Forums / Discussion / General

232,813 total conversations in 7,783 threads

+ New Thread

Dreams General

Last posted Mar 10, 2012 at 11:54PM EST. Added Feb 27, 2012 at 01:12PM EST
61 posts from 31 users

So I had this really weird dream last night that CBC took place IRL in a haunted hotel. There were three teams and every one of them had a different task. One of them was actually trying to contact one of the ghosts or whatever and Suiseiseki was in charge of doing it. I wasn't participating, I was hanging out in the lobby doing research on something and then a phone started ringing and apparently the ghost had abducted Suiseiseki and no one could find him. It got very uncomfortable because no one knew what we would tell his parents.

then i woke up

post about weird dreams

I was shucking corn in my brother's room, except the corn was dead for it had dirt inside it and the kernels fell off the husk.

My dad actually interpreted it and said that the room I was in represented my childhood since it used to be my room back then. The corn represented the F.O.P. Corn Roast in Benton Harbor that my family used to go to every year up until 2000. The fact that the corn was like it was represents that my childhood is dead.

I had a weird dream that I was sitting in a fancy restaurant with Shao Kahn, Link, Ezio Auditore, Green Lantern, Derpy Hooves, and Freddy Kreuger. We had Liu Kang as our waiter and we were all talking about how are we going to kill the Batman

Last edited Feb 27, 2012 at 03:34PM EST

Here's one I had on…checks log…October 6, 2010. This is typical of the strange shit that I dream about.

At Granville Island (a place in Vancouver), looking west, with no city or mountains visible to the right. Seeing an East-West elevated Skytrain (rapid transit in Vancouver) line heading under the bridge. Following it past the tourist area, and out to a shipping port. Following a road along the south side of a huge rail yard, at sea level. Looking to the right and seeing a Sounder train (commuter train from Seattle). Continuing on the road until it reaches an on-ramp for a freeway in the woods. Continuing on the freeway around several hairpin turns, heading North, up a slope. Seeing various cutoffs for brakes and headlight testing. Noticing that a footpath is following the freeway on the right. Coming to a hairpin that is curving to the left, and going straight along the footpath, which branches off eastbound. Continuing on the path, noticing it getting narrower and narrower, until it suddenly comes out onto a steep grassy slope with lots of rock rims. Doing a switchback and heading further up the ridge, until seeing a talking eagle. The eagle tells me that I must find a specific ore that was left on the ridge’s summit and that I must collect it and return it to whoever left it there, or God would destroy reality. Going to the summit, and seeing many types of rock. Crushing one sample; the pulverized rock looks like salmonberries, but it is the wrong type. Trying a few others until finally choosing the correct one, a black dense rock that does not break easily. Getting a mini-steamroller and pulverizing the rock. Collecting the powder in a tub while trying not to fall off the cliff face on the north. Seeing a buggy coming filled with enemies, who turn out to be First Nations angry that I was taking their sacred rock. Fleeing down the hill, leaving the tub with the powder behind, but taking a small sample with me. Arriving at the Chem building (at my university), and investigating what the ore sample was; WO•6H2O (tungsten oxide hexahydrate). Seeing various new functions in the building, including an Osmosis Lab.

Since you liked that one so much, have another. This is from May 5, 2011, and is even weirder than before.

Finding a spherical safe zone on a rural road and entering it with the “chosen” people. Believing the sphere will protect us and only us from the impending end of the world. Surviving outside attacks and attempts to penetrate the sphere. Noticing robots that have snuck into the sphere, and destroying them. Night falling. Turning off the lights to look at the 360° view. On one side, a spectacular view of Vancouver’s skyline and the North Shore Mountains on a sunny day. On the other side, a spectacular view from a moon orbiting a gas giant. Seeing green streaks parallel to the planet’s diagonal rings. After further invasions, realizing there are only five of “us” left. Seeing traffic on the road, and a truck sweeps through the sphere killing one, another truck kills another person; three are left. Noticing that entering and exiting the sphere is becoming easier, and that the sphere itself is becoming visible as a faint purple glow. Seeing a black crack forming on the ceiling, and realizing all at once that a black hole is forming inside the sphere. Realizing that the black hole is forming because the outside world is undisturbed. Escaping the sphere, but the other two not being so lucky. Running after them, as one gets trapped in a matter vortex. Managing to pull them out as the sphere implodes.

Yeah. Fun times. I like sleeping.

