Forums / Discussion / General

232,893 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9926 posts from 193 users

Cite wrote:

Well, you did it, thread. You finally broke me.
Yesterday, after that fiasco, do you want to know what I did? I cried. I honestly did. Do you know why? I had considered all of you to be my friends. And I thought we were all above ganging up on a user (in this case, Jolly Jew). So whenever I try to stand up for him, I'm downvoted and attacked for it? Why? Because I have a different opinion than you? That doesn't make any sense, and you all know it.
So when something like that happens, and the only people who bother to help me are Bob and Algie, try to think of how that felt for me. Hint: it wasn't fun.
Things like that are exactly why I am. As in, exactly why I'm such an asshole. I like to try and help people who need it, and when I do, aboosh, things like this happen. Frankly, I considered most of you to better than that, but I guess I was mistaken.
And then there's the thing with Unknown. He's dropped the Derpy thing, and you people are still downvoting him and ignoring him? What the Hell? Can we not get past mistakes someone might have made? Is that so hard?
And Dac, like Bob said (and without saying something too hurtful), you're in no position to call anyone elitist.
Either way, I'm probably going to take a break from the thread as a whole for awhile. At least a couple weeks, maybe a month, I dunno.
Please note that none of the above was meant to be taken as an angry post. That was me thoughtfully and politely trying to point out what happened and why I think it's unfair. Take it as you will, and I'm expecting downvotes.
Thank you.

It's not us regular users. We promise. We're not that butthurt and stupid. Like others have said, there aren't even enough regular posters to warrant -12 on everything. The trolls are specifically going after the same people over and over again, rather than just karma bombing every post, so to look more legit.

We all do love you, Cite. While you do get provoked a bit too easily (not like there's anything too wrong with that), overall, you're one of the coolest posters here. You're like, the Rainbow Dash of this thread (and what a suitable favourite pony). It won't be the same without you for a month.

The anti-brony trolls are trying to rip this thread apart. Don't let them get to you.

As for the culprit, call me suspicious, but keep a very close eye on Thomas Nair. As of this post, he has given out 1064 negative karma, with a total of -661, and I don't recall it being that high before.

Keep a watchful eye over anyone who has an abnormally high amount of negative karma given out. Especially from Brand New Members.

@BSOD:
Hey, don't pin all the blame on dac. While he might have accidentally set off something huge, it really only got this big because SOME INVISIBLE PONY HATERS decided to attempt to ruin our little community here by karma bombing.

Your guidelines are great, but one thing: everyone already (mostly) follows those rules.

TO YOU KARMA BOMBING TROLLS OUT THERE:
PLEASE GET THE HELL OUT OF OUR THREAD BEFORE WE ARE FORCED TO DO SOMETHING DRASTIC LIKE POST MORE PONIES. YOUR ATTEMPT HAS FAILED ALL YOUR KARMAS ARE BELONG TO US PONIES>EVERYTHING AAAAAAAAAAAAUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Now that that's over, I would like to point your attention to the fact that

I can't believe I won't be able to watch it live :(.

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 03:44AM EDT

Yay new episodes!

Does anypony know a good quality livestream which doesn't show obnoxious stuff over the ad break?

@neg karma stuff
Someone was probably downvoting with multiple accounts. IMHO the less you let it get to you the better!

@Twins

Hey, don’t pin all the blame on dac

Whoa, hold on just a second here. I didn't mean to point the finger at Dac directly. If that's how I came off, then I apologize. You are right that Dac isn't at fault for the whole thing.

What I was saying is that he created a spark with that offhand comment but what really fueled the flames was the negakarma, as I pointed out in my post.

Dac responded to JJ, Cite responded to Dac and that's where it would have ended.

But then someone negged Cite and Cite reacted to that. That's the point where the shitstorm began. As I said before, if it wasn't for the the negakarma then that wouldn't have happened

Trust me, me and opspe discussed this and we don't hold Dac responsible. Now out of respect to Dac we should probably drop the subject since he doesn't want us to bring this up anymore

@I post stuff

True words

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 05:01AM EDT

Well, I'm out for a while. My dad is making me first do yard work, and then we're all going to see The Hunger Games as a family. Unfortunately the first showing is at 11, and the movie is 142 minutes long, so I will not be able to catch the new episode and will not be returning until I see it for the sake of spoilers.

Hope you all enjoy it though!

Erin ◕ω◕ wrote:

@ I post stuff

My favourite livestream is Haxmega.
The only ad is right after you log in, and it lasts for about 15 seconds.
There's also an ad bar at the bottom, but that goes away when you put it in full screen.

Haxmega's ads go away if you have an adblock plus as well.

It's finally saturday, and you know what that means!?

