Forums / Discussion / General

170,457 total conversations in 5,571 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users

Dunno ‘bout you guys but I shed manly tears a few days ago. Why ? Because I just noticed the CMC resembled three girls I used to babysit a few years ago. The reason why it made me shed tears was that I treated them like daughters, one of them called me “daddy”. I barely knew my dad so my heart was pretty much melted that day. One of them was tomboyish, one was a little clumsy and fancy, and the final one was fun loving. I even had to pick up a boy who was bullying them and force an apology out of him by picking him up by his collar. I almost cried when one of said that they hated me, she was having a really bad day. I played with them more than my other friends. But until now I notice that they all act like the little crusaders. My final visit made them cry when I had to leave. I tried to ignore it, but as soon as I closed the door I started to cry during my walk home. Possibly the only good thing I had ever done in my life so far. So a few days ago every memory I had appeared.
The Cutie Mark Crusaders are one of the only reason I watch the show, also I have yet to find what I’m good at. Well, that’s enough sadness for y’all. I’ma be heading off to TF2 or Gmod or whatever.

Mar 15, 2012 at 04:05PM EDT
Quote

Hm, I guess while I’m writing walls of text, I can tell the tale of how I became a brony in the first place. Gather round…

It all started last spring, about a year ago, when I first say ponies appearing all over the place. At first I didn’t really pay any attention to them, but after a while they became hard to ignore. Just what were these ponies? Why did people like them? Those were questions I had to ask myself. So, to quench my thirst for answers, I went to the My Little Brony Memebase page. I looked at some images, but I didn’t really understand what I saw. It wasn’t until late September/early October that I saw something that caught my eye: Discord. He was a true villain, and from some of the fanart I say, he seemed like a pretty cool guy who doesn’t afraid of anything. At that moment I became a brony, I just didn’t realize it yet.

Every day or two I returned to Memebase or here to KYM to see what the brony community was up to, and eventually I decided to actually watch an episode. I had to study this phenomenon! Starting with episode 1. I got it on Friday and watched it when I got home from university. It was okay… I could see why people would enjoy it… but I didn’t think it was anything special at the time. Of course, that night I couldn’t get those darn ponies out of my head and I had to rewatch it the next day. I liked it more the second time. The only problem was that fact that my dial-up internet at home stopped my from getting any more episodes, so I had to wait until Monday to get episodes 2, 3 and 4. My feelings toward episode 2 were much the same as they were to episode 1, but episode 3 was different. I actually laughed during that one… it was genuinely enjoyable to watch! Episode 4 was even better, and both of those episodes are still among my favourites today. The next day I got the rest of the season, and the rest is history.

Oh, and I was not disappointed with Discord’s appearance in the show. He is awesome.

tl:dr
Discord made me a brony.

Mar 15, 2012 at 04:14PM EDT
Quote

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

I told my mom, and me and my brother converted her. Really easily, in fact…

Other than that, I tell everybody I meet on the internet that I’m a brony, but only if it comes up. I tend to find shoving it down their throats, while funny, drives people off. None of the people I know IRL know that I’m a brony, mostly because I don’t trust them with that knowledge.


When i first found out that i became a brony i was worried about letting anyone outside my family know because i feel like you can’t trust anyone these days…it feel’s like the second they know the littlest secret of yours they’ll do everything they can to stretch it out and tell as many people…which is why I’m a bit of a shut-in.

Mar 15, 2012 at 04:20PM EDT

Engie wrote:

Dunno ‘bout you guys but I shed manly tears a few days ago. Why ? Because I just noticed the CMC resembled three girls I used to babysit a few years ago. The reason why it made me shed tears was that I treated them like daughters, one of them called me “daddy”. I barely knew my dad so my heart was pretty much melted that day. One of them was tomboyish, one was a little clumsy and fancy, and the final one was fun loving. I even had to pick up a boy who was bullying them and force an apology out of him by picking him up by his collar. I almost cried when one of said that they hated me, she was having a really bad day. I played with them more than my other friends. But until now I notice that they all act like the little crusaders. My final visit made them cry when I had to leave. I tried to ignore it, but as soon as I closed the door I started to cry during my walk home. Possibly the only good thing I had ever done in my life so far. So a few days ago every memory I had appeared.
The Cutie Mark Crusaders are one of the only reason I watch the show, also I have yet to find what I’m good at. Well, that’s enough sadness for y’all. I’ma be heading off to TF2 or Gmod or whatever.

