Forums / Discussion / General

171,317 total conversations in 5,615 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users

London Royal Wedding

MLP Royal Wedding

OMG OMG MUST MARK CALENDAR WITH ALL THE SHARPIE MARKERS I CAN FIND!!!

EDIT: Royal page get

LIKE A SIR!

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 12:37AM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 12:29AM EDT
Quote

Oh man, the season finale is gonna be great. At first I was only interested in it to find out if Cadence is really an alicorn or just a big fat phony pony but now I’m really looking forward to it.

But first things first. tomorrow, we get to see this guy in action.

Mar 24, 2012 at 12:46AM EDT

My time at banned camp was kinda like this

but I was still in IRC, ponychan, ponyhub, and 4chan /mlp/
I have been busy IRL too so I will not be on over the weekend but I will be back next week

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 01:35AM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 01:24AM EDT
Quote

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

A lot of spoilers for the season finale have been announced. Please keep them under spoiler tags. I DUN WANNA BE SPOILED! :(

RANDOM PONY IMAGE GO!


Mar 24, 2012 at 06:26AM EDT
Quote

burning_phoneix wrote:

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

A lot of spoilers for the season finale have been announced. Please keep them under spoiler tags. I DUN WANNA BE SPOILED! :(

RANDOM PONY IMAGE GO!


I know what to reply to that with!

Mar 24, 2012 at 09:33AM EDT
Quote

@Ric
I dunno. Blueblood was said to be Celestia’s nephew approximately 83 times removed, if I remember correctly. It’s probably a bit more complicated than that.
Or something.

Mar 24, 2012 at 09:41AM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

@Ric
I dunno. Blueblood was said to be Celestia’s nephew approximately 83 times removed, if I remember correctly. It’s probably a bit more complicated than that.
Or something.

Mar 24, 2012 at 09:48AM EDT
Quote

>find deviantart for the guy who did my avatar
>decide to follow him
>sees journal post
>guy posts link to his tumblr in it
>click
>first thing on there is porn


Actually, I’m not mad. Or even surprised. Just disappointed. Very disappointed.
Dammit, fandom.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 10:06AM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 10:06AM EDT
Quote

Normally I try to stay clear of spoilers, but I couldn’t resist this time. Here’s hoping I get the button format right:

Episode 26 – A Canterlot Wedding Part 2

Synopsis: Twilight discovers a dark secret about Cadence right before the wedding. Told you about them fake horns.

@Citation

Where can I find the full picture of your avatar anyways? I must know.

Mar 24, 2012 at 11:05AM EDT
Quote

Muffinator Supreme wrote:

@Citation
Where can I find the full picture of your avatar anyways? I must know.



Here.

Mar 24, 2012 at 11:19AM EDT
Quote


……….This is damn awesome.
If you guys recognize this movie, I will be impressed.
@Muffins below.
Congradulations. I though that most people didn’t know about this movie. Probably because I asked my friends (who know about almost everything, mind you) and they haven’t even heard of it.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 11:42AM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 11:19AM EDT
Quote

Sandstone wrote:


……….This is damn awesome.
If you guys recognize this movie, I will be impressed.
@Muffins below.
Congradulations. I though that most people didn’t know about this movie. Probably because I asked my friends (who know about almost everything, mind you) and they haven’t even heard of it.

Fifth element.

Mar 24, 2012 at 11:23AM EDT
Quote

Derpy, right off the bat, and Fluttershy is a tree! Also, the mule from Applebuck Season made a return, and used the same “none taken” line as well.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 01:04PM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 01:01PM EDT
Quote

Dat seizure inducing picture.

As for those pony mask, I guess the animals are wearing them in order to help Fluttershy get over her stage fright.

Mar 24, 2012 at 01:18PM EDT
Quote

@Pyro: Chris Tucker was the most annoying sidekick to Bruce Willis ever. There’s this one scene where his screaming drowns out a fucking bomb explosion.


