Forums / Discussion / General

168,545 total conversations in 5,398 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users


DISCUSS THIS $#!%!!!
I would pick Pinkie Pie because she can be really social and can make a lot of allies, as you can tell from the show and as you can tell from how the humans react in reality. She also able to make devices really easy like a ork can; the helicopter she made in the Gilda episode is an example. It’s not the fact I think she is best pony;t I think she has the ability to get people on her side quickly.

Edit: New page get. :D

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 10:49AM EDT
Apr 14, 2012 at 10:48AM EDT
Quote

Chris wrote:

Apparently, Fluttershy has begun playing Tribes: Ascend

Also, if any of you want to give Tribes a shot, here’s a referral link that gives you some bonus exp when you hit level 6. And it’s a free game, so there’s that also. /shamelesspromotion


This is how I felt when I tried to go fast in a game that was like Tribes.

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 11:10AM EDT
Apr 14, 2012 at 11:06AM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:


DISCUSS THIS $#!%!!!
I would pick Pinkie Pie because she can be really social and can make a lot of allies, as you can tell from the show and as you can tell from how the humans react in reality. She also able to make devices really easy like a ork can; the helicopter she made in the Gilda episode is an example. It’s not the fact I think she is best pony;t I think she has the ability to get people on her side quickly.

Edit: New page get. :D

Seeing how if I became a pony I’d just hang out with bronies anyway, I don’t think you need to choose based on the ability to make friends. Also not sure if want to live out the rest of my life as Pinkie Pie.

Also, assuming I get magical powers if I’m a Unicorn, which would be friggin’ badass, I’d have to go with Twilight Sparkle for her über mage abilities. I’ll draw lots of flak for this, but I don’t much care for Rarity.

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 11:35AM EDT
Apr 14, 2012 at 11:32AM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:


DISCUSS THIS $#!%!!!
I would pick Pinkie Pie because she can be really social and can make a lot of allies, as you can tell from the show and as you can tell from how the humans react in reality. She also able to make devices really easy like a ork can; the helicopter she made in the Gilda episode is an example. It’s not the fact I think she is best pony;t I think she has the ability to get people on her side quickly.

Edit: New page get. :D

Twilight sparkle, Why? So i can use magic and SMITE MY ENEMY’S! Also she’s cute.

Apr 14, 2012 at 11:32AM EDT

Ric Tesla wrote:


DISCUSS THIS $#!%!!!
I would pick Pinkie Pie because she can be really social and can make a lot of allies, as you can tell from the show and as you can tell from how the humans react in reality. She also able to make devices really easy like a ork can; the helicopter she made in the Gilda episode is an example. It’s not the fact I think she is best pony;t I think she has the ability to get people on her side quickly.

Edit: New page get. :D

Despite Twilight clearly being best pony, I would pick Rainbow Dash. She’s adored enough by the fanbase that, if I need to, I can gain some quick allies, and if not, I can fly away really quickly. Also, I could then create nuclear explosions just by dive bombing. Do you have any idea how much power I would have? Everyone would kiss my heels (or hooves) when they find out that I can break the sound barrier and call nuclear explosions at a whim.

Also, I could screw around with the weather. Ruin people’s day.

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 12:28PM EDT
Apr 14, 2012 at 12:27PM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:


DISCUSS THIS $#!%!!!
I would pick Pinkie Pie because she can be really social and can make a lot of allies, as you can tell from the show and as you can tell from how the humans react in reality. She also able to make devices really easy like a ork can; the helicopter she made in the Gilda episode is an example. It’s not the fact I think she is best pony;t I think she has the ability to get people on her side quickly.

Edit: New page get. :D

Applejack.

Despite being best pony, she’s strong, fast, tough, courageous, and has a connection with nature. I’d also be more likable be people, because she has NO negative qualities. That said, she has fewer advantages than Pinkie, RD, or Twilight.

Apr 14, 2012 at 12:29PM EDT
Quote

So they’re rerunning Last Roundup in EST, and I gotta say, Derpy’s new voice sucks.

