Forums / Discussion / General

170,947 total conversations in 5,486 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users

WUB A DUB DUB MOTHERFUCKERS, IT’S TIME FOR A SCRATCH PAGE

YEEEAAAAAAAH

Jun 28, 2012 at 03:38PM EDT
Quote

@Fifths

SONOVABITCH
I’ve been refreshing this page nonstop for the past 4 hours to get to page 196 to have a derpy page get

YOU WIN THIS ROUND VINYL FFFFFFFFFFFFSCRATCH

‘Megalolzors the FNG has got offline. Reason: RAGE QUIT

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 03:42PM EDT
Jun 28, 2012 at 03:41PM EDT
Quote

Alright, I can post here for the moment. @Troll King The reason I don’t post anywhere else is because I am a brony. Outside of here doesn’t seem too safe for me without receiving flak. But if I did join another thread,I’d promise not to post pony. If there’s a brony-friendly Star Wars Thread, then direct me to it and I’d be happy to join.

Jun 28, 2012 at 03:43PM EDT
Quote

@Popper

You’re wasting your time, he’s never going to read that post.

@Fifths

FunnyJunk doesn’t do image embeds, I’m afraid. Got another source for whatever pic it was?

DJ Pon-3 page? Heck yea.

I assume the ears and horn are just her cosplaying or something, since the headphone is in the normal location.

@Algernon below

Hah, I didn’t know anyone ever took it so seriously. I like the “just for fun” page gets that we sometimes do. Also, the pic you posted is classic.

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 04:11PM EDT
Jun 28, 2012 at 03:48PM EDT
Quote

Fifths wrote:

@Deadparrot

No, Fluttershy ended up coming back. The flashback to flight camp shows both her and RD with their cutie marks.

Entertaining picture though. I like how instead of maybe trying to hide her face in the book, Dash just straight up puts it up as a shield. Tactful as ever, and the best part is that Scoots doesn’t even notice.

I’d like to see Octavia cover this.

Explains why she never talks.

Edit:

I saw this picture once before, but it was before I knew what Joseco looked like. This shit seems so surreal to me now. I wonder if Lauren Faust had any idea the kind of shit JJ draws. I’d really like to know her opinions on the clop community in general.

She probably just thought he was James earl jones, seriously though, what is she gonna do? Refuse to sign his stuff? She probably thinks he is a little strange, which frankly, he is, but he is still a loyal fan. As for the clopping community, I’m sure she doesn’t really like it. Who does?

Jun 28, 2012 at 03:53PM EDT
Quote

Alright, I’ve got some Vinly Scratch for you!
Some, uh… some assembly required…

Looks kick-ass afterward, though!

And a little Tavi to finish:

@Dac
As Ms. Faust has said on her DeviantArt page, she’s a big girl and can handle things like R34.
And if you could please avoid saying things like ’I’m sure she dislikes it. Who does?’ in reference to the clopping community.
I really don’t want to turn this into (another) huge R34 debate, but please don’t be so quick to ostracize a whole segment of the fanbase because they like something that you don’t.
Considering how annoyed you were when people criticized the .MOV series (which contains boatloads of sexually suggestive material) not two pages ago, this feels quite hypocritical.

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 04:18PM EDT
Jun 28, 2012 at 03:57PM EDT
Quote

It’s weird how we’re all doing that ‘This page is for X’ thing again. That was a (very annoying) trend back in the very first Pony General, and eventually people got so sick of it that we decided to never do it again. We used to stick to the topic of the first post much more strictly though, so if somebody said ‘Octavia page’, you had to post Octavia, no exceptions (next page is an Octavia page, I’m totally calling it). I like how it’s working more casually now, so there’s no need to stop or anything. I just find it interesting to watch this community cycle through the same trends as new members join and old members leave.

Wait a sec, why am I talking when I could be posting Scratch pics?

OH GOD, SO MUCH DETAIL.

