Forums / Discussion / General

232,886 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9926 posts from 193 users

Derpy, right off the bat, and Fluttershy is a tree! Also, the mule from Applebuck Season made a return, and used the same "none taken" line as well.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 01:04PM EDT

@Pyro: Chris Tucker was the most annoying sidekick to Bruce Willis ever. There's this one scene where his screaming drowns out a fucking bomb explosion.

Dat Canon Fluttertree
Dat Mule return
Dat Rocky Training Montage
Dat Duke Nukem Pony

>mfw:

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 01:37PM EDT

Sunhammer wrote:

……….This is damn awesome.
If you guys recognize this movie, I will be impressed.
@Muffins below.
Congradulations. I though that most people didn't know about this movie. Probably because I asked my friends (who know about almost everything, mind you) and they haven't even heard of it.

I find your friends lack of 90's movie knowledge disturbing
Don't give them too much credit. If they don't know about the Fifth Element, Im sure there are plenty movies that they never heard of.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 01:47PM EDT

That's what I was thinking, dac. I've seen the movie at least three times on cable. If they're still in their teens (no offense to teens,) then they probably don't much about many things. Time correlates with experience and knowledge.

Also, I don't get this Fluttershy is a tree is now canon stuff. She said herself that she'd like to be a tree. We just took it to another level in art.

I did not do the water hurricane thing because I had….uh….stuff to do….yeah…stuff…
NOT WATCHING MY LITTLE HUMAN
NOPE!

BESIDES I WAS SICK WITH THE FLU!

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 02:31PM EDT

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

I did not do the water hurricane thing because I had….uh….stuff to do….yeah…stuff…
NOT WATCHING MY LITTLE HUMAN
NOPE!

BESIDES I WAS SICK WITH THE FLU!

I highly doubt you were sick

Yes, they are teens. But the thing is, I can ask them about almost anything and they'll have an answer for it. But that movie seemed to escape them for some reason. It's especialy weird that they can answer almost everything about Bruce Willis' movies, yet still not know about that one. They must have skipped that one.

New reaction face.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 02:43PM EDT

Can one of you Professional Bronies send me a link to the new episode when it comes out, or if it is out. Cause I'm seeing content from it but I don't know about any of the news. so yeah.
If someone can link me that would be great or just tell me when it's out.
By content I mean like
This gif

And this

Okay

Sunhammer wrote:

Yes, they are teens. But the thing is, I can ask them about almost anything and they'll have an answer for it. But that movie seemed to escape them for some reason. It's especialy weird that they can answer almost everything about Bruce Willis' movies, yet still not know about that one. They must have skipped that one.

New reaction face.

they may seem smart. Teens are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago every teen knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, every teen knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans didn't know about the Fifth Element. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.
Haha, you think your friends are cinephiles. They got nothing on me.
Thats MIB by the way( with a couple changes)

Hay guise. It's saturday, and it's once again time for a new FiM – Touhou crossover. This time it's Rarity as Tenshi Hinanawi. Argh, because of that sword, there's way too much blank space though.

And then there's this. I dunno why I wrote KnowYourMeme.com instead of just KnowYourMeme on that thing.

It's my first (and probably last) interview of sorts. I hope I didn't sound like a total idiot with it.

@Slendy's Eye .gif

Now you cannot unsee it.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 03:29PM EDT

Wow, that episode was kinda sad. Poor fluttershy.
Also looks like some pony was trying to overcompensate for his small wings…

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 03:42PM EDT

Sunhammer wrote:

……….This is damn awesome.
If you guys recognize this movie, I will be impressed.
@Muffins below.
Congradulations. I though that most people didn't know about this movie. Probably because I asked my friends (who know about almost everything, mind you) and they haven't even heard of it.

Heh… multi-pass.

Something I wanted to ask, since if anyone would know, it would be you guys. Has it yet been discovered for sure who voiced Iron Will, for certain instead of just rumors?

Ok, even though I lost the live airing of the episode (fucking Daylight Saving Time, how do you work?) I still managed to watch the episode right after it. So here are my thought on it:

First, I know that we still got 2 episode ahead plus the season finale, but if there's been a best episode in S2 so far, it definatelly is "Hurricane Fluttershy". Not only for the, as usual, great backstory elements of the episode, like Derpy appearing everywhere, that Roids pony and (the best of all) Fluttertree being canon, but specially the character development Flutters was put through.

When we first heard of her bad social experience at Flying Camp waaay back in "The Cutie Mark Chronicles", we had no idea how traumatic the experience had been for her, and for how long she would carry that wound (as we all had pressumed her Panic Attacks were only consequence of her shy personallity).

But what I really appreciated in this episode was how I could, more than just support her, identify myself with her situation. Fear of being humiliated in public is not something easy to deal with (I can tell by experience), and the way she managed to overcome it very much how I tried (and still do sometimes) was something that really touched me.

And, of course, when she was cheered by everyone in the end couldn't have filled me with more joy.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

This is now my new favorite gif animation.

I can't stop looking at it without thinking "PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW!"

