Forums / Discussion / General

175,803 total conversations in 5,797 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users

Dac wrote:

You know how Lauren stated that the ponies reproduced like normal mammals. What do you think is up with the ponies reproductive organs? Do you think its in inside the ponies( kind of like a reptile or bird) or they use a spell to hide in it public or what? Give me your theories.

How do you even come up with that?

You know what? Never mind. Let’s see what has Tara been doing…

EDIT: Page get

Last edited Mar 13, 2012 at 08:13AM EDT

I’m not even sure what the blue ones name is. Is it Screwloose or something? I don’t recall what the fandom came to agreement on

I don’t think any of them are related but they might all know each other. I like the idea that Screwball is still a close friend of the blue thing and Derpy is acquainted with them both. Refer to that Tumblr that features both Screwball and blue thing doing crazy stuff together.

However I am going to guess that the blue thing and Screwball have similar states of mental dementia, causing them to end up with similar marks, end up in the same hospital wing and really get to know each other. The blue one of course is in the worst condition. Completely fried

Derpy, not so much. I don’t like thinking that she is crazy, just ditzy. But she has no trouble socializing with nutcases apparently and represents a more distant, yet relate-able friend.

That’s about as far I go in terms of headcanon

In short:

Screwball and blue are padded cellmates
Derpy is their connection to the sane world
All three are unrelated friends

Last edited Mar 13, 2012 at 09:40AM EDT

Caramel wrote:

What’s your headcanon on these three’s relationship? (Or at least between Screwball, Screw Loose, and Discord.

Also, are there any fics about them?

In my ‘headcanon’ (which I totally didn’t make up just now), those three aren’t related in any way.

  • Screwloose (awesome name by the way) is just some pony with a mental disorder, so she spends all of her time locked up in a psych ward. That might sound like a depressing situation to some of you, but you can rest assured that she got the best padded cell.
  • Screwball was part of Discord’s personal ‘utopia’, so she vanished with it. She seemed to be the only pony who was totally cool with everything being turned into chaos, so I assumed that she was somehow part of it. She might have been a different pony beforehand, and what we saw was a ‘discorded’ version of that pony.
  • Derpy is just Derpy. She’s on the weather team / part of a time-travelling duo / a mail-mare / a full time mom (fanfics, y u no agree with each other?), and she does Derpy things. I don’t see her as being mentally handicapped in any way, though she is a bit ditzy.

Algernon wrote:

In my ‘headcanon’ (which I totally didn’t make up just now), those three aren’t related in any way.

  • Screwloose (awesome name by the way) is just some pony with a mental disorder, so she spends all of her time locked up in a psych ward. That might sound like a depressing situation to some of you, but you can rest assured that she got the best padded cell.
  • Screwball was part of Discord’s personal ‘utopia’, so she vanished with it. She seemed to be the only pony who was totally cool with everything being turned into chaos, so I assumed that she was somehow part of it. She might have been a different pony beforehand, and what we saw was a ‘discorded’ version of that pony.
  • Derpy is just Derpy. She’s on the weather team / part of a time-travelling duo / a mail-mare / a full time mom (fanfics, y u no agree with each other?), and she does Derpy things. I don’t see her as being mentally handicapped in any way, though she is a bit ditzy.

Screwloose got out pretty easy so I think they don’t even have padded cells in Equestria.

Derpy is Derpy. ‘Nuff said. And I think it is entirely possible for her to be a mailmare and a mother.
Screwball : Discorded Derpy
Screwloose: Derpy’s birth mother. (wow, not sure where that came from, but, you know… The grey hair makes her look a bit like Granny Smith)

Last edited Mar 13, 2012 at 12:20PM EDT

Dac wrote:

You know how Lauren stated that the ponies reproduced like normal mammals. What do you think is up with the ponies reproductive organs? Do you think its in inside the ponies( kind of like a reptile or bird) or they use a spell to hide in it public or what? Give me your theories.

My belief is that you can only see it if you believe it’s there.