I mean, it’s not just the fact that they took out her name. This new one honestly pales in comparison to Tabitha’s original. So I think I’m officially in the camp that wants the edits gone (as if there’s anyone who doesn’t want them done away with.)

Of course, even with the edits, this is still one of the best episodes of the series, let alone the season.

Now check out this awsome Madmax art:

Apr 14, 2012 at 01:12PM EDT
Quote

@Fridge Logic
Saw it too
MFW

See more on Know Your Meme

Well, if you say you’re in the camp, go to my profile. I’ll have a link in the bio for you. Check it out, and see if you wanna help.

And that art’s pretty cool.

Apr 14, 2012 at 01:15PM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:


DISCUSS THIS $#!%!!!
I would pick Pinkie Pie because she can be really social and can make a lot of allies, as you can tell from the show and as you can tell from how the humans react in reality. She also able to make devices really easy like a ork can; the helicopter she made in the Gilda episode is an example. It’s not the fact I think she is best pony;t I think she has the ability to get people on her side quickly.

Edit: New page get. :D

I’d slap this imaginary question in the face and remain a human.

Apr 14, 2012 at 01:26PM EDT
Quote

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

But think about the suspense they’d create if had an episode tomorrow! The entire internet would be abuzz with fanart and speculation for the entire week about what would happen next!

What a wasted opportunity.

That could have been pretty interesting. Also I would have liked to see Part one atleast today because I’ve been looking forward to it for awhile now but I think seeing both of them on one day is going to be pretty cool. I like their idea of ending the season with a big event.

Just one more week! YEEEAAAH!

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 01:33PM EDT
Apr 14, 2012 at 01:32PM EDT
Quote

Fridge Logic wrote:

So I think I’m officially in the camp that wants the edits gone (as if there’s anyone who doesn’t want them done away with.)

I did. But it doesn’t merit any more discussion here right now. You and Unknown Unknown can hash it out though.


I was going to say Twilight Sparkle myself, because of the magic and the cool design. But Muffinator made a good point about Rainbow Dash. It would be an amazing experience to be able to travel so quickly and so directly anywhere.

However, I’m not sure I’d want to be around bronies. I’d might find some of you guys, but I don’t trust bronies on the whole. I see a whole lot of strange values and enough (albeit a small percentage, but significant enough) weird tendencies that I’d rather not deal with as a cute pony. If I was actually Rainbow Dash and didn’t have the personality or memory of (Verbose,) then I’d be dealing with bronies as the actual Rainbow Dash. And don’t get me wrong, My Little Dashie made me tear up too, but I’d rather sneak around and find some nice human that could help me get back to Equestria. If I truly couldn’t get back, then I’d probably take to some hermit-like lifestyle.

In that instance, I may actually want to be Fluttershy. If I really could not get back to Equestria, then I’d take the ability to fly, stay above the clouds should I need to hide, along with the ability to talk to animals for company.

Apr 14, 2012 at 01:51PM EDT
Quote

Get transformed into one of the mane six and remain stuck on this miserable rock, you say?

Alright, I’m gonna go ahead and make some assumptions on the mechanics of this.

Since it’s me that gets transformed, instead of the pony just popping in through a portal, I’ll assume she’ll inherit my knowledge and memories alongside her own. She’ll still be herself, mind you, just with all I know added to her archives. Presumably my personality will still be knockin’ around her noggin too, in the manner of a controlled split-personality disorder (meaning I can give advice and such, but not control her actions).

And seeing this is a different world in a different universe, it’s safe to assume many of the more fantastical aspects don’t quite work the same way here. You gonna try magic? Too bad, Sparky, it don’t work that way ‘round these parts. Whatever mystic energies you weaved into spells back home either don’t exist or are vastly different on this planet, so no superpowers for you. Sorry.

Flying will be much trickier as well. There’s two options: Body weight is lessend (by hollowing out bones and reducing muscle mass) so you’ll be able to fly in this atmosphere but your constitutions is much weaker, so don’t go crashing. Or, you retain your original body-type and are unable to fly very long due to your weight dragging you down. Bad deals both, no mistake.