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 04:02PM EDT
Jun 28, 2012 at 04:00PM EDT
Quote

@Megalolzors

@Popper

Sounds like a weak excuse Popper. You don’t even have a pony avatar, so as long as you aren’t blatently bringing up pony, I’m sure people will leave you alone. And even if they don’t just ignore them, or even practice honing your counter-troll skills. That’s what I do anyway

@Dan

I can see it embedded just fine. I think it’s your computer.

@Dac

Hey man, something I’ve been curious about. I remember the first time seeing you post, you gave a fairly ambivilent review of the show, yet I see you drop in here rather often, and you seem pretty well versed on the nuances of the show and bronydom. Just seems a little inconsistent, your stated level of affection for the show your involvement.

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 04:16PM EDT
Jun 28, 2012 at 04:08PM EDT
Quote

@Dan (other page):

By ’don’t talk about Derpy’ I meant not the incident, which is what he mentioned with the soccer moms comment.

As for Angel, I’d again say he’s not an abusive spouse so much as a toddler. Fluttershy put her hoof down (OMG THE EPISODE’S NAME MAKES SENSE NOW!!!!!!!) and made Angel eat the food. He wants attention, is demanding, and acts stubborn, exactly like a toddler that doesn’t know any better. To be honest, I think it’s unfair to say he’s an abusive spouse, because he’s a rabbit and he also comforts and helps Fluttershy, just like a toddler.

@Lauren and the r34:

She knows it exists, and she doesn’t fucking care. She’s a grown-ass woman, and I’m sure she’s probably more ‘experienced’ than us, considering she’s older than us. She’s smart enough to know porn exists, and by that extension she knows porn of everything exists. I doubt she really cares, because she’s too nice for that.

Also, she’s married.

Ergo, she…. does…. yeah.

@Fifths:

Dac kinda likes to criticize the show, but he’s more-or-less pretty nice. Vulgar, crude, not-giving-a-fuck, sure. He also probably likes other shows more than MLP, and isn’t the biggest brony, and he makes that kind of obvious, but I’d say he does like the show.

He also likes examining shit, I guess.

@Vinyl Scratch page:

AMIDOINITRITE?!

Jun 28, 2012 at 05:54PM EDT
Quote

@Solaire

I know, I just don’t think there’s any need for us to fear the Derpy controversy so much, especially when like I said, it was only mentioned in passing. Derpy is still a major part of the fandom’s history, including that fateful scandal, and tip-toeing around all of that seems a bit wimpy to me.

About Angel, I’d agree that his behavior is childish, but a child can be an abuser just like a spouse can. I’m glad Fluttershy asserted herself over him in the end, but if you noticed, he still got a special meal unlike the other animals. There should be an episode where he gets stranded out in the wild or something, and in the course of many trials he learns to appreciate Fluttershy more. Of course, that may just be my sadistic desire to see a half-starved Angel in the show.

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 06:08PM EDT
Jun 28, 2012 at 06:07PM EDT
Quote

Come on, I think we’re all grown up enough now that bringing up the Derpy incident won’t be any issue at all (although it would be nice if people kept that to a minimum).

As for Angel, I agree with everyone else say he’s childish. He is exactly that. And he really has improved since Putting Your Hoof Down (I’d even venture to say he was rather ooc in that one), being quite protective and supportive of Fluttershy.

He’s really the only pet that has a fully developed personality. Tank is awesome but nonexistent in the show, Owloysius is also nonexistent and ignored by the fandom, Gummy really does nothing at all, Winona seems like an ordinary dog, and Opalescence is really bitchy grouchy.

They really should do another episode involving all the pets. Perhaps the mane 6 could go on a vacation, and then their pets go on an epic quest to find their owners, developing and maturing along the way.

Anyways Vinyl Scratch.


