Forums / Discussion / General

171,307 total conversations in 5,615 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users

@Epicus
I guess I would go to Equestria, but there would have to be alcohol, sex, and drugs. Ok, maybe not drugs, but definitely the other two. Really, I would want Equestria to be just like here in most respects. I don’t want to live in a world that is too squeaky clean and lovey dove. I want it pretty much how It is in most fanfics.

Mar 29, 2012 at 03:00AM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

You guys should look at this comic it is freaking amazing!
It’s long as hell and well drawn comic and I am hoping at the bottom of y heart that in the after life that this can happy to me too….I do like how heaven looks but…ponies are more fun.

Oh man, that hit me right here.

@Epicus
I’l stay assuming I remain a human. I don’t think I can adjust to the whole walking on 4 legs,nude, tail, mane,etc.

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 03:22AM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 03:15AM EDT

Iamslow wrote:

Not only is suicide selfish and idiotic, it is a also a permanent and awful way to get out of problems that could only be temporary. Things can get better as they say – however – I don’t believe it’s stressed enough that a little effort on your part is required. I used to be very depressed. I even used to have those kinds of thoughts myself and things didn’t start getting better for me until I adopted a more positive attitude – for real, it helps more than it seems like it would.

@Phoenix

I love me some tanks, I may check that game out sometime.

You can summarize suicide in one phrase:

“Suicide-a permanent solution to a temporary problem.”


@epicus
I probably used up my TL;DR capacity for the week, so I’ll make this short (by my standards).
First of all, the bus driver can go to hell. Seriously, watch where you’re driving?

Second, I wouldn’t go to Equestria, when you have a choice between it and any of your wildest and imaginative fantasies. Or at least, Equestria would only be part of my random mish mash of a heaven. Equestria is a great and happy place and all, but where’s the excitement? It seems just too simplified for my tastes. And don’t get me wrong, I love the simplicity (yet simultaneously complexity) of the show, but it seems just so, so boring. Why would I choose to forever remain a pony when my fantasy could be the ability to hop between alternate universes (including Equestria) at will?

I believe your question is much too vague broad in scope to accurate elicit the answers you are anticipating. Perhaps you should rephrase it, to create more interesting discussion.

Also, if you think Equestria is the most perfectly wonderful heaven you can think of, you seriously need to do some other stuff besides ponies all the time. Not bashing anyone, but think about it. Why live in Equestria forever when you can live in some sort of massive crossover world with ponies, pokemon, giant robot overlords, and anything you could imagine. Maybe it’s just me, but I seriously doubt someone would choose Equestria as their perfect paradise.

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 04:16AM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 03:56AM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

@Epicus
I guess I would go to Equestria, but there would have to be alcohol, sex, and drugs. Ok, maybe not drugs, but definitely the other two. Really, I would want Equestria to be just like here in most respects. I don’t want to live in a world that is too squeaky clean and lovey dove. I want it pretty much how It is in most fanfics.

Well personally, If I’ll have the choice to go to Equestria.I’ll sign up right now. But, the only condition required will be to have the internet and some drink (specifically beer). Sex can wait for now.It is not so much important for me. However, I will go without my actual family (I like my family but, I’m just too different from them and sometime, I don’t alway get along pretty well. I have my idea of how I perceive my own reality. They think I’m wrong most of the time).

Anyway,
For the world too be to squeaky clean, I’ll just include what you said.But, I would like to see a mix between the Canon (actual show) with some element of the fandom (except those gore fic I read long time ago that I didn’t liked).

In conclusion
I will certainly go to Equestria. Life where I am kinda suck, It’s a lost corner of the world. Nothing interesting usually happen.


-

@Ace Trainer♀ Twins
I don’t necessary think that Equestria is the most perfect place ever. The topic is just a suggestion of how thing will be if there were like that. But, I never said crossover heaven wasn’t permitted. So you can decide on which universe you’ll be able to live (or visit). But for me, Equestria seem to be the best choice according to what I like. I’m someone who love action but sometime, I need to chill out and relax.

