Forums / Discussion / General

172,910 total conversations in 5,672 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9954 posts from 194 users

>that feel when you find out your best friend hates the fact that you’re a brony


PAGE GET FOR SOCIAL DILEMMAS.

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 01:28PM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Brownmane

lol
I’ve been here barely a month and I’m already getting R63’d.
Misspellings are such fun, ain’t they?

Oops! I could have sworn I spelled that correctly. Ugh, sometimes I have my dyslexic moments..

Anyway you ask “what is cute”. You are correct that everyone will have their own interpretation of that. However I think I can sum it up for many here if I state that “cute” applies when only friendly and/or romantic gestures are displayed/suggested in combination with the natural innocence that little ponies have about them. Of course some will have a different take on that but I would wager that most here could define it that way.

Here’s an example of what I consider a cute shipping scene:

Who agrees with me here? It’s not that sensual and lustful looking sloppy neck lick that Trixie gave Twilight up above, instead it a very sensitive and loving peck on the check. It that cute? Yes it is. Admit it, you thought it was cute. Don’t lie to me.

It’s still shipping all the same. But like you say Brownmare, it’s a different type of shipping. One that is more likely to appeal to me. Thus I don’t take a hard borderline stance against all shipping.


As for R34, don’t worry I don’t really care if you like it or not. It’s not something I judge people for. Everyone has their quirks. So long as R34 imagery isn’t posted here and those who don’t like it do not have to see it, then there should be no problem.

Frankly if you posted R34 I still wouldn’t care. Perverted stuff on the internet? Meh, nothing new to me. I don’t even look up porn but I’ve simply been on the internet for so long that I’ve seen it all. After so many years of browsing the net, its only inevitable that I had been exposed to some of the most disgusting of content. It’s reached a point now, that whenever people freak out over a bit of cartoon sexuality I just interpret that as immaturity.

I just wanted to add on to your part about “why”. You listed a few reasons but the truth is, R34 gets made for literally thousands of different reasons. From simple human nature to very specific task-driven goals. One could go on forever on the subject of “why”. I’m not sure if I want to go there.


Interesting how this conversation has steered towards R34 again. It’s usually a very taboo topic that we try to avoid because it’s been argued many times before in this thread and many more times in comment sections on actual porn images. We seem to be terrified of yet another R34 shitstorm

And yet it seems to be a topic we have a love/hate relationship with. We bring it up at every opportunity.

You have to admit, even if it is taboo, R34 is such a fascinating topic isn’t it? The range of emotions it can stir, how deeply it can influence thinking, the sheer scale of the impact it has and vast number of important aspects that there are to discuss and consider.

Sensibility dictates avoidance but our curiosity craves it. It’s just so interesting to talk about. I just wish it could be discussed maturely without any drama queening

Agreed. As I said, there’s a point where shipping is just ridiculous, like when it’s lustful and just “durr lets have sex”. It get’s interesting for me when the emotions look as if it’s sensitive. I don’t draw or dwell on it, but it can be fascinating to analyze.
So yeah, usually none of my jimmies are rustled when it’s cute like that pic. It only rustles my jimmies when it’s ridiculous.

@Star Gazer

Heck, when my best friend and my sister found out I was a brony, they questioned it
I simply was like:

See more on Know Your Meme

They didn’t say anything about it after the fact. I still hang around them though. They don’t mind my broniness.

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 01:45PM EDT

Just last night explained to a girl that I animate ponies. Luring her in by playing some of the more subtle brony music when we drive around and such. Haven’t mentioned the term “brony” yet, just that there’s a lot of people on the Internet who enjoy the animation and voice work.

How proceed?

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 01:34PM EDT

null wrote:

>that feel when you find out your best friend hates the fact that you’re a brony


PAGE GET FOR SOCIAL DILEMMAS.

>that feel where nobody knows you’re a brony IRL, BUT YOU JUST KNOW THEY’RE ALL GONNA FIND OUT SOON AND HATE YOU FOR IT AND NEVER SPEAK TO YOU AGAIN AND OH GOD IT’S TOTALLY GONNA HAPPEN SOON

What do you mean I’m being paranoid?