Jun 28, 2012 at 06:46PM EDT
Quote

@deadparrot
I say what I want and you better deal with it!
Seriously though, I’m not saying she can’t handle rule34, but many bronies do tend to avoid the r34 community. Anyways, when I said “who does”, I was trying to sound rude and like a douche. My bad I guess.
@fifths
Solaire summed it up pretty much. I do like the show, but I don’t think it’s amazing. I stay here mostly because of the community, but I still do like ponies. Also, like he said, I can be vulgar, crude, and what not, but I’m not a hater. I’m just honest.

Edit: @deadparrot
Actually, it’s not really hypocritical. I wasn’t saying r34 artists like JJ, Megasweet, or Cartoonlion were bad artists, they are actually great and have a lot of talent, but I dont really like the content sometimes. Same thing with MOV, if people don’t like the content, that’s fine, but don’t dis the quality.

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 07:46PM EDT
Jun 28, 2012 at 07:36PM EDT
Quote

Hello pony peoples. I have the good fortune of living only 20 miles from the Bronycon convention center, so unless there are any unfortunate events in the next 48 hours I will be attending both days of the con. I was wondering if here on KYM we were going to set up some sort of event page like the one that was done for ROFLcon a couple months ago. I’m planning on taking a ludicrous amount of pictures, and I was hoping that there would be some way for me to share them with those unable to attend.

On that note, is anyone else here attending Bronycon? From the looks of Opspe’s KYM Map most of you seem to be across either multiple state lines or oceans, and I don’t know if any of you have the time or money to traverse such a distance for a Con about multicolored marshmallow ponies. If there are more people going we could possibly set up some more widespread coverage of the different Bronycon events that are going on.

Also, Vinyl Scratch is best bard.

Jun 28, 2012 at 08:43PM EDT
Quote

>mfw Angel discussion


@everyone

Please don’t force page gets for the pure sake of starting a certain theme, it’s annoying.


@Rule 34

Internet being internet, nothing you can do to stop it. Either ignore it, fap to it, or lol at it. I chose to the last option. When I see Rule 34, I just think “good/bad art” or “lol” and move one. As in total, it’s pretty hard to avoid. So I’m pretty sure Faust is aware of it.


@Tristis

I know Verbose and Opspe are going to Bronycon as they were invited because of their survey. They’ll be standing by a similar type of booth. But it’s just a coincidence they’re both from KYM. The site itself won’t do anything official at Bronycon.

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 09:26PM EDT
Jun 28, 2012 at 09:19PM EDT
Quote

I can haz postz?


@Fifths
Yeah, it is kinda a weak excuse thinking about it. Only problem is does such a thread exist? Even if there’s maybe one or two pony haters, I could just drop the “the Mandalorian Brony” vanity title and just stick with “PopperFett”.
But still, if there’s a thread on KYM for die-hard Star Wars fans, I’m all for it.

@Rule 34 discussion
I would think Faust is aware of its existence. I have serious doubts she approves of that kind of stuff, nor would she be comfortable with the fact it exists. However, seeing how you really have to look for it to find it (mostly), I’d say she doesn’t really care too much. May not be exactly pleased, but sees there’s no reason to frett or get angry.

I don’t like R34, period. Don’t care if you do. You see it, I don’t. Simple as that.

Now, for JJ…I have mixed feelings about that man. Now Gamer Luna is pretty funny. Molestia had its moments initially, but he started going downhill. I can’t really stand Molestia when he started having her intefere with the Shining Armor/Cadence marriage. Sure, she’s a molester, but for me, married couples are off limits for ships other than their own.

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 09:24PM EDT
Jun 28, 2012 at 09:23PM EDT
Quote

@R34

Meh. The ponies are anthropomorphic enough that I’ve forgotten there’s a difference between pony R34 and human R34. Doesn’t mean I enjoy it, I just don’t look at people who enjoy it as furries or like they’re into some wierd shit.

No, I don’t care for it, but I don’t think it’s as wierd as a lot of people say it is. Faust knows about it, but so far as I know she’s cool with people breaking stereotypes so she probably doesn’t have too much of a problem with it.