Dude.

That’s deep.

Everybody, hug Engie!

Mar 15, 2012 at 04:20PM EDT
Quote

Engie wrote:

Dunno ‘bout you guys but I shed manly tears a few days ago. Why ? Because I just noticed the CMC resembled three girls I used to babysit a few years ago. The reason why it made me shed tears was that I treated them like daughters, one of them called me “daddy”. I barely knew my dad so my heart was pretty much melted that day. One of them was tomboyish, one was a little clumsy and fancy, and the final one was fun loving. I even had to pick up a boy who was bullying them and force an apology out of him by picking him up by his collar. I almost cried when one of said that they hated me, she was having a really bad day. I played with them more than my other friends. But until now I notice that they all act like the little crusaders. My final visit made them cry when I had to leave. I tried to ignore it, but as soon as I closed the door I started to cry during my walk home. Possibly the only good thing I had ever done in my life so far. So a few days ago every memory I had appeared.
The Cutie Mark Crusaders are one of the only reason I watch the show, also I have yet to find what I’m good at. Well, that’s enough sadness for y’all. I’ma be heading off to TF2 or Gmod or whatever.

We’re here for you bro.

If it helps keep posting your hilarious shit. I nearly pissed myself laughing when you posted the nope.avi after your mcdonald’s pony collecting story… (where’d i see that again?)

Mar 15, 2012 at 04:33PM EDT
Quote

Engie wrote:

Dunno ‘bout you guys but I shed manly tears a few days ago. Why ? Because I just noticed the CMC resembled three girls I used to babysit a few years ago. The reason why it made me shed tears was that I treated them like daughters, one of them called me “daddy”. I barely knew my dad so my heart was pretty much melted that day. One of them was tomboyish, one was a little clumsy and fancy, and the final one was fun loving. I even had to pick up a boy who was bullying them and force an apology out of him by picking him up by his collar. I almost cried when one of said that they hated me, she was having a really bad day. I played with them more than my other friends. But until now I notice that they all act like the little crusaders. My final visit made them cry when I had to leave. I tried to ignore it, but as soon as I closed the door I started to cry during my walk home. Possibly the only good thing I had ever done in my life so far. So a few days ago every memory I had appeared.
The Cutie Mark Crusaders are one of the only reason I watch the show, also I have yet to find what I’m good at. Well, that’s enough sadness for y’all. I’ma be heading off to TF2 or Gmod or whatever.

My Celestia…
THEIR EVERYWHERE!!!

I really liked the story. It was…touching… :’D

Last edited Mar 15, 2012 at 04:40PM EDT
Mar 15, 2012 at 04:39PM EDT
Quote

Oh snap!

Last edited Mar 15, 2012 at 05:00PM EDT
Mar 15, 2012 at 04:59PM EDT
Quote

My friend and I were talking, are we sure Las Pegasus is supposed to be Las Vegas.
It could be Los Angeles, the las could have been a los and they have the same number of syllables.
Pe-ga-sus | An-ge-les
As opposed to Vegas which is two syllables.

Any thoughts?

Mar 15, 2012 at 06:09PM EDT
Quote

“Las Pegasus” is supposed to be LA. “Las Haygas” is Vegas. At last, according to this:

Mar 15, 2012 at 06:19PM EDT
Quote

This is very simple. If it was supposed to be Los Angeles, it would have been Los Pegsus, not Las Pegasus. And plus, I don’t think they were going for syllabic accord; “Pegasus” sounds much more like “Vegas” than it does “Angeles.”

Mar 15, 2012 at 06:33PM EDT
Quote

Just popping in here to say that activity in the Know Your Meme Brony Brotherhood on Steam is at an all-time low, and it would be great if we could get some new members in there.

Mar 15, 2012 at 06:42PM EDT

Nintendork64 wrote:

Just popping in here to say that activity in the Know Your Meme Brony Brotherhood on Steam is at an all-time low, and it would be great if we could get some new members in there.

I can’t see what does that have to with us…
That group is for KYMers including non-bronies such as yourself, so you can post this on the General forums or something.
There’s little we can help you with seeing that this thread has dwindling numbers as it is, and those of us who are still here are already members.
Although if you want ONLY Brony members try the MLP entry’s comment section… ( Though, I can’t see why a pony-hater such as you would want to pick that choice in the first place.)
Anyway, Good luck.


