Forums / Discussion / General

232,752 total conversations in 7,781 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9926 posts from 193 users

I believe this is the sixth person to sign up with the alias "Gabe Newell"?

♪Will the real Gabe Newell please stand up, please stand up!♪

Dac wrote:

Also, two more days till the best show on television season premiere. Fuck yes!

Call me what you will, but Top Gear and MLP are the only two shows I actually keep up with.

Dac wrote:

Wow, the Ancient Aliens guy actually looks pretty well built. I guess that's what happens when you go to the gym all the time instead of doing research for your show.

Dac wrote:

Top Gear? Wasn't Top Gear on break till the Summer or Fall?

ExudesAffluence wrote:

Call me what you will, but Top Gear and MLP are the only two shows I actually keep up with.

I follow a couple more shows, but yeah, top gear is amazing. I can watch it for hours. I find it funny how many pseudo-racist remarks Jeremy gets away with. Remember the "Taco car"? Oh Jeremy, you are too much.

@Pheonix
No, It premieres along side crash course on April 16.

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 05:40PM EDT

Normally I would write a long TL;DR on this that pales in comparison to what Brownmane wrote, but I find the question to be stupid (no offense). Why would anyone want to be a pony in the real, human world? You wouldn't fit in anywhere, be ostracized by everyone except the bronies who more or less would be very creepy and say "ooh I wanna stroke your mane can you do a pose for me come WE SHALL BE ONE" or something like that. And when you're not with the bronies, everyone would stare and avoid you.

Plus, you're the only one of your kind (I'd assume). You'd eventually die/kill yourself from depression of you being the last remaining species of talking pony. Either that, or you live forever, and eventually, as the MLP fad passes away (in like 200 years), you'd be all alone on the streets, no one to care for you or feed you. You'd ask "why, why was I sent to this tortorous land, filled with strife, sorrow, and the vices of human nature?"

The bittersweet memories of days long ago in Equestria with all your pony friends would be your only solace as you wander alone, through the streets, through the forest, through rain, through snow, no matter what, you'd always think back.

Dac wrote:

I follow a couple more shows, but yeah, top gear is amazing. I can watch it for hours. I find it funny how many pseudo-racist remarks Jeremy gets away with. Remember the "Taco car"? Oh Jeremy, you are too much.

@Pheonix

Was just watching the Vietnam special yesterday. End result – sketch of Surprise riding a pink Minsk.

Dac wrote:

@Pheonix

What season of Top Gear are we talking about?

That bottom article…..
…….

Jimmie status:
[ ] Unrustled
[ ] Rustled
[X] Give me the adress of the guy who made this so I can rip his skull of his neck.
This is exactly the kind of shit I don't need right now. Someone post something happy so I don't break my comp screen in rage and frustration.

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 05:46PM EDT

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Normally I would write a long TL;DR on this that pales in comparison to what Brownmane wrote, but I find the question to be stupid (no offense). Why would anyone want to be a pony in the real, human world? You wouldn't fit in anywhere, be ostracized by everyone except the bronies who more or less would be very creepy and say "ooh I wanna stroke your mane can you do a pose for me come WE SHALL BE ONE" or something like that. And when you're not with the bronies, everyone would stare and avoid you.

Plus, you're the only one of your kind (I'd assume). You'd eventually die/kill yourself from depression of you being the last remaining species of talking pony. Either that, or you live forever, and eventually, as the MLP fad passes away (in like 200 years), you'd be all alone on the streets, no one to care for you or feed you. You'd ask "why, why was I sent to this tortorous land, filled with strife, sorrow, and the vices of human nature?"

The bittersweet memories of days long ago in Equestria with all your pony friends would be your only solace as you wander alone, through the streets, through the forest, through rain, through snow, no matter what, you'd always think back.

…..

Alright, I'm gonna go ahead and go commit suicide.

Thanks for the depression.

Sunhammer wrote:

That bottom article…..
…….

Jimmie status:
[ ] Unrustled
[ ] Rustled
[X] Give me the adress of the guy who made this so I can rip his skull of his neck.
This is exactly the kind of shit I don't need right now. Someone post something happy so I don't break my comp screen in rage and frustration.

That image made me want to vomit my breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Dac wrote:

Series 18, its premiering on BBC america.

You actually wait for the series to premier on TV?

Here you go buddy:

http://www.finalgear.com/

All the episodes of Top Gear Season 18 in High Def torrents for you to watch.