Dac wrote:

You know how Lauren stated that the ponies reproduced like normal mammals. What do you think is up with the ponies reproductive organs? Do you think its in inside the ponies( kind of like a reptile or bird) or they use a spell to hide in it public or what? Give me your theories.

No thanks, I’d rather not think about how these ponies reproduce.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to cleanse my brain with fire…

@Screwball, Screwloose & Derpy

I just think Derpy is a clumsy mailmare (who may or may not be a mother).

When it comes to Screwloose, I just think she’s a patient in a mental ward. She’s not dangerous enough or anything to be locked up in a padded cell.

And then I like to think that Screwball isn’t actually a real pony, but some result of Discord’s return.

Screwloose: A professional dog breeder that took the phrase “be the client” too seriously.

Screwball: An innocent young mare that Discord whipped up as the mother of all jokes to mock Celestia’s role in the creation of ponies. She still exists because Discord’s arrogance never gave the draconequus time to terminate his practical joke.

Derpy: A determined, loving mother who, despite her disability, has flourished in her mail duties and has raised two beautiful daughters. She also decided it was a good idea to time-travel with some Brit-accented, chestnut-coated stallion who never tells anypony his name, hence why she is still relatively young even though one of her daughters is 18.

Gigatoast wrote:

So… how come when I leave for a week to play Mass Effect and spend time with my other waifu Tali’Zorah you all start talking about Screwball?

Did you cry from the fact the ending is awful or the fact the ending is sad?
I cried from both.

Gigatoast wrote:

So… how come when I leave for a week to play Mass Effect and spend time with my other waifu Tali’Zorah you all start talking about Screwball?

Gigatoast

He’s so fly, he’s got two waifus.


I like the theory that Derpy is the Derpy we all know and love, Screwball is Discord’s prank that was left behind and is still searching for her daddy, and that Screw Loose is Trixie after reading one too many Twixie fics.

To be honest, Bon Bon’s three (or four?) voices have been so brief none of them have stuck in my mind. that much.

But if I had to choose I would say the “I didn’t put those in my bag” from way back in season 1.

Cite wrote:

Did you cry from the fact the ending is awful or the fact the ending is sad?
I cried from both.

I didn’t cry at the end, my jaw hung limply open one finger hovering over my computer’s reset button while wondering what I had done with my life…
Then I noticed there was a cameo from Buzz Aldrin, he’s no voice actor but that was kinda cool.
Then I went back to grinding my teeth in disturbed anguish.

Speaking of which there’s actually a Child’s Play charity drive devoted to getting Bioware’s attention in regards to changing the ending to something less… painful. It’s raised over $26K in the past 24 hours, that’s over a thousand bucks an hour. (I just tossed in $5 myself, mostly to say I did it)

That oughta turn some heads over at Bioware, if there’s one thing we know they pay attention to, it’s money.

But that’s off topic, do you know what isn’t off topic?

@badsitrep:
HA! That didn’t happen in my playthrough because I was smooth enough to claim her for my own back in ME2! Better luck next time mandible face!

Last edited Mar 14, 2012 at 02:09AM EDT

@Screwloose, Screwball and Derpy

Alright we seem to be in agreement then. Court adjourned (Smacks hammer)


@Giga

We were looking to see how long we could discuss Screwball before you noticed :)


@Engie

That video is half a year old and it is still trolling people! Haha. I lost count of all the butthurt haters and morons screaming “Fake & Gay” in the comment section.

I also notice it was uploaded by SgtScrubnoob…same guy who made the MLP entry here?


In other news, here’s another one of those things about the show that leave you wondering:

How do ponies play Rock, Paper, Scissors?

Last edited Mar 14, 2012 at 03:22AM EDT

I realize that I’m a bit late, but HOW THE HELL DID WE GET ON THE TOPIC OF PONY GENITALIA? When I find the guy that started this I’ll…

Yes, ponies have genitalia. No, it’s not depicted in the show because 1) IT’S FOR CHILDREN, and 2) IT’S STYLIZED. See the image there? Notice how Big Mac has visible hooves, while Applejack’s hair somehow completely envelops her hooves? What’s more, why do male ponies have angular snouts while females have only a tiny nub left of one? If you’re arguing for realism, this is the wrong show to do it in.

