Forums / Discussion / General

174,171 total conversations in 5,724 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users

Iamslow wrote:

The thing is, if people base their opinion of an entire group of people off of something that’s obviously supposed to be (and is) funny, a few angry comments aren’t going to change anything and will most likely only serve to make us look sillier to them.

You’re right…. I’m just a bit rustled at all these damn stereotypes and all the stupid 12 year olds who believe them.

@Jackal

Definitely flat text.
I think the sidebar looks better zoomed in on Vinyl, whereas I like the header that’s zoomed out. Nice work, btw.

Thank you :) This was the kind of feedback I was hoping for.


@Pyro

10$ says that the new Pinkie RP is Ideo.

Nah, it’s Ivan. All new accounts are always Ivan every last one of them.


@Super Trollzor

But to all those people who don’t know anything about bronies will just assume this is true.

If people are going to believe that but are not sure if its really true then politely correct them. They might take your word over College Humor

If people are going to believe it and keep believing it because they need more reasons to hate then pity them

If people take it for the joke it is, laugh with them

For those who take it seriously, that’s their problem, not ours. I really see no reason to care what College Humor or anyone else thinks and says about me. I don’t think you should either.


@Blue Yoshi

I noticed that too. That tumblr just took things up a notch

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Jackal

Definitely flat text.
I think the sidebar looks better zoomed in on Vinyl, whereas I like the header that’s zoomed out. Nice work, btw.

Thank you :) This was the kind of feedback I was hoping for.


@Pyro

10$ says that the new Pinkie RP is Ideo.

Nah, it’s Ivan. All new accounts are always Ivan every last one of them.


@Super Trollzor

But to all those people who don’t know anything about bronies will just assume this is true.

If people are going to believe that but are not sure if its really true then politely correct them. They might take your word over College Humor

If people are going to believe it and keep believing it because they need more reasons to hate then pity them

If people take it for the joke it is, laugh with them

For those who take it seriously, that’s their problem, not ours. I really see no reason to care what College Humor or anyone else thinks and says about me. I don’t think you should either.


@Blue Yoshi

I noticed that too. That tumblr just took things up a notch

Pinkie needs to know who are these people you accuse her of! Yes!
Because Pinkie thinks you all are speaking more heresy!

Ric Tesla wrote:

Nothing much…

Take a set, over there.

Broken link. Derp

But anyways, sorry for the recent lack of posting here. Guess I’ve taken my time to do other stuff on the net.

I’ve seen the recent back-from-the-grave topic of the Derpy issue, and think it’s too late to give my two cents right now. Lets all put it back on it’s resting place where it belongs.


@I post stuff

Sorry my dear, but there must be a mistake here. I post stuff. You check my profile and see my uploaded pics stats.

Jokes appart, to you and all other newfags newmembers, welcome to this wonderful madness called KYM Pony General.


Oh, and I did check the little argument between dac and phoneix about who’s best player.

Unfortunatelly, I’ll have to stay on dac’s side on this one. Why? Because it ends up I’ve discovered that Cristiano is not only best player. He’s also secretely is…

BEST PONY!!

Messi fans: 3
Cristiano fans: OVER 9000!!1!1!ONE!

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 10:25PM EDT

Pinkamena Diane Pie wrote:

Pinkie needs to know who are these people you accuse her of! Yes!
Because Pinkie thinks you all are speaking more heresy!


You make me feel paranoid!
I like that!