@ Discussion topic:
I like to believe it means Los Angeles, it’s not abut similar pronunciation or about the number of syllables, it’s about the expression it was used in : From Philadelphia to Los Angeles (IE. Coast-to-coast) would make a lot more sense than Philadelphia to Las Vegas (Coast-to-..midwest?).
This is assuming two things:

  • Fillydelphia is an expy of Philadelphia.
  • Equestrian cities mirror the location of the US cities that their names are based-off.
Last edited Mar 15, 2012 at 08:04PM EDT
Mar 15, 2012 at 07:52PM EDT
Quote

opspe wrote:

This is very simple. If it was supposed to be Los Angeles, it would have been Los Pegsus, not Las Pegasus. And plus, I don’t think they were going for syllabic accord; “Pegasus” sounds much more like “Vegas” than it does “Angeles.”

But they rhyme so wonderfully! The ‘us’ in pegasus makes the “iss” sound, and so does the ‘es’ Angeles. Peh-guh-siss | Anne-gih-liss

Yeah… It doesn’t really matter. We’ll never know unless we ask the writer or until they mention Las Neighgas/Haygas.


P.S. X, I don’t think he hates ponies; he tried to be a brony but couldn’t get into it. I don’t think he hates us, though.

Mar 15, 2012 at 08:02PM EDT
Quote

X wrote:

I can’t see what does that have to with us…
That group is for KYMers including non-bronies such as yourself, so you can post this on the General forums or something.
There’s little we can help you with seeing that this thread has dwindling numbers as it is, and those of us who are still here are already members.
Although if you want ONLY Brony members try the MLP entry’s comment section… ( Though, I can’t see why a pony-hater such as you would want to pick that choice in the first place.)
Anyway, Good luck.


@ Discussion topic:
I like to believe it means Los Angeles, it’s not abut similar pronunciation or about the number of syllables, it’s about the expression it was used in : From Philadelphia to Los Angeles (IE. Coast-to-coast) would make a lot more sense than Philadelphia to Las Vegas (Coast-to-..midwest?).
This is assuming two things:

  • Fillydelphia is an expy of Philadelphia.
  • Equestrian cities mirror the location of the US cities that their names are based-off.

Unrelated? It’s a Brony group of people on KYM… If that’s not related, I don’t know what is. I’m talking about the KYM Brony Brotherhood, not the KYM Team.
But seeing that numbers in both this thread and the KYMBB are dwindling… Perhaps people are moving on. All good (or, ahem, frustratingly mediocre) things must come to an end, I suppose. Though I wouldn’t really call myself a pony hater per se, it’s true I still am not fond of it.

Mar 15, 2012 at 08:04PM EDT

This thread has like 8-10 dedicated posters. Most of the people in the entry comments section don’t post here. But the comments section actually has plenty of people discussing something.

Mar 15, 2012 at 08:11PM EDT

Nintendork64 wrote:

Unrelated? It’s a Brony group of people on KYM… If that’s not related, I don’t know what is. I’m talking about the KYM Brony Brotherhood, not the KYM Team.
But seeing that numbers in both this thread and the KYMBB are dwindling… Perhaps people are moving on. All good (or, ahem, frustratingly mediocre) things must come to an end, I suppose. Though I wouldn’t really call myself a pony hater per se, it’s true I still am not fond of it.

Again, the KYM Brony Brotherhood is not a Brony-only community, it’s not exclusively for bronies.
Thus you can post a thread on the General Forums to advertise it, and seeing you’re a …*ahem*non-brony, you can advertise its non-brony friendly nature, and be believed by your peers.

And no, we aren’t moving to the next “frustratingly mediocre” fad, If you read the previous pages you’d see the numbers on this thread are dwindling because we have our own forums now.
So I’m sorry to pop your bubble, MLP interest is still on the rise.
However you can look at it from this angle: Maybe some day all of the bronies here will move on to our new site/forum, and you’ll have your beloved Cancer Brony-free KYM back.