They don’t need to tuck away anything, because that’s not what they look like in the real alternate universe world of Equestria. Think of MLP FiM as anime. And by that I mean as in the ponies on the show are stylized versions of ponies in real alternate universe life. Do people in anime look like real people at all? No. Do ponies in FiM look like real (talking anthropomorphic Equestrian) ponies at all? No.

I’m going to have to agree with Cite on this. I proclaim this discussion over (it was over and I restarted it didn’t I).


Anyone else feel the need to read over every new post in this thread since you last posted?


I think the reason why the thread slowing down is hitting me particularly hard (and it really isn’t) is because this is pretty much the only place where I partake in pony related activities. Y’all have synchtube, MSN, ponychan, /mlp/, whatever, so you can still get your daily dose of ponies somewhere else. Me, I hear everything here, and maybe Equestria Daily when I skim over it every day or so and leave in about 5 minutes because the entire site is dedicated to fanfics. That’s why I’m so late in every discussion (among other things, like HAVING A LIFE HAHA yeah no T_T).


So, next episode. “Dragon Quest”, so I heard. A great dragon migration? Teen dragons? Interesting. I can see the moral now.
“Dear Princess Celestia,
Today I learned that metal slimes are godly exp.
~Spike”

Last edited Mar 14, 2012 at 03:44AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Screwloose, Screwball and Derpy

Alright we seem to be in agreement then. Court adjourned (Smacks hammer)


@Giga

We were looking to see how long we could discuss Screwball before you noticed :)


@Engie

That video is half a year old and it is still trolling people! Haha. I lost count of all the butthurt haters and morons screaming “Fake & Gay” in the comment section.

I also notice it was uploaded by SgtScrubnoob…same guy who made the MLP entry here?


In other news, here’s another one of those things about the show that leave you wondering:

How do ponies play Rock, Paper, Scissors?

It’s easy, Ponies play rock paper scissors by…..by….by….

HOW THE HELL DID WE GET ON THE TOPIC OF PONY GENITALIA?

I think Dac might have something to do with that. Why don’t you ask him?*

But yea, we know cartoons don’t need to add such details but nobody said our serious discussions actually had to be serious ;)

*Seriously, whenever Dac appears, prepare for…interesting…topics


Anyone else feel the need to read over every new post in this thread since you last posted?

I do. Sometimes I take it to the next level by going back through the older posts because they were just that awesome. Remember the time we filled an entire page with Party Hard gifs? Or the time we kept a TL;DR discussion running for two pages. How about that time we threw all our OC’s into one image?

…memories.


So…about this new episode. I hear it contains dragons

Twins wrote:

Anyone else feel the need to read over every new post in this thread since you last posted?

I’ve been doing that ever since I joined the pony threads.

So…about this new episode. I hear it contains dragons
So, next episode. “Dragon Quest”, so I heard. A great dragon migration? Teen dragons? Interesting. I can see the moral now.
“Dear Princess Celestia,
Today I learned that metal slimes are godly exp.
~Spike”

If the animators add a Dragon Quest (RPG) reference to the episode, I’ll be so happy I might give away prizes or some shit in this thread.

Last edited Mar 14, 2012 at 05:53AM EDT

Yea let’s just say as soon as I drew a picture of Pinkie to my friend he kinda mocked me, and teased me saying “I can’t be bad.” So to prove it I had to do that. Why ? He’s a longtime friend….who happens to hate mlp with every fiber in his being.
Was my intent to troll ? No, just to see reactions. Do I still act bad ? Lockpicking, stealing, pyro, and pickpocketing.

Will I post the Pinkie image I drew ? When I’m not procrastinating :D

burning_phoneix wrote:

Tar Strong just shot up to my favourite voice actor lists.

