Forums / General

195,529 total conversations in 5,381 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9,954 conversations with 194 participants

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I think we were just finishing Platus. Other people have been itching to get away from that topic already.

I was going to try and steer discussion towards banners but Fallout Equestria works better. That reminds me, I really need to get around to reading that at some point.

As for banners, I should be ready to hand in my work soon. As well as horizontal banner there is also a vertical one to be done as well which I made in the same style.

I’m leaning towards the flat text. It goes with Vinyl better. But I’m still unsure about the placement for Vinyl herself.

Definitely flat text.
I think the sidebar looks better zoomed in on Vinyl, whereas I like the header that’s zoomed out. Nice work, btw.

Apr 13, 2012 at 03:37PM EDT
Quote

Hello Again,
No, I am not going start another s***storm like last night about the Derpy controversy. (though still check the link if you’re interested)
Anyway, I actually came back to ask a question:
How many of you would like to see this:


See more on Know Your Meme

Go into a similar situation as THIS:


See more on Know Your Meme

For those who don’t know, Red Dawn is a 1984 war film about a fictional Soviet Invasion of the United States and the exploits of a group of teenagers in small-town Colorado who form a resistance movement, named after their high school mascot, the “Wolverine”. They basically f*** up the Soviet prescence in their town, bombing Soviet political structures, freeing prisoners, and ambushing execution squads and patrols.
So, can the Mane 6 and the CMC be put into this situation?

Apr 13, 2012 at 04:53PM EDT
Quote

@Unknown
What would the foreign power invading be then?
Griffons?

Diamond dogs?

Buffalo?

Well I am unsure about buffalo sense they seem to be native with ponies already..

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 05:00PM EDT
Apr 13, 2012 at 04:58PM EDT
Quote

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

Hello Again,
No, I am not going start another s***storm like last night about the Derpy controversy. (though still check the link if you’re interested)
Anyway, I actually came back to ask a question:
How many of you would like to see this:


See more on Know Your Meme

Go into a similar situation as THIS:


See more on Know Your Meme

For those who don’t know, Red Dawn is a 1984 war film about a fictional Soviet Invasion of the United States and the exploits of a group of teenagers in small-town Colorado who form a resistance movement, named after their high school mascot, the “Wolverine”. They basically f*** up the Soviet prescence in their town, bombing Soviet political structures, freeing prisoners, and ambushing execution squads and patrols.
So, can the Mane 6 and the CMC be put into this situation?

That would be too violent don’t you think? The show is innocent and friendly.

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 05:05PM EDT
Apr 13, 2012 at 05:04PM EDT
Quote

@Ric Tesla.
You see, I am still thinking about that one. The whole Luna/Celestia war thing seems to be a bit overused, but I’m still thinking Luna could be the main invasion force. Griffons indeed will be like the Cubans in the movie: not the main bad guys but there with the Soviets, with Gilda kinda being like the Cuban officer in the film.
Other than that, it’s still in wraps until I can finalize what I can change in order to not divert too far from Red Dawn but also not making the story seem ridiculous.

Apr 13, 2012 at 05:06PM EDT
Quote

I post stuff wrote:

That would be too violent don’t you think? The show is innocent and friendly.


WELCOME TO KYM!
And if you think so..then have you ever read the cupcakes fanfic?

@Unknown Unknown
Well there are other races that could be put into consideration…but I am not good at thinking too so…yeah..

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 05:11PM EDT
Apr 13, 2012 at 05:07PM EDT
Quote

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

@Everyone
Listen, I am a member of this new Save Derpy group. I was the one providing the evidence.
This “troll” WAS affiliated with the hate group “Yaweh Clan”, a group of extremists who beleive that things like homosexuality and bronies are evil and must be purged by hate and driving others to suicide (which is absurd to think that way). Not random or fake, but rather, serious buisness.
And yes, we have a source from one of our members that the staff IS trying to push for more Derpy in Season 3. We have a forum about it on the website, and EBeck’s awaiting final confirmation that the creators will support him as the leader of the movement.
So don’t be too hard on EBeck. He’s come a long way.
I’m sorry if it seems we’re shoving it down your throats, but we’ve gotta spread the word somehow.
And if possible, can we be added to the contact list on the Save Derpy page?

