Forums / Discussion / General

170,978 total conversations in 5,487 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users

Teh Brawler wrote:

That’s just because you’re special, and get inside information before anyone else.

For Example:
[You must be CitationNeeded to see this content within the post]


As for the whole “Screwball/Cadence” thing, we in the TV Tropes business call that Wild Mass Guessing, not speculation.

Ah, yes, quite, just like the one time I [You must be Teh Brawler to see this content within the post]

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:09PM EDT
Quote

[You must be a Know Your Meme® moderator to see this post.]

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:13PM EDT
Quote

Teh Brawler wrote:

That’s just because you’re special, and get inside information before anyone else.

For Example:
[You must be CitationNeeded to see this content within the post]


As for the whole “Screwball/Cadence” thing, we in the TV Tropes business call that Wild Mass Guessing, not speculation.

So, does this mean anyone with a Pony avatar is certifiably insane? Because we have a few members here who would fit the bill. coughDrpepperfancough

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:15PM EDT
Quote

Ugh.
Remind me to never go through the image section again.
The stuff there is a good way to remove what little faith I have in this fandom as a whole.

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:25PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

Ugh.
Remind me to never go through the image section again.
The stuff there is a good way to remove what little faith I have in this fandom as a whole.

Well, how do you feel about this one?

Yes, it’s a Husk.

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:35PM EDT
Quote

@Fridge Logic
It’s moreso the… ahem, comments on some pictures than the actual pictures themselves.
God, I miss being ignorant about the stuff that goes on in this fandom.

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:39PM EDT
Quote

Fridge wrote:

Well, how do you feel about this one?

Yes, it’s a Husk.

Cybernetic integration.

I shall call him Paco.

Last edited Mar 25, 2012 at 01:09PM EDT
Mar 25, 2012 at 01:07PM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

Cybernetic integration.

I shall call him Paco.

>Rhymes with Taco.

Mar 25, 2012 at 01:15PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

Ugh.
Remind me to never go through the image section again.
The stuff there is a good way to remove what little faith I have in this fandom as a whole.

Honestly, I lost my faith in the fandom not because of the R34, but because of the amount of whining and the sense of entitlement amongst the hardcore bronies. Also, those cosplay costumes make me facepalm.

Mar 25, 2012 at 01:34PM EDT
Quote

WOOHOO I MET ANOTHER BRONY. This makes me moderately happy.

Mar 25, 2012 at 02:11PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Honestly, I lost my faith in the fandom not because of the R34, but because of the amount of whining and the sense of entitlement amongst the hardcore bronies. Also, those cosplay costumes make me facepalm.

Well, it was a combination of the Rule 34 and that.
Frankly, I don’t see a lot of entitlement in this fandom, to be honest. Don’t you remember the (surprisingly pleasant) reaction to canon Luna?

Mar 25, 2012 at 02:31PM EDT
Quote

Interesting thing I found out yesterday from my communications major brother:

In Japan, the reason why such series as Super Sentai and Kamen Rider are so great, isn’t because Japan is just better, its because the TV industry over there makes those shows for kids and their parents (ie takes them seriously). As a result, the industry puts more money and effort into the show’s visual, acting and writing.

How does this relate to MLP?

Both MLP and Kamen Rider are derided in the West for being childish, even though the shows have serious writing and are enjoyed by adults.

This of course begs this question from me:

Why is it, that in the West, such things as cartoons or tokukatsus are labeled as childish even though they are thoroughly enjoyed by adults and in other cultures or time periods, they are seen as things everyone can enjoy?

Mar 25, 2012 at 03:37PM EDT
Quote

Because the West still has an immature mindset and can’t get away from the thought that things should be liked only by a certain age group. America for you.

Mar 25, 2012 at 03:42PM EDT
Quote

badsitrep wrote:

Interesting thing I found out yesterday from my communications major brother:

In Japan, the reason why such series as Super Sentai and Kamen Rider are so great, isn’t because Japan is just better, its because the TV industry over there makes those shows for kids and their parents (ie takes them seriously). As a result, the industry puts more money and effort into the show’s visual, acting and writing.