Anyways, sorry to hear about that. One of my best friends keeps complaining that he can’t get moved for bronies at his uni (the lucky bastard…), and that he’s sick of constantly hearing about ponies in conversation. I still haven’t told him that I’m a brony myself, despite the fact that I know he wouldn’t be bothered by it. It’s mostly because I want to avoid word spreading to my other friends, since I know that some of them would instantly lose respect for me if they found out (yes, they really are that shallow), and that it would just give them another excuse to make fun of me (yes, they are that cruel. Not sure why I hang out with them tbh). Also, I can’t stand awkward confessions like that.


So I heard some of you like cute shipping. You should check out the Ask Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie Tumblr blog. I know it sounds like a really weird pairing, but it sorta works in this case. Everything about the blog is just ridiculously cute.

(I’m pretty sure they invented the ‘ponies with juice-boxes’ art fad, though I could be wrong there.)

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 02:24PM EDT

Algernon wrote:

>that feel where nobody knows you’re a brony IRL, BUT YOU JUST KNOW THEY’RE ALL GONNA FIND OUT SOON AND HATE YOU FOR IT AND NEVER SPEAK TO YOU AGAIN AND OH GOD IT’S TOTALLY GONNA HAPPEN SOON

What do you mean I’m being paranoid?


Anyways, sorry to hear about that. One of my best friends keeps complaining that he can’t get moved for bronies at his uni (the lucky bastard…), and that he’s sick of constantly hearing about ponies in conversation. I still haven’t told him that I’m a brony myself, despite the fact that I know he wouldn’t be bothered by it. It’s mostly because I want to avoid word spreading to my other friends, since I know that some of them would instantly lose respect for me if they found out (yes, they really are that shallow), and that it would just give them another excuse to make fun of me (yes, they are that cruel. Not sure why I hang out with them tbh). Also, I can’t stand awkward confessions like that.


So I heard some of you like cute shipping. You should check out the Ask Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie Tumblr blog. I know it sounds like a really weird pairing, but it sorta works in this case. Everything about the blog is just ridiculously cute.

(I’m pretty sure they invented the ‘ponies with juice-boxes’ art fad, though I could be wrong there.)


I wonder when people will stop being so shallow and open their goddamn eyes for a change, anyway that fluttershy/pinkie pie shipping, Normally id be one to put my foot down when it come to pony shipping, especially with fluttershy but this whole flutter-pinkie shipping is actually pretty cute and it even made me smile.

@Algernon
Yeah, I kinda told her out of the blue and she seemed cool about it honestly. She hasn’t directly said anything to me about hating it, but she has threatened a mutual friend of ours that I tried to turn with “death” if he watched it or became a brony and I’m letting that speak for itself. I dunno, maybe I’m overreacting, but how can she despise the thought of one friend liking it and not another? Either there’s a significant difference between the friend and me, or she actually does hate bronyism. I’m confused.

My friends either hate bronies or are disapointed with them. One knows I enjoy all the funny stuff the fandom puts out like .mov and a few other things, but not that I am one. We used to have a brony “friend” (I say that lightly. He’s more of an associate. A complete jackass, and still is.) who stopped after a while. Apparently, he wouldn’t shut up about it and it irritated the others to no end. So I’m keeping my mouth shut until I can find a way to break it to them.

ExudesAffluence wrote:

Just last night explained to a girl that I animate ponies. Luring her in by playing some of the more subtle brony music when we drive around and such. Haven’t mentioned the term “brony” yet, just that there’s a lot of people on the Internet who enjoy the animation and voice work.

How proceed?

I assume your goal is romantic and not simply exposing a friend that happens to be a girl to ponies.
 
Scratch all of that tiptoeing. Give her some Twilight Sparkle. B*tches love Twilight Sparkle.

Anyway, if she isn’t going to understand it without a lot of explanation, then I personally wouldn’t bother. It’s likely a deeply rooted problem with gender that isn’t going to go away before you’d like the relationship to get close (a few months to a few years.)

If it’s only going to require a little explanation, then a simple backstory of how you became a brony should suffice. Suggest she watch an episode or two and maybe let her read this thread and see that most of us aren’t insane enough to merit straightjackets. As for leading up to that backstory, then I’d just lead into it with a discussion of what you do in your free time.

“Oh, you know, I post in forums. About (games,) (music…) I post in ones about ponies too. The people there are pretty cool.”

“Oh, why ponies? Well, it’s a fun show. I learned about it when I…”
 
 
And then you get into her pants. I think that’s how it goes.

Please don’t take that last line seriously.