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 04:17AM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 03:57AM EDT

Epicus The Warrior wrote:

I just finished reading.the story.

Kinda sad but well written.
I used to hate reading but,I think i’m gonna change my mind on this subject.Inb4 I’m becoming an egghead


(just kidding).

Let start a topic (debate) :

You woke up a morning late for school (or work).You’re trying to catch the bus when suddenly, you get hit by a car.You are now dead.You’re floating in a tunnel of light.Thou art now standing next to a familiar stranger.It appear to be the judge of all the living creature.Since you were a nice guy all your live & a die hard brony, he decided to grant you the honor to spend the eternity to Equestria with all the other ponies.Would you say yes ? or would you choose to go somewhere else ?

I’d want to go to normal boring human heaven :/

Mar 29, 2012 at 04:07AM EDT
Quote

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

When I first saw that comic, I actually cried…

From both eyes.

The only other things that made me do that (as far as art, literature, etc. goes) were My Little Dashie and Ol’ Yeller.

Deep down, I hope we get to choose our afterlife…

Thinking about it, though, Equestria MIGHT actually be Heaven. I mean, next to no crime, no war, no political turmoil, etc.

And, considering how there’s a majority of women, which could come about from the things men tend to do more often than women. *cough*violenceandcrime*cough*

I doubt that Equestria is the ;icture perfect society as it is depicted in the show. Rather, it has all been covered up by Hasbro to keep the show family-friendly. Think about it, why are there no male ponies in Equestria? Undoubtedly there has been some sort of deadly conflict that resulted with the deaths of most stallions.

I point you to my conspiracy theory post which took me about an hour to write but only got 1 karma and garnered no discussion at all QQ.

Mar 29, 2012 at 04:19AM EDT
Quote

badsitrep wrote:

Inside jokes. This site has ’em.

Ex:

Randomman is a rabbit
DPF is Vriska
Ric….we won’t talk about Ric
HoH threads
Suiseiseki= Desu Spam
BNM hatred
This cheeto
The internet can now find stars
Thomas Nair is a bundle of twigs
African Wild Mangos
amandab loves cats
Kalmo hates Fry

You better not say anything about me.

Mar 29, 2012 at 06:44AM EDT
Quote

I might take the Equestrian Heaven.
If I’m human then okay, if I turn into a little pony then okay.
So it should be pretty nice.

Mar 29, 2012 at 08:52AM EDT
Quote

Go to Equestria?
……………..
Yes.
Yes I would.
I don’t care if it’s not the perfect society like the show. Nothing is perfect.


I don’t care if I’m a pony or a human. Either way will be fun for me.

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 09:00AM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 08:58AM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

You guys should look at this comic it is freaking amazing!
It’s long as hell and well drawn comic and I am hoping at the bottom of y heart that in the after life that this can happy to me too….I do like how heaven looks but…ponies are more fun.

Was listening to this while reading this comic…

This comic had literally make me shed a true sentimental tear and I have got to say this to everyone in this thread that you all are the best people I have ever asked for in making this small community the most worthwhile places I have ever set my foot in.

I… I… It just that I… I bloody love you guys!!

I want a hug… :’)

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 09:44AM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 09:42AM EDT
Quote

We’ve been giving out lots of hugs in this thread lately. You can just feel the love in the air right now.

Oh well, what’s one more? Here you go Bruelock

Anyway, I think it’s time I pitched into Epics debate question:

Would I choose Equestria for an afterlife or “somewhere else”? Because Epicus didn’t define “somewhere else” it could be 2 things:

1. A wildcard
2. Anything I choose.

I’ll address both


If the other choice was a wildcard

Basically, then it would be a gamble that says: “You can go with this gauruntee or enter the chance to get something better or worse”

In that case I would pick Equestria, whether or not I had to be Human or Pony or if I could bring anything with me. Why? Because I know what I am getting myself into…relatively speaking.

