke. If you care that much, I’ll stop posting it and go in-depth with each post.

I won’t, of course, because fuck you guys, I’m too busy being a bad-ass.

As for the AJ page, I’m pretty sure I got one for her back when she was my favorite pony, but she’s so incredible that she can’t have too many.

@Twins:

Come on, Twins, there’s stuff WAY worse in the image gallery. That’s just two ponies kissing, not enough to delete the pic or anything, and I don’t really see the fuss.

I mean, it’s nothing as bad as this pic:

Jun 27, 2012 at 04:11AM EDT

@Twins
It was all part of the joke. If it’s much then someone please delete it. I don’t mean to offend anyone. Even being a saboteur, I don’t intend to offend.

Is this better?

Jun 27, 2012 at 04:17AM EDT

Revolver ChocOcelot wrote:

@Twins
It was all part of the joke. If it’s much then someone please delete it. I don’t mean to offend anyone. Even being a saboteur, I don’t intend to offend.

Is this better?

Yeah, that’s a lot better.

Like I said, I don’t have a problem with the picture. It’s just that there was a shitstorm about r34 ponies a while back sparked when someone posted a rather innocent picture of Doctor Whooves and Derpy together (right after the whole Derpy thing no less), and I’d rather something like that not happen again, although in retrospect, the posters here are a lot more levelheaded now.

@Explosive Laser’s thread intro thingy
No, it’s a quite accurate representation of this thread actually. We just be trollin’, yo.

EDIT: Applejack on ALL the posts on this page.

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 05:07AM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 05:02AM EDT

Just to say (quickly, before I’m late to work,) I don’t want to see pony kissing either, but it’s nothing so obscene that it should be deleted.

I have Twins’ opinion on PARTY.MOV. I think it’s a lot more creative than the others, but I still find the .MOV’s mostly unfunny. I think I smiled more at APPLE.MOV than any later one. But I think that PARTY.MOV was quality-wise better in a few ways than APPLE.MOV.

Anyway, shall I use (Surprise’s) poll for the new thread title? I’m still not sold on the methods of it, but I don’t think people are giving it that much thought, so whatever.

And who should start it? Normally, it’s a mod who does the dirty deed, but I feel like users without powers should be able to do it now (but we have to agree upon whom, so we don’t have five users making a thread.) Pony General is a mainstay of the forums, and an incarnation of it has been on the forum for about a year now. I think everyone knows why there are 5 Pony Generals, so no one should complain anymore about the 6th one than they have about the 2nd one.

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 08:23AM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 08:22AM EDT

Hey guys. After being outside in this hot whether for three days, I’m back (I’m also burnt, bug bit, and I need a shower). The only pony related thing that happened at camp was that this one lady said “OATMEAL ARE YOU CRAZY?” She seems like a nice person. Anyway, It looks like I have some catching up to do. I’m not gonna go back and read EVERYTHING, but I figure I’d better post something.

@PARTY.MOV or just the PONY.MOVs in general…
Here’s my reaction to watching any of them:

Nah, just kidding.
Those movies are pretty messed up, and yet I can’t stop watching them.

Jun 27, 2012 at 09:02AM EDT

I just have come to a realization…

Wubstep/DJs/Electronica:

Classical:

Pop/R&B:

Pretty much all genres covered except…

Studio B

Y U NO HAVE REPRESENTATION OF ROCK!
…And no Andrew W.K. doesn’t count.

@All I mean a pony that represents the genre as a whole, not a single song/montage/event.

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 09:46AM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 09:30AM EDT

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Solaire wrote:

Verbose is the local TL;DR king and a mod, RandomMan gets all the bitches and is generally the best guy ever, Algy likes fan-fics, Muffinator and I are clones (according to Verbose), Ric is a pegasus with augmentation bullshit, Popper is a Mandalorian with the hots for Chrysalis, Pyro is Nightmare Moon’s waifu (and vice-versa), Twins is a girl that’s been strangely absent, Dac provides the shitstorms and controversy, and Princess Celestia is best pony. El Slinker, Windigo, Zarathh, and everybody else are awesome bros that come before hoes.