Anyways, time for some shameless self promotion! I just finished my first Flash animation project! It’s pretty stupid, but I’m pleased enough with it. If anyone on the thread is good at animation I’d appreciate some criticism and the like..

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/180/c/5/braeburn_animation_by_exudesaffluence-d55dan7.swf

Jun 28, 2012 at 10:24PM EDT
Quote

New Derpy Hooves video came out yesterday (made by channel name “Derpy Hooves”) :D




“Warning: Derpymail may cause frustration, diabetes, bubblegum, and muffins”

It causes muffins?

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 10:33PM EDT
Jun 28, 2012 at 10:32PM EDT
Quote

@Exudes:

A bit simplistic, but that’s hardly a bad thing. It was fairly smooth, and didn’t have very many flaws, from what I could see. Although, I’m wondering who shot the arrow (fahkin buffalo).

@Popper:

Popper pls.

Lauren clops and you know it.

Jun 28, 2012 at 10:35PM EDT
Quote

@R34
Heh, I can give less a crap about it. It’s not like we can get ride of it, the internet itself and the vast amount of people who do it along with the fact that once it’s on the internet it can never be deleted it. Even when you think you took down the photo, and you think it’s gone forever, the info is still there. FBI can bring stuff back up even when it is deleted, so in fact it can never be deleted.

Here is why I have not been on much for today:


Jun 28, 2012 at 10:49PM EDT
Quote

@Mega
Of course Derpy causes muffins!
Half her deliveries seem to turn into them!

Jun 28, 2012 at 10:52PM EDT
Quote

on topic with ms. DJ PON-3

now for some off topic. if we all had an element, what do you think it would be? mine would probably be the element of wisdom. or sillyness. not 100 percent sure.

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 10:58PM EDT
Jun 28, 2012 at 10:57PM EDT
Quote

@R34 discussion in regards to Faust
She already voiced her reaction towards our deviancy back in the /co/ days.

@Random
Thanks for the info. If I see anything interesting or lulzy at the con I will be sure to post it in this thread, but I wont go overboard with image dumps or anything like that.

@Affluence
That’s pretty neat. I don’t know a lot about animation so I can’t give technical criticism, but I did notice that his hat reappeared on his head for the last couple frames. However, that would not be as visible if there was a complex background or the animation was smaller, so it’s really nothing to fret about.

Steampunk Vinyl

Jun 28, 2012 at 11:00PM EDT
Quote

@Rule34.

I’m aware that it is a big part of our internet.Even if I don’t like that rule very much (except for trolling purpose).I’m still able to tolerate it.

As for Ponies R34, I usually don’t mind them (as long you don’t force those stuff on people).what I am trying to say it’s can be used as a joke (or trolling attempt) but when you overuse this rule all the time,It’s just getting annoying.

What I think about clopping you may ask,I just find this to be not my interest but I won’t judge you if you like to do it so.Anyway,It’s your life.Not mine.


Someone say Vinyl Scratch.


Source

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 11:19PM EDT
Jun 28, 2012 at 11:19PM EDT

ExudesAffluence wrote:

@R34

Meh. The ponies are anthropomorphic enough that I’ve forgotten there’s a difference between pony R34 and human R34. Doesn’t mean I enjoy it, I just don’t look at people who enjoy it as furries or like they’re into some wierd shit.

No, I don’t care for it, but I don’t think it’s as wierd as a lot of people say it is. Faust knows about it, but so far as I know she’s cool with people breaking stereotypes so she probably doesn’t have too much of a problem with it.

Anyways, time for some shameless self promotion! I just finished my first Flash animation project! It’s pretty stupid, but I’m pleased enough with it. If anyone on the thread is good at animation I’d appreciate some criticism and the like..

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/180/c/5/braeburn_animation_by_exudesaffluence-d55dan7.swf

Not bad, not bad at all. Art is nice, animation is smooth, concept is simple yet likable, it’s pretty good overall. The only problems I see is that Braeburn’s mysteriously reappears on his head in one frame after it has already been shot off, and he ducks a little too late.