As for the shipping (which has shifted into R34 territory,) I think it’s something that always spurs a lot of discussion. Since some people are easily offended by the topic and, more specifically, the media with it, people have said that we should avoid it altogether. However, those people don’t really appear to be here, and the conversation doesn’t appear to be scaring people off.

I’m all for talking about why it exists or what people think of it. Maybe even favorite shipping artists or images. But the same reason we don’t allow open explicit media here is the same reason I wouldn’t expect to see explicit explicit pony-related media.
 
I think there’s an unspoken issue with the fact that these are equine shapes with human characteristics that are cartoons as well.

  • Horses don’t seem to have much foreplay: they just do it (perhaps Twins and dac can attest to that a little more). Most people don’t care to see the act or anything sexual from horses, because it’s bestial.
  • Humans have loving looks, fondling, licking, biting, dirty talking and other things along with acts that are more “intimately” sexual. Seeing those things in humans isn’t going to cause a lot of problems usually.
  • Cartoons of all sorts can have any sexual activity. From sex with gore, rape, underaged characters, animals, pain and death, etc. The fact that there is lolicon bothers me to the core, but apparently, it’s legal, and enough people enjoy it.

Shipping and R34 have attributes from all of those categories. So it not only makes people feel differently about it, but it also makes any objective or subjective judgement on it difficult.
 
However, I don’t think subjectivity or it being difficult to judge means it isn’t going to offend people.

  • I think that the horse aspect makes anything resembling sexual activity upsetting to some users, especially those who feel strongly about bestiality.
  • Some people see the ponies as being more human (and they certainly have more human aspects than horses in how they act,) so I think they’d have less of a problem with it, but would be offended by explicit sexual acts. Some shipping media involves these acts of foreplay.
  • And then some people say “It’s a cartoon.” I personally don’t believe that makes it OK to post, but it almost justifies anything before explicit acts for some people.

tl;dr 1: Combining human variety in sexual acts with a general disapproval with bestiality causes jimmies to be rustled.


I’d say that offends more people and to a greater extent that people choose to post sexual shipping or explicit R34 than it does offend people that people do not. That’s my take.

It’s a utilitarian approach. More utility is derived from not posting sensual shipping than from posting it.
 
tl;dr 2: I don’t think anyone is telling people to not enjoy it, but I don’t think people should be forced to see it here (with the only alternative being not posting here altogether.)

Dammit.

Missed one. Sorry, Engie. I’ll get that chain-smoking french bastard next time.


Iron Will is best Soldier


@Verbose

We are intriuged by your Tl;Dr. Continue

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 03:10PM EDT

Re: Social dilemmas and all that:

My brother hated bronies at first. He was indoctrinated. I just didn’t care, until he indoctrinated me.

The next to fall was our mom…

So, now all the people I actually care whether or not are bronies are bronies. In fact, my mom actually INADVERTENTLY SHIPPED PONIES. I shit you not, my mom literally said “I think that Appleloosa (Braeburn. She sucks with background pony names.) and Pinkie Pie should get married.”

God, I love my family. I don’t trust my friends with the knowledge of my bronyism, though. They’re kinda idiots like that.


See more on Know Your Meme

Well SOMEBODY uploaded the new PlayBrony cover, and guess what! Look in the bottom right corner:


See more on Know Your Meme

see it yet?

There are and will be rustled Jimmies
and it ain’t gonna be pretty

This is getting to the point of absoute ridiculousness.
There’s a difference between when it’s cute, questionable, or just stupid
I always try to defend my position as a brony, but when some dumbass bigot sees something like this, he’s gonna say “DURR YOU FAGS. YOU GUYS SUK”, and what am I gonna say? He’s gonna keep on thinking that, and spreading the wrong word around. We’re not all like that (and there’s nothing wrong if you’re like that), but this kind of crap is what’s keeping us down with other internet users
rustles my freakin jimmies
sorry for raging

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 03:32PM EDT

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:


See more on Know Your Meme

Well SOMEBODY uploaded the new PlayBrony cover, and guess what! Look in the bottom right corner:


See more on Know Your Meme

see it yet?