Dat Canon Fluttertree
Dat Mule return
Dat Rocky Training Montage
Dat Duke Nukem Pony

>mfw:

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 01:37PM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 01:36PM EDT
Quote

Sandstone wrote:


……….This is damn awesome.
If you guys recognize this movie, I will be impressed.
@Muffins below.
Congradulations. I though that most people didn’t know about this movie. Probably because I asked my friends (who know about almost everything, mind you) and they haven’t even heard of it.

I find your friends lack of 90’s movie knowledge disturbing
Don’t give them too much credit. If they don’t know about the Fifth Element, Im sure there are plenty movies that they never heard of.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 01:47PM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 01:47PM EDT
Quote


YEAH

Also flutterbeard

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 01:59PM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 01:57PM EDT
Quote

That’s what I was thinking, dac. I’ve seen the movie at least three times on cable. If they’re still in their teens (no offense to teens,) then they probably don’t much about many things. Time correlates with experience and knowledge.

Also, I don’t get this Fluttershy is a tree is now canon stuff. She said herself that she’d like to be a tree. We just took it to another level in art.

Mar 24, 2012 at 01:59PM EDT

I did not do the water hurricane thing because I had….uh….stuff to do….yeah…stuff…
NOT WATCHING MY LITTLE HUMAN
NOPE!

BESIDES I WAS SICK WITH THE FLU!

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 02:31PM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 02:28PM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

I did not do the water hurricane thing because I had….uh….stuff to do….yeah…stuff…
NOT WATCHING MY LITTLE HUMAN
NOPE!

BESIDES I WAS SICK WITH THE FLU!


I highly doubt you were sick

Mar 24, 2012 at 02:39PM EDT
Quote

Yes, they are teens. But the thing is, I can ask them about almost anything and they’ll have an answer for it. But that movie seemed to escape them for some reason. It’s especialy weird that they can answer almost everything about Bruce Willis’ movies, yet still not know about that one. They must have skipped that one.



New reaction face.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 02:43PM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 02:42PM EDT
Quote

Can one of you Professional Bronies send me a link to the new episode when it comes out, or if it is out. Cause I’m seeing content from it but I don’t know about any of the news. so yeah.
If someone can link me that would be great or just tell me when it’s out.
.
By content I mean like
This gif

.
And this

.
Okay

Mar 24, 2012 at 03:09PM EDT

Sandstone wrote:

Yes, they are teens. But the thing is, I can ask them about almost anything and they’ll have an answer for it. But that movie seemed to escape them for some reason. It’s especialy weird that they can answer almost everything about Bruce Willis’ movies, yet still not know about that one. They must have skipped that one.



New reaction face.

they may seem smart. Teens are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago every teen knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, every teen knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans didn’t know about the Fifth Element. Imagine what you’ll know tomorrow.
Haha, you think your friends are cinephiles. They got nothing on me.
Thats MIB by the way( with a couple changes)

Mar 24, 2012 at 03:09PM EDT
Quote

@Slendy

“NO! DON’T LAUGH AT ME! STAY OUTTA MAH SHED! STAY OUTTA MY SHEEEED!!!!!!!”

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 03:22PM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 03:21PM EDT
Quote

Hay guise. It’s saturday, and it’s once again time for a new FiM – Touhou crossover. This time it’s Rarity as Tenshi Hinanawi. Argh, because of that sword, there’s way too much blank space though.



And then there’s this. I dunno why I wrote KnowYourMeme.com instead of just KnowYourMeme on that thing.

It’s my first (and probably last) interview of sorts. I hope I didn’t sound like a total idiot with it.

@Slendy’s Eye .gif

Now you cannot unsee it.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 03:29PM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 03:26PM EDT
Quote

Wow, that episode was kinda sad. Poor fluttershy.
Also looks like some pony was trying to overcompensate for his small wings…

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 03:42PM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 03:33PM EDT
Quote

Sandstone wrote:


……….This is damn awesome.
If you guys recognize this movie, I will be impressed.
@Muffins below.
Congradulations. I though that most people didn’t know about this movie. Probably because I asked my friends (who know about almost everything, mind you) and they haven’t even heard of it.

Heh… multi-pass.


Something I wanted to ask, since if anyone would know, it would be you guys. Has it yet been discovered for sure who voiced Iron Will, for certain instead of just rumors?