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 10:50PM EDT

Pinkamena Diane Pie wrote:

You all will be presented with a song I created that I sent to a friend of mine’s wall (But with a small modification)! Yes!
Here is how it goes!:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Ghosties are everywhere, they lurk in the most purist of moments but most well hidden!
Waiting for the right moment to strike so that you felt like you were bitten!
SMILE SMILE SMILE!!
Then it infected Pinkie’s soul like a virus on a new born filly!
It spread quick and fast, it made my world willy nilly!
SMILE SMILE SMILE!
The blacken plague filled Pinkie with glee and it showed Pinkie the light!
It showed Pinkie that the other ponies; Pegasi and unicorn…are unclean and must be purge from the land of the bright!
SMILE SMILE SMILE!
Don’t you see?
All the ghosties are all around Pinkie!
JUST SMILE SMILE SMILE!
Don’t be scared!
You are going to get spared!
JUST SMILE SMILE SMILE!
The ghosties are your friends!
They are your guides!
They give Pinkie fun rides!
JUST SMILE SMILE SMILE!
Just let them in your life!
They will protect you with every knife!
As long you remember to…..

Your starting to scare me….

Pinkamena Diane Pie wrote:

^Like this guy said.

Always laugh at fear!
Only thing you should fear is fear itself! Yes!

So if i laugh at a giant group of killer bee’s they’ll just go away?…..Far out man….And for all you bee’s out there:

@Ric
Yeah, he seems pretty cool now.

GIANTDAD wrote:

So if i laugh at a giant group of killer bee’s they’ll just go away?…..Far out man….And for all you bee’s out there:

@Ric
Yeah, he seems pretty cool now.

Yes! Pinkie did the same to the parasprites after the episode was over, they all burst into flames!
I do not know how but it does work! Yes!
Now I must go back to sugar cube corner because I am tired and will be doing some “late night” duties.

>mfw this thread has gotten almost 2 pages in today


Try not to get too worked up over the CollegeHumor video. Sure, they’re stereotyping and being a bit offensive, but really, everyone does that nowadays for humour. Funny? Meh. Overused and abused? You bet your last bit it is. No need to get all butthurt and reinforce the stereotype that bronies are whiny little babies who can’t take a joke (because most of us can).

I’m pretty sure they were being satirical, although if they have a history of stereotyping bronies, shame on them for isolating a huge portion of their audience.


Tsktsktsk, has no one realized

EDIT: Muffinator has informed me it’s not this week. WHY HASBRO WHY?

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 11:42PM EDT

@Twins
No, there is not. Sorry to shatter your dreams and aspirations.


Posting this because I can’t find anything else that fits.


@New people

Welcome and all that. You can see my username to your left, you can call me Muffins for short. I use sarcasm a lot. Some basic guidelines:

Don’t piss off Citation
RandomMan is your god now, bring him your virgins
Don’t ever talk about the Derpy scenario
Verbose is smart, listen to him
If Connor gives you a link, there is a 95% chance that link will drain your sanity (assuming bronies have any sanity to start with. Let’s face it, the majority of us in this thread can probably pass as mentally insane).

That’s bascially it, other than the normal forum rules. And, like Verbs said, Twilight is best pony.


Have fun.


@ College humor video

College humor basically makes fun of anything that has some level of popularity. This isn’t uncommon for them.

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 11:56PM EDT

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

>mfw this thread has gotten almost 2 pages in today


Try not to get too worked up over the CollegeHumor video. Sure, they’re stereotyping and being a bit offensive, but really, everyone does that nowadays for humour. Funny? Meh. Overused and abused? You bet your last bit it is. No need to get all butthurt and reinforce the stereotype that bronies are whiny little babies who can’t take a joke (because most of us can).

I’m pretty sure they were being satirical, although if they have a history of stereotyping bronies, shame on them for isolating a huge portion of their audience.


Tsktsktsk, has no one realized

EDIT: Muffinator has informed me it’s not this week. WHY HASBRO WHY?

NEW EPISODE TOMORROW?
Better drink my own piss

Muffins wrote:

@Twins
No, there is not. Sorry to shatter your dreams and aspirations.


Posting this because I can’t find anything else that fits.


