Forums / General

195,698 total conversations in 5,388 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9,954 conversations with 194 participants

ExudesAffluence wrote:

Another of my personal favorite background ponies. Everyone calls her Lightning Bolt, but I think it’s retarded to just name her after her cutie mark. I feel like a different name would be much better.

Edit @Algernon

That might be my new favorite background pony. Unicorns are always better than Pegasi, but there are so few Unicorns that I like.

That ones my favourite as well. I’ve personally taken to calling her Cloudsprings, as with her colours she looks like a pond atop a cloud.
Noting the current topic (and I apologize for responding to a post so many pages back in the thread) I would also like some tea.

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:45PM EDT

I like how i don’t show up in this thread for a week, and i have unlimited entertainment reading the next 20 pages i missed.

This is gonna be good.

Apr 17, 2012 at 11:02PM EDT

I’ve been very busy with finals and things, hence my absence. But I thought you people would want to know they made a Pinkie theme in Fighting is Magic.

I was reading the past 2 pages to this music. I’d say it fits pretty well, given the number of slightly-less-than-sane people on this thread.

@Notch & MLP

It doesn’t really sound like he’s a brony rather than he just enjoys the show. I still shared it with my anti-brony friend (don’t worry, we get along, I just have to keep it to myself) just to laugh at his reaction.

And, of course the comments section is wild. This is why I don’t post comments on Youtube anymore. Sense just doesn’t exist in the comments section (from both ends).

@Engie

Finally, another person on here that makes sense. Twilight is best pony.

Btw, I think I may have gotten my gaming PC mostly fixed. I can play some games now, given I provide my PC enough time to boot. So I might be able to play some TF2 with you people (the semester ends Thursday for me). If I do get in a game with you guys, and I unexpectedly disconnect or stop for a second, its probably my PC.

Oddly enough, the day I fix it is the exact day my laptop that I use for school breaks beyond repair.

Last edited Apr 17, 2012 at 11:54PM EDT
Apr 17, 2012 at 11:48PM EDT

@Muffinator

Finally! An update! Ive been following that game for forever it seams!

Hmm, It seems quite a few of you agreed with Hasbro not owing us anything and being able to run themselves how they see fit. And I was worried it sounded a little too Ayn Rand’y.

Apr 18, 2012 at 12:18AM EDT

Muffins wrote:

I’ve been very busy with finals and things, hence my absence. But I thought you people would want to know they made a Pinkie theme in Fighting is Magic.

I was reading the past 2 pages to this music. I’d say it fits pretty well, given the number of slightly-less-than-sane people on this thread.

@Notch & MLP

It doesn’t really sound like he’s a brony rather than he just enjoys the show. I still shared it with my anti-brony friend (don’t worry, we get along, I just have to keep it to myself) just to laugh at his reaction.

And, of course the comments section is wild. This is why I don’t post comments on Youtube anymore. Sense just doesn’t exist in the comments section (from both ends).

@Engie

Finally, another person on here that makes sense. Twilight is best pony.

Btw, I think I may have gotten my gaming PC mostly fixed. I can play some games now, given I provide my PC enough time to boot. So I might be able to play some TF2 with you people (the semester ends Thursday for me). If I do get in a game with you guys, and I unexpectedly disconnect or stop for a second, its probably my PC.

Oddly enough, the day I fix it is the exact day my laptop that I use for school breaks beyond repair.

Another Twi-hard eh? That makes you, like the fifth one in this thread. Rarity scoffs at your feeble, ignorant minds!

Since this thread is getting pretty slow, here’s a simple, shitstorm-free (I hope) question:
“Who is your favourite pony?”

I’m going to compile everything into a nice (I hope) list or something, and yay, we’re all working together like we did back in IV with the OC pony group picture!

Last edited Apr 18, 2012 at 01:48AM EDT
Apr 18, 2012 at 01:48AM EDT

Looks like thread had a little temper tantrum in the last page. It will be fine though, these things happen and blow over.

But I’ll be honest and say that it left me feeling a bit sorry for JJ because I snapped at him. The rest of the thread seemed to follow my intensified lead…oops.

That was very out of character for me. I did post it in the morning right after I got up to go to work, I guess I’m not the most rational at that time of the day.

Err…sorry JJ

Lets switch to some good news instead.

I just received notice that my horizontal banner won the contest being run at The Pony Hub:

Hooray for Vinyl Scratch! I knew she could do it for me. I’m gunning for the $15 on steam prize.

I also entered in a vertical banner, this one here:

But I guess it didn’t beat the competition. Oh well, I’m still happy that I got results

Apr 18, 2012 at 05:46AM EDT

In the good news department, I finally figured out moving masking in After Effects.

Bad news is I accidentally exported over my source file like an idiot.

Awkward gondola rides. Couldn’t resist the Appledash joke.

Apr 18, 2012 at 07:09AM EDT

Why did I post this ?
Fluttershy that’s why.

Last edited Apr 18, 2012 at 08:50AM EDT
Apr 18, 2012 at 08:50AM EDT

badsitrep wrote:

That head bobbing is hypnotic.