Last edited Mar 15, 2012 at 08:16PM EDT
Mar 15, 2012 at 08:11PM EDT
Quote

X wrote:

Again, the KYM Brony Brotherhood is not a Brony-only community, it’s not exclusively for bronies.
Thus you can post a thread on the General Forums to advertise it, and seeing you’re a …*ahem*non-brony, you can advertise its non-brony friendly nature, and be believed by your peers.

And no, we aren’t moving to the next “frustratingly mediocre” fad, If you read the previous pages you’d see the numbers on this thread are dwindling because we have our own forums now.
So I’m sorry to pop your bubble, MLP interest is still on the rise.
However you can look at it from this angle: Maybe some day all of the bronies here will move on to our new site/forum, and you’ll have your beloved Cancer Brony-free KYM back.

Well this thread isn’t necessarily just bronies either, but in both cases, it’s mostly bronies and a couple non-bronies. I felt this was where to put it, because it wasn’t big enough to warrent it’s own thread.
And when did I ever say Bronies are cancer? I feel like you’re just putting words in my mouth here.

Mar 15, 2012 at 08:32PM EDT

X wrote:

Again, the KYM Brony Brotherhood is not a Brony-only community, it’s not exclusively for bronies.
Thus you can post a thread on the General Forums to advertise it, and seeing you’re a …*ahem*non-brony, you can advertise its non-brony friendly nature, and be believed by your peers.

And no, we aren’t moving to the next “frustratingly mediocre” fad, If you read the previous pages you’d see the numbers on this thread are dwindling because we have our own forums now.
So I’m sorry to pop your bubble, MLP interest is still on the rise.
However you can look at it from this angle: Maybe some day all of the bronies here will move on to our new site/forum, and you’ll have your beloved Cancer Brony-free KYM back.

I wouldn’t call myself a brony and I still participate in this thread, so it’s not like this thread is for bronies only.

Also, Nintendork doesn’t think MLP is cancer; he just isn’t that huge of a fan of the show.

Fun fact: the Brony Brotherhood steam group relates to gasp bronies so it’s perfectly okay for it to be talked about here.

tl;dr

Mar 15, 2012 at 08:32PM EDT
Quote

Nintendork64 wrote:

Well this thread isn’t necessarily just bronies either, but in both cases, it’s mostly bronies and a couple non-bronies. I felt this was where to put it, because it wasn’t big enough to warrent it’s own thread.
And when did I ever say Bronies are cancer? I feel like you’re just putting words in my mouth here.

I’m not gonna quote your post from Nikolaki8 wall or anything, let me just tell you this, Advice animals are getting a little bit overused, so are rage faces. Everyone (not only bronies) “whine” about them, we haven’t had a good meme for ages, but when we do, it instantly receives acclaim.

For Example: Jimmes, nobody whined about it and a day after the entry was made it got its very own thread Jimmies general (OP is a fairly cool guy) .

I know you NEVER called MLP cancer, and I remember the days when you were trying the show (I salute you for trying and not blindly bashing it), but in the end you leave this site because of people (sometimes rightfully) whining about Advice Animals and Rage faces overuse, and then blaming ponies for it? isn’t that a bit over-kill?

Now the reason I’m saying this is because you were one of my favorite posters here, and I really don’t want to see another good KYMer go, we are losing enough already.

So again I was offering you some advice with a side-dish of humor but it got misinterpreted (dude, as a rule: strikeout-text = not serious).
SO here it is again in helpful list format!
If you want more traffic in the KYM BB group:

  • Post in the General Forums for more non-bronies.
  • Post in the MLP comment section for more bronies.
    Everyone here is already a member, or is covered by the two above groups.

TL;DR COME BACK ! DON’T LEAVE US!!!


@ Chris:

Jimmies status:
[ ]Rustled.
[ ]Not rustled.
[x]A little bit tsun-tsun.

And for the record I don’t consider my self a brony.

Last edited Mar 15, 2012 at 09:02PM EDT
Mar 15, 2012 at 08:51PM EDT
Quote

X wrote:

I’m not gonna quote your post from Nikolaki8 wall or anything, let me just tell you this, Advice animals are getting a little bit overused, so are rage faces. Everyone (not only bronies) “whine” about them, we haven’t had a good meme for ages, but when we do, it instantly receives acclaim.

For Example: Jimmes, nobody whined about it and a day after the entry was made it got its very own thread Jimmies general (OP is a fairly cool guy) .