Bookmark that site, Jeremy Clarkson already has (for real, Clarkson expressed admiration for that website, including the torrents.)

@Pyro
Since you asked something happy.I'll just leave this here:

I think you needed it.

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 06:04PM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

You actually wait for the series to premier on TV?

Here you go buddy:

http://www.finalgear.com/

All the episodes of Top Gear Season 18 in High Def torrents for you to watch.

Bookmark that site, Jeremy Clarkson already has (for real, Clarkson expressed admiration for that website, including the torrents.)

Call me old fashion, but I prefer watching on TV. I never go to torrent sites.

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

It seems to be a typical day in the shipping thread to me.

And yet, it is not.

Can't quite see why people think posting it won't cause trouble if we generally agree to not even talk about it.

Nice to see something from KP-ShadowSquirrel that isn't kissing ponies.

Epicus The Warrior wrote:

@Pyro
Since you asked something happy.I'll just leave this here:

I think you needed it.

No…not smile….that is not happiness….only pain…of things long since forgotten…..that should never see the light of day…..

@Lasers

18 pics in one post… dude, seriously?

Would you mind toning down the pic spam just a little? There used to be a lot of pic spam back in the older threads, so we decided on the rule that nobody should post more than 3 pics in one post, unless the pics serve some sort of purpose (e.g. a tl;dr analysing some part of the show might require it). That rule may be a little excessive now since pic spam isn't as much of a problem, but would you mind not posting more than 5 or something?

/killjoy rant

Twilight filly is the epitome of cute. None can withstand her adorableness.

Also have some cute Scootaloo. Everything is better with cute Scootaloo.

EDIT: Changed that last gif since the last one didn't want to work. This one's better anyway.

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 06:39PM EDT

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

@Algy:

Shit, didn't know about the rule.

Apologies.

But I'm leaving them, because fuck, it took me a while to copy-paste that shit.

It's an unwritten rule, more of a type of etiquette.

Sunhammer wrote:

That bottom article…..
…….

Jimmie status:
[ ] Unrustled
[ ] Rustled

Oh Gosh, the bottom part!

My Jimmie status

[ ] Unrustled

[ ] Rustled

[X]

See more on Know Your Meme

I'VE ALWAYS JOKED THAT TWI WAS LUNA'S DAUGHTER, BUT THAT WAS JUST RIDICULOUS

Read up on like four pages. What I found:

1. New members. New members everywhere.
  2. Jimmies being rustled.
  3. Other stuff I forgot.
  4. A fourth one.
  5. ???
  6. PROFIT!!

Despite there being, like seven new members or something absurd like that, I'm not sure how many will stay… I hope all of them, I like meeting all the new guys but I'm never around when they show up.

THIS ART IS FUCKING AMAZING I HAVE NO BUCKING CLUE WHO THE ARTIST IS BUT I NEED TO KNOW! NOW!!

SAME GOES FOR THIS ANIMATED GIF!!! GOOD GOD IT'S MAGNIFICENT!!

(Verbose possible jizzed his pants when he seen the gif).

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 08:41PM EDT

@That Playbrony pic everyone's yelling about

Jimmy status:
[ ] Rustled
[ ] Unrustled
[X] You cannot imagine how unrustled my jimmies are

C'mon guys, it's just TwiLuna. As far as shippings go, that's probably one of the more sensible ones. I've actually enjoyed a few fanfics in the past that had TwiLuna shipping in them. If you're upset because there are two ponies making out in an image, you may want to start bracing yourself. This fandom has produced much, much worse than that, and it's just a matter of time before you accidentally stumble onto some real R34.

Algernon wrote:

@That Playbrony pic everyone's yelling about

Jimmy status:
[ ] Rustled
[ ] Unrustled
[X] You cannot imagine how unrustled my jimmies are

C'mon guys, it's just TwiLuna. As far as shippings go, that's probably one of the more sensible ones. I've actually enjoyed a few fanfics in the past that had TwiLuna shipping in them. If you're upset because there are two ponies making out in an image, you may want to start bracing yourself. This fandom has produced much, much worse than that, and it's just a matter of time before you accidentally stumble onto some real R34.

Am I allowed to say I still don't see AppleDash as plausible? Or am I surrounded by die-hard AppleDash fans?

Verbose wrote:

SAME GOES FOR THIS ANIMATED GIF!!! GOOD GOD IT’S MAGNIFICENT!!