I think I can cope in a world like Equestria based on previous discussion. We’ve already had plenty of discussions about what you would do if you were actually in it, so I’ll just point to those if anyone can bother to read the older threads.

There are certainly more tasteful realms one can go to, but I don’t want to risk ending up in an eternity that will leave me regretting my choice.

Besides, I hate gambling.


If the other choice was something of my choosing

In this instance, then I would most certainly say no to Equestria and go with my own choice. That way I can go towards an afterlife that offers no drawback whatsoever. It can be a perfect heaven with everything I love, that includes Ponies anyway. Why wouldn’t you pick such an option really?

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 10:47AM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 10:33AM EDT
Quote

@Discussion:

I would definitely go into Equestria, as long as my mom and my brother come with me. If I had no memory of my life as a human, and I was just a normal pony, I’d be perfectly happy.

I can’t imagine bearing the thought of my death for all time, and knowing I’m some place I don’t belong.

As for Equestria not being exciting… Have you ever fought a hydra/manticore/dragon/griffon/Ursa Major? I thought not. Get yourself a pony-sword (probably be more like a jousting lance) and kill yourself some beasties.

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:46AM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

^This is why I don’t go online anymore. Too many spoilers.

Nah, just kidding :P Heck, I always watch the little “preview” videos for new episodes…

As for the current discussion, would I go to Equestria? I probably would, whether I remained human or not. There is a fair amount of diversity in Ponyville (ponies, cows, minotaurs), so I don’t think it would be too weird to have a human around as well. If I were a pony, that would be cool too. Either way, it seems like a nice place.

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:52AM EDT
Quote

Addendum to my previous post:

I missed the part where Epicus said this:


…you can decide on which universe you’ll be able to live (or visit)…

So yea, if I can choose anything I wan’t. My final answer would be no, I won’t be going to Equestria.

Instead I’ll be going to Cyberpunk Steampunk Space Equestria where Ponies fly huge spaceships between planets and do battle with giant zombie cyborg Veliciraptors and everyone has a pet Gorilla that does the cleaning for you


I also forgot to comment on the comic that Ric posted

Wow….just wow…

That’s all I can say on it.

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:16AM EDT
Quote

So… Many… Delays…
Still better than being in school.

Here, have poni.

See all you guys later!

Mar 29, 2012 at 12:44PM EDT
Quote

If I may throw my two cents into this “choose your heaven” debate…

In many ways I would prefer not to have a heaven that I controlled, or even got to choose, myself, because then things would be too easy, and it would get boring. Where’s the adventure? Where’s the mystery?

Equestria would certainly be an interesting place to end up though. There’s enough there to keep me entertained.

Mar 29, 2012 at 03:29PM EDT
Quote

Bruelock wrote:

Was listening to this while reading this comic…

This comic had literally make me shed a true sentimental tear and I have got to say this to everyone in this thread that you all are the best people I have ever asked for in making this small community the most worthwhile places I have ever set my foot in.

I… I… It just that I… I bloody love you guys!!

I want a hug… :’)

why not have cookies with your hugs?
.

Mar 29, 2012 at 03:45PM EDT
Quote

Am I the only one that didn’t cry when I read that comic? It just reminded me of the movie Joe Black because he got hit by two cars simultaneously just like in the movie. It didn’t move me at all to be honest.

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 04:41PM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 04:40PM EDT
Quote

IvanP91c wrote:

Alternative link:
Tara Strong’s image or whatever
--
My reaction:

Mine:

@Dac-attack!!!
I did not either, but I felt sad and depressed though, but then I felt happy because the man will no longer be facing the B.S. humans do in a everyday life. Yes ponies may not have as much entertainment and technology. But I will be more at peace with my inner self.