A man walks toward a girl kneeling on the ground in the middle of a forest. Another girl rushes to help, but the man throws her into a tree, which explodes. He throws two shuriken at her. One hits her in her breastbone, and she slumps further, causing the second shuriken to nick her shoulder and fly off. He draws two more, and prepares to kill her, when the shuriken that nicked the girl's shoulder comes back, and hits him square in the chest. He falls down, and the girl gets up, dripping blood from her breast. She coughs into her hand, and a drop of blood comes out. She throws the droplet at the man, and it hits him on the tip of his finger. The blood turns waxen, and a waxy substance grows to start covering his hand and arm. The girl walks over to where the other girl's charred and smoking body lies. She coughs into her hand again, and tosses the blood onto the fallen girl's body. This blood turns golden, and begins spreading across the girl's body, lighting small golden flames as it spreads.

Then I wake up. How's that?

I had a dream me and my friend were in a nazi prison camp, we escaped then there was a dark neighbor hood full off cougars and bears.
then I woke up.
inb4 someone talks about a creepypasta dream.
nevermind

Last edited Feb 27, 2012 at 06:20PM EST

I am at a train station. There is a limited number of people around. I see a fat man with bulging, uneven eyes, and he looks so unbearably wrong to me that I slice him to death. I run away and board what counts as a “train,” despite it having no walls and no one driving it. What I stand on is a metal platform, which moves automatically out of the station. I hear a chainsaw behind me. I turn around, but my view is blocked by a wall. Seconds later, I see that a man has sawn himself out of the belly of a giant pig, and he heaves the carcass into the abyss below. I look ahead. The train moves faster, and the tunnel starts distorting around my head. There are mutated human bodies, red and decapitated, hanging from metal hooks ahead of me.
I make my escape, jumping into the next station. There is a limited number of people, and it terrifies me. I am approached by a train station worker, who gives me a small bag, saying “For you, the emperor.” For some reason I apologize to him. A train conductor is headed my way. He has the same Innsmouthian look as the man I killed. “At last I have found you, the emperor,” he says. I say, “Let us speak our language!” We gibber incoherently.
That is when I woke up, at 6:28 AM.

Sigmund FreudMAN wrote:

Oh boy! It sound like you've got daddy issues. Does this sound familiar?
But you know what they say…. When life gives you dicks… you make combustible dicks.

But my dad was a sea-goat.

I had a dream where I was flying, then I woke up and flew. There's really nothing better than being a pterodactyl.

in the hoppip over the sea wrote:

I am at a train station. There is a limited number of people around. I see a fat man with bulging, uneven eyes, and he looks so unbearably wrong to me that I slice him to death. I run away and board what counts as a “train,” despite it having no walls and no one driving it. What I stand on is a metal platform, which moves automatically out of the station. I hear a chainsaw behind me. I turn around, but my view is blocked by a wall. Seconds later, I see that a man has sawn himself out of the belly of a giant pig, and he heaves the carcass into the abyss below. I look ahead. The train moves faster, and the tunnel starts distorting around my head. There are mutated human bodies, red and decapitated, hanging from metal hooks ahead of me.
I make my escape, jumping into the next station. There is a limited number of people, and it terrifies me. I am approached by a train station worker, who gives me a small bag, saying “For you, the emperor.” For some reason I apologize to him. A train conductor is headed my way. He has the same Innsmouthian look as the man I killed. “At last I have found you, the emperor,” he says. I say, “Let us speak our language!” We gibber incoherently.
That is when I woke up, at 6:28 AM.

Anybody can tell me where this is from gets 2 gold stars.

Craziest dream I ever had when I was like 7 and I can somehow remember every detail:

[1st person] I was in a meadow. I fell off a cliff and landed in Mushroom Land. I walked for a bit and went into my house. On the front yard was a kiddie pool with a big fish and a woman. The fish bit the woman's leg and they walked off. I went inside and found Yoshi breaking antique dishes (I don't even have antique dishes). I went outside again and Jesus was trying to make a planet in the sky (think that one Jimmy Neutron episode) crash into Earth. I ran away and found myself [3rd person] in a burning village. I turned into Luigi and jumped on top of a house and saved some random girl. We both got in a hot rod and I turned into a dragon [1st person]. I drove down a roller coaster track to save the world from the guy who was mind controlling Jesus. I crashed through the wall of some factory and ran up the wall of the other side, did a backflip, and gained 700 bonus points. I shot a few guys with my finger and went into an elevator to the main floor. When the doors opened, a pig in Buzz Lightyear gear was waiting for me.
He shot me with a laser pistol and I woke up with sleep paralysis.

I had a dream that turned into a night terror, woke up sweating and had to sleep in my living room with all the lights and TV on.
Not fun.
>my mother says I talk in my sleep, mostly swearing. and I used to sleep walk.