Physics themselves work differently, so shit you could pull off in Equestria ain’t gonna fly here. Sorry, Pinks, the legislation of reality is more strictly enforced here, so no ’toony stuff, ya hear?

So, if you’re hoping to get any new advantages, Earth Pony is the way to go. This a dimension of might, not magic, and the good ol’ buckin’ hooves are most definitely things of might. You’ll be kickin’ through concrete in no time at all. Like I always say, “Being an Earth Pony sucks, right up ’till you fall down a flight of stairs and realize your bones are stronger than solid rock”.

But what about little old me, though? Who’d I chose?

Well, I think I’d go with dear, sweet Fluttershy. Why? Because, in all honesty, this world needs more kindness. That, and I’d get to be a mental stowaway in the mind of my favoured equine, so what’s not to like, eh?

Right, so she’ll be pretty damn terrified of this place, no doubt. But hey, she’ll have me for a guide. Alright, yeah, maybe that’s not a very good precedent. What I mean is that I used to be quite the scaredy-cat myself, back in the day. And since she’ll inherit my memories of those times, she can learn a few lessons in overcoming fear from there.

See, the thing with Flutters is that she’s got an enormous amount of inner strength, she just doesn’t know how to use it. Don’t believe me? Try pushing her, see if you ain’t beggin’ to LOVE HER by the end of it. Now call me crazy, but I think people with that kind of fire in their bellies are the ones that go far in this world. So, a bit of the “school o’ hard knocks” to toughen her up while still keeping the same ol’ core of sweet, loving kindness, and voilà, you have a winning recipe.

Of course, that’s easier said than done. Her anxieties are pretty crippling, after all, and this is the sort of world that abhors a kind soul. But, since I’m knockin’ around her noggin as a mental construct, I can help her along. Y’see, I’m like Fluttershy to a downright scary degree. Quiet, doesn’t particularly like being around strangers, is generally kind but will turn downright psychopathic when the right buttons are pressed? Whose psych profile are you reading off again? I’d wager the only real difference is that I’m not quite as innocent, but growing up on this rock kind of does that to you.

Since she and I are such soul-mates, we should hit it off pretty well. I can see her objecting to my occasional bloodthirstiness, but eh, I can learn to tone it down. So, while I can’t directly control her actions (due to being, essentially, a little nagging voice in her head) I can advise her and she’ll likely consider my counsel trustworthy.

Thusly armed, she’ll be able to gain allies with her natural kindness and avoid being exploited with me cynically pointing it out when it happens. While she might not have much in the way of raw power and physical ability (due to being subjected to real physics as stated earlier) she’ll have a legion of not only human but also animal supporters at her disposal, and that’s a force to be reckoned with. Let me tell ya, you’ll go places on this rock if you can get a big following, and nobody can build an army like that meek little pegasus. Ironic, huh?

Apr 14, 2012 at 01:51PM EDT
Quote

@ClinicallyPerniciousPrince
I only watch FIM and Batman on the Hub, but interesting…
can you see if you can get pics? I know it’s over now, but someone can put something.

Apr 14, 2012 at 01:51PM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:


DISCUSS THIS $#!%!!!
I would pick Pinkie Pie because she can be really social and can make a lot of allies, as you can tell from the show and as you can tell from how the humans react in reality. She also able to make devices really easy like a ork can; the helicopter she made in the Gilda episode is an example. It’s not the fact I think she is best pony;t I think she has the ability to get people on her side quickly.

Edit: New page get. :D

None, I’m not sacrificing these thumbs.

Apr 14, 2012 at 01:54PM EDT
Quote

burning_phoneix wrote:

I’d slap this imaginary question in the face and remain a human.

I agree. Their world is too innocent and happy. I prefer our imperfect world and I don’t want to have a horse vag that requires me to share my love with the likes of big mac and blue blood. I’ll stay a male human thank you very much.