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 04:46PM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 04:44PM EDT
Quote

Bruelock wrote:

Was listening to this while reading this comic…

This comic had literally make me shed a true sentimental tear and I have got to say this to everyone in this thread that you all are the best people I have ever asked for in making this small community the most worthwhile places I have ever set my foot in.

I… I… It just that I… I bloody love you guys!!

I want a hug… :’)

Here Brue, try this song.


This comic is nice. Okay, I’m not much a fan of this kind of melodramatic development with happy-dream ending, yet it is a little moving to me due to the fact that I really dislike the way people suffer from society’s eveyday responsabilities and lonliess. I usually watch ponies when I feel bored of reality. It’s nice to sometimes dream about a world where everything makes sense and ends well.


About the Twilight Sparkle sexy-silly picture, I’ve checked the source. Oh gosh, this drawer seems to really like ponies: link
Now I know where theses ponies with underwears come from.

Mar 29, 2012 at 04:50PM EDT
Quote

On the topic of Equestria as an afterlife:

As far as afterlives go, that sounds like one of the better ones. (Controversy incoming) I’ve never understood the appeal of the afterlives in Abrahamic religions, where everything is perfect and there’s never any strife. It’s the hardships in life that make it interesting. I like peaceful and relaxing days, but only because it’s a break from work. If I go without work for too long, I just get restless. An eternity without work would be agonisingly boring. To me, Equestria would be close to a perfect paradise, as it looks like a very relaxing place, but there’s always something to do. It’s a society where everyone has a role to play, and everyone’s appreciated for what they do. There’s also the occasional disaster to keep you on your toes. It would suck pretty hard to be an Earth pony, but I’d love to fly around freely as a pegasus or say “fuck you” to the laws of physics as a unicorn.

However, it does have a lot of downsides. I’d miss technology a lot. Magic is a great alternative, but not all ponies can use it effectively, and it doesn’t let you laugh at cat videos on YouTube. Equestria also doesn’t seem to progress like Earth does. Science and technology are continually advancing here on Earth, and it seems to me like we’re slowly forging our way towards our own paradise on Earth (though I doubt any of us will see it in our lifetimes). Equestria on the other hand doesn’t seem to have progressed much since the middle ages (though they do have hydroelectric power for some reason), and that makes it seem pretty boring. Imagine looking back to the past after a long life, and realising that thinks were pretty much exactly the same back when you were a kid. That’s gotta suck.

(Moar controversy incoming) There’s also the issue that I don’t really like the idea of afterlives in general. I don’t believe in the human soul, so I can’t imagine a way for our consciousness and memories to somehow transfer themselves to a new entity in a different realm. As far as I’m concerned, once those neurones stop firing in my brain, I’m gone. Also, would we be doomed to die again in Equestria? If so, do we then progress to the next afterlife, and the one after that? After a few thousand iterations of this, any successive paradise would seem more and more like a personal hell. It would be even worse if I couldn’t die in Equestria, since then I’d be trapped in that one world for all eternity. That might be fine for the first billion years or so, but eternity is a pretty freakin’ long time.

Mar 29, 2012 at 05:24PM EDT
Quote

I may be atheist, but if there was an afterlife in which I could exist in Equestria, I would do my best to get there. Personally, I think if a human were to go to Equestria in an afterlife, they would need their minds almost wiped clean. That way, memories of the (awful) past as a human would not prevent one from maximizing happiness. Having no memory of the things one had while living (technology, Internet, as Algernon has stated) would also be beneficial for maximizing happiness; you cannot miss what you do no remember.

Mar 29, 2012 at 05:33PM EDT
Quote

Afterlife?
Live is hard enough. Just enjoy the peace of the grave.

Mar 29, 2012 at 05:34PM EDT

Ric Tesla wrote:

You guys should look at this comic it is freaking amazing!
It’s long as hell and well drawn comic and I am hoping at the bottom of y heart that in the after life that this can happy to me too….I do like how heaven looks but…ponies are more fun.