Last edited Feb 27, 2012 at 09:02PM EST

I HATE night terrors… I couldn't even sit still one night. I had to walk in circles in my room, with the lights on, but the lights seemed dark. For some reason the sensation of pointiness, like scissors and pencils, was plaguing me… not a fun night… Slendy, I feel for you.

dravitar wrote:

I HATE night terrors… I couldn't even sit still one night. I had to walk in circles in my room, with the lights on, but the lights seemed dark. For some reason the sensation of pointiness, like scissors and pencils, was plaguing me… not a fun night… Slendy, I feel for you.

Well, let's start.

So I woke up in this old shed. Don't know why it's a shed, but hey, it's a dream. Everything seems normal, just walking around. For some weird reason I hear this really weird wind outside, not weird as in spooky or something. But like it blows really hard. Suddenly zombies start crawling out of the hay (I didn't really mind this, cuz zombies). So like I said before, it was an old shed. So basically I didn't really had a way to arm myself. I climbed up some ladders, while kicking some zombies back down. Upstairs I find a rake, which I'm using to keep the ladder clear of zombies. Suddenly there are also zombies upstairs, don't ask me where they came from. After that I was pushed into a corner, although I was able to beat down some more zombies. For some reason scene switch, was on a graveyard. Guess the dream was making the scenery more fitting. But it was also good, as I was no longer upstairs in a corner. So I started running, beating down zombies along the way. I see some fence in the distance. Running towards it and breaking through it. Behind it is a hill. Unprepared of it, I can't hold my footing. So there I was, dropping my weapon, rolling down the hilling. Spaghetti falls out of my pocket. Those shorts were never comfy again.

Last edited Feb 27, 2012 at 10:14PM EST

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."

RandomMan wrote:

Well, let's start.

So I woke up in this old shed. Don't know why it's a shed, but hey, it's a dream. Everything seems normal, just walking around. For some weird reason I hear this really weird wind outside, not weird as in spooky or something. But like it blows really hard. Suddenly zombies start crawling out of the hay (I didn't really mind this, cuz zombies). So like I said before, it was an old shed. So basically I didn't really had a way to arm myself. I climbed up some ladders, while kicking some zombies back down. Upstairs I find a rake, which I'm using to keep the ladder clear of zombies. Suddenly there are also zombies upstairs, don't ask me where they came from. After that I was pushed into a corner, although I was able to beat down some more zombies. For some reason scene switch, was on a graveyard. Guess the dream was making the scenery more fitting. But it was also good, as I was no longer upstairs in a corner. So I started running, beating down zombies along the way. I see some fence in the distance. Running towards it and breaking through it. Behind it is a hill. Unprepared of it, I can't hold my footing. So there I was, dropping my weapon, rolling down the hilling. Spaghetti falls out of my pocket. Those shorts were never comfy again.

For those who still don't get it.

It's just a Spaghetti Story, nothing of it is true.

So I had dream when I was having a romantic dinner with a girl I had a crush on. When I was about to propose a marriage, somehow OUT OF F***ING NOWHERE, Usher crashed in and sang this quote, "Oh~ my~ God~". I immediately woke up with my eyes wide open saying, "What. The. F***?!"

It still haunts me till this day…

I had this dream a few nights ago:

I was driving one of those trucks that suck crap from portable toilets across United States-Canada border.

I started driving from Canada to US, while in the US I was stalked by a bunch of people who stopped moving every time I turned around and If u didnt turn around fast enough, one of them would cling to you. I got rid of the last stalker-guy and finally sucked shit from some portable toilets.

As I was driving back across to Canada, I was told that I cannot drive a truck full of crap in Canada until it was inspected. And the inspection station is 35 miles down south. So I got out of the truck, put it on my shoulders and carried it to the inspection station.

Then I woke up, thinking "what the fuck was that".

Weirdest dream I ever had.