How does this relate to MLP?

Both MLP and Kamen Rider are derided in the West for being childish, even though the shows have serious writing and are enjoyed by adults.

This of course begs this question from me:

Why is it, that in the West, such things as cartoons or tokukatsus are labeled as childish even though they are thoroughly enjoyed by adults and in other cultures or time periods, they are seen as things everyone can enjoy?

TV Tropes defines this as the Animation Age Ghetto. Basically, back in the olden days (like, the 60s), animation was sub par to live action TV, and the shows were made for children because of quality issues (which kids would hardly notice) and rarely showed on primetime television. Ever since, animated shows have often been considered “for kids”, although quality is, for the most part, hardly an issue now. This is primarily a problem in the west, not so much other areas of the world. As Walt Disney put it:

“You’re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway.”
Words for animators to live by.

Last edited Mar 25, 2012 at 03:50PM EDT
Mar 25, 2012 at 03:47PM EDT
Quote

Hey bro’s what’s your opinion about /mlp/?

although i find it a good place to find pics and stuff i find the general userbase… bad… really bad…

unlike all the other bronies i know. they are rude, intolorant, and always bitter.
there is no love & tolorance there, anyone who likes/disliks X is a faggot, people try to spread R34 even though it’s a SFW board. and they hate ponychan to death.

what are your opinions?

Mar 25, 2012 at 04:03PM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew wrote:

Hey bro’s what’s your opinion about /mlp/?

although i find it a good place to find pics and stuff i find the general userbase… bad… really bad…

unlike all the other bronies i know. they are rude, intolorant, and always bitter.
there is no love & tolorance there, anyone who likes/disliks X is a faggot, people try to spread R34 even though it’s a SFW board. and they hate ponychan to death.

what are your opinions?




Mar 25, 2012 at 04:08PM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew wrote:

Hey bro’s what’s your opinion about /mlp/?

although i find it a good place to find pics and stuff i find the general userbase… bad… really bad…

unlike all the other bronies i know. they are rude, intolorant, and always bitter.
there is no love & tolorance there, anyone who likes/disliks X is a faggot, people try to spread R34 even though it’s a SFW board. and they hate ponychan to death.

what are your opinions?

They are not true bronies in essence and should not be even given such a title, if they act in such a way.

Mar 25, 2012 at 04:09PM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew wrote:

Hey bro’s what’s your opinion about /mlp/?

although i find it a good place to find pics and stuff i find the general userbase… bad… really bad…

unlike all the other bronies i know. they are rude, intolorant, and always bitter.
there is no love & tolorance there, anyone who likes/disliks X is a faggot, people try to spread R34 even though it’s a SFW board. and they hate ponychan to death.

what are your opinions?

>/mlp/

Mar 25, 2012 at 04:10PM EDT
Quote

@Mr. J
I recognize that art style…….
That artist works with anthro usualy:

But his humans are nicely done as well.

Mar 25, 2012 at 04:24PM EDT
Quote

Eris the Pone wrote:

>anthro

>2012
>scared of anthro

Mar 25, 2012 at 04:33PM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew wrote:

Hey bro’s what’s your opinion about /mlp/?

although i find it a good place to find pics and stuff i find the general userbase… bad… really bad…

unlike all the other bronies i know. they are rude, intolorant, and always bitter.
there is no love & tolorance there, anyone who likes/disliks X is a faggot, people try to spread R34 even though it’s a SFW board. and they hate ponychan to death.

what are your opinions?

4Chan is blocked in my school. So is 9gag. I should probably be thankful for that.

Last edited Mar 25, 2012 at 04:38PM EDT
Mar 25, 2012 at 04:38PM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew wrote:

Hey bro’s what’s your opinion about /mlp/?

although i find it a good place to find pics and stuff i find the general userbase… bad… really bad…

unlike all the other bronies i know. they are rude, intolorant, and always bitter.
there is no love & tolorance there, anyone who likes/disliks X is a faggot, people try to spread R34 even though it’s a SFW board. and they hate ponychan to death.

what are your opinions?