That was extremely well drawn. Especially the shading. I’m no art expert, but I’d say the artist behind that comic definitely took the time to develop his/her own unique art style and studied art theory (is that the right phrase?). However, it didn’t elicit as much of an emotional response from me compared to page 54 for some reason.

Maybe it’s the fact that it’s translated. When you translate something from one language to another, you’ll never get the exact nuances and intricacies of the original language across. Maybe it’s because although the ending was great, the beginning and middle seemed like your standard “guy gets hit by a car and dies” plot. You could replace them to have nothing to do with ponies at all and it would still make sense (until the last few panels).

If I sound critical, it’s because I’m critiquing it. That was definitely a well thought-out and written comic, beautiful enough to bring a tear to even the most ardent of pony haters. It started slow, but slowly reveals itself to be much more than that.


Come on, am i think only one who wants to live in a crossover heaven? Although Ivan’s idea is very attractive-eternal peace, at the price of really, nothing much.

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 05:59PM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 05:59PM EDT
Quote

@Algernon

I asked my mother about that since I subscribe to Christianity. The idea of praising God eternally outside of my own living honestly doesn’t excite me, and living in complete and total peace without new events occurring and changes going on in the world to consider and not constantly meeting new people would simply be boring.

According to the Bible, bodies (and potentially minds) would change so that the heaven where you’d actually be praising God for all eternity would be what you wanted. (In less nice terms, you’d be brainwashed to enjoy your eternity. All of the aspects of personality would be removed, so you wouldn’t be bored.)
 
That could bring up the topic of predestination, and heaven not being an initiative to follow Christianity even beyond that of simply not believing in a higher being, a higher being as portrayed by Abrahamic faiths, or something of an afterlife at all. I don’t follow Christianity in order to get to heaven though. I believe, when practiced with love and with the teachings of Christ in mind, that it is a way to love that isn’t always dictated by what the best outcome is or what the most logical approach is.

I generally choose to believe there is an afterlife, if only because I’d hate to believe that upon death, all of my memories will die along with my brain. It makes anything I currently do or feel mean little, because anyone else who still lives that has met you or has been exposed to what you’ve left for the world will die and forget as well. There is no point. That doesn’t mean there is, in fact, a point to life besides what you make of it and there very well may not be any afterlife. But if I chose my own life and meaning given the finite nature of my life and my consciousness of meaning, then I wouldn’t choose it at all, and would consider everything ultimately meaningless.

I think that since we have consciousness of any sort either means 1) it’s an unfortunate side-effect of being, and we all have to come to grips with experiencing it and then losing it forever to never get it again, or 2) consciousness continues, even without any memory.


Now, pony-related afterlife: I wouldn’t mind. I tend to think that consciousness continues after death, but I have no idea what it is. It could be an infinite number of reincarnations or an eventual end point of continued consciousness (I tend to lean towards the latter, because I believe we’ll run out of vessels for consciousness at some point.)

So if life in Equestria is one of those points, then I think it would simply be a simple life. Since I don’t think I’d remember living as a human, I wouldn’t have to adjust to being a pony or living without many of the technologies and forms of entertainment. As long as I can meet cool ponies with cool personalities, then I’ll be just fine playing sports and learning about ponies and life.

Also, needs more color:

I didn’t mean to post here, but I check in very often, and I haven’t been able to give much thought to my own belief of afterlife since my junior year where I was very depressed. (Yes, the loss of one created the other. Sue me, I’m “weak.”)

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 06:05PM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 06:02PM EDT

zlark241 wrote:

Here Brue, try this song.


This comic is nice. Okay, I’m not much a fan of this kind of melodramatic development with happy-dream ending, yet it is a little moving to me due to the fact that I really dislike the way people suffer from society’s eveyday responsabilities and lonliess. I usually watch ponies when I feel bored of reality. It’s nice to sometimes dream about a world where everything makes sense and ends well.


