Forums / Discussion / General

232,636 total conversations in 7,777 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Internet Scientist Mike Rugnetta is Back!

Last posted Feb 22, 2012 at 02:57AM EST. Added Feb 21, 2012 at 01:31PM EST
14 posts from 12 users

Our beloved Internet Scientist Mike Rugnetta has returned to Know Your Meme after completing field work in some of the darkest corners of the Internet and is sharing his findings with us!

Check out his latest blog post "The Defensive Internet", which takes a look at various web community reactions to recent online censorship efforts led by organizations like the MPAA and RIAA.

Last edited Feb 21, 2012 at 02:32PM EST

MDFification wrote:

Well, obviously anyone who joined a year ago or less doesn't.
He's from back in the day where your average user did more documenting and less random forum posting.

That was like 4 years ago man.

Mike wrote:

Hey Team, glad to be back! Hopefully this is the first of many, and more importantly hopefully this and the stuff to come will inspire some real conversation. <3

Glad to have you back.

PAR-TAY!

It's very nice of you ask (and have hopes!), but probably not. Production has moved to the Cheez team in Seattle; I'm still located in NYC. Someday me and the other scientists emeritus might show up again, but don't anyone go holding their breath. Until then, you'll have to make due with hearing my thoughts about the Internet in not-video form. :-)

Mike wrote:

It's very nice of you ask (and have hopes!), but probably not. Production has moved to the Cheez team in Seattle; I'm still located in NYC. Someday me and the other scientists emeritus might show up again, but don't anyone go holding their breath. Until then, you'll have to make due with hearing my thoughts about the Internet in not-video form. :-)

We all miss your mustache.

Also, welcome back, it's great to have you around.

I really enjoy your first article. I'm going to give it a second read through and maybe put some commentary up on it in a while.

'lo! You must login or signup first!