@New people

Welcome and all that. You can see my username to your left, you can call me Muffins for short. I use sarcasm a lot. Some basic guidelines:

Don’t piss off Citation
RandomMan is your god now, bring him your virgins
Don’t ever talk about the Derpy scenario
Verbose is smart, listen to him
If Connor gives you a link, there is a 95% chance that link will drain your sanity (assuming bronies have any sanity to start with. Let’s face it, the majority of us in this thread can probably pass as mentally insane).

That’s bascially it, other than the normal forum rules. And, like Verbs said, Twilight is best pony.


Have fun.


@ College humor video

College humor basically makes fun of anything that has some level of popularity. This isn’t uncommon for them.

Are you being serious about there being no new episode tomorrow?
Because I can’t tell if some one is being sarcastic or not for the life of me.

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 11:40PM EDT

Muffins wrote:

@Twins
No, there is not. Sorry to shatter your dreams and aspirations.


Posting this because I can’t find anything else that fits.


@New people

Welcome and all that. You can see my username to your left, you can call me Muffins for short. I use sarcasm a lot. Some basic guidelines:

Don’t piss off Citation
RandomMan is your god now, bring him your virgins
Don’t ever talk about the Derpy scenario
Verbose is smart, listen to him
If Connor gives you a link, there is a 95% chance that link will drain your sanity (assuming bronies have any sanity to start with. Let’s face it, the majority of us in this thread can probably pass as mentally insane).

That’s bascially it, other than the normal forum rules. And, like Verbs said, Twilight is best pony.


Have fun.


@ College humor video

College humor basically makes fun of anything that has some level of popularity. This isn’t uncommon for them.

Time to commit seppuku then.

EDIT: I posted this EXACT same image but stupid Muffinator had to be a post above me. I’m watching you…

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 11:49PM EDT

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

They’re taking a week off.

Next week there are two episodes on one day.

But think about the suspense they’d create if had an episode tomorrow! The entire internet would be abuzz with fanart and speculation for the entire week about what would happen next!

What a wasted opportunity.

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 11:47PM EDT

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

But think about the suspense they’d create if had an episode tomorrow! The entire internet would be abuzz with fanart and speculation for the entire week about what would happen next!

What a wasted opportunity.

People would be pissed that they had to wait a week for the conclusion.

And besides, there is no lack of hype and advertising as is.

Sorry to interrupt, but if anyone read the Red Dawn/MLP post from earlier (page 76, there’s a big ass picture if you don’t catch it initially), I think I’m getting to where the sides will be:
- The Mane 6 and CMC will be the main group of resistance fighters. Though the movie had at most (including the colonel), 9, I’m gonna have to work with 11 characters. So that means I’ll have to be creative in what roles I’ll have to either split or add.
-Celestia’s forces are gonna be like the Americans from the movie. No tyrant Celestia in this one.
-Luna’s probably gonna be the invaders. I’ll have to think of some logical way to make this work in order for it not to be too lame.
-Griffons are gonna support Luna, and Gilda’s gonna be like the Cuban officer from Red Dawn.
-Buffalo or Dragons (haven’t decided) are going to get a mention in how they support Celestia’s cause (though taking an insane amount of casualties in the process, similar to the Chinese mentioned in Red Dawn).
Just wanted to get that out there if anyone cared.

>mfw thread did stuff and so many new members

You have no idea how happy I am right now.


@Spontaneous

How much do you really know? It would be interesting to finally hear about the thread from the point of view of a lurker.


Ugh, I ate too much candy. Now my tongue hurts. See everypony tomorrow at the crack of dawn for the new episode no reason in particular.

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

People would be pissed that they had to wait a week for the conclusion.

And besides, there is no lack of hype and advertising as is.

Thats what they did for the first two episodes this season and that’s what every series does. It wouldn’t be out of the ordinary that they make you wait on measly week. Sometimes you get cliffhangers that make you wait months to find out whats gonna happen. I’m pretty sure we could have handled one week and I would have liked that to be honest. Whatever though, I guess we’ll have 44 min of pony next week.