About the Twilight Sparkle sexy-silly picture, I’ve checked the source. Oh gosh, this drawer seems to really like ponies: link
Now I know where theses ponies with underwears come from.

mfw someone besides me posts Radiohead.

Now have some LoTR ponies.

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 06:09PM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 06:05PM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

@Algernon

I asked my mother about that since I subscribe to Christianity. The idea of praising God eternally outside of my own living honestly doesn’t excite me, and living in complete and total peace without new events occurring and changes going on in the world to consider and not constantly meeting new people would simply be boring.

According to the Bible, bodies (and potentially minds) would change so that the heaven where you’d actually be praising God for all eternity would be what you wanted. (In less nice terms, you’d be brainwashed to enjoy your eternity. All of the aspects of personality would be removed, so you wouldn’t be bored.)
 
That could bring up the topic of predestination, and heaven not being an initiative to follow Christianity even beyond that of simply not believing in a higher being, a higher being as portrayed by Abrahamic faiths, or something of an afterlife at all. I don’t follow Christianity in order to get to heaven though. I believe, when practiced with love and with the teachings of Christ in mind, that it is a way to love that isn’t always dictated by what the best outcome is or what the most logical approach is.

I generally choose to believe there is an afterlife, if only because I’d hate to believe that upon death, all of my memories will die along with my brain. It makes anything I currently do or feel mean little, because anyone else who still lives that has met you or has been exposed to what you’ve left for the world will die and forget as well. There is no point. That doesn’t mean there is, in fact, a point to life besides what you make of it and there very well may not be any afterlife. But if I chose my own life and meaning given the finite nature of my life and my consciousness of meaning, then I wouldn’t choose it at all, and would consider everything ultimately meaningless.

I think that since we have consciousness of any sort either means 1) it’s an unfortunate side-effect of being, and we all have to come to grips with experiencing it and then losing it forever to never get it again, or 2) consciousness continues, even without any memory.


Now, pony-related afterlife: I wouldn’t mind. I tend to think that consciousness continues after death, but I have no idea what it is. It could be an infinite number of reincarnations or an eventual end point of continued consciousness (I tend to lean towards the latter, because I believe we’ll run out of vessels for consciousness at some point.)

So if life in Equestria is one of those points, then I think it would simply be a simple life. Since I don’t think I’d remember living as a human, I wouldn’t have to adjust to being a pony or living without many of the technologies and forms of entertainment. As long as I can meet cool ponies with cool personalities, then I’ll be just fine playing sports and learning about ponies and life.

Also, needs more color:

I didn’t mean to post here, but I check in very often, and I haven’t been able to give much thought to my own belief of afterlife since my junior year where I was very depressed. (Yes, the loss of one created the other. Sue me, I’m “weak.”)

You have to be careful in quoting or citing the Bible. It is written in a manner such that you can pull out passages out of it without any context, and almost completely use that to support whatever your intended meaning is. That’s how extremist Christian groups justify their actions. They pull out about a snippet of a sentence saying God did so and so, and so their protesting of same sex marriage/beating their children/picketing soldier’s funerals/everyone is going to hell except us/trolling the crap out of everyone (lol Westboro Church) is perfectly legitimate in their eyes.

Understand the Bible for what it is: a great literary work. Even religion bashers can agree that the Bible has been one of, if not the most, greatest books in all of all time. Even if you don’t believe a word of what’s inside, you have to admire the overall messages of the Bible (which also can be interpreted in no less than 9000 ways), and the fact that the tales and morals contained in it have stood the test of time and continue to have a massive influence on human society almost 2000 years after its time of composition.

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 06:16PM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 06:15PM EDT
Quote

saw a school survey on what would increase school spirit

puts down “MOAR PONY

No regrets.

Mar 29, 2012 at 06:18PM EDT
Quote

Incoming Mass Effect ponies!