@ExudesAffluence

Opinions about shippings vary here. Some like them, some dislike them, some don't care (like me), and those inbetween. But for as far as I know, there aren't some die-hard fans towards a certain ship (although Lyra X Bonbon is the most accepted one).

So you're free to say that.

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 09:33PM EDT

@Algernon
Well, the only reason my jimmies were rustled was that I just don't like when things go that way. As I've said, I've only joked about a possible mother-daughter relationship with Twi and Luna, but I never would have thought them as sexual partners.

@ExudesAffluence
Now I don't care if somebody enjoys shipping/R34 or not, but I am personally not a huge fan. AppleDash is one of the strangest in my opinion, but I can't say it hasn't been teased before.
So you haven't rustled any of my jimmies.
If anything, you helped unrustle them after that Twi-Luna thing.

ExudesAffluence wrote:

Am I allowed to say I still don't see AppleDash as plausible? Or am I surrounded by die-hard AppleDash fans?

I'm not a fan of Shipping (and R34).So, you won't get a long answer from me.However, I won't judge you if you like them.

Someone asked for cute ponies.Have a picture:

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 10:24PM EDT

I am correct in saying that CitationNeeded and I are the only ones that have a strongly anti-R34 viewpoint? It seems like everyone else is simply tolerant of it (unless I missed or misinterpreted an above post).

Epicus The Warrior wrote:

I'm not a fan of Shipping (and R34).So, you won't get a long answer from me.However, I won't judge you if you like them.

Someone asked for cute ponies.Have a picture:

I don't really care for shippings. But it's the Internet, what am I gonna do? But I admit that some definitely make more sense than others. And AppleDash just doesn't make sense.

@Unknown Unkown

Glad to have unrustled a jimmy or two.

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 10:31PM EDT

@shipping
As far as I'm concerned, Lyra and Bon Bon are together. I ok with shippings that make sense to me. I don't really like appledash and I hate carmelMac. One of the fanfics I was reading had an April fools chapter with blueblood and big Mac shipping, I thought it was ok. Though I prefer how the fanfic really is with big Mac and twilight and blueblood and this lingerie store owner. I don't know, I'm not huge on shipping.
Edit: just thought I would add that I don't really care that r34 exist. I tolerate pretty much anything that this fandom( or any other fandom really) produces. It doesnt bother me

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 12:19AM EDT

@r34 and shipping

I've seen some serious shit. I don't care. I don't care that it exists. I don't care that people enjoy it. I don't care the it causes stereotypes. I don't care.

I tolerate it, because that's what ponies taught me to do.

I love the people that make/look at it, because that's what ponies taught me to do. They're part of our family, even if they're more akin to the weird uncle nobody really likes to mention.

That said, there are a few ships I tolerate harder, or actually accept as awesome. RariSpike, DoctorXDerpy, Lyra and Bon-bon, and so on and so forth. Just because I favor them doesn't mean I'll get bent out of shape and flip my ship when somebody starts AppleDash'ing up in this shit.

Nope.

Tolerate the fuck out of that opinion.

Since every time I try to explain my thoughts on shipping in-depth I sound way more extreme than I actually am, I'll just leave it at this: For me, sometimes its cute, but it usually isn't. And I don't believe in any "otp" pony ships. I think people are allowed to believe in whatever ships they want, so long as it isn't something that involves incest, pedofoalia, or bestiality (Fluttershy x Angel or some crap like that).

As for R34, I do not like it at all. I can tolerate other people liking it as long as they keep it to themselves, or keep it behind a "NSFW" link or something. The Spitfire and Luna x Twilight image on the previous page alone made me want to vomit, you can imagine how that would translate to genuine R34.

Question: Do you people think RD's rainbow mane is real or fake? The reason I'm asking is because every other pony in the show only has only one or two mane colors (with the exception of Twilight). Rainbow is the only pony with a very large spectrum of colors (alicorns not included) in her mane, so genetically this would be near impossible. Hair dye was also made cannon in the "Ponyville Confidential" episode, so it is definitely possible for her mane colors to be fake.

And yes, I mean every pony. I checked the entire list of ponies to make sure. Twilight's bands of color could also be fake, because she has three different colors, and they're only bands.

Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this. And yes, I'm over-analyzing. Because it's fun.

@muffinator
Well, twilight has three colors( and I doubt they are bands since she never takes them off, even if she is sleeping or getting her hair fixed at the salon) and plenty others have two tone hair. I don't see why it couldn't be her natural hair color, and why would her cutie mark and the trail she leaves behind be rainbow colored if she just dyed it.

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 12:17AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!