There are and will be rustled Jimmies
and it ain’t gonna be pretty

This is getting to the point of absoute ridiculousness.
There’s a difference between when it’s cute, questionable, or just stupid
I always try to defend my position as a brony, but when some dumbass bigot sees something like this, he’s gonna say “DURR YOU FAGS. YOU GUYS SUK”, and what am I gonna say? He’s gonna keep on thinking that, and spreading the wrong word around. We’re not all like that (and there’s nothing wrong if you’re like that), but this kind of crap is what’s keeping us down with other internet users
rustles my freakin jimmies
sorry for raging

CLOP

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 03:27PM EDT

Sandstone wrote:

My friends either hate bronies or are disapointed with them. One knows I enjoy all the funny stuff the fandom puts out like .mov and a few other things, but not that I am one. We used to have a brony “friend” (I say that lightly. He’s more of an associate. A complete jackass, and still is.) who stopped after a while. Apparently, he wouldn’t shut up about it and it irritated the others to no end. So I’m keeping my mouth shut until I can find a way to break it to them.

I still don’t understand why some people hate bronies or find them weird.

MLP is a cartoon about cute animals.

People on the internet are obsessed with cute animals, many people also like cartoons. Having that in mind, there is nothing unusual about the whole brony thing imho. Yet, people still hate.

I post stuff wrote:

I still don’t understand why some people hate bronies or find them weird.

MLP is a cartoon about cute animals.

People on the internet are obsessed with cute animals, many people also like cartoons. Having that in mind, there is nothing unusual about the whole brony thing imho. Yet, people still hate.

It’s a mystery. I don’t understand it either. Probably because of the fact it remained taboo for a while until Faust & Co. came in to play, and then we grew like an atomic explosion. It came very quickly, too quickly for many to understand. So instead of trying to understand, they took it as if it were a virus, and quickly started hating.
Personally, the humor in MLP is relevant to my interests. I think it’s pretty cute.
I like the fandom, But my jimmies do get rustled when our own community posts something ridiculous.Just BS that is used as fuel for the haters fires.

@Connor
I don’t even know why we’re still talking about it, nor do I know why I posted the cover. It’s just gonna rustle jimmies.

sigh

Someone start a new topic so my jimmies aren’t rustled further. I don’t like raging, or holding on to anger.

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 03:46PM EDT

@BSoD

However I think I can sum it up for many here if I state that “cute” applies when only friendly and/or romantic gestures are displayed/suggested in combination with the natural innocence that little ponies have about them.

Well, allow me to be the exception to the rule, then. Not saying I don’t find the “innocent” shipping cute as well, mind you, I just happen to find the more lustful depictions to be quite adorable, too. Trying to explain why would be an exercise in futile, circular logic (like any attempt to explain something this metaphysical) but I will say this: Seeing a creature enjoying life is usually a rather adorable sight, yes? The throes of lecherous pleasure are most definitely something enjoyable, are they not? Of course, many consider such displays vulgar and thus would rather not watch (or so they tell themselves) but us more debauched folk have no problem being so unabashedly voyeuristic.

R34 gets made for literally thousands of different reasons. From simple human nature to very specific task-driven goals.

Y’know, I’ve always found the whole “human nature” explanation to be a bit of a cop-out, regardless of the context and topic. I mean sure, we humans have certain tendencies and all that, but I think beyond the most basic biological wiring, nothing about a given human being is really a sure bet. Besides, isn’t the single damn advantage we humans have over the rest of the beasts the fact that we can defy our nature? We can just stand up and shout “Fuck you!” to our more primeval instincts and do whatever we damn well please instead. ‘Course, that’s easier said than done, but still. This is just a pet peeve of mine, though, so don’t take it personally.

It is true that the reasons for R34 are endless. I just wanted to point out some of the more technical reasons why an artist would embark on such an endeavour.

Interesting how this conversation has steered towards R34 again. It’s usually a very taboo topic that we try to avoid because it’s been argued many times before in this thread and many more times in comment sections on actual porn images.

Well, I’ve always figured that the real problem with sexuality (in general, not just the ol’ R34) is that people don’t talk about it. Lack of discussion breeds ignorance, ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds hatred. Which is a really nasty thing since sexuality is one of those annoyingly hard-coded things in our psyches. You’re shit out of luck if you happen to have a kink that’s outside the “mainstream” since you don’t have much way of changing it. Oh sure, you can try to repress it, but that ain’t gonna work in the long run and you’ll just end up being miserable and depressed. Unfortunately you can’t go all-out embracing it either, as that will earn you the ire of the masses. Damned if ya do, damned if ya don’t.