I think /mlp/ is hilarious.

Click for bigger image If you can’t read it

Mar 25, 2012 at 04:41PM EDT
Quote

>2012
>Taking anything on 4chan remotely serious

That’s like… that’s like… being offended by South Park.

I mean, I know these videos are totally messed up, but they’re funny as shit, and I could understand people finding them funny.

Oh yeah, they might be a LIIIIIITTLE bit explicit.

Mar 25, 2012 at 04:55PM EDT
Quote

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

>2012
>Taking anything on 4chan remotely serious

That’s like… that’s like… being offended by South Park.

I mean, I know these videos are totally messed up, but they’re funny as shit, and I could understand people finding them funny.

Oh yeah, they might be a LIIIIIITTLE bit explicit.

Mar 25, 2012 at 05:05PM EDT
Quote

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

>2012
>Taking anything on 4chan remotely serious

That’s like… that’s like… being offended by South Park.

I mean, I know these videos are totally messed up, but they’re funny as shit, and I could understand people finding them funny.

Oh yeah, they might be a LIIIIIITTLE bit explicit.


This is what happens when you mix 4chan with ponies.
(I want a gif of the guy punching his computer screen)

Last edited Mar 25, 2012 at 05:18PM EDT
Mar 25, 2012 at 05:17PM EDT
Quote

404 user not found wrote:


This is what happens when you mix 4chan with ponies.
(I want a gif of the guy punching his computer screen)

I know, it’s the best.

Still, those videos make me laugh my ass off, despite being so… wrong….

Mar 25, 2012 at 05:21PM EDT
Quote

Why does everything here have to turn into butthurt.

Shitty Comments -> Fandom is retarded
/mlp/ -> Fandom is retarded
Flamewar -> Fandom is retarded
Anthro -> Fandom is retarded
Porn -> Fandom is retarded

The list never ends.

I would be suprised if this fandom had even 1 normal member, or any fandom in general.
Don’t go judge others, I’m sure you have your negative factors as well.

Last edited Mar 25, 2012 at 06:06PM EDT
Mar 25, 2012 at 05:58PM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew wrote:

Hey bro’s what’s your opinion about /mlp/?

although i find it a good place to find pics and stuff i find the general userbase… bad… really bad…

unlike all the other bronies i know. they are rude, intolorant, and always bitter.
there is no love & tolorance there, anyone who likes/disliks X is a faggot, people try to spread R34 even though it’s a SFW board. and they hate ponychan to death.

what are your opinions?

/mlp/ is one of the most hilarious places I’ve ever been to.

It’s 4chan though, you have to be of a certain (trollish) mindset to enjoy it.

Mar 25, 2012 at 06:20PM EDT
Quote

burning_phoneix wrote:

/mlp/ is one of the most hilarious places I’ve ever been to.

It’s 4chan though, you have to be of a certain (trollish) mindset to enjoy it.

Yeah, /mlp/ is enjoyable.

If you visit /mlp/ with the expectation of finding serious discussion. I’m sorry to say this, but…

You won’t find it.

It’s where all the random stuff comes together. If you can’t take a joke, don’t visit it.

Last edited Mar 25, 2012 at 06:29PM EDT
Mar 25, 2012 at 06:28PM EDT
Quote

Mister J wrote:

[You must be a Know Your Meme® moderator to see this post.]

That was a good one, Mister J.

Mar 25, 2012 at 06:43PM EDT
Quote

Sandstone wrote:

Because the West still has an immature mindset and can’t get away from the thought that things should be liked only by a certain age group. America for you.