@Twins

Well this could just be me, but Luna Eclipsed also seemed to be pretty influential. It's what made me a Brony and for others that seems to be true as well.

But remember that approach is everything, the episode you choose is only a small part of the equation. Please, please don't come off sounding like a Jehovah's Witness preaching ponies instead of gospel, be very careful with that.

Remember that there are some people who already know about MLP but honestly want nothing to do with it. So you have to make sure you don't step on anyone's toes.

Advertise MLP for what it is: just something fun, not a commitment or a label.

Also Randomman has a point that womanly charms are the most potent and effective mind control devices, however using them would be an extreme measure.

@/mlp/'s sports team

I read those names and just thought "Oh 4chan…"

ohyou.jpg

@Chatrooms

I read Riyku's post about having a forgotten Windows Live account lying around…and that's when I realized that I do too.

I've had a Windows Live account sitting unused for years apparently. So I guess I can use MSN after all

….ugh…

Yeah, I'm not going to be a Jehovah's Witness. I hate both people who say "OMG PONIEZ ARE TEH BEST THING EVAR HOW DO YOU NOT LIEK DEM?" and "FFFFFFFFUUUUUUU PONIES WHAT ARE YOU GAY?" It someone doesn't want to watch, fine. But I know a bunch of people who are aware of the popularity of MLP on the internet, and I want to get to them first before the haters do.

I've heard Dragonshy come up more than a few times. I didn't particularly love the episode, but it was pretty cute, and I can see how it could work.

Wish me luck. And even if they don't become bronies, I hope that they'll keep an open-mind to them and like ponies without being one of us.

Didn't watch new episode yet, but Angel isn't being a bitch anymore? I guess Iron Will did teach something to Fluttershy then.

Wonder why I waste my time posting instead of actually watching the episodes.

I have got to watch the Royal Wedding thing on the Hub the day it comes out. I'll break into someone's house if I must! All these spoilers have convinced me that it's not just a ploy to sell more toys.

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Yeah, I'm not going to be a Jehovah's Witness. I hate both people who say "OMG PONIEZ ARE TEH BEST THING EVAR HOW DO YOU NOT LIEK DEM?" and "FFFFFFFFUUUUUUU PONIES WHAT ARE YOU GAY?" It someone doesn't want to watch, fine. But I know a bunch of people who are aware of the popularity of MLP on the internet, and I want to get to them first before the haters do.

I've heard Dragonshy come up more than a few times. I didn't particularly love the episode, but it was pretty cute, and I can see how it could work.

Wish me luck. And even if they don't become bronies, I hope that they'll keep an open-mind to them and like ponies without being one of us.

Didn't watch new episode yet, but Angel isn't being a bitch anymore? I guess Iron Will did teach something to Fluttershy then.

Wonder why I waste my time posting instead of actually watching the episodes.

I have got to watch the Royal Wedding thing on the Hub the day it comes out. I'll break into someone's house if I must! All these spoilers have convinced me that it's not just a ploy to sell more toys.

My thought on the wedding is that its a chance for Studio B to deal with love and show that true love doesn't depend on class, looks or nobility. If two ponies enjoy each others' presence and never want to be apart, then that is all that is needed.

I also predict that the ending will cause an infinitesimal spike in diabeetus cases.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 06:04PM EDT

I couldn't watch the episode live because I was doing community service (because I'm a good person, and it's required for my American Heritage class) and I had to wait a few hours for the 1080p version, but this episode probably made it on my top 5. In other words: I f***ing loved it.

Obviously the fluttertree and Derpy everywhere thing was great, but I'm glad Fluttershy got some development. I am even more glad, however, that RD's good traits had a chance to get shown more.

Also, the animation is still getting better. Take, for example, where Fluttershy is flying out of the tree and the light moves across her face.

@Chat thing

The moment I saw "windows live" I thought "no f***ing way".

@Finale

I'm actually very excited for it. What I have to say about it has been said by others, so I'm not going to bother.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 06:05PM EDT

@Dr. Gregory
Yeah, this episode was by far the most touching one for me. I can really relate to those panic attacks( though mine because of hypodermic needles or wasps). The feeling when you lock up because of intense fear, and the hysterical crying. It's pretty horrible, and incredibly embarrassing.

Hey, we're going to go play TF2 for a couple hours or so. When we come back Algie or I will set up a SynchTube, so be ready. Or something.

Cite wrote:

Hey, we're going to go play TF2 for a couple hours or so. When we come back Algie or I will set up a SynchTube, so be ready. Or something.

Why don't i get invited to TF2 anymore?
I only played with you guy's like
3 or 4 time's
I'm always loged on

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 06:55PM EDT

Erin ◕ω◕ wrote:

YAY! Let's all discuss Luna's sex life.

You may think you're being clever by posting that.

You're actually being downright disgusting.

And before you say it, because I just know you're going to, yes, I am mad. People tend to get mad at beloved characters engaging in pedophilia.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 07:07PM EDT

Erin ◕ω◕ wrote:

YAY! Let's all discuss Luna's sex life.

>Not safe for Woona
>Woona = Luna
>Image is about Luna

@Fridge

Learn to take a joke.