Dr. Coolface wrote:

Bronies are wimps. Y’all watch little girl shows.

Don’t even play, man. Don’t even play like that.

Strawberry Shortcake is hardcore, and you know it.

Apparently, Fluttershy has begun playing Tribes: Ascend

Also, if any of you want to give Tribes a shot, here’s a referral link that gives you some bonus exp when you hit level 6. And it’s a free game, so there’s that also. /shamelesspromotion

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 01:02AM EDT

I was scro-lo-lolling through the pages, when I saw somebody had posted this image…

I chuckled, and it hit me like a sack of bricks.

What Pokemon does Pinkie Pie remind me of…?

Mother of God. Its Spoinkie Pie.

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 01:27AM EDT

New episode of Bronies React To:



I’m back

After a week of hard work.I can finally chill out on the internet once again.Sorry if I wasn’t online this week.I was busy doing an important school project.It took all my free time to complete it.

Ok enough talking.It is

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 01:49AM EDT

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

Hey guys, this pic was posted on the gallery and I think it deserves some attention
(WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD)

Here’s the link to the source. And apparently, it’s legit

Hasbro is really going all out with the season finale. In the bloody New York Times, no less.

At this rate, either the entire internet is going to become bronies, or it’s going to be war everywhere. I mean, with all that advertising, Hasbro is clearly aiming for a much larger audience than just bronies and little girls. Might even get some haters to watch it, and (hopefully) convert them!

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Hub gets massive ratings with this one.

Have you seen the article that already listed the season finale as one of the most over-the-top fictional weddings? ;)

Hasbro is definitely not holding back, this will be interesting.


Question for everyone: which looks better:

Text that goes with Vinyls hair? Or text that goes with her glasses?

@BSOD

The blue one. Definitely the blue one. Btw, I am jelly of your drawing capabilities.

@Season Finale

I’ve said this like 3 times, but it looks like the season finale will be the best episodes yet. I’m really looking forward to them.

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 02:31AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Have you seen the article that already listed the season finale as one of the most over-the-top fictional weddings? ;)

Hasbro is definitely not holding back, this will be interesting.


Question for everyone: which looks better:

Text that goes with Vinyls hair? Or text that goes with her glasses?

Purple is best pony.

Eez nice.


I’m stoked for this episode, as I’d imagine most of you are. It’ll be nothing short of epic.

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 02:54AM EDT

@BSOD
Personally, I’ll go with the blue one.

As for the season finale, I’m excited but I’m also kinda sad.We won’t see a new episode for a while (until next fall).I guess I will have to find something different to occupy my free time.Prepare yourself, for a pretty long summer.

@BlueScreen
Dammit, it probably is Ivan. I owe you ten bucks.
@new Cadence info
Foal-sitter? She sat on Twilight? Damn. She’s already like auntie Molestia……speaking of which, what kind of name would a Molestia-like Cadence have? We’ve got Molestia, Lunaughty, and now Decadence. The rape triangle is now complete.

Sorry to interrupt again, but I have other news:
“The Last Roundup” is set to air today again. And this time, I’m not sure which version it’s gonna be. From what the movement-that-caused-a-shitstorm-two-days-ago said, Hasbro’s looking into the controversy and the writers are pushing for more Derpy.
So just relaying the info so we can wait and see…

Dac wrote:

Thats what they did for the first two episodes this season and that’s what every series does. It wouldn’t be out of the ordinary that they make you wait on measly week. Sometimes you get cliffhangers that make you wait months to find out whats gonna happen. I’m pretty sure we could have handled one week and I would have liked that to be honest. Whatever though, I guess we’ll have 44 min of pony next week.

Good thing I got like an hour of Game of Thrones this week to tide me over :D

@Dr.Gregory horse:

As Cristiano left Manchester united. He is no longer best pony as he betrayed on the six elements of harmony: Loyalty.

CHECKMATE ATHIESTS RONALDOFAGS.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!