Mar 24, 2012 at 03:36PM EDT
Quote

Oh my god
I had never seen Angel being nice to Fluttershy before…

Mar 24, 2012 at 04:58PM EDT
Quote

Ok, even though I lost the live airing of the episode (fucking Daylight Saving Time, how do you work?) I still managed to watch the episode right after it. So here are my thought on it:

First, I know that we still got 2 episode ahead plus the season finale, but if there’s been a best episode in S2 so far, it definatelly is “Hurricane Fluttershy”. Not only for the, as usual, great backstory elements of the episode, like Derpy appearing everywhere, that Roids pony and (the best of all) Fluttertree being canon, but specially the character development Flutters was put through.

When we first heard of her bad social experience at Flying Camp waaay back in “The Cutie Mark Chronicles”, we had no idea how traumatic the experience had been for her, and for how long she would carry that wound (as we all had pressumed her Panic Attacks were only consequence of her shy personallity).

But what I really appreciated in this episode was how I could, more than just support her, identify myself with her situation. Fear of being humiliated in public is not something easy to deal with (I can tell by experience), and the way she managed to overcome it very much how I tried (and still do sometimes) was something that really touched me.

And, of course, when she was cheered by everyone in the end couldn’t have filled me with more joy.

Mar 24, 2012 at 05:27PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

This is now my new favorite gif animation.

I can’t stop looking at it without thinking “PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW!”


@Twins

Well this could just be me, but Luna Eclipsed also seemed to be pretty influential. It’s what made me a Brony and for others that seems to be true as well.

But remember that approach is everything, the episode you choose is only a small part of the equation. Please, please don’t come off sounding like a Jehovah’s Witness preaching ponies instead of gospel, be very careful with that.

Remember that there are some people who already know about MLP but honestly want nothing to do with it. So you have to make sure you don’t step on anyone’s toes.

Advertise MLP for what it is: just something fun, not a commitment or a label.

Also Randomman has a point that womanly charms are the most potent and effective mind control devices, however using them would be an extreme measure.


@/mlp/’s sports team

I read those names and just thought “Oh 4chan…”

ohyou.jpg


@Chatrooms

I read Riyku’s post about having a forgotten Windows Live account lying around…and that’s when I realized that I do too.

I’ve had a Windows Live account sitting unused for years apparently. So I guess I can use MSN after all

….ugh…

Yeah, I’m not going to be a Jehovah’s Witness. I hate both people who say “OMG PONIEZ ARE TEH BEST THING EVAR HOW DO YOU NOT LIEK DEM?” and “FFFFFFFFUUUUUUU PONIES WHAT ARE YOU GAY?” It someone doesn’t want to watch, fine. But I know a bunch of people who are aware of the popularity of MLP on the internet, and I want to get to them first before the haters do.

I’ve heard Dragonshy come up more than a few times. I didn’t particularly love the episode, but it was pretty cute, and I can see how it could work.

Wish me luck. And even if they don’t become bronies, I hope that they’ll keep an open-mind to them and like ponies without being one of us.


Didn’t watch new episode yet, but Angel isn’t being a bitch anymore? I guess Iron Will did teach something to Fluttershy then.

Wonder why I waste my time posting instead of actually watching the episodes.


I have got to watch the Royal Wedding thing on the Hub the day it comes out. I’ll break into someone’s house if I must! All these spoilers have convinced me that it’s not just a ploy to sell more toys.

Mar 24, 2012 at 05:34PM EDT
Quote

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Yeah, I’m not going to be a Jehovah’s Witness. I hate both people who say “OMG PONIEZ ARE TEH BEST THING EVAR HOW DO YOU NOT LIEK DEM?” and “FFFFFFFFUUUUUUU PONIES WHAT ARE YOU GAY?” It someone doesn’t want to watch, fine. But I know a bunch of people who are aware of the popularity of MLP on the internet, and I want to get to them first before the haters do.

I’ve heard Dragonshy come up more than a few times. I didn’t particularly love the episode, but it was pretty cute, and I can see how it could work.

