Forums / Discussion / General

174,015 total conversations in 5,718 threads

+ New Thread


Sperm Are Now People

Last posted Mar 14, 2012 at 02:12AM EDT. Added Mar 02, 2012 at 07:46PM EST
55 posts from 36 users

I see no difference in a sperm or a baby. A sperm is just a person yet to be born. Even though it doesn’t have a heartbeat, I still consider it a “person.”

Last edited Mar 02, 2012 at 08:02PM EST

If sperm is now people, then I’m definitely in trouble.

Seriously though, we don’t give animals rights. They can think, but they can’t think enough to actually make the same rational decisions as a human.

If you can’t treat animals exactly like humans, give them every right possible because they can’t think well enough, why are you giving the same dang privilege to human sperm, something which cannot make any decision but to move towards an egg?

“However, any action in which a man ejaculates or otherwise deposits semen anywhere but in a woman’s vagina shall be interpreted and construed as an action against an unborn child,” reads the amendment.

No Fapping?

I doubt this will go anywhere (If there is any truth to it that is. Huffington is not a reputable news source IMO). They can try to rule sperm as people but they won’t succeed. Nobody is going to roll with it. You can’t stop men from treating sperm as disposable units.

What are they going to do? Arrest every guy that tries to fap? Good luck.

Yet another complete waste of time regulating unimportant things for no benefit whatsoever to the country

Last edited Mar 02, 2012 at 11:01PM EST

Anako wrote:

I see no difference in a sperm or a baby. A sperm is just a person yet to be born. Even though it doesn’t have a heartbeat, I still consider it a “person.”

Sperm doesn’t become a possible human until it fertilizes an egg, completing the genome.
Before that, it doesn’t carry the full sequence.

If semen is considered people. Then I have crushed entire planets in the name of myself.

Also I have a feeling this may have something to do with this current thread.
http://knowyourmeme.com/forums/general/topics/11161-boy-dies-after-masturbating-42-times-in-a-row?page=1#forum_post_186380

But in the meantime. BOW TO ME TINY PEOPLE. BOW TO ME OR ANOTHER PLANET IS DOOMED!

Last edited Mar 02, 2012 at 11:40PM EST

That-guy wrote:

If semen is considered people. Then I have crushed entire planets in the name of myself.

Also I have a feeling this may have something to do with this current thread.
http://knowyourmeme.com/forums/general/topics/11161-boy-dies-after-masturbating-42-times-in-a-row?page=1#forum_post_186380

But in the meantime. BOW TO ME TINY PEOPLE. BOW TO ME OR ANOTHER PLANET IS DOOMED!


If anyone is getting what I am implying, they should jump into a large oven, and bake themselves at 450 degrees for an hour & a half.

Last edited Mar 02, 2012 at 11:47PM EST

Anako wrote:

I see no difference in a sperm or a baby. A sperm is just a person yet to be born. Even though it doesn’t have a heartbeat, I still consider it a “person.”

Sperms are specialised cells. Nothing less, nothing more. They have no personality, no emotions, no cognitive function, and no unique characteristics. To say that they’re the same as a person is just silly.

Sweatie Killer wrote:


If anyone is getting what I am implying, they should jump into a large oven, and bake themselves at 450 degrees for an hour & a half.

well there goes half the population of china

Sperm are cells. Cells are made of Atoms. Atomas are made of protons, neutrons etc.

You can go as far as you want splitting it into smaller parts. But each of these smaller parts could be reformed into anything else in the universe. So where do you draw the line? If we had the techonolgy, we could split a freaking table into it’s protons and smaller, and form a living human being from it.

Is breaking the table instead not considered destroying potential life?

CjayS wrote:

Sperm are cells. Cells are made of Atoms. Atomas are made of protons, neutrons etc.

You can go as far as you want splitting it into smaller parts. But each of these smaller parts could be reformed into anything else in the universe. So where do you draw the line? If we had the techonolgy, we could split a freaking table into it’s protons and smaller, and form a living human being from it.

Is breaking the table instead not considered destroying potential life?

I had no idea a table contained sex chromosomes from a male and female human.

madcat wrote:

I had no idea a table contained sex chromosomes from a male and female human.

Chromosones are made of DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid).

This is made up of an arragement of elements.

Which in turn is made up of an Arrangement of atoms.

Which can be split, and reformed if we had the techonolgy.

I am not saying that a table has sexchromosones. I’m saying I could make them from a table’s atoms, if I knew how and had the technology.

CjayS wrote:

Chromosones are made of DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid).

This is made up of an arragement of elements.

Which in turn is made up of an Arrangement of atoms.

Which can be split, and reformed if we had the techonolgy.

I am not saying that a table has sexchromosones. I’m saying I could make them from a table’s atoms, if I knew how and had the technology.

I see what you’re saying, and you’re right, the line needs to be drawn somewhere. I think once a child develops cognitive abilities life truly begins.

madcat wrote:

I see what you’re saying, and you’re right, the line needs to be drawn somewhere. I think once a child develops cognitive abilities life truly begins.