He tagged it, so it's legal.

@Muumi

Nice interview. Although I did wish they asked some different questions. "Who would you follow, Celestia of Luna?" I know it's MLP related, but that question just made no sense to me. I'd love to see more variety in interviews. The favorite main and favorite background could probably be combined in 1 question, leaving room for another. The inspiration questions were great, they should've build more on that.

Oh and as I helped you in choosing the characters, I can't help but ask who's getting the next crossover.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 07:13PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

>Not safe for Woona
>Woona = Luna
>Image is about Luna

@Fridge

Learn to take a joke.

He tagged it, so it's legal.

@Muumi

Nice interview. Although I did wish they asked some different questions. "Who would you follow, Celestia of Luna?" I know it's MLP related, but that question just made no sense to me. I'd love to see more variety in interviews. The favorite main and favorite background could probably be combined in 1 question, leaving room for another. The inspiration questions were great, they should've build more on that.

Oh and as I helped you in choosing the characters, I can't help but ask who's getting the next crossover.

Hey, I'm not saying it's illegal. I'm saying it's nasty, and he's obviously just trying to get krama by making a crass joke.

FUCK THAT SHIT, CUZ I GOT A GET.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 07:10PM EDT

opspe wrote:

This is where the magic happens. Specifically the upper floors.

Damn. I am extremly jelly that you live so close. That actualy looks like a normal building from the outside. You'd never be able to tell that neon-colored ponies are being animated there.

@what Connor has started
I'm thinking it was sarcasm, really. The pic of Woona running away indicates that he wants to get as far away from this topic as possible. Then again, it might just be him acting like a 15 year old again.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 07:25PM EDT

What bronies would you beat the shit out of if you met in real life?
Me, I would really want to kick Megasweets Loli drawing ass if he is a guy( no one knows what he/she is. But I would tell him I like everything else he draws before ), and just all the bronies who make everyone look bad.
Also, I'm pretty sure it would be pretty easy to take those weird ass pedophile bronies, you know they got the physique of a 12 year old girl or a walrus( sans the incredible amount of muscle).
I know we are supposed to love and tolerate, but some people need a good beating.
Who's with me!

Beat All the Loli loving bronies!

The new episode was good fun. Probably my third favorite episode behind Winter Wrap Up and Return Of Harmony (If Return of Harmony counts as a single episode, that is).

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 08:36PM EDT

Internet meme wrote:

Can we go back to discussing Lunas sex life.
I missed that.

lol wut you guys weren't really discussing that were OH LORD -

Heh. Oh pony general, you so crazy. Anyways, I thought the new episode was cool too but I don't have much to say about it other than DIABETES.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 09:31PM EDT

@Pyro

FIFTH ELEMENT! I watched that movie like a dozen times.

@Riyku

Thanks for the episode link, the one posted on the MLP comment section had terrible sound quality. I had to skim most of it

So much Derpy in this episode! I didn't realize how often she appeared by rushing through it.

Also is Fluttershy still the "Yellow one" now? Plenty of development going on here.

@Twins

Good luck, if you make any new Bronies you should direct them here so we can get to know 'em

@Mr.J

I bet those costumes were expensive to make. What parade were they for? Also I saw the reaction that got over in the MLP comment section. Congratulations on being anointed a troll by Muumi, haha.

Also Twilight Sparkle is behind Rarity, where's my bonus points?

@Dac

I would beat the shit out of the people who do nothing in the fandom but whine, pure and simple.

@IamSlow

We weren't really discussing that, Connor just brought it up on the last page for trolling purposes. I don't think anyone seriously wants to talk about it.

Mind you, we've had crazy conversations like that in the past

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 09:36PM EDT

@BSOD
When you said Connor brought up the topic of Luna's sex life, I was kinda happy knowing that I didn't start on of those discussions for once. Then I remembered that I mentioned she should use birth control which is what started the topic.

I'm the monster…

Dac wrote:

@BSOD
When you said Connor brought up the topic of Luna's sex life, I was kinda happy knowing that I didn't start on of those discussions for once. Then I remembered that I mentioned she should use birth control which is what started the topic.

I'm the monster…

Alright, here's what happened:

Connor linked a nasty pic of Luna…..engaging in certain activities with Pip. Yeah, Pip. This pic happened to rustle my jimmies enough to warrant a response from me. Then, RM chimed in, saying it was just a joke and I should take it easy. I was going to refute my position, but decided to strikethrough that little blurb after learning I had gotten a page GET.

Anyway, this whole topic has become much too silly.

Get on with the pony.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 09:45PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

You may think you're being clever by posting that.

You're actually being downright disgusting.

And before you say it, because I just know you're going to, yes, I am mad. People tend to get mad at beloved characters engaging in pedophilia.

Do you remember what I used to post on a regular basis?
Thread 1 page 69.
Thread 2 page 34.
Thread 2 page 69.
Thread 3 page 34.
Thread 3 page 69. (I miss the links on this page so.)
Thread 4 page 34.
Thread 4 page 69.
Now be thankful I outgrew most of my newfaggotry…

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!