That’s like, the worst description of me ever. You completely neglected to point out my capability to over-analyze every little detail of every little thing in giant walls of nonsensical TL;DRs while highlighting my mostly irrelevant femaleness.

(I like how we’re critiquing this thing he wrote a month or so back right now)

Tits or GTFO.

@Verbose

Just let mods do it. We had some users jump the gun on creating a new pony thread in the past, which always ended in shit and bad reviews. You should know this as well, as you created a pony discussion general before you were a mod which went to hell. Not to forget that the amount of users posting here is a lot higher than the amount of mods posting here, which is just you and me. Picking one of those users might seem unfair to the rest and every member probably has different reasons why he or someone else should launch the new thread.

So yeah, just use a mod. Going for fairness of activity, it only leaves you and I. But I don’t mind Chris or Drpepperfan doing it.

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 09:46AM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 09:36AM EDT

@El Slinker
cough What about that one CMC episode cough *

As for the AJ page…

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 09:43AM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 09:41AM EDT

@El Slinker
Forgot probably one of the greatest training montages of our time.

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 09:47AM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 09:42AM EDT

@Slinker
You wanna ROCK?!?!

(How did you forget this? I love this song!)
Edit: Holy crap! Hyper ninja’d!

@PARTY.MOV
I’ve been debating about whether to bother saying anything since I seem to be in the minority opinion here, but I can’t understand the attraction to these things. To me, they are just so stupidly predictable and boring. The instant they showed Pinkie on that guy’s lap, I knew they were going to make that ‘joke’ at the end. I hoped they wouldn’t, but yeah…
The ‘Behind the Music’ angle was a bit more creative than his usual fare, but after the initial scene, all the novelty was already gone.

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 09:44AM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 09:42AM EDT

SweetAndDelicious wrote:

@El Slinker
Forgot probably one of the greatest training montages of our time.

BITCH PLEASE

@deadparrot
No, it’s seems most people here aren’t to fond of it either. Anyways, the humor isn’t in how clever it is, it’s just ramdom and such a departure from the real show. But not everyone likes that kind of humor, I mean, I think Mcgruber is really funny and so is your higness, but not everyone does. It’s just my kind of humor I guess.

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 09:56AM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 09:52AM EDT

@Dac and Twins

That’s like, the worst description of me ever.

I’m sure that’s not my only trait, anyways, I was just in one.

You guys think you got it bad? I don’t even get a description

Now I know how AJ feels when everyone else gets all the special attention but not her

But since this is an AJ thread, here’s AJ being happy. Also I really like this artwork.

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 11:13AM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 11:12AM EDT

So, speaking of AJ…

What evil lies behind those dark eyes?

(Now the writers are getting in on the Twitter trolling. Oh, God…)

More obligatory AJ!

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 11:49AM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 11:32AM EDT

Thank you for the welcome!

The problem with AJ is, that she does not get the same attention as the other mane characters in the show, which has been proven by the episode analysis. Usually she gets less screentime and dialogue as the other ones.
Good example is the MMMystery Express episode where her lines were cut. In fact it is quite noticeable in this epiode that some AJ parts are missing, as she gets a total background pony treatment.

Perhaps it is not so easy to write an interesting episode for her. I don’t know, but i just hope that she gets more time and more lines in the next season.

BTW: I love dat accent

Jun 27, 2012 at 12:54PM EDT

@Whitishcollar
Episode analysis for AJ is weird.
In season one, she was the only character to appear in 25 of the 26 episodes (beside Twilight’s 26/26 obviously). Every other character disappeared entirely for at least two or three episodes.
She missed out on more of season two, but she still has the second-best appearance rate having missed only 4 of the 52 episodes so far. (In fact, Fluttershy has been absent most with 7 non-appearances. Somewhat appropriate for her, I guess…)
That said, while AJ appears frequently, it is apparently for shorter periods of time than other characters, making her overall screen time rather low (beaten only by Fluttershy).
Aren’t stats fun?