Well I got to tell you this…
When I went to sleep…I woke up in a pod with a oxygen mask on me and the liquid around me seemed to be water. I saw a lever, I pulled it and the water drained and let me out…I was butt naked (Inb4 Slendy)… When I got out of the pod, I realized how fucking massive the room I was in, it was so huge I felt overwhelmed. I fell on my butt. Then got up and started to walk around, there were pods EVERYWHERE! (Thinking this ship could hold millions or possible billions of people) In rows and huge towering thick columns…I then saw a near the column I came from, there was a map or something by it….it was a map of a…ship…a massive space ship, I guess from how large it is and how much of this enormous room which is seemingly endless. I think I was on a sleeper ship of some sort, the teleporter even gave me a list of locations I can go to on the ship, I saw the bridge of the ship on the map. I had the teleporter to take me there, it spoke in a voice of an A.I. (obviously female voice of course), turns out it's the A.I. system of the ship itself, it was on autopilot when I got on the bridge, and the crew and caption where in pods as well on the bridge. But I guess what eve destination the ship was going towards, it would automatically wake up the crew and captain as well. However, I figured out after watching recordings that the computer had on it, it showed me that earth along with the rest of the solar gotten destroyed by the sun when it finally exploded, and this was not the only sleeper ship as well…there was others, but this one was the only one that was able to survive and escape. Even then, there was still lots of people on earth when the sun died..It was a horrific sight. I decided I had enough of this and teleported back to the sleeping chambers or what ever they are called, and get back into my pod. Computer told me to put on my oxygen mask before it had to fill the tank back up with water, after it did, it told me that it will be sending me back into "sleep mode" and a cord or something with a needle hooked up to the back of my neck (which had some sort of metal hole to begin with, which I did not notice till the end), it was painful but I surely passed out, then I woke up hearing my alarm clock going off…it was another school, morning but with a aching pain at the back of my neck… I was like sitting there going…"Was…was that real?" I kept this shit to myself (For good reasons too).

This shit scared me and had me paranoid for quite a while now…

Oh man, I have a vast cache of dreams stored in my mind, but I don't feel like writing them out because they're somewhat long. Anyway, I recently had a dream where near the end I was in a trance-like state of relaxation, floating above a grassy field in the middle of nowhere, with a sunset sky and highly visible stars and such above. Right then, a peaceful song started playing, and I just aimlessly wandered around for a bit taking everything in. At that moment, I felt like I knew the secrets of the surrounding universe, and was finally at peace…

Then I realized the song was coming from my alarm clock and jarred awake just in time to almost miss my first class of the day.

We used to have a Donatos in Holland but it closed about 10 years ago now. I've had two dreams where one has actually opened again, but then it closed not long after. How cruel is that?

@Ric Tesla,
Have you watched The Matrix lately or something?

@thread,
Weirdest dream I ever had was in high school. The dream itself is very difficult to describe, but have you ever had a very vivid dream in which you were somebody else, and when you wake up, you momentarily forget where you are and even who you are? If not, you're not even going to be able to slightly relate.

In the dream, I was underwater. This was okay, because whatever I was in the dream was quite capable of breathing underwater. I don't know what I was, but it seemed sort of like a whale, and sort of like a jellyfish. On top of all that, I felt certain that I was moving in 4-dimensional space.

When I woke up, not only did I not know where I was, but I couldn't figure out what I was. There was an unpleasant noise that seemed to be coming out of my body, but I wasn't sure why. I tried to move and realized that what I had though to be my body was actually the bed I was sleeping on, and the noise was coming from the alarm on my wristwatch. Looking at the wristwatch, everything flooded back into my mind and was normal again.

[photo:260154]

Last edited Feb 29, 2012 at 12:31AM EST

I walked through the archway of the Temple of Osiris, it was adorned in Egyptian hieroglyphs, with various incantations and passages from the book of the dead. I walked to a room reminiscent of a doctor's observation room. It had the same walls as the rest of the accursed pyramid had, but with modern equipment.

I notice this inhumane sound protruding from under a blanket on one of the tables. It bulged in a humanoid fashion, I noticed movement to the conformity as tentacle structures emanated from it. They each had multiple eyes all staring coolly at me. Then the blanket disappeared in a puff of blackened flame. After the uproar of singed delight, it revealed a corrupted biological mass. A mass that in all common sense should not even survive. Its "face" resembled a female human face. It was a greenish moldy flattened one, with fangs jutted from the mandibular region and eyes as dead as night. The body was a mangled contortion with what appeared necrotic and having multiple animal-like appendages sprouting ever which way. It had an almost sickly insect appearance. Its legs where of a mass congealment of tentacled spires, made form a concept of pure chaos. Bones and muscles are indistinguishable from it.

It took one of its tentacles and wrapped it around my abdominal region. Almost as quickly as it happened, my body began to change and I could feel discomfort as my bones reshaped and muscles being manipulated in ways that are unnatural. I started to fuse with it, almost sensual in its being. I felt a vast knowledge contradicting my own, and my perceptions meshed with it. Then I woke up.

I'm not making an inception joke.
but has anyone ever had a dream and they woke up, but waking up was also a dream, so you had to wake up again. I have.

@ShadowOfOsiris:
Hey! Long time no see! I'm guessing from your dream that you've been busy the last few months watching tentacle gore porn rather than visiting KYM?

@Slendy:
Many, many times. While I thought Inception was a very interesting movie, it wasn't because of the concept of dreams within dreams, which I considered commonplace.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!