Forums / General

195,574 total conversations in 5,382 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9,954 conversations with 194 participants

They sure look red to me.

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.

They don’t actually kiss, it would seem. This is about as close as they get.

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 08:45PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 08:36PM EDT
Quote

I only thought of the orks when I first seen the diamond dogs…

AND IT FINALLY CAME TO REALITY IN A DRAWING! yay~!

Apr 21, 2012 at 08:45PM EDT
Quote

I just thought…
If the changelings change into whatever they want and feed off the power of that person’s love for power, and all those changelings in the episode changed into the Mane 6….

Then doesn’t that mean ALL of the MLP Mane 6 ships are true?

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 08:53PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 08:53PM EDT
Quote

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

I just thought…
If the changelings change into whatever they want and feed off the power of that person’s love for power, and all those changelings in the episode changed into the Mane 6….

Then doesn’t that mean ALL of the MLP Mane 6 ships are true?

Apr 21, 2012 at 08:56PM EDT
Quote


That episode kicked so much ass it got a bunch of holes in it’s feet! (useewhatididther?!)

No, but seriously, this is simply the best 2-part episode yet, as much as I love ‘Return of Harmony’ this one had just so much going for it.

We had:
- Three great songs, two of which had continuations.
- More characters.
- More filly Twilight. :D
- A cool-ass new villain. (Chrysalis was it? We’re going with Chrysalis, she doesn’t really have a canon name.)
- AN HONEST TO GOD VILLAIN SONG that rivaled some of Disney’s best! (seriously, new fav)
- Celestia throwing down and being pure awesome!
- AN HONEST TO GOD FIGHT SCENE!
- A couple awesome Luna cameos.
- Official canonization of Vinyl’s eye color? Umm… ok I guess that’s something.

Now compared to the previous two-parter this one blows it away. It was a lot better put together in terms of pacing, had a surprising amount of really powerful drama, and some legitimate action scenes. I don’t think it was as funny, but then it’s pretty hard to beat the discorded mane 6 in that department.

One thing I should mention, as far as villains go Discord’s still on top of my list. Chrysalis has a really cool design and a kick-ass song, but in terms of personality… she’s kinda just a more interesting version of Nightmare Moon. Regardless, she now occupies the number two spot on my list of villains I would LOVE to see again!

Apr 21, 2012 at 08:57PM EDT
Quote

Gigatoast wrote:


That episode kicked so much ass it got a bunch of holes in it’s feet! (useewhatididther?!)

No, but seriously, this is simply the best 2-part episode yet, as much as I love ‘Return of Harmony’ this one had just so much going for it.

We had:
- Three great songs, two of which had continuations.
- More characters.
- More filly Twilight. :D
- A cool-ass new villain. (Chrysalis was it? We’re going with Chrysalis, she doesn’t really have a canon name.)
- AN HONEST TO GOD VILLAIN SONG that rivaled some of Disney’s best! (seriously, new fav)
- Celestia throwing down and being pure awesome!
- AN HONEST TO GOD FIGHT SCENE!
- A couple awesome Luna cameos.
- Official canonization of Vinyl’s eye color? Umm… ok I guess that’s something.

Now compared to the previous two-parter this one blows it away. It was a lot better put together in terms of pacing, had a surprising amount of really powerful drama, and some legitimate action scenes. I don’t think it was as funny, but then it’s pretty hard to beat the discorded mane 6 in that department.

One thing I should mention, as far as villains go Discord’s still on top of my list. Chrysalis has a really cool design and a kick-ass song, but in terms of personality… she’s kinda just a more interesting version of Nightmare Moon. Regardless, she now occupies the number two spot on my list of villains I would LOVE to see again!

Three things:
1. Chrysalis is canon
2. IKR THAT WAS HONEST TO GOD AMAZING
3. Disney stole the epic villain song idea from MLP.

Also, Queen Chrysalis. Princess Celestia.

Changelings are simultaneously the cutest and most awesome things I’ve ever seen (next to Rainbow Dash).

Apr 21, 2012 at 09:06PM EDT
Quote

mfw the episode was done and season 2 was over.

mfw I watched today’s legend of korra episode that I totally forgot about until I saw ign’s review

My little what now? Sorry, I’m too busy trying to recover from the awesomeness that is legend of korra.

Seriously though, I love MLP, but if you haven’t seen that show yet, fucking watch it. It is awesome, nick.com has the episodes.

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 09:11PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 09:07PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

mfw the episode was done and season 2 was over.

mfw I watched today’s legend of korra episode that I totally forgot about until I saw ign’s review

My little what now? Sorry, I’m too busy trying to recover from the awesomeness that is legend of korra.

Seriously though, I love MLP, but if you haven’t seen that show yet, fucking watch it. It is awesome, nick.com has the episodes.