I’m Commander Shepard, and these are my favorite ponies on the Citadel.

Mar 29, 2012 at 06:29PM EDT
Quote

Unrestrained bliss at its finest:

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 06:54PM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 06:42PM EDT
Quote

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

@Fridge

Commander Apple?

Glad you like it, Broski.

Mar 29, 2012 at 07:17PM EDT
Quote

Fridge wrote:

Glad you like it, Broski.

If you scroll past that picture fast enough it kind of looks like a gif. I thought you would want to know that.

Mar 29, 2012 at 07:59PM EDT
Quote

First half of this post is completely off-topic, so I’ll apologise in advance for that.


Verbose wrote:

I generally choose to believe there is an afterlife, if only because I’d hate to believe that upon death, all of my memories will die along with my brain. It makes anything I currently do or feel mean little, because anyone else who still lives that has met you or has been exposed to what you’ve left for the world will die and forget as well. There is no point.

First off, thanks for the response! I love these sorts of discussions.

I take a different approach when it comes to beliefs. I honestly think the world would be a better place if there were a God looking over us, but as much as I try, I can’t convince myself that that’s the case. I try not to ‘choose’ beliefs, but instead I try to go with whatever explanation seems most logical to me. I don’t like to think of myself and my memories gradually fading away into obscurity, but I still believe that it’ll happen, as it seems to be the most logical outcome. The universe doesn’t care for human wishes, so reality may not reflect our own personal hopes and desires.

I also disagree with that last statement, that ‘there is no point’. As far as I’m concerned, there is no objective ‘point’ to anything, but we can still consider certain things to be important. My hope is that I can leave some legacy that improves the world. The world may not remember me for it, but I still want to help humanity in my own way. Eventually, everything will come to an end, and everything will amount to nothing, but we can still enjoy the ride while it lasts. I assign my own ‘point’ to my life, and it’s to do something useful and worthwhile that improves the world just a little, so that somebody else will live a slightly better life because of me. Seems like a pretty decent goal to me.


Sorry for the off-topic rambling, tiem for moar poni:

This comic strip really made me laugh for some reason.

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 08:20PM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 08:18PM EDT
Quote

Did you guys hear about this?

http://thedailywh.at/2012/03/28/nostalgia-overload-of-the-day-11/
“Cartoon Network is ripping a page from the Nickelodeon playbook and bringing back a bunch of old shows with a Friday night block of programming featuring such fan favorites as Johnny Bravo, Dexter’s Laboratory, Cow and Chicken, Powerpuff Girls, and others.”

To bad I live in Canada. I would love to see Johnny Bravo, Dexter’s Laboratory, and Powerpuff Girls again.

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 08:34PM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 08:32PM EDT
Quote

badsitrep wrote:


READ IT FAGGOTS.

Mar 29, 2012 at 08:49PM EDT

badsitrep wrote:


READ IT FAGGOTS.

Sorry to ruin your moment but…

And I don’t even have to see the pixels.


Also, about the comic I posted, it’s nice to know it finally sparkled (giggity) some discussion. Though I didn’t even cry or feel anything much, I too thought it was no more than epic.

And for this pony paradise or anything like on the afterlife, of course this idea is no more than interresting to be explored in something like a fanfiction (if there isn’t one about it already). But if there really is anything “beyond”, not sure if I can afirm or think of something about. For me what comes after death is the final frontier mankind will never be able to fully explore.

And of course, those who go there, are unlikely to return and tell “what comes after”.

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 09:12PM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 08:53PM EDT
Quote

i just extracted this from the awesome ask-thecrusaders clip (you need firefox or opera to display the animated png file (or a plugin with chrome) )

@derpy episode:
a few days too early ;)

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 08:58PM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 08:58PM EDT
Quote

badsitrep wrote:


READ IT FAGGOTS.

We’ve had stuff like this before. Remember the South Park thing?