Jun 28, 2012 at 11:39PM EDT
Quote

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Not bad, not bad at all. Art is nice, animation is smooth, concept is simple yet likable, it’s pretty good overall. The only problems I see is that Braeburn’s mysteriously reappears on his head in one frame after it has already been shot off, and he ducks a little too late.

Yup yup yup! I’m not sure how I didn’t notice that, but it is now fixed! Also, I slowed his bringing up his head at the end, which I though was a bit fast. NOW WATCH IT AGAIN. WATCH IT HARDER!

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 11:45PM EDT
Jun 28, 2012 at 11:44PM EDT
Quote

@Ric:

Same deal with me, except with Dark Souls.

Jolly cooperation is best pony.

@I Was Phone:

Hmmm….

I simply can’t seem to recall what element I would be. Give me a second.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM…………..

Sorry, give me another moment.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

I seem to have forgotten.

@That Deviant comment from Lauren:

Damnit, Lauren, you’re starving the trolls to death.

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:02AM EDT
Quote

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

I can haz postz?


@Fifths
Yeah, it is kinda a weak excuse thinking about it. Only problem is does such a thread exist? Even if there’s maybe one or two pony haters, I could just drop the “the Mandalorian Brony” vanity title and just stick with “PopperFett”.
But still, if there’s a thread on KYM for die-hard Star Wars fans, I’m all for it.

@Rule 34 discussion
I would think Faust is aware of its existence. I have serious doubts she approves of that kind of stuff, nor would she be comfortable with the fact it exists. However, seeing how you really have to look for it to find it (mostly), I’d say she doesn’t really care too much. May not be exactly pleased, but sees there’s no reason to frett or get angry.

I don’t like R34, period. Don’t care if you do. You see it, I don’t. Simple as that.

Now, for JJ…I have mixed feelings about that man. Now Gamer Luna is pretty funny. Molestia had its moments initially, but he started going downhill. I can’t really stand Molestia when he started having her intefere with the Shining Armor/Cadence marriage. Sure, she’s a molester, but for me, married couples are off limits for ships other than their own.

> Popperfett
> Upset at a character for interfering with Cadence and Shining Armor’s marriage
> mfw

On an unrelated note have you read “Ender’s Game?” It seems up your ally.
Oh, and pony:

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:57AM EDT
Quote

@ Pony R34
I usually avoid this topic, but I guess it’s time I share my thoughts on it. R34 is everywhere on the internet. I don’t think that it ruins this fandom and I’m not against it. Although I will say if someone outside the fandom were to find pony R34, they would get the wrong idea and think we are all cloppers. As for clopping, I would be lying if I said I’ve never done it before, so, uuhhh, yeah, that’s all I have to say about that.

Here’s something for the Vinyl Scratch page

Jun 29, 2012 at 01:13AM EDT
Quote

Went back through the fourth thread. So many memories, good and bad. And I just happened upon the pages containing Pyro, Cite, Ideo, and I getting mad. (I’d still like to apologize again for trolling that synchtube, which I really did do. (Except for the two real trolls at the end, but no one can remmber that anyway.))

I’m glad the thread’s returned to mostly normal, and we’ll be getting a new one soon. It’s gonna be great.


You really have no idea how many pages have been dedicated to Scootaloo…
Now take my Scoots:

Jun 29, 2012 at 03:01AM EDT
Quote

@R34

I might be wrong but I always had an impression that R34 was there mainly to make fun of porn (and how much of it there is on the web) rather than be serious clopping material. You know, sort of like a porn parody.

I find it funny tbh, it’s so random.

@Ric Tesla

I remember playing that game. You can’t even imagine how good I was at killing air, rocks and dirt.

Jun 29, 2012 at 05:27AM EDT
Quote

@Stuff

I like to think that one of the biggest reasons we have “porn of everything” is because R34 ended up becoming a viral meme and a major one at that.