>implying legend of korra is better than MLP in Pony General

Apr 21, 2012 at 09:11PM EDT
Quote

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

>implying legend of korra is better than MLP in Pony General

Hey, I’m just saying that the pony drought won’t be that hard after all. Now, is that such a bad thing? Trust me, you won’t be so sad about the ponyless weekends when you have Korra to fill the void.

Apr 21, 2012 at 09:20PM EDT
Quote

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Three things:
1. Chrysalis is canon
2. IKR THAT WAS HONEST TO GOD AMAZING
3. Disney stole the epic villain song idea from MLP.

Also, Queen Chrysalis. Princess Celestia.

Changelings are simultaneously the cutest and most awesome things I’ve ever seen (next to Rainbow Dash).

Is it just me, or did the ending kinda remind me of the Little Mermaid?

I mean look at it:

- The male love-interest is possessed by a changing creature (Chrysalis/Ursula) via a trait that the female character had originally (Cadence’s looks/Ariel’s voice).

- Both times the female role(s) is subdued by the villian and efforts seemingly are hopeless, even after changing creature reveals herself (Chrysalis stopping Celestia and also the changelings subduing the Mane 6/Ursula taking Ariel hostage and forcing Trident to give in, plus spoiling any rescue attempt

-The male role is snapped out of his trance and eventually defeats the villain, driven by love of the female (Shining Armor and Cadence use love to subdue Crysalis/Eric rams a boat into Ursula to free Ariel and Trident)

BUT IT TWAS AWESOME WITHOUT A DOUBT

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 09:27PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 09:27PM EDT
Quote

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

Is it just me, or did the ending kinda remind me of the Little Mermaid?

I mean look at it:

- The male love-interest is possessed by a changing creature (Chrysalis/Ursula) via a trait that the female character had originally (Cadence’s looks/Ariel’s voice).

- Both times the female role(s) is subdued by the villian and efforts seemingly are hopeless, even after changing creature reveals herself (Chrysalis stopping Celestia and also the changelings subduing the Mane 6/Ursula taking Ariel hostage and forcing Trident to give in, plus spoiling any rescue attempt

-The male role is snapped out of his trance and eventually defeats the villain, driven by love of the female (Shining Armor and Cadence use love to subdue Crysalis/Eric rams a boat into Ursula to free Ariel and Trident)

BUT IT TWAS AWESOME WITHOUT A DOUBT

There were definitely similarities, I noticed that. Still, it was different enough to feel fresh (after all, Chrysalis still has her intestines intact).

By the way, I made this for science:

That’s all I’m gonna do, don’t worry! I still think it looks like a coincidence, but it’s open to interpretation.

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 09:41PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 09:40PM EDT
Quote

Millennial Dan wrote:

There were definitely similarities, I noticed that. Still, it was different enough to feel fresh (after all, Chrysalis still has her intestines intact).

By the way, I made this for science:

That’s all I’m gonna do, don’t worry! I still think it looks like a coincidence, but it’s open to interpretation.

Oh it was awesome and fresh without a doubt. It helped especially getting over (don’t judge me) the stupid ending of the last season of Star Wars: the Clone Wars.
Geroge Lucas continued to rustle my jimmies there…

Apr 21, 2012 at 09:45PM EDT
Quote

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

And you know what the startling thing is? We saw that Queen Chrysalis has powers of persuasion, even brainwashing. That’s how they keep you from noticing! They alter your perceptions so that you don’t think anything’s weird! And since they secretly feed off of affection, they have to impersonate ponies. It all makes so much sense, it’s crazy.

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 10:08PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 10:06PM EDT
Quote


Pinkie’s part of this gif always crack me up because of that freaking fart noise in the show!
OMG it’s killing me here!

Time for some cake!:

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 10:20PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 10:19PM EDT
Quote

God, can you guys try to not fill up three whole pages I have to muck my way through? Anyway, just finished like half an hour ago (then had to wade through the thread) and unsurprisingly my opinion is no different from anyone else’s. Honestly, the only issue I had were a couple nitpickings with the animation, which seemed a bit stiff or just weird in a few places. Technical stuff, didn’t diminish from anything. Maybe it’s just because I’m working on becoming a complete asshole about animation.

@Kissing scene

I’ll give it to you, the audio’s there, and I’d trust the audio before I’d trust what you argue happened in a sequence of only a handful of frames. I don’t really agree with the whole “French / Canadian greeting” thing, since if I were in a fight like that I wouldn’t take the time to shake someone’s hand, even if they weren’t my best friend from Flight School that I’d known my whole life. Probably (hopefully) just someone entertaining themselves. I’ll not think much of it.

@Team Rocket

For once I noticed a shoutout while watching the episodes and not from reading comments / post-broadcast conversations!

@Songs

Nothing that hasn’t already been said. Great songs.