BIGGER VERSION

And about her part in MMMMystery, I actually like it better with her crime cut out. She could have had more lines, but AJ stealing a bite of cake out from under her friend would have been even more out of character than the fact that everyone else did it, too. It may have been an accident, but the element of honesty staying true worked better, even if it did diminish her role.

I do think that the primary ‘problem’ with AJ is that she is a little harder to write for, at least so far. She has her faults, but most of them are less obvious or less severe than her friends’. She’s almost too level-headed to really be the focus of too many episodes, but that rationality does help explain why she appears in most of them as the voice of reason. (Not that she can’t do more, she just hasn’t yet) I’d very much like to see her get some more really solid episodes under her proverbial belt.

Til then, pictures!
She’s Strong!

She’s a total gamer!

And God damn, she loves apples!

@Popper, below
As far as I can tell, Meet the Pyro should be out sometime today (Finally! Yay!)
I assume it will pop up HERE when it does.
(Just wait until it’s just four minutes of incoherent mumbling that makes no sense whatsoever.)

As for a 3D first-person pony game, I know someone is working on playable ponies in Skyrim which may be the closest to what you are looking for at the moment.

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 02:03PM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 01:41PM EDT

@DeadParrot
“F### you I can eat all these apples!”

So, does anyone know when “Meet the Pyro” is debuting? I heard it was supposed to be today…

In other news..

Now I know we have Fighting is Magic and Pony Fortress 2, but do you think that a Modern pony FPS (running on the IW Engine, Frostbite, id Tech 3, or Source) could be made?
I understand TF2 because of it’s cartoonish novelty, but I wonder if Counter-Strike could be ponified.
Now, I mentioned the id Tech 3 for a reason. Though aged, it seems workable. I played several games on that engine (Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, MOHAA, Call of Duty classic) and I’ve seen a load of user-made mods. I would guess that ponies shouldn’t be too hard.

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 01:53PM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 01:44PM EDT

@ PARTY.MOV again
I’ve noticed that people have been saying that the MOV series is predictable, not clever, and boring. Well, I’m gonna play the devil’s advocate here and say that you could say the same about My Little Pony. I have never been suprised by the outcome of an episode of MLP. I even guessed that rainbow dash would pick a turtle before the episode aired. The villains are always defeated by a dues ex machina like love or friendship. As for the jokes, they aren’t exactly reminiscent of Oscar Wilde or Mark twain when it comes to its wit. The jokes are cute, but not very clever and they are very predictable. Sure, they put references in there that are kinda clever, but so does the .mov series. Applejack gardening at a Garden Party? Uh, not very clever. So, what’s my point? I think it has more to do with the fact that you might not like surreal, raunchy, or black comedy. plain and simple. There is a reason many people, such as myself, like .MOV. It’s because we find it funny and a clever departure from MLP. But if that’s not your kinda thing, it’s hard to like. But calling it predictable, boring, and not clever is doing a huge disservice to it.

Jun 27, 2012 at 01:58PM EDT

Guys, just know I have NOT been here for a really long time.
So if anyone care to enlighten me that’d be nice.
Also
Meet The Pyro.
My Body Is Ready.

Jun 27, 2012 at 02:05PM EDT

Gentlemares….

EDIT: NINJA’d

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 02:09PM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 02:05PM EDT

DEAR GOD HERE COMES THE BRONY COMMENTS I DON’T TO LIVE PRYO KILL ME
but guys if i here anyone saying the pryo is a brony im going to go kill myself so plese don’t say it

yes yes

ok ok im going to be ok

yes i can feel the healing

oh ya this is a cool song

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 02:14PM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 02:08PM EDT

@Dac
Yes, MLP is often predictable, but it is meant to be a light sitcom. The MOV series is heavily based in ‘shock-value comedy.’ I like surrealism, black comedy and shock comedy sometimes, but only when it is actually, well, shocking. If I see the raunchiness coming from a mile away, no matter the crazy juxtaposition against the source material, it just isn’t very funny for me. I don’t mind if other people do like it, but I just don’t.