What makes this whole topic so fascinating, I think, is precisely the fact that it is taboo. We are a curious bunch, and it just so happens that forbidden things are the most interesting ones around. After all, there must be something real cool about it if The Man tells you not to touch it, right?

I’m pretty sure we’re all mature enough to discuss this sort of thing without inadvertently rousing up a shitstorm. The key is not to get emotions mixed into it too strongly. I mean, sure, state your opinions and use colourful language and all that, but keep it civil. Ain’t that hard.

@Verbose

Yeah, I’d wager it’s some type of cognitive dissonance at work rustlin’ dem jimmies. The combination of human personality and equine body, innocence and debauchery or just personal turn-ons and turn-offs, any of these can cause some major internal confusion. And people get real touchy when they’re going through that kind of turmoil.

@Unkown Unknown

Well, to be fair, them haters gonna call us fags, porn or no porn. ‘Course, it gives them ammo, but hey, even if there was no porn, they’d just think we’re real good at hiding it. As for him going on a smear campaign? Well, you can always start a counter-campaign to correct the misinformation. As long as you get your voice out there, people are gonna listen.

Would someone tell me why I ended up in the “evil” row?

I’m not evil…..
sniff
I JUST WANT TO BE LOVED!

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 04:20PM EDT

Hay guys I’m back from the beach. :D
(Sorry I could not get on the computer before I left for the beach)
Also thanks Muumi for finding me the source!
As for the rest of the thread:

Plus don’t get me started on shipping I witness that first hand…

I don’t like to explain much about those experiences…

Verbose wrote:

Suggest she watch an episode or two and maybe let her read this thread and see that most of us aren’t insane enough to merit straightjackets.

Are we reading the same thread?

Here is a picture of an average KYM Pony general poster:

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

It’s a mystery. I don’t understand it either. Probably because of the fact it remained taboo for a while until Faust & Co. came in to play, and then we grew like an atomic explosion. It came very quickly, too quickly for many to understand. So instead of trying to understand, they took it as if it were a virus, and quickly started hating.
Personally, the humor in MLP is relevant to my interests. I think it’s pretty cute.
I like the fandom, But my jimmies do get rustled when our own community posts something ridiculous.Just BS that is used as fuel for the haters fires.

@Connor
I don’t even know why we’re still talking about it, nor do I know why I posted the cover. It’s just gonna rustle jimmies.

sigh

Someone start a new topic so my jimmies aren’t rustled further. I don’t like raging, or holding on to anger.

It has to do more with gender roles and the expectations of such. It’s one thing for a woman to like this, but for a guy to like this? You might as well say you dress like a drag queen on weekends, though obviously it’s not that way. Most bronies just managed to stop giving a shit about what guys are expected to like and like what they like.

But I think the entire male gender role is ridiculous because it makes us suppress emotions and expects every guy to be a Jersey Shore-watching asshole who only thinks about sex and drinking. I’m thinking the brony fandom is a backlash to all of this, and a good one at that.

Brownmane wrote:

The throes of lecherous pleasure are most definitely something enjoyable…but us more debauched folk have no problem being so unabashedly voyeuristic.

>throes of lecherous pleasure
>debauched folk
>unabashedly voyeuristic

Sh!t, man. Take it easy. I didn’t even know it was like that. I know when I’m beat.


Anyway, I like Darth Franny’s art. On the whole, it’s safe and viciously cute, but there are a lot of images that are borderline R34. (Look for one with Pinkie from It’s About Time.)

I actually enjoy friendshipping because it removes the sexual aspect while adding a dynamic which is more than “just friends” (i.e., why can’t Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie be better friends with each other than they are with the other mane ponies?), and whitediamonds along with Darth Franny are among the best at it.

Ric Tesla wrote:

Hay guys I’m back from the beach. :D
(Sorry I could not get on the computer before I left for the beach)
Also thanks Muumi for finding me the source!
As for the rest of the thread:

Plus don’t get me started on shipping I witness that first hand…

I don’t like to explain much about those experiences…

Oh well if it isn’t ric tesla, your lookin…nice…

Ric Tesla wrote:

Hay guys I’m back from the beach. :D
(Sorry I could not get on the computer before I left for the beach)
Also thanks Muumi for finding me the source!
As for the rest of the thread:

Plus don’t get me started on shipping I witness that first hand…

I don’t like to explain much about those experiences…

Hey Ric,
Just a summary,
a very brief one:
jimmies were rustled
a slightly longer one:
Yeah, we kinda got on a big shipping discussion. No flame war, just discussion.
So, the PlayBrony stuff got some jimmies rustled, including mine. I just think some of those pics are ridiculously stupid. We also got into the seperation of cute shipping and ridiculous shipping.
Our jimmies are starting to unrustle, that is, unless Connor the Brony is gonna come back with more of those PlayBrony covers. Then some more jimmies are gonna be rustled…

That moment when your on Skype. While playing TF2.
And you mixed up the conversations.
Needless to say it was hilarious.
And embarrassing.
Also they now know which is best pony.