Couldn’t agree more. I suppose it was only a matter of time before some of the staff started really interacting with the fandom! Hm, I wonder what she’ll do next.

burning_phoneix wrote:

Tar Strong just shot up to my favourite voice actor lists.

I just think Tara works so much that when she finally gets downtime, she has no idea how to spend it and just ends up getting really bored.

That and Studio B isn’t filming right now.

Y’all have synchtube, MSN, ponychan, /mlp/, whatever, so you can still get your daily dose of ponies somewhere else. Me, I hear everything here…

Why do you say “y’all?”
 
 
 

 
Oh, right. Thread.

You could always request to get on MSN. Cite is the man t…Oh.

Well, uh, I prefer the forum, because it organizes things a bit better and has more established rules. But you guys know that. I’m also at home for the week where I personally have more of a life…and play peacemaker…a lot.


Couldn’t agree more. I suppose it was only a matter of time before some of the staff started really interacting with the fandom! Hm, I wonder what she’ll do next.

She has no plans whatsoever at all.

Muffins wrote:

It’s about friggin’ time somebody ponified Uncharted.

Now if someone would hurry up and ponify Metro 2033 or STALKER, my life would be complete.

We need a cutter pony. Now. QUICK SOMEONE FIND A CUTTER AND FLIN PONY!

This is my first time posting here, but I’ve learned something interesting over the past month.

I’ve hated bronies since the fad ever started. I always thought they were either trying to troll others or just trying to be plain annoying. My motto in life has always been to be loving and understanding of others (which is ironic up to this point,) and I didn’t actually expect something as silly as a little girl’s show to hold anything meaningful or worthwhile.

A good friend of mine finally got ticked off after I made a smart-ass joke about bronies, and he told me to get off my high horse (pun) and watch the first five episodes. He said he’d buy me some soda and snacks and I could watch it for myself. I finally agreed and thought I could prove him wrong that there is nothing great about the show. He left to go play some ME3 in the other room and would ocassionaly come in to see if I was still actually watching.

The first episode was awful, but I had to keep going to fulfill my end of the bargain. It wasn’t until the 3rd episode that I actually laughed at something, which genuinely shocked me. And when my friend came into the room a while later, he laughed and said “Welcome to the herd!”

I laughed, and said: “Dude, I haven’t said I actually like it yet.”

He smirked, and pointed to the top of the player on his computer. I was on episode six of MLP:FiM.

So here I am, finishing up the first season of the show, and I’ve learned that anyone can overcome the oppressive “Masculinity” steroetype that men hold on to for no apparent reason, to find enjoyment out of something as simple as a little girl’s show.

So yes, I was once a pony-hater, now a Brony.

OmniXVII wrote:

This is my first time posting here, but I’ve learned something interesting over the past month.

I’ve hated bronies since the fad ever started. I always thought they were either trying to troll others or just trying to be plain annoying. My motto in life has always been to be loving and understanding of others (which is ironic up to this point,) and I didn’t actually expect something as silly as a little girl’s show to hold anything meaningful or worthwhile.

A good friend of mine finally got ticked off after I made a smart-ass joke about bronies, and he told me to get off my high horse (pun) and watch the first five episodes. He said he’d buy me some soda and snacks and I could watch it for myself. I finally agreed and thought I could prove him wrong that there is nothing great about the show. He left to go play some ME3 in the other room and would ocassionaly come in to see if I was still actually watching.

The first episode was awful, but I had to keep going to fulfill my end of the bargain. It wasn’t until the 3rd episode that I actually laughed at something, which genuinely shocked me. And when my friend came into the room a while later, he laughed and said “Welcome to the herd!”

I laughed, and said: “Dude, I haven’t said I actually like it yet.”

He smirked, and pointed to the top of the player on his computer. I was on episode six of MLP:FiM.

So here I am, finishing up the first season of the show, and I’ve learned that anyone can overcome the oppressive “Masculinity” steroetype that men hold on to for no apparent reason, to find enjoyment out of something as simple as a little girl’s show.

So yes, I was once a pony-hater, now a Brony.

Cite, get in here and relay your experiences. The two of you already have something in common.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!