232,891 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9926 posts from 193 users

Erin ◕ω◕ wrote:

@MontyPython

I watched but didn't see it. What was it?

Anyone who likes the Colbert Report should read this fic. It's a gem.

It was in the intro just like last time. I cant remember what he said for the shout out. He then imitated riding a pony. And finished off by saying "I still dont know what it means".

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

I think this invalids your argument

In case anyone wanted to see the newly made GIF for this image. It takes a while to load, but it's totally worth it. The comments recommend you play Benny Hill's Theme while you watch it.

Edit: Forgot the actual link for it… facepalm
OMG WTF IS THAT A TWI-TACO-CAR SHOOTING LASERS BEING DRIVEN BY DE- This user has died from awesomeness

Also, old shout out is old.

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 12:32AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I'm fine with Vinyl having magenta eyes. It still suits her.

Dude….that also means she has the same eye color as Rainbow Dash…

Like…hoooooooly shiiiit dude

That's probably a pretty clear indicator that its not Vinyl's canon eye color.

Either that or she stole Dash's eyes.

Cupcakes-style.

Its the only logical explanation.

Cite wrote:

Twins the Comatose Vegetable wrote:

So Vinyl Scratch’s eyes are magenta then? That actually makes sense, considering you can’t see her eyes through her glasses. Magenta is a shade of red anyways, and I’ve always found piercing red eyes contradictory to her fandom depiction.

The eyes being contradictory were kinda the point. They're a piercing red, which is in stark contrast to the white and blue of her coat and mane.

On another note, judging by the lack of eyelashes in that picture, it seems likely that it's simply a placeholder, and assuming Vinyl even appears in the episode (which seems likely), we won't see her eyes.

Didn't Vinyl show up in one of the episode previews? I think she's confirmed for the final season.

Also, Colbert can say that he doesn't know what it means but imitating riding a pony and then saying a lot of "neices" (the common excuse for getting pony toys) will be excited kinda indicates that he does know something.

EDIT: Just saw something in a recent Mechwarrior Online Dev Blog. Paul Inouye, lead designer of MWO, is a known Pony Hater and while discussing paint schemes for mechs….

Note: Selecting bright pink as any colour level results in Paul’s weapon systems automatically locking on to your ‘Mech whether visible or not. Just a heads up.

Good thing I'm an Applejack fan! Sorry Dac. :/

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 02:58AM EDT

Well since today we were discussing Vinyl Scratch, I was going to get my first Pony Hub banner finished today which features Vinyl. Despite the possibility that there won't be a Pony Hub I have decided to do it anyway. And besides, it's Vinyl

But it turns out I am my own worst enemy. Thanks to my excessive compulsion to crash software, I lost the whole damn thing…that means I won't be delivering today. The only thing I was able to recover was a partial vector outline so I need to go through the process again. I have enough trouble as it is finding time for that.

Good Job BSOD, you didn't check to make sure the autosave was still enabled after a recent reinstall. "We don't need a backup" you said, "We can finish it before anything will go wrong" you said…

Idiot.

Here's something adorable to calm my nerves:

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 05:48AM EDT

Internet meme wrote:

Hey hey hey hey pony thread. I maded an image.

Unfortunately, I'm sure this is going to happen somewhere if Vinyl really gets Magenta eyes.

@Calpain

I'll keep that in mind.

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 09:37AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Flute

Hey wait a second, I said that I wouldn't mind in Vinyl had magenta eyes. Where's my shitstorm!?

This forum owes me one shitstorm!

Don't look at me, I'm only giving you what you asked for.

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 10:23AM EDT

I'm gonna buy a MLP t-shirt this week, but there are so many choices (Checking @ welovefine).

Someone link me some suggestions to shirts you think are imb4 awesome

I go onto all the pony sites ready for shitstorms and jimmy rustlings about Vinyl's eyes with this attitude:

All I find is this:

WHERE'S MY SHITSTORMS GODDAMIT!