Shit like this always seems to come out of My Little Brony. It’s a terrible site formed only to capitalize on this fandom and its lowest common denominator.

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 09:01PM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 08:58PM EDT
Quote

There is no way Hasbro is going to give Derpy her own episode. If (and thats a pretty big IF) she gets her own episode, she is not going to be Derpy in it. Eyes perfect, voice perfect, etc.

The huge shitstorm Hasbro went through with Derpy in ‘The Last Roundup’ was bad enough.
--
Hasbro already received a formal complaint re: Crackle

Im not kidding.
We all know theres going to be a huge shitstorm anyway, its just a matter of time. Im hoping to get rid of 27 shares of Hasbro Inc. before it happens.
edit: Hasbro (HAS) is at $37 per share.
Gonna sell this shit in the morning.

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 09:07PM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 08:58PM EDT

IvanP91c wrote:

There is no way Hasbro is going to give Derpy her own episode. If (and thats a pretty big IF) she gets her own episode, she is not going to be Derpy in it. Eyes perfect, voice perfect, etc.

The huge shitstorm Hasbro went through with Derpy in ‘The Last Roundup’ was bad enough.
--
Hasbro already received a formal complaint re: Crackle

Im not kidding.
We all know theres going to be a huge shitstorm anyway, its just a matter of time. Im hoping to get rid of 27 shares of Hasbro Inc. before it happens.
edit: Hasbro (HAS) is at $37 per share.
Gonna sell this shit in the morning.

Seriously? People complained about Krakl? She just looks funny and made one funny noise, it’s not like Hasbro were trying to make fun of people with disabilities. I can understand people getting upset over Derpy, since her name can be interpreted as an ableist slur, but this is really taking the piss. Anyways, who could be upset over something with this much swag?

I’m also pretty sure that the Derpy episode is a fake. There isn’t any information on specific season 3 episodes over at Wikipedia, so it’s probably shopped. I can also tell from some of the pixels.

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 09:08PM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 09:06PM EDT
Quote

IvanP91c wrote:

There is no way Hasbro is going to give Derpy her own episode. If (and thats a pretty big IF) she gets her own episode, she is not going to be Derpy in it. Eyes perfect, voice perfect, etc.

The huge shitstorm Hasbro went through with Derpy in ‘The Last Roundup’ was bad enough.
--
Hasbro already received a formal complaint re: Crackle

Im not kidding.
We all know theres going to be a huge shitstorm anyway, its just a matter of time. Im hoping to get rid of 27 shares of Hasbro Inc. before it happens.
edit: Hasbro (HAS) is at $37 per share.
Gonna sell this shit in the morning.

Well, now I feel dumb.

Mar 29, 2012 at 09:14PM EDT
Quote

@Afterlife discussion

Algernon Wrote:

I don’t like to think of myself and my memories gradually fading away into obscurity, but I still believe that it’ll happen, as it seems to be the most logical outcome.

Well, I wouldn’t be so sure. You know about near-death experiences, right? How patients that are completely unconscious are able to describe their surroundings accurately and in great detail and all that junk? That sort of implies that one’s consciousness is somewhat divorced from one’s physical being. I know, I know, most folks consider that kind of thing to be pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo. But if you ask me, there’s far too many cases with far too many consistencies for it all to be simply coincidence.

Of course, this sort of thing is impossible to definitively prove, but that’s more due to the lack of ability to accurately measure and observe it. In other terms, we know there’s something there, we just don’t know how to look.

It doesn’t end with a little out-of-body action, either. There’s cases in which children are able to recall things they shouldn’t. Details from a life that existed long before they did. Now, of course, we run into the same old lack of concrete proof yet again. But hey, a good scientist isn’t supposed to off-handedly dismiss this sort of thing, especially when what little concrete data exists implies possibly world-changing things.


Also:

THAT

is fuckin’ adorable.

Mar 29, 2012 at 09:18PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!