Apr 14, 2012 at 02:00PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

I agree. Their world is too innocent and happy. I prefer our imperfect world and I don’t want to have a horse vag that requires me to share my love with the likes of big mac and blue blood. I’ll stay a male human thank you very much.

Damn Straight.

Apr 14, 2012 at 02:03PM EDT
Quote

@Fridge
I couldn’t bring myself to watch the edited version.

Anyway! The art is adorable.

@badsitrep
Uhm…

Could you by any chance kill it with fire?

Just a little bit.

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 02:39PM EDT
Apr 14, 2012 at 02:37PM EDT
Quote

Ric wrote:


I think Brownmane made a good point in this discussion: How would we become one of the mane 6? Would we fully become one of them, complete with their bodies and personalities? If so, it wouldn’t really be us anymore. We’d simply cease to exist while some magic pony would magically appear in our place. Even if they kept our memories, it still wouldn’t be us – it would just be one of the mane 6 in the human world with some strange memories of some human’s life.

We could, as Brownmane suggested, share the body, with two minds sharing the same skull. Personally, I think that sounds like a terrifying idea, so I’m just gonna ignore that one.

The third possibility is that we stay the same mentally, but somehow get transformed into a member of the mane 6 (f*ck logic). I’m gonna assume that that’s the case here. I don’t think I’d be happy with suddenly becoming female and a quadruped, but I’m sure I’d get over that eventually… somehow.

As for my choice of poni, it’s a tie between Twilight and Dash. The reasons should be fairly obvious. If I were Twilight, I’d have access to all kinds of weird physics-defying magic. Anybody who says they don’t want the ability to move things with their mind, teleport, create giant pink forcefields or transform rocks into hats is simply lying. It would be freakin’ awesome. Also, I could gain her ridiculous intellect, and who wouldn’t want to be super smart? I’d also like to be Dash, just to experience the freedom allowed by flight. I can barely even imagine how great it would be if you could walk outside your front door and immediately take to the skies.

And now for my reasons why I hope this never ever happens:
For one, I quite like my human body. It might be not be the strongest body, and it may be a little squishy ‘round the edges, but at least I know how to use it. Relearning how to walk at the age of 19 would be a total bitch. There’s also the problem that I’d be living in a world designed for humans, by humans. I wouldn’t able to open doors, wear clothes, use computers, use cutlery or use a pen anymore (I guess I could do some of those things with magic if I were Twilight, but I’d still prefer to have fingers).

I also imagine that a human suddenly becoming a magical/flying pony would stir up quite a shitstorm. No doubt some people would want me dead, others would want to kidnap me for research, and others would want to worship me. I wouldn’t mind that last option so much (you can all start right now if you want), but those first two would be a complete pain. It would ensure that I’d never get to enjoy a normal life ever again, and that would suck pretty freakin’ bad.


ADHD version: Twilight or Dash, but I’d still prefer to be human.


Also, hi to any new members who joined after my last post, but before this one!

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 03:06PM EDT
Apr 14, 2012 at 03:03PM EDT
Quote

Wow, I’m glad to see there are so many people on this site who like My Little Pony as well.

Apr 14, 2012 at 03:28PM EDT
Quote

Gabe Newell wrote:

Wow, I’m glad to see there are so many people on this site who like My Little Pony as well.

Can I ask you a question…
Who do you think is best pony?

Apr 14, 2012 at 03:30PM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

Can I ask you a question…
Who do you think is best pony?

I would have to say that my favorite pony is Applejack. She’s hard working, honest, and determined, which are qualities that I really like.

Apr 14, 2012 at 03:32PM EDT
Quote

Gabe Newell wrote:

I would have to say that my favorite pony is Applejack. She’s hard working, honest, and determined, which are qualities that I really like.

Most likely because she wears a hat.
I freaking knew it!

Apr 14, 2012 at 03:36PM EDT
Quote

We need to quote that image some more. (mane 6 discussion)

Brand New Members everywhere. They’re all probably one person.