Currently it’s just a movement. It hasn’t borne any results yet.

If it becomes a notable and (somewhat) succesful movement, we can add it to the Save Derpy entry.

Apr 13, 2012 at 05:19PM EDT
Quote

@Random Man
Ok, thanks for the update.

and @ I post stuff

Which is why I thought it would be interesting, seeing how in the movie, the main characters went from average high-school students to a no-mercy resistance group within a short time. That WILL be shown with the characters in story, and how they cope.

Apr 13, 2012 at 05:28PM EDT
Quote


So many newfags, so little time…

Anyway, now would be a perfect time to repost the KYM Brony Bios. Use it to help you expect what we are like and what we post about. It lists most of the posters on this thread. It’s a bit outdated since there are a bunch of new posters and because some older posters left.

Any regular poster can post their bio on my wall and all add it (eventually).
And if you newfags stick around you might be able to get added too.

Apr 13, 2012 at 05:33PM EDT
Quote

I post stuff wrote:

@Ric Tesla
Thanks!

No… I haven’t read the cupcakes fanfic.

New member!

Glad you came at a most opportune time (please please please stay away from pages 73 and 74). From all of us to you, welcome to the thread!

Apr 13, 2012 at 05:38PM EDT
Quote

I post stuff wrote:

@Connor
Oh my…

I hope you’re not posting this because of me.

How old are you, sport. Your innocents reminds me of Fluttershy when she was young.

Apr 13, 2012 at 05:41PM EDT
Quote

I post stuff wrote:

@Connor
Oh my…

I hope you’re not posting this because of me.

You’re a little naive about what we do here, but that’s okay.

I was going to post it anyway to get some of the new regulars to gimme their bios, and to help you of course.

You’ll also want to add pages 34 & 69 of all the threads to the list of pages to skip, just some advice.

Apr 13, 2012 at 05:45PM EDT
Quote

Interesting idea, the CMC as adolescents.


Oh yeah, say goodbye to Calpain.

He’s fucked, both literally and figurally.

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 05:56PM EDT
Apr 13, 2012 at 05:46PM EDT
Quote

I post stuff wrote:

@Connor
Oh my…

I hope you’re not posting this because of me.

I apologize for his behavior. He also has a tendency to link porn.

Welcome to Know Your Meme! I hope you stick around awhile.

Apr 13, 2012 at 05:46PM EDT
Quote

Fridge Logic wrote:

I apologize for his behavior. He also has a tendency to link porn.

Welcome to Know Your Meme! I hope you stick around awhile.

@I post stuff:

Oh yes, I forgot the customary porn link to welcome a new member. Here it is!

Apr 13, 2012 at 05:53PM EDT
Quote

@Connor
Okay! That’s nice to uhm… read!

Edit: Dat link!

@Fridge Logic
Thanks! I will try.

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 05:57PM EDT
Apr 13, 2012 at 05:56PM EDT
Quote

SPOILERS FOR RED DAWN/MLP

Beware, I’m only gonna say this:
At the end of the movie, Red Dawn, they’re only two characters left from the resistance movement.
>:)

Apr 13, 2012 at 06:11PM EDT
Quote

Ah, the KYM Pony General thread… I wonder what delights await me in its thready goodness today…

Ric wrote:

Also I found some embarrassing photos I stumbled upon in the image gallery between KYM members!!:

MFW:

Of all the things I expected to happen today, getting shipped was not one of them. This honestly just made my day.


@All the new guys
Hi, welcome to the thread!

Apr 13, 2012 at 07:11PM EDT
Quote

buddle wrote:

Um…hi!

You new members spawn just like RandomMan you come out of no where and in the millions!
THIS IS GLORIOUS IN THIS CASE! :D
WELCOME MY NEW ALLIES!