I know you NEVER called MLP cancer, and I remember the days when you were trying the show (I salute you for trying and not blindly bashing it), but in the end you leave this site because of people (sometimes rightfully) whining about Advice Animals and Rage faces overuse, and then blaming ponies for it? isn’t that a bit over-kill?

Now the reason I’m saying this is because you were one of my favorite posters here, and I really don’t want to see another good KYMer go, we are losing enough already.

So again I was offering you some advice with a side-dish of humor but it got misinterpreted (dude, as a rule: strikeout-text = not serious).
SO here it is again in helpful list format!
If you want more traffic in the KYM BB group:

  • Post in the General Forums for more non-bronies.
  • Post in the MLP comment section for more bronies.
    Everyone here is already a member, or is covered by the two above groups.

TL;DR COME BACK ! DON’T LEAVE US!!!


@ Chris:

Jimmies status:
[ ]Rustled.
[ ]Not rustled.
[x]A little bit tsun-tsun.

And for the record I don’t consider my self a brony.

It’s not that I suddenly left, it’s that I’ve been slowly interest slowly over time, because of people complaining about every new meme that comes in, as well as the fact that the site seems to be half about ponies, meaning half of it doesn’t interest me. I never blamed ponies for whining about other memes, I just said I didn’t like the hypocrisy of people saying Rage faces, Advice animals, Arrow to the Knee, etc. are overused, while ponies have been in the trending bar nearly every day for a year now, with constant posts and images popping up here every day.
And like I said before, I don’t entirely hate bronies, and I’m not specifically looking for non-bronies to join the chat. I posted here. What’s the huge problem?
Though I’m flattered you think I’m a great poster, I don’t think you’re understanding why I’m posting here.

Last edited Mar 15, 2012 at 09:13PM EDT
Mar 15, 2012 at 09:05PM EDT

Nintendork64 wrote:

It’s not that I suddenly left, it’s that I’ve been slowly interest slowly over time, because of people complaining about every new meme that comes in, as well as the fact that the site seems to be half about ponies, meaning half of it doesn’t interest me. I never blamed ponies for whining about other memes, I just said I didn’t like the hypocrisy of people saying Rage faces, Advice animals, Arrow to the Knee, etc. are overused, while ponies have been in the trending bar nearly every day for a year now, with constant posts and images popping up here every day.
And like I said before, I don’t entirely hate bronies, and I’m not specifically looking for non-bronies to join the chat. I posted here. What’s the huge problem?
Though I’m flattered you think I’m a great poster, I don’t think you’re understanding why I’m posting here.

I never said there was a problem, I was just saying that your method is ineffective, If I offended you in anyway than I’m sorry, I was simply trying to offer advice, and I’m sorry if I sounded too haughty. If you want to continues this discussion or you have something to say to me, I’m going to have to ask you to do it on my wall, for the sake of keeping this thread on topic, that however DOESN’T MEAN I’m telling you to leave this thread, you are always welcome here, feel free to contribute whenever you like.



Looks like my theory isn’t exactly the most famous…

Mar 15, 2012 at 09:22PM EDT
Quote

X wrote:

I never said there was a problem, I was just saying that your method is ineffective, If I offended you in anyway than I’m sorry, I was simply trying to offer advice, and I’m sorry if I sounded too haughty. If you want to continues this discussion or you have something to say to me, I’m going to have to ask you to do it on my wall, for the sake of keeping this thread on topic, that however DOESN’T MEAN I’m telling you to leave this thread, you are always welcome here, feel free to contribute whenever you like.



Looks like my theory isn’t exactly the most famous…

Thatsssssss a nice sign you got there………….

Mar 15, 2012 at 09:28PM EDT
Quote

X wrote:

I never said there was a problem, I was just saying that your method is ineffective, If I offended you in anyway than I’m sorry, I was simply trying to offer advice, and I’m sorry if I sounded too haughty. If you want to continues this discussion or you have something to say to me, I’m going to have to ask you to do it on my wall, for the sake of keeping this thread on topic, that however DOESN’T MEAN I’m telling you to leave this thread, you are always welcome here, feel free to contribute whenever you like.



Looks like my theory isn’t exactly the most famous…

I hope that is on the KYM server. if not ima see if I can make that…after finding a dessert.