There was porn of a lot of things before someone made the observation we know as R34 and decided to make it a joking rule of the internet but I’m sure a lot of porn is made just to continue upholding R34 as a serious rule that must be followed. We can blame how memetic R34 became for that.

In other words people make porn of something not because of any need or want but simply because its a “rule of the internet” and that rule must be enforced. This sort of makes R34 self sustaining. This explains porn that exists for inanimate objects like vehicles and electrical appliances

Of course not all porn exists for that reason.

Some of it is there for humor purposes like you say. Princess Molestia is a close example of that.

Some porn is made just to piss people off (I.E: take something people respect, draw dicks on it and watch the flames roll). Various trolling attempts made here have done this.

And the rest really is made as a masturbation aid.

Lastly, for all of the above, whatever the creators intention, somebody out there is fapping to it all.

Jun 29, 2012 at 09:12AM EDT
Quote

@Windigo
Adultery and inteference with a marriage (especially a canon one) is definitely something I don’t approve of.
No, I have not read “Ender’s Game”, but looking it up, it may be something I’d like to read. I’ll see if I can find it.

@This whole R34/Porn discussion
I can go into my total views on sexual morality, but considering I’d probably get flak for being stricter than most and probably bore you to death, I won’t.
Regarding “There’s Porn of Everything” of course there is a helluva lot of porn on the internet. But one has to look for it to find it in most cases, if not all. So yes, porn is avoidable. The internet is not for porn, but it exists in large quantities on the internet. I certainly avoid it when I can (which would be, nearlly all the time).
Why? Because I don’t like porn. It seems empty to me. There’s nothing to really be gained and a lot to lose morally. I don’t masturbate, so…yeah.
I don’t mind if you like it, but realize that I don’t like it, so don’t even pressure me. Sure, sometimes I do make dirty jokes, but I’m only human. Porn/R34 is just not something I do.


Thou shalt receive these poni!:



Beatles Ponies FTW!

Last edited Jun 29, 2012 at 10:24AM EDT
Jun 29, 2012 at 10:17AM EDT
Quote

@Popper

I don’t look at porn either. It doesn’t really have anything to offer me. Naked male and female bodies? Yea I know what they look like, I don’t need to be reminded.

If you are anything like me you will still get curious at least once and take a peek but then you will think “Oh okay, that settles that question” and then not really bother with porn again.

If I see porn (usually by accident or when someone brings it to me), I won’t particularly care one way or another. If it’s nice, I’ll look. If not I’ll ignore. But it wouldn’t be anything I have not seen before. Indulging in porn to satisfy lust just feels…how do I put this?… juvenile.

But how do you not masturbate?

[edit]

[Pinkie Pie is silently judging]

What? It’s true, fapping is impossible to not do at least once

…Well I’m bored I need something to talk about. Yea I know our individual porn perspectives has nothing to do with ponies, but what else is there to talk about until season 3 arrives? Cut me some slack Pinkie

Last edited Jun 29, 2012 at 11:10AM EDT
Jun 29, 2012 at 11:03AM EDT
Quote

Two things:


HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO TIME YAY!!

You wake up one day and have a craving for pony.

In order to satisfy this craving, you go on the internet.

While you are on the internet you see a news story that says all of the voice actors in MLP are being replaced for X reason.

What kind of feels do you have now? Would you still be able to watch the show or are the voice actors that instrumental to your experience?


Also, apparently Faust originally wanted Tara Strong to play Pinkie Pie.* Do you think she could’ve pulled it off and who would you have liked to see play Twilight in her stead?

*Sauce.

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:21AM EDT
Quote

@BSoD
I’ve trained myself to resist those urges. Sort of like a guy getting off drugs or alcohol, you train yourself to build up a resistance to those things and eventually you get to the point when you’re near-immune. You find yourself doing other things with your time (reading, writing, drawing, playing an MMO, going outside and biking) so you’re not tempted.

edit-@StarGazer
Yeah, the voice actors are kind of key to my experience, because they bring their characters to light. I would say if we didn’t get used to them so much, it wouldn’t be as big of a deal. But since we did, you can’t replace them.
And also, one does not simply replace Tara Strong…

Last edited Jun 29, 2012 at 11:37AM EDT
Jun 29, 2012 at 11:24AM EDT
Quote

@Blue screen

How do you not masturbate? Oh wow, what a brain buster. All you need to do is find one of these.

and you’ll never need to beat off again.