@Vinyl’s eyes

Honestly, they’re red enough. I’ve not the desire to have some great debate over whether they’re purple or red or magenta or red or purple. The fact they brought her back and the fact she took off her glasses for a fleeting moment and the fact that she had vaguely red eyes is enough for me.

So yeah, a bit Slowpoke on catching up on the episode. If you’ll excuse me I was meeting the Deputy Inspector General of the Air Force. BUT I HAVE RETURNED. And I have a computer nao and am not using my phone, so good news.

Edit – I’ve missed the actual conversations and now it’s just reaction images. sigh

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 10:30PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 10:23PM EDT
Quote

Anyone else see this yesterday

and thought of it after hearing her talk today?

My mind was so full of fuck lol.

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 10:27PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 10:25PM EDT
Quote

Teh Brawler wrote:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I LOVED this 2 parter! AND I WANT TO GET MARRIED NOW

I’m actually engaged.

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:28PM EDT
Quote

Iamslow wrote:

Anyone else see this yesterday

and thought of it after hearing her talk today?

My mind was so full of fuck lol.

Her voice was pretty much what I imagined (even though ti’s so it to be. Maybe I was expecting a little higher pitch, but it was otherwise bang-on.

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:29PM EDT
Quote

Iamslow wrote:

Anyone else see this yesterday

and thought of it after hearing her talk today?

My mind was so full of fuck lol.


Apr 21, 2012 at 10:32PM EDT
Quote

- Unicorns marry through cockrings.
- This makes it impossible for earth ponies and pegasi to marry.
- Their horns touched (wink wink, nudge nudge).
- Fanart of the wedding night.

Thoughts implanted, now we only have to wait.


As for Vinyl’s eyes:

Dunno if everyone’s here’s colorblind, but they seem purple (magenta) to me. Just because you think they’re red, doesn’t make them red. Don’t let your fanon see canon differently than it really is. Hasbro makes the show remember, not you.

We can all pretty much confirm they’re far from the red the fanart commonly makes them. So don’t let you mind play games on you.

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 10:55PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 10:35PM EDT
Quote

Holy freaking crap, we seriously got through 3 pages in, like, an hour? I’ll read everything later, I have a bit of a headache right now.

I couldn’t watch the episode live because I was very busy moving. I checked out at 9:30, but I found out I couldn’t check in to my apartment (I have an apartment now) until 5 PM. So while you people were watching the episode, the entire time I was doing grueling manual labor like gutting fish, mowing lawns, and pruning a stupid apple tree for 3 straight hours (thats for the tree alone). It’s a long story.


Anyways, my thoughts on the episode:

best episode ever best episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode ever best episode ever best episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode ever best episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode ever best episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode ever best episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode everbest episode ever best episode
I don’t really need to say much in order to show how awesome this episode was.

More Twilight Sparkle is always a good thing. Also, awesome background story. And yes, I cried at the second BBBFF song thing.
Animation, as always, is getting better.
The dual-Cadence musical number was the best in the entire show. Seriously, nothing can top that. The rest was pretty good too.
More Luna.
Colgate, Lyra, and that other pony I forgot spoke.
DJ PON-3 returns
Celestia was a badass
New villain was a badass.
Awesome evil army.

And a slew of other reasons I probably forgot about. I am a bit worried about the violence in the episode, but it was nothing serious. Hopefully, nothing too bad arises.

For an entire month, I desperately avoided every spoiler that was released. And it was all worth it. I’d post an image or something, but I need to take a nap. I was in the sun for over 7 hours straight. That’s like, 500x my previous record.


And I didn’t catch Derpy at all during the episodes. I’ll find out later.

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 10:50PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 10:42PM EDT
Quote

Well, tis a time and half. Today was very, very awesome. We saw a couple get married, we got a new type of villain introduced, we heard Lyra speak, we saw Luna cameos, we saw some more DERPY, we saw PON-3/Vinyl Scratch take off her glasses (magneta!), we may or may not have had a lesbian moment with FlutterDash, and we basically had a lot of fun and enjoyment the whole time.
Sure, there was a concern about what was going to happen regarding that
Rainbow Dash/ Fluttershy thing, but it’ll probably breeze over. Lets keep a look out though.

Either way, we had a good day, and I feel its ready for us bronies to have an after party:





I’ll hang around for a bit longer, but lets all have a good night everyone!


Heck, lets have the entire song!

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 10:51PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 10:45PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

- Unicorns marry through cockrings.
- This makes it impossible for earth ponies and pegasi to marry.
- Their horns touched (wink wink, nudge nudge).
- Fanart of the wedding night.

Thoughts implanted, now we only have to wait.


As for Vinyl’s eyes:

Dunno if everyone’s here’s colorblind, but they seem purple (magenta) to me. Just because you think they’re red, doesn’t make them red. Don’t let your fanon see canon differently than it really is. Hasbro makes the show remember, not you.