Mar 15, 2012 at 09:29PM EDT
Quote

@the los Pegasus discussion
On a geographical standpoint, Los Angeles makes the most sense. If rainbow dash is going all over equestria to look for a disaster, it would make more sense she went to Manenhattan( or did she say baltimare, still on the Atlantic coast so directly opposite of LA anyways) all the way to Los pegases ( LA) instead of stoping at Las Vegas, Nevada.
Just wondering, do you guys say Los Angeles or LA? I personally say LA, can’t say I ever refer to it as Los Angeles.

Edit ok it was philadelphia to Los Peguses. Still my point still stands. Don’t know why she would stop one state away from the most populated and greatest state in equestria, Ponyfornia.

Last edited Mar 15, 2012 at 09:57PM EDT
Mar 15, 2012 at 09:47PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

@the los Pegasus discussion
On a geographical standpoint, Los Angeles makes the most sense. If rainbow dash is going all over equestria to look for a disaster, it would make more sense she went to Manenhattan( or did she say baltimare, still on the Atlantic coast so directly opposite of LA anyways) all the way to Los pegases ( LA) instead of stoping at Las Vegas, Nevada.
Just wondering, do you guys say Los Angeles or LA? I personally say LA, can’t say I ever refer to it as Los Angeles.

Edit ok it was philadelphia to Los Peguses. Still my point still stands. Don’t know why she would stop one state away from the most populated and greatest state in equestria, Ponyfornia.

How does it make more sense she would go to the theoretical location of LA? Nevada is just east of California, which is the direction she came from.
And of course, this is assuming Equestria has the same geographical setup as the U.S.
Dear God look at us discussing pony geography.

Last edited Mar 15, 2012 at 09:57PM EDT
Mar 15, 2012 at 09:57PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

How does it make more sense she would go to the theoretical location of LA? Nevada is just east of California, which is the direction she came from.
And of course, this is assuming Equestria has the same geographical setup as the U.S.
Dear God look at us discussing pony geography.

Considering that most of the city’s In Equestria are just american cities with a pony twist, we can assume its geography is similar for argument sake. I think it makes more sense she went coast to coast. Also, LA is a larger and more important metropolitan area than Las Vegas( suck it sin city), the amount of syllables are the same in Pegasus and angeles, and the city is way more disaster prone.

Mar 15, 2012 at 10:06PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

Considering that most of the city’s In Equestria are just american cities with a pony twist, we can assume its geography is similar for argument sake. I think it makes more sense she went coast to coast. Also, LA is a larger and more important metropolitan area than Las Vegas( suck it sin city), the amount of syllables are the same in Pegasus and angeles, and the city is way more disaster prone.

Meh. I dunno. This is the kind of discussion that happens when I’m bored.

Mar 15, 2012 at 10:09PM EDT
Quote

Las Pegasus. For some reason I’m always thinking about Vegas and not LA.
But seeing how as most of y’all are making a few points then I guess it could be.
Now I’m just thinking of what other cities have a little pony twist to them.

Mar 15, 2012 at 10:40PM EDT
Quote

>mfw I couldn’t concentrate long enough to type up the whole story of how I became a bronei

The long and short of it is that I saw alot of ponies being posted on some other site, thought they were really cute and decided to check the show out. I absolutely loved it almost right away for things like the quick humor and catchy songs as well as the hella cute factor. So that’s that, for the most part.

Mar 15, 2012 at 10:40PM EDT

Since Iamslow told his story I might as well tell my tail. I will keep it short because I am not writing a novel. My first experience with ponies was when I saw this video 5-6 months ago




all I knew was that it was related to TF2, I had no idea that it was related to. Fast forward about 4 months and I had my first real encounter with ponies, on My Little Brony. I was somewhat captivated by these colorful ponies with funny posts. I lurked around for about 2 weeks before deciding to watch the show. In the span of 3 days I watched all the episodes. I have to admit I didn’t like the first 2 episodes. Aside from that I loved the animation, the references, humor and
most of the songs.

