Forums / Discussion / General

172,690 total conversations in 5,666 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users

To all of you who said that this poster isn’t canon.

Talk about teasing.
PLEASE VINYL OPEN YOUR EYES! PLEASE!!!

Source.

What do you think Vinyl?

Thought so too….

Page Get (Notice the lack of edit), sooo….
DJ P0N-3 page?

X wrote:

To all of you who said that this poster isn’t canon.

Talk about teasing.
PLEASE VINYL OPEN YOUR EYES! PLEASE!!!

Source.

What do you think Vinyl?

Thought so too….

Page Get (Notice the lack of edit), sooo….
DJ P0N-3 page?

Inb4 Hasbro gets the eye color wrong and starts a major sh**storm.

@Another new forum discussion

The thread has been going at a pretty manageable pace recently. Still, there are some aspects of an individual forum that I prefer. For example, if I was to request sadfics here rather than make my own thread on the ponyhub, I might get 2 replies, but then nobody would ever post about it again unless the topic is raised again. On a forum, its always readily accessible, and it won’t be buried by other topics (for a while at least).

Except that since nobody uses the forums, there is essentially no difference between posting on here and on a new forum.

Here is some Vinyl:

Last edited Apr 09, 2012 at 05:11PM EDT

Dac wrote:

@twins
I worded it wrong, what I mean is that they can’t really go to deep into the complexities of friendship, forgiveness, betrayal, and all that good stuff. What kind of message would they be sending if pinkie didn’t forgive them, but instead held a grudge? I’m not saying that they can get away with anything and we just accept it because, hey, it’s just a kids show. But at the same time, we have to understand that when making a show for ages 4-12, you can’t really go too deep without confusing kids. Don’t get me wrong, I would like it to be a little longer a have more “adult” themes( e.g. Last airbender and hey Arnold), but again it’s My Little Pony.

Fair enough, fair enough. I think we can all agree that a few more minutes of runtime would give the writers ample time for writing a good ending, and more importantly, give us about 20% more ponies a week (no really that’s almost exactly 20%).

Stupid ads need to be offloaded onto whatever comes after MLP.

I just found the artist behind my new profile pic, WhiteDiamondsLtd. Dear Celestia, she’s amazing. Her lush colours, simple yet appealing backgrounds, intrinsic charm, and unique art style just makes me want to d’awww all over the place.

Last edited Apr 09, 2012 at 05:37PM EDT

That’s just damn awesome

@Connor
I’m lucky it’s not for another week. I’m not going to be around to see it this saturday, but now I can see it when it airs.

Last edited Apr 09, 2012 at 07:53PM EDT

Caramel wrote:

@Fridge
The next episodes (both parts of the wedding are playing together) aren’t for two weeks. No new episode this Saturday. :(

Season Finale… not next Saturday?

It’d be better for me the episode was next weekend. Not sure if I’ll be able to watch it on the 21st, and really really really don’t want to miss it for nothing in this world.

And about the thread quality, I think it is now, should I say, more equilibrated so to speak. First because we managed to put a break on that nonstop activity that the thread was formerly known, and also because the most active posters aren’t being that much active (for a few reasons Verbose has mentioned already).

Buy aside that, I too agree that I am accomodated here than anywhere else, so I don’t really see a point on separating things.

I just found the TVTropes page for Past Sins.

At least if Giga’s still here…

That site is something else. Is there a page for “nothing happens without a reason” or something to that affect?

I’m glad the thread is getting better. I wish it would be faster, no ten pages a day fast, but maybe a post every half hour or so… But that’s just me. I hope it will stay in a somewhat stable/happy state for awhile, it greatly affects my IRL mood.

How do you think the Summer Break will affect it? We’ll all have more time to be on, but there won’t be much new pony.

Concerning Vinyl’s eye colour:

That was taken from decompiling the flash animation with Scratch in it.
See the article on EqD here.

If the colour isn’t changed for the final release I’m gonna say that’s still awesome. At least they didn’t give her blue eyes or something completely different from the fanon.

Last edited Apr 09, 2012 at 09:03PM EDT

So Vinyl Scratch’s eyes are magenta then? That actually makes sense, considering you can’t see her eyes through her glasses. Magenta is a shade of red anyways, and I’ve always found piercing red eyes contradictory to her fandom depiction.

Also, eyelashes. Do female ponies naturally grow them, or are they merely accessories? Rarity doesn’t have them, and I don’t think that she would clip hers off for any reason. We could go with the standard cartoon “females have eyelashes, males don’t,” but could it perhaps be something greater in MLP? Part of a CONSPIRACY perhaps?

Last edited Apr 09, 2012 at 09:29PM EDT

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

So Vinyl Scratch’s eyes are magenta then? That actually makes sense, considering you can’t see her eyes through her glasses. Magenta is a shade of red anyways, and I’ve always found piercing red eyes contradictory to her fandom depiction.

Also, eyelashes. Do female ponies naturally grow them, or are they merely accessories? Rarity doesn’t have them, and I don’t think that she would clip hers off for any reason. We could go with the standard cartoon “females have eyelashes, males don’t,” but could it perhaps be something greater in MLP? Part of a CONSPIRACY perhaps?