@Popper

“The internet is not for porn”

clearly someone has never heard the song before.

Hey, lay your moral sexual views down for me. I’d like to hear them if you want to share as long as you don’t mind me going all Socrates on your ass and questioning your beliefs.

Ah Socrates, the man basically started Western civilization and he was one of the biggest trolls ever to walk the face of the earth. Something awesome about that.

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:36AM EDT
Quote

@R34

if you don’t like don’t look at it

dam there’s a lot of rule 34 of here oh and i hate dubstep

Last edited Jun 29, 2012 at 12:25PM EDT
Jun 29, 2012 at 12:22PM EDT
Quote

@Fifths

Having a girlfriend, even a sexually enthusiastic one never stopped me. I just beat off to her instead (when we weren’t in the same town, I mean). One of the curses of having a photographic memory I suppose.

But what Popper says isn’t that difficult to believe, I was speaking tongue-in-cheek really. I’m sure its no different from the way I resist cigarettes: I convinced myself I don’t want them and never once found a reason to start. I can’t blame Popper for not finding a reason for fapping and I couldn’t give him one aside from extreme boredom.

Man this is such a fascinating topic, porn and masturbation. Oh Pony General how you amuse me.

I better go get some sleep before I start weirding you guys out. I kind of promised myself I wouldn’t post so late at night for this very reason.

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:37PM EDT
Quote

@Stargazer
It would be very difficult to get used to new voices after hearing the current ones so much, but if the quality of writing and acting remained high, I would give the new actors a chance.
(This is assuming that the ‘X reason’ is something legitimate, and not a studio thing to screw over the original actors or some other backroom producer shenanigans.)

For more on Tara as Pinkie (a.k.a. Tara performs her version!) watch this:

Tara’s Pinkie was essentially a more hyper version of Bubbles from PPG.
It could have worked but I do think they made the right choice with Andrea Libman.
Yes, the video is two and a half hours and, no, I don’t remember precisely where this topic comes up, though I believe it is in the later third or so.
Either way, just listen to the whole thing if you get the time because it has a ton of great info on the BronyCon Documentary and MLP in general with John De Lancie, Lauren Faust, and Tara Strong all on the call.

@Masturbation

Can we go back to ponies?
…please?
For Vinyl?


Last edited Jun 29, 2012 at 01:12PM EDT
Jun 29, 2012 at 12:46PM EDT
Quote

@popper
Read Song of songs( or songs of Solomon) and you’ll see that the bible isn’t against sex as much as you think. Solomon, Abraham, and David were all holy men who talked to god, yet had tons of puntang. Seriously though, the thought that sexual urges are lustfull and immoral doesn’t make sense. It’s Ok to have sexual thoughts and to seek a women. It’s in our blood literally. It’s in the hormones. It’s not ok to masturbate in public or grope women, but sexual urges are completely normal and out of our control really. I mean, you gotta be sexually attracted to the person you want to date, or else what are you doing?

@fifths
You think married men or guys dating don’t beat their meat?

@BSOD
Actually, I could recommend masturbating for something. If I’m working out late, sometimes the pre-workout still has me wide awake after I’m done, a quick jacking off gets me sleeping. It’s like the bodies sleeping pill.

Last edited Jun 29, 2012 at 01:19PM EDT
Jun 29, 2012 at 12:49PM EDT
Quote

@Dac
I can’t say I’ve read the entire Bible, but I do study it. I’m Christian, after all.
David and Solomon are actually used as examples for being sexually immoral. If you read, though Solomon was praised as “wise”, he was a cruel ruler that later started to abandon the covenant. His cruel rule led to the split of Israel and Judah, and a ton of years of immorality throughout the land. In short, Solomon was actually more of a representation of evil and corruption.
David, his father, was also not the greatest ruler about. In fact, Solomon was his bastard son to a point, considering he was conceived out of wedlock (and while his mother was still married to Uriah).