@Algernon
You’re welcome, Algie! XD

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 07:14PM EDT
Apr 13, 2012 at 07:13PM EDT
Quote

Pinkie is filled with joy to see people as new as her joining the thread! Yes!

PINKIE CAME BEARING GIFTS!!!

Apr 13, 2012 at 07:28PM EDT
Quote

Pinkamena Diane Pie wrote:

Pinkie is filled with joy to see people as new as her joining the thread! Yes!

PINKIE CAME BEARING GIFTS!!!


They taste a bit funny… especially the last one. It needs a dash more of rainbow.

Apr 13, 2012 at 07:38PM EDT
Quote

Tim the Enchanter wrote:


They taste a bit funny… especially the last one. It needs a dash more of rainbow.

THEY ARE NOT FILLED WITH PEGASI MEAT!
Pinkie means yes…I may need to go ask a friend at Cloudsdale to give me more of it for Pinkie’s cupcakes…

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 07:54PM EDT
Apr 13, 2012 at 07:54PM EDT
Quote

New members?
Fresh kindling…………
Nah, you haven’t done anything to deserve immolation yet. I’m Pyro, resident Spychecker and Luna worshipper. Enjoy your stay here, or else I’ll have to eliminate the deadweight…..

Apr 13, 2012 at 08:00PM EDT
Quote

Welcome, new posters.

I’m the local karma-slinger. You post something that is good in any way, have some karma? Talk shit about me? Karma. Kill my mother? Karma.

Also, I guess I’m the best rapper, according to page 68 and 69. I… uh… wouldn’t really spend to long on 69 though… That number has implications.

Anyways, have some best pony:

Edit: Oh, yeah. Connor, do I just follow the template on that document to post my bio. I figure I’ve done enough shit to be a regular.

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 08:03PM EDT
Apr 13, 2012 at 08:01PM EDT
Quote

I’ve been lurking this thread for I while. :3
I know everything.

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 08:24PM EDT
Apr 13, 2012 at 08:23PM EDT
Quote

Excellent. New people for me to raeg at.
 
Welcome to teh madness. You will never live up to RandomMan. Pyro really doesn’t hate you. Citation actually does. Enjoy your stay. Twilight is Best Pony.


its gud comic cuz flushy isnt in it lol

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 08:32PM EDT
Apr 13, 2012 at 08:31PM EDT
Quote

You all will be presented with a song I created that I sent to a friend of mine’s wall (But with a small modification)! Yes!
Here is how it goes!:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Ghosties are everywhere, they lurk in the most purist of moments but most well hidden!
Waiting for the right moment to strike so that you felt like you were bitten!
SMILE SMILE SMILE!!
Then it infected Pinkie’s soul like a virus on a new born filly!
It spread quick and fast, it made my world willy nilly!
SMILE SMILE SMILE!
The blacken plague filled Pinkie with glee and it showed Pinkie the light!
It showed Pinkie that the other ponies; Pegasi and unicorn…are unclean and must be purge from the land of the bright!
SMILE SMILE SMILE!
Don’t you see?
All the ghosties are all around Pinkie!
JUST SMILE SMILE SMILE!
Don’t be scared!
You are going to get spared!
JUST SMILE SMILE SMILE!
The ghosties are your friends!
They are your guides!
They give Pinkie fun rides!
JUST SMILE SMILE SMILE!
Just let them in your life!
They will protect you with every knife!
As long you remember to…..

Apr 13, 2012 at 09:14PM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

Welcome to teh madness. You will never live up to RandomMan. Pyro really doesn’t hate you. Citation actually does. Enjoy your stay. Twilight is Best Pony.


Aye.
And the last page or so certainly hasn’t helped my perception on most of these users….
Most of you could probably pick out who.

Apr 13, 2012 at 09:19PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

Verbose wrote:

Welcome to teh madness. You will never live up to RandomMan. Pyro really doesn’t hate you. Citation actually does. Enjoy your stay. Twilight is Best Pony.