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 12:20PM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

I go onto all the pony sites ready for shitstorms and jimmy rustlings about Vinyl's eyes with this attitude:

All I find is this:

WHERE'S MY SHITSTORMS GODDAMIT!

phoenix's jimmy status:

[ ] unrustled
[X] rustled

@the welovefine link guy
may end up buying the Derpy polo they have.

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 12:52PM EDT

badsitrep wrote:

phoenix's jimmy status:

[ ] unrustled
[X] rustled

@the welovefine link guy
may end up buying the Derpy polo they have.

@Jackal Lantern:

I saw that nearly a year ago on the /co/ Pony Generals before I joined KYM. I wouldn't be surprised if someone posted it in Pony General I or II.

Glad you posted it though, such a blast from the past that revelation was.

OmniXVII wrote:

I'm gonna buy a MLP t-shirt this week, but there are so many choices (Checking @ welovefine).

Someone link me some suggestions to shirts you think are imb4 awesome

If you like Daft Punk and Vinyl, I recommend this one.
And if you don't like Daft Punk and Vinyl, then you are wrong.

And to be honest, I never expected Vinyl's eyes to be red if she ever appeared in another episode. For some reason, it just didn't seem likely, even without the whole fanon thing.
It's not like this is gonna change anyone's art or fics or stuff anyways, so whatever.

So, have you guys ever wanted to look at the very best Ask Blogs, but wanted to find a more efficient way of finding them besides the hopeless clutter of Ponibooru, Tumblr's mlp tag, and other sites?

Well, your search is over! TV Tropes has compiled a full list of all the "Ask a Pony" blogs! Rejoice!

Damn, I'm losin' em! Play me off, Woona!

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 06:25PM EDT

Greninja wrote:

If you guys don't mind me asking.
What's the best and the saddest fanfic?
I wanna shed manly tears.

There's the really good one called Who Am I…? He's a really good author and he has a lot of other sad stories in the works.
Why are you all looking at me like that…?
Oh fine, that's just my fic.

The real best sadfic is one called Final Dreams of a Filly

You can just do a search of sadfics on FiMFiction or on Equestria Daily.

Best rated sadfics from FiMFic. (You can use the search tab to narrow your results.)

EqD also has a story archive here.

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 07:57PM EDT

Erin ◕ω◕ wrote:

There's the really good one called Who Am I…? He's a really good author and he has a lot of other sad stories in the works.
Why are you all looking at me like that…?
Oh fine, that's just my fic.

The real best sadfic is one called Final Dreams of a Filly

You can just do a search of sadfics on FiMFiction or on Equestria Daily.

Best rated sadfics from FiMFic. (You can use the search tab to narrow your results.)

EqD also has a story archive here.

That feel when some guy in the pony thread sneakily plugs his own damn fic.

Seriously, at least say "Who Am I" is yours.

I don't admittedly know much about teh popular fics, but I've heard My Little Dashie is guaranteed to make you crey everytiem.

Hey guys. It's been about what…….4-6 weeks? Sorry for not being here in a while. Busy with getting my internet to work. It's been on the fritz for a long time. Anyway, this was basically me while I was gone:

Warming up in the cold. Until the weather got weird and took a turn towards scorching. Dammit, moon weather. Make up your mind……
But anyway, glad to be back, although I don't know for how long.

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 08:12PM EDT

Greninja wrote:

If you guys don't mind me asking.
What's the best and the saddest fanfic?
I wanna shed manly tears.

My Little Dashie
Black & White
Dreaming with Ponies
Bubbles.doc
Immortal
The Last Crusade
Bittersweet
Simple Rarity
Our True Colors
Final Dream of a Filly
Blood, Sweat, and Tears
A Summer Twilight
Today, Tomorrow, and Forever
Somewhere Only We Know
Forever

Forever isn't really that sad, actually.

Those are all the sad-fics I have bookmarked. They're all short stories, except for Bittersweet and Final Dream of a Filly, and they only have a few chapters. All of these are very good, don't take too long to read, and if they didn't make me cry, they made me shed a single tear/tear up. Just getting me to tear up is a damned feat, so don't brush it off.

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Who's a silly pony?
You're a silly pony!
Who is?
You is!