Last edited Mar 15, 2012 at 11:14PM EDT
Mar 15, 2012 at 11:01PM EDT
Quote

Tim the Enchanter wrote:

Since Iamslow told his story I might as well tell my tail. I will keep it short because I am not writing a novel. My first experience with ponies was when I saw this video 5-6 months ago




all I knew was that it was related to TF2, I had no idea that it was related to. Fast forward about 4 months and I had my first real encounter with ponies, on My Little Brony. I was somewhat captivated by these colorful ponies with funny posts. I lurked around for about 2 weeks before deciding to watch the show. In the span of 3 days I watched all the episodes. I have to admit I didn’t like the first 2 episodes. Aside from that I loved the animation, the references, humor and
most of the songs.

I might be in that video. But it was when I was about a couple of months into the fandom did I actually notice it.

Mar 15, 2012 at 11:24PM EDT
Quote

@montypython
Tell your tail? Lol! Me thinks you mean tale.
By the way, I love that video! Is it really that old already?

Mar 15, 2012 at 11:27PM EDT
Quote

@Dac Yes I meant tale, I think I accidentally typed that because I was thinking of a really bad pun at the time I was typing.

Last edited Mar 15, 2012 at 11:57PM EDT
Mar 15, 2012 at 11:54PM EDT
Quote

badsitrep wrote:

lol. Trollface cutie mark.

Actually its Twinkie the Kid. The Twinkie mascot


So about this Steam group…tell me more.

Mar 16, 2012 at 01:08AM EDT
Quote

Has anyone mentioned the clip that the hub released for the upcoming episode? Also, there are a lot of screen shots for the upcoming episodes.

Mar 16, 2012 at 03:11AM EDT
Quote

Can we refrain this time from posting spoilers, except with the spoiler button thing? This time I’d actually like to know absolutely nothing about this coming episode, other than it has something to do with Spike. It’s been too long since I’ve known nothing about an episode, and I’d like to try that again.

Last edited Mar 16, 2012 at 03:15AM EDT
Mar 16, 2012 at 03:14AM EDT
Quote

Muffins wrote:

Can we refrain this time from posting spoilers, except with the spoiler button thing? This time I’d actually like to know absolutely nothing about this coming episode, other than it has something to do with Spike. It’s been too long since I’ve known nothing about an episode, and I’d like to try that again.

I know that feel. Unfortunately, with my less-than-adequate internet at home, I can’t actually watch the episodes until the following Monday. Of course, by then the interwebs are full of spoilers.

If all else fails, just quarantine yourself away from the internet until you can actually watch the episode. That’s what I try (and usually fail) to do.

Mar 16, 2012 at 09:56AM EDT
Quote

Since everyone is telling how they became a brony i might aswell to:
When i found this site i would browse entry’s and i think in the first world problems entry i found this image:

and i was like “My little pony? what the crap” and then one day i found the episode on my little pony and then a few months later i joined the forum saw Pony Gen 2 i lurked and then watched the show then that was it

Mar 16, 2012 at 01:05PM EDT
Quote

My friend’s girlfriend works at a McDonald’s, and today she said that she would do everything in her power to get me the entire range of McDonald’s ponies, even if it means she has to steal the ones from the display box. Awwwww yeah!

Curse these ponies, they drive one to petty theft…

Mar 16, 2012 at 05:00PM EDT
Quote

@Connor

Celestia apparently captchalogued her jewelry before she saw Luna

But she quickly pulled them out in the last panel


@Commodore

If another thread here is any indication, Anako’s mom is a step ahead of you already.

So are those the same plastic models that Hasbro hands out in bunches or models exclusive to McDonalds?


By the way, someone made an image of Derpy tripping balls

Awesome.

Last edited Mar 16, 2012 at 06:18PM EDT
Mar 16, 2012 at 06:15PM EDT
Quote

@ BSoD: Ooh, that’s pretty!

Hey guys, after I went on a marathon binge of Cromartie High School, I came to the conclusion of remaking the opening of the show and ponifying it. I’m thinking of making Big Mac as Freddie and Derpy as Mechazawa. If any of you have seen the show, any help would be good for choosing who to be who.

Mar 16, 2012 at 07:12PM EDT
Quote

How much longer will they be selling those McDonald’s toys? I have an important decision to make. On one hand, I have what is left of my masculinity, then on the other hand, ponies.


Also, does it bother anyone else that the official Hasbro toys look nothing like they are supposed to? At least the McDonalds toys do. For example, the ones with the brushable manes look too poofy, but that’s understandable because it’s hard to get thread material into the right shape.