Sandstone wrote:

Ric, I think you better see this:

Steampunk sister fight is best sister fight

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

It’s awesome!!
+9001!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Unknown Unknown
Thanks for the summary! Now I have a idea of what is currently going on.

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 05:10PM EDT

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

Hey Ric,
Just a summary,
a very brief one:
jimmies were rustled
a slightly longer one:
Yeah, we kinda got on a big shipping discussion. No flame war, just discussion.
So, the PlayBrony stuff got some jimmies rustled, including mine. I just think some of those pics are ridiculously stupid. We also got into the seperation of cute shipping and ridiculous shipping.
Our jimmies are starting to unrustle, that is, unless Connor the Brony is gonna come back with more of those PlayBrony covers. Then some more jimmies are gonna be rustled…

Jimmy status relating to Playbrony covers

[ ] rustled
[x] unrustled

Honestly, as much as I don’t care for shipping or R34, I think those Playbrony covers are hilarious. They’re comedy. R34 comedy, but comedy nonetheless.

I am officially done discussing shipping.

Valadar917 wrote:

It has to do more with gender roles and the expectations of such. It’s one thing for a woman to like this, but for a guy to like this? You might as well say you dress like a drag queen on weekends, though obviously it’s not that way. Most bronies just managed to stop giving a shit about what guys are expected to like and like what they like.

But I think the entire male gender role is ridiculous because it makes us suppress emotions and expects every guy to be a Jersey Shore-watching asshole who only thinks about sex and drinking. I’m thinking the brony fandom is a backlash to all of this, and a good one at that.

Well, the Internet has always loved ponies in one form or another.

Might I remind y’all of the offical KYM Ponypocalyspe Chart?

MLP is just a continuation of the cycle, and no one should be surprised at all.

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 05:45PM EDT

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

Ya know what, sorry for posting a lot, but here:

I thought this looked pretty cool, weathered like that. Would work great in a MLP WarFic


It is from a warfic. In fact, it’s from the warfic, Fallout: Equestria. Kids these days…
Here’s why is exists:

[Epic Spoilerz]
Tensions rise between the pony and zebra nations as there’s a coal shortage in Equestria, and all of the coal deposits are in zebra lands. After a huge misunderstanding at Luna’s Magic Academy that leads to a shootout between the two races, war is declared. Celestia steps down from the throne in shame for letting the massacre happen, and Luna takes her place as ruler of Equestria. However, the zebras have religious beliefs that lead them to fear Luna as if she were still Nightmare Moon, so this act only leads to more aggression. Luna turns to the mane 6 to strengthen Equestria using their special talents:

  • Twilight founds the Ministry of Arcane Science, and they focus on magical research.
  • Rainbow Dash founds the Ministry of Awesome, not going to say what they do because it’s a pretty huge spoiler.
  • Applejack founds the Ministry of Technology (or War, I forget which) and they focus on supplying the Equestrian army.
  • Rarity founds the Ministry of Image, and they make wartime propaganda to keep Equestrian morals up during the war.
  • Pinkie founds the Ministry of… something. It might be Laughter, or Morale, or something like that. That’s where this poster comes from.
  • And finally, Fluttershy founds the Ministry of Peace, which offers medical aid to the armies and tries to end the war by diplomatic means. That’s the poster you just posted.

It looks like someone modded it into Fallout: New Vegas to get that effect.

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 05:48PM EDT

Hey guys. So, are we done with the shipping topic?

I’m glad to see that this time we had very few people bothered about it. I remember on the first 2 or 3 threads when pages 34 and 69 where exclusively dedicated to shipping and (semi) pony pr0n, and because of that, many jimmies got seriously rustled and the discussion became kind of a taboo here.
But it’s good to see that, despite the many conflicting opinions about the issue, we are are able to deal with it in a mature and light-hearted way. Bronies, I am proud.