Speaking of Ponies, finally managed to watch two episodes. Not the greatest thing I have seen, but still good.

Apr 14, 2012 at 03:54PM EDT

Joshua Sutton wrote:

Brand New Members everywhere. They’re all probably one person.


Hi, Ivan.

Apr 14, 2012 at 04:00PM EDT
Quote

Gabe Newell wrote:

I would have to say that my favorite pony is Applejack. She’s hard working, honest, and determined, which are qualities that I really like.

BOOOOOOLLL SHIT!
You love Celestia.

Apr 14, 2012 at 04:00PM EDT
Quote

badsitrep wrote:

BOOOOOOLLL SHIT!
You love Celestia.

I love all the characters. But Ric Tesla asked me who my favorite is, and I had to be honest.

Apr 14, 2012 at 04:05PM EDT
Quote

I believe this is the sixth person to sign up with the alias “Gabe Newell”?

♪Will the real Gabe Newell please stand up, please stand up!♪

Apr 14, 2012 at 04:08PM EDT
Quote


Also, two more days till the best show on television season premiere. Fuck yes!

Apr 14, 2012 at 04:36PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:


Also, two more days till the best show on television season premiere. Fuck yes!

Call me what you will, but Top Gear and MLP are the only two shows I actually keep up with.

Apr 14, 2012 at 05:15PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:


Also, two more days till the best show on television season premiere. Fuck yes!

Wow, the Ancient Aliens guy actually looks pretty well built. I guess that’s what happens when you go to the gym all the time instead of doing research for your show.

Apr 14, 2012 at 05:32PM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

Wow, the Ancient Aliens guy actually looks pretty well built. I guess that’s what happens when you go to the gym all the time instead of doing research for your show.

Want to know why he’s so well built?

Apr 14, 2012 at 05:35PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:


Also, two more days till the best show on television season premiere. Fuck yes!

Top Gear? Wasn’t Top Gear on break till the Summer or Fall?

Apr 14, 2012 at 05:35PM EDT
Quote

ExudesAffluence wrote:

Call me what you will, but Top Gear and MLP are the only two shows I actually keep up with.

I follow a couple more shows, but yeah, top gear is amazing. I can watch it for hours. I find it funny how many pseudo-racist remarks Jeremy gets away with. Remember the “Taco car”? Oh Jeremy, you are too much.

@Pheonix
No, It premieres along side crash course on April 16.

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 05:40PM EDT
Apr 14, 2012 at 05:37PM EDT
Quote

Normally I would write a long TL;DR on this that pales in comparison to what Brownmane wrote, but I find the question to be stupid (no offense). Why would anyone want to be a pony in the real, human world? You wouldn’t fit in anywhere, be ostracized by everyone except the bronies who more or less would be very creepy and say “ooh I wanna stroke your mane can you do a pose for me come WE SHALL BE ONE” or something like that. And when you’re not with the bronies, everyone would stare and avoid you.

Plus, you’re the only one of your kind (I’d assume). You’d eventually die/kill yourself from depression of you being the last remaining species of talking pony. Either that, or you live forever, and eventually, as the MLP fad passes away (in like 200 years), you’d be all alone on the streets, no one to care for you or feed you. You’d ask “why, why was I sent to this tortorous land, filled with strife, sorrow, and the vices of human nature?”

The bittersweet memories of days long ago in Equestria with all your pony friends would be your only solace as you wander alone, through the streets, through the forest, through rain, through snow, no matter what, you’d always think back.

Apr 14, 2012 at 05:38PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

I follow a couple more shows, but yeah, top gear is amazing. I can watch it for hours. I find it funny how many pseudo-racist remarks Jeremy gets away with. Remember the “Taco car”? Oh Jeremy, you are too much.

@Pheonix
No, It premieres along side crash course on April 16.

Was just watching the Vietnam special yesterday. End result – sketch of Surprise riding a pink Minsk.