However, the blindbags are just unacceptable. Every unicorn is either a recolor of Rarity or Twilight, every pegasus is a recolor of RD, and every earth pony is a recolor of RD without wings.

I can push this aside, though, because most little girls probably won’t care, but their Fluttershy blind bag should be considered a crime against humanity:

Not to sound extreme or anything.

Last edited Mar 16, 2012 at 08:05PM EDT
Mar 16, 2012 at 07:36PM EDT
Quote

opspe wrote:

This is very simple. If it was supposed to be Los Angeles, it would have been Los Pegsus, not Las Pegasus. And plus, I don’t think they were going for syllabic accord; “Pegasus” sounds much more like “Vegas” than it does “Angeles.”

I know that this topic has been dead since yesterday, but why do you say that it was “las” instead of “Los”? Are you just going by how it sounded? Because if you are, that doesn’t mean anything really. I pronounce them both exactly the same when referring to both cities, As does everyone else I know here in California. I maintain that they were referring to LA most likely.

@ muffinator
If you put some effort into it, you can get the brushable manes to look really good.

Last edited Mar 16, 2012 at 07:46PM EDT
Mar 16, 2012 at 07:42PM EDT
Quote

Finished season 1, onto season 2.

I’ve also decided that Twilight Sparkle is best pony.
(I’ve also decided that Spike is a bastard.)




Last edited Mar 16, 2012 at 08:29PM EDT
Mar 16, 2012 at 08:27PM EDT
Quote

Alright, I’ve been pushing this one for a while, but I’ll tell my story of brony discovery.

Ahem.

A LONG TIME AGO, IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY

Wait… shit, wrong story.

Anyways, It all started when I was browsing Youtube and came across some nice video series that explained a few meme phenomenous. I thought to myself “Not bad”, and decided to visit their website: KnowYourMeme.com. Never would I know that this one single website visit could have the power to change my life for the best.

By the time I went there, (July last year) it was little after the Pony Big Bang had exploded on KYM and taken control of the place for the first time. As some might remember, the place was one huge mess of ponies and ponies and ponies nonstop, with “MLP:FiM” trending 24/7. And of course, there was no way I couldn’t have noticed them. Yes, there where other memes, but I said “Dafuq is going on with all those ponies roaming on the website??”

I thought “Well, if they’re on a meme database site, they must obviouslly be one”. And so I visited their entry. By the time it was still groing to become the thing we all know. So the first thing I did was read about it. “Right, it’s a new TV show created by the same woman who was on the creation of PPG” I got to know. Then I went to check some pics. Yes, they were plenty and they were very nice, but I didn’t see nothing special about them. Just good old fanart. Every cartoon has it’s own. Then I moved to the vids. I went back to Youtube and started watching some pony videos. Clips of episodes, one or two PMV’s, but still nothing. “This show seems to be nice”, I had to agree., "But I can’t get shit to why so many people, better saying so many guys like it so much. Guess that to fully understand all this pony craze/stuff/thing, there is but only one way:

“I will have to watch it!!”

END OF ACT ONE

Last edited Mar 16, 2012 at 08:33PM EDT
Mar 16, 2012 at 08:32PM EDT
Quote

ACT TWO

So there I was, going to watch my first MLP: FiM episode. I didn’t had much expectactions about it: was just trying to see if it was worth the watch and prove to myself if these “broneis” were talking true about this show. And so did I. Went through the first episode. Too much cheese of course, but there was still part two. “Ok, it has a nice pilot, a good animation, the characters seems interesting” I thought, and felt optimistic enough to go for more. And that’s what I did: from Ticket Master all the way to the Grand Galloping Galla, I started to like that show more and more: Laugh at the memes from it, watch more pony videos, search for more art.

But there was one thing that I still wanted to see: The community it created. I didn’t have contact with any other fan groups from previous cartoons I used to watch. So I thought the brony community would be a great start, since Love and Toleration was their official motto. But where to start? There seemed to be so many from all different pony websites, and I wanted to settle in a main one. And so I decided to do it on where I had started in first place: KYM.

And in the end, it was pretty simple: Just made an account, started commenting on the thread, dumping posting images on the gallery,… and of course, get to know you guys.

And that’s how my Equestria was made.

CLOSES COURTAINS

Last edited Mar 16, 2012 at 08:40PM EDT
Mar 16, 2012 at 08:34PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!