Stop posting it.

JOIN US BADSITREP. SOON YOU WILL BE ONE OF US.

ONE OF US

Last edited Apr 18, 2012 at 10:58AM EDT
Apr 18, 2012 at 10:56AM EDT

I was going to post the Twilight version of that but I couldn’t find it. It’s buried too deep in the image gallery. Thanks Algernon

Those things are so attention grabbing. They are also in tune to the music I am playing right now

Last edited Apr 18, 2012 at 11:00AM EDT
Apr 18, 2012 at 11:00AM EDT

badsitrep wrote:

GODDAMN IT, STUPID SONS O-

Sleep well my sweet prince, may he never fall into his bottomless pit of beer cans again.

Apr 18, 2012 at 12:14PM EDT

Algernon wrote:

JOIN US BADSITREP. SOON YOU WILL BE ONE OF US.

ONE OF US

I just noticed that i keep swaying because of this and i can’t stop.

Help

Apr 18, 2012 at 03:23PM EDT

Some art Sibsy (one of the layout artists on the show) drew of her as a pony.
I find it insufferably cute.

Last edited Apr 18, 2012 at 03:32PM EDT
Apr 18, 2012 at 03:31PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

It seems to suit her. She doesn’t seem to be a cheery, happy, or bouncy kind of person. But she’s far from uninteresting (quite the opposite from what I’ve read from her.)

However, I know I’m going to run across some image that’s going to make me fear the 5% of the brony community that doesn’t know the line between “Oh, that’s really messed up. I didn’t want to see that.” and “Someone needs to put a restraining order on you. And personally, I don’t want you near me or people I care about.” in regards to R34.

Apr 18, 2012 at 03:41PM EDT

Verbose write:

It seems to suit her. She doesn’t seem to be a cheery, happy, or bouncy kind of person. But she’s far from uninteresting (quite the opposite from what I’ve read from her.)

You’re probably right.
I think I’d like her.
Better add “Meet Sabrina Alberghetti” to the list.

Apr 18, 2012 at 03:44PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

Who is this Sibsy you speak of?

Apr 18, 2012 at 03:47PM EDT

GIANTDAD wrote:

Who is this Sibsy you speak of?

Her.
Like I said, she’s a senior layout storyboard (I was thinking of Nayuki) artist for the show.

Apr 18, 2012 at 03:55PM EDT

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

Bronies are gonna flip shit, lol.

Last edited Apr 18, 2012 at 04:17PM EDT
Apr 18, 2012 at 04:17PM EDT

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

>yfw she’s like forty-something. I also doubt she actually did it, it’s merely a gimmick to gather attention for the fundraiser. I hope it works, too.

Oh my wat.

Last edited Apr 18, 2012 at 05:03PM EDT
Apr 18, 2012 at 04:53PM EDT

Fridge Logic wrote:

>yfw she’s like forty-something. I also doubt she actually did it, it’s merely a gimmick to gather attention for the fundraiser. I hope it works, too.

Oh my wat.

More of “Oh my epic!!!” :O

Apr 18, 2012 at 05:15PM EDT

>Doing engineering homework
>Sees problem involving a horse
>Replaces horse with Applejack

No regrets.

Last edited Apr 18, 2012 at 07:10PM EDT
Apr 18, 2012 at 07:10PM EDT

Hello guys. Oh damn, I missed tea time!

Well, it’s never late for tea

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

Humm… Do go on Mrs. Strong. Do go on….

@Twins

NOT SAYING IT IS FLUTTERSHY

BUT IT IS FLUTTERSHY

Last edited Apr 18, 2012 at 08:12PM EDT
Apr 18, 2012 at 08:11PM EDT

Just gonna leave this here.

Last edited Apr 18, 2012 at 09:18PM EDT
Apr 18, 2012 at 09:17PM EDT

@Explosive Lasers
That was a nice story

@Like a Cheese Stick
Yes, I would wear them all day everyday. On a boat? On a train? I will wear them everywhere. jk, they are nice thou.

There is also a preview of a ME3 DLC which will replace the preexisting ending.

Last edited Apr 18, 2012 at 09:56PM EDT
Apr 18, 2012 at 09:44PM EDT

I will be going to sleep now!
And ontop of that the karma here in KYM is going crazy lately I do not know why, one day it was shit loads of positive karma now there is shit loads of neggs.
Picture unrelated:

Last edited Apr 18, 2012 at 11:16PM EDT
Apr 18, 2012 at 11:15PM EDT

I’m back.
I hope I’m welcome here again. Sorry for causing such the butthurt last night.
I’m not going to start another shitstorm like that. I’m starting to see limits on these forums. Anyways, hope you guys could forgive me. Let’s all calm down and not kill each other’s karma.

And @Monty Python,
Remember our little war on silliness supremacy?
FOUND MY HOLY HAND GRENADE

Last edited Apr 18, 2012 at 11:41PM EDT
Apr 18, 2012 at 11:35PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!