Rarity?

Who draws these? There is a few in the Pony entry, and I really like them all. ;3 Does he/she have a Deviant art?

Joe Amethyst wrote:

Who draws these? There is a few in the Pony entry, and I really like them all. ;3 Does he/she have a Deviant art?

That's WhiteDiamondsLtd, you can thank Twins for figuring that out for us.

@Pan

We had an entire sadfic thread on the ponyhub. Too bad it's been taken down.

Some of the ones I recommended were:
A Rose Reverie – This one's pretty new, but I really liked it. It's a "Pinkie is insane story". I would recommend you play this at the chapter 6 mark.
The Promises We Keep – Contains light shipping, but its still pretty good (I'm not a fan of shipping). This was the first fic I read.
Eternal – Possibly the best fic ever in my opinion. It's more deep than sad, but it has its moments. Contains some shipping. Warning: It's pretty dang long. 160,000 words in fact. Read it if you have the time (I decided to marathon it, not a good idea).
Postal Blues and Grey Feathers – A Derpy and Dinky story. Moderately sad throughout, but the ending teared me up a good bit.
Transcendence – This is only a little sad. It's more of a "overcoming trials" story, but I'll leave it here anyways.
Yours Truly – Also contains a good bit of shipping, but its very bittersweet.

I'm pretty sure I had more, but I can't remember. If you want, I can PM you some more when I remember. I'm a pretty big sadfic person myself.

And playing this during any sad moment will make it 5x sadder.

Have fun!

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 09:06PM EDT

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

My Little Dashie
Black & White
Dreaming with Ponies
Bubbles.doc
Immortal
The Last Crusade
Bittersweet
Simple Rarity
Our True Colors
Final Dream of a Filly
Blood, Sweat, and Tears
A Summer Twilight
Today, Tomorrow, and Forever
Somewhere Only We Know
Forever

Forever isn't really that sad, actually.

Those are all the sad-fics I have bookmarked. They're all short stories, except for Bittersweet and Final Dream of a Filly, and they only have a few chapters. All of these are very good, don't take too long to read, and if they didn't make me cry, they made me shed a single tear/tear up. Just getting me to tear up is a damned feat, so don't brush it off.

You know ive been meaning to read my lilttle dashie because i need to shed manly tears as well, my brother colfront (he was on the forums a while ago but only for a short amount of time) Told me he read it one day when he was bored and by the end of it he shed manly tears, i haven't seen my brother cry in the past several years and by reading this story it just breaks him….Woah…Thank you Explosive….

GIANTDAD wrote:

You know ive been meaning to read my lilttle dashie because i need to shed manly tears as well, my brother colfront (he was on the forums a while ago but only for a short amount of time) Told me he read it one day when he was bored and by the end of it he shed manly tears, i haven't seen my brother cry in the past several years and by reading this story it just breaks him….Woah…Thank you Explosive….

There have only been three pieces of literature/art that have made me cry more than a single tear from both eyes due to sadness.

Ol' Yeller
My Little Dashie
This comic

Some movies and actual moments in life have made me do it, but those are the only times I've had tears of sadness come from both eyes.

My Little Dashie will rip your masculinity out through your chest and feed it to you.

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 09:31PM EDT

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

There have only been three pieces of literature/art that have made me cry more than a single tear from both eyes due to sadness.

Ol' Yeller
My Little Dashie
This comic

Some movies and actual moments in life have made me do it, but those are the only times I've had tears of sadness come from both eyes.

My Little Dashie will rip your masculinity out through your chest and feed it to you.

I just read the comic and….. i am trying so hard not to cry. I just realized i"m a huge cry baby…Woah….

Joe Amethyst wrote:

http://whitediamondsltd.deviantart.com/
Those uploads were all me :D.

Glad you like her work too. She's definitely my favourite pony artist, and there's just a certain quality to her shading and colour palette that makes her artwork so irresistible. Her constant Rarity and Applejack (in a friend shipping sort of way) stuff is really cute too, and of course, it helps that they just happen to be my favourite mane ponies.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!