Aye.
And the last page or so certainly hasn’t helped my perception on most of these users….
Most of you could probably pick out who.

Well I hope not Pinkamena; because she seems entertaining. :D

Apr 13, 2012 at 09:21PM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

Well I hope not Pinkamena; because she seems entertaining. :D

[REDACTED]

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 09:23PM EDT
Apr 13, 2012 at 09:23PM EDT
Quote

You guys need to see this:

anyone who is a brony and has any self respect go over to college humor, unsubscribe to them, and leave a post on their channel about it.

There is a difference between being funny and just spreading ignorant stereotypes.

I shudder at the thought of how many people will actually believe this!!! It must be stopped.

Apr 13, 2012 at 09:25PM EDT

10$ says that the new Pinkie RP is Ideo. He had that title for a long-ass time. And she certainly seems to be depressed like him. And Verbose, what the hell wa .that thing about me hating them? I just said that they didn’t do anything to earn a torching. New members are fun. They provide a direct outlet for blame and suffering. But you’re right. I don’t really hate them. I’m just pissed at things.

Apr 13, 2012 at 09:29PM EDT
Quote

Sandstone wrote:

10$ says that the new Pinkie RP is Ideo. He had that title for a long-ass time. And she certainly seems to be depressed like him. And Verbose, what the hell wa .that thing about me hating them? I just said that they didn’t do anything to earn a torching. New members are fun. They provide a direct outlet for blame and suffering. But you’re right. I don’t really hate them. I’m just pissed at things.

Who is this Ideo you speak of?!
Is he/she another one of your old comrades. That fallen to Pinkie’s cause.
It is unknown how one can be so sure of one acausation. Yes!
Pinkie is not depressed, she is happy! She knows the light!
She knows what she must do, the ghosties will guide her into the light as they promised! Yes!

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 09:35PM EDT
Apr 13, 2012 at 09:35PM EDT
Quote

@citation
I Actually kinda agree with you, but whatever.
@supertrollzer
Let’s not make a mountain out of a molehill. I actually found it to be quite funny. If we go berserk trying to disprove it by flooding them with negative comments, I feel like we will just cement the stereotype that we are overzealous fanboys. It’s really not a big deal.

Apr 13, 2012 at 09:39PM EDT
Quote

Pinkamena Diane Pie wrote:

Who is this Ideo you speak of?!
Is he/she another one of your old comrades. That fallen to Pinkie’s cause.
It is unknown how one can be so sure of one acausation. Yes!
Pinkie is not depressed, she is happy! She knows the light!
She knows what she must do, the ghosties will guide her into the light as they promised! Yes!

Well well well…this will be interesting….

Apr 13, 2012 at 09:42PM EDT
Quote

@Dac-attack

But to all those people who don’t know anything about bronies will just assume this is true.

If we don’t at least make it clear that these are straight up lies, then what?

Apr 13, 2012 at 09:43PM EDT

SuperTrollz0r wrote:

You guys need to see this:

anyone who is a brony and has any self respect go over to college humor, unsubscribe to them, and leave a post on their channel about it.

There is a difference between being funny and just spreading ignorant stereotypes.

I shudder at the thought of how many people will actually believe this!!! It must be stopped.

The thing is, if people base their opinion of an entire group of people off of something that’s obviously supposed to be (and is) funny, a few angry comments aren’t going to change anything and will most likely only serve to make us look sillier to them.

Apr 13, 2012 at 09:54PM EDT
Quote

SuperTrollz0r wrote:

@Dac-attack

But to all those people who don’t know anything about bronies will just assume this is true.

If we don’t at least make it clear that these are straight up lies, then what?

Then what you ask? Nothing really. Some people might think badly about bronies as a whole. So what? The only people you should concern yourself about are the people that you know directly or the people that directly affect your life. I couldn’t care less if some people think all bronies clop to ponies or we are all fat, neither should you. Honestly, if we make a big deal about it, it shows we are insecure about who we are. It’s just a joke really.

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:01PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!