Forums / Discussion / General

232,891 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Let's talk about China

Last posted Mar 10, 2012 at 11:14PM EST. Added Mar 10, 2012 at 07:19PM EST
8 posts from 7 users

China is, unequivocally, a leviathan in the arena of world relations. It has a massive, ever-expanding economy, the largest military in the world, a powerful government, the largest population in the world, and commits to mind-bogglingly huge amounts of trade. In the other hemisphere, the Old Giant, America, is faltering. Constantly being brought under by political instability, crumbling infrastructure, a hard-hit economy, and growing tensions within its own population, the United States is soon to be usurped by other nations. The two most possible world powers seem to be China or Japan. But, this thread is about modern China.

What is your opinion on China and its various infrastructural attributes? Do you think that China will eventually become more open to committed protection of Human Rights as it walks ever more quickly to the world spotlight? Do you think that it will overtake America as the largest, and most stable, economy? Generate some discussion on modern China here.

Note: I want this thread to be for serious discussion on China. The occasional joke is allowable, but let's keep it civilised and relatively focused.

The first thing I have to say about China is 我爸是李刚!

Which says a lot more than just "My dad is Li Gang". It points to the vast and crippling amounts of corruption in modern China. The corruption, and the general family-first attitude towards doing business there, I think, is the root of a lot of the problems China is facing, including unsafe infrastructure and the problems with migrant workers (Foxconn etc).

Ryuki Satzuki I'mJustADamnCentaur wrote:

By the way? Why China always copying stuffs? Like:
Bayblade shows
Gundam Statue
Technologies
Team Fortress 2
And more.

It would probably come down to xenophobia. Obviously, they're trying to adapt it to their own cultural preferences and ensure no large western intrusions. The Chinese have a history of looking inwardly; most of the world's technological progress began in the Far East and moved west along trade routes as history progressed, and they were heavily resistant to trade from Europe in the colonial periods.

Last edited Mar 10, 2012 at 08:52PM EST

Fridge wrote:

It would probably come down to xenophobia. Obviously, they're trying to adapt it to their own cultural preferences and ensure no large western intrusions. The Chinese have a history of looking inwardly; most of the world's technological progress began in the Far East and moved west along trade routes as history progressed, and they were heavily resistant to trade from Europe in the colonial periods.

I think of it more as certain people simply copying games and selling them at warped prices, so as to gain money off of a game that already exists, unbeknownst to the normal Chinese buyer.

As soon as people stop buying from China because of how expensive they are getting, the republic will have massive problems trying to export its low quality junk, and collapse.

We don't really need the middle east for oil, Canada is pretty much filling the role of that now, although it does a lot of damage.

City governments are the biggest pain in the ass right now in America, being a small business is really tough, if not impossible depending on the city.

Last edited Mar 10, 2012 at 11:29PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!