Twins the Comatose Vegetable wrote:

The eyes being contradictory were kinda the point. They’re a piercing red, which is in stark contrast to the white and blue of her coat and mane.

On another note, judging by the lack of eyelashes in that picture, it seems likely that it’s simply a placeholder, and assuming Vinyl even appears in the episode (which seems likely), we won’t see her eyes.

Fridge wrote:

For those who don’t know, Calpain is a member here, and used to add a lot of images. He’s barely ever seen nowadays, for obvious reasons.

Oh gosh, I didn’t expect this to get here, but you guys are pretty good at combing the net for pony stuff! Yeah, I do admit I don’t stop in as often as I’d like to but I still think of all of you and the community here fondly.

@Random and Muumi
Good to hear from you guys again as well! Talk to me sometime on Steam, I’d be happy to chat for awhile. Same goes for any of you that would like to talk.

Keep being awesome, KYM pony folk!

About Scratch’s eye color-

Red just never looked right to me I guess?

And about Ivan deactivating – yet again – I guess I can’t say I’m surprised. It was cool of him to set up the pony hub for us and I thought the last version was pretty good, but I think people may have lost interest over the week that it was down for that big update that made it what it currently is and now that the thread’s back on the right track it may not see much use for awhile.

Last edited Apr 09, 2012 at 11:40PM EDT

Caramel wrote:

@MontyPython

I watched but didn’t see it. What was it?

Anyone who likes the Colbert Report should read this fic. It’s a gem.

It was in the intro just like last time. I cant remember what he said for the shout out. He then imitated riding a pony. And finished off by saying “I still dont know what it means”.

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

I think this invalids your argument

In case anyone wanted to see the newly made GIF for this image. It takes a while to load, but it’s totally worth it. The comments recommend you play Benny Hill’s Theme while you watch it.

Edit: Forgot the actual link for it… facepalm
OMG WTF IS THAT A TWI-TACO-CAR SHOOTING LASERS BEING DRIVEN BY DE- This user has died from awesomeness

Also, old shout out is old.

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 12:32AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I’m fine with Vinyl having magenta eyes. It still suits her.

Dude….that also means she has the same eye color as Rainbow Dash…

Like…hoooooooly shiiiit dude

That’s probably a pretty clear indicator that its not Vinyl’s canon eye color.

Either that or she stole Dash’s eyes.

Cupcakes-style.

Its the only logical explanation.

Cite wrote:

Twins the Comatose Vegetable wrote:

The eyes being contradictory were kinda the point. They’re a piercing red, which is in stark contrast to the white and blue of her coat and mane.

On another note, judging by the lack of eyelashes in that picture, it seems likely that it’s simply a placeholder, and assuming Vinyl even appears in the episode (which seems likely), we won’t see her eyes.

Didn’t Vinyl show up in one of the episode previews? I think she’s confirmed for the final season.

Also, Colbert can say that he doesn’t know what it means but imitating riding a pony and then saying a lot of “neices” (the common excuse for getting pony toys) will be excited kinda indicates that he does know something.

EDIT: Just saw something in a recent Mechwarrior Online Dev Blog. Paul Inouye, lead designer of MWO, is a known Pony Hater and while discussing paint schemes for mechs….

Note: Selecting bright pink as any colour level results in Paul’s weapon systems automatically locking on to your ‘Mech whether visible or not. Just a heads up.

Good thing I’m an Applejack fan! Sorry Dac. :/

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 02:58AM EDT

Well since today we were discussing Vinyl Scratch, I was going to get my first Pony Hub banner finished today which features Vinyl. Despite the possibility that there won’t be a Pony Hub I have decided to do it anyway. And besides, it’s Vinyl

But it turns out I am my own worst enemy. Thanks to my excessive compulsion to crash software, I lost the whole damn thing…that means I won’t be delivering today. The only thing I was able to recover was a partial vector outline so I need to go through the process again. I have enough trouble as it is finding time for that.

Good Job BSOD, you didn’t check to make sure the autosave was still enabled after a recent reinstall. “We don’t need a backup” you said, “We can finish it before anything will go wrong” you said…

Idiot.

Here’s something adorable to calm my nerves:

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 05:48AM EDT

Internet meme wrote:

Hey hey hey hey pony thread. I maded an image.

Unfortunately, I’m sure this is going to happen somewhere if Vinyl really gets Magenta eyes.

@Calpain

I’ll keep that in mind.

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 09:37AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Flute

Hey wait a second, I said that I wouldn’t mind in Vinyl had magenta eyes. Where’s my shitstorm!?

This forum owes me one shitstorm!

Don’t look at me, I’m only giving you what you asked for.

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 10:23AM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

I go onto all the pony sites ready for shitstorms and jimmy rustlings about Vinyl’s eyes with this attitude:

All I find is this:

WHERE’S MY SHITSTORMS GODDAMIT!

phoenix’s jimmy status:

[ ] unrustled
[X] rustled

@the welovefine link guy
may end up buying the Derpy polo they have.

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 12:52PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!