Apr 14, 2012 at 05:42PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

I follow a couple more shows, but yeah, top gear is amazing. I can watch it for hours. I find it funny how many pseudo-racist remarks Jeremy gets away with. Remember the “Taco car”? Oh Jeremy, you are too much.

@Pheonix
No, It premieres along side crash course on April 16.

What season of Top Gear are we talking about?

Apr 14, 2012 at 05:44PM EDT
Quote


That bottom article…..
…….

Jimmie status:
[ ] Unrustled
[ ] Rustled
[X] Give me the adress of the guy who made this so I can rip his skull of his neck.
This is exactly the kind of shit I don’t need right now. Someone post something happy so I don’t break my comp screen in rage and frustration.

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 05:46PM EDT
Apr 14, 2012 at 05:45PM EDT
Quote

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Normally I would write a long TL;DR on this that pales in comparison to what Brownmane wrote, but I find the question to be stupid (no offense). Why would anyone want to be a pony in the real, human world? You wouldn’t fit in anywhere, be ostracized by everyone except the bronies who more or less would be very creepy and say “ooh I wanna stroke your mane can you do a pose for me come WE SHALL BE ONE” or something like that. And when you’re not with the bronies, everyone would stare and avoid you.

Plus, you’re the only one of your kind (I’d assume). You’d eventually die/kill yourself from depression of you being the last remaining species of talking pony. Either that, or you live forever, and eventually, as the MLP fad passes away (in like 200 years), you’d be all alone on the streets, no one to care for you or feed you. You’d ask “why, why was I sent to this tortorous land, filled with strife, sorrow, and the vices of human nature?”

The bittersweet memories of days long ago in Equestria with all your pony friends would be your only solace as you wander alone, through the streets, through the forest, through rain, through snow, no matter what, you’d always think back.

…..

Alright, I’m gonna go ahead and go commit suicide.

Thanks for the depression.

Apr 14, 2012 at 05:46PM EDT
Quote

Sandstone wrote:


That bottom article…..
…….

Jimmie status:
[ ] Unrustled
[ ] Rustled
[X] Give me the adress of the guy who made this so I can rip his skull of his neck.
This is exactly the kind of shit I don’t need right now. Someone post something happy so I don’t break my comp screen in rage and frustration.

That image made me want to vomit my breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Apr 14, 2012 at 05:47PM EDT
Quote

@Dac-attack!!!
It depends on where you are, I guess; the latest series were on in late March where I live.

Apr 14, 2012 at 05:54PM EDT
Quote

burning_phoneix wrote:

What season of Top Gear are we talking about?

Series 18, its premiering on BBC america.

Apr 14, 2012 at 05:56PM EDT
Quote

Muffins wrote:

That image made me want to vomit my breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

It seems to be a typical day in the shipping thread to me.

Apr 14, 2012 at 06:00PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

Series 18, its premiering on BBC america.

You actually wait for the series to premier on TV?

Here you go buddy:

http://www.finalgear.com/

All the episodes of Top Gear Season 18 in High Def torrents for you to watch.

Bookmark that site, Jeremy Clarkson already has (for real, Clarkson expressed admiration for that website, including the torrents.)

Apr 14, 2012 at 06:01PM EDT
Quote

@Pyro
Since you asked something happy.I’ll just leave this here:




I think you needed it.

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 06:04PM EDT
Apr 14, 2012 at 06:03PM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

You actually wait for the series to premier on TV?

Here you go buddy:

http://www.finalgear.com/

All the episodes of Top Gear Season 18 in High Def torrents for you to watch.

Bookmark that site, Jeremy Clarkson already has (for real, Clarkson expressed admiration for that website, including the torrents.)

Call me old fashion, but I prefer watching on TV. I never go to torrent sites.

Apr 14, 2012 at 06:09PM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

It seems to be a typical day in the shipping thread to me.

And yet, it is not.

Can’t quite see why people think posting it won’t cause trouble if we generally agree to not even talk about it.


Nice to see something from KP-ShadowSquirrel that isn’t kissing ponies.

Apr 14, 2012 at 06:10PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!