Jun 27, 2012 at 02:12PM EDT

@Thor
I am a brony, dumbass.
ALSO
Same vid
Posted 3 different times
In a thread that isn’t even about said vid
What the fuck guys.
The thing’s already been posted on KYM 4 times, 3 times here alone.
Edit that shit.
Aaaaand…back to isolation

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 02:28PM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 02:16PM EDT

Sandstone wrote:

@Thor
I am a brony, dumbass.
ALSO
Same vid
Posted 3 different times
In a thread that isn’t even about said vid
What the fuck guys.
The thing’s already been posted on KYM 4 times, 3 times here alone.
Edit that shit.
Aaaaand…back to isolation

now i see why you don’t talk much

Jun 27, 2012 at 02:22PM EDT

Dac wrote:

@ PARTY.MOV again
I’ve noticed that people have been saying that the MOV series is predictable, not clever, and boring. Well, I’m gonna play the devil’s advocate here and say that you could say the same about My Little Pony. I have never been suprised by the outcome of an episode of MLP. I even guessed that rainbow dash would pick a turtle before the episode aired. The villains are always defeated by a dues ex machina like love or friendship. As for the jokes, they aren’t exactly reminiscent of Oscar Wilde or Mark twain when it comes to its wit. The jokes are cute, but not very clever and they are very predictable. Sure, they put references in there that are kinda clever, but so does the .mov series. Applejack gardening at a Garden Party? Uh, not very clever. So, what’s my point? I think it has more to do with the fact that you might not like surreal, raunchy, or black comedy. plain and simple. There is a reason many people, such as myself, like .MOV. It’s because we find it funny and a clever departure from MLP. But if that’s not your kinda thing, it’s hard to like. But calling it predictable, boring, and not clever is doing a huge disservice to it.

Jun 27, 2012 at 02:35PM EDT

DeadParrot222 wrote:

@Dac
Yes, MLP is often predictable, but it is meant to be a light sitcom. The MOV series is heavily based in ‘shock-value comedy.’ I like surrealism, black comedy and shock comedy sometimes, but only when it is actually, well, shocking. If I see the raunchiness coming from a mile away, no matter the crazy juxtaposition against the source material, it just isn’t very funny for me. I don’t mind if other people do like it, but I just don’t.

My point was that if you don’t like it, fine, it’s not your thing. But don’t say because it seriously flawed. A lot of people like it, therefore it must be doing something right.

Jun 27, 2012 at 02:51PM EDT

Dac wrote:

@ PARTY.MOV again

We seriously need more of these kinds of posts. Calm, yet assertive.

Anyways, more Applejack, this time with her little sis Apple Bloom.

(and srsly you’re allow to post shipping pics? This could get interesting)
IS THERE NO OTHER PLACE TO GET PONY PICS BESIDES DEVIANTART AFTER PONIBOORU WENT DOWN FOR SOME REAON

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 03:45PM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 03:44PM EDT

@Twins
Have you tried Derpibooru?
It was basically nominated by the Ponibooru mods as the official replacement when they went down.
Their gallery isn’t as full yet, but huge amounts of content are being posted everyday so they should be caught up soon.
Lots of Applejack, too!

And on a unicycle because, why not?

Jun 27, 2012 at 03:57PM EDT

Dac wrote:

My point was that if you don’t like it, fine, it’s not your thing. But don’t say because it seriously flawed. A lot of people like it, therefore it must be doing something right.

Having a lot of people like something does not mean that it isn’t flawed.

Oh I’m not talking about .MOV series. I find a bit funny at times but I’m just referring to the logic of that sentence of yours. :P

Jun 27, 2012 at 04:05PM EDT

Dac wrote:

That was precisely my point as well. I don’t like it, but I don’t mind if other people do. I never called it ‘seriously flawed,’ I simply stated my opinions on it and the reasons behind them.

And, yeah, like Phoenix said, you’ll want to watch out when making those arguments from popularity. You may find yourself forced to acknowledge the legitimacy Nickleback, Justin Beiber, or the Twilight Saga! =)
(Just to be clear, I have no problem with anyone who likes these things, nor am I claiming that anyone here does. They are just frequent flyers on Internet Hate Airlines.)