Now, regarding sexual morality, it’s okay to have these desires in my opinion. It’s natural; you’re only human. But you can control them an teach yourself not to give in. You’ll always find yourself sexually attracted to stuff but you can have the sense to fight it or avoid it.
Yes, it’s okay to be sexually aroused sometimes, but you don’t have to masturbate or constantly arouse yourself or go nuts about it. One can just move on and do something else.


@DeadParrot

I’m a Mandalorian riding on the back of Rainbow Dash
You’re arguement is invalid

Last edited Jun 29, 2012 at 01:10PM EDT
Jun 29, 2012 at 01:07PM EDT
Quote

>MFW the new topic:

I just woke up, and I think that’s about enough internet for today.

Anyways, I agree that most of the r34 is probably for trolling purposes or to abide by the rule. I doubt there’s really so many people that clop, and I find a lot of the r34 funny, myself. If you take anything on the pop-culture internet serious, it’s going to be distorted and confuzzled in your view, which will ruin your experience. You have to take it as a joke, really.

On the note of replacing the voice actors, I think if the actors were good enough and the reason was totes legit, I would probably get used to it. But it’s very difficult, as the voices are deeply attached to the characters. Luckily, neither the actors or the producers seem the kind to quit or fire people, respectively.

As for Tara being Pinkie, I saw this one video that had Twilight’s voice doing one of Pinkie’s lines, and vice versa, and it was pretty entertaining/freaky/-arousing-/confusing. So, I think it’d be a bit neat if Andrea had become Twilight and Tara was Pinkie.

Jun 29, 2012 at 01:18PM EDT
Quote

@Popper
Solomon’s sins were his wives turning him to peganism and away from god amongst other things and you didn’t dispute Abraham, the point I was making is that sex is heavily featured in the bible
In both good and bad ways. And I am a catholic by the way.

“Now, regarding sexual morality, it’s okay to have these desires in my opinion. It’s natural; you’re only human. But you can control them an teach yourself not to give in. You’ll always find yourself sexually attracted to stuff but you can have the sense to fight it or avoid it. "

Are you just talking about masturbation or women as well? Im sorry, but I can’t and won’t try to avoid being sexually attracted to women. It’s natural and is the only way to procreate*. You have to differentiate meaningless drunken sex and chronic masturbation between sex between your girlfriend or spouse and the occasional you time. They are completely different.

*I just said women because I am talking about myself. I think being gay is natural as well.

Last edited Jun 29, 2012 at 02:06PM EDT
Jun 29, 2012 at 01:42PM EDT
Quote

Double post, sorry

@popper
You know, Verbose said before that he wanted to wait till marriage before sex. I respect that and had nothing to say to him. I think the reason I feel so strongly compelled to comment on you is because when you talk about sexual attraction, you make it sound like an addiction that needs to be controlled. You even compare it to tobacco and alcohol. And then you say how you control it in order not to damage your moral integrity. The thing is, no many here think that way and are more liberal about it, so then I feel like your saying we can’t control our desires when in reality we are in complete control. Mabye that’s not what you mean to say, but that’s the vibe I get.

Last edited Jun 29, 2012 at 02:31PM EDT
Jun 29, 2012 at 02:31PM EDT
Quote

Alright everyone, I think this is getting a lil off topic from ponies.
So back to ponies.

There’s an opening scene now made for (i think its gonna be a series) “My little Portal”, looks good

Jun 29, 2012 at 02:36PM EDT
Quote

What would you do for another season of MLP?

Jun 29, 2012 at 02:58PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

What would you do for another season of MLP?

Eat a klondike bar, what else would I do?

Jun 29, 2012 at 03:04PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!