Yep, i think I agree on that one too. Either that, or it could be considered truely alive when it can survive outside the womb.

But this is where the abortion debate gets sticky, because a foetus can move, react to light, has a distinct sleep pattern (etc.) before it has left the womb.

The moment fapping becomes illegal by the American Constitution, is the moment people will finally get up and overthrow the system.

First of all THIS IS STUPID. A sperm is not even half a person. It’s a cell. We have cells in our bodies that can be found in a lot of other things. A sperm is not conscious. A sperm might look like a tiny tadpole, but I assure you it’s no more self aware than a mold spore. Fapping =/= Genocide. It = Normal and acceptable as long as you’re not doing it in public. It’s shit like this that makes people’s religions and beliefs look retarded. I can’t stand it. I’m practically embarrassed to admit that I’m Christian these days.

Wait. The average man releases about 100 million spermies upon ejaculation.

So even if you get you waifu pregnant, that’s still 99 million man-slaughters.

I believe that’s at least 495 million years in prison.

But still, if I masturbate once, I will kill 400 millions of microscopic pre-miracles. And If I have sex and want to have a child, wouldn’t fertilisation take place with one ovum(or two, rarely) and ONE sperm. So technically, I have to sacrifice 399 999 999 sperm just to save ONE sperm so the fertilisation can only take place.

Oh the irony…

Le reading newspaper

“Hey dad, funny question. How much do you and mommy really love me? :D”

“Oh boy… here we go. Well son, let’s put it this way. Because of my will to prove that I can be a family man, your mom and I decided to make a miracle which is you, son. :)
Now, I want you to imagine your mom and I had hiked a 7000 step to the top of the mountain through hard “sweaty work” and we have to “jerk our knees” as hard as we can in order to reach the top. When we finally reached there, I have to “release” a total of your 40 millions of your brothers and sisters. But God only permit us to pick only. It was a difficult decision to make but you, yes, you make a noticeable spark and captured my attention. And that right away, your mom and I decide to pick you and have to let go of the rest."

“0_0… But what happens to the others?”

“Oh they just… died… I think… It’s already proven that a sper… I’m mean… your brothers and sisters cannot live for more than 48 hours once they are released into the outside world.”

“O_O….”

“I love you too, son. :)”

Yeah, quite a crappy example I gave there… I’m going to lay down for a bit and think of what I’ve just written…

Last edited Mar 05, 2012 at 12:30PM EST

Katie C. wrote:

Also, what about everything flushed out in menstruation?

I KILL A POTENTIAL BABY EVERY MONTH

arrest me now :c

Does this make eating chicken eggs verboten for vegetarians?

From the article:

“[E]ach ‘egg person’ and each ‘sperm person’ should be deemed equal in the eyes of the government and be subject to the same laws and regulations as any other dependent minor and be protected against abuse, neglect or abandonment by the parent or guardian,” says the resolution. “[L]aws should be enacted by all legislative bodies in the United States to promote equal representation, and should potentially include laws in defense of ‘personhood,’ forbidding every man from destroying his semen.”
Last edited Mar 05, 2012 at 01:24PM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I doubt this will go anywhere (If there is any truth to it that is. Huffington is not a reputable news source IMO). They can try to rule sperm as people but they won’t succeed. Nobody is going to roll with it. You can’t stop men from treating sperm as disposable units.

What are they going to do? Arrest every guy that tries to fap? Good luck.

Yet another complete waste of time regulating unimportant things for no benefit whatsoever to the country

It’s a trollbill

Read the last paragraph:

Other legislators have lodged similar protests. As the Virginia legislature considered a bill requiring women to undergo mandatory ultrasounds before abortions, state Sen. Janet Howell put forth an amendment mandating that men get a rectal exam and a cardiac stress test prior to being treated for erectile dysfunction. (The mandatory ultrasound bill has since passed the state Senate and the governor is expected to sign, albeit no longer requiring an invasive transvaginal ultrasound.) Georgia state Rep. Yasmin Neal introduced a bill vastly limiting vasectomies for men as a protest against an abortion bill in her state.

Anako wrote:

I see no difference in a sperm or a baby. A sperm is just a person yet to be born. Even though it doesn’t have a heartbeat, I still consider it a “person.”

Also, in reply to your masturbation comment, I like what Sam Harris says on potential life (The context is of a conversation about stem cell research, but his paragraph is still relevant):

“…almost every cell in your body is a potential human being, given our recent advances in genetic engineering*. Every time you scratch your nose, you are committing a Holocaust of potential human beings. This is a fact. The argument from a cell’s potential gets you absolutely nowhere.”

*The book within which he says this was written in 2006. These advances are probably much more effective and refined by now.

Well, this is dumb. Correct me if im wrong, but doesnt the sperm in your balls die and get replaced regulary anyways? Im not sure what they wish to accomplish with this. Whatever, I will shoot my load willy nilly and they cant tell me shit.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!