@Ric

Steam punk ponies much for you?


And just wondering, I’m with the bunny down here. Shipping is a natural part of any fandom, and people should chill out more about it.

(BTW Alger, the Jimmies Rustled meme shall last foreeeeveeeeerrr!!!)

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 05:54PM EDT

ExudesAffluence wrote:

Jimmy status relating to Playbrony covers

[ ] rustled
[x] unrustled

Honestly, as much as I don’t care for shipping or R34, I think those Playbrony covers are hilarious. They’re comedy. R34 comedy, but comedy nonetheless.

I am officially done discussing shipping.

^This

You guys let it bother you waaaay too much. Act like an adult and just laugh at it.

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 05:52PM EDT

@Ponypocalypse chart

I was thinking the other day. If Surprise is Pegasus Pinkie Pie, why don’t we have Unicorn Pinkie Pie? Then I remembered, Unicorn Pinkie Pie is just invisible. And very, very quiet.

RandomMan wrote:

^This

You guys let it bother you waaaay too much. Act like an adult and just laugh at it.

Clever. Very clever.

As for me, my jimmies also remain unrustled. If you can’t laugh at the darker sides of the fandom, then you really don’t belong in it. Its something you just have to get used to. No point in getting your panties all up in a bunch about it.

You definitely don’t have to enjoy it, but at the very least deal with it.


…we seem to be scaring away all of these new users.

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 06:06PM EDT

Owens wrote:

Clever. Very clever.

As for me, my jimmies also remain unrustled. If you can’t laugh at the darker sides of the fandom, then you really don’t belong in it. Its something you just have to get used to. No point in getting your panties all up in a bunch about it.

You definitely don’t have to enjoy it, but at the very least deal with it.


…we seem to be scaring away all of these new users.

Meh, guess you’re right.
I should try not to let these things get to me.
But I still think there’s a point in everything that it goes from good to ridiculous.
@Dr. Gregory
Point taken. Mostly, shipping in general doesn’t bother me.

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 06:11PM EDT

Twins wrote:

Might I remind y’all

Was there a reason behind this, Twins?


And everything I have to say on shipping has been said already. The kind that BSOD, Algernon, and Verbose posted is exactly the kind I like. I hardly see that though.

Maybe we can now discuss the question I posted earlier:

Do you people think RD’s rainbow mane is real or fake? The reason I’m asking is because every other pony in the show only has only one or two mane colors (with the exception of Twilight). Rainbow is the only pony with a very large spectrum of colors (alicorns not included) in her mane, so genetically this would be near impossible. Hair dye was also made cannon in the “Ponyville Confidential” episode, so it is definitely possible for her mane colors to be fake.

And yes, I mean every pony. I checked the entire list of ponies to make sure. Twilight’s bands of color could also be fake, because she has three different colors, and they’re only bands.

Correct me if I’m wrong on any of this. And yes, I’m over-analyzing. Because it’s fun.

Or not, I’m fine with either.


Have this awesome Dash .gif

And if you think there is anything suggestive about this, that’s your own fault.


How good is Fallout: Equestria anyways? I was considering reading it, but its just very long.

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 06:10PM EDT

Muffins wrote:

Twins wrote:

Might I remind y’all

Was there a reason behind this, Twins?


And everything I have to say on shipping has been said already. The kind that BSOD, Algernon, and Verbose posted is exactly the kind I like. I hardly see that though.

Maybe we can now discuss the question I posted earlier:

Do you people think RD’s rainbow mane is real or fake? The reason I’m asking is because every other pony in the show only has only one or two mane colors (with the exception of Twilight). Rainbow is the only pony with a very large spectrum of colors (alicorns not included) in her mane, so genetically this would be near impossible. Hair dye was also made cannon in the “Ponyville Confidential” episode, so it is definitely possible for her mane colors to be fake.

And yes, I mean every pony. I checked the entire list of ponies to make sure. Twilight’s bands of color could also be fake, because she has three different colors, and they’re only bands.

Correct me if I’m wrong on any of this. And yes, I’m over-analyzing. Because it’s fun.

Or not, I’m fine with either.


Have this awesome Dash .gif

And if you think there is anything suggestive about this, that’s your own fault.


How good is Fallout: Equestria anyways? I was considering reading it, but its just very long.

Its quite possible that its fake, but I like to think its real.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!