New episodes, and the season finale is finally here!

New picture from Muumi! You know, since that's the most significant thing happening in the world of pony today. Right? Right!?

So have some Suika Ibuki – Applejack crossover while waiting for the final episodes. What more can I say?

Epicus The Warrior wrote:

Anyone else's waiting for the episode release on Youtube ?

This is my life. I managed to catch the live stream of the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy and part of Hearts and Hooves day. That's it.

@Muumi

I have to admit. You are one of the most skilled artist I have ever seen. Every picture you draw blows my mind every time you post them here.

Wonderful, just brilliantly wonderful…

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 01:12PM EDT

Muumi wrote:

It's finally saturday, and you know what that means!?

New episodes, and the season finale is finally here!

New picture from Muumi! You know, since that's the most significant thing happening in the world of pony today. Right? Right!?

So have some Suika Ibuki – Applejack crossover while waiting for the final episodes. What more can I say?

Have you ever considered making a drawing thread Muumi?

So. Who else exploded from awesomeness?

Edit: Gentlemen, help…I can't handle so much win….I…

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 01:21PM EDT

Here's some livestreaming

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hax-mega-s-mlp-fim-season-2-countdown HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU USE ADBLOCK
or
http://www.justin.tv/haxmega too.

Sorry, dont have the time to make a legitimate link. This one is good only if you have AdBlock or something similar.

EDIT: AHHHHHHSOMUCHGODMODEACTIVETHISISTHEBESTSHOWEVER

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 01:40PM EDT

Sunhammer wrote:

Anyone else wanna rip the spine out of Cadence right now?

I don't even think what's masquerading as that pony is Cadence as the real thing was trapped with Twilight.

Episode was fucking fantastic.

-Dat SIBSY IN THE BACKGROUND
-DAT LYRA SPEAKING!
-DAT LUNA
-DAT EPIC VILLAIN SONG I ALWAYS WANTED!
-DAT VILLAIN
-DAT CELESTIA

I couldn't tell at the end what color Vinyl's eyes were since I was on Haxmega's stream and its a little on the low quality for poor connections like myself.

This episode gets a 9.9/10 from me. The ONLY flaw is

LUNA! Y U NO FIGHT IN BATTLE?

Seriously, all they had to do was show her trapped with Celestia o the Ceiling. It could be fucking off screen, I really don't care! DON'T JUST HAVE HER SHOW UP AT THE END WITH A "What'd I miss?"

burning_phoneix wrote:

-DAT LYRA SPEAKING!
-DAT LUNA
-DAT VILLAIN
-DAT CELESTIA

I couldn't tell at the end what color Vinyl's eyes were since I was on Haxmega's stream and its a little on the low quality for poor connections like myself.

Seriously, all they had to do was show her trapped with Celestia o the Ceiling. It could be fucking off screen, I really don't care! DON'T JUST HAVE HER SHOW UP AT THE END WITH A "What'd I miss?"

She was on night duty. Meaning she was catching some Zs, speaking of which I think I'l do the same.

burning_phoneix wrote:

-DAT LYRA SPEAKING!
-DAT LUNA
-DAT VILLAIN
-DAT CELESTIA

Well Luna was most likely sleeping because she is the mare of the night (Ii.e. she slept through the entire battle some how).

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 02:06PM EDT

I don't really get that Luna was asleep. Her sister took care of Equestria for a thousand years on her own. Couldn't she just stayed up for a few more hours to catch a HUGE wedding?

EDIT: Also, isn't kind of hard to sleep through a huge battle?

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 02:07PM EDT

That was the best thing ever.

Those two episodes are now my favorite. Period. They were perfect in ever way. Good singing, good characters, good villains, a nice twist, lots of development, and no flaws.

I take it I'm not the only one that saw the 'Beauty and the Beast' reference near the end, or the one that was singing 'AND THAT'S THE POWER OF LOVE!' during it?

Good god, that made my day week month life.

LOL Disney ending.

Very well done finale Studio B although you did take some cues from old Walt himself. Then again all art is the derivative of the same thing: Emotion

On the badsitrep legendary scale of cynicalism: I give this a 10/11.

Y no 11? WE MOAR WOONA.
I would recommend any family watch this with their son or daughter. Fight scenes, great songs, interesting twists and emotion-stirring execution.

Also, this makes me want to have an FiM movie.

DO IT FAGGOTS

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 02:10PM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

I don't really get that Luna was asleep. Her sister took care of Equestria for a thousand years on her own. Couldn't she just stayed up for a few more hours to catch a HUGE wedding?

EDIT: Also, isn't kind of hard to sleep through a huge battle?

Guess Luna's just a ridiculously heavy sleeper.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!