Thats hardly reserved for the USA. It has very little to do with the country and has more to do with the people watching the shows. For example, say you are walking down the street and see this guy:
( I have that shirt myself)
And then this guy:

I can guarantee you the no one will say shit about the first guy, most likely they will praise his likes(batman) and comment on how good he looks.
The second guy will most likely get told that he needs to grow up and stop reading comics or some shit. Jerks just like to give people a hard time and just know how to pick their targets.
Almost everybody in America loves disney and all those kids movies. Pixar movies are always considered masterpieces( except for cars). I know lots of people who watch adventure time. The only thing I can say that most people don’t like( myself included) is anime.
Also, remember that everything you know about other countries comes from the internet and your interactions with people on the internet. So you don’t actually know how people in other countries would react to you liking “childish” shows.
Not to sound like captain America, but don’t automatically start bashing America for everything. Remember that grass always seems greener on the other side, but its most likely just more of the same.
PS: If you think Americas mindset is so immature compared to Japan, let me just say that tokyo has a subway line just for girls because they would get groped to much on the unisex trains. also hentai.

Last edited Mar 25, 2012 at 06:51PM EDT
Mar 25, 2012 at 06:50PM EDT
Quote

First picture is broken Dac.

Also, Japan has a thriving tentacle porn industry. Animation Age Ghetto is a preferred Ghetto :(

Mar 25, 2012 at 07:08PM EDT
Quote

You guys remember my post yesterday about the guy who did my avatar, and his tumblr? With the porn?
Today, he made a follow up journal post on deviantART.





Original post
Seriously, what the fuck.
Someone hold me I’m frightened.

Mar 25, 2012 at 07:22PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

You guys remember my post yesterday about the guy who did my avatar, and his tumblr? With the porn?
Today, he made a follow up journal post on deviantART.





Original post
Seriously, what the fuck.
Someone hold me I’m frightened.

Haha, oh wow. That’s awesome.

Mar 25, 2012 at 07:27PM EDT
Quote

burning_phoneix wrote:

First picture is broken Dac.

Also, Japan has a thriving tentacle porn industry. Animation Age Ghetto is a preferred Ghetto :(


This was the Pic. Is this one broken?

I was just saying that most of the time, people don’t give a shit about the show that other people are watching. They just make fun of people because they perceive them as easy targets.

Mar 25, 2012 at 07:27PM EDT
Quote

Citation Wrote:

Seriously, what the fuck.
Someone hold me I’m frightened.

Yes, let me hold you.

The Internet is a scary place Citation, he could have simply google searched your name and know half your history on KYM. I know it’s scary but we have each other…
.
.
.
.
.
.

EDIT: Pic is borken Dac.

Last edited Mar 25, 2012 at 07:30PM EDT
Mar 25, 2012 at 07:29PM EDT
Quote

burning_phoneix wrote:

Citation Wrote:

Seriously, what the fuck.
Someone hold me I’m frightened.

Yes, let me hold you.

The Internet is a scary place Citation, he could have simply google searched your name and know half your history on KYM. I know it’s scary but we have each other…
.
.
.
.
.
.

EDIT: Pic is borken Dac.

These are the Google responses for my name.
I’m not on these, at least in the first few pages.

Mar 25, 2012 at 07:30PM EDT
Quote

@Cite

You may need Pyro’s help with this.

I would think that he is a lurker or member here.
Or perhaps he just saw something you posted about KYM if you have.

Is quite lulzy.

Mar 25, 2012 at 07:32PM EDT
Quote

Pyro and I could help you out there.
Convinced Rarity and Applejack to help, so your in good hands.
Unless he knows because he’s right behind you right now…

Mar 25, 2012 at 07:42PM EDT
Quote

@pheonix
Fuck… Forget it. It was just a attractive young male model in a batman shirt

Mar 25, 2012 at 07:58PM EDT
Quote

Can you say………SPY CHECK!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Easiest Spy check ever. He even has “Spy” in his name.

Last edited Mar 25, 2012 at 08:06PM EDT
Mar 25, 2012 at 08:05PM EDT
Quote

Thinks your Verbose, but the name. It’s like right their.
Wut ?

Mar 25, 2012 at 08:06PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

That guy responded to me.
He thinks I’m Verbose.

Last edited Mar 25, 2012 at 08:10PM EDT
Mar 25, 2012 at 08:08PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!