… I like Nickleback…

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 04:24PM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 04:23PM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

Having a lot of people like something does not mean that it isn’t flawed.

Oh I’m not talking about .MOV series. I find a bit funny at times but I’m just referring to the logic of that sentence of yours. :P

Oh pheonix, you always catch my slip ups. Yeah, you are right. Popularity doesn’t always equal greatness.

@deadparrot
Nickleback…. You like Nickleback!!! NICKLEBACK! NICKLEBACK!

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 04:36PM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 04:31PM EDT

DeadParrot222 wrote:

That was precisely my point as well. I don’t like it, but I don’t mind if other people do. I never called it ‘seriously flawed,’ I simply stated my opinions on it and the reasons behind them.

And, yeah, like Phoenix said, you’ll want to watch out when making those arguments from popularity. You may find yourself forced to acknowledge the legitimacy Nickleback, Justin Beiber, or the Twilight Saga! =)
(Just to be clear, I have no problem with anyone who likes these things, nor am I claiming that anyone here does. They are just frequent flyers on Internet Hate Airlines.)

… I like Nickleback…

I LIKE THEM TOO!

Also, because I’m an attention whore, here’s my latest pony parody for anyone who missed it on the last page.

And there’s this stuff too:

“…then just give her up for adoption.”

Sweetie Belle’s message to anorexics.

“…For bending over.”

Yes, Sweetie’s cooking is that bad.

…Various Soccer moms.

“I am sooooooooooo baked.”

>If_you_know_what_I_mean.jpg

>Liarjack.jpg

Appplebloom uses her natural cuteness to attract admirers.

“Fo shizzle mah nizzle.”

“You do realith there’th no sthreet talking cutie mark, right?”

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 04:47PM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 04:41PM EDT

HAI GUIS!!!
PARTY.MOV got ur jimmies in a russel? I think I may know someone who can cheer you up! :D

Jun 27, 2012 at 04:41PM EDT

@DeadParrot

I’ve seen Nickleback… don’t see what all the hype is about, Nicklebacks have been around for years….

@GigaToast

Why does pyro remind me of discord now that I’ve watched Meet the Pyro….

Jun 27, 2012 at 05:02PM EDT

Aw, I missed the Rainbow Dash page. Shit, why does my internet decide to crap out on the day that everyone is fanboying over best pony as hard as me?

I had my rainbow wig ready and everything.

@Party.mov

Uh ya, such crude and tasteless humor only impresses philistines and brutes. There was no wit to it at all, just a sign of our degrading culture. Of course I didn’t laugh at it, I’m WAY too much of an intellectual to be amused by such things.

(huur hurr, dey don’t call him Big Mac for nothin, hurr hurr)

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 05:13PM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 05:08PM EDT

@PARTY.MOV

I guess I’ll just post my own review of it, rather than replying to anyone in particular.

First off, the .MOVs have never really been my cup of tea. I feel like it’s far easier than it should be to get a laugh out of people with copious amounts of swearing, body fluids, sex, and violence/murder/gore. Say what you will, I prefer humor that takes a little more thought than that. The video did have something going for it with the mock-umentary idea, but he unfortunately he failed to maintain any subtlety with his jokes. For example, the statement “There is nothing in the world more important than the lives of celebrities!” is a satirical statement that works just fine on its own, but it is followed immediately by footage of a giant monster Discord doing something obscene while a city burns around him. It goes from witty to quite plain in a heartbeat with jokes like that. Pinkie’s “period” is another example of this. It’s so over the top that I just sit there staring blankly. Also, laugh tracks? Wut?

HDD’s animation skills are clearly there, I think almost anyone will agree to that; and even though I don’t care for the art style, his ability is certainly worth mentioning. Unfortunately, the other elements are just not that clever. Those are my thoughts.

In a blatant rip off of other reviewers, I give it TWO pink prostitutes out of five.

@Thor

Pyro is a total brony.

Deal with it.

Applejack, yay!

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 05:40PM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 05:35PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!