Wish me luck. And even if they don’t become bronies, I hope that they’ll keep an open-mind to them and like ponies without being one of us.


Didn’t watch new episode yet, but Angel isn’t being a bitch anymore? I guess Iron Will did teach something to Fluttershy then.

Wonder why I waste my time posting instead of actually watching the episodes.


I have got to watch the Royal Wedding thing on the Hub the day it comes out. I’ll break into someone’s house if I must! All these spoilers have convinced me that it’s not just a ploy to sell more toys.

My thought on the wedding is that its a chance for Studio B to deal with love and show that true love doesn’t depend on class, looks or nobility. If two ponies enjoy each others’ presence and never want to be apart, then that is all that is needed.

I also predict that the ending will cause an infinitesimal spike in diabeetus cases.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 06:04PM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 06:02PM EDT
Quote

I couldn’t watch the episode live because I was doing community service (because I’m a good person, and it’s required for my American Heritage class) and I had to wait a few hours for the 1080p version, but this episode probably made it on my top 5. In other words: I f***ing loved it.

Obviously the fluttertree and Derpy everywhere thing was great, but I’m glad Fluttershy got some development. I am even more glad, however, that RD’s good traits had a chance to get shown more.

Also, the animation is still getting better. Take, for example, where Fluttershy is flying out of the tree and the light moves across her face.


@Chat thing

The moment I saw “windows live” I thought “no f***ing way”.


@Finale

I’m actually very excited for it. What I have to say about it has been said by others, so I’m not going to bother.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 06:05PM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 06:03PM EDT
Quote

@Dr. Gregory
Yeah, this episode was by far the most touching one for me. I can really relate to those panic attacks( though mine because of hypodermic needles or wasps). The feeling when you lock up because of intense fear, and the hysterical crying. It’s pretty horrible, and incredibly embarrassing.

Mar 24, 2012 at 06:08PM EDT
Quote

Hey, we’re going to go play TF2 for a couple hours or so. When we come back Algie or I will set up a SynchTube, so be ready. Or something.

Mar 24, 2012 at 06:26PM EDT
Quote

THIS PONY.

THIS PONY IS BEST PONY.

IT’S LIKE THEY MADE HIM FOR ME.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 06:29PM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 06:26PM EDT

null wrote:

THIS PONY.

THIS PONY IS BEST PONY.

IT’S LIKE THEY MADE HIM FOR ME.

Damnit Luna, use birth control. First blueblood, then Candance, and now him!

Mar 24, 2012 at 06:29PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

Damnit Luna, use birth control. First blueblood, then Candance, and now him!


You’re treading into very, VERY dangerous waters, Dac………

Mar 24, 2012 at 06:43PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

Hey, we’re going to go play TF2 for a couple hours or so. When we come back Algie or I will set up a SynchTube, so be ready. Or something.

Why don’t i get invited to TF2 anymore?
I only played with you guy’s like
3 or 4 time’s
I’m always loged on

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 06:55PM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 06:51PM EDT
Quote

Still Erin wrote:

YAY! Let’s all discuss Luna’s sex life.

You may think you’re being clever by posting that.

You’re actually being downright disgusting.

And before you say it, because I just know you’re going to, yes, I am mad. People tend to get mad at beloved characters engaging in pedophilia.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 07:07PM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 07:02PM EDT
Quote

Still Erin wrote:

YAY! Let’s all discuss Luna’s sex life.

>Not safe for Woona
>Woona = Luna
>Image is about Luna


@Fridge

Learn to take a joke.

He tagged it, so it’s legal.


@Muumi

Nice interview. Although I did wish they asked some different questions. “Who would you follow, Celestia of Luna?” I know it’s MLP related, but that question just made no sense to me. I’d love to see more variety in interviews. The favorite main and favorite background could probably be combined in 1 question, leaving room for another. The inspiration questions were great, they should’ve build more on that.

Oh and as I helped you in choosing the characters, I can’t help but ask who’s getting the next crossover.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 07:13PM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 07:02PM EDT
Quote

This is where the magic happens. Specifically the upper floors.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 07:10PM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 07:05PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!