We can all pretty much confirm they’re far from the red the fanart commonly makes them. So don’t let you mind play games on you.

Yeah Random, you said it all.

Wedding rings are too maisntream. Cockrings are the new thing!

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:46PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

- Unicorns marry through cockrings.
- This makes it impossible for earth ponies and pegasi to marry.
- Their horns touched (wink wink, nudge nudge).
- Fanart of the wedding night.

Thoughts implanted, now we only have to wait.


As for Vinyl’s eyes:

Dunno if everyone’s here’s colorblind, but they seem purple (magenta) to me. Just because you think they’re red, doesn’t make them red. Don’t let your fanon see canon differently than it really is. Hasbro makes the show remember, not you.

We can all pretty much confirm they’re far from the red the fanart commonly makes them. So don’t let you mind play games on you.

Kinda preachy, but I’ll concede the point. I’d say they’re the magenta we see here. Which is still decently close to fanart; I mean, it’s not blue or anything.

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:48PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

- Unicorns marry through cockrings.
- This makes it impossible for earth ponies and pegasi to marry.
- Their horns touched (wink wink, nudge nudge).
- Fanart of the wedding night.

Thoughts implanted, now we only have to wait.


As for Vinyl’s eyes:

Dunno if everyone’s here’s colorblind, but they seem purple (magenta) to me. Just because you think they’re red, doesn’t make them red. Don’t let your fanon see canon differently than it really is. Hasbro makes the show remember, not you.

We can all pretty much confirm they’re far from the red the fanart commonly makes them. So don’t let you mind play games on you.

I’m curious as to why the fandom portrayed horns as dicks.

Seriously, last I checked, my dick didn’t shoot lasers. Well… except for that ONE time.

And, for earth ponies and pegasi: Necklaces and bracelets. Works just as well.

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:48PM EDT
Quote

@Vinyls eyes

Magenta


Anyway throughout this whole episode I was pretty much thinking this:

Zerg Changeling: CANON!

…Yea, I play Starcraft too much


Also I’m glad I wasn’t the only one wondering where the hell Luna was the entire time. Celestia must have been pissed when she finally shows up and asks “What have I missed?”

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 10:54PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 10:50PM EDT
Quote

Millennial Dan wrote:

Kinda preachy, but I’ll concede the point. I’d say they’re the magenta we see here. Which is still decently close to fanart; I mean, it’s not blue or anything.

Magenta, purple. Pretty much the same, yet both are far from red.

Too bored to go into detail about the difference in color.


@Explosive Lasers

No idea why the fandom goes with that, but it sure made this episode funny as hell.

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 10:51PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 10:51PM EDT
Quote

@random

Yeah, her eyes look purple to me, too. Or at least definitely not red. The video twins posted gives you the clearest look at them.

Also, this is neat. See the one in the middle? Can’t tell if changeling captian… or just armored changeling…

So many hugs today lol.

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 11:04PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 10:53PM EDT
Quote

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

I’m curious as to why the fandom portrayed horns as dicks.

Seriously, last I checked, my dick didn’t shoot lasers. Well… except for that ONE time.

And, for earth ponies and pegasi: Necklaces and bracelets. Works just as well.

I’ve managed to deactivate lasers on at will once, but I’ve never had control over firing them.

@Eyes

For Celestia’s sake, they’re close enough.

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 10:59PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 10:58PM EDT
Quote

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

I’m curious as to why the fandom portrayed horns as dicks.

Seriously, last I checked, my dick didn’t shoot lasers. Well… except for that ONE time.

And, for earth ponies and pegasi: Necklaces and bracelets. Works just as well.

Oh man, that gif became so awkward suddenly.

Apr 21, 2012 at 11:00PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Vinyls eyes

Magenta


Anyway throughout this whole episode I was pretty much thinking this:

Zerg Changeling: CANON!

…Yea, I play Starcraft too much


Also I’m glad I wasn’t the only one wondering where the hell Luna was the entire time. Celestia must have been pissed when she finally shows up and asks “What have I missed?”

Zerg=Tyranids.
I REST MY CASE TIME TO GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY!!

Apr 21, 2012 at 11:02PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

Oh man, that gif became so awkward suddenly.

This picture of Wild Fire is (barely) relevant. v

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 11:08PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 11:07PM EDT
Quote

Millennial Dan wrote:

This picture of Wild Fire is (barely) relevant. v

No, it is very relevant.

Apr 21, 2012 at 11:09PM EDT
Quote

God damn, that friggen’ kiss scene has put Rule 34 on the trending. Not sure if that’s the case, but this is the 2+2 my mind has put together.

Also, am I the only one who cares that The Living Tombstone put out a new song today? Or are we above that sort of thing?

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 11:26PM EDT
